The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

3 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 22 2020, 22:11

Admin wrote:You probably know which one is the target to take down![/i][/color]

OOC: Ugh, do I...

Lionheart had to face Vanquish, as his was the most lethal attack he faced. Yet for an imperceptible moment, he wavered more because he didn't wish to see Kosmic Fire fall and become another victim of this terrible mess they'd fallen into. Nonetheless, he came back at Vanquish throwing all he could at him, with his lethal speed and martial arts skills.

OOC: Dev attack 3/2 die again. I get the impression if we fall here, then we'll end up trying to break out and save the day from a position of being kept hostages ourselves. Hope it doesn't come to that. Shame that all of our opponents, both against Dave and myself have been so overwhelming and our own 'teams' so ineffective in the main.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

DavidMcMahon likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 23 2020, 00:51

ooc: IF anything Paul has convinced me to NEVER EVER take burnout as a disad unless maybe it is a non-combat power like ... Super Discerning Smell. rabbit
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 23 2020, 11:32

OOC Not all opponents are so overwhelming or need punching in the mouth to defeat Razz In the prison you guys were up against it after the first five levels and had little to no chance in a scrap from level 6 down really. By level 7 or 8 you were outmatched. It happens Very Happy

MISS VICTORY
Dex 22 Str 16 Body 7
Running 8 Jumping 8
Initiative 37 HP 15

Miss Victory didn't give up and swung for all she was worth at the villain!

OOC Dev Attack Miss V AV22 + 4D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 4,6,10,1,10,4,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:41 (63) vs
OV27 + Dev Att 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,7,+0 Total:12 (47)
+6 (to 22) vs RV28 - 12 D Att (RV16)=6 RAPs damage. Omega Man is on 3/28 Body

Omega Man's grin was wiped off as punch after punch pummelled the villain backwards across the dusty desert floor! He tried to fend her off but the determined heroine would not be denied and he roared "ENOUGH!" as blood ran from a cut over his eye and his nose.

"Now you... Who the hell are you?" snarled Omega Man.

There was enough distance behind them that Miss V risked a glance...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Newcomer

"BOTH OF YOU!" hissed the energy being. "STAND DOWN! I AM FISSION and this CONTINENT IS UNDER MY PROTECTION!"

Omega Man laughed. "Idiot. Don't you know who I am?"

OOC Initiative...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Ultrahumans-next-round

Omega Man laughed "You know, it doesn't matter." he said.

OOC He attacks the newcomer with a speeding fist!!!

CRIT BLOW AV27 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:26 (53) vs
OV15 + 3D Acro (0D M Arts) + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,7,5,12,11,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:19 (38)
+5 (to 35) vs RV35 - 6 Crit Blow (RV29)=6 RAPs damage. Fission is on body 14/20

BANG!

Fission slides across the ground leaving a gouged furrow!

"That... hurt. It should not have been possible to hurt me..." he said with an accented voice. "Whoever you are, know I have the power to incinerate you!"

Omega Man grinned. "Yo sweetcheeks! Stay out of this and I'll be nice to you!" to Miss Victory.

OOC Miss Victory is up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:19

LIONHEART

Aware more than ever now that from being a huge fish in a tiny pond he was now a medium sized fish in a huge ocean, Lionheart knew he had to start thinning his foes out! The Prison Break, Advents' hand in it, Nexus as an ever present threat and Silver Sentinel being taken out of the picture meant that the world was in dire peril! Here he was trying to save the elected leader of the free world and getting his butt kicked by goons dressed in prison orange!

OOC DEV ATTACK Lionheart AV26 + 3D M Arts (2D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,11,11,4,8,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,1,+0 Total:35 (61) vs
OV9 + 4D Acro + Dev Att 8 + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,10,1,8,3,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:14 (31)
+8 (to 22) vs RV22 - 12 D Att (RV10)=12 RAPs. Vanquish absorbs 5 damage (15HP) and is on Body 1/15 and is STUNNED

Lionheart pounds the villain from wall to wall with repeated high speed blows and finally sees him sag to his knees! He's still up, barely and a coup de grace will finish him off - if he gets chance to land it!

