The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

3 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 18 2020, 08:35

Admin wrote:The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 8 White-House-Battle-R2

LH, Superman, Miss V... still finely balanced but matching up to the most suitable opponent will help you win this. Plus good rolls and possibly a few crit blows or devastating attacks![/i][/color]

OOC: I'm going for the Gravity master, as before Paul, but Dave I wonder if Miss V and Lionheart should swap and I go for the big guy you've got whose reflexes match more my own? What do you think?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 8 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 18 2020, 11:57

ooc: If you want, we can try it. So change targets, Miss V gets gravity master and you get Muscle Guy. She will still use same set up on attack and defense.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 18 2020, 12:29

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:  If you want, we can try it.  So change targets, Miss V gets gravity master and you get Muscle Guy.  She will still use same set up on attack and defense.

Lionheart nodded at Miss Victory's subtle suggestion and he moved places to attack the super quick fighter she'd struggled to plug with her victory punch.

OOC: As before 3/2 Devastating attack.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 19 2020, 10:33

The blur that was Lionheart sped about the battlefield and Miss Victory, only a little slower in terms of reflexes, caught the look and the nod as they switched opponents...

OOC Dev Attack AV26 + 3D M arts (2D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 1,5,6,6,12,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE (I look at these dice rolls and can't help but think how many more failures there would have been under the old/existing roll 2D10. Skills are soooo much more useful now. Or HP in Supermans case, though the old system was 'I have a pile of Hp and will outspend you therefore I win'. Just an observation) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:30 (56) vs
OV18 + Dev Att 8 + 1D Acro (3D M arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,1,1,+0 Total:12 (38) Hit
+5 (to 19) vs RV31 - 12 Dev Att (RV19)=No damage...If only LH's mind blast hadn't burned out...

The brute was massive, muscles bulging, orange prison suit shredded, but moved like lightning and with agility too as Lionheart threw punch after punch after punch at him.

Some connected, others missed and despite putting his all into it, Lionheart knew he'd not made much of an impact!

"That it runt?" snarled the ex prisoner. "Back in th early days I was bein hailed as some kinda new comin of a more powerful superhero..." he chuckled. "Until a bus load o school kids got in th way. They build ya up, then take great pleasure in knockin ya down. I didn't go down wid out a fight though an you second stringers are only gonna slow us down..." he growled.

"Keep at it son!" shouted Superman as he tackled the Energy villain!

OOC Dev Attack AV15 + 4D (30HP now on 69HP) + Roll(6d12)+0: 6,12,2,3,9,12,+0 Total: 24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,12,+0 Total:39 (54) vs
OV30 + 8 D Att + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,2,+0 Total:11 (49) Hit (not by much!)
+3 (to 28) vs RV30 - 12 Dev Att (RV18)=10 RAPs. Energy Villain is on Body 5/15

"ooooffff!" said the crackling energy form as the man of steel scythed past and delivered a jarring blow! "I'm invulnerable! How did you...?" spluttered the villain.

"SHADDAP AND KEEP BLASTIN!" snarled the muscled Brute. The Energy villain, so hot the air burned around him, looked over, expression lost in the mess of boiling energy but looked back to the battlefield.

Miss Victory leapt into the sky to batter at the force field around the Gravity Master!

OOC Miss Victory setup Dex 20 Str 19 Body 3/7

Crit Blow AV20 + 2D M arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,10,2,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:23 (43) vs
OV8 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:9 (21) Hit
+7 (to 26) vs RV24 - 6 Crit Blow (RV18)=8 RAPs. Gravity Master is on body 1/9!

"This is ridiculous!" roared the Gravity Master. "I, master of Gravity, am out of my league! What on earth...?" he spluttered.

"In case you ain't noticed, we got help." snarled the fighter who'd proven just as ineffectual. "Those new guys are from two levels lower dan us I think. I saw one o dem in the canteen when I was getting a medical cause the machines were busted.."

"My turn runt." snarled the behemoth as he went for Lionheart!

OOC AV18 + 3D M arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 9,4,6,7,10,+0 Total:19 (37) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,11,11,5,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,1,+0 Total:31 (57) Attack Missed

"RAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!" screamed the behemoth, frustrated. "These guys... dammit! BLASTER!!! NAIL THIS JERK FER ME AN' I'LL GET DA OLD MAN FER YOU!"

