The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 Empty The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2

Post  Admin Tue Sep 16 2014, 23:17

FROSTBITE: 100HP*

"Good morning!" said the altogether too chirpy voice of Jethro the Butler, the android who practically ran the mansion that was St John Hall, one of the residences of Justin St Johns, the Ghost Knight...

The curtains were pulled aside and let light stream in. Joe Hoskyn blinked away sleep and recalled the previous evenings exertions. Wales, then Coldstream near the Scottish border. The Demon, then it's unusual decision to withdraw from the battle.

Frostbot spoke up inside Joe's head. 'You've been asleep nearly 6 hours, plenty for someone with your superhuman physiology.'

Didn't feel like it.

=========

Breakfast was more like dinner given the time.

He sat eating overlooking the olympic size indoor swimming pool, a little uncomfortable because of the heat and humidity. It seemed like an age ago that he'd seen Catherine Stowe gliding through the water, but then 24 hours for a superhuman usually packed more in than an ordinary person could jam into a month.

Ordinary. He wondered about that. Born in the early part of the 19th Century, he knew he shared his head with a man from another time as well as the sentient computer, Frostbot. What was Ordinary? He glanced at the computer tablet on the table, the news scrolling slowly down it. He was a man out of time, a man who had known earth shattering power and helped decide the fate of a world, a universe even, but at heart was just a young american who'd been chosen to take on the mantle of Frostbite when all he'd wanted was to serve in the army and help defeat the Nazis.

He'd done all that, and more, but the cost had been towering, near total.

"Have you given some thought as to your plans for the day, sir?" asked Jethro. "Mr Wilgommen did comment that he wanted to see you about some plans he'd made for a new team being established. He's back at Caer Alwyn in Wales, supervising the repair work to the great old house. I.... also took the liberty of researching your name against all known records - not to pry, but rather..."

The butler waved a hand, and the screen switched to show details of people with the last name of Hoskyn in the USA.

"I thought there may be family you might wish to contact for the purposes of reassuring them of your safety and well being, Sir." said Jethro.

Joe stared at the list for what seemed an age, but was in reality heartbeats. Did he have family in this place and time? Might he be able to find out what happened to his Sister, his mother and father...?

"Ah, Mr Wilgommen suggested that you 'get your cold frosty ass down here quick sharpish' as well, Sir." added Jethro. He busied himself serving up tea and crumpets.

*plus whatever remains from previous adventures. Will check.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:02

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE: 100HP*

"Ah, Mr Wilgommen suggested that you 'get your cold frosty ass down here quick sharpish' as well, Sir." added Jethro. He busied himself serving up tea and crumpets.

*plus whatever remains from previous adventures. Will check.

OOC: Really looking forward to this,  its a real joy to be playing Frostbite solo again, go at my own pace and follow through my own leads for a turn or two, is something I've missed...  

Frostbite nodded between bites of his thickly covered marmalade toast.  Somehow British bread always tasted so much better, he didn't wonder if he'd taken on some of the likes and dislikes of his namesakes previous host.  White toast and Marmalade being just one of the things he'd discovered he'd liked.  

Reluctant to ignore the call to find out about family, but also fully aware of making people aware of his 'sudden' reappearance, he had to play that one cautiously.  He was thankful for the excuse to put 'duty' first, a return trip to Wales, didn't seem like such a bad idea.  Besides which, having rescued Wandafar, and seen the wreck that had been made almost of the whole area, he was grateful for the opportunity to return to see what had come of it all.  And no doubt get some kind of an update on those injured at that battle.  

All this flashed through his brain in a few moments, whilst he bit down hungrily on his toast.  Eyeing another piece as he got up.

"Ok, Jethro, lets get to it, I'll take your best carriage to Wales.  I'll be ready in two minutes. just going to get some spare clothes in case my stay in Wales becomes protracted."

Frostbite paled as his in substantial form wavered for a moment, partially changed as with his free hand he got a final piece of toast, and then drifted off toward his apartment through the walls.  

Moments later, true to his word, he was standing reading for evac to make best speed to Caer Alwyn.  With him was the tablet, he'd also stowed under one arm, wrapped in a special protective bubble to protect it from the extreme cold of his ice skinned body.  

Although he wanted to tell himself that he was going only on a short excursion, he knew from previous experience that in the next 24 hours, anything could happen...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2

Post  Admin Wed Sep 17 2014, 22:55

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 Frostbite_NEW_Scores

Jethro nodded. "I have taken the liberty of having you outfitted with a new costume sir. The controls on the belt alter the suits appearance at the molecular level, from your superheroic attire to something suitably civilian that will allow you to pass relatively unnoticed."

Jethro handed the belt over. It looked to Frostbite to be something fairly innocuous, albeit with a raised oval buckle. A touch on the buckle seemed to release a kind of gas!

"It may be wise to wear the belt first sir." explained Jethro as he scooped up an empty costume from the floor. With a smile he pulled it from the belt, and it dissipated into gas again, before vanishing. "Wandafar... Dr Wilgommen, had intended it for other purposes but whilst toying about one day worked the molecular mist into the  belt buckle which acts as a kind of activator. You can preset the costumes - half a dozen in all - and the belt will produce the clothing as required. It will retain dirt only for a short time, and will reform should it tear. Would that your skin could do the same."