Cannonball snarls. "I'll take you down!"

OOC CRIT BLOW AV20 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,5,9,2,7,+0 Total:16 (36) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,8,7,9,+0 Total:17 (51) Attack Missed

Once more Lionhearts incredible speed allows him to see the blow coming and move aside!

Rage pitches in, slashing with those claws which can pretty much cut through anything! (OOC Except the prison he just got out of, but yeah, diamond ain't nothin' to this guy)

OOC CRIT BLOW AV18 + 4D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,2,11,10,6,9,+0 Total:21 (39) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,6,2,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:19 (49) attack missed

And again, his awesome speed means he evades the attention of the angry guy with the claws!

Kosmic Fire gets to her feet and steadies herself, calling out "Lionheart! Who do I target?"

Cannonball grins "He's too fast lady, but you? you are GOING DOWN!" and the speedster left no doubt as to whose target was his next one!

OOC Initiative...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 White-house-next-round

Lionheart is up. Vanquish is stunned and has little defence (no skill dice)so can be finished off relatively easily but Kosmic Fire could do that - if Cannonball doesn't take her out first... As usual, type of attack, dice split etc. You're up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:37

Admin wrote:Lionheart is up. Vanquish is stunned and has little defence (no skill dice)so can be finished off relatively easily but Kosmic Fire could do that - if Cannonball doesn't take her out first... As usual, type of attack, dice split etc. You're up.[/i][/color]

Inserting himself before Kosmic Fire and Cannonball, Lionheart smashed out at him, aiming all his considerable skills into the blows he sent to work off the situation and turn it around before things went from bad to worse. Over his shoulder, he shouted, "Vanquish, Vanquish if you'll forgive the terrible pun." before moving in to deliver his attack to Cannonball weaving and dodging as only he could.

OOC: Dev blow to Cannonball with the 3/2 split as per normal -please.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 23 2020, 17:53

"Now you... Who the hell are you?" snarled Omega Man.

There was enough distance behind them that Miss V risked a glance...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Newcomer

"BOTH OF YOU!" hissed the energy being. "STAND DOWN! I AM FISSION and this CONTINENT IS UNDER MY PROTECTION!"

Omega Man laughed. "Idiot. Don't you know who I am?"

OOC Initiative...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Ultrahumans-next-round

Omega Man laughed "You know, it doesn't matter." he said.

OOC He attacks the newcomer with a speeding fist!!!

CRIT BLOW AV27 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:26 (53) vs
OV15 + 3D Acro (0D M Arts) + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,7,5,12,11,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:19 (38)
+5 (to 35) vs RV35 - 6 Crit Blow (RV29)=6 RAPs damage. Fission is on body 14/20

BANG!

Fission slides across the ground leaving a gouged furrow!

"That... hurt. It should not have been possible to hurt me..." he said with an accented voice. "Whoever you are, know I have the power to incinerate you!"

Omega Man grinned. "Yo sweetcheeks! Stay out of this and I'll be nice to you!" to Miss Victory.

OOC Miss Victory is up!

ooc:  You know what, I think Miss Victory will hold her action until after Fission acts.  But conversation is free to an extent so ...

"You say you are the protector of this continent, Fission, does that make you hero or would-be conqueror of South America?  He's Omega Man, escaped villain, and we are the Ultrahumans.  I just joined the group today."

If Fission takes down Omega Man and turns out to be hero, she will use her action to try and save Imperious Rex.  Good thing she asked about those medical supplies.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 17:06

LIONHEART and KOSMIC FIRE

Lionheart knew Kosmic Fire was vulnerable and had to take out the threat that Cannonball represented!

OOC Devastating Attack! Lionheart AV26 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,3,10,12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (without skill dice... Miss!!!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,1,+0 Total:36 (62) vs
OV20 + 1D Acro (2D M Arts) + 8 Dev Att + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,10,12,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:27 (55)
+4 (to 18) vs RV25 - 12 Dev Att (RV13)=5 RAPs. Cannonball on 3/15 Body

That got Cannonballs' attention and he spun, snarling. "RIGHT! I've HAD it with you!" he roared at Lionheart!