The Alien swooped in "I believe I can help you." he said, red skin standing out through the smoke and chaos of the battlefield!

OOC Power Reserve 17 switched to Dex (10 points to 24) and Str (7 points to 21)
Crit Blow AV24 + 4D M arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 9,5,10,1,1,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:23 (47) vs
OV26 + Crit Blow 4 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,5,6,1,+0 Total:18 (48) Attack Missed (just!)

Lionheart moves out of the way (just!!!) as another attack comes in on him and he knows he's in trouble! These villains ARE more powerful than he is, and without his mental attack he is severely hamstrung!

The fighter, feeling somewhat redundant, leaps and attacks Miss Victory!

OOC Crit Blow AV13 + 5D M arts + Roll(7d12)+0: 3,5,7,7,2,2,4,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:24 (37) vs
OV20 + 2D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,5,6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:27 (51) Attack Missed!

Avoiding a blow that could have put her out of this fight and possibly even killed her Miss Victory is aware of the tide turning... against them. They were not making headway against these villains, outnumbered and outgunned! Even Superman was struggling, the legendary hero using all his experience and know how to get him through the fight so far... but his lack of skill was apparent, plus his reflexes, whilst superhuman, were 'only' lightning fast! These villains were... immeasurably faster!

The Energy Blaster lines up a shot at Lionheart... and the hero knows he's in trouble!

OOC Av30 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (48) vs
OV26 + Range 3 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,2,8,7,+0 Total:15 (44) Hit
+3 (to 33) vs RV22=11 RAPs. Lionheart is on Body 2/13

Spun by a powerful energy blast that would have obliterated him before his joining with Saladin, Lionheart knew he was in for a world of pain! He needed to get out here, rest up, recover his Mind Powers... With those he thought he might have a chance against these bruisers, unless they were shielded in that area too. Then he was doomed. 'At least it's not magic' he thought to himself as beings swooped, ran, jumped, punched and blasted across the churned up smoking battlefield of the once beautiful lawns in front of the White House!

The Gravity Master, wounded, looked about the battlefield. He was injured but so were all the 'heroes' and he knew that things could flip on a coin and he'd end up in jail again... Powerless. Or...

"Screw this!" he muttered, then looked to the east and sped off through the sky!

"Where the hell is HE going?" snarled the Behemoth. "He's rattin' out! I'll sort that runt later!"

The Gravity Master was gone, a dot in the sky!

OOC Initiative...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 8 White-House-Battle-R3

This is getting desperate now! Lionhearts best shot (physically) didn't hurt the big guy. Superman *might* have a chance IF he can hit him! Or LH can juggle the points about to boost strength and throw all of his M arts into hitting... but then that would leave him vulnerable to being hit and he's on wobbly legs already... He needs to recover his mental powers (about 40 mins rest or so from the point when he lost them as time has elapsed, takes an hour) and can set to with his mind blast.

Miss Victory's Dex is keeping her up. If that energy blaster turns his sights on her though...

Superman is gamely battling away but knows he's outgunned. he won't leave the fight though! You're up!

Meanwhile...

"Blummin eck! Ouch! Ouch!" said Wandafar stumbling out of the burned up capsule. He turned to General Battle. "Get my stuff out of zer!" He glanced up at the ceiling, dust dropping from it as the seismic battle going on overhead pounded the foundations of the city!

"At zis rate ze only thing left stending vill be zis blummin forcefield. Maybe ve should knock on ze door und ask to be let in as prisoners! Ve may hef a vay of surviving zen!" he mumbled.

General Battle, looking worried, glanced about. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" he asked of Wandafar.

"Shaddap und let me do my thing, dumbkopf." muttered the Dwarf as he walked towards the Vault door, shimmering with energy only partially now thanks to Lionhearts work. "Sneaky lad. Zet is good. makes my job easier." he said, using a tool to probe with UV light then reveal a previously invisible panel on the door!

"What the hell?" muttered Battle, over his shoulder...

"Sod off." muttered Wandafar as he summoned up the alien energy within him that would make him one of the smartest beings not just in the world, but in the universe!

