The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

3 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Admin Mon Aug 03 2020, 09:46

As Frostbite hissed his orders and started to move in, Frostbot spoke up in his mind. 'Having connected to your telephone and via that the internet, I was able to connect to the mansions computers and Wandafar in particular - who wants to run experiments on you because he has ambitions on 'cloning me'. He has monitored police channels and advised of multiple 999 calls describing 'imps' or 'demons' in the villages...'

That presented a problem. In the time since Nowhere Man's warning these things had been pouring through and were already out and about...

"Frostbite!" hissed Moon Girl, pressing an ear on the side of her all over masked face. "We have another problem! Reports of demons in the villages around this place!"

Stonehenge (the heroine) towered over her team mate and muttered "Damn. We'll have to sort that out."

Battlebug nodded. "Can't have them threatening innocents, Boss. What's the call?"

Frostbite glanced over at Steph/Reflex and JE'Nadenn (OOC need a heroine name for her. Sea girl? Silver Fish?) who waited at a distant stone for the wave/nod to go in.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9 - New team, old problems!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Aug 03 2020, 12:03

Admin wrote:Battlebug nodded. "Can't have them threatening innocents, Boss. What's the call?"

Frostbite glanced over at Steph/Reflex and JE'Nadenn (OOC need a heroine name for her. Sea girl? Silver Fish?) who waited at a distant stone for the wave/nod to go in.

"I think we go for plugging this hole and then sorting out what's left afterwards. If we split our forces we risk losing ground here and it won't make a difference what we do outside." It was a tough call, one Frostbite hated to make, as he knew people potentially many would be at great risk. But he had no idea what they were facing here and if this wasn't contained it would be far worse.

OOC: Ok we move as one to the whole fighting these things back and seeking for a way to plug this hole, disrupt the spell anything to stop it and then go get the other nasties out of here when we've done if we've done. I will lead with energy attacks on the wee beasties seeking to throw them back into the hole.

And whilst I am at it, I will suggest to Frostbot that he doesn't let Wandafar have any data pertaining to him. It wasn't that he didn't trust Wandafar, but there was enough going on right now, and he had more than enough to focus on cloning or messing about with Frostbot was not something that Frostbite wanted happening whilst he couldn't keep his eye on the ball.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 03 2020, 23:44

OOC Each hero will face three of these horrible little demon guys in the battle. I'll rattle out rounds as quick as I can but it's dependent on the Lore Knights (David M) and the Lionheart/Miss V game also bogging down battles as that slows stuff down for me...

Frostbot confirmed 'I advised Wandafar that I am not as other computer programs or even spirits, and that I have no idea on my real origin nor of any way to 'clone' me. In other words I told him to keep his hands off.'

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Stonehenge-round-1

Moon Girl states "good. No messing about. Let's get stuck in!"

She swoops through the air over the stone monument and blasts down with her hand a stream of darkness and with the other hand targets three creatures with a slightly different kind of energy blast, with a shimmering energy about it.

OOC Darkness reduces AV/Ov by 5... Each imp tries to see through it...
UlVision 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:17 (20) vs
Darkness 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:18 (23) Attempt failed

Ulvision 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:8 (11) vs
Darkness 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,12,+0 Total:15 (20) attempt failed

Ulvision 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,12,+0 Total:21 (24) vs
Darkness 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 (10) +5 (to 8) vs RV5=3 RAps. attempt succeeds.

Energy Blast 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: Roll(2d12)+0: 4,6,+0 Total:10 (24) vs
Multi Attack OV7 + Multi 4 + Range 3 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 11,2,12,2,+0 Total:23 (37) Blast Missed!

"Damn!" hisses the UkChampion. "They are pretty agile! Take them down one by one!"

Battlebug laughs out. "Gotcha. But I prefer to splat a few of these guys all in one go!"

OOC Multi push on three abilities - Adren Surge 21 + Roll(2d12)+0: Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:32 (53) vs
OV8 + Multi 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,9,+0 Total:13 (25) +7 (to 28) vs RV8 + Multi 4 (RV12)=16 RAPs

Dex + 16 (24), Str + 16 (22), Pow Reserve +16 (23)

Power Reserve adds +7 to Kinetic Absorption (11), +5 to Jumping (11) +7 Energy Absorption (12) +4 Analytical Smell (8)

MULTI ATTACK and CRIT BLOW Dex 24 + 4D m Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 2,10,12,2,7,1,+0 Total:22 (46) vs
OV7 + Multi 4 + Crit Blow 4 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,8,8,6,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:29 (44)

+2 (to 24) vs RV 8 + Multi 4 - Crit Blow -6 (RV6)=18 RAPs. THREE OF THE IMPS DOWN. 15/18 Remaining. (BBugs are down and OUT)

Despite the imps immolating themselves, being fiery laughing cackling creatures in the darkness, Battlebug hops and bounces about, thrusting feet, fists and even head butting one as he jabbers on about not respecting the borders clearly marking Stonehenge as being off limits to visitors and to clean up your rubbish after you've left and so on.

POCK! POW! WALLOP!

Three Demons VANISH and Battlebug lands atop a stone looking down at the others. "So... what's the call Boss? Sit it out now I took down my three or can I wallop some more of these goons?"

"What...?" spluttered Moon Girl. "How on earth did you... who ARE you, boy?"

"Sigh... Ok I can't see you under that mask but maybe we're not so different in age and I'll forgive you for the boy remark if you buy the first round on our date. And the second." replied Battlebug.

