The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

3 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 27 2020, 12:11

Admin wrote:OOC And he is about 50 feet away! You have 1 round before 'Kaboom'

"Games up friends, they are likely to kill as many hostages as they can and pin it on us. So no time for subtly, Atomica take Sly Vixen and go rescue the MP and Mayor and Melody and I will take what we can of the hostages above. Go!"

And with that Frostbite a deep frown on his face, took Melody a look of apology as he effortlessly went up dispersing them both and at the same time asking Frostbot for any location data on the other guards above. He needed to come among them if possible so they could attack and take them out before they had a chance to turn their weapons on their hostages.

OOC: OK move to intersperse me between guards and hostages and go for wide attack on both if I can. If I need to I will create a force wall of ice, to stop them from killing instead of attacking them and then go to attack them when I know the hostages are safe.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Admin Fri May 29 2020, 13:22

Frostbite flew across to the downed terrorist and knew he would not be able to grab them, disperse and get out in time.

He did the next best thing.

Knowing that the people in the suits were very soon to be dead regardless he fired ice at the downed pair, layering thick ice on top of itself to be more durable and protective than any steel!

Thwump.

There was a muted explosion and a couple of cracks appeared in the ice, but otherwise the dome he'd created on the floor would last for an hour or more.

Atomica muttered "At last!" and smashed through a window to fly up outside of the building and in her fiery form!

Melody looked less certain but seemed to shimmer and become a being of living sound!

She followed through the hole and Sly Vixen glanced about. "Atomica is like a bull in a china shop! This could go bad!"

Nonetheless the heroine set off running at a fast lick towards a stairwell.

Flying up through the ceiling and into a corridor above he asked Frostbot for information and turned to where he knew a room full of hostages was.

Moving through the wall he saw an armoured man holding a gun to a woman's head!

He could create a barrier between the terrorists and the terrified staff on the ground with hands over their heads but the hostage with a gun to her head would suffer. "Hold it there, hero!" shouted the man, voice modulated to sound like a robot. "One false move and I redecorate the office here with this ladies head. Power down or she gets it!"

The frightened hostage was crying and whimpering. Elsewhere in the building he heard shots ring out. LOTS of shots!

OOC sorry should have said you're about 15 feet away from the hostages on the ground and the bad guy has the woman held with a gun to her head at the window some twenty five feet away. In terms of range don't sweat it, will add +2 to difficulty unless you move closer but that's nothing compared to your Energy Blast 22.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 29 2020, 15:21

Admin wrote:
OOC sorry should have said you're about 15 feet away from the hostages on the ground and the bad guy has the woman held with a gun to her head at the window some twenty-five feet away. In terms of range don't sweat it, will add +2 to difficulty unless you move closer but that's nothing compared to your Energy Blast 22.

OOC: This is going to depend on if the guy can be shot before he gets a shot off, safely with the hostage in mind, or if not then I depower down, no question. If I can get a shot off I go for accuracy and pour it on, if not I take what is coming and hope I can weather that storm. If I do have to de-ice, can I still increase my density or go slurpy without it being obvious - just thinking outside, around and under the box here.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 29 2020, 23:27

OOC All of your powers look the way they do or seem that way for flavour. So if you want to look normal but be mistlike when someone swings at you that's fine. Density Increase doesn't have to look like a giant clunky ice robot guy, you can just get heavier and stronger. Since your recent power upgrade Dispersal is now your best defensive ability when you bung your power reserve points in it. It boosts your Resistance Value to 26 so even if this guy did hit you it would need a BIG roll. That said, the issue isn't with if Frostbite could take a hit its whether he can beat the trigger finger of the guy across the room.

Frostbite looked at the impassive black faced helmet facing him across the room.

He was ice cool, frosty... but a bead of sweat rolled down his forehead.

The woman looked petrified, desperate to live.

Frostbite would have to raise an arm, aim, fire and hit the gun or the bad guy, missing the woman completely. He would have to do that so fast he could beat the trigger finger of the enemy.

It might be the hardest shot he'd ever attempted.

