The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

3 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jul 19 2020, 15:34

Admin wrote:[color=#0033cc]OOC Switching Power Reserve 10 to Energy Blast 12 (Energy Blast now 22)

He heard shouts behind him and knew in the open water he would be picked off! Swimming down into the partially ruined city beside the Arena he didn't have time to reflect on what an ancient magnificent place this must once have been...

==========

Frostbite watched as the Atlanteans in the throne room including the Queen and the Seneschal cried out and held their ears!

[i]OOC Frosty will benefit because they will not be able to team up against him when they attack

Frostbite couldn't face the Seneschal before taking out the guards, he didn't want them to all team upon him. So instead focused his attack on the guards.

OOC: OK Critical shot use HP to buy 2 dice but not to absorb - I'll have to forego that, as I need to stay on the offensive and once again with feeling on the energy blast - please.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Admin Mon Jul 20 2020, 14:43

FROSTBITE HP 22 BODY 7/11

OOC bought two HP dice for 13HP

Frostbite levelled his arms and blasted at the two Atlanteans!

OOC CRIT BLOW Energy Blast 22 + 2D From HP + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,10,11,6,+0 Total:21 (43) Acting Value Total (AVT) vs
Atlantean OV11 + Multi Attack 2 + Crit Blow 4 + Range 0 + 1D Acrobatics + Roll(3d12)+0: 9,12,2,+0 Total:21 (38) Opposing Value Total (OVT)

We look on the table... AVT 43 - OVT 38 = 5 difference...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 Snippet-attack-table

+3 Effect Value (added to Energy Blast 22 so EV25) vs Atlantean RV 16 + multi attack 2 - 6 (crit Blow) so RV12=13RAPs damage.

Atlantean warriors have 10 Body and no HP to absorb the hit so BOTH are DOWN and OUT!

With a powerful blast more accurate than his all out attack a few seconds ago Frostbite blasts through the water at near point blank range and catches both foes in the chest sending them spiral away through the water!

The Seneschal looks up and realises he's now one on one without his guards against the surface dweller! "No!" he snarls. He grabs up the Atlantean Queen by the neck and hisses "Surrender, human! Surrender or I snap the Queens' neck!"

Behind the Seneschal GR'Axxus the Atlantean General and most powerful warrior rises in the water and 'hovers' above the balcony where the Politician holds the Queen hostage!

"What are you doing?" roars GR'Axxus. "Release her fool! If you harm her, my claim to the throne of Balacris will be nought! You can't hurt her!"

"He didn't know that, FOOL!" snarled the Seneschal. GR'Axxus' eyes widened in rage and he drifted down to stand on the balcony and tower over the Seneschal and his hostage.

"I will deal with you after I have dealt with the human!" snarled the General. "Come, human. You tricked me before. My patience has limits. You will surrender... or I will have the Seneschal kill the Queen, my claim to the throne be damned!"

OOC I mapped out the crunchy bits as I'm posting them to another forum to explain the game mechanics we use...

Frosty has another dilemma... the bad guys aren't playing fair - again!

Initiative ...

Roll(2d12)+0:
4 Frosty (32) ,2 Graxxus (28)

Seneschal is holding the Queen hostage...

Frostbite wins initiative...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jul 20 2020, 16:35

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE HP 22 BODY 7/11

Frosty has another dilemma... the bad guys aren't playing fair - again!

Initiative ...

Roll(2d12)+0:
4 Frosty (32) ,2 Graxxus (28)

Seneschal is holding the Queen hostage...

Frostbite wins initiative...[/i]

OOC: Your not kidding, I'm going to have to think about what I do, so consider this a place holder till I've got some idea.  

Frostbite held up his hands in surrender, "So what you want me to throw this fight as well now? If I win you kill the queen, so I lose or else? Some leader you are going to be if you can't even face a battle without weighing the odds in your favour. Not sure how you'll do on the surface let alone against Advent."

Frostbite had to fight GR'Axxus on terms that meant if he won, and he knew that "if" was looking more unlikely than before. He had already taken a pounding and even if GR'Axxus could be made to fight fairly and by some miracle, he won, what would the Sensachal do to the queen? But he had to play the hand he had, and then work it somehow from there.

OOC: Ok so trying to see if I can even the playing field and get GR'Axxus to fight me without the Queen being endangered. If not, to be honest, this is where, as a bad guy he should just kill me, and have done with it. But we'll see if he's typical with an ego bigger than the room we're in. If I can fight him all good and well if not well I guess we'll have to see what we see. He might recycle me What a Face!!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21 2020, 14:37

GR'Axxus grinned "Weak. Powerful in so many ways and yet your human conscience holds you back. Our people have remained passive even while we suffered and lost so many. Now there are so few of us that we have no choice. We fight, or we die."

"So I am going to enjoy this." snarled the Brute as he stomped through the water towards Frostbite...

"STOP!" shouted a female voice through the water. Vaguely musical sounding.

"I heard what you were saying and how you are holding the Queen hostage! I told your men... and they didn't believe me until I surrendered on the proviso that they take me to you... which they have..." said Melody, floating in the water.

She was surrounded by a dozen or more Atlantean guards but they were focused on the Seneschal holding the Queen down by her throat!

"Why is the Queen held thus?" barked one Atlantean. "General GR'Axxus, explain!"

"Explain? EXPLAIN?" snarled the brute general. "I do not have to explain myself! You men! Take that Corporal into custody and hold him in irons until I deal with his insolence later!"

The Atlantean soldiers looked at each other and one said "FR'Enaxx is right General. We are loyal Atlanteans. We have followed your orders in the hope of attaining glory. We submitted to the ADVENT procedure to amplify our strength a thousand fold and it is good... but we lost so many friends, colleagues and relatives to the same process. Where are they? What happened to them? Why did the process work on us but not them? Will they recover?"

GR'Axxus snarled "The process was not without risks! Their sacrifice so that we could stride on the surface world with massively increased strength was necessary! They were patriots!"

"They were sacrificed so that we could gain powers?" spluttered the Corporal. By now citizens were gathering around the balcony and looking in on the throne room. Everyone could hear what was being said.