Stonehenge laughs out loud "Ha! He's the one mentioned in Atomica's report! She talks about Frostbite then mentions someone called Flea..." she stomps over to three of the fiery imps and takes a swing at them!

OOC MULTI ATTACK ON THREE Stonehenge AV9 + 4D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 5,4,5,2,4,4,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,11,+0 Total:28 (37) vs
OV7 + Multi 4 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,5,4,1,+0 Total:9 (20) +6 (to 24) vs RV8 + 4 Multi (RV12)=12 RAPs. THREE MORE IMPS are taken out now down to 12/18 STONEHENGE AND BATBUG HAVE TAKEN THEIRS OUT

"Anything you can do...?" laughed Stonehenge as she battered the Imps with huge stone fists and even the youngster was impressed! "WOW!" he muttered. "Ok... I'll see you your three... and raise you to ... SIX next time!" laughed Battlebug.

"i... cannot approach their flames." said JE'Nadenn. "Perhaps if I uproot one of these stones and hit them with..."

"NOOOO!" screamed the Vanguard and UKChampions as one, eager to preserve the ancient monument without superhuman interference.

OOC Frostbite to act then the remaining Demons and finally Reflex who needs to drain one to add to her abilities...

How are you applying your Power Reserve? To Energy Blast (from 12 to 22)? Using Fluid Form (5) I presume to add to your defence? Remember you are vulnerable to fire which these guys blast so attack from a distance and use Acrobatics for defence! Finally Multi Attack on three (or more?) and Crit Blow or Devastating Attack or just a plain standard shot (which might be enough)?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Aug 04 2020, 13:23

Admin wrote:OOC Frostbite to act then the remaining Demons and finally Reflex who needs to drain one to add to her abilities...

How are you applying your Power Reserve? To Energy Blast (from 12 to 22)? Using Fluid Form (5) I presume to add to your defence? Remember you are vulnerable to fire which these guys blast so attack from a distance and use Acrobatics for defence! Finally Multi Attack on three (or more?) and Crit Blow or Devastating Attack or just a plain standard shot (which might be enough)?

Frostbite was relieved to hear of Frostbot's candid warning to Wandafar and brought his attention back to the goings-on before him. With a thumbs up to Battle Bug, seeing these creatures firey nature, Frostbite held something back for defence, whilst blast liberally with his Frostblast energy attack.

OOC: OK best go for Devastating attack, on two not three as it might be a bit much, and yeah defence for power reserve, or if I can split it (I can never remember all the nuances of these rules) I will do 50/50 attack and defence, or is that only martial arts?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 05 2020, 00:38

OOC Martial Artist only adds extra dice when in hand to hand combat whilst Acrobatics adds to defence against everything. It's why I need to get round to recosting everything because Acrobatics was pretty hopeless before (you lost your attack if you used it) and now it's brilliant because it makes your defence pretty good all the time. I also need to add a skill with *every single power*. That means when you use your power you roll extra dice as if you had a skill that applied. Also for making Perception rolls to spot stuff.

It's on my list o stuff to do when I find a spare life ... Very Happy

In the meantime always be rest assured I will NEVER use the rules against you. You are here to RP not wrestle with rules and they are a means to an end rather than the end itself...

To hit these guys with a Devastating Attack you'll need to pile a bunch of points into your energy blast (from 12 to 22) to make it easier to hit. However with that high an attack I would have thought you don't need to use a Devastating Attack or a Crit Blow at all. So we'll try this...

Frostbite will attack his three AND one of Reflexs' and not go for a crit blow or dev attack. The thinking behind this is that 22 Acting Value (his aim) is so good against the bad guys he's very likely to hit and his 22 Effect Value (his damage) even against four opponents is very likely to smear them into the floor. For some perspective Frostbite could probably give Superman a very hard time.

Fluid Form (with partial fluidity so one hand is still solid and able to attack) will also help with defence.

Right, that said I just got in from work and need to hit the sack but we'll do this first...

MULTI ATTACK ON FOUR Frostbite Energy Blast 22 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:25 (47) vs
OV7 + 4 Multi + range 3 + 2D Acrobatics + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,4,4,6,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:26 (40)
+4 (to 26EV) vs RV8 + 4 (multi attack so RV12)=14 RAPs damage.

BOOM all four go down. EIGHT IMPS REMAIN. FROSTBITE, BATTLEBUG and STONEHENGE HAVE TAKEN OUT THEIR OPPONENTS AND REFLEX HAS TWO REMAINING.

Frostbite shows the others how it's done without expending much in the way of effort! Blasting his powerful energy beam through the darkness and pounds four of the imps into the ground!

Battlebug laughs out loud "Four! FOUR! RIGHT! Someone hold my beer!"

Of the eight remaining three are holding the gate open seemingly. The remaining five breath fire from their mouths in powerful jets!

OOC Attack on Frostbite Fire Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (33) vs
OV15 + Range 3 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,5,6,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:24 (42) attack Missed

Attack on Battlebug Fire Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (33) vs
OV24 + range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,8,+0 Total:12 (38) attack Missed

Attack on Battlebug Fire blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,8,+0 Total:19 (32) vs
OV24 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:20 (46) attack Missed

Frostbite flew through the air and around the fire column whilst Battlebug sat on the stone column and weaved slightly to the left or the right and rolling back occasionally as he jabbered away and the fire passed within inches of him. "Ok, so who thinks I can nail eight? Huh? Is that the challenge?"

"The boy is insufferable." hissed Moon Girl. However Frostbite noted she didn't complain about him drawing attacks away from her...