OOC that would be Adrenaline Surge (on Int and Will)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 19 2020, 11:55

ooc: Just out of curiosity, would Superman's heat vision or superbreath be a better attack?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 19 2020, 12:25

Admin wrote:This is getting desperate now! Lionhearts best shot (physically) didn't hurt the big guy. Superman *might* have a chance IF he can hit him! Or LH can juggle the points about to boost strength and throw all of his M arts into hitting... but then that would leave him vulnerable to being hit and he's on wobbly legs already... He needs to recover his mental powers (about 40 mins rest or so from the point when he lost them as time has elapsed, takes an hour) and can set to with his mind blast.

"well it looks like your best man has just left you, why don't you guys surrender and be nice or else you might be in for a world of hurt!" Bravardo or sheer stupidity was keeping Lionheart going when he knew he had little else to save. He couldn't even think of anything witty to say, things were bad.

But knowing he had the advantage of speed, where his own mental powers had left him he sought one last desperate attempt at stopping this beast with all he had. Just then a thought came into his mind, maybe with the Gravity master gone, they could team-up.

OOC: Could I team attack with Superman, so that I don't need to make a desperate attempt simply to hit. I think if I can lay him out for Superman to attack, then we can focus on the remaining villain. If that is a no go, then I will have to do as you say, put it all on strength and leave myself vulnerable to counter-attack. Not sure how else I can play this one.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 19 2020, 16:40

ooc: Wait for the other heroes and alien villain to go before I decide what Miss Victory will do. Not sure yet if I want to multi-attack WHV #3 and energy villain or just one villain at this point.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 20 2020, 09:41

OOC Heat Vision 15 or Superbreath 12 neither will really be effective as Superman has Dex 15/Str 25 so if he DOES hit, he can do some damage.

With regards calling a target and teaming up Lionheart can team up with Superman no problem on the same target but make sure you pick the right one - you may have ideas about who that is. Sometimes there are guys you just can't beat in a fist fight, but I can guarantee you that if Lionheart still had his mental powers this fight would be going differently...

So a Team Attack (Superman and Lionheart) is possible, makes it slightly easier to hit and if both go for a devastating attack with all dice thrown into attack (and cross fingers for defence) you may get the double you need to pull this off!

Basically the heroes are on the back foot and need to take a breather - Superman to restore his solar energy (I figured another 10 years under the yellow sun would give him a new power - power reserve, using solar energy absorbed in space without atmosphere in the way) as in the comics sun seems to give him an extra edge, and Lionheart needs his mental powers back. However, once these bad guys get to that vault, it opens up and the President is officially a hostage! The US Government will continue but the effect of morale at seeing the President a captive on live TV will be devastating!

So, this is probably the round where things happen. You either thin out the bad guys or they take out one or more of you guys and the fight ends in the round after, painfully.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Nov 20 2020, 19:38

Admin wrote:OOC Heat Vision 15 or Superbreath 12 neither will really be effective as Superman has Dex 15/Str 25 so if he DOES hit, he can do some damage.

With regards calling a target and teaming up Lionheart can team up with Superman no problem on the same target but make sure you pick the right one - you may have ideas about who that is. Sometimes there are guys you just can't beat in a fist fight, but I can guarantee you that if Lionheart still had his mental powers this fight would be going differently...

So a Team Attack (Superman and Lionheart) is possible, makes it slightly easier to hit and if both go for a devastating attack with all dice thrown into attack (and cross fingers for defence) you may get the double you need to pull this off!

Basically the heroes are on the back foot and need to take a breather - Superman to restore his solar energy (I figured another 10 years under the yellow sun would give him a new power - power reserve, using solar energy absorbed in space without atmosphere in the way) as in the comics sun seems to give him an extra edge, and Lionheart needs his mental powers back. However, once these bad guys get to that vault, it opens up and the President is officially a hostage! The US Government will continue but the effect of morale at seeing the President a captive on live TV will be devastating!

So, this is probably the round where things happen. You either thin out the bad guys or they take out one or more of you guys and the fight ends in the round after, painfully.