"That is... monstrous!" spluttered another Guard. "And now you hold the Queen as if she were some prisoner?"

"Only I, GR'Axxus have the mind and spirit required to restore Balacris and all of the Atlantean empire in this world! Follow me... or be crushed and swept aside!" snarled the General.

Seneschal glanced at the fifty or so people now floating in the water near the balcony.

He stood, releasing the Queen. "It was all his idea!" he said, pointing at the General. He glanced about, then helped the Queen to her feet. "He forced me to it!"

GR'Axxus snarled and the guards pointed their tridents at him! It was all about to kick off!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jul 21 2020, 17:57

Admin wrote:GR'Axxus snarled and the guards pointed their tridents at him! It was all about to kick off!

Frostbite held up his hands so as to show he meant no harm, "May I speak?"

OOC: Assuming I get the nod!

"General GR'Axxus I can see that you meant to do right by your people, and in your hour of greatest need the offer Advent made was too good to ignore. But General look what you stand to lose if you carry on. You have clearly risen to a position of prominence and power by using your considerable dedication and passion for your people, but I fear it's now being used against you. You've sacrificed so much, you all have. But the one thing you've not tried is to talk to the surface world. To gain a seat at the table of Governments as a duly recognised kingdom with sovereignty and rights. I can't pretend it will be easy, but what is easy if it's worth doing properly? General as one soldier to another, I ask you to reconsider, you risk turning the very people you seek to serve and save against you, let alone your Queen. I'd ask you to reconsider your actions and not be a pawn of a worse enemy in Advent."

Frostbite knew that the General was pretty far gone along this path, pulling him back was a now or never opportunity. He must see that the ground was shifting popular opinion and the strength of those around was waning, but a man backed into a corner can do desperate things. Frostbite stood ready, to defend himself if need be.

OOC: OK Trying to talk this around from a fight - but I did wonder if the Advent process might have altered a delicate ego and pushed it, in GR'Axxus case, right over the edge.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 21 2020, 21:02

OOC this is a Persuasion attempt and as it happens Frostbite is a charismatic, likeable sort of guy with Charisma 7. Will it be enough though?

Infl 9 + 4D Charisma + Roll(6d12)+0: 10,3,6,10,2,12,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:28 (37) AVT vs
Inl 8 + Hostile 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (26) +5 (to 12 EV) vs Rv9 + 6 (15)= Fail.

"No!" screamed GR'Axxus "I will not yield, I will not fold! The surface world MUST be made to pay for its vile incursion and we will perish if we do not act... NOW!"

He snarled, turning to the Seneschal. "If you touch the Queen again I will kill you!" he hissed, and the politician cringed back "I was just... I..." he spluttered.

Turning to Frostbite he snarled "There will be another time human."

Whipping round he started to march for the balcony and suddenly a commotion broke out with people moving aside.

Swimming up in what could barely be called a rag around his nether regions Battlebug gurgled "Hey, what did I miss? Want me to whack that guy for you Boss?"

GR'Axxus paused, fists flexing. "I'm leaving. The Fate of Balacris, doomed as it is, is up to you. Stop me at your peril!"

Battlebug rolled his neck and popped his knuckles "Let's go big guy!" then he glanced about. "What? Why is everyone stood about? melody? Frostbite?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 22 2020, 08:29

Admin wrote:Battlebug rolled his neck and popped his knuckles "Let's go big guy!" then he glanced about. "What? Why is everyone stood about? melody? Frostbite?"

Turning to the Queen Frostbite asked, "Dear lady this is your realm, what this man has done amounts to treason say the word and we with your forces would be pleased to stop him?"

OOC: A thorn in the side and a treasonous bitter one at that, is not something to be let go of whilst he is defeated here. If she says yes I'm happy for the Atlanteans and us to take him on as needs be.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 22 2020, 20:28

The Queen sighs and bows her head. "Were I a strong willed leader I would order his execution, and the Seneschal for threatening me. Instead I am torn. I am a Queen with a nation of a few hundred. In truth I am broken since the death of my husband who was kind, thoughtful and wise."

"Say the word..." snarled Battlebug.

GR'Axxus turned. "You are impudent boy, and I would challenge you in Arena combat... but the water here is soiled and I would opt for exile in recognition of my previous service. Your husband was weak but I alternately despised and admired him. So many times we should have struck out in retaliation at the injustice inflicted on us. Instead he forced us to stay our hand and bided our time. What I took for weakness was actually strength of will."

"Pahh! He was a fool! I was glad to have poisoned him!" snarled the Seneschal...

The room went silent.

"Take him!" screamed the Queen at her guards who flashed into action to grab and restrain the Seneschal.

The room exploded into action and Frostbite stood aside with Melody and Battlebug.

In the confusion GR'Axxus snarled at the Seneschal but stood back then quietly left by the balcony.

The Queen moved over. "I thank you." she said, beautiful green eyes welling up even underwater. "You have uncovered a plot and solved the mystery of how my husband was killed. I was grief stricken and told lies constantly by the Seneschal that the surface world and their pollution had killed my husband. In truth I tried my best to contain my rage while GR'Axxus fuelled it and courted my favour to win my hand and stabilise the kingdom. Our enemies are not just the surface world and their vile ways, but other Atlantean kingdoms eyeing up our kelp and fishing fields. "

She too saw GR'Axxus leave. "I think he has been duped too. His honour is flawed because of his overwhelming desire to win at any cost but he is a patriot, albeit one that longs for war. If he returns I shall offer him a role in my army but no longer as General." She glanced at Melody and Battlebug, who was awestruck by her beauty. "I have little to offer you but my thanks. However, if you wish, a warrior of mine shall be assigned to accompany you. They are powerful in their own way and I would have them learn of the ways of the surface world."

The commotion finished and the Seneschal was taken away in chains with all kneeling before the Queen. The noisy sergeant begged "My Queen! We are wretches! How can we make amends? Can you forgive us for believing the Seneschals' lies?"

The Queen frowned and considered. "I can. From now on you must act with honour and follow only my orders. It is time for me to be a Queen."