OOC Up to you. You can try it, try with HP (state how many dice you want bearing in mind he has FROSTBITE HP 96. This is a pure dex thing with initiative (reflexes) so I'm gonna try something new with initiative. Normally that would take into account Intelligence and Influence but as soon as you twitch he will twitch.

He has Dex 9 you have Dex 10. It will be a close, close run thing. You can spend HP to buy extra dice in the normal manner. Save some for the shot.

1 Die 6HP
2 Die 13HP
3 Die 21HP
4 Die 30HP...

So you'd have to win initiative then make the shot, which won't be easy but is doable.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 30 2020, 10:42

Admin wrote:So you'd have to win initiative then make the shot, which won't be easy but is doable.[/i][/color]

OOC: OK forgive me here but can I add die to the initiative to make sure I go first? I want to stack in my favour or I'd rather try a different angle. And so want to buy 2 dice for the initiative, and 2 for accuracy and hope that is enough to get me through this next encounter. Funny how sometimes the action slows right down when it becomes incredible critical and precise.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 01 2020, 06:48

OOC yeah am allowing you to purchase 'gunslingin' initiative dice there pardner in the pursuit of saving innocent bystanders...

So, initiative to beat that trigger finger...

Frostbite Dex 10 + Roll(3d12)+0: 2,8,8,+0 Total:18 vs
Terrorist Dex 9 + Roll(1d12)+0: 9,+0 Total:18

It's a tie! In which case we use Dex as the higher stat which means Frostbite just about scrapes it...

Energy Blast 22 + 2D HP + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,3,9,4,+0 Total:19 (41) vs
Terrorist Dex 9 + Range 2 + Trick Shot (to miss the woman and hit him) 4 + 1D Acro (3D Attack) + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,4,6,+0 Total:11 (26)

+5 (to 27) vs RV17 (with force field)=10 Damage. Just enough, the guy is down and OUT! Which means there is another problem to occur shortly (kaboom)

With a sudden raised hand and squint Frostbite let loose with a single powerful blast of his energy! It had seemed his recent change, be it mastery of his powers or his confidence, had seem him grown slightly in power output too as the force field equipped trooper spun and slammed into the wall behind the terrified hostage!

There were screams, gasps, sobbing and the woman stumbled forward to fall on her knees only feet away from the dropped terrorist! However Frostbite knew that the armour would have one last sting in the tail with its self destruct primed and giving only seconds before it would explode presumably so that others garbed in the same could know to get away, not because they cared about the innocent!

There were a rush of hostages towards Frostbite and the door behind him and he knew he only had seconds to act before the armour explosion might undo his good work and kill ALL the hostages at once!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 01 2020, 22:00

Admin wrote:There were a rush of hostages towards Frostbite and the door behind him and he knew he only had seconds to act before the armour explosion might undo his good work and kill ALL the hostages at once!

Neer a dull moment, moving to impose himself between the hostages and the armoured alien, Frostbite struck out with both arms unleashing a super cold flurry of frigid air hoping to coat the armoured assailant sufficiently without himself or those around him suffering unduly from its suicide attempt.

He had to hope that the others were similarly successful but wondered in the confusion if the aliens might try to masquerade as civilians in order to get out undetected, clearly, the suicide attempt was to make sure that no evidence of Advent's hand in this could be found. That was something that Frostbite would love to expose if possible. But that was secondary to getting these hostages out as they came into work this day.

OOC: OK let's see if we can freeze this boy up and stop him from incinerating me in the process.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02 2020, 23:56

Once again Frostbite switched his internal energies to his ice production and he buried the downed terrorist under thick layers of ultra hard ice.

As before there was a muffled THWUMP but it didn't even crack the ice...

OOC Bomb 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:9 (17) vs
Ice Structure 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:17 (32) Not a dent.

Frostbite was swamped with hugs and crying hostages all of a sudden who were grateful and getting in his way!

Elsewhere in the building other groups would be coming under attack from Atomica and Melody. Sly Vixen would be doing her thing, sneaking about but he figured she'd not be able to take these guys on due to her different power levels and abilities - straight up fights were not her forte.

OOC Melody or Atomica's group you want to head to next...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 03 2020, 12:19

Admin wrote:Elsewhere in the building other groups would be coming under attack from Atomica and Melody. Sly Vixen would be doing her thing, sneaking about but he figured she'd not be able to take these guys on due to her different power levels and abilities - straight up fights were not her forte.