OOC: OK so if we go for the guy Superman is attacking, then we can all face the big guy as a team, so perhaps I'll aid Superman against his guy and then we can face the Behemoth together? I can't see us winning without my mental powers and I can't see us standing aside doing anything but making a way for a blood bath. The behemoth guy getting to the president and every including Wandafar getting wiped out in the process. We can't, therefore stand down, it's not just the country's moral, the sweeping in of Advent, the rest of us becoming fugitives and the Ultrahumans being blacklisted for failing to stop the President being kidnapped. So we have to try and stop this or die trying. Anything else will play badly for us and I was told we needed a win, so lets go with that. Dev attack team up on the one Superman is attacking then we all combine on the last guy or die trying. Unless Dave has some ideas...I know you're telegraphing stuff Paul, but right now I'm so beat after a long day I'm not getting it all mate - I think I know how Lionheart feels with his mental powers burned out Very Happy

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23 2020, 09:48

Teaming up with Superman, once the world's most powerful superhero and still a symbol of hope (at least when wearing his famous blue costume and not a pair of farm dungarees) Lionheart speeds through the air to tackle the Energy villain!

OOC TEAM ATTACK

DEV ATTACK AV26 + 3D M Arts (2D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 3,10,9,6,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:35 61) vs
OV30 - Team Attack 2 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9 (45)
+6 (to 20) vs RV30 - Dev Att 12 (RV18)=2 RAPs. The Energy Villain is down to 3/15 Body

"Oooff! I'm supposed to be invulnerable in my energy form! What gives!" yells the villain. "I gotta get outta here!"

Superman sweeps up from the side and delivers his own blow!

OOC Spending 21HP (Superman down to 48HP) for 3D, Superman goes for a Crit Blow...

Crit Blow Av15 + 3D HP dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 7,2,1,7,8,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:23 (38) vs
OV30 - Team Attack 2 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,2,+0 Total:5 (37) Hit (just)
+1 EV (to 26 EV) vs RV30 - Crit Blow 6 (RV24)=2 RAPs. The Energy Villain is on Body 1/15

Despite not going down thanks to his energy form the villain knows that his time is measured in moments as the man of steel wallops him!

"I shall deal with the speedster." mutters the red skinned alien who swoops over. "Then the Kryptonian shall feel my wrath!"

OOC Uh Oh!

CRIT BLOW AV31 + 4D M arts (0D Acro) + Roll(6d12)+0: 9,3,7,7,5,3,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:31 (62) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,8,1,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,1,+0 Total:33 (53)
+4 (to 18) vs RV22 - Crit Blow 6 (RV16)=2 RAPs. Lionheart must absorb 1 damage (2HP remaining) and is on Body 1/13 and is STUNNED!

"Ha!" laughs the villain as he sees Lionheart fall back in the air, the hero seeing stars and unsure of his surroundings!

Superman grimaces and knows the tide of the battle just turned. "Keep fighting Miss!" he shouts to Miss Victory. "I may have to... leave you briefly!"

That news felt like a shot to the heart to the heroes on the battlefield as it would hand victory to the villains, more or less!

OOC Miss Victory is up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 23 2020, 12:25

Miss Victory will go for white house villain #3. Stats still the same. Devastating attack. Mart Arts attack, Acrobat defense.

Superman grimaces and knows the tide of the battle just turned. "Keep fighting Miss!" he shouts to Miss Victory. "I may have to... leave you briefly!"

That news felt like a shot to the heart to the heroes on the battlefield as it would hand victory to the villains, more or less!

"Do what you need to do, I'm not running," she shouts.

ooc: Would putting Acrobatics into attack work better or not help in the attack? If it helps, then move that into the attack too.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 23 2020, 13:17

DavidMcMahon wrote:Miss Victory will go for white house villain #3.  Stats still the same.  Devastating attack.  Mart Arts attack, Acrobat defense.

"Do what you need to do, I'm not running," she shouts.

ooc:  Would putting Acrobatics into attack work better or not help in the attack?  If it helps, then move that into the attack too.

OOC:00
Lionheart will absorb the damage - wow heroes are really being taken to town this time.

Lionheart shook his head, trying to clear it and stop the ground from spinning around him. He had taken what amount to a desperate act in a desperate situation but it had, in turn, had come back to bite in a big way. He knew Miss V was in trouble, she was a competent and strong-willed fighter, but the three of them together had struggled with her fighting alone...

For some reason, he thought of his friend Frostbite, he'd fought by his side and in joining this group thought he might not overshadow the Vanguard. Now he wondered if he'd ever see them again. Thoughts of death had never really entered the clones head, but was this going to be it? Was he prepared? Prepared for what?