OOC

AV20 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,11,6,8,+0 Total:19 (39) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,9,3,1,+0 Total:19 (45) Attack Missed

"Arrrrrgggh will SOMEONE nail this guy!" roared Cannonball.

"Leave it to me." said Rage.

Kosmic Fire took aim at both Vanquish AND Rage...

OOC CRIT BLOW Energy Blast 25 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (39) vs
OV18 +2 multi + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (35)
+3 (to 28) vs RV23 - 6 Crit Blow + 2 Multi (RV19)=9 RAPs. Vanquish is DOWN and OUT, Rage is on 14/23 Body

Vanquish tumbles away to the floor, Rage grunts in pain but shrugs it off. Then he grins, bearing his claws. "Here, fast boy, got somethin' for ya!"

OOC He didn't use any dice on defence so all on attack...
AV17 + 4D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 11,2,1,12,6,4,+0 Total:23 (40) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,2,2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total:22 (48) Attack Missed

"See what ya mean." grunted Rage as he slashed at thin air. "take the girl out then you hit him high, I'll go low!"

"Gotcha." said Cannonball.

OOC initiative

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Whoite-house-new-round

Lionheart is up. To put one of these guys down you might need to throw everything into attack. They are reasonably closely matched with you and Kosmic Fire...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 17:20

MISS VICTORY
Dex 22 Str 16 Body 7
Running 8 Jumping 8
Initiative 37 HP 15

Fission glanced at Miss V. "Ultrahumans? They asked me to join but my work here is more important!"

'More important than saving the world?' wondered Miss Victory.

"Duplex asked me to help but we were cut off. You people are having trouble, yes?"

Omega Man casually said "Hey, over here? About to kick your ass?"

"in your dreams" hissed Fission.

OOC ENERGY BLAST 30 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:21 (51) vs
OV27 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,9,8,2,+0 Total:17 (44)
+4 (34) vs RV28=6 RAPs. Omega Man absorbs 4 damage with his HP (HP=0) and is on Body 1/28

With a grunt Omega Man staggers and his smile has gone. "Just need... a breather... be right back!" he says, about to leap into the sky and fly off!

At that there is a crack and a boom and a flare seems to be coming down from the sky!

Omega Man frowns. "I can't fly! What ...?" he looks up. "Captain Star!" he says at the incoming 'comet'.

Miss Victory sees her chance to take out a wobbling Omega Man!

OOC You're up then initiative, assuming you don't put him down!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 18:03

Miss Victory sees her chance to take out a wobbling Omega Man!

OOC You're up then initiative, assuming you don't put him down!

Okay, then run up to him and "Victory PUNCH!" she yells as she swings at the villain.

Everything into offense, crit blow.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 18:33

OOC Crit Blow Miss Victory Dex 22 + 4D M arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 1,6,4,4,10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:36 (58) vs
OV27 + 2D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,9,12,1,+0 Total:21 (52)
+3 (to 19) vs RV28 - 6 CB so RV22=0 Damage.

Miss Victory slams her Victory Punch against Omega Man's chin... and winces, pulling a throbbing hand away and shaking the pain off!

"Oh thank goodness I thought a Victory punch was something special." said Omega Man cheerfully. "You my dear have been a game opponent - far more than the others but I need to finish this!"

The distant Captain Star was much large in sight now and still preventing Omega Man from moving more than a few feet (OOC technically he can still fly but not fast or far)

OOC Initiative..

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 2 Ultrahumans-new-round

Omega Man swings at both Fission and Miss Victory!

Before he does, dice allocation? You haven't got time to reallocate your stats until your action...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 19:05

keep them as is, hope I'm still standing after he hits and if Fission is still up, team attack with him but using Dev Attack instead.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 19:55

Omega Man moves faster than lightning and Miss Victory steels herself, hoping he doesn't land a blow that would knock her clean out!