OOC Melody or Atomica's group you want to head to next...?

Frostbite again spoke with his inner friend, even whilst he allowed his molecules to destabilise and fly to where he was needed next. 'Where are there concentrations of the guards, I need to deploy myself wisely do we know what Atomica and Melody are facing? Also, call in the police to surround the area and let no one escape, we need to make sure none the aliens tries to pose as a civilian and get away undetected.'

OOC: OK assuming the others are facing the remaining guards I'll go to Atomica, but, if there are any other guards as yet unengaged that would be my first port of call as the civilians there would be undefended. I'll also inform the others that I am bringing in the police and to let no one escape, the aliens my try to escape or merge among the victims and detonate among the crowd. What they can do is seek to damage us, if they can't forward their own agenda specifically.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 04 2020, 14:31

'The top floor, two floors above this, appears to have the greatest concentration of guards... and someone... some 'thing' else.A metahuman of some kind according to the image on the cameras. Hold on.' said Frostbot.

An image of... 'something' appeared on his vision as a 'heads up'.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Codex

'This being is technological. An android or similar, but of a kind unknown to me. It's brain/cranium appears to be the only solid part of its being whilst the rest of it seems to be composed of pure energy.' said Frostbot.

'According to the cameras there are half a dozen armoured guards. They are holding the officials hostage in the upper floor. The being has...' Frostbot paused. 'I have been locked out of the cameras. It would be dangerous for me to attempt to enter their system again as I may be trapped or locked out forever. The energy beings' doing.'

OOC int check for Frosty... Int 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:16 (25) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,5,+0 Total:15 (21)

+3 (to 11) vs RV6=5 RAPs.

1) Something is 'off' about all of this. If ADVENT is behind this why are they targeting known ADVENT sympathisers (the MP and the Mayor)?
2-3) They have made no demands. There seems to be little to gain here except for bad publicity when the details emerge. There is nothing to steal and aside from minutes on News Channels there is little to gain from this mess.
4-6) There is another factor at play here, possibly using ADVENT technology to get the job done but the delay seems to be to achieve something. With so many news cameras and witnesses outside there may yet be another player in this game, one to arrive very shortly.

As if to confirm Frostbites' suspicion there is a roar of jet like engines from outside! Someone... something... else has turned up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 04 2020, 19:44

Admin wrote:As if to confirm Frostbites' suspicion there is a roar of jet-like engines from outside! Someone... something... else has turned up!

Frostbot got any eyes on what is going on above? Frostbite asked urgently. Even whilst he was dematerialising and heading up as fast as he could to the roof. "Everyone on me, I think we might have been part of a bigger game. The big bad is upstairs but something worse is coming in that jet you can hear overhead. As soon as you can get to the roof..."

Frostbite wondered what Advent's game was, he was partly wrong-footed by only having a passing knowledge of this new group on the block, but at the same time he wondered if he was getting soft in his old age missing the obvious, the connection between sympathisers and Advent. Had some sort of deal been struck? Was this to be a beachhead into British life? He didn't doubt that Advent would wait to be invited in and when that didn't work, undermine government any way they could to get their way.

As he passed on up, aware that hostages where still being held - he felt torn but had to know what the bigger game was, the hostages might be collateral or they might be something far more sinister.

OOC: OK so using dispersal straight to the roof, and asking if Frostbot can patch into external camera's. Don't like the look of the Android thingy either...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 04 2020, 21:14

There was no answer from Frostbites' comm call but he heard shooting and blasting going on somewhere in the building...

Flying up fast and dispersed Frostbite flashed through the floors catching glimpses of furniture, people, office stuff... then daylight and out in the open. Looking down at the city hall he saw a wide cordon with people stood at it, cellphones recording. Police held people back behind barriers and film crews reported live on the scene, capturing everything... and looking up, past Frostbite.

He followed their gaze and saw a large dark flying vessel swooping in... with two similar vehicles hovering in the air about a half mile up!

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Advent-reinforcements

It was large enough for a group, possibly twenty more and headed towards the roof of the City Hall...