"Enough of the introspection King, pull yourself together man" He said to himself, as he tried to do just that.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23 2020, 19:09

"Ha! He's running!" shouted the powerfully muscled villain as he saw Superman take off like a rocket up into the sky after delivering his punch!

The Man of steel was a dot in the sky followed by multiple sonic booms as he shot towards space.

OOC Acrobatics doesn't help when attacking in this game. Despite the movies having people jump about and somersault the most direct way to finish someone off is still a good hard punch in the mouth!

Miss Victory tackled the fighter type villain who'd proven pretty ineffective but was still on his feet!

AV20 + 2D M arts (2D Acro) + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,10,9,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:28 (48) vs
OV13 + 2D Acro (3D M Arts) + Dev Att 8 + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,1,8,4,+0 Total:17 (38)
+4 (to 23) vs RV21 - 12 Dev Att (RV9)=14 RAPs. White House Villain #3 is DOWN and OUT!

"I've had just about enough o you girly!" smarled the powerful brutish villain as he towered over Miss Victory after flying over!

OOC AV18 + 4D M Arts (0D Acro) + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,3,8,9,8,11,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
3,5,+0 Total:24 (42) vs
OV20 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,4,9,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,8,+0 Total:45 (65) Attack Missed!

With incredible Agility Miss Victory rolls aside and the brute snarls "You can't dodge me forever woman! When I DO catch up with you..."

The Energy Villain took off into the sky!

"Hey! Where you going?" snarled the mighty brute.

"I'm... following Superman, see if I can take him down!" said the villain before he took off into the sky... in the wrong direction!

"COWAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDD!!!!" roared the Brute. "No matter, that punk will get his!"

OOC Miss Victory is - somehow - still up. She's been on 3 body for a while, Lionheart is on 1 body and stunned and Superman just bugged out of the fight! I think this will be the final round in this drawn out battle!!!

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 8 White-House-Battle-next-round

Lionheart is STUNNED but can still move even if he can't attack. He cannot use any skills. I recommend either avoiding the blows (all into superspeed) or into Forcefield to try to resist the damage. Also you should know: Telepathy CAN be used to mentally attack but I would not recommend it. You use your mental stats (10 int/7 Will) and your opponent can attack with their mental stats in return. It's a backup to Mind Blast but nowhere near as effective and certainly a bad idea against smart opponents!!!

Or he could clear his head and leave the fight scene to Miss V on her own...

You're up. (hiding behind the sofa for what is coming next I think)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 23 2020, 19:44

Miss Victory turns her attention to muscled villain, same set up but go for devastating attack.

"As long as Americans stand and fight, America still stands," she yells at the villains. "If I fall, others will come in my place!"

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 23 2020, 21:32

DavidMcMahon wrote:Miss Victory turns her attention to muscled villain, same set up but go for devastating attack.

"As long as Americans stand and fight, America still stands," she yells at the villains.  "If I fall, others will come in my place!"

OOC: Brill at least I can do something. So I will put all my effort into speed, and try and run interference, so team attack but this time I will speed around the villain hopefully avoiding any further blows and causing the guy to have to struggle to hit either one of us - I hope!

Pulling himself together, with a deep breath, Lionheart pulled himself together putting what reserves his body had left into his speed. With his Psi blast and other mental powers several hampered from over doing it, he needed to do something even if it was only to be as annoying as possible and spoil the villain's aim. If he tagged Miss Victory, given the punch he was hit with, she'd be a nasty smear. And he wasn't going to stand ideally by and let that be the case if he could help it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 23 2020, 22:44

ooc: There is some rule about afterimages when using superspeed like that. Not sure what it is though.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Admin and Steeple_jackuk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24 2020, 16:45

OOC Afterimages. Great idea! Dave (E) remember Superman II in the fortress of solitude where Zod and his cronies are ganging up on the man of steel? Obviously the film makers went a bit gonzo and gave him powers he doesn't have but the comic book writers did that over the years anyway. Basically we can explain what Supes was doing there by his use of Superspeed. Moving so fast that he leaves afterimages of himself that appear life like until you take a swing and fall through them. In the film his duplicates were able to talk and so on but we're not bothered about that.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 8 Afterimages

What that waffle boils down to is that to figure out which target is real the attacker must make a Perception Check (Int/Will) vs APs of Superspeed. So, 26. I can't think of any character in the DC Universe who would pass that apart from the cosmic types - Guardians of OA, Spectre and a few others. The guys you are facing are NOT that smart. So we'll go with that especially as you have no dice actions (stunned) but don't need to use a dice action with it!

