The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

3 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Admin Sat May 16 2020, 20:01

OOC Oh! Yes weaknesses.

Right then. Within 10' of naked flame all his physical stats drop to 2, his skills conk out and his powers drop to 2 as well. He also starts to die (slowly). As soon as he moves more than 10' away he's fine and restored back to normal.

If this is too powerful I can jiggle the points about and weaken it but I have to think hard when I was that close to a naked flame. Years probably, unless you count my cooking in which case its every day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 2 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Admin Sat May 16 2020, 21:00

OOC Whilst you take a look at all that crunch, I'll update...

Atomica scowled, her beautiful face showing a hard expression. "The battle... I was ... naive. I thought us dealing with weak buffoons. They were... better."

She sucked in a large breath and looked around. "Were I in charge I would clear all this area so that no innocents were caught in any blast I might have to make, or stray shots. Yet here we are, mere servants to a power granted by something called a 'vote'. Where I come from my royal word is final."

She pauses again. "And yet I am here, not there."

"You are a warrior. Your mettle is proven, your might unquestioned. Your power as a leader is to guide and direct those around you to the best of your ability." she said. The words looked hard to come by. "I have read the multiple reports of my team mates and all agree."

"You would be a worthy addition to our ranks and I would petition for your membership. Though it galls me to say so, the boy would also be useful, if he were able to calm his yapping mouth."

She sighs. "Lead then. I and Sly Vixen will aid as you direct. You know of my power. Hers is more subtle. She argued about going into the building to scout it out and report back but she is impulsive and prone to irrational action."

Frostbite had to bite his tongue as the Princess described herself, pretty much.

"All we know is that the police were called from a mobile phone that the Mayor and all her staff as well as the local MP for the area are held captive in there by more than a dozen people dressed in paramilitary attire. I would fly in, use shock and awe, smash the evil with my power and strength!" she says with a clenched fist and flame in her eyes.

Frostbite had felt uneasy as she stood close and he realised why. He was sweating and Frostbot stated what he already knew.

'Your body temperature is dangerously high and thus your powers have diminished dramatically. Close proximity to the superhuman Atomica is not only ill advised, it is dangerous and given time would be fatal. Your superhuman abilities are unnatural and act within your mortal form as a kind of ... 'balance' within certain limits. It appears heat and naked flame are extremely dangerous to you now. This is a new development. Scanning. Scanning.'

'You have changed. You are... MORE.'
said Frostbot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 16 2020, 22:08

Admin wrote:OOC

The changes in a nutshell:

Dex +1, Str +1, Body same
Int +1, Will +3, Mind +1
Infl +1, Aura +2 Spirit +1

Powers are mostly DOWN across the board. Adrenaline surge is gone. In its place is Power reserve, the same as Lionheart and Miss Victory. You can boost those lower powers to your old levels without fear of the dice screwing you over. Power Reserve gives 10 points to add to:

(all these powers at 5 points unless noted on character sheet and can boost by up to 10 pts)
Ice Production (create swathes of ice up to 15APs which is a lot, attack with it etc, create walls, slides of super hard ice and so on)
Ice Control (move ice up to 15APs. This is not useful and has hardly ever been used but you never know.. Not legal before with Adren Surge)
Dispersal (up to 15APs enough to move through a steel vault door)
Weather Control (up to 15 which he could manage before with rolls but Adrenaline Surge would not have legally done it hence all this changing)
Energy Blast (as before not legal boosting with Adren Surge, now it is, up to 22APs! A boost of 8 points. That's massive and puts him high Class 3, low 4)
Icing (to 15, means he can punch with 15 effect value if up close and personal, which is enough to smash a tank in one hit)
Ice Animation (I think he had this before but it was useless. This time you can make an ice golem with up to 12 Dex Str and Body and 1 Infl aura spirit that follows his control. It's not massively powerful against the goons Frosty goes up against but it might soak up a hit or two before it goes down and is a pretty good hand to hand fighter in its own right).

Frosty flies faster (1000mph) and now legally has the following advantages which befit his status:

Free Access (as used on his mobile a few posts ago) to crimes scenes and so on, Rich Family/Friend (Justin St John who has staggering wealth) massive HQ with vehicles etc, the highest level of security clearance for chats with the Prime Minister, Queen etc.

Frostbot also gets tweaks but not as many. He's pretty much the same and paid for all legal and binding as a 'pet' of sorts. Expensive, mind.

Frostbite suffers a 3 point loss of his mental stats (intelligence, Will, Mind) when Frostbot leaves him to go on his adventures in computer systems etc. Basically he's smarter and mentally tougher with his computer program buddy.