=========

Dressed in a suit of clinging material that seemed to have scales that shimmered, Battlebug grinned. "Phew! I thought the comics code authority would come calling if I kept prancing about in a tiny rag. Well, not THAT small obviously." said the youngster.

Melody turned to Frostbute. "I spoke to one of their scientists. Eating the glowing blue kelp again will reverse the effect of breathing so we need then to breathe air again instead of water. We can leave when ready... Boss."

"You joining up then?" asked BBug.

"I shall, if you'll have me." said Melody.

OOC you still have the offer of an Atlantean warrior to join your team...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 23 2020, 12:51

Admin wrote:Melody turned to Frostbute. "I spoke to one of their scientists. Eating the glowing blue kelp again will reverse the effect of breathing so we need then to breathe air again instead of water. We can leave when ready... Boss."

"You joining up then?" asked BBug.

"I shall, if you'll have me." said Melody.

OOC you still have the offer of an Atlantean warrior to join your team...

Frostbite smiled and warmly said, "I may have the experience, but I am not what I am without my friends and a good team around me. You've both proven that I'm honoured to serve with you, and Melody you've been extraordinary...err if you'll excuse the pun, under this pressure. Now since the Queen has offered us the services of one of her own I need to sort that out. It would be beneficial for all to have someone topside who can speak for Balacris."

With that Frostbite went to thank the Queen and accept her offer of an Atlantean aid and explain how he hoped to get representation before his own government might go a long way to begin to restore order under the sea as well as over it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 23 2020, 18:45

The Queen, restored to her throne once more, sat regal on the chair in the water of the sunken city of Balacris as Guards parted to let Frostbite enter.

"You are taking your leave?" asked the Queen after Frostbite bowed his head in respect. "I have much to accomplish here, not least replacing RO'Darn as Seneschal. His treachery has wounded us all. Now it is time to heal. My people will not make war on the surface world but there must be a change. No more can they dump their vile toxins into our area of the ocean... I would prefer that they leave the oceans free of the foulness but from what I understand your world is as divided and fractious as our own under the sea. In that case the best we can do is set some of our diminished peoples to gathering the ... plastics... and toxins in metal drums and depositing them for the surface dwellers to deal with."

"They will see us as the aggressors in that case. You have performed a great service for us and I cannot ask more of you... but I must. Will you take my representative to your leaders to state our case? She will speak for me. Step forward JE'Nadenn."

An Atlantean woman came forward.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 Namora

"She has been training as a warrior to take a place in my personal guard but now she will stand at your side and serve with you. She will act as a ... go between... for our two peoples, passing messages on. JE'Nadenn has been... enhanced... by the ADVENT treatments."

There were a few gasps and one councillor stepped forward "My Queen! You were opposed to the changes! You said that without testing there was no safe way to guarantee the changes would not be detrimental."

"Indeed I did Councillor JA'Roh, but I suspected a plot from the first and so sent JE'Nadenn and others for the treatment. Only she returned." replied the Queen. "The gift from ADVENT was a double edged blade. What we gained from empowered Atlanteans with vastly increased strength and reflexes we lost from the failure of the process on hundreds of our people. People now lost to us forever. RO'Darns ambition and GR'Axxus' gulibility have made Balacris vulnerable not only to the surface world but to other Atalantean cities. We may have more powerful warriors but they are hugely outnumbered. There are dark, troubling and challenging days ahead."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 23 2020, 19:03

Admin wrote:"Indeed I did Councillor JA'Roh, but I suspected a plot from the first and so sent JE'Nadenn and others for the treatment. Only she returned." replied the Queen. "The gift from ADVENT was a double edged blade. What we gained from empowered Atlanteans with vastly increased strength and reflexes we lost from the failure of the process on hundreds of our people. People now lost to us forever. RO'Darns ambition and GR'Axxus' gulibility have made Balacris vulnerable not only to the surface world but to other Atalantean cities. We may have more powerful warriors but they are hugely outnumbered. There are dark, troubling and challenging days ahead."

Frostbite turned to the queen and said when the others had, had a chance to speak, "Your majesty, I and my team would be honoured to have JE'Nadenn of Balacris as part of our team. And therefore I feel you have a claim on us all, should you need us. It seems only fitting if a greater alliance can be formed to both our mutual benefits that we should regard you as allies and work for our mutual benefit. I've no wish to fight other Atlanteans, but I will not stand by and let you be slaughtered by others if it's within my power to stand with you. JE'Nadenn will be a help to me talking to our government. I am afraid the other governments like you all are divided, not least of all because Advent has a stronghold over Europe and is aggressively seeking to destabilise our own nation. You'd well to watch your own borders other Atlanteans may well have fallen under the willing influence. "

Frostbite finished with a curt bow and then stepped back unless the Queen wished to say any more. He was getting itch feet, he wanted to follow up on the rig workers, and get on with making headway to seek a way forward for peace. Initial meetings with Justin St Johns and the Government would need to be held. Hearings attended to, but slowly (though not too slowly) progress might yet be won. And the United Kingdom badly needed allies in it fights within as well as without with the looming threat of Advent.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 24 2020, 20:28

The Queen gave leave for all to rise and nodded to Frostbite. To JE'Nadenn she stepped forwards, took her hands in her own then swapped it for a hug. "I shall not fail you my Queen." "I know Jen. Be well, be safe, be brave and be Atlantean."

The crowd went about its business and JE'Nadenn led the group through the water to where the prisoners were. "They are free to go." she explained, voice cold and sterile. "I will serve with you as my Queen demands and report to her as my duty dictates. I will obey your orders as if they were given by her."

Battlebug shrugged "Aside from when we're in a fight Frosty is pretty cool." said the boy. "I keep screwing up and he hasn't chewed me out... yet." he added, cringing.

Melody took handfuls of blue seaweed and handed them to the Rig Workers.

Frostbot had already done the calculations and advised his host that a sphere of Ice several feet thick would melt slowly enough and rise steadily to the surface enough for the Rig Workers not to suffer from the 'bends' an affliction when divers rise from the depths too fast.

=========

Near the surface with the huge ice bubble and the wrapped up Oil Rig workers inside and the Vanguard slowing the bubble as required.