"As for transport, SOLARL will be waiting in Hanger bay 3 with the prototype pulse jet. Two seater, very fast, liable to break down. A lot. Conforming to emissions regulations has strangled it's engines but Wandafar - as always - found a way round it. Essentially it runs on hydrogen and emits fresh air and water. Unfortunately it rusts." The android Butler shrugged. "He'll probably work it out one day. Probably during an episode of Eastenders."

=========

"I hope you are fully rested after your exertions from the last 36 hours" said the Solid light contruct formed into the shape of a comely young woman.

She sat at the controls of the two man craft, seamlessly controlling the warmup of the craft and it's onboard systems. It looked rather... haphazard. Bare panels, trailing wires, hastily soldered connections and dangling circuit boards suggested Wandafar had cobbled it together and moved onto something else.

The Hanger doors opened - the outdoor gardens lawn above - and the VTOL jet shot up and away!

OOC Feel free to inject any dialogue, questions, additions or alterations as you see fit. More tomorrow...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 18 2014, 07:47

Admin wrote:

Jethro nodded. "I have taken the liberty of having you outfitted with a new costume sir. The controls on the belt alter the suits appearance at the molecular level, from your superheroic attire to something suitably civilian that will allow you to pass relatively unnoticed."

Somewhat mystified then amazed before finally chuckling at Jethro's comment about Wandafar's choice of entertainment, Frostbite just nodded his thanks.  

=========

Admin wrote:"I hope you are fully rested after your exertions from the last 36 hours" said the Solid light construct formed into the shape of a comely young woman.

"Yes thank you, we'll having heard far more than any man should about what he is trusting his life to, lets take this heap of junk genius to the castle.  I don't imagine with the speeds, that Wandafar has put this to, I'll have so much as a chance to get an ice'd coffee, before we arrive.  But I might as well grab one, I think I'm going to need something to help me sift through the barrage of useless information and interjection about Wandarfar's favourite soap stories, to get the useful information I could use."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 18 2014, 23:56

Solarl smiled, her artificial intelligence not quite stretching to a full blown sense of humour.

She continued to pilot the jet at high speed through the sky, constantly monitoring the status of the radar signature of the craft.

"The stealth capabilities of the aircraft appear to be working fine..." she explained as she frowned at a flashing light on a panel just moments before the panel itself shuddered loose from the dashboard and dangled from wires. As she adjusted that, Frostbot spoke in Frostbites' mind.

"I foresee possibilities here with this solid light construct. Utilising this technology, I may be able to generate a physical form with which to act. The range of action may be limited to within transmission distance from your mind. As you know I am intrinsically, forever tied to you." a pause. "lucky me." Frostbot added.

Solarl turned to Frostbite. "There may be turbulence. One of the engines is playing up." She and Frostbite both turned to look over their shoulders through the cockpit at the left hand engine with smoke trailing from it. Hands moving across a panel at speed, Solarl gave a very human frown. "There is a failsafe built in to the fuelling mechanism that is malfunctioning, but a software safety function has disabled it."

All of a sudden the engine spluttered, coughed, then burst into life!

Solarl looked at a flickering led screen, and raised an eyebrow. "The ecu has... somehow... rewritten the software so as to bypass safety and failsafe mechanisms to restore power. I shall have to enquire as to how Wandafar made this possible."

Frostbot spoke up, smug sounding. "I could explain it to her. I might have no physical form but my abilities are far reaching indeed."

=========

The jet landed in the grounds of mansion some distance from the main house where scaffolding was already up and builders working away.

Machines strode about, automatons that worked tirelessly at an inhuman pace to deliver and utilize building materials. Indeed, Frostbite was near amazed by what had been accomplished in a space of only 24 hours or so!

=========

"If you hef come to tell me ve are out of bricks, I shell tell you vot I told ze last plonker who asked me to get some more. Pick up ze phone and order zem from ze B and the Q." said Wandafar into a walkie talkie.

He stood in the drawing room looking at the hole in the roof even as a hovering robot lowered wood beams into place and fired nail after nail into the supports. In moments the roof frame was in place and the robot beavered about laying a membrane and making it secure so the rest of the roof of this wing of the mansion could be rebuilt.

Wandafar - Pierre Wilgommen, former Executive Superhero and friend of the Vanguard, albeit in another time and place - turned and looked at Frostbite in the doorway of the drawing room. "Ah, hef you come back to destroy ze rest of ze house? Brought more bad guys vis you, huh?" he frowned, but before Frostbite could argue the point, he smiled and chuckled, and went to the drinks cabinet. "I owe you my thanks for all you and your friends hef done. Ze house vill be near repaired by end of ze veek, und only zet long because I em making... improvements."

"Zere is some pressing stuff to do before zen though. Sit, sit!" he exclaimed, waving Frostbite to a chair after pouring him a drink of his choice.