See what you think. If you need any clarification on stuff let me know but as usual, I'll handle all the crunchy stuff.

I love it, or him, a couple of things with regards to skills could we up Charisma (since he is a leader type) and drop Military science (I mean it would be WW2 now wouldn't it? I am not sure what else we gain for that, other than colour) and can we up Martial arts by dropping thief? If not then we can leave it as is, I was just interested in seeing what we could tweak. But otherwise, he looks great. Thanks, mate and I am super pleased with Frostbot, its good to know what his stat's and powers are, as its always been sort of vague or grown along the way.
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 16 2020, 22:14

Admin wrote:'You have changed. You are... MORE.'[/color] said Frostbot.

OOC: I love that, that has often been a watchword you've used before. Very good.

Frostbite nodded, inwardly relieved "We need to find out what it is that they actually want, are they idealists trying to make a point or some terrorists, or is there something else at play, maybe a distraction whilst the real deal is happening under less scrutiny? Let me call in the police chief and get us all together on this. I also need to find out more about Sly Fox skills and powers, we at least have fought and know how one another works. But if you don't mind I need to stand aside, your heat...it well I don't mix so well with it so please bear that in mind."

Calling the Police liaison and chief over, Frostbite drew them into the huddle with the rest of the newly formed team, the map and the building off to one side. He was keen not to be in anyone's line of sight, so as to not attract an attack nor be spied on. Once they were together Frostbite put his questions to the team and sought to gain any further intelligence they might have.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 16 2020, 23:43

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 2 Frostbite-final-updated-2020

OOC Updated. Dropped Thief and Military Science, upped Charisma and Martial Artist. I recommend when you get a stash of Hero Points together to up one or both of them to 7 and you get an extra die. I tried jigging things about to squeeze them up a bit more but it would mean dropping another stat and robbing peter to pay paul so to speak...

Gathering the Police, the UKChampions and Melody into a huddle, the small group conferred about what they knew.

So far, no demands. The phone call had been cut off and attempts to contact the phone had failed.

The Mayor and the MP had both made public statements supporting negotiations with ADVENT, the Alien coalition governments of many countries across Europe and the world, citing their medical advances, incredible building and reconstruction techniques that restored cities smashed by the giant monster attacks a couple of years ago.

The MP had gone further saying that the ADVENT gene therapy clinics may be the answer for the cure to the failing human condition, that age old illnesses and diseases might be eradicated. Their education and mind management techniques made geniuses out of ordinary people and raised living standards amongst the citizens under their umbrella.

Further, crime was down and population satisfaction had never been higher. Life under Advent was good, and we should embrace it, she had said.

"Seems not everyone agrees" said Melodys musical sounding voice. Strangely enough when she was near it was as if the background noise of the city, of life, had been turned down.

The head Policeman ran a hand through thinning hair. "So we wait for demands, or do we go in?"

Sly Vixen spoke up. "I can get in there and out without them seeing me! It's my thing!" she said with a big grin on her face.

A dangerous thing, mind.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 17 2020, 16:24

Admin wrote:Sly Vixen spoke up. "I can get in there and out without them seeing me! It's my thing!" she said with a big grin on her face.

A dangerous thing, mind.

OOC: Righto how many HP would I need to do to raise them skills up to what I need. I've not been spending HP between sessions on the Characters 'cause I forgot you can if I'm honest. But curious minds now wish to know how much it would take

Frostbite noted that Atomica had already given him a reason to be suspicious of the Sly Vixen's temperament. But then again she was a 'Champion' and therefore had to be extended a little bit of credibility. That or was it the case that all the Champions were loose cannons? One wondered. Nodding toward her, Frostbite asked, " We do need intel, but given the delicate nature of what is going on, tell me what you can do that isn't going to turn the dial up to 10 on this already delicate situation!"

Already Frostbite was considering the strange sound nullifying powers of Melody and whether she might be made use of to help them get in as a team, since letting one go always ran the risk of a situation going south and the rest of the team being in too late to effectively stop things getting worse. He couldn't imagine Atomica being allowed to remain outside without her exploding in frustration, but if they could all go in, then it might be possible to keep a lid on this 'team' and give focus to unspent energies that might be looking for a quarry or 6 to be let loose on. Then again...when it came to this Advent group, paranoia and conspiracy seem to go on one with total capitulation to this strange 'alien' organisation. He bothered him deeply, not unlike Hitler's rise to power with his new nationalism. He won people over by feeding the German people lies and propaganda, but lies and propaganda that they wanted to hear. Frostbite worried that this might be more of the same, same story different lick of paint.