OOC Crit Blow Omega Man AV27 + 3D M Arts (0D Acro) + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,8,+0 Total:12 (39) vs
OV22 + 3D Acro (fission, 0D m arts) + multi 2 + crit blow 4 + Roll(5d12)+0: 6,12,11,12,7,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,6,+0 Total:37 (65) attack missed!

Frustrated, he tries to tag both Miss V with her -almost as fast - reflexes and Fission who is dodging as hard as he can! He misses both and Fission shouts "NOW!" as they both attack!

OOC Dev Att Team Attack Miss V AV22 + 6D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 9,9,8,3,3,7,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:39 (61) vs
OV27 + 8 Dev Att - 2 Team attack + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:10 (43)
+6 (to 22) vs RV28 - 12 D Att so RV16=6RAPs. Omega Man goes DOWN and is OUT!

Miss Victory reeled, wobbled and stayed on her feet as Captain Star landed with Water Lilly in his arms. "She needs medical attention but I can sort that out." he said.

"Only just caught her before she went into space. That monster is STRONG." he admitted, looking at Omega Man sprawled out.

Fission walked over. "I didn't think anybody could affect me while I was incorporeal. Glad you stayed on your feet lady. You're one tough cookie. The rest of these guys..."

Miss Victory glances about then heads over to Imperious Rex, making him comfortable (as much as a statue could be) and that it would survive, even if that meant holding wounds closed so the cracks didn't widen. It took a minute or so but she stabilised him (OOC cost Miss V 1HP for desp recovery on a team mate)

OOC Body 15 + 3D medicine + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,9,4,9,4,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:39 (54) vs
Body 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:13 (23)
+8 (to 23) vs RV10=13 RAPs. Imperious Rex stable on zero body and no longer dying.

Able to stabilise the Ultrahuman Miss Victory breathes a sigh of relief. He was so... alien... but the mere act of holding closed the wounds whilst they sealed seemed to help.

Captain Star had gathered the Ultrahumans up with his telekinesis and turned to Miss V. "We're in no shape to get to the White House. I need to get these guys back to base or one of the safe houses until they recover. Are you ok, or do you need to get help too?" he asked Miss V. "Sorry I wasn't any help in the fight. I was outclassed but glad to know we have you on board. Omega Man is a big hitter, tier 7 at least. It took some of the more powerful members a while to put him down last time (OOC because he had a huge stash of HP...) so it's good to know a newbie can hold her own."

Fission raised an eyebrow but said "You guys need to leave. Take him with you. The governments of South America view Ultrahuman intervention as a violation of airspace - they think you guys bring trouble with you." He glanced at Omega Man. "They may be right."

"I can fly us at a reasonable speed, say, the speed of sound" said Captain Star "But really we need supersonic flight to get to the White House. I can't raise the satellite though. Something is wrong!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 24 2020, 20:44

[quote="Admin"Lionheart is up. To put one of these guys down you might need to throw everything into attack. They are reasonably closely matched with you and Kosmic Fire...[/i][/color][/quote]

Seeing the nature of the fight going potentially against him, if he didn't put something together Lionheart switched tack and went for Rage, giving it all he had on the attack.

OOC: 5 Die into the attack, Devastating that would be, please. :-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 20:52

Admin wrote:
Miss Victory reeled, wobbled and stayed on her feet as Captain Star landed with Water Lilly in his arms. "She needs medical attention but I can sort that out." he said.

"Only just caught her before she went into space. That monster is STRONG." he admitted, looking at Omega Man sprawled out.

Fission walked over. "I didn't think anybody could affect me while I was incorporeal. Glad you stayed on your feet lady. You're one tough cookie. The rest of these guys..."

Miss Victory glances about then heads over to Imperious Rex, making him comfortable (as much as a statue could be) and that it would survive, even if that meant holding wounds closed so the cracks didn't widen. It took a minute or so but she stabilised him (OOC cost Miss V 1HP for desp recovery on a team mate)

Able to stabilise the Ultrahuman Miss Victory breathes a sigh of relief. He was so... alien... but the mere act of holding closed the wounds whilst they sealed seemed to help.