"Ve are woefully underpowered. If ve vish to make ze special contribution und protect ze country, ve need more muscles. I hef cooked up a list of people to go und see. Here." he said, passing over a hastily scribbled sheet of paper. There were over a dozen names on there, mostly with addresses.

Several names stood out.

Guy St Ives
James Caldwell.
Joeseph Rigdon
Jason Ashe

The names resonated inside Joe Hoskyns' mind. The other names on the list didn't mean much, but these did... why?

OOC How much Frostbite remembers is entirely up to you. In this reality, the people on this list might... or might not have become superheroes (or villains!) Frostbite may be the tipping point for those who are still making the decision! Also, the history of this world is different to the world the Vanguard knew before. Messing with Time Travel will do that Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Sep 19 2014, 07:28

Admin wrote:"I foresee possibilities here with this solid light construct. Utilising this technology, I may be able to generate a physical form with which to act. The range of action may be limited to within transmission distance from your mind. As you know I am intrinsically, forever tied to you." a pause. "lucky me." Frostbot added.

Frostbite remembered when Frostbot gained a measure of autonomy through utilising robot bodies that it could then use to help lend a lot of heft to the team.  The thought that he might yet be able to 'advance' in that manner through a body like that of their pilot, Solarl, was worth a shot.  He made a mental note to talk to Wandafar about it.  

Admin wrote:Frostbot spoke up, smug sounding. "I could explain it to her. I might have no physical form but my abilities are far reaching indeed."

"Hubris, Frostbot has been many a 'man's' downfall, besides which don't go showing off to your new lady friend."

=========
Admin wrote:Several names stood out.

Guy St Ives
James Caldwell.
Joeseph Rigdon
Jason Ashe

The names resonated inside Joe Hoskyns' mind. The other names on the list didn't mean much, but these did... why?

OOC How much Frostbite remembers is entirely up to you. In this reality, the people on this list might... or might not have become superheroes (or villains!) Frostbite may be the tipping point for those who are still making the decision! Also, the history of this world is different to the world the Vanguard knew before. Messing with Time Travel will do that Smile

"Things are, different for me..." Frostbite dismissed the stray thought he'd about to give further voice to and went on, "Sure why not, but two things before we get going." He pointed back to the craft they'd come in, "That needs more than a few rubber bands and a bandage, its seriously pulling itself apart.  I hope if I've got to travel far its not in that hunk of junk." Frostbite then tapped the side of his head, "My travelling companion, could provide some immediate extra muscle, his being contained or emm downloaded I think is the term into a form like Solarl would be a immediate means to bolster our numbers.  Whilst I leave you to think about that, I can get to recruit these here folks."

Frostbite waited for a response, before taking a look at the first address and person listed, Guy St Ives...

OOC: Ok once we've got over the preliminaries we might as well get on with our first search, I am going to behave as if these people aren't known to me, as the real Frostbite is far and away inside.  Although its not to say that he can't point out things inside.  However I think it would seriously muck Joe up if he felt he had to compete for head space, so the old Joe I think would be respectfully silent until he needed to be heard.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 20 2014, 23:24

"Zet Thing? Pah. I draw up plans in break during Emmerdale Farm. Gave it to robots to put together. Zey moaned zet zere was not enough of the stuff I list to make it und I know Justin already said no more cash on building crep stuff thet blows up, so ve just use votever lying around." explained Wandafar.

A heartbeat after he spoke the jet collapsed as the landing strut gave way. The fuel tank caught fire and with a BANG! set alight! There were a number of workers and builders alarmed at the sight, but Frostbite calmly raised an arm and coated the whole thing in a sheaf of ice which quelled the flame immediately.

Wandafar shrugged. "You vont a sandwich?" he offered, even as he fished about for a pen and started drawing plans for a new, improved jet. "Zis time I hide ze bill for ze bits in ze building costs. Justin vill never know."

He looked at Frostbites hard, set face, and sighed. "Follow me." he sighed. A retinal scan and voice id later, the secret door swished open to reveal a steel lift tube.

Moments later the pair were deep underground. The sound of robots excavating could be heard elsewhere.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE Issue #2 Large_1_640x350

"Skyranger Mk4. You don't vont to know about ze first one. Ze second? She was pretty good, but bad guy blew it to bits. Third one? Pah. I was going through bad time. The Mitchell brothers were arguing on Eastenders. This one? This one works. VTOL, Mach 2, Stealth, magnetic coilguns hef variable firepower from dum dum to armour piercing, all from same pellet. Stretches zem you see. Here."

He held up a tiny metal pellet. It could have come from an airgun. "Clever huh? Anyvay, Solarl vill pilot it. I vont it beck in vun piece, cause I was a bit drunk ven I put some stuff in and hef not hed time to mape the electronics out for ze next few ve build."

Frostbite resisted the temptation to roll his eyes. How much of it was Wandafar winding him up he didn't know, but the diminutive genius seemed immune to criticism so it appeared to be a waste of breath to rebuke him.