Well done for pointing that out Dave M, Miss Victory just earned a one off HP bonus of 15 points. Current HP total now 29.

Lionheart moved FAST, so fast he appeared invisible for a moment before stepping back then forward, then racing off again!

Miss Victory blinked as she saw SIX (OOC I think Flash could manage the same but no more) additional copies of himself in various poses, some of them not so complemetary!

"A trick." muttered the Red skinned alien. "Albeit a good one."

"Which... which one is real?" shouted the muscled man. The Alien, clearly very very smart, tapped the side of his head.

"I shall not play your game little man. Instead, I shall burn your MIND!" he hisses, forming a mental connection with Lionheart and attacking him, mind to mind!

OOC Using Telepathy to attack mind to mind! Power Reserve used to boost will ... to 27!!!

Int 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
Int 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (22)
+3 (to 30) vs RV20=10 RAPs. Lionheart is on Mind 3/13!

Despite a searing pain in his head Lionheart stays on his (stunned) feet and continues to create afterimages!

"I thought you said no mind could resist your power?" snarled the brutish muscle man.

The red skinned alien turned. "Perhaps you would like a personal demonstration? The speedster is clearly very resistant to mental attack. no matter, another blast like that and he will go down, I guarantee it!"

"Then do HER as well!" said the Brute. "She's nearly as quick as that annoying *&^$%!"

"There is no need to be cruse." said the Alien. "I shall, as you say, strike both of them down mentally, otherwise their stalling tactics may attract other capes that require our attention. The Ultrahumans seem to be noticeably absent so far though. Nexus' plan is working. Divide... and CONQUER!" he said with a clenched fist.

"Nexus..." snarls the brute, but he doesn't say anything else.

=========

It had gone against every instinct, every fibre of his being, to 'run' from the battlefield and leave that brave pair against those powerful villains, but Superman had long since learned there were ways around battering away with his fists... and there were some opponents who would just not go down that way.

Then again...

Free of the boundaries of Earth he turned, staring at the sun. His dungarees were worse for wear now but where they touched his skin the bio electric forcefield that protected him would keep them immune to the effects of what was to come. Without the atmosphere to dampen down the yellow rays from the star in this solar system his cells soaked up the yellow rays in a special way. Superman started to glow. He knew given enough time he would burn bright like a star but time was something his companions on the ruined lawns of the White House didn't have! He hoped it would be enough! His time on Earth had matured his body. Kryptonite probably didn't even affect him any more though magic was still something that confounded him. Or had done, ten or more years ago since he retired and settled down. Bruce still confounded him, but he'd not seen him since ... that night. With a frown and feeling regret for years wasted he vowed to fly over to Gotham if he survived this fight and make things right!

Like a comet streaking down to Earth Superman set off back!

=========

Miss Victory saw seven Lionhearts zipping about the place and hoped it would fool the powerful brute who'd been swinging at her. Not only was he brutishly powerful, he was also astonishingly fast and only her beyond human agility had kept her from being battered! Just one punch... then she'd go down!

Everyone looked up. There was a CRACK! and a bright flare in the sky, heading down... It *might* be the energy villain who'd flown off but he'd gone in another direction with his tail between his legs. Might it be the Man of Steel returning?

OOC Miss Victory is up!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Nov 24 2020, 18:57

ooc: Don't think Miss Victory can even hit alien villain, not without a good team attack roll, so muscle villain is my only choice.

Devastating attack on him.

"Victory PUNCH!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25 2020, 10:23

Dev Attack AV20 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,5,6,8,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,4,+0 Total:26 (46) vs
OV18 + Dev Att 8 + 0D Acro (4D M Arts) + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total:17 (43)
+2 (to 21) vs RV31 - 12 (RV19)=2 RAPs. Muscled bad guy is on 14/16 Body

THWACK!

The big guy rubbed his jaw. "Huh. Victory Punch. That's cute."

OOC AV18 + 4D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 12,9,10,5,4,3,+0 Total:22 (40) vs
OV20 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,4,7,9,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
4,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:60 (!!!) (80) Attack Missed. BY A LOT!

The big man swung, again, and again and again! Each time Miss Victory showed astonishing agility and ducked, rolled, weaved and swayed to the side, leaving the muscled man sprawled in the dust and rising with pure rage on his face! "You makin a fool outta me woman? You think this funny? I'll show you! ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!" he roared, and his eyes started to glow!

OOC Wow, didn't expect that!

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 8 White-House-new-round

As you were. Lionheart is not stunned any longer. When you get HP being able to boost Int/Will for a secondary attack via Telepathy is highly recommended!

Assuming LH survives this epic war!

LH, Superman, Alien guy, Miss V then angry guy...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 25 2020, 12:44

Admin wrote:As you were. Lionheart is not stunned any longer. When you get HP being able to boost Int/Will for a secondary attack via Telepathy is highly recommended!

Assuming LH survives this epic war!

LH, Superman, Alien guy, Miss V then angry guy...[/i][/color]

Lionheart knew his regenerative powers had once again given him the leverage he needed to remain upright for a bit longer. Taking the breather for what it was, he launched into attacking the Alien whose mind abilities had so nearly brought him down.

OOC: OK Devastating attack with 3/2 split on him. And otherwise, the super speed movement to keep foiling the other guys and trying to spoil their aim.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 25 2020, 16:12

ooc: Um .. team attack alien with Superman maybe?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 25 2020, 18:52

OOC Alien guy will rejig his abilities... when it's his turn! Currently on 27 Will (!) so Lionheart and Superman can team attack on him...

Lionheart glanced up seeing a blazing comet CRACK! through the sound barrier and blaze down towards the battle! A scan with his telescopic vision showed Superman lit up like a meteor crashing to earth, save he was veering straight for the red skinned alien and Lionheart paused long enough so the pair of them could strike as one!

OOC Dev Att Team Attack Av26 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 12,10,10,12,6,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,11,+0 Total:45 (71) vs
OV14 + Dev Att 8 - team Attack 2 + 4D Acro (0D M Arts) + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,10,9,4,5,8,+0 Total:19 (39)
+9 (to 23) vs RV14 - Dev Att 12 (RV2)=21 RAps. The Red Skinned alien is DOWN and OUT!

Catching the alien off guard with sheer speed Lionheart delivered a thousand punches in the blink of an eye! When the dust cleared the alien was a hundred yards away embedded in a brick wall!

"Nice shot son, I just need to... *nnngh* adjust targets!" said Superman as he shifted his aim and sped towards the muscled villain!

OOC Superman has boosted Dex and STR by 10 points because over the years he's developed Power Reserve (Limitation: Must be fuelled by direct sunlight and has an increasing burnout after the first use starting at 6. So first check 6, next check, 7, next check 8 until the power burns out and he must recharge in direct sunlight in space sacrificing his dice action for the round).

CRIT BLOW AV25 + 4D (Cost 30HP Superman on 18HP) + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,5,10,10,8,7,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,3,+0
Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:48 (73) vs
OV18 + 4D Acro (0D M Arts) + failed team attack adjusted attack 4 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(6d12)+0: 5,9,1,9,7,7,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:25 (51)
+7 (to 42) vs RV31 - 6 Crit Blow (RV25)=17 RAPs. The Muscled villain is DOWN and OUT!

THOOM!

With a terrific punch Superman sends the villain into the sky then follows up with windows shattering THWACK and THWACK and THWACK! The villain crashes to the ground with an explosion of concrete in the middle of the street and Superman chases him into the hole where he scoops him up and flies back to the battle site, still glowing.

All the villains (outside the bunker) appeared to be DOWN and OUT for now, and the battle was over!

Battered, bruised and tired, Miss Victory looked about. The scene was a battlefield out of any war, the former seat of power in America now a ruin, fires burning and the ground smashed and churned up. However the American flag, though torn and singed, still flew on a crooked flagpole near the White House, despite having holes in it and being caught up in the fighting.

Lionheart looked about at the devastation. These were powerful enemies the likes of which he would not routinely face and the shockwave of their blows had wreaked havoc in the city of Washington DC. A massive group of downed heroes and villains was now being tended by paramedics with shocked soldiers and Police tentatively moving in.