OOC: OK so let me know why Sly Vixen should be let off the leash, I am thinking we go in as a team though, perhaps with the Vix out in front. Coms might be compromised, but we might need to keep a line of sight if Melody can dampen sound, don't want it too much, so it draws attention but if she can keep us quiet - especially Atomica whom I imagine her idea of stealth is to march in with a military band declaring the wonder of her personage and reign...etc. Anyway, I am sounding (sorry no pun intended) the idea out and looking for a workable solution given the 'team' whilst I am at it I'd best get up to date on Melody, get an idea of her powers weaknesses etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 18 2020, 13:40

OOC Frosty has 216HP

To raise Charisma to 6 costs 60HP and to 7 (an extra die) costs another 60HP (120HP total)
Raising Martial Artist costs 70HP to 6 and to 7 (an extra die) costs another 70HP (140HP total)

Expensive and the way things are costed at the moment means there is no benefit until you get to the next step in dice. At some point (when I have a spare life) I will recost ALL skills. They will be more expensive depending on the benefits but Combat Skills (Acrobatics and Martial Artist) will be the most expensive as they are the most used.

There will also be the option to roll extra dice when using powers which represents the skill the character has amassed through practise and use.

Sly Vixen turned to Frostbite then glanced at Atomica for approval, who nodded. "I'm one of the lower powered UK Champions but I'm pretty much the sneakiest!" she smiles.

"I'm fast and my senses are sharp. I can tell when I might be detected and it gives me a chance to do something about it! I think I can get in there without problem. Where a problem might arise is if they can monitor transmissions. That means I'd have to get in, take a look about then get out to report if we didn't want them to know about what we knew about them. If that makes sense."

Melody looked about then raised a hand to speak. Frostbite gave leave. "I absorb sound and convert it into a more... solid form. Enough to smash stuff, blast, fly... I can change into pure sound. Attacks just... move through me. Nothing has ever hurt me before. I think I can get in there without any problem. I've been trying to say that but no one takes any notice and tells me to get lost."

"Ahem." said the old cop, finding somewhere else to look.

If Timmy were there he could send one of his tiny figures in but Wandafar had reported the Cyborg body to have sustained considerable damage. Timmy himself had requested to be grounded whilst he thought about what had happened but had also added that he would prefer a more human looking form, even if it was weaker. He wanted to atone, help, be a hero again. It would take time, however.

Frostbite also had another option. Frostbot. Might he get into the networked computer system of the building and observe what was happening across the cctv system?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 18 2020, 21:25

Admin wrote:[color=#0033cc]OOC Frosty has 216HP

To raise Charisma to 6 costs 60HP and to 7 (an extra die) costs another 60HP (120HP total)
Raising Martial Artist costs 70HP to 6 and to 7 (an extra die) costs another 70HP (140HP total)

Frostbite also had another option. Frostbot. Might he get into the networked computer system of the building and observe what was happening across the cctv system?

OOC: [i]Ok I am so tempted to raise Martial Arts to 7 for 140HP cost, but I also wonder if raising my Charisma first might be helpful in the role I often find myself in as a team leader. Decisions, decisions, any advice? I think I'll raise one of them that two-step up with the points.

Frostbite nodded to the two ladies adding, "Thank you, ladies, duly noted, no one is getting ignored today. But I might have another route that might just work even better."

Frostbite communicated within himself to Frostbot, 'You fancy taking a trip to find out what can be seen and heard from within the building?' Frostbite knew he didn't need to ask twice, and as directed allowed Frostbot to 'jump' to the communication network that allowed his clever AI companion access to the buildings feeds, computers, webcams, security services, and anything else that he could cleverly access.

OOC: OK so with Frostbot doing his thing, I think we need to consider our options for getting in. Frostbot should be able to switch disable or access security allowing us to get in without being noticed. So depending on which access point he suggests, I will tell the team to get ready. And have Sly Fox and Melody take point, Atomica had best go next and I'll follow - social distancing finally becomes a thing as I need to keep 2m from her or melt pale

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 19 2020, 00:07

OOC Frostbot needs to be touched to something networked in the building like a security camera on the outside of the building then he's 'in'. The range is touch for his interface and personality transfer (into robots or androids) power.

With regards Martial Arts and Charisma it's a tricky one. Martial Artist is a great HtH skill (as is Acrobatics which adds to defence. That costs 70HP per point to raise from 2 to 3 then from 3 to 4 when he gets another dice to add to defence). Charisma is a great skill to use out of combat to persuade, intimidate or interrogate. in an ideal world he could boost all three.