OOC Wait for the thing to swoop in and lower (it's not going to land but its trajectory suggests that it will instead pull up and hover directly over the City Hall...)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 04 2020, 21:17

Admin wrote:OOC Wait for the thing to swoop in and lower (it's not going to land but its trajectory suggests that it will instead pull up and hover directly over the City Hall...)

Frostbite didn't like this at all, and neither did he think the government - foreign unauthorised spacecraft in British airspace. But he had to find out more about what was going on and flew up and into the craft.

OOC: OK at this stage I am not going to try and be hostile, just scout and find out what is going on. I feel like the guy who turned up to school only to be told there was a test and everyone but me is ready.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 05 2020, 09:19

Flying up full dispersed (OOC I assume) Frostbite flew INTO the ship!

Inside was dark and lit only by a red light in the hold where a dozen forms were waiting... and they were bizarre indeed!

OOC ok, they obviously aren't outdoors but this is what you are looking at. A floating/flying half person that has obviously been cyborg enhanced and they look beautiful/ghastly in equal amounts.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Male-and-female-archons

Accompanying them an armoured man in red...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Advent-Officer

He strode forward and spoke, pulling a gun and pointing it at Frostbite. "Arvek Grorrr Summ Chalaka!" he declared.

The dozen floating/flying half people levelled those nasty looking power lances at Frostbite!

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Thin-man

Yet another emerged from the cockpit area and levelled his gun at Frostbite! he spoke like the officer had done, in that strange mish mash alien language!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 05 2020, 17:05

Admin wrote:Yet another emerged from the cockpit area and levelled his gun at Frostbite! he spoke like the officer had done, in that strange mish mash alien language!

Frostbite knew when the odds were stacked against him, but what he couldn't ascertain was what they hoped to gain. Since they had arrived, something more might be going on downstairs, so back he reluctantly decided to go.

Slipping out of the ship, and fast descending he hoped the others had had a chance to get free and then go tackle the situation below. But the truth was this was accelerating real fast. Speaking to Frostbot he added, Dawson needs to know what we are up against here. Not sure if we can win this one, suddenly things have got really bad. Relay that message on his channel, tell him what we've seen and what is going on. Advent or whoever these aliens are, maybe another group, he might know...but he needs to know.

OOC: OK depending on who is about, hope to gather at the roof and then go tackle the hostages on the floor where the android was. I feel like I'm making what was meant to be a careful plan into a real hash. Only wish I did really have Frostbites skills at strategy and tactics.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 07 2020, 07:43

OOC Sometimes you can be as careful as you like but the plans of others throw yours into array. All you can do is jump in the river and hope to navigate the rapids so you can get to the calm waters...

Frostbite left the ADVENT transporter and swooped down to the building below explaining to Dawson all he'd seen so far.

"So ... wait..." the Commander said. "You're saying ADVENT are the ones taking hostages but ADVENT are swooping in to ... what... help them? Or stop them? That makes no sense. The Mayor and the MP have both been very vocal about support for ADVENT and that the British people should be allowed a referendum on whether to alien with ADVENT."

There was a pause. "You say the terrorists are exploding and leaving no trace? This is just... I'll get back to you Frostbite. Try to secure the rest of the hostages."

Frostbot relayed the message from Dawson back to Frostbite.

He landed on the roof then made his best guess where to plunge in to get to the rest of the hostages. Glancing up he saw the ADVENT carrier making its final approach to the rooftop and a side hatch open whereon the flying 'Archons' swooped out and headed to the City Hall building. They were magnificent, shining, unearthly, unreal, with their half bodies and classically beautiful upper torsos.

OOC Detective check (Clue Analysis)

Int 9 + 2D Detective + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,10,1,5,+0 Total:18 (27) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:13 (21)

+3 (to will 11) vs RV8=3 RAPs

1) Advent created the technology but may or may not have given it to the terrorists in the building.
2-3) The target is clearly the high profile pair of MP and Mayor who have repeatedly and publicly sounded their support for ADVENT. The terrorists appeared to have been waiting for some platform or means to get their own message across but have not had time to do that. Knowing that superhumans were on the scene they may accelerate their plans to their ultimate conclusion. They may or may not know that ADVENT are on the scene too, but for what reason is unclear.