Captain Star had gathered the Ultrahumans up with his telekinesis and turned to Miss V. "We're in no shape to get to the White House. I need to get these guys back to base or one of the safe houses until they recover. Are you ok, or do you need to get help too?" he asked Miss V. "Sorry I wasn't any help in the fight. I was outclassed but glad to know we have you on board. Omega Man is a big hitter, tier 7 at least. It took some of the more powerful members a while to put him down last time (OOC because he had a huge stash of HP...) so it's good to know a newbie can hold her own."

Fission raised an eyebrow but said "You guys need to leave. Take him with you. The governments of South America view Ultrahuman intervention as a violation of airspace - they think you guys bring trouble with you." He glanced at Omega Man. "They may be right."

"I can fly us at a reasonable speed, say, the speed of sound" said Captain Star "But really we need supersonic flight to get to the White House. I can't raise the satellite though. Something is wrong!"
 ooc:  Note to self, raise Medical Skill, turning out to be a very useful skill for her.

"Can you somehow negate damage from objects moving much faster than sound with your power, Captain Star?  And if so, a way to anchor all of you to me and protect yourselves from such a speed?  If so I can run at a speed that would get us to Washington in minutes." 

"But that is probably not a good idea.  If something bad is going down in DC, then the hospitals there would be full too.  So would trying to get back to base a bad idea.  Remember?  We warned them that they had villains who could hack the finest defenses, just as they hacked our ship's control?  So our base is probably under attack right now.  A little known safe house is a better choice for you."

"Fission?  Would you come with me to DC?  The world needs you.  Here's why ...."

ooc:  Basically the five minute version of Advent and what went on with the top secret prison and escape of prisoners and what the heroes found out and what they believe is true and what they know of the goals of the villains.  And Earth's Mightiest Hero is MIA.

"Or do you want to stay and warn the various nations here?  Will they listen?  How many have already gone over to the Advent's side?  Be dangerous for you to tell them anything if they have."

ooc:  So 12 APs lets you run on water, 14 APs lets you run up vertical surfaces, 16 APs and you can do damage to yourself and do damage to the environment. 

So Miss Victory is going to up her Running from 8 to 14 and run to DC.   I think that turns out to be about 14,400 MPH ... I think.

Shortest way would be running through the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic [not sure exactly where she is but since she has GPS on her brand new Ultrahumans communications device...shouldn't be a problem], doing her best to avoid populated areas as she runs, circling around them which will add to her running time but better than risking smashing into things and people and she is running so fast she could actually get halfway around the globe in the hour she has her power.  If my math is in the ballpark, it will take her between 10 and 15 minutes to get there.

How many miles is the circumference of Earth?
24,901 miles
Using those measurements, the equatorial circumference of Earth is about 24,901 miles (40,075 km). However, from pole-to-pole — the meridional circumference — Earth is only 24,860 miles (40,008 km) around. This shape, caused by the flattening at the poles, is called an oblate spheroid.Sep 15, 2017

So 6 pts running for 14, 10 pts Body for 17, and 7 pts for Dex for 17.  Nothing in Str at the moment.

BTW, what FC discount would you give for Dispersal only to negate movement side effect such as sonic booms and damage to self and environment?  The only negative FC they list for the power is to disperse your weight and that's -5FC.

Bee line: Washington, D.C. to Rio de Janeiro

Air line (approximately)

4,798 Miles

7,721 Kilometer
4,166 Nautical Miles
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 02:18

LIONHEART

Lionheart knew he had to thin out the herd facing him and the clawed villain grinned. "Let's go fast boy!" he roared.