He walked on, and Frostbite saw several areas where partially assembled equipment - vehicles, weapons, robots and who knew what else - were kept in various hollowed out partitions. "Zis other thing?" said Wandafar. He stopped, looked at Frostbite and paused some. "How do you feel about some invasive surgery? Nothing too drastic, but you drool a lot afterwards I think. We can give you tissues or something."

He waited for a reply, before adding "No?"

With a shrug he walked on. "Ok, Ve not find out how zis sing come to you, maybe take as blessing it vorks, is useful, und make it more so, ja? So, I sink maybe ... hold on."

He fished about in what appeared to be a skip full of junk and scrap. Wandafar tossed some stuff out onto the floor, then move to another cove where he pulled goggles on and moments later was soldering. "Zis vill take a vile!" he shouted over the din. "Zere is drinks machine over there..." a rusted battered looking vending machine sat lop sided against a wall "I vill hef a number 32. Strong."

Carrying a pair of plastic cups, Frostbite returned and figured he might be best just going to the first name on the list, a chap called Guy St Ives, who lived in London. He was about to mention to Wandafar that he'd come back for the gadget, whenever it was done, when the racket stopped and the little man reached for his Hot Chocolate. "Here" he said, tossing a discus sized object, concave and big enough to...

Frostbite glanced down at his chest and the blue glowing dome.

"Bettery power is crep, but heh, 15 minutes or so. Zen needs charging. I vill stick you on ze list for something better vunce I fix all ze stuff bloody Yeoman has busted. He is plonker Rodney."

=========

Solarl turned to the man in the co-pilots chair. The interior of the Skyranger was plush, sturdy, comfortable. It looked like it could take a serious kicking thanks to the quality of the work that had gone into it. Wandafars' comment about needing to map it out left him uneasy, but the Skyranger hummed into life without drama.

Moments later it blasted through the late afternoon sky towards London.

"Closing in on the address. Nowhere to set down, so..." Said Solarl. She activated the rear door which opened up to reveal rows of London streets far below. They flew in the clouds for cover, and the Stealth mode kept the Skyranger off radar.

Frostbot stated "I have utilised a satellite navigation program to guide you to your destination. Crude, but effective." He made no mention of the disc and his potential to inhabit a physical form, but if ever a program could sound eager, Frostbite swore he could sense it in this one.

OOC You know (knew) Guy St Ives as Stormwarden of course, much missed Kendals' character. His address is a common or garden London terrace on an ordinary street. Time is... say, 1900, still daylight. Any plans or turn up in full hero garb and ask him what he's been up to? Bear in mind this is THIS realities version of Stormwarden. Your own was lost in the time stream a couple of years ago...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Sep 21 2014, 19:09

Admin wrote:Frostbot stated "I have utilised a satellite navigation  program to guide you to your destination. Crude, but effective." He made no mention of the disc and his potential to inhabit a physical form, but if ever a program could sound eager, Frostbite swore he could sense it in this one.

OOC You know (knew) Guy St Ives as Stormwarden of course, much missed Kendals' character. His address is a common or garden London terrace on an ordinary street. Time is... say, 1900, still daylight. Any plans or turn up in full hero garb and ask him what he's been up to? Bear in mind this is THIS realities version of Stormwarden. Your own was lost in the time stream a couple of years ago...

"Well my dear it looks like I get to try out these fancy new threads, so as not to draw to much attention.  Set me down over one of the buildings, I'll get down to street level best way I can and take it from there."  Frostbite said look across with a wink, before defrosting and moving to the back of the craft.  His suit began to destabilize and change to a smart looking suit.  "And I guess you'd best hang around and try not to get into trouble whilst I am gone..."

With that Frostbite leaped out of the craft, and onto the nearest roof, settling easily on it.  Looking around he saw the Roof access and walked over to it, slipping easily through the door and onto the stairwell beyond.  

OOC: Ok once down through the building I'll head out to the block I am looking for and try to make contact.  I am going to go with the idea that I am an insurance investigator, looking into cold cases.  And try and work off that to see if I can get some idea what and who Guy St Ives is in this contemporary situation.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 21 2014, 19:46

He frowned. Another drink of tea, sweeping blonde hair from his face. Huge hulking form hunched over a laptop.

Guy St Ives cast a critical eye over what he'd just written. Paying for this place meant his time wasn't much his own these days. All work and no play, and all that... He looked around the place. Barely bigger than the flat he'd lived in before, but with an extra bedroom and in a better area. It was a move up, but the time constraints meant any chance to do... other stuff ... was out the window. Fiona had sent four texts about the current piece, and he knew he was getting close to deadline. No time to waste then. Best get on with...

*Knock Knock*

'Who's there?' he was tempted to shout. Instead he sighed, walked over to the hallway and down to the front door, and opened it. Guy in a suit. Selling something probably.

"Make it quick mate, I'm busy" he said at the smaller fellow on the doorstep.

=========

Some... memory came to Joe's mind. He'd never met this guy but the hulking 6'6" massively built guy (no pun intended) filling the doorway was oh so very familiar...