I think I would concentrate on Acrobatics (defence) because it might mean not getting hit. That said his defences are excellent and his main attacks are Energy Blast and Ice Production (which use a skill called Accuracy which you can buy put it costs...)

Sorry I suppose that hasn't helped much! You could do with about 1000HP to blow on stuff!

Frostbite glanced about. Who knew who was watching from the multitude of windows on the city hall building?

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 2 Methode-times-prod-web-bin-fced7bf2-fc75-11e7-a64e-221285d37bf1

(OOC it's daytime)

"What's the plan?" asked Sly Vixen.

Atomica, Melody DCI McSporran and Sly Vixen looked on waiting for the next move...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 19 2020, 12:52

Admin wrote:[color=#0033cc]OOC Frostbot needs to be touched to something networked in the building like a security camera on the outside of the building then he's 'in'. The range is touch for his interface and personality transfer (into robots or androids) power.

With regards Martial Arts and Charisma it's a tricky one. Martial Artist is a great HtH skill (as is Acrobatics which adds to defence. That costs 70HP per point to raise from 2 to 3 then from 3 to 4 when he gets another dice to add to defence). Charisma is a great skill to use out of combat to persuade, intimidate or interrogate. in an ideal world he could boost all three.

I think I would concentrate on Acrobatics (defence) because it might mean not getting hit. That said his defences are excellent and his main attacks are Energy Blast and Ice Production (which use a skill called Accuracy which you can buy put it costs...)

"What's the plan?" asked Sly Vixen.

Atomica, Melody DCI McSporran and Sly Vixen looked on waiting for the next move...

OOC: Decisions decisions, wow that does get complicated fast when you point out all the options available.  I think let's take the hit on Charisma, I think it adds to the characters overall development to get the two extra die, that represents the growing place he has gained as a leader.

Frostbite consulted that map and the information that was available from the ground and consulted with Frostbot, 'Where do you think is the best insertion point? Ideally, without giving the game away, we'd want to get near a junction box or some sort of phone line don't you think?'  

OOC:So I am looking for a junction box or phone line that I can trace back to the building so I need not get to close and give away our presence to those who might be watching from within.   I could be wrong but I am calling it - I'm calling that the Mayor and MP are Advent shape changers and they've taken the 'terrorist' hostage.  Just saying it now in case it turns out to be true BTW ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 22 2020, 05:55

McSporran shrugged. "We've heard nothing of their demands yet. I don't see what a phone box will do but the lines going into the building go through the sewers. Everyone uses mobiles these days anyway."

"Sewers? Eeeewwww!" said Sly Vixen. "I suppose I could get down there but it would be tight."

Atomica looked impatient and Frostbite could see she was biting her tongue. Melody looked about. "It's not the all action finally making a splash on the front pages debut I thought it would be!" she said with that strange musical quality to her voice.

McSporran growled "This ain't a game lassie. The people in there mean business. If I thought it was just a police a matter you lot would be shoo'd away an let us get on wi our job. That man with the A1 clearance is in charge at least until someone else turns up who trumps him. You want to get to the junction boss Laddie? Follow me."

"Johnson! Get over here. Take this blue fella round tae the side an show him where the sewers are tae get ta the utilities." he said of an officer who nodded. "Follow me sir." said the cop.

A minute or two later they were at the side of the building stood over a small manhole cover. "Looks a bit of a squeeze an I'm sure the muck will cling tae that nice clean... uhhh... blue skin of yours. Ee'en though the sun is shinin' ah still get the shivers when ah look at ye."

Frostbite smiled then phased. His powers seemed more... reliable... now. They were volatile, unpredictable before. Now? Something had changed. He felt more self assured. Perhaps moving out of Lionhearts shadow had done the trick? Whether he liked it or not he was a major player now in the United Kingdom, probably in Europe.

Dropping through the manhole cover itself he heard the copper mutter an obscenity and soon passed on, his blue chestplate casting an eerie glow in the darkness. Down, down into the sewer mains proper he was glad he didn't have a heightened sense of smell.

'The fibre optic cables you need to place a hand on are over there.' said Frostbot. Muck encrusted cables were where the sentient program indicated. Putting a hand on them he willed himself partially tangible and a spark leapt from his hand, plunging the tunnel into darkness as the chestplate went dark. Instantly his eyes adjusted to see variations in heat and he could see again.