There was something missing here. A key fact or part of the puzzle that would allow the facts to drop into place.

Frostbite swooped into the upper floor of the building through the roof eaves and into a corridor. He appeared BEHIND a Terrorist who was guarding a door and looking out the upper floor window at the crowds below some distance away and appeared not to be aware of Frostbite.

OOC Attack him or get straight into the room he's guarding where the high profile hostages will be held? Frostbite can hear weapons firing and blasts of energy beams elsewhere in the building....

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 07 2020, 13:56

Admin wrote:OOC Sometimes you can be as careful as you like but the plans of others throw yours into array. All you can do is jump in the river and hope to navigate the rapids so you can get to the calm waters...

OOC: Fair point.

Admin wrote:OOC Attack him or get straight into the room he's guarding where the high profile hostages will be held? Frostbite can hear weapons firing and blasts of energy beams elsewhere in the building....[/i]

Frostbite took the opportunity to super freeze the man there and then. He had to hope the others were holding their own till he could get to them. If in the meantime he could grab the dignitaries and escort them below, he would also remove them from where Advent had landed and put them further out of 'harm's way'.

OOC: Super freeze and then dispersal to get inside the room and see what is what with our other hostages.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 11 2020, 00:04

Frostbite took aim at the terrorist...

OOC ice Production to 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:12 (27) vs
OV9 - Blindside 2 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8 (17)

+4 (to 19) vs RV8 (Str)=11RAPs. Success.

Ice covers the terrorist in a thick coating and the guy is immobilised in a heartbeat!

Knowing what would happen next Frostbite switched to his dispersal power and moved through the wall into the room beyond...

There were a dozen or so hostages in here... along with five terrorists. One of the terrorists was holding a woman by the window with a gun pointed at the back of her head and shouting out to the Police "... SENDING A MESSAGE OUT TO ALL YOU ADVENT LOVERS! WE WON'T MAKE NO DEALS WITH THE LOUSY ALIENS!"

One of the hostages gasps and cries out when Frostbites blue glow draws her attention!

The Terrorists spin and level weapons!

OOC Frostbite wins initiative but he's up against FIVE terrorists in the armour and one of them has the Member of Parliament in his arms with a gun at her head!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 11 2020, 13:36

Admin wrote:The Terrorists spin and level weapons!

OOC Frostbite wins initiative but he's up against FIVE terrorists in the armour and one of them has the Member of Parliament in his arms with a gun at her head!!!

Remaining dispersed, Frostbite with some effort raises his hands and subtly lets go of the superhard permafrost that covers him as a gesture of none violence.

"I am no threat to you, but the Advent ships that have just landed above this place are. The two ships including creatures I have no idea what they are, are looking to come in and take what you've got here. And who knows what else. I can tell you they are doing this to make you a message alright, the message goes like this. 'See how benevolent we are, see how your own metahumans and police cannot protect your citizens, see how much better it would be to benefit from a partnership with Advent? They will spin this so that you are the bad guys, they are the cavalry and everything you've sort to do today will come crashing around your ears. Now I surely don't need to tell you is that what you want from this?"

Frostbite waited as he let the truth of what he said sink in. He knew they'd not like it, but he was hoping that the enemy of my enemy...

OOC: OK whilst wheels are turning and I hope I am making sense and getting through to these guys in their hardened positions. I can take a look around an work out what I do if this all goes south. If I have to multi-attack is there anything I can leverage to my advantage, are there any other hostages within easy grasp of gunmen. Can I create a clear path to shield them or enclose the terrorists etc?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 12 2020, 10:22

Frostbite let his words sink in as he glanced about...

OOC Hopefully the map will make things clearer somewhat...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 City-hall-frostbite-map

"Yeah? No threat? You pile in here, fancy powers, moving through the door... You think you can take us all on? These suits give us the POWER we need to resist ADVENT and all their supporters! The Aliens are the enemy! They have us fighting against each other and people like this woman and the Mayor are fanning the flames! We need to take a stand, but you wouldn't understand that... you're a stooge of the system. You probably WANT ADVENT to take over, to decide our lives for us, to give us nice cars and rebuild the cities... and in doing so put us all out of work and at the mercy of the state who can tell us what to do and when to do it!" said the man with the gun to the MPs head.

"They won't talk to us, ignore us because we're 'little people' but we see the threat even if Joe public sees what the media tell us..." he snarls. "These suits give us power to take the system on, and you're part of it! Now get out or I'll decorate this place with this traitors body!"

OOC He's very tense and twitchy! You could try persuading him but failure will make it worse and he is outright opposed to giving in!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 12 2020, 20:02

Admin wrote:OOC He's very tense and twitchy! You could try persuading him but failure will make it worse and he is outright opposed to giving in!

OOC: DO they know their armour is set to explode and leave no trace when they die? I just wonder if they have been sold a crooked bill of goods or if that is part of the plan as such. The fact they go poof and leave no evidence rather than suicide bomber like don't take as many with them as possible might be something I can use to leverage against them. But I think I am going to persuade this guy, I can't get the whole lot of them without hitting civilians as well, and I am aware that with Advent descending on us...this guy is running out of options.

But before I go into full-on speech mode I want to know what I have on my side to use to persuade him, as I am struggling with this one. But then my plan is to try and win him over Exclamation if possible as I mean what else can I do? And I might need to pour some HP into weighing things in my favour.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 15 2020, 09:18

FROSTBITE HP 77

OOC Intelligence (INT) check 9 + 2D Detective + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,2,12,1,+0 Total:18 (27)
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (22) +3EV (to 11) vs RV6=5RAPs

1) The 'terrorists' are indeed opposed to ADVENT and have not hurt any humans yet. They appear to be misguided and completely unaware or unwilling to listen about being manipulated by ADVENT. Technically they have been duped and indeed are victims though they feel they are following some political agenda.
2-3) Frostbot confirmed that ADVENT supplied these powered suits - indirectly it would seem - and these guys or their organisation found the funds or means to secure them conveniently. The technology they are using would cost millions and NOT be available outside of a supervillain/mmad scientist or top secret government installation.
4-6) Chances are this whole thing is a set up reverse engineered by ADVENT after they conviniently supply a squad of Troopers to fly in and save the day after the superheroes and local authorities can't deal with the situation. However Frostbite and his group have upset that situation somewhat and accelerated plans... PLUS there is the strange being Frostbite revealed (4th June post) that the Terrorists have not referenced in any way at all. Could their ADVENT supplied gear not even see that strange woman/creature that Frostbot had picked up on the cctv? Where was it now and what did it plan?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 15 2020, 22:30

Admin wrote:[color=#0033cc]FROSTBITE HP 77

OOC Intelligence (INT) check 9 + 2D Detective + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,2,12,1,+0 Total:18 (27)
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (22) +3EV (to 11) vs RV6=5RAPs

OOC:[i] I was really stumped as to what to do here, so I am going to do the totally unexpected. Let's hope it doesn't backfire spectacularly.

Frostbite lifted his hands higher, then deceased himself from ice, effectively appearing to power down, and then sat down. He knew his actions would draw curious looks and so he offered this as he relaxed. "You know I've been in different dimensions, I've been to one end of this galaxy and back, I've been back in time, I've fought Nazi zombies in space, and when I get back I never cease to be amazed me there is always something new that pops up just when you thought you'd got things tidied away. I fought in the war you know, and when someone showed up with new technology, a technology that would cost any country a sizable part of their war chest, someone would be bound to ask, 'where'd that come from?' or 'Who have they got helping them'? But not you guys. No, somehow you know someone, who knows someone who just happened to come off some multi-million dollar state of the art tech that they just knew which lorry it would fall off to land in your lap. And you don't ask any questions, you don't think who has got tec like this? No, you just suit up and want to make a big show of things...by the way I don't disagree with your cause, just your methods. just for your information, if you want to protect your country, I'd not start by firing guns at the people whom you need to win over, but at the enemy who has clearly given you the armour, to come and take you out and make it look like your the bad guys and they're the good guys. Ever heard of "being played"? You, my friend are that man they're playing like a cheap fiddle. And I'm sitting here thinking that any moment now Advent is going to come in here, to save the day. And guess what suddenly your ever so great armour will go bye-bye, suffer a terrible malfunction or implode leaving you a small pile of ash and Advent looking like heroes. So since I can't stop you, I might as well let them do it and then try and pick up the pieces without scattering your ashes prematurely."

Looking around as if nothing was amiss, Frostbite added, "Anyone got an ice-cold Coke, even beer would be nice about now, I'd even go for an iced tea!"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 17 2020, 07:49

"What... what are you saying?" said the man who was the apparent leader.

"This suit gives us power! real power, and we're not afraid to use it! Until the British people wake up to the threat of ADVENT and stop listening to people like this woman..." he said of the Mp in his grasp "We'll be guilty of sleepwalking into their grasp! Can't you see? Any of you?"

The MP who was the hostage hissed "ADVENT saved us from the giant monster attack when people like HIM" she pointed to Frostbite "Couldn't do anything about it! My son died in one of those attacks and many more would have died if not for ADVENTs intervention! They rebuilt the cities of the countries that aligned with them faster than we can do. You only have to see the state of London to know that it will be years before we get our act in gear and restore normality! If ADVENT wanted to they could invade, crush our armed forces! Instead they offered help that the British Government turned down! They have clinics that fix the real problems of our time - disease and disabilities which our medicine can't heal and yet again we turn them down!"

The terrorist shook his head "Brainwashed! Mankind, for better or worse, has to stand on its own two feet! Disease? Disability? Yes! But we have shown time and again that we can fight against adversity and we move on. the pain and the suffering always stay with us but that's part of being a human being... living in some... Utopia where everything is done and decided for you? What's the point of getting out of bed in the... URK!"

The men in suits stiffened suddenly and the MP slipped free of his grasp! The hostages scrambled away and Frostbite rose.

'A 'kill' signal was sent to the suits. We only have seconds before they explode...' said Frostbot inside the heroes head.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Codex

Suddenly there was a flash of light in the room and a being appeared! "We are ADVENT. We have hacked into the suits to disable them and you are free to leave, safely and quickly via the fire exits. Unfortunately the suits are equipped with self destruct mechanisms and they will explode shortly so you should leave quickly."

'She' (if it was a she) turned to Frostbite "Your assistance is appreciated but we shall handle things from here."

Frostbite saw what she meant by 'we' when several flying/floating figures appeared at the windows.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 3 Archon

"Leave, for your own protection." the glowing woman said. "Or we shall remove you, again for your own protection."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 17 2020, 12:24

Admin wrote:"Leave, for your own protection." the glowing woman said. "Or we shall remove you, again for your own protection."

Frostbot, tell Dawson what has happened and St John's he will have government contact that should know about this. Frostbite said to his AI companion. Although he had a sinking feeling that there was more going on here than a publicity stunt. The trouble was Advent held the upper hand. If he showed too much of his own, what might follow.

Turning to the MP in question he said, "I remember people who like you felt there had to be a better way, they had a slogan, "Peace in our time!" I was there and I fought for peace and a better world. This isn't it, wolves in sheep's clothing!"

Frostbite wondered if there was any point in talking to the beings, even how that might be received? They appeared diverse in nature, different species, subsets, constructs, he didn't know. Nor did he know if the 'monsters' that attacked whilst he was away were not themselves part of Advent's arsenal.

"Quite the show you put on here today, I guess you all ready to have a press conference outside and tell the world what benevolent saviours you are. I am not sure what your long game is, what you hope to achieve, but clearly you've got an agenda, and it will come to light."

Frostbite turned to go and seek the others, asking Frostbot again to pinpoint their locations. He'd come on a simple mission and it had turned out to be anything but. He was hoping that by the time he caught up with the others Dawson would have had something in play. He couldn't help but wonder if he could somehow disable all electronic devices in the area to stop Advent lapping up the limelight of this occasion.

OOC: OK gather the team together, since the threat is over. The poor souls who had been suckered into this situation are no doubt but a small part of the eventual toll this will tack if we don't stop this. If I can get Frostbot to disable camera's, mobiles, phones and stuff I will do so. No need for Advent to make the most of this. Although I would imagine they'd have a back up plan...glory hounds often do.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next