OOC Dev Att AV26 + 5D M Arts + Roll(7d12)+0: 11,9,11,3,7,3,2,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:41 (67) vs
OV18 + 2D Acro (2D M Arts) + Dev Att 8 + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,3,6,11,+0 Total:21 (47)
+6 (to 20) vs RV23 - Dev Att 12 so RV11=9 RAPs. Rage is on 5/23 Body

Cannonball attacks Lionheart!

OOC Dev Att AV20 + 3D M Arts (0D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,10,5,9,6,+0 Total:19 (39) vs
OV26 + dev att 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:33 (67) attack Missed

"Will you stand still and DIE!!!" screamed Cannonball.

Kosmic Fire blasted at Cannonball again...

OOC Dev Att Energy Blast 25 + 2D HP Dice (KF on Hp1) + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,5,5,3,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:25 (50) vs
OV20 + Dev Att 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,6,+0 Total:14 (42)
+4 (to 29) vs RV25 - 12 D Att so Rv13=16 RAPs.

This time a mighty blast tagged the speedster and sent him sliding down the corridor!

Rage looked about. He was alone!

"Huh. We'll see about this..."

OOC Attack on Kosmic Fire KILLING ATTACK Crit Blow AV18 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,8,12,1,+0 Total:20 (38) vs
OV15 + 4D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,2,4,2,1,10,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,6,+0 Total:14 (33)
+3 (to 31) vs RV27 - 6 Crit Blow so Rv21=10 RAPs. Kosmic Fire is on -9/15 Body and is DYING!

With a couple of bloody slashes the rabid villain strikes Kosmic Fire down. She crashes to the floor in a bloody heap and powers off.

Licking blood from his claws Rage rolls his neck. "Come on then! you n me!"

OOC Lionheart wins initiative... then there were two!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 02:31

Captain Star offers a solution. "I can create a force field bubble around everyone and carry it, fly, at a high altitude so it doesn't cause any damage. Sure it will be noisy but that high up... heck, we could go into space for a short time. Done it before."

OOC He has 20 APs Force manipulation so Force Field 19AP Body 1 and telekinesis to lift the whole thing (about 5APs weight with everyone in) and fly at 15AP speed, same as the space shuttle. It's more or less exactly 20AP distance so would take him 2 Minutes to fly everyone this way, call it three with the altitude gain/drop to avoid flight paths and environmental damage.

As for Fission, he frowned. "A number of the governments have gone over to the Advent side. They've seen economies grow faster than ever before, crime plummet, housing and socio economic problems shrink. They have even set up clinics to study and cure the problems of the human condition. Diseases, birth defects, injuries and so on. The promise of a better life is so strong that the Amazon rainforest has been predicted to recover from years of abuse and reduce climate change. it's all good but..."

He frowned. "It's too good to be true and if what you say is true... they need persuading. Proof is what is required. The people will not believe anything said against Advent when their lives are better and they have money in their pockets, a job and hope. To take that away would be the worst way to persuade people."

OOC Go via Captain Star airways?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 25 2020, 03:08

Admin wrote:Captain Star offers a solution. "I can create a force field bubble around everyone and carry it, fly, at a high altitude so it doesn't cause any damage. Sure it will be noisy but that high up... heck, we could go into space for a short time. Done it before."

OOC He has 20 APs Force manipulation so Force Field 19AP Body 1 and telekinesis to lift the whole thing (about 5APs weight with everyone in) and fly at 15AP speed, same as the space shuttle. It's more or less exactly 20AP distance so would take him 2 Minutes to fly everyone this way, call it three with the altitude gain/drop to avoid flight paths and environmental damage.

As for Fission, he frowned. "A number of the governments have gone over to the Advent side. They've seen economies grow faster than ever before, crime plummet, housing and socio economic problems shrink. They have even set up clinics to study and cure the problems of the human condition. Diseases, birth defects, injuries and so on. The promise of a better life is so strong that the Amazon rainforest has been predicted to recover from years of abuse and reduce climate change. it's all good but..."

He frowned. "It's too good to be true and if what you say is true... they need persuading. Proof is what is required. The people will not believe anything said against Advent when their lives are better and they have money in their pockets, a job and hope. To take that away would be the worst way to persuade people."