"Can you two hold the fort?" asked a still fiery and glowing Superman. "I need to change my clothes, what's left of them." he said whilst stood in flames. "I'll see if the old costume still fits."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 25 2020, 20:54

Battered, bruised and tired, Miss Victory looked about. The scene was a battlefield out of any war, the former seat of power in America now a ruin, fires burning and the ground smashed and churned up. However the American flag, though torn and singed, still flew on a crooked flagpole near the White House, despite having holes in it and being caught up in the fighting.

Miss Victory, seeing the national flag still standing, snaps to and salutes it and bursts out singing the little known last verse of the Star Spangled Banner, the nation's anthem:

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

ooc: Yay, Serious Irrational Attraction! cheers cheers cheers

"Can you two hold the fort?" asked a still fiery and glowing Superman. "I need to change my clothes, what's left of them." he said whilst stood in flames. "I'll see if the old costume still fits."

"I know exactly what you mean about changing clothes, Superman Sir! None of mine seem to last more than a day or two," Miss Victory replies, snapping him a salute too, "so go ahead and change. I think we will be fine for another 3 to 5 minutes."

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 25 2020, 21:26

DavidMcMahon wrote:
"I know exactly what you mean about changing clothes, Superman Sir!  None of mine seem to last more than a day or two," Miss Victory replies, snapping him a salute too, "so go ahead and change.  I think we will be fine for another 3 to 5 minutes."

OOC: [i]Dave less volume I can hear you singing from here Wink

Lionheart nodded a wry knowing smile on his face. But truth be told he was just thankful that the big guy had brought it home. He had almost nothing left to give and had he not pulled that stunt he imagined that they'd be with the others hostages of Nexus. Not that things were over yet. Turning back to Miss Victory he said, "I'd better check on my friend. See if he is any closer to cracking that shield. Holla if anything else is amiss."

And with that, he was gone, mindful that this was hardly what one could say was a win for the Ultrahumans. But then again he was still standing, no small miracle and he was thankful for any crumbs that fell from that table in which way.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 10:33

Miss Victory kept watch on the bad guys hoping none of them would spring up fully healed and ready to go at it!

Her costume was pretty shredded, her hair a mess and she was sporting some serious bruising. Without any kind of rapid healing her Vita pill energy juggling was the only way she could heal until she'd had time to rest. As paramedics and armed forces moved in cautiously, the smoke blew across the battlefield and fire fighters struggled to contain the wild fires with burning vehicles and buildings threatening to go out of control.

She watched the skies and hoped no other bad guys turned up.

==========

"About blummin time you lot stopped shaking zis place. It's hard to outwit ze AI zet locks zis place down." muttered Wandafar who didn't turn around but somehow knew Lionheart had turned up behind him.

General Battle looked flustered. "The man is insufferable! How can you work with him? And what the bloody blazes is 'Eastenders' for pete's sake? the fate of the free world is in doubt!"

Wandafar turned from where he crouched. "Ze fate of ze vorld is not in doubt. Vile zis man lives und ze Vanguard are still around, I hef no doubt in my mind. You need to hef faith General. You act like a squealy little kid."

General Battle bristled and started forward, his super agents responding to the insult and Lionheart interposed himself between Wandafar and the General!

"Out of my way son. That idiot is going to get a piece of my mind! He's wasting time, I have to find another way into that..." started the General.

"Done." said Wandfar, standing and dusting off his hands. He settled his goggle on the top of his head and turned. "You are velcome. Lionheart cen you take me home before you open zis vault please, I am not a fighter. Ze passvurd is your secret identity. Speak it close to the vall. Quietly, unless you vant zis buffoon to know who you are."

General Battle looked mystified/enraged and looked between the Dwarf and the Vault door. "That's impossible! You can't have broken the AI code so fast! No one can! It's impregnable!"

"Whose code do you sink ze AI vaz based off? Ze additions were useful but clumsy. I shell look into tightening sings up. Assuming we are all still alive." said Wandafar.

"What about having faith?" asked the General.

"Have faith but hide behind a strong forcefield, just in case." muttered Wandafar. With a glance up at Lionheart he said "Let's go. I shell monitor your progress via ze suit." He looked at the sphere he'd travelled in. "Might take longer to get back."

"You men watch the gate. ANY changes let me know. I need to ensure some power sapping shackles are put on the bad guys and not the good guys." muttered General Battle, glancing with a scowl at Wandafar and marching off.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next