The chap didn't seem best pleased to be interrupted. He was dressed in a t shirt and jeans that looked about to split thanks to what seemed to be bunched up cannonballs tucked underneath it. Superhuman strength manifested in different ways - Frostbite had never much thought about his own, but if this guy wasn't superhuman, he looked like he spent 3/4 of his life in the gym or lifting weights. Heavy ones.

"Guy St Ives?" asked Frostbite, and he got a nod to the affirmative.

"Come on pal, I'm on the clock here. Work to do. Bills to pay. What ya sellin? I swear if it's vacuum cleaners I will - politely - tell ya where to get off. Bloody hard sell merchants." growled St Ives.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Sep 21 2014, 20:54

Admin wrote:"Guy St Ives?" asked Frostbite, and he got a nod to the affirmative.

"Come on pal, I'm on the clock here. Work to do. Bills to pay. What ya sellin? I swear if it's vacuum cleaners I will - politely - tell ya where to get off. Bloody hard sell merchants." growled St Ives.

"Err yes" Frostbite said somewhat taken aback, "Looks like stormy weather...although I am not hear to sell you anything.  My name is Joe and I am an insurance investigator.  I believe you might want to hear what I have to say as it might leave you with a considerable sum of money." Greed was a lousy way to get a man interested, but Joe figured that within his apartment he might be able to find out a bit more about this guy.  Failing that, he'd send Frostbot to infect his computer and crawl over his life at least if he was on the up and up, Frostbite wanted to know about it and if not....

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:30

Guy raised an eyebrow, looked Joe up and down and shrugged. "You have five minutes. I'm a busy man though and by the time I've finished my tea, you'll be leaving, either to come back with a check or running from my boot. Don't wanna sound like I'm ungrateful but that's what comes when you have deadlines to work to and people come to the door."

He followed Joe in. Joe noted the place was fairly compact but that might have been highlighted somewhat by the stacks of books everywhere.

"Tea? Coffee? You're on the clock mate. Best start talking whilst the kettle is boiling." said Guy as he filled the kettle and glanced at the clock on the wall.

'He is a writer. 'Bulk' fiction is a genre I am unfamiliar with. There are also books that are factual and his current project is the 'history of the Grey Druids'. Curious.' said Frostbot. Clearly the sentient program had scoured through Guys computer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 22 2014, 21:40

Admin wrote:Guy raised an eyebrow, looked Joe up and down and shrugged. "You have five minutes. I'm a busy man though and by the time I've finished my tea, you'll be leaving, either to come back with a check or running from my boot. Don't wanna sound like I'm ungrateful but that's what comes when you have deadlines to work to and people come to the door."

He followed Joe in. Joe noted the place was fairly compact but that might have been highlighted somewhat by the stacks of books everywhere.

"Tea? Coffee? You're on the clock mate. Best start talking whilst the kettle is boiling." said Guy as he filled the kettle and glanced at the clock on the wall.

'He is a writer. 'Bulk' fiction is a genre I am unfamiliar with. There are also books that are factual and his current project is the 'history of the Grey Druids'. Curious.' said Frostbot. Clearly the sentient program had scoured through Guys computer.

"Hmm a writer, huh. Well my clients believed you were in a tussle sometime back.  Some super villains or something and they wanted to make sure that those caught up in the conflict didn't start blabbing.  So where prepared to make a generous settlement for the problem to go away.  I'm authorised to pay you a not inconsiderable sum, that might make your deadlines seem less...pressing shall we say."

Walking around the room, whilst Guy was fussing over the kettle, Frostbite cooled the tea pot stood to one side so that as Guy turned around it was covered in a super hard but almost invisible sheen of black hard ice.  

"What can you tell me about the eh...incident." Frostbite knew he might be playing a silly game, but it was one worth pursuing.  Something in his memory, or perhaps his predecessor, suggested some sort of conflict in a museum.  The jog from Frostbot in Grey Druids prompted something loose in Frostbites shared memories.  He knew that this might be wrong as this Guy St Ives, might have had no such dealings.  But in being purposefully vague, Frostbite hoped that something else might jog loose.  In any case he was running out of options, and going for the direct approach might soon be his only option.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 23 2014, 21:56

"Poxy kettle. Bloody water is cold." muttered Guy.

"Eh? Incident?" he said, looking up and narrowing his eyes. "What you on about? This a scam? PPI thing? Where there's blame there's a... Super Villains you say?"

His face hardened. "Who are you and what do you want."

Guy started to walk over to Joe - it was clear he intended to grab him and eject him... or worse!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 23 2014, 22:06

Admin wrote:"Poxy kettle. Bloody water is cold." muttered Guy.

"Eh? Incident?" he said, looking up and narrowing his eyes. "What you on about? This a scam? PPI thing? Where there's blame there's a... Super Villains you say?"

His face hardened. "Who are you and what do you want."

Guy started to walk over to Joe - it was clear he intended to grab him and eject him... or worse!

Frostbite backed up against the wall.  In for a penny...flashed quickly across his mind.  "Now look Mr St Ives, there is not need to get all a bluster.  This is all surely a misunderstanding, a storm in a teacup if you will." He ended with a nervous little laugh, but Joe was no actor, there was steel in his voice as well.  