Eventually it broke the surface and minutes later Frostbite flew an ice sculpture carriage through the air. Melody flew under her own power. JE'Nadenn wore a suit identical to Battlebugs. It appeared the Atlanteans wore these to interact with the surface world for more than one hour, after which their skin and body started to suffer from dehydration. The suit extended that by a number of hours but they were not durable and quite obvious, seeming to be a shimmering scale suit from neck to toe.

"No offence, but I'm ready to get out of this." said Battlebug. "Feels like I'm shrivelling up inside!"

JE'Nadenn frowned but said nothing.

Landing on the mainland with the melting carriage the Rig Workers were relieved and exhausted as they were greeted with open arms by family members and medical staff.

There was quite a crowd of people and the Vanguard hung back as TV cameras panned about. Without his mask Battlebug kept a very low profile and JE'Nadenn too wasn't keen to be exposed to the media.

Melody was somewhat shy and said "Look, I need to get back home. I'm tired, I need to clean up and take a shower. My number. Call me... but in the morning." she said after telling Frostbite her mobile number.

"Hot date?" asked Battlebug with a new make shift mask with holes poked in it. It looked like a discarded sock.

It was a discarded sock.

"Gotta sort the costume thing out." he muttered.

"Skrrrzzzz... come in... This is Vanguard flier to Frostbite, respond." said Catherines' voice over the comm link which now worked.

Minutes later the flier gave coordinates and the trio made their way to a distant beach, JE'Nadenn taking the time to immerse herself in the sea before she boarded.

The rear hatch opened and Frostbite was greeted with a hug from Catherine. She separated and shivered. "Brrrr!" she laughed. "Man am I so glad you're ok! Let's get you back to the base and you can tell me all about it..."

Battlebug stood with open arms as he expected a hug and was disappointed. "Huh." he muttered. He watched JE'Nadenn walk by and got no hug there either. "Tough crowd." he muttered.

OOC General Plan? Get back, clean up, make JE'Nadenn at home? Any preference to keep his ID secret or is he fine showing Joe Rigdons human face? Not end of the issue yet - you have another potential team member to meet...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 24 2020, 21:45

Admin wrote:Battlebug stood with open arms as he expected a hug and was disappointed. "Huh." he muttered. He watched JE'Nadenn walk by and got no hug there either. "Tough crowd." he muttered. OOC General Plan? Get back, clean up, make JE'Nadenn at home? Any preference to keep his ID secret or is he fine showing Joe Rigdon's human face? Not end of the issue yet - you have another potential team member to meet...

"Don't worry kid! Not everyone is frosty on the outside, she needs time to know were not all the same up here. And so let her make the first moves so that she can see we're not so different from her or her people."

Frostbite let his ice cover disappear, the air scrubbers working imperceptible harder to remove the sudden build-up of moisture and return the pressurised interior to the desired temperature. Before taking his seat next to Catherine, Joe hung back so as to help JE'Nadenn if she needed it and also to offer a quick exchange with her.

"I sense your fear, anger, hostility. This is a duty and you love your queen but you don't trust us. Perhaps you think this is a fool's errand and you know when all is said and done you might be right. But I don't back down from a fight easily and I overturned one dictator from taking over the world, I'm not above fighting another one. You and your people are entitled to the rights any sovereign nation deserves your freedom makes no difference to me if you existed up in the air, underground or as it happens, undersea. I know you've no reason to trust us, but we are a team and teams work because of trust. I hope you will see we aren't so different from your own people save the space we occupy. I call the shots because that is how it works, but it's not a one-way street and I'm not a dictator. However, in a battle, I've got to know you've got the teams back and you'll have to know we've got yours. Think it over and we can talk again and feel free to ask questions - curiosity is not a crime."

With that Frostbite moved to the front of the ship, his muscles ached, his body had been through a lot in the last few days with hardly a pause for breath, he was looking forward to consolidating what had begun and the makings of a team a real team with some potential to make a real difference seemed to be emerging.

He turned to Catherine and said, "Catherine, you wouldn't believe the day I've had. But first, tell me about yours?" He said with a cheeky wink and a smile.

OOC: OK take it from there as you wish...

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 26 2020, 11:10

Catherine smiled at Frostbite and exhaled with relief as she piloted the flyer back down south.

JE'Nadenn had relaxed a little after Frostbites speech but she admitted "I am... out of my depth here. I was training to be the Queens bodyguard, then she asked me to go spy on the Seneschal and GR'Axxus' project which she had misgivings about. I was experimented on and changed, probably forever, so all of this... is yet more change on top of what happened in the last few weeks." she sighed. "I will do my duty though and I will be loyal to you. My Queen spoke to me and told me to obey your orders as they were her own. Tell the boy if he tries any advances on me I will break his arm." Then she'd settled back.

Battlebug came from a side cupboard having changed into a set of plain overalls and sat next to JE'Nadenn when there were plenty of others seats further away. "SO, if you're gonna live on the surface world, we need to change some stuff. Your name probably. So people don't go 'Uh?' and some kind of code name so that you can have a life when you aren't hitting people in the face. Plus you'll need a guide, because the best pubs and nightclubs aren't easy to find and..."

JE'Nadenn glanced at Frostbite who rolled his eyes and made his way up front.

Back in the cockpit Catherine spoke up. "I was worried, but then I remembered you guys had been to a subatomic universe and done all sorts of stuff so that is pretty ordinary when I hear you've been captured and held underwater. That seaweed sounds useful and the new girl could help us refine it. I bet Wandafar has something to say about that."

"The boy losing all his clothes is something we'll need to sort out. How did Melody fare?"

Frostbite answered and Catherine nodded. "I think with her speed and sheer power of her blast gives us some muscle. We need to get everyone in one place and the Atlantean is a bonus."

As they homed in on the base the stealth ship shimmered from view and the lights dimmed in the cockpit and the back passenger compartment where they heard a "Wooo! Romantic!" then a THWACK! and a "Hey, it was only an arm!" "And you will lose it next time." "Hmmm, I can see it's gonna take a while to thaw you out." "Do you live forever? It will still not happen in your lifetime." "I'll need to wheel out the big guns then, clearly you'll need wining and dining. So, uh, do you like fish?"