Suddenly he turned to the cable and held out a hand. He didn't know how he knew but Frostbot was back. A spark leapt to his finger and the chestplate glowed again. 'There are a dozen terrorists holding thirty hostages. Two of the terrorists are on the ground level. A most curious thing. The Mayor and the Member of Parliament were held separately in the main office with several guards. They were tied like the others but there were two of the terrorists studying them very closely. Then the terrorists shifted form and resembled the two on the floor. They were constantly changing, shifting, getting the impersonation perfect.'

OOC Remember Frostbite hasn't had much (if anything I think!) to do with ADVENT so won't know if this is them as yet, even if you do! Well guessed. Dammit Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 22 2020, 21:40

Admin wrote:Suddenly he turned to the cable and held out a hand. He didn't know how he knew but Frostbot was back. A spark leapt to his finger and the chestplate glowed again. 'There are a dozen terrorists holding thirty hostages. Two of the terrorists are on the ground level. A most curious thing. The Mayor and the Member of Parliament were held separately in the main office with several guards. They were tied like the others but there were two of the terrorists studying them very closely. Then the terrorists shifted form and resembled the two on the floor. They were constantly changing, shifting, getting the impersonation perfect.'

OOC Remember Frostbite hasn't had much (if anything I think!) to do with ADVENT so won't know if this is them as yet, even if you do! Well guessed. Dammit Laughing

Frostbite emerged a deep furrow in his brow, before quickly regrouping with the others. "Shape shifters..." he said then filled in the others as to what he had seen. "It looks like our terrorists are looking for a way to impersonate officials high up. Which could be very disturbing for our government."

Then turning to Sly Fox he asked, "You don't have some form of heightened senses, do you? We could do with a way to root the rotten from the real, here."

OOC: Irrespective of what they say,

Frostbite then highlighted the plan he had begun to sketch out since the terrorists are all on the ground floor, the main thing was to get to the mayor and MP whilst protecting the others from being harmed in any way.

"This was not going to be easy, but the fact that the terrorists might be shape changers means they are hoping to slip out as the decoys, so the won't kill them, but they might dress them up in terrorist uniforms. We also need to be careful of any explosions or booby traps. So here is the deal, we go in from the floor above, circle down, whilst you guys go for the main body of a terrorist, incapacity doesn't kill, I'll go for the Mayor and the MP, Sly Fox you can join me, Melody, I'll need you to be ready to absorb sound because when we hit them it will get noisy. And my Lady Atomica, I'd like to keep the fireworks to a minimum, we don't want to raise the building to ash."

Assuming they were all ready, Frostbite led them to the side of the building where the telecoms had been and then floated up, taking any who couldn't get above, to the first floor to find a window to go through, unlock and let everyone in.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 23 2020, 10:24

Atomica pulled a face but nodded. "As you wish. I shall rely on my natural strength which is sufficient to crush a battle tank."

Sly Vixen glanced at Frostbite and rolled her eyes. Then she added "My sense of smell is pretty good. I'm not keen on sewers and the like but if I get a sniff of the real VIPs I would have thought it would be tricky to fool me. I'd rather leave the fighting to you tough guys though!"

She was honest and humble, but Sly Vixen seemed willing to throw herself into danger to help others.

Melody nodded. "I'm still new to this but I'll follow whatever orders you issue Frostbite. I'm happy to learn."

McSporran frowned then shrugged "This is your show Frostbite. I'll try to raise them, get some idea of what they want and give you a distraction. Good luck. Don't get anyone killed if you can help it!"

Scooping an arm around Sly Vixens waist he lifted the slightly built heroine as if she were weightless. He needed to measure his abilities. For some reason there had been a change and now he was... more.

"Gimme a sec." said Sly Vixen as she hopped lightly from Frostbites arms seven feet across a gap to land lightly on the window sill and placed a hand gently on the window pane. It was locked on the inside. How on earth would she be able to ...

The window slipped up silently.

She glanced at Frostbite who was about to ask how she did that when she gave an infectious grin "Ah ah! A magician never reveals her tricks!"

The group floated in. Atomica had to 'flame down' revealing her as a tall beautiful woman resembling many a supermodel with long athletic limbs. She looked uncomfortable without a fiery sheath around her.

Melody moved to the doorway and opened it, no sound issuing from the click or doubtless squeaking hinge. With a glance into the corridor she turned. "There are two guards, one at each end of the corridor. They are armoured, like body armour but I think its hydraulic. They may not be human. Who are these guys?"

Sly Vixen suddenly started. "Someone is coming this way. A patrol!" she hissed.