OOC Attack on Stonehenge Fire Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (31) vs
OV9 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (25)
+3 (to 16 EV) vs RV22. No damage

Despite a blast coating Stonehenge in fire, she laughs out loud. "Tickles!" she declares.

One of the Imps moves to blast at a defenceless Reflex and vulnerable JE'Nedann. Suddenly battlebug stands up and yells "You! Yo! Hey! Here! Demon! Check me out!" and turns to wave his butt at the demon who can't resist it!

OOC Fire Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,7,+0 Total:12 (25) vs
Ov24 + range 2 - modifier for making himself a target 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (40) Attack Missed.

Despite making himself easy to hit Battlebugs' superhuman reflexes allow him to wait till the very last second then step aside from the blast. He spins and rolls his neck. "Enough messing about. These guys are going DOWN!"

Moon Girl flies past Frostbite and he hears her mutter "The boy is an idiot... but I'm glad he's on our side...Oh be quiet Stonehenge! he is NOT cool!" over her comms with her UKChampions team mate.

Reflex rose from behind a stone and thrust a hand out. Without draining life force she was an ordinary person and needed to drain something to boost her abilities.

OOC Vampirism 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,11,+0 Total:12 (23) vs
OV7 + 2D Acro + Range 2 + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,2,11,5,+0 Total:18 (27) Attack Missed.

OOC eeek I've run out of time.. End of round I will resolve the next one in a few hours when I get up!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 05 2020, 09:46

As Frostbite looked down on the battlefield he saw the strange shimmering square of darkness and three Imps still around it, pulling for all they were worth...

He was about to call out more orders when a large hand reached out and grabbed about, snatching onto an Imp who squealed and pulling... the Imp started to flap its wings and drag and the hand turned into an arm, a shoulder, a chest...

Something altogether bigger dragged itself from the portal, rolled its neck and grinned.

It barked something at the Imps and they pulled harder at the portal... where the edges of another similarly large hand started to appear...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Demon-from-portal

"Uhhh... what's that?" asked Battlebug.

"Who cares? Blast it!" shouted Moongirl from the air above stonehenge.

Stonehenge (the heroine) strode forward. "I'll take care of it! Take out those imps!"

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Stonehenge-round-2

OOC initiative. Order:

FROSTBITE
Moon Girl
Battlebug
Etrigan (the newcomer)
JE'nedann
Stonehenge
The remaining eight imps
Reflex (yet to drain someone)

As per previous, looking at Frostys character sheet...

His best attack is 10APs power reserve added to Energy Blast to make 22APs energy blast. Buy dice to attack with if required with HP.
His best defence is Fluid Form 5 which gives him an Opposing Value (how hard he is to hit) of 15 and Resistance Value (how hard to damage) of 16 using 2 Acrobatics for defence.
Crit Blow makes it harder to hit but maybe worth a shot. Devastating Attack much harder to hit but delivers a powerful hit.

This demon has a hero point store. Just so you know. And more of his kind are coming through the hole!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Aug 05 2020, 13:39

Admin wrote:This demon has a hero point store. Just so you know. And more of his kind are coming through the hole![/i][/color]

OOC: Thanks for the info and updates on what is happening. Much appreciated

Frostbite called out to the others, "Battle Bug, Moon Girl the remaining imps we get them we might get to close the door. JE'Nadenn, stay close to Reflex, Stonehenge with me to get that big guy and send him back where he belongs."

And with that Frostbite poured his considerable reserves into his energy attack, if it was true that fire effected him badly he hoped that his attack of ice would affect the demons badly as well.

OOC: OK going for Devastating attack against them full energy reserve going into the attack as well, to try and kick them back to where they belong and hoping other imps can be taken down so the hold might be closed rather than widened further.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 05 2020, 16:03

Frostbite swooped down over the battlefield and shot at his foe from twenty feet off the ground!

Pouring all of his energy into the blast he knew he'd have to make it count - if more of these more powerful types came through... who knew what then might follow?

OOC DEV ATTACK Energy Blast 22 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,7,+0 Total:17 (39) vs
OV9 + range 1 + dev attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,11,+0 Total:18 (36) +2 (to EV24) vs RV21 - 12 (DA) so RV9=15RAPs damage. Etrigan must absorb 4 damage (10HP leaving him on 30HP) to stay on his feet but is STUNNED and cannot attack this round... or the next! Etrigan Body 1/12

"Arrrgh! The power!" screamed the demon as it staggered back and reeled... "Minions! Defend your lord!" it screamed!

Moon Girl cloaked the three imps at the portal with darkness...

Rather than blasting at all three this time she took aim at one...

OOC Imp tries to see through the darkness with Ultra Vision 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:13 (16) vs
Darkness 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:31 (36) Imp FAILS

Cloaked in darkness the Imp cries out "Master! I cannot see!"

It doesn't see the blast coming its way either!

OOC Energy Blast 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,7,+0 Total:12 (26) vs
OV7 + Range 2 - Darkness 5 + 2D Acrobatics + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,10,5,7,+0 Total:17 (21) +3 (to 17EV) vs RV8=9 Damage. Another Imp is DOWN and OUT meaning SEVEN IMPS left (Two for Moongirl, Three for JE'Nadenn and Two for Reflex)

There is a rumbling sound as the portal begins to weaken... and a roaring from the other side!

"The gate fools!" roared the Demon Frostbite had zapped "Hold the gate!"

"Gate THIS!" shouted Battlebug as he hopped down from the stone pedestal and started bouncing about, lashing out with fists and feet!

OOC GO FOR BROKE +4/-6 Adrenaline Surge 21 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,11,+0 Total:12 (33) vs
OV7 + 4 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,5,+0 Total:6 (17) +6 (to 27) vs RV7 - 6GFB so RV1=26RAPs. Power Reserve boosts to 34APs.

+18 Dex (to 26) +16 Str (to 22)

MULTI ATTACK (on 7) CRIT BLOW Dex 26 + 4D m Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 9,8,5,12,7,5,+0 Total: 21 (47) vs
OV7 + Crit Blow 4 + Multi attack 6 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,10,5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:17 (34) +5 (to 27) vs RV8 - Crit Blow 6 so RV2=25 RAPs. ALL REMAINING IMPS ARE DOWN AND OUT!

With incredible agility the youngster bounds about and rams a steel hard fist out, a kick there, elbow, knee, headbutt, uppercut and a karate chop ... and the scattered bodies of the Imps fly everywhere... before they vanish!

The rumbling increases and the portal suddenly vanishes! It slices through a leathery hand which writhes on the ground before bursting into flames!

"What the...?" spluttered Stonehenge. "I didn't even see him move! How can... but... what...?"

Moon Girl spits "Can the fan girl act and whack the demon!"

Stonehenge takes a moment to glower at her UKChampions team mate and swings at the stunned Demon!

OOC CRIT BLOW Dex 9 + M Arts 4D + Roll(6d12)+0: 4,2,12,2,8,10,+0 Total:22 (31) vs
OV9 + 4 Crit Blow + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:7 (20) +5 (to 23) vs RV21 - 6Crit Blow so 15RV=8 RAPs damage. The Demon goes DOWN and OUT 0/12 Body 30HP remaining...

SMACK! The huge stone fist rams into the Demons face and pounds him into the floor with a cloud of dust.

"Wow!" said Battlebug, landing to perch on her wide stone shoulder (she looks like a collection of stonehenge type slabs) next to her head which is several feet high and wide. "Remind me never to annoy you!" he laughs. The stone face breaks into a smile of sorts and she turns to Frostbite. "They are gone from here, but we have problems in the villages! Also... this one hasn't disappeared like the others... and..."

JE'Nadenn moved in now that the fiery imps were gone. "Look at the bruises on his face!"

His yellow skin had turned dark purple after that last terrific punch and was rapidly changing back to yellow. "Can it be he heals as fast as he is injured?" asked the Atlantean.

"How can we keep him down then, without killing him?" asked Reflex. "Sorry for not getting in there boss. I need to drain something first or I'm just part of the scenery..."

Battlebug hopped down beside her, looking up slightly at the tall Vanguardian. "But what fabulous scenery you are!" he swayed out of the way of her playful sweep of the hand and BBug added "Call her off! She's got a point boss...this guy STINKS of ... of magic. And sulfur. We can't deal with that, can we?"

"Some of the UKChampions can. Some of us should watch him and make sure he doesn't get up again. Or we take him with us and keep pounding him to make sure he stays..." said Moon Girl.

"Uuuuurggggh." growled the Demon as it moved slowly, starting to stir...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Aug 05 2020, 16:48

Admin wrote:Battlebug hopped down beside her, looking up slightly at the tall Vanguardian. "But what fabulous scenery you are!" he swayed out of the way of her playful sweep of the hand and BBug added "Call her off! She's got a point boss...this guy STINKS of ... of magic. And sulfur. We can't deal with that, can we?"

"Some of the UKChampions can. Some of us should watch him and make sure he doesn't get up again. Or we take him with us and keep pounding him to make sure he stays..." said Moon Girl.

"Uuuuurggggh." growled the Demon as it moved slowly, starting to stir...

"Here is how we play things, Stonehenge and Moon girl you watch this fella and keep him from reopening that portal. Call in the reserves and get him sent home and this place protected. And make sure they know how urgent this is. Since I hold the broom..." Frostbite pulled a face at this point at the incredulity of it all, "the imps might well seek me even as we chase them down. We'll get them, and be back as quick as we can."

Then turning to his teammates, he quickly said, "We'll call in our transport and get going, Reflex you might well get to be more than scenery, it was over before it began and for that, I am thankful so you need not worry. The wind was in our favour but we've still got some clearing up to do."

Calling in their ship Frostbite moved with the team over and away from the ancient monument to where they would safely board their VTOL craft and chase imps.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 05 2020, 20:23

Catherine moved in with the Vanguard flyer whilst Moon Girl muttered "Did that guy just bench us? Why are they not in the UKChampions?"

Stonehenge, great blocky stone head tilted to the side, 'blew a kiss' at Battlebug who gave a nervous wave. "Can't see that working." he muttered as he marched up the ramp onto the flier.

Moongirl zapped the downed Demon when he tried to get up, and Stonehenge stomped him for good measure.

As Reflex and JE'Nedann were boarding Moon Girl came over. "If you ever want to 'go official' let me know. Atomica vouched for you... and so will I. As much as I grind my teeth against it, the boy would be welcome too. He's too powerful to be left running about without adult supervision."

Catherine looked over her shoulder as Frostbite moved into the cabin. "Made some new friends? That was short and sweet, but only the start I fear. Comms traffic is picking up multiples of 999s in the villages and towns nearby." she flicked a switch to call out over the comms in the craft "Hold on! This will be a HOT DROP!"

With that she punched the VTOL power up then tilted the nose forward to the first of the villages. Even from this distance they could see boiling flames rolling up in sky in a number of spots and a gas mains exploded at a house, lighting up the sky. The engines roared and Catherine swooped in "Time to evac... 5... 4... hatch open... 2... 1... go, go go!"

Frostbite left the cockpit and saw the others. Battlebug was at the hatch and raring to go. JE'Nedann looked reluctant but would do her duty. Reflex looked annoyed but ready to make amends.

"Say the word Boss." shouted Battlebug.

Below, the streets laid out and scurrying forms of civilians and imps could be seen. A car was set alight. It was bedlam out there!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 06 2020, 09:16

Admin wrote:"Say the word Boss." shouted Battlebug.

Below, the streets laid out and scurrying forms of civilians and imps could be seen. A car was set alight. It was bedlam out there!

Turning to the team Frostbite laid out his plan, "Reflex you and JE'Nedann get yourself in a position to help where you can, get to the water and or a touch on them but protect people, put out fires if you can and protect our rear. Me and you Kid are going to sweep forward mopping these things up as best we can, I'll take above you go from the ground and we'll sweep forward as we go. And Reflex, Steph, be careful if you get these things abilities great, but we're dealing with magic here so...you know all bets are off. Right lets go!"

And with that Frostbite lead the way as he descended to the streets below.

OOC: Ok using ice barriers to contain the critters and Energy blast to send back where they came from. ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 06 2020, 15:41

Frostbite formed ultra hard steel strength ice barriers to coop up the Imps as they cackled and ran about. They used flames against the ice but more or less made little in the way of impact.

Battlebug landed in the midst of a group and grabbed one, smashing it into another and booting another like a football.

"Get back indoors! We are the VANGUARD, and we are here to help!" he shouted at citizens who were a mix between panicking and taking pictures on their phones.

Frostbite swooped down and grabbed an Imp from behind only to leap back as it burst into flames and he wisely flew up out of reach again. From his hands he blasted time and again and battered Imps into the floor. Though powerful in their own was they faced the two most powerful Vanguardians and they worked through the Imps where they turned up.

Reflex managed to drain one, then another and get into the fight at last but she struggled against more than one or two in a group. JE'Nedann was less effective and concentrated on hoarding people away and swinging a torn up lampost to keep the Imps away.

"Uh boss?" asked Battlebug over the comms.

TWO more creatures like that they'd put down at Stonehenge - the more powerful types - were moving through the burning streets and tossing cars aside like they were made of paper.

"Take one each? Be careful, flames and all that." suggested Battlebug. "Or... I dunno, I could take both on?" he said doubtfully as he backhanded another Imp which flew through the air and vanished!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 06 2020, 17:29

Admin wrote:"Take one each? Be careful, flames and all that." suggested Battlebug. "Or... I dunno, I could take both on?" he said doubtfully as he backhanded another Imp which flew through the air and vanished!

"Don't get cocky, you're good but if your powers suddenly stop then we're all in trouble. Let's take em on together. What worries me is that there might be another portal opened up, you saw how the Imps were the means to pull them through. We've got to find out how they are getting in, and stop them, once we stop these ones."

With that Frostbite swooped down and took aim at the furthest of the two, so that BBug could aim at the closer one. But the bigger unresolved issue is where had they come from?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 06 2020, 20:47

"The portal may have been open for a while..." stated Battlebug as he closed in on a fire breathing Demon who turned and snarled at him.

The big creature towered over the youngster in the green padded body suit and looked to be able to crush him with a single blow!

"So I'm thinking..." said BBug over the screams and roar of flames from burning cars... "If the UKChampions keep the other guy down and stop the gate from opening... all we need to do is whack these guys, and check out the other villages?" before he delivered a chopping uppercut! An imp went flying then vanished in mid air as it needed to be conscious to maintain a link with this dimension. The stronger, more powerful demons Frostbite and Battlebug faced appeared to be made of sterner stuff though...

OOC Initiative...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Street-battle-in-village-round-1

Need to update Reflex but she's on crowd control with JE'Nedann.

Both demons act first! Uh oh.

Attack on Frostbite who is 70 feet or so up (3APs range)...

Magic Blast 16 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,3,+0 Total:12 (28) vs
OV9 + Range 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:22 (34) MISSED! Somehow.

Frostbite swooped through the sky and avoided a strange green beam that sparkled and flared with ominous potency...

'Magic' stated Frostbot.

Glancing down at his young overconfident team mate Frostbite suddenly felt a cold shudder run down his spine. The boy WAS powerful, with an as yet unmeasured, untapped potential that could see him into Class 4 or even 5 levels, but a blast here in the street could end it all for him!

OOC Attack On Battlebug CRIT BLOW Magic Blast 16 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8 (24) vs
OV5 + 4 Crit Blow + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:16 (25) Missed! JUST!

Battlebug yelped "Yow! What is that? He missed and I still feel like something was taken from me... are my underpants still on?"

Despite his bravado both the youngster and the hero in the sky knew that Blast would have flattened the boy, perhaps even killed him!

Battlebug rattled, shaken, rallied nonetheless and attempted to deliver a jarring uppercut to the Demon!

OOC Adren Surge GO FOR BROKE +8/-12 A Surge 21 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:13 (34) vs
Power Reserve 7 + 8 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,1,+0 Total:9 (24) +4 (to 25) vs RV7 -12GFB so RV -5=30 RAPs. Power Reserve is boosted to 37.

Dex jumps twenty points (to 28) and strength 17 points (to 23)

DEV ATTACK Dex 28 + 4D M Artist + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,3,8,3,8,10,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,1,+0 Total:29 (57) vs
OV9 + 8 DEV ATT + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,2,+0 Total:12 (29)
+7 (to 30) vs RV 21 - 12 Dev Att so RV9=21 RAPs damage. The Demon IS OUT for the COUNT. 0 Body.

Ducking under several more magic blasts Battlebug ducks down then rises up with an uppercut that goes with a resounding CRACK! and the Demon flies up through the air, passing Frostbite in the sky and landing over 100 feet away in someones back garden.

The boy barely spares a breath before twisting and shouting "BOSS! We gotta keep em down somehow! They heal fast remember!"

Frostbite nodded, circling his target then fired downwards...

OOC DEV ATTACK Energy Blast 22 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (45) vs
OV9 + range 3 + DEV ATTACK 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,7,+0 Total:15 (35)
+4 (to 26) vs RV21 - 12 Dev Att so RV9=17 RAPs damage. The Demon goes DOWN and is OUT with 0 Body.

With an accurate, resounding shot Frostbite hits the demon almost as hard as Battlebug had and sends the Demon crashing through the side of a van which was on fire anyway and tips over with a groan of metal.

The imps screech in horror at their 'bosses' being swatted aside so easily and seem to congregate from every direction all in one mass....

To create another of the demons!

The imps are gone, leaving one more powerful Demon (of the type BBug and Frosty just beat) in its place! The ground around it glows with a strange circle and pentagram burning in the tarmac of the road and the creature is a mess of morphing skin and lumps and bumps as each new imp jumps inside of it, building up its size and bulk.

With a few heartbeats, and steaming, the creature steps from the circle and roars its defiance!

Reflex shouts from down the street "Frostbite! All the Imps are... are gone!"

Frostbite had a new problem.

One Demon was on its feet and angry, two more were down and out but would be getting up soon....

OOC NEW ROUND

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Street-battle-in-village-round-2

The big demon turned its head at Battlebug. With the boys adrenaline wearing off as fast as he gained it he was momentarily slowed and Frostbite noted his glaring weakness. With a fast opponent they could act BEFORE he supercharged his body!

"oooohboy." muttered Battlebug as the Demon marched up to him and SLAMMED a HUGE fist down on top of the youngster!

OOC The demon uses an Auto action to cast Density Increase 8 (with the bonus increases str and does not reduce dex) giving it Dex 9 Str 18 RV 20. Battlebug puts his 7 power reserve into Kinetic Absorption (11). He has a Die and another action remaining.
AV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:18 (27) vs
OV8 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,10,8,1,+0 Total:18 (26)
+1 (to 19EV) vs RV10=9RAPs damage...All absorbed by Kinetic Absorption. Another 3 points would see Battlebug having to take all 12 damage...

The Demon is (for once) faster than the youngster who stands his ground.

"Get out of the way!" screams JE'Nadenn. "Move you idiot!"

Reflex runs forward "Flea! Move it!"

Instead the boy 'catches' the huge fist with his own hands and all present see a sort of 'shock wave' burst outwards around the teenager... and suddenly be 'sucked' back into him just as fast as he takes a couple of tottering steps back!

"By the fiery visage of Vassagoth!" snarls the Demon. "How can you withstand such a blow? You, a mere stripling???"

"You know..." snarls Battlebug... "I'm getting pretty tired of everyone..."

OOC ADREN SURGE GO FOR BROKE +8/-12 Adren Surge 21 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (39) vs
OV7 + GFB 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:16 (31)
+4 (to 25) vs RV7 - GFB12 so RV-5=30RAPs. Power Reserve to 37APs.

20 to Dex (28), 17 to Str (23)

DEV ATTACK AV28 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,2,11,12,+0 Total:23 (51) vs
OV9 + 8 D Att + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,12,+0 Total:13 (30)
+6 (to 29) vs RV20 - 12 D Att so RV8=21RAPs damage. The Demon is DOWN and OUT!

"CALLING ME BOY!" he roars and THHHHHWAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! sends the Demon flying up into the sky again and past Frostbite to go crashing down into a field behind a row of houses, creating a twenty foot wide crater!

Suddenly the street was silent but Frostbite knew these creatures recovered almost as fast as they went down!

"Who are they?" asked one bewildered man, face sooted and helping up his dazed neighbour.

"They..." gasped one teenage girl, filming the whole thing on her phone... "ARE THE VANGUARD!" she yells... "That's FROSTBITE... and that's... uhhh."

Battlebug shook his head. "I need to get a PR Agent..." he sighed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Aug 06 2020, 21:15

Admin wrote:"They..." gasped one teenage girl, filming the whole thing on her phone... "ARE THE VANGUARD!" she yells... "That's FROSTBITE... and that's... uhhh."

Battlebug shook his head. "I need to get a PR Agent..." he sighed.

Coating the demons in super hard ice, Frostbite motioned to the others.  "We've got to get them to Henge and into that portal or whatever the UKChampions cand do to keep these things from being a king size pain till we round up the other imps."

With the others unable to help, Frostbite orders Reflex, JE'Nadenn with Catherine to mop things up here (Catherine needs a code name as well as JE'Nadenn) and Battle Bug can help keep the demons out whilst Frostbite flew them coated in ice back to the ancient neolithic structure.  

OOC: Hoping that the UKChampions have a way to keep these things from coming back at us, so we can down the rest.  If it's not too late when we finish I might yet get to Catherine out ;-)  or is that famous last words!!!!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 07 2020, 07:16

OOC By the way, one of the other players (David M - who runs the Haunt) wants to start up another campaign (alongside all those already running in the same game world) with starting characters in street level adventures. Any interest in joining in? I should have asked last month but I've been up to my eyes and not really able to juggle other stuff but it shouldn't be too bad now. I may also see if people from outside the group fancy joining in to get a group of players together about 3-5 in number...

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 07 2020, 07:32

Forming ultra hard ice (15ap!) around the fallen creatures with three separate blasts Frostbite hoped it would hold these things.

A masked Catherine emerges from the Vanguard Flyer to help people to their feet and uses a fire extinguisher to put out some of the smaller fires whilst Frostbite tackles the bigger ones.

BattleBug lifts an ice cube entrapped Demon up and gathers himself to jump...

OOC Adren Surge 21 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0 Total:15 (36) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (25)
+5 EV (to 26) vs RV7=19RAPs added to Power Reserve 7 for 26.

10 Added to Dex, 16 to Jumping

Battlebug vanishes, leaping high, fast and far... there is a BOOM in the air high above that makes people jump but most are simply glad to still be alive. Some require medical attention and Catherine comes up as Frostbite subdues an angry thrashing Demon with a blast to the head. "We can't stay here Frosty." she says through the half face mask. "There are two more villages with continuing reports of those Imp things running loose. The Police are on site and SMITE is on the way. The UKChampions have scrambled more of their number to the site. Until they get there we're the front and only ..."

BOOOM!

With a sonic boom cracking high overhead Battlebug lands lightly in an exaggerated superhero crouch and jogs over to Frostbite and Catherine Stowe. "Uh guys, we have a problem. Stonehenge - the lady not the monument - was watching the Demon we dropped whilst the moody one called her buddies and the Demon got loose. Zapped Stonehenge, skipped off into the night. I left Moon Girl to watch the one I just dropped off but this is like trying to round up a herd of sheep... corral some and others rush off in a different direction." he sighed. "I really don't like those green blasts they come out with. Energy, getting punched int he head... I can deal with. But... magic?"

Reflex ran up. "We've been getting people out of the houses. Some have collapsed and there's a smell of gas. I left the fish lady at it but fire saps her strength. We need fire and emergency services here."

Frostbite rubbed his eyes. This wasn't going to be a short or an easy night...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 07 2020, 11:57

ooc: My original premise behind the idea of us teaming up as newbie heroes is that we were college buddies who made a vow that if we ever somehow got superpowers, we would form our own team of superheroes and fight crime together. We all got powers somehow or other over the six years or so since making that vow, each in our own way, got in contact with each other and are now teaming up.

The other part of the idea was that we would be in a different time period instead of modern era. I'm suggesting we do that sweet spot between the end of the Golden Age and the rise of the Silver Age. So 1953-1956. The publication of the Barry Allen/Flash in 1956 in Showcase Comics is considered the marking point for the start of the Silver Age.

Things that would affect us if we are in the mid-50s: Schlocky Sci-Fi. Commies. Beginning of the Space Race. Rock n Roll. Korean War has ended. Castro hasn't taken control of Cuba. Rise of TV.

Here's the Out of Character chat where I was looking at superheroes of the Golden Age ending publication and short lived 50s supers.

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com/t217-superheroes-published-between-1951-and-1956-dead-space-between-golden-age-and-silver-age#14393

The other ideas is to be set during WW2, starting say late 1941 or being set near the end or right after WW2, say late 1945.

I've created Lightning Bullet for this group adventure if we have one.
https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com/t214-lightning-bullet-a-new-hero
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Aug 07 2020, 16:40

Admin wrote:Reflex ran up. "We've been getting people out of the houses. Some have collapsed and there's a smell of gas. I left the fish lady at it but fire saps her strength. We need fire and emergency services here."

Frostbite rubbed his eyes. This wasn't going to be a short or an easy night...

Frostbite held up a hand whilst he spoke to Frostbot. 'I'm running out of people here, can you get fire services to us here. And we'd best keep a running dialogue going with the others. Justin St John's might know some of the old Lore Knights who are still running around, we need mystical support and we need it urgently or this breach is going to widen and we won't be able to contain it.'

Turning back to the others, "Reflex go support JE'Nadenn, BBug, I need you to transport these guys and help Moon Girl keep them down. I can't have her fight them alone but stay open on coms, I have a feeling that Stonehenge is going to the place they concentrate their efforts to breakthrough. If the UK Champions send help, come find us. Understood." Frostbite said this last word with a word of caution, putting his hand on the Bug's shoulder to add weight to what he was asking.

"Ca...err, Pilot...hmm the three of you mop up here and come join me as soon as you can. I'll go chasing the others - I've requested back up and supernatural support, we'll see what we can get. Keep your com's channel open."

And with that Frostbite took off into the air, relying on Frostbot's overlay to lead him to where they had to go next.

OOC: OK hoping for some team back up here so we aren't spread so thin we're not even able to manage let alone contain this incursion.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 07 2020, 20:38

"Well..." started Battlebug and he sighed. "Yes sir. Just that if you are outnumbered and taken down, and we're not there to help you..."

He seemed to be wrestling with his conscience but decided that his 'hero' had given him and order and he was going to follow it!

"I'll watch then with Moody Girl. She can't take on more than one on her own anyway if the ice thaws. Not sure I could." he added. "I'll stay on the comms and if you need me, holler. I can jump pretty far and fast!"

Then he saluted, bounded over to the other ice blocks, stacking them on top of each other with heads poking out the side after giving each demon a powerful SLAP! And leapt off with the ice stack in his hands, balanced by incredible superhuman agility!

Reflex and JE'Nedann continued to help people, moving them to houses where the roofs weren't damaged and there was no chance of gas mains explosions or cars burning.

Frostbite flew up to the hovering Vanguard Flyer and the hatch closed behind him. He felt the gentle build of energy and moved through the main passenger cabin to the cockpit, dropping in beside Catherine and setting a head set on. "Where to?" he asked.

She raised an eyebrow. "The Restaurant?" she smiled. "I thought not. Where are... hum." As the ship leapt forward Catherine glanced at him. "Joe, are you going alone against those things?"

Just as he was about to answer when the alarms on the ship rang out! "Intruder alert!" cried Catherine as she pressed a button and a sidearm popped from a hidden panel!

Frostbite popped the seatbelt with a tap on the circular central clasp and rose, spinning with energy glowing at his hands.

A glowing form materialised on the ship! Blue-ish...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Aug 07 2020, 20:44

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:   My original premise behind the idea of us teaming up as newbie heroes is that we were college buddies who made a vow that if we ever somehow got superpowers, we would form our own team of superheroes and fight crime together.  We all got powers somehow or other over the six years or so since making that vow, each in our own way, got in contact with each other and are now teaming up.

The other part of the idea was that we would be in a different time period instead of modern era.  I'm suggesting we do that sweet spot between the end of the Golden Age and the rise of the Silver Age.  So 1953-1956.  The publication of the Barry Allen/Flash in 1956 in Showcase Comics is considered the marking point for the start of the Silver Age.

Things that would affect us if we are in the mid-50s:  Schlocky Sci-Fi.  Commies.  Beginning of the Space Race.  Rock n Roll.  Korean War has ended.  Castro hasn't taken control of Cuba.  Rise of TV.

Here's the Out of Character chat where I was looking at superheroes of the Golden Age ending publication and short lived 50s supers.

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com/t217-superheroes-published-between-1951-and-1956-dead-space-between-golden-age-and-silver-age#14393

The other ideas is to be set during WW2, starting say late 1941 or being set near the end or right after WW2, say late 1945.

I've created Lightning Bullet for this group adventure if we have one.
https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com/t214-lightning-bullet-a-new-hero

I think I'll pass, for now, things have been very hectic and I don't want to over-commit and undersell. I like the three characters I am presently running and the variety of adventures we're in. I always fancied getting back into our Jade Hood adventures but that seems to have been for another time in fact I am secretly hoping we'll yet team up with those 20's pulp heroes, but I think that until I get some idea of how things are going to work out in the next 6- to a year I'd rather stick with what I've got my posting has been a bit erratic as well, which doesn't help.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Aug 07 2020, 21:33

Admin wrote:Frostbite popped the seatbelt with a tap on the circular central clasp and rose, spinning with energy glowing at his hands.

A glowing form materialised on the ship! Blue-ish...

Frostbite was reluctant to shoot first and ask questions later simply because he might damage the ship. And fast as he was it was invaluable to the team. But nonetheless, he raised his hands and said, "You'd better be a friend 'cause this is not the night to tick me off, I don't like uninvited guests."

OOC: OK going to fire if the thing materialising turns out to be hostile, and try and get it out asap. Also, I'll get Catherine to use external sensors to find if there are any more and take action to avoid if necessary.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 07 2020, 22:12

I think I'll pass, for now, things have been very hectic and I don't want to over-commit and undersell.  I like the three characters I am presently running and the variety of adventures we're in.  I always fancied getting back into our Jade Hood adventures but that seems to have been for another time in fact I am secretly hoping we'll yet team up with those 20's pulp heroes, but I think that until I get some idea of how things are going to work out in the next 6- to a year I'd rather stick with what I've got my posting has been a bit erratic as well, which doesn't help.  

Sj

[/quote]

I've kind of been thinking hitting the 20s after our Victorian Era adventure, then WW2, then ... popping into the 25th or 30th Century?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 07 2020, 22:18

"Thank you for not opening fire." stated a Robotic voice, modulated to sound almost human.

The glowing energy coalesced into a solid form and it stepped forward. A strange kind of crystalline energy and a figure exactly the same height and build as Frostbite.

It stepped up and looked up and down at the Vanguard Leader.

"Frostbite!" shouted Catherine. "What's happening? I can flood the cabin with an incapacitating agent..."

The crystalline form tipped its head "Knockout Gas will not work on me. On another note Ms Stowe it is good to see you. My host always spoke and felt fondly about you, and you were important in your role as his... 'number two' for years."

Frostbite frowned. What?

The crystalline/energy being looked to Frostbite, and specifically the globe on Frostbites' chest. He reached a hand slowly towards it, extending a finger...

Frostbite was about to speak when the being said "Hello Joseph, it's been... a while."

He stepped back and stood up straight. "I... am Frostbot."

The New Vanguard! Frostbite Issue #9  - New team, old problems! - Page 8 Frostbot-of-the-Future
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Aug 08 2020, 09:55

Admin wrote:Frostbite was about to speak when the being said "Hello Joseph, it's been... a while."

He stepped back and stood up straight. "I... am Frostbot."

Frostbite didn't lower his arms but spoke slowly and deliberately. "Last time I met anyone with that name, who was not my Frostbot, they were trying to kill me and take my Frostbot to add to the multidimensional hive mind to take over or destroy...yadda yadda, you know the drill. What can you say to convince me, us that you are not part of that collective taking this opportunity when I need help badly to get close and steal or destroy to get to my Frostbot all over again?"

If he had the time to think about it, Frostbite might conclude that the world had suddenly gone sideways and seemed to be on the slide.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next