OOC Go via Captain Star airways?

ooc ; I'm inclined to do it except everyone but him is out of action.

"You think it is wise to do that," she asks Captain Star. "I realize that you are just dropping me off but ... if something happens as we approach, everyone is out of it except you and me. Maybe drop me off at Baltimore and I will run and jump the rest of the way while you get everyone else some medical help?"

ooc2: And Dang you for getting Kosmic Fire to start dying! She was one of my very first characters I created for the DC Universe Online MMORPG game! elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 11:46

MISS VICTORY

Captain Star frowned. "yeah it does saeem they are one step ahead of us. Like they have some means of tracking us."

Miss Victory wondered what that could be, then realised..

OOC Int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0 Total:37 (45) vs OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:12,4,+0 Total:32 (38) +4 (to 12) vs RV6=6 RAPs.
1) Either someone is tracking you guys psionically, magically or technologically
2-3) Though the other two can't be ruled out given the powers ranged against you, the most logical is the third
4-6) Must be the third. They have hacked into the system, infiltrated every computer the Ultrahumans have, controlled the ship when it suited them, severed the link to the satellite again when it suited and now are tracking you via your communicators. They know where you are, have some idea of what you are doing via an open comms channel and where you are going!

She glanced down at the small id badge pinned to her costume then at the others badges. These smart devices would provide all the information the Ultrahumans needed to determine when, when, what and anything else they needed to know about their operatives including current physical and mental state via heart rate and bio monitors. They would also transmit two way comms and act as a body cam.

And the enemy was watching their every move, listening in, tracking and preparing...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 25 2020, 12:09

Admin wrote:MISS VICTORY

Captain Star frowned. "yeah it does saeem they are one step ahead of us. Like they have some means of tracking us."

Miss Victory wondered what that could be, then realised..

OOC Int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0 Total:37 (45) vs OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:12,4,+0 Total:32 (38) +4 (to 12) vs RV6=6 RAPs.
1) Either someone is tracking you guys psionically, magically or technologically
2-3) Though the other two can't be ruled out given the powers ranged against you, the most logical is the third
4-6) Must be the third. They have hacked into the system, infiltrated every computer the Ultrahumans have, controlled the ship when it suited them, severed the link to the satellite again when it suited and now are tracking you via your communicators. They know where you are, have some idea of what you are doing via an open comms channel and where you are going!

She glanced down at the small id badge pinned to her costume then at the others badges. These smart devices would provide all the information the Ultrahumans needed to determine when, when, what and anything else they needed to know about their operatives including current physical and mental state via heart rate and bio monitors. They would also transmit two way comms and act as a body cam.

And the enemy was watching their every move, listening in, tracking and preparing...

"Our com badges," she says bitterly. "They know everywhere we are and probably heard every word we said, through them. If they can hack our ship and our base, of course they can hack our communications. Get rid of every bit of tech that connects with the Ultrahumans."

She removes the badge and looks over her teammates for theirs to remove them as well.
"Fission, will you destroy these for us please," she asks, handing over the badges.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Sep 25 2020, 16:13

Admin wrote:OOC Lionheart wins initiative... then there were two![/color]

OOC: Sorry been out all day, just got back

"You are going to regret that..."

Lionheart was angry more so because this whole mission from start to now had been messy, disordered and the criminals seemingly incarcerated behind bars seemed one step ahead the whole time.  But this was where the fightback began.  

OOC: OK all on attack devastating attack got to end this if I am going to stop KF from bleeding out.  If I can't finish him, I will cut and run with her, another villain can wait, but KF might die, and I don't want that to happen.  Besides, I read DM's post about KF being his first DC hero, so no pressure then ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 16:31

LIONHEART

Lionheart knew he had to take Rage out! The killer also knew it and threw everything he had into finishing Lionheart off!