OOC:
Ok lets see where Guy goes with this, I guess he might be super powered but trying to keep it on the down low, depending on what happens next, I think we might end up as Harry Hill would say, in a FIGHT!  But we'll see.  My one worry isn't that Guy isn't super powered, clearly his physic suggests he is, its more a question of who he is working for or where his allegiances lie.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 23 2014, 22:38

Guy grabbed a handful of Joe's shirt and hoisted him about a foot off the floor!

It was in that moment that Joe knew. Strong, given his size, sure. To most that would be convincing enough. Frostbite was apparently weightless to him though, and a heartbeat later Guy seemed to realise it too and dropped Joe. "You better leave pal. I don't know what your game is but I told you about wasting my time. I'm a busy man. Sorry for the rough treatment but if I don't get this finished by today I'm living on the street by the end of the week. Whatever money you think I'm entitled to, you're mistaken."

As if to further convince Joe he added "Sorry. Look, a few years ago I was ill for about a week. Doctors couldn't explain it. I was in a coma. I'm fine now. No harm done, life goes on. Not suing anyone, just getting on with life. And so should you. Now."

He grinned, without humour.

Somewhere within Joe, a memory. A week long coma. Battersea...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 24 2014, 08:13

Admin wrote:He grinned, without humour.

Somewhere within Joe, a memory. A week long coma. Battersea...

Joe latched onto the latent scrap of memory, willing it to materialise as the images and impression it contained came from somewhere long forgotten and long thought lost.  "A coma, hmm now your talking.  Funny thing those coma's a friend of mine had a similar problem.  Funny chap, frosty, ever since he came out of the big sleep.  Never quiet the same man, more a...what are they calling it these days?  Oh yes, a meta human.  One of those that the government wants to lock up or put on a short leash.  He was never one for that, sad thing was he had some friends who did a lot of good, before everything changed.  I don't suppose that you...no its fanciful, you wouldn't be one of those types, would you.  And I guess if you were I'd need to let the appropriate authorities know, wouldn't I."

Frostbite turned, leaving the bait of him going to the authorities about Guy St Ives, and any possible link to being a Meta Human hanging in the air.  He hoped that as he left the thought would play on St Ives and he'd either follow him, or make some kind of move that would illuminate his position.  Possible reach out to someone else.  However if nothing came of it, then maybe St Ives would already be in with the authorities, safe as he had nothing to hide if he'd already given his secrets away.  In any case, Frostbite felt that he owed it to the man to take things away form the apartment.  If something did start up between them, at least protecting his identity was the least he could do.  

"Well, I guess I could call...anyway, nice to have met you, and sorry that we couldn't find a way forward in our, eh little business." Frostbite added, as he reached for the door handle and went to leave.  

OOC: Ok so this is how I am trying to anticipate what happens next.  

If Guy stops me, then we'll take it from there.  Perhaps ham up the whole I'll go to the authorities if that gets a reaction from him.  If not, I'll go outside, change and double back, disperse and try and sneak back into his apartment so I can listen in on anything he says.  Have Frostbot tap his phone and email etc.  If however he follows me, I'll find the nearest suspicious alley to duck into and pretend to start calling the authorities, that way if he is worried about me, it will only force his hand.  Or at least I hope so.  If however nothing happens, he carries on as before, then perhaps as I said he's got nothing to hide, and its best I leave it and go onto the next one on the list.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 24 2014, 23:25

Joe had reached the door before Guy called him "Wait."

"You have me intrigued. Who are you? Really? It's up to you. Tell me, convince me it's the truth, and we'll continue to talk. Or say something else, and you leave here, but having given me the basis of a new book to research. Sounds like a fanciful story. Convince me you're a friend, that you're pestering me for a good reason."

"Do that and we can talk. Keep dancing about the truth and we will go our separate ways."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 25 2014, 08:07

Admin wrote:Joe had reached the door before Guy called him "Wait."

"You have me intrigued. Who are you? Really? It's up to you. Tell me, convince me it's the truth, and we'll continue to talk. Or say something else, and you leave here, but having given me the basis of a new book to research. Sounds like a fanciful story. Convince me you're a friend, that you're pestering me for a good reason."

"Do that and we can talk. Keep dancing about the truth and we will go our separate ways."

"Well since you put it like that..."  Frostbite changed before Guy's eyes.  He was a military man, not a spy and he preferred direct action that skulking around.  If Guy wasn't on the side of the angles, then he'd only brought that out quicker.  If he was, who Frostbite's predecessor seemed to feel he was, then this was probably the fastest way to jog some sort of discussion.  

I have no idea if this is helping or not, but my name is Frostbite, and I lead the group known as the Vanguard.  We have been brought here with no way back from where we once came and are looking to make a life and some sort of living with the people of this time.  Things are...different.  But are mission is the same, to use our powers, where we can, to help and not harm.  I believe at one time, maybe a time that no longer exists, you were once known as...."  Frostbite tried hard to dredge the name from deep within, it wasn't easy.  Like a Barnacle stuck to a rock, the name almost refused to be pried loose.  But then he suddenly burst out, "Stormwarden...you were once known as Stormwarden.

He looked up, whilst he waited for the look on Guy St Ive's face to settle as the shock settled in, Frostbite instructed Frostbot to infect the man's electronic devices.  He wanted to make sure that he wasn't about to be descended on by a contingent of Government goons, intent on taking him in.  He had no desire to nose about the man's private life, so told Frostbot to only look for relevant information, whilst he waited for a response.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 26 2014, 22:01

Guys eyes widened and he stepped back, taking in Frostbites' transformation.

"I ... knew someone like you. He was English though. Haven't heard from him in a while. We kept in touch via Facebook but I haven't had a reply for weeks. He said he felt funny, agitated, like something was wrong, but couldn't put his finger on it. Now you show up. You look... similar. The same name, probably the same powers..."

He narrowed his eyes. "If this is a trick of some kind..." Flexing his fists his eyes turned milky white... he was about to use his powers!

Frostbot spoke up in Joe's mind. 'I've attached myself to every file and program in Mr St Ives computer, and found something interesting. An outside agency has been spying on him. Everything he does on his computer is relayed to them. I could follow the trace, but whoever wrote the algorithm was ahead of their time. More than what this time era would deem to be 'an expert'. In other words they are prepared for such a trace and may have a nasty surprise prepared. That's your call.'

Guy softened his stance a little but added "I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I considered a career as a superhuman. There was someone else who tried to convince me, but they had no more luck than you. I don't want these powers, I don't know how I got them, and I'm no hero. I just help out when I can with quelling natural disasters."

Frostbite glanced at a bookshelf and saw various books on meteorology, and on the wall cut out newspaper headlines framed with such as 'Storm blows itself out, hundreds escape death' and 'Freak flash flood quashes fire, residents thankful for a miracle' among others.

"But... If you want help finding my friend, Joe Rigdon, I'll do it. No idea where to start though. Apart from that time at Battersea a few years ago, we kept in contact mostly via social media. I don't know if he became a superhero or whatever you call them."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Sep 26 2014, 22:16

Admin wrote:"I ... knew someone like you. He was English though.

"But... If you want help finding my friend, Joe Rigdon, I'll do it. No idea where to start though. Apart from that time at Battersea a few years ago, we kept in contact mostly via social media. I don't know if he became a superhero or whatever you call them."

Frostbite had to reckon that if someone was keeping tabs on Guy, with technology way advanced above this time line, then it could only mean trouble.  There was no telling if they only eaves dropped on his computer.  

A further complication was that the Joseph Rigdon of this time, might or might not be the one that was now present with him.  Not something that Frostbite felt like explaining before an audience, that might eaves drop on them in the apartment.  

"With the government types snooping around, I think it would be safer if I changed back and we went for a walk.  My computer tells me your's is already bugged...who knows what else is."  Frostbite nodded sagely indicating the room in hushed tones.  

"Come on, I've heard you can buy something called an Iced Mocha, sounds like fun." Even as he went for the door, and changed to something more casual as the ice about his body seemed to just evaporate in a matter of moments.  

OOC: I'll try and get Guy away and talk about what I know and what I think:  Namely how Frostbite jumped back but somehow landed in me.  We shared powers and still some memories, but the old Joe was to all intents and purposes gone.  Question was, despite Stormwarden not wanting to in fact be known as any such thing, someone clearly knows more about him and might well be interested in moving on him.  If he decided to stay he might fall pray to whoever it was at any time.  If however he came with me, then even if he didn't want to serve his country, at least he needn't suffer the indecency of being snooped on, any longer.  I am sure a new identity can be found.  

If he is interested I'll tell him about the purpose of my visit and my desire to see if there are other contacts, that we can enlist or at least be made aware of.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 26 2014, 22:50

Guy listened and couldn't help but glance about with paranoia to see if they were being followed.

"I don't need this right now. I've got too much on. Work, bills to pay..." he sighed. Sipping at the drink as they sat at a table outside a restaurant, he leaned back. "So, you want me to help you, protect and serve, go gallivanting around the country in tights and beat the stuffing out of bad people?"

He raised an eyebrow, then smiled. "Actually sounds like fun. That thing you mentioned though... being bugged? I would ask we find out who's doing that first. I don't like being spied on, and I DON'T want to wait around for someone less friendly to turn up unannounced. My life is mad enough as it is!"

"So where do we go from here?" he asked as he looked around at the throng of people going in every direction on the busy London Streets.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Sep 27 2014, 13:46

Admin wrote:Guy listened and couldn't help but glance about with paranoia to see if they were being followed.

"So where do we go from here?" he asked as he looked around at the throng of people going in every direction on the busy London Streets.

"Relax, the people who were clever enough to use the means they did to eaves drop on you, are more subtle than shady men in dark raincoats and black hats."  Frostbite noted the way Guy looked oddly at him, his lack of understanding about these times was clearly beginning to show. "If this is a case of you scratch my back, then in order to find out who is behind this we need to find out more about who planted what on your computer.  But I warn you its dangerous, these sorts of thing invariably are liking kicking a hornets nest.  If you are in, you've got to be all in.  Your life, those whom you love might already be in danger and after this will likely be a target.  I've friends who can help, but you've got to decide how far you are prepared to go if it means sorting this mess out?"

OOC:

Ok I am thinking that we take the computer and anything else Frostbot can find and whatever good Guy needs, before we bug out.  I guess we won't have long before someone comes poking around.  

Once Guy has made whatever arrangements he needs to get his loved ones to safety, I am sure our friends can help there, we either way to see who pokes around and pump them for clues, and if that fails we take what we've got back to the craft, and get Wandarfar on the job.  I'd rather not risk Frostbot being compromised.  But equally with this high tec tactics behind our mysterious evesdroppers, I am aware that unlike last time we do not want to allow someone to get past our security and snatch Wandarfar or all our cleverly kept secrets.  So we might need to contact our 'Stunted Scientist'©️.   Very Happy

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 28 2014, 22:20

Guy considered, then nodded. It seemed to him as if his life were being steered down a path he'd already decided not to follow.

"For the most part my family are scattered. Most of my friends too, save the industry types I hang about with, and we tend to go months without..." he said, voice trailing off.

Joe looked up, then followed Guys' gaze.

Through the crowd, across the road, stood in the shadows of an alley.

"What were you saying about shady men in dark raincoats and black hats?" chuckled Guy, getting up from his seat. "Like that one?"

It was too far away to make out details, but the dark clad figure stepped back a few steps into the shadows of the alley...

OOC Raincoat black hat is several hundred yards away, apparently watching/following you... The streets are busy, it's a pedestrian style precinct with limited traffic and throngs of shoppers and workers going every which way, so plenty of people about.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 29 2014, 08:08

Admin wrote:It was too far away to make out details, but the dark clad figure stepped back a few steps into the shadows of the alley...

OOC Raincoat black hat is several hundred yards away, apparently watching/following you... The streets are busy, it's a pedestrian style precinct with limited traffic and throngs of shoppers and workers going every which way, so plenty of people about.

Frostbite scanned the street, taking in the Alley as he went, seeming to casually stare as anyone would.  Strange that such an obvious tactic was being used, almost like someone was unfamiliar with covert ops in this time.  That or it was an obvious ploy aimed at disguising the real team closing in on them.  

"I'm tempted to let them capture us, its the most direct way to find out who and what is behind this.  However in these crowded streets, we cannot be sure our spies, will be as restrained in their efforts to avoid such a fate.  Lets slip through the coffee shop, and see if they come charging after us.  Perhaps a back alley might serve as a way to turn the tables."

Moving slowly but deliberately with a final glance and a confused look toward the Alley, Frostbite got up and shuffled Guy into the coffee shop, passing those within, Frostbite took a good look around.  "Frostbot anyone with an electronic device you can use to get a picture of the people following us and then email it to Wandafar see if we can't get some leads on these people.  If they come within distance and you can safely 'jack' their phones, do so.  But knowing a little of who we're up against and their sophisticated tec, it might prove too risky."

Moving through the back of the coffee shop, with barely a glance back, Frostbite propelled the big man, forward ignoring the protests of staff as they pushed on through the back kitchen and found a back door.  Beyond they stepped out, into what Frostbite hoped might be a means to set up an ambush.

OOC: Ok assuming what we step out into isn't a trap, having flushed us forward with the obvious 'spy', I plan to let Guy look like someone has knocked him to the floor, but to be ready.  And meanwhile I will change and float above the door, so that if someone of the likes of whom we've seen comes out the door, I'm ready for them.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 29 2014, 22:14

OOC Our hero comes direct from the past - didn't take him long to catch up with modern black ops style techniques Smile That said, he shares his mind with someone from the future, so it's not a great stretch to consider he would know something of emails, cctv and 'phone jacking' Smile

'Done' said Frostbot. 'There are four possible cameras that can cover the vicinity of this cafe. I have alerted Wandafar as to the circumstances requiring his using software and a sufficient database to reveal any unsavoury types.'

Guy raised an eyebrow. "You seem to have some experience with this sort of thing." He strode through the cafe, hulking form gently making a path towards the rear of the place.

Ignoring the protests of the staff who quickly quietened when Guy 'explained' that whilst they wanted to leave via a back entrance, he would appreciate it if no fuss were made so as to minimize disruption. The manageress would not be intimidated by Guy, so he plain ignored her and walked past, much to her indignation!

"Hey! You can't!"

"What in the..."

"Get Judy, these guys can't..."

The door opened to the back alley where the bins provided somewhere with enough cover for Frostbite to easily change costume without being seen.

"Now what?" said Guy, looking the 20m or so to the end of the alley in each direction. Aside from bins and access shutters, there was little of interest to the pair.

'There is an electronic surveillance device being used nearby. Look up.' stated Frostbot.

He did so, but saw ... no wait. Something. A shimmering? On the roof of the neighbouring building, he could have sworn there was someone up there, but he couldn't see them...

'I have jammed the signal but can glean no further information without getting closer.' explained Frostbot.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next