Silence.

=========

"Get cleaned up Flea. Battlebug." said Catherine.

Jeeves the robotic butler appeared and directed JE'Nadenn to a set of rooms for her use.

Eating a pile of food the butler had sorted out Catherine came in. "Hey! Don't eat too much! You're taking me out to dinner!" and she whirled from the room to head off and get ready.

Joe wasn't quite sure what to make of that given he'd been 'all business' since getting his powers.

He took a few nibbles then grinned.

Turning to head for upstairs he stopped.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 Nowhere-man-again-light

"We need to talk." said a Dark Clad man who held... a Broomstick?

He tossed that onto the Kitchen worktop/breakfast bar with a clatter.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jul 26 2020, 19:20

Admin wrote:The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 Nowhere-man-again-light

"We need to talk." said a Dark Clad man who held... a Broomstick?

He tossed that onto the Kitchen worktop/breakfast bar with a clatter.

Timing...why of all the times.

Frostbite looked at the guy he looked a bit like Nowhere man, but then again as the name suggested he had so many multiply layers and persons back and forth he couldn't be sure if this was an incarnation of him or someone else. But if he meant harm, he'd not want to talk.

"Oh-kay..." Frostbite said slowly, "I wish your timing was better. If I was my friend Lionheart I'd probably make a joke about the fact we've got a cleaner already. But since he's not here and I'm not him why don't take a seat and I'll try not to notice that you seem to have gotten into a top-secret facility with lots and lots of head-spinning security which you seem to have bypassed."

Frostbite took a seat opposite and spoke to Frostbot to send a message via the Jeeves to warn the others we had a "Guest" but that they were to make not threatening moves.

OOC: Ok lets talk...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 29 2020, 17:49

The dark clad 'stranger' listened without comment for a moment then settled down into a chair.

"I'll cut to the chase. In another reality you and I are... if not friends then at least on the same side. I tend not to have too many friends as it's better that way for them. You are Joseph Rigdon. Frostbite. Leader of the Vanguard a... mish mash... ragtag group whose roster changes but whose motivation never has and never will. You are from a different reality. I know this because in another reality I was James Caldwell, a superhero known as Wraith who was one of the Lore Knights. I am now Nowhere Man and James Caldwell is dead in this reality. In many realities I died. Others I remained part of that group even when things turned really crazy. In most of them I left the group after my fiance was killed by my enemies and I turned rogue in order to hunt them down and was stripped of my powers for being dishonourable. In many of those realities I made ... deals... with certain entities and gained new powers, far more than I had before. It's been a struggle to stay on the side of right and I haven't always succeeded despite my best efforts. But I try, always. Time... time is a strange thing and It will make your head spin. After all you were plucked from the 1940s and probably are about what, a hundred years old but barely out of your twenties in actual fact?"

"I know all this because I have met other versions of you. I've even had this same conversation with you, in this room. Wandafar and his security systems are very good but one of my superhuman abilities is being able to talk to gadgets. Like Frostbot." he rasped and waved a hand about. "I do like to annoy him with bugs so you may want to let him know about line 8312 of his security code. After it's bugged the hell out of him a bit." Frostbite got the impression he was smiling slightly under the mask.

"I've met other versions of myself. Sometimes we collaborated, sometimes we fought. I'm one of the versions of myself who concentrates on bigger picture things. Like that." he said pointing to the innocuous looking broomstick. "The Ultrahumans, premier super group in this and a lot of other realities, have a museum in America. Interesting fact. A superhuman known as Nexus can pull infinite versions of himself from other realities into one being for a certain length of time and his power is... " he spread his hands out before letting them drop. "Attacking him or harming him in any way will trigger the change, as will giving him something from another reality that belongs to him. Like a gauntlet for instance, which other than being made of leather and having no inherent abilities, will allow him to trigger his change without the usual rules in place."

"The Gauntlet was stolen, Lionheart tracked it down then it got stolen again. This..." he pointed to the Broomstick "Belonged to an Eighth century witch who has decided she wants it back. I don't know how the Ultrahumans got it but they'll have to deal with the Nexus Gauntlet. That Broomstick is a problem you and possibly the UKChampions will have to sort out."

"There is a spell being cast at Stonehenge right now twelve hundred years ago. When it is complete a gate will open and demons will pour through it looking for that. When that gate opens, a set of beings from another dimension will take notice of this Earth and in doing so, trigger a series of events that may result in this reality and all who live in it being wiped from existence."

'He is speaking of the Shadow Demons' said Frostbot inside Frostbites head. 'The Dark Power'

"Sorry about your dinner plans, but you lot need to get down to Stonehenge, pronto. I would go... but there are complications when I get involved in certain things. Besides, your friend Lionheart might need a hand and he will be needed in the days to come." He stood and looked at the plate of food Jeeves had put out. With a sigh he stood back several steps and put his hands behind his back. "Any questions?" he added.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 29 2020, 19:10

Admin wrote:"Sorry about your dinner plans, but you lot need to get down to Stonehenge, pronto. I would go... but there are complications when I get involved in certain things. Besides, your friend Lionheart might need a hand and he will be needed in the days to come." He stood and looked at the plate of food Jeeves had put out. With a sigh he stood back several steps and put his hands behind his back. "Any questions?" he added.

Any questions!!! Frostbite almost chocked back on his response. "I thought I recognised you, the shadow demons, they'd so far as I could tell had a rogue group who had given us our powers. There was always a risk that if we allowed ourselves to tap into our full potential we'd be as much the hazard as they. But as far as I can recall, two lives - you'd understand, well I thought the rogue group had started to change the way these 'demons' looked at life and were working toward a different agenda than human enslavement and endless misery!"

Frostbite sighed a long sigh, it was going to be a long night. "I guess I should thank you, but somehow I feel like a guy whose been cheated. OK, I'll get everyone ready - what do we do with that, though?" Frostbite pointed at the Broom aware that it might act as a magnet to any forces that were seeking it. Where could they keep it safe, so that it and those watching it could make sure it didn't fall into the wrong hands.

OOC: At this point in our adventure is this portal possible because the grail in Haunt/Steeplejacks adventure gone missing? A bit like the way in Back to the Future the past kept altering the future so the photo was getting more and more distorted as time was threatened? Anyway, I'll prep the group, apologies to Catherine whilst we prep and get off to Stonehenge. Also, we'll inform the UK Champions, since Melody has just taken rest and not been contacted yet I guess it's me BB and JE'Nadenn for now?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 29 2020, 21:11

Steeple_jackuk wrote:OOC: At this point in our adventure is this portal possible because the grail in Haunt/Steeplejacks adventure gone missing?  A bit like the way in Back to the Future the past kept altering the future so the photo was getting more and more distorted as time was threatened?    Anyway, I'll prep the group, apologies to Catherine whilst we prep and get off to Stonehenge.  Also, we'll inform the UK Champions, since Melody has just taken rest and not been contacted yet I guess it's me BB and JE'Nadenn for now?

Sj

OOC Your first point. bang on, nailed it. Wondered if anyone would make the connection when I started throwing this weird time stuff 'this happens then in the future this can happen because of that which happens even if they restore it then... did it ever happen'... arggggh paradox stuff. But yeah. The Grail is the reason this can happen more than 120 years into the future....

Nowhere Man looked to the Broom. "I would take it but the thing is like a beacon. Draws trouble to it and I don't know why all of a sudden it should be noticed after years in a museum but it appeared on my radar and... well, here I am with you."

"I would have taken it to the UKChampions but I'm on their most wanted list. Not least of which for punching out a few of those idiots a while back in the 'Civil War' that saw the registration act madness pitting hero against hero whilst the bad guys robbed banks and got away with anything they wanted to."* added Nowhere Man. "Hmmm. Or was that another version of Earth? Sometimes its hard to keep track."

"I need to get back to American and it will take me quite a few jumps to do it so I should crack on. One misjump and... well... I really will be Nowhere."

He took another step back. "Sorry about this old boy. I'd shake your hand but the last time I did that someone slapped cuffs on me and it caused a ruckus, so for now... adios."

He vanished.

Suddenly alarms blared in the mansion and a screen popped on in the kitchen. Catherine, towel wrapped round her and wet hair everywhere appeared on it spluttering "What;s going on? Are we under attack?" The screen split into two halves and Wandafar appeared, goggles making his eyes appear massive. In the background was a new body for Timmy Jones, partially finished. "Vat ze blummin eck is going on? I can't hear a thing in here und it's getting to ze good bit of Eastenders."

Bounding in with a towel around his midriff Battlebug dripped water all over the floor as he entered the kitchen looking for an intruder, whilst Jeeves appeared... wearing a clown outfit and makeup. "What appears to be the trouble?" he asked, completely unaware of the change in code that saw his appearance so outlandish.

=========

"You've got through to the UKChampions secure line." said the bored looking stone skinned man on the other end of the video link.

"This better not be a prank call. I got your IP address and... dammit. No I haven't unless you really are in Tibet. Who are you, what do you want?" growled the surly superhero on monitor duty. Presumably he was a man of action and bored out of his head until the call came through thanks to Wandafars scrambled signal/Justin St Johns providing the secure line details.

OOC *Which is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when. Probably 10-11 years ago in real time. Then of course that was a different reality, so it happened here as well but with different heroes etc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 29 2020, 21:19

Admin wrote:"You've got through to the UKChampions secure line." said the bored looking stone skinned man on the other end of the video link.

"This better not be a prank call. I got your IP address and... dammit. No I haven't unless you really are in Tibet. Who are you, what do you want?" growled the surly superhero on monitor duty. Presumably he was a man of action and bored out of his head until the call came through thanks to Wandafars scrambled signal/Justin St Johns providing the secure line details.

[/i][/color]

Holding up a hand to the others Frostbite said, "Its Frostbite of the Vanguard, now listen up I don't want to repeat myself..." and with the others able to listen in, he filled in what Nowhere Man had told him, holding up the broom for effect. "Now I hope you got that and I don't need to draw pictures. I'm not in the best of moods right now, and I've got to make a side trip to Stonehenge instead of...well never you mind. So wake up the troops and get them to meet us there with go a major demonic invasion happening and we need to stop it before it gets too big to contain. Frostbite out!"

Turning to the others he said in a rather more pained face, "Sorry, best-laid plans, this is a beacon for trouble, we'd best keep it with us for now, so at least we can face the trouble without it going awol. Get dressed, lets get going." Then turning to Wandafar Frostbite said, "Oh that bit of code 8312...ah never mind it can wait!" And with that Frostbite iced over hard as diamond and just as glittery with the blue frosted Frostbot plate glittering through.

As he made his way to the hanger.

OOC: And away we go...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 29 2020, 23:37

Catherine scowled then sighed. "Rain check." she muttered. "It's always raining dammit."

Battlebug glanced about. "So... we're going to punch people in the face, again? Already? WOOOT!" before rushing out then coming back in. "Ah, are there any spare clothes for me Wandafar?"

JE'Nadenn wandered in whilst the others were wandering about, gaping at the place and conscious that her 'water suit' would hold water only for a certain period of time and wasn't much in the way of durable or protective. Still, she'd been given a mission to perform for her Queen and when Frostbite iced up and gave the order, she marched behind him towards the hanger.

Wandafar scowled at the youngster and muttered "Yes, I hef cloth but if you insist on getting burned und splatted zen I vill hef to make something better. So much for catching up on Corrie."

The diminutive genius walked past Jeeves, stopped then turned. "Why are you dressed like a Clown?" he asked.

The holographic/solid light butler frowned and looked down. "I am?" he replied.

=========

Frostbite stood at the Vanguard flyer in the hanger. It had taken a fair bit of battering in the storm in Scotland and would need, amongst other things, a decent lick of paint.

He was reasonably skilled as a pilot despite being a man out of time and picked up quite a bit from Catherine who was an expert at the controls. Whilst the others dressed he hooked the fuel feed up to the tanks and flicked it on, sending thousands of gallons of high octane jet fuel into the tanks. Wandafar would of course at some point develop something that wasn't dependent on fossil fuels but he'd barely had time to catch his breath after their return from the microscopic universe, working on repairs/a new body for Timmy Jones and Battlebugs intended battle suit which he'd seen the plans drawn up for on various napkins and a pizza box.

A door clunked open and he expected one of the others. Instead Steph Miller, (REFLEX) came in and shouted "Hey!" before coming over to give Frostbite a hug (once he'd iced down). "I got the alarm on my phone then a text message. Got here as soon as I could. Time to suit up?"

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 BBug-INterim-suit

A brown jump suited individual walked past as Steph and Frostbite turned to see him head for the Vanguard Flyers hatch. "This sucks." he muttered. "Everyone else gets cool costumes and Wandafar says mine isn't finished I need to wear this? Man..." As he walked by the older heroes saw the pinned on sign "KICK ME!" hastily scrawled in marker pen stuck to the jumpsuits backside.

Steph stifled a laugh and asked "New guy?"

Frostbite explained about Flea/Battlebug.

JE'Nadenn came next. She was dressed in the fish scale costume that her people had given her, a sort of wet suit that held micro pockets of sea water in it and gave a sort of formless bulk to her slim athletic form as well as leaving wet footprints behind. Wandafar would have to do something about that too. "I am ready." she stated, matter of fact. "Hello." she added to Steph/Reflex before she walked up the ramp.

"Do not talk to me." she added in a loud voice before Battlebug protested with "What? I was only making small talk."

Catherine came in, hair still wet and looked annoyed. She softened when she saw Steph. "Hey you!" she said, hugging her. "When did you get in? Did you get the call?" When Reflex nodded Catherine checked the fuel levels. "You've time to suit up if you're going. Here Frosty, you forgot this." she said, tossing the Broomstick.

Steph watched her go and shivered theatrically. "Maybe she should call herself frosty and keep the broomstick!" she chuckled. "I'll be five minutes!" she declared and ran off to dump her duffle bag and get suited up.

Though many of the others had retired or simply gone back to their old lives in the hope of rebuilding them, Steph had made no secret of the fact she wanted to remain in the Vanguard and had grown in power and experience over the time Frostbite had known her. A team player, she was smart, good to get on with and in her own way quite powerful with that life draining effect that boosted her own abilities.

Wandafar wandered in. "Ja, I hef too many sings on my plate even fer me. I vill prioritise ze suit for ze boy und Timmys body. Ach! Look at zet!" he said, pointing out various dings and bumps on the Vanguard Flyer. "Ven vill i get chence to fix zis? Ach! You vill wear me out till I am ze nervous wreck!" he said, throwing his hands up theatrically and checking the ship out, shaking his head, tutting and scribbling notes with a pen on the back of his hand.

The all go never stop could be frustrating... but Frostbite was a hero and this? Flying off into the unknown to battle danger where it raised it's head? This was who he was, what he did. Despite the problems he knew this team would rise to meet the challenge, especially when Surge and the others were on board too.

OOC You have:

Frostbite - Power Level 4
Battlebug - Varies. Power Level 3-high 4
Reflex - Power level 2
JE'Nadenn - Power level 3

in the roster currently. Surge is still out of action (injuries sustained in the battle vs Eurotrash), Melody is resting up in Scotland and the other recruits you sought you haven't had chance to look up yet. Sun Girl/Zoo Master haven't yet reported in (it's only been a few days) but given your decent relationship with Dawson SMITE should have no problems releasing them for Vanguard duties.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 30 2020, 10:38

Admin wrote:OOC You have:

Frostbite - Power Level 4
Battlebug - Varies. Power Level 3-high 4
Reflex - Power level 2
JE'Nadenn - Power level 3

in the roster currently. Surge is still out of action (injuries sustained in the battle vs Eurotrash), Melody is resting up in Scotland and the other recruits you sought you haven't had chance to look up yet. Sun Girl/Zoo Master haven't yet reported in (it's only been a few days) but given your decent relationship with Dawson SMITE should have no problems releasing them for Vanguard duties.

After greeting Steph and feeling somewhat relieved he had someone at his back he could trust, with Catherine being back up he made a mental note to say that Wandafar could do with help. Maybe some automaton assistance, to which Frostbot could help? So much of what he did could be parcelled out, but despite his complaints, Frostbite rather suspected that he was never really being used to his full which is why he constantly watch other things like his soaps to keep his mind active.

"OK team strap in this is what I know..." And Frostbite proceeded to fill them in what he could tell me of the threat of the Shadow demons, the broomstick and goodness knew what else was going on. He concluded "I don't know why this occurred now, if you thought to yourself there is a lot going wrong all at once, I'd concur with you. Something is afoot, we've barely had chance to catch our breath and that means we're all running on reserve, so I'm going to call on Dawson to fill him in and get what support we can."

A quick call to Dawson repeating more or less what he'd been told, what had happened and what was happening and he knew that they were barely minutes away from their location. He made sure Catherine had the Controls and he popped back to speak to JE'Nadenn.

"This is going to be a tough fight, we are going up against things you've not encountered before. They are malevolent and evil without reserve. My one worry is about your protective suit. If you have to withdraw to get to the water, you must let us know. Until Wandafar can get you better suited to these oversea conditions we'd best play safe. I don't want you out of action before you've had your first chance to meet Justin and talked about your kingdom being recognised as a sovereign state."[/i

Then a quick check with the others Frostbite circled back to the front of the ship. He looked across at Catherine who was all business. He knew that being the person he was was always going to make having any kind of normal difficulty. But he needed to be grounded. Being away for so long in the Microverse gave him a new perspective. He could die alone, and having no one and that kind of wasn't what made the fight worth fighting. It was time to begin to forge a life beyond being a mask, powers and a leader. He knew Catherine would understand, but it made it hard when she had lost her powers and probably more than anyone wanted to be alongside, not left aside. Perhaps it was something he could talk to Wandafar about. Man, that list was growing...

OOC: [i]Ok I think we are ready, my call to Dawson would be for assistance alongside that of the UK Champions. For now, I am thinking that the Broomstick best stay with me. I'll fix it across my back or something like a big sword would strap on so that I can work without having to be handy capped by it for now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 30 2020, 11:25

With Catherine all business and Battlebug still grumbling about his costume or lack thereof the hanger doors opened and the engines were fired up.

Settled into the co-pilot seat Frostbite glanced across and saw Catherine tapping on a touch screen/set of dials. "Hmmm. We have a few problems. The battering the jet took in those winds tore off a number of stealth panels and supersonic speed will get under the others, increasing the damage. Wandy will be annoyed if we trash his baby even more. Subsonic I'm afraid Boss." she said, mirrored glasses masking her eyes and her cold professional manner projecting frost that the cold hero could admire.

With green lights showing the airspace and surrounding area was clear to set off from the jet taxied forward then the VTOL engines rotated to lift the jet upwards and it spun on its axis before setting off through the gloom of the evening.

Minutes later a grumpy looking khaki dressed Battlebug stuck his head through the cabin door "Are we there yet?" he moaned.

=========

"Protected area, not that bad guys take any notice so you can make your own way from here. As usual holler if any problems." said Catherine as she set down a mile and a half away from Stonehenge proper.

"Besides that, any closer and if this thing gets caught up in any fights she won't hold together too well!" she added and then reached over to put a hand on Frostbites shoulder. "Get back in one piece and bring the kids home."

Stepping out the back the small group of Frostbite, Reflex, Battlebug and JE'Nedann stood on moorland and looking in the direction of the ancient monument. The towns/villages of Larkhill, Amesbury and Durrington would be under threat if things got crazy. Dawson knew that and had alerted local authorities.

"Who are they?" asked Battlebug.

A woman in dark head to toe costume and cloak and another who looked like a block of stone with arms and legs strode across the field to where the vanguard Flyer was hovering.

"At ease!" said the Stone Walker in a female voice unlike the rocky form which suggested gravel, rocks and a gruff manner. "We're UKChampions STONEHENGE and MOONGIRL, been here a few minutes before you got here. Dawson got in touch to add weight to your request for help." 'she' said, towering over the Vanguardians. "Don't mind Stonelord on monitor duty. He loves punching stuff and is always a grouch when on monitor duty. We might be able to drag in another but he's tied up with something at the moment so it's just us."

"You were vouched for by Atomica and if you can impress that ..."

"Bitch." muttered Moongirl.

"...I was going to say 'haughty Alien Princess' but ... whatever. She vouched for you Frostbite and your file tells us we're happy to defer to your judgement. We don't pack an ego when we're on a case so... what's the play?"

Moongirl turns, peering through the darkness and muttered "Can't see anything as yet... Nothing on CCTV but if we're dealing with magic..." she glanced at the Broomstick on Frostbites back. "You fly on that thing?"

Battlebug chuckled. "Heh, I like this one."

Moongirl turned a cold gaze on the youngster and said "Quiet, the adults are talking."

Battlebug harrumphed and folded his arms.

OOC Couple of characters I have to stat up and pictures to cook up so there may be an update later or more likely tomorrow morning
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 30 2020, 11:36

Admin wrote:Battlebug chuckled. "Heh, I like this one."

Moongirl turned a cold gaze on the youngster and said "Quiet, the adults are talking."

Battlebug harrumphed and folded his arms.

OOC Couple of characters I have to stat up and pictures to cook up so there may be an update later or more likely tomorrow morning

OOC: You know me my friend, I'll go with what you've got when you've got it.

After a soft nod and a gentle knowing smile to Catherine Frostbite offered a wave.

Then turning to the new folk's Frostbite was released that he didn't have to try and earn a place or impress the members the UK Champions had loaned.

Frostbite matter of factly explained who his team was, and the reason they were here and ended by explaining that this innocent look broomstick was apparently anything but. In the wrong hands, it was an artefact of great power and a focus for evil. "Something has changed, we've had one fight after another, Advent might be behind this or there may be a larger unknown player at work. Assuming we all get home in one piece I think the UK Champions ought to be on high alert and anyone they know needs to be pulled off the benches and into the game. I have a feeling in my gut that bad things are about to come and we will need everyone on board to keep up with this. Which is of course what Advent wants. Wear us down and they can then sweep into 'rescue' our poor nation in its darkest hour. At some point, I feel like Advent is the going to be the Axis powers we're going to have to run off this planet or else they like a weed are going to keep sprouting up."

Frostbite fell silent for a moment before ordering everyone up to the monument. For now, they stayed together, Steph with JE'Nadenn, Battle Bug with me and Moon girl with Stonehenge.

OOC: OK ready battle positions and try not to let the waiting get to us, or catch us out.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 01 2020, 18:24

The hero group split up in three pairs and moved through the darkness towards where the standing stones were.

Nearer the air grew cold and for Frostbite to even feel the difference meant it was not ordinary cold!

"Brrrr!" muttered Battlebug. "Should have brought a big coat."

"Huh. There's something moving about boss." said the youngster. "I can 'see' it with my funky sonar thing."

With his own ability to see variations in heat Frostbite could see something moving. Small, about four feet high and ape like, it skittered about and moved from stone to stone.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 7 Demon

It wasn't alone. More and more of the things were climbing out of a strange hole in the floor which appeared to be a glowing portal of some kind and these small creatures were grasping arms and pulling through the hole/portal. Frostbite counted ten... eleven... more were coming out!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Aug 01 2020, 21:35

Admin wrote:The hero group split up in three pairs and moved through the darkness towards where the standing stones were.

It wasn't alone. More and more of the things were climbing out of a strange hole in the floor which appeared to be a glowing portal of some kind and these small creatures were grasping arms and pulling through the hole/portal. Frostbite counted ten... eleven... more were coming out!

Frostbite shouted to others to converge on the middle but to use the stones for cover so that they didn't get blasted back. And with that, he led the way blasting with his super cold energy attack at the nearest creatures coming through the whole. He shouted to Battle Bug, "We've got to find a way to cut them off at the source, I am thinking either we damage these stones or we've got to get to the source...yeah and if that sounds crazy its because it is. It's not like any of us have magical ability to shut this from this end unless someone is holding out on me."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next