This was an office with various desks about and computers at each desk.

"I refuse to hide!" said Atomica, bristling!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 23 2020, 16:26

Admin wrote:Sly Vixen suddenly started. "Someone is coming this way. A patrol!" she hissed. This was an office with various desks about and computers at each desk.

"I refuse to hide!" said Atomica, bristling!

Noting the fact that Sly Fox seemed to indeed have some form of heightened senses, Frostbite indicated that the group were to flatten either side of the door. He added,

"Wait for my distraction, hopefully, it will draw the guards away in which case you should be free to move, I will join you before we go down together."

And with that Frostbite left the others as he floated up through the roof, looking for a way to distract the guard patrol from below without alerting everyone to their presence or putting the rest on heightened alert. This wasn't going to be easy.

OOC: Ok so with Frostbot I am wondering if I could trigger something like a glitch in the electrical system or something that might make them think someone has been accounted for and is therefore not rounded up. My other thought is to let myself be captured. With some clothes, I might be able to find and act like I was hiding and they missed me the first time. If the first option (a glitch doesn't seem the way to go, then I might as an alternative go for the second, my problem would be then when to indicate to the others to come and get me...assuming I don't get scanned and found out as a Meta-Human, to begin with?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 23 2020, 18:28

OOC in terms of distraction he could make a noise in a room to get them looking there or even something as simple as freezing a radiator so that a pipe bursts somewhere and there's water running through the ceiling. If he doesn't want to be so destructive then Frostbite can change costume instantly into Joe Rigdons day clothes to pose as one of the staff having been in the toilet or whatever. There will be an alarm system of sorts in this place but not so many cctv cameras as I expect council officials sometimes don't want to be 'wired for sound' for all their dealings.

So, Frostbite is going up or down through the floor? He needs to pump Dispersal up to 11 (3 points of Power reserve leaving 7 left to play with) to move through the walls without issue in this place. Just trying to make sure I know quite what it is you are trying - to distract or be captured or go undercover somehow... just so I don't get the wrong end of the stick! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 23 2020, 19:15

Admin wrote:OOC in terms of distraction he could make a noise in a room to get them looking there or even something as simple as freezing a radiator so that a pipe bursts somewhere and there's water running through the ceiling. If he doesn't want to be so destructive then Frostbite can change costume instantly into Joe Rigdons day clothes to pose as one of the staff having been in the toilet or whatever. There will be an alarm system of sorts in this place but not so many cctv cameras as I expect council officials sometimes don't want to be 'wired for sound' for all their dealings.

So, Frostbite is going up or down through the floor? He needs to pump Dispersal up to 11 (3 points of Power reserve leaving 7 left to play with) to move through the walls without issue in this place. Just trying to make sure I know quite what it is you are trying - to distract or be captured or go undercover somehow... just so I don't get the wrong end of the stick! Very Happy

OOC: I think we'll go with a burst radiator, and go dispersal (adding points as necessary) and do so on the floor above. I'll go for the second option only if the first doesn't work...as I don't wish to leave "team daycare" on their own - not with Automica assuming lead affraid

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 24 2020, 01:51

With just a touch the water in the radiators froze and swelled! It split, spraying water all over the floor!

With a thought the hero changed to a dispersed form and moved without effort to the floor above and glanced about. Another hand placed and another burst radiator!

There were shouts from somewhere on the floor in a language Frostbite was not familiar with. Indeed, it seemed to be some kind of code?

He popped his head through the wall into the corridor and pulled it back as a paramilitary type in armour sprinted past, then paused and turned...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 2 XCOM2-ADVENTTrooper

He opened the door to the office that Frostbite was in but the hero had dropped to the floor below and made his way back to the others.

Atomica was marching up and down and hissed. "Finally! What is happening? Do we make our move?"

Melody spoke up "I think we need to get to the hostages and protect them somehow."

Sly Vixen said "I know you're in charge but let me out there where I can be some use!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 24 2020, 13:30

Admin wrote:Melody spoke up "I think we need to get to the hostages and protect them somehow."

Sly Vixen said, "I know you're in charge but let me out there where I can be some use!"

Frostbite nodded, in agreement "Fox you take point Melody with me, let's get to the hostages and see if we can keep the others safe as well."

OOC: Ok moving down to the floor below and hoping that we don't get spotted till we are ready to make a move.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 25 2020, 00:32

Sly Vixen seemed to have a sixth sense for being spotted. She led the group down the hall, they waited, waited...

Atomica grew disgruntled and hissed "A Princess does NOT skulk!" before three armed and armoured men walked past and she ducked in to 'skulk'.

Ten minutes later they were downstairs. Sly Vixen took a sniff. "There are groups of hostages on every floor. Those guys in the armour smell different. Like they came out of a lab or something. Disinfectant or... formaldehyde." she pulled a face. "There are two watching the ground floor windows on each side of the building, one watching the hostages so to get them out we'll have to take three guards out - quietly. If we don't do it quiet..." she glanced at Atomica who haughtily sniffed "We'll have the whole place on high alert and who knows what will happen to the hostages then?"a

She turned to Frostbite. "Chances are when we try to free the hostages at least one shot will be fired."

"I'll take care of the sound. Don't worry about that." said Melody.

Atomica bristled "Earth weapons are like sticks and stones to me! I shall interpose myself and block any bullets."

Frostbot spoke up inside Frostbites' head 'Those weapons match no known military configuration in my database. They are either experimental or not of Earthly origin.' which probably did indeed mean ADVENT.

OOC Sly Vixen has amazing stealth and can get you to the hostage room OR another group to the two guards who need taking out - quietly - to free the hostages on this level (ground floor).

There are hostages on the two levels above as well as unknown numbers of guards.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 25 2020, 20:41

Admin wrote:OOC Sly Vixen has amazing stealth and can get you to the hostage room OR another group to the two guards who need taking out - quietly - to free the hostages on this level (ground floor).

There are hostages on the two levels above as well as unknown numbers of guards.

Frostbite told the team and subtly emphasised to Atomica that their guns were not standard earth style and therefore, given that they must expect Meta-Human resistance, they might come packing. Therefore it would be good to make sure none of us needs to find out what they do even to the likes of us if we can help it. If Sly Fox took point, and the others came with her, Frostbite would once again disperse through the floor and come up behind the furthest guard allowing the others to capture the nearest. But stealth and above all the hostages must come first.

OOC: Ok so we go for the group of hostages, if I go beneath the ground floor, so as to emerge behind the guard furthest from us, and Sly Vixen can get to him and the others together take him down, hopefully, we can make sure the two are taken down swiftly. I will aim to freeze the guy to the spot blasting him with my energy blast unless that isn't strictly quiet enough in which case its probably density increase and martial arts.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 26 2020, 01:07

Sly Vixen nodded. "One guard watching hostages and the other two on this side of the building within earshot. Those watching the back of the building on the other side should be out of range... IF we stay quiet." she said referring to Atomica.

"Have a care, young one! You will address me with respect or..." started the Princess.

"We don't have time for this!" said Melody. "There are people in there who may die!"

Atomica swallowed her pride, nodded then turned to Frostbite. "Take the guard out in the room. We... three... will take out the other two guards."

A pause then...

"Quietly."

Frostbite nodded, dispersed then moved under the floor, his blue chestplate lighting the way through a morass of pipes and wires feeding the place. He poked his head up, found himself in the corner of the large open plan meeting room and saw that an armoured man clomped about keeping a keen eye on the hostages who were kneeling with hands behind their head.

Frostbite rose drawing an amazed gaze from one of the hostages, a middle aged woman who gaped. The guard turned... and Frostbite blasted!

OOC Surprise attack!

Power Reserve 10 to Ice Production (15) + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:19 (34) vs
OV9 + Surprise -4 + (unable to use Acrobatics, surprised) + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total:15 (20)

+5 EV (to 20) vs Str 8=12 RAPs.

Frostbite fires a torrent of Ice which encapsulates the armoured man and reaches up to his chin! He cannot move a muscle aside from a few in his face and he turns his eyes to look at Frostbite...

The Hostages immediately start, standing, looking around, starting to panic!

OOC By using your power like that you have not actually hurt this guy, rather you have entrapped him in a huge block of ice (I think that was your intent?). His Dex and Initiative are reduced to zero for hours until it thaws. The guy might be able to break free but it is unlikely...

Str 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:13 (21) vs
OV12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 (17) Success + 3EV (to 11)

11Str vs RV12=FAILED... but it was close! Maybe he CAN break free given time...

The Hostages are about to panic and spill out into the corridor. If the guards have not been taken care of it could get messy, and besides that the alarm may well be raised!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 26 2020, 12:53

Admin wrote:The Hostages are about to panic and spill out into the corridor. If the guards have not been taken care of it could get messy, and besides that, the alarm may well be raised![/i][/color]

Frostbite quickly powered down, dispersing his ice casing so that his face could be seen. He spoke urgently and in a whisper, but so that no one could miss his voice or see his face or the way he spoke not just what he started to speak to them. "We are the calvary, we're here to rescue you, but there are many hostages - your friends maybe something more and more guards - you know what is at risk. So we are going to need you to be brave, take courage and keep quiet so we can do what we came to do. These are, I believe, agents of Advent, and this is their game to try and undermine democracy and the sovereign rule of law here. And I know that the Scottish people, you would have something to tell them about that. But let us do our job, and you can go back to doing yours."

Frostbite looked to make sure he had them with him, right now being courageous meant staying put so none of the other groups knew what was going on! There were still other important hostages on other floors and perhaps more than one difficulty to face. And keeping the element of surprise was going to be the most difficult thing going forward.

OOC: OK, I'll get Frostbot to jump to any Advent tec, to see if we can get on their frequency of coms, perhaps to jam, or circumvent signals if possible. And then move on to rescue the next group, after securing this group first - trying to get them to bar the door, and keep things from getting out of hand. If Frostbot is successful in getting into the guard's armour, I'll have him depower it or switch it off, so that it can't be used to get him out, or contact anyone else.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 26 2020, 15:03

The people seemed to calm down. One man spoke up "Ma kid is mad bonkers fer the UKChampions. Has all th' action figures but ah don't recognise ye."

The others looked doubtful but seeing as he'd just put the Advent armoured guy 'on ice' so to speak that bought him some leeway.

He turned to touch a finger to the mans helmet.

A spark passed between the fingertip and helmet... then jumped back immediately!

'I was immediately locked out of the circuitry of the suit because there is a self detonating process about to take place - within seconds! A suicide bomb' declared Frostbot!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 26 2020, 21:00

Admin wrote:A spark passed between the fingertip and helmet... then jumped back immediately!

'I was immediately locked out of the circuitry of the suit because there is a self detonating process about to take place - within seconds! A suicide bomb' declared Frostbot!

Frostbite didn't need to be told twice, he told the others "keep them safe..." Grabbing the soldier he poured on his dispersal to sink the warrior as fast as he could through the floor and into the subset of the building, going as fast and as far as he could and as far as he dares before leaving him and moving back to the others.

OOC: Desperate measures, didn't think of countermeasures, ugh, this is going to scupper any plans we had for getting the hostages out safely, blow! I'm hoping I can sink this guy where he will detonate with the minimum of harm to life, but I guess that gives up the game we might as well turn Atomica loose and get the others free. I was really hoping that I could have kept the element of surprise for a bit longer.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 27 2020, 12:02

Sinking through the floor and with the Terrorist still encapsulated in the block of ice Frostbite knew the game was up.

He went down, down... until he was in the sewers below the building!

With a deep breath he moved down into darkness of solid rock, soil and who knew what else from the times past.

The bomb goes off whilst the terrorist is dispersed!

OOC Frostbite can't dodge it if he's holding on so it's a direct attack on his body stat...

Bomb 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:15 (23) vs
Body 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:16 (27) NO DAMAGE

Luckily the bomb wasn't powerful enough to harm the hero even though his fingers might tingle for a few minutes! In addition because the bomb/effect was dispersed it was effectively 'out of phase' with the solid universe and made no sound as well as causing no damage!

OOC That actually made me do a double take. I thought the most likely option was flying up through the ceiling rather than down, but once I thought about it it turned out to be the best option - assuming Frostbite wasn't hurt.

However, the suit and the occupant were both vaporised, and it seemed very likely that the device was set to go off in that way to remove any evidence of ADVENT technology...

Frostbite started flying back up again and appeared in the sewers before long. He swooped through the floors and headed to where the others were having to take on the two guards on this side of the building.

Both Melody and Atomica appeared to have blasted their targets who were down (OOC Rolls were Melody CRIT BLOW Sonic Beam 20 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,8,+0 Total:20 (40) vs OV9 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:11 (24) +6 (to 26) vs RV9 -6 (CB)=23 Damage. ADVENT TROOPER DOWN. Atomica CRIT BLOW Energy Blast 24 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:13 (37) vs OV9 + CB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0:
5,12,+0 Total:17 (30) +4 (28) vs RV9 (-6 CB=3)=25 Damage.)
and being checked by the heroines whilst Sly Vixen kept watch.

Sly Vixen turned and spoke... but not a murmur came from her mouth and Frostbite realised Melody had chosen to absorb the sound from the area rather than use the power for her personal defence! They wouldn't know about the self destruct and he couldn't warn them!

OOC And he is about 50 feet away! You have 1 round before 'Kaboom'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next