OOC Dev Attack AV26 + 5D M Arts + Roll(7d12)+0: 10,7,11,11,5,4,6,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:42 (68) vs
OV18 + 8 Dev Att + 1D Acro (3D m arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,7,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:14 (40)
+7 (to 21) vs RV23 - 12 D Att so RV11=10 RAPs. Rage is 1HP short of being able to absorb 6 damage and stay on his feet! With that, he is DOWN and OUT! I blame the guy who did the HP costings, but that's a skin of the teeth win!

Lionheart threw everything he had into the flurry and kicked Rage aside, finally dropping the villain!

He sagged back, breathing hard which was incredible in itself. He checked his body. he was unharmed. His astonishing speed had saved him...

Moving to Kosmic Fire's side he kneeled and started to help her...

OOC Kosmic Fire 15 + 4D Medicine (Lionheart) + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,10,4,1,11,9,+0 Total:21 (36) vs
OV9 (negative body) + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,6,+0 Total:13 (22)
+5 (to 20) vs RV9=11 RAPs. Kosmic Fire is on 0 Body and stabilised, no longer dying!

Lionheart sagged back. The makeshift bandages shredded from criminal orange looked out of place but would do. She needed medical attention, not first aid. Glancing at the villains he hoped his danger sense would alert him to any of them waking up. To go on, or find a way to help Kosmic Fire? And what to do with the bad guys?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Sep 25 2020, 16:38

Admin wrote:
Lionheart sagged back. The makeshift bandages shredded from criminal orange looked out of place but would do. She needed medical attention, not first aid. Glancing at the villains he hoped his danger sense would alert him to any of them waking up. To go on, or find a way to help Kosmic Fire? And what to do with the bad guys?

Kosmic Fire was a priority, tying up the villains with whatever cable, steel rods, or anything else he could find first, he lifted the firey female and shot upstairs seeking medical attention. With barely a brief chat, to whomever he found, he then went in deeper to the place he had left the criminals to find out what or who else was behind this.

This was going to be hard, he had come in with a team and here he was again going solo!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 26 2020, 12:04

MISS VICTORY

Fission took the communicator badges and flash fried them.

Captain Star stifled a frown. "Man of Bronze will probably bill you for that! Right, we need to get help for these guys and drop you off unless you want to go under your own power Miss V."

"I can carry her." said Fission. "I'll go with you. I think you need all the help you can get. Cut off from your team, infiltrated and up against it? How can I resist the call?"

"I can get these guys to a safehouse then head over to the White House." said Captain Star.

Just then Tiger Lilly groaned and started to wake up. It turned out he had a healing factor! He looked about, alarmed, then rushed over to his unconscious sister, hugging her. "I thank you." he said. He glanced over at Omega Man. "We should kill him!"

"no." said Captain Star. "It's not our way."

"I cannot leave me sisters side. We fight side by side and distance between us saps our powers. It is the price we pay but we shall never be separated." said Tiger Lilly.

"must make dating awkward." muttered Fission. Tiger Lilly said nothing and picked his sister up. "When she has rested and woken we will endeavour to join you at the White House." he said.

Captain Star shrugged. "That's that then. You and Fission to the White House, we'll get there when we can. We also need to get to the Satellite and find out what's going on. They may not be aware they have been infiltrated... all our secrets could be laid bare!" the hero gasped.

OOC Run or fly to the White House?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 26 2020, 15:48

If Fission is faster then fly, if not and he can stand the speed, run.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 28 2020, 10:13

LIONHEART

Cables ran the length of the corridor feeding power to the lower levels of the White House.

The hero yanked dozens of feet of them and tied the villains together. It wouldn't slow them down much but it was better than nothing.

Scooping up the injured Kosmic Fire Lionheart sped out of the stricken White House and to the grounds outside which looked like a war zone. Police, Fire and Ambulances along with the National guard and army were turning up with every passing moment. He could leave Kosmic Fire with them, find a local hospital or even speed back to the satellite high above the Earth to put her in the care of the Ultrahumans as well as reestablish contact and find out what was going on. The choice was his but the President still needed rescuing and he was a man alone! His team had been separated, attacked and was now a team of one, again!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next