The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

3 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 9 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 26 2020, 12:39

Admin wrote:"You men watch the gate. ANY changes let me know. I need to ensure some power-sapping shackles are put on the bad guys and not the good guys." muttered General Battle, glancing with a scowl at Wandafar and marching off.

Lionheart stifled a smile, he could see that Wandafar was having fun at the General's expense and that he was probably dealing with his stress in such a way as well.

Looking at what remained of the Sphere, he thought it best could stay and although a journey through space out of the atmosphere was possible he'd need to curb his speed to protect his diminutive friend. A quick stop off to Miss Victory to explain his sudden disappearance and the fate of the vault and then he was away with Wandafar.

OOC: I will grab a new suit or something a bit better when I head back [Not sure if I did on the way out last time around] and then make the quick route back the other way asap.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 9 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..."

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 14:51

Using what remained of the sphere and an air supply for Wandafar in his space suit would get him back in good time - enough to heal perhaps and recover his mental abilities which he may need in the next hours or two.

Whatever was inside the vault with the President would not let the lady go easily!

Stopping off to see Miss Victory to explain, Lionheart went with General Battle who oversaw the shackling of the villains.

"Come on, MOVE IT!" shouted General Battle as black suited special ops soldiers rushed from arriving vans with weapons and heavy looking metallic shackles. More than that, power supplies for the nullifying devices and more and more soldiers were arriving, sealing off the area. It all looked secure, safe, sorted out.

Miss Victory ignored the glances and stares at her - even after a battle she was astonishing to look at. She continued to watch the skies and wait for the next wave of enemies. There had been two distinct waves. Would they give up? It didn't seem likely.

A distant CRACK turned eyes skywards and hundreds of guns train up... before relaxing ...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 9 Superman-DC-Comics-Kingdom-Come

Superman landed and started scooping up unconscious bad guys to have them shackled. Wearing his old Blue and Red costume brought memories back of a more innocent time, more black and white. These days were grey, and grim, and the shadow of ADVENT cast the world in increasing darkness.

After hearing Lionheart needed to get Wandafar back he nodded. "Do what you need to. I took the time to ask a friend to help out. It's been years since I last saw him and we didn't part on good terms, but he'll do what is right." He glanced about. "Even if it isn't battling with people who could topple skyscrapers with a missed punch. What a mess. Where are the Ultrahumans? The Justice League paid their dues. They are still around but the Ultras are supposed to be a tier, more, higher than even I was. So what happened?" he asked Miss Victory.

Lionheart took off for England, angling the least damage side forward and getting a mile or two up before pouring on the speed...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 26 2020, 15:43

Superman landed and started scooping up unconscious bad guys to have them shackled. Wearing his old Blue and Red costume brought memories back of a more innocent time, more black and white. These days were grey, and grim, and the shadow of ADVENT cast the world in increasing darkness.

After hearing Lionheart needed to get Wandafar back he nodded. "Do what you need to. I took the time to ask a friend to help out. It's been years since I last saw him and we didn't part on good terms, but he'll do what is right." He glanced about. "Even if it isn't battling with people who could topple skyscrapers with a missed punch. What a mess. Where are the Ultrahumans? The Justice League paid their dues. They are still around but the Ultras are supposed to be a tier, more, higher than even I was. So what happened?" he asked Miss Victory.

Lionheart took off for England, angling the least damage side forward and getting a mile or two up before pouring on the speed...

Miss Victory fills Superman and the General in on all that's happened since she first answered the call or rather stuck her nose into the Prison Break, not leaving out anything, including her failures to save anyone and to stop the madness. She brings up her beliefs that Advent is highly involved in all of it and are trying to use the villains to help them take over the world. That the highest ranking villains are aware of this and are using the Advent for their own purposes and their belief that they can handle the Advent anytime they want to or will just leave the Earth and go elsewhere to carry out their individual dreams. That so many manufactured emergencies across the world has the Ultrahumans spread thin and many are injured or dead because of this and the prison break. They were so desperate for bodies, that they made her a member of the team after the Prison Break, even though she has no real track record of fighting crime and supervillains other than the Prison Break.

"And that leads us up to today and now we can get in past the forcefield and try to rescue the President once Lionheart returns," she finishes up.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 20:36

Superman listens with a frown. "Foolish and presumptuous to expect the most powerful supervillains on the planet would stay put in one place. Frankly I'm surprised it took this long to escape from their 'Gulag'." he said.

There was a distant CRACK! and the soldiers, already twitchy, looked to the sky.

"Relax!" shouted Superman. "He's with me."

Like a bolt of lightning a figure clad all in red appeared in their midst! Smoke and ozone cast about the area and the hero known as "Captain Marvel" made his appearance. And he wasn't happy.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 9 Captain-marvel

"I told you a LONG time ago that I would no longer be your errand boy Kal El! If you recall, and I'm sure you do, I said if we ever met again it would not ... be... as..." he seemed to notice the utter devastation for the first time. "... friends." he muttered. "By Zeus' beard, what happened here?"

Superman looked about then waved him down. "A plot, by ADVENT and I have no reason to dispute this young woman's claims. Miss Victory, this is Captain Marvel." she said, introducing the pair. Still looking miffed at the Man of Steel the handsome fellow in the red suit smiled tightly and shook her hand. "A pleasure ma'am. Don't believe everything he tells you."

"Captain... " said Superman. "Back then you were a child, with a childlike view of the world. Things are not so black and white these days."

"Yes, yes, shades of grey and all that." snarled Captain Marvel. "You used me, you used my power! Well I was just a boy back then but now I'm a grown man, and more powerful than you ever were! The magic is..." he paused and looked about. "What is that?"

Superman frowned. "What I don't... oh no. Magic?" he said, glancing about then he shouted "GET THE SHACKLES ON THOSE VILLAINS! GET CLEAR EVERYONE! GO! GO!"

About 50 yards away a glowing light appeared, floating in the air. It got wider, and wider and wider...

Miss Victory swallowed, a lump in her throat. The villains knew their plans had been thwarted and were sending someone else in. Apparently magically powered!

Her bad day had gone from rotten to terrible to catastrophic and Lionheart was away taking his friend back to England! She glanced at Superman and Captain Marvel, two people barely keeping from each others throats and saw the 'gate' widen... With dark figures stepping from it!

=========

Lionheart took a slow steady arc over the sky. He'd said he would be back as soon as he could but needed the breather for his powers to return.

Besides the damaged sphere would not survive a journey into space and Wandafar would burn up due to the speed he was limited to. Mind you... he listened to the Dwarf prattle on about Coronation Street and Eastenders and wondered if a little extra speed wouldn't go amiss.

Behind him he had no idea all hell was about to break loose.

LITERALLY!

OOC END OF ISSUE and I think you could use the HP!

55HP standard award (the enemies were never overwhelming because you can escape. Or at least have a slim chance of escaping.)

275HP for Miss Victory and Lionheart each

Lionheart has 277HP
Miss Victory has 304HP

Remember ACCURACY guys! This time only you buy it as if it were a new skill at character creation time rather than as if you were increasing something.

Oh and I think you (David M) mentioned accuracy for a punch. We call that Martial Artist Very Happy

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 26 2020, 20:37

Admin wrote:Lionheart took off for England, angling the least damage side forward and getting a mile or two up before pouring on the speed...

From up here, the world's problems looked so small. There was something so wonderful so peaceful about being up above it all, but then you couldn't live here. Lionheart was amazing self-sufficient, but he had come to appreciate the small things that came with being part of a team. He liked the way the Catherine used to put on a pot of coffee in the morning or after a night out doing what they did. He appreciated the noise and chatter from Wandafar's bay with Eastenders music competing with any number of other soaps and drama's he was catching up with as he tinkered with some new device. Then he appreciated the calm grounded confidence that Frostbite exuded whenever he walked into a room. Without meaning to, without trying he just owned the space and you knew he was in it, even if he was not the single most powerful super in a room.

With a small sigh, he wondered if he'd capture anything like that with the Ultrahumans. He pulled his mind back to the present as he spotted his entry point and shielding Wandarfar with his body as he descended through the atmosphere he hoped to make sure his friend arrived as he had left.

There down, down, down was England and then the corner he had called home and then the mansion, and then without a sound, he was down.

OOC: OK feel free to mess with that if it doesn't fit with what you wanted to be there. But I wanted to get a bit reflective before things started to amp up again.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 20:39

OOC We crossed but it works (read what I put) and if you need a list of suggestions for Lionheart I'll get on it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Nov 26 2020, 20:45

[quote="Admin"275HP for Miss Victory and Lionheart each

Lionheart has 277HP
Miss Victory has 304HP

Remember ACCURACY guys! This time only you buy it as if it were a new skill at character creation time rather than as if you were increasing something.

Oh and I think you (David M) mentioned accuracy for a punch. We call that Martial Artist Very Happy[/i][/color]

[/quote]

OOC: Cool ending, or just beginning.

As regards to powers can I buy accuracy for Martial Arts and Psi blast? And last time we talked about LH we talked about boosting INT and WILL "25.11.2020> When you get HP being able to boost Int/Will for a secondary attack via Telepathy is highly recommended!" Can we cost that up please ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 21:19

OOC Accuracy doesn't work for Punching, use Martial Artist instead. Accuracy is there to give you extra dice to roll when using powers, something that has been sorely missing! By introducing that we've added the thing that you could only previously get by spending HP. Finally I think we've moved from the HP Mountain dependency.

Of course existing characters (like Superman) have few or no skills so still depend on the HP. Batman could (in theory) give him a run for his money with his skills but only for a second or two.

LIONHEART 277HP

Add Int to Power Reserve 50HP (Telepathy needs Int/Will as a backup attack, boosting Int is the attack/defence)
Add Will to Power Reserve 50HP (Telepathy needs Int/Will as a backup attack, boosting Will is the damage)
If your powers burn out again use Telepathy. You can still kick ass mentally.
Add Mind Blast to Power Reserve 50HP (THIS... this.. this ... will elevate Lionheart into the upper tiers of power and means you face tougher fellows) get this and youo have 28 Mind Blast. That is serious power. More potent than anything you can do with superspeed.
Accuracy (Mind Blast) 7 61HP (7 is the sweet spot gives you 4 dice. 11 gets you 5 dice.)
Add Infl to Power Reserve 50HP (this helps avoid magic attacks)

leaves 16HP

Any thoughts David M?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 26 2020, 21:24

304 HP to spend

Since Miss Victory's only attack are strength and martial arts, let's see about buying Accuracy for that - martial arts, so she can use it even when she isn't powered up. Does going up to 8 or 9 AP in Accuracy add in another die? How much does that cost?
I think one of the cheapest things to do would be to raise Strength and Body both up to 8 for 210 HP. That will free up 3 more points I can use in my Power Reserve.

OR

Just buy Regen and 1 Ap of it, added into the Vita Pill AND get Accuracy for Martial Arts with what's left in HP. What would that cost?

OR

Buy Accuracy and telescopic vision and raise sealed systems to 10, which would be the limit since that would be one hour and that's the duration of the Vita Pill and then ...

OR

IDeas anyone?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 26 2020, 21:36

Admin wrote:OOC Accuracy doesn't work for Punching, use Martial Artist instead. Accuracy is there to give you extra dice to roll when using powers, something that has been sorely missing! By introducing that we've added the thing that you could only previously get by spending HP. Finally I think we've moved from the HP Mountain dependency.

Of course existing characters (like Superman) have few or no skills so still depend on the HP. Batman could (in theory) give him a run for his money with his skills but only for a second or two.

LIONHEART 277HP

Add Int to Power Reserve 50HP (Telepathy needs Int/Will as a backup attack, boosting Int is the attack/defence)
Add Will to Power Reserve 50HP (Telepathy needs Int/Will as a backup attack, boosting Will is the damage)
If your powers burn out again use Telepathy. You can still kick ass mentally.
Add Mind Blast to Power Reserve 50HP (THIS... this.. this ... will elevate Lionheart into the upper tiers of power and means you face tougher fellows) get this and youo have 28 Mind Blast. That is serious power. More potent than anything you can do with superspeed.
Accuracy (Mind Blast) 7 61HP (7 is the sweet spot gives you 4 dice. 11 gets you 5 dice.)
Add Infl to Power Reserve 50HP (this helps avoid magic attacks)

leaves 16HP

Any thoughts David M?

Dispersal maybe, so he can move much faster without creating massive sonic booms and adds to his defense?
Up his superspeed?
UP his power reserve? The more powers that you have that can use it, the more spread out and thinned out the amount of points you can put into any powers you need.
Raise his Dex and the skills that are linked to it? Or is that more than he has HP to spend?
Raise Danger Sense?
Get Accuracy on all your attack powers and martial arts?
Raise Force Field, being able to protect yourself and teammates from big blasts?

Lionheart has a great deal of powers and skills so hard to say what to do.

Wanna learn magic? Get Magic Blast and Magic Shield. You then become a triple threat able to do physical, mental and magical damage.

Good luck in deciding where to go! sunny sunny
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 22:10

DavidMcMahon wrote:304 HP to spend

Since Miss Victory's only attack are strength and martial arts, let's see about buying Accuracy for that - martial arts, so she can use it even when she isn't powered up.  Does going up to 8 or 9 AP in Accuracy add in another die?  How much does that cost?
I think one of the cheapest things to do would be to raise Strength and Body both up to 8 for 210 HP.  That will free up 3 more points I can use in my Power Reserve.

OR

Just buy Regen and 1 Ap of it, added into the Vita Pill AND get Accuracy for Martial Arts with what's left in HP.  What would that cost?

OR

Buy Accuracy and telescopic vision and raise sealed systems to 10, which would be the limit since that would be one hour and that's the duration of the Vita Pill and then ...

OR

IDeas anyone?

OOC When hand to hand attack Martial Artist is used. Accuracy is for everything else that uses Dice.

Regen costs 10x Base Cost (250) and On the AP increase chart FC8 (or 7 with the only when using Vita Pill) its another 70HP. 320. Too much.

If you want mental attacks buy telepathy (240HP for 1AP) and add Int to Power Reserve and Will next time, as per Lionheart.

Buy higher stats, Body, Str etc (180HP gets you Str 8 Body 8)

Or... Hang on. Regen BC250 and add it to Power Reserve. Tad daaaa! 300HP and you have 23 Regeneration. There ya go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 27 2020, 00:41

So if Accuracy is for anything that use dice, can we use it with Acrobatics too? Or are you saying no Accuracy with Martial Arts?

And how fast would someone be regnerating with a regen of 23? Healing before the blow even lands!?!?!?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 27 2020, 02:08

So what do you think of this? Did I get the points right?

304 HP to spend

Hmmm, how about I give her Lightning as a power?  We say she develops a bio-electric blast due to the Vita Pill energy coursing through her body.  Then we give her Accuracy with that power.

61 HP for 7 APs of Accuracy.
Lightning BC15/FC3-1=2 for power comes from Vita Pill.  So 150+20 Lightning 1AP= 170
73 HP left to spend.
What's the cost of adding Lightning to the Power Reserve?  Is it 50 HP per power after character creation?

If so, I would have either 23 HP left over to play with or could spend 20 to give me 2 APs of lightning with 3 HP left to play with.

Hmm if I have 2AP of Lighting, I could use Power Reserve to max it out to 23 and have 2 left to put into Dex for a 12 Dex, throw in 4 dice for accuracy and I might be able to hit the big league guys we are currently facing.  Maybe?

What do you think?

Last edited by DavidMcMahon on Fri Nov 27 2020, 09:56; edited 1 time in total
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 27 2020, 02:17

Just as a selfish aside, this:

would put Miss Victory pretty much out of the adventure as she is just barely in range of Lionheart foe level now, this would drop her down to faithful sidekick that has to get rescued. Sleep Sleep Sleep
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27 2020, 09:37

DavidMcMahon wrote:So if Accuracy is for anything that use dice, can we use it with Acrobatics too? Or are you saying no Accuracy with Martial Arts?

And how fast would someone be regnerating with a regen of 23?  Healing before the blow even lands!?!?!?

OOC Accuracy gives dice for dice actions that have no applicable normal dice aside from Hero Points dice. Skills provide many skill dice for a lot of actions but not for powers, that is the hole that Accuracy dice fills.

You can only add dice from two sources. From one Skill and from Hero Points (with an inflated cost).

You can't combine dice from two skills.

The Regeneration rules suggest its pointless to get over 10APs. You get an extra recovery roll for every AP over 10 so it's pretty pointless seeing as every check will usually be vs OV/RV 0 and very easy to pass.

10APs into Regen is about all she'd ever need.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 27 2020, 09:57

DavidMcMahon wrote:So what do you think of this?  Did I get the points right?

304 HP to spend

Hmmm, how about I give her Lightning as a power?  We say she develops a bio-electric blast due to the Vita Pill energy coursing through her body.  Then we give her Accuracy with that power.

Lightning BC15/FC3-1=2 for power comes from Vita Pill.  So 150+20 Lightning 1AP= 170
73 HP left to spend.
What's the cost of adding Lightning to the Power Reserve?  Is it 50 HP per power after character creation?

If so, I would have either 23 HP left over to play with or could spend 20 to give me 2 APs of lightning with 3 HP left to play with.

Hmm if I have 2AP of Lighting, I could use Power Reserve to max it out to 23 and have 2 left to put into Dex for a 12 Dex, throw in 4 dice for accuracy and I might be able to hit the big league guys we are currently facing.  Maybe?

What do you think?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27 2020, 11:32

DavidMcMahon wrote:So what do you think of this?  Did I get the points right?

304 HP to spend

73 HP left to spend.

What do you think?

OOC This looks good. Not sure if any benefits over energy blast or mind blast other than base cost. You can but any attack power up to 25 Base cost so I would suggest instead you go for mind drain or vampire (or is that 30)? Attack AND adds to your body/mind/spirit whichever one you get. 2 birds one stone. Call it the vita pill being able to not only supply you energy but draw energy from others or something. I'm pretty relaxed with new powers. So long as you don't suddenly start mystic linking stuff or shape changing (and even then that could be explained away) then I'm pretty much good with most things.

As for costs:

BC x 10 for new power then FC on the AP increasing chart. I Would go all day with a burn out as you have back up attacks and it really doesn't happen THAT often. In this case it's kind of added to the story - Lionheart will be delayed getting back while he takes time to heal unless something makes him decide to turn around and I wouldn't expect either of you guys to suddenly present your characters as having a 'weird feeling and need to go back' meta game style.

As for Lionheart with Mind Blast I was very iffy about suggesting it. Mind and Mystical powers of that magnitude mean the bad guys ramp up to provide a challenge and you may end up going back to solo adventures. However, the old argument of Batman and Green Arrow in the same team as Wonder Woman and Superman springs up. Sure you can't hit as hard but you may do other things better. Lionheart is skill laden though and has been improving over a decade so you'd expect him to amass more abilities (and they were tied into the story of his nemesis Saladin) but with the same token you are in the same team as Silver Sentinel and Thunder Woman so at some point you guys will feel like a third wheel unless I steer the story carefully.

The drain powers are 20 BC (Mind/Spirit) and 25BC Vampirism. You could get 23APs Vampirism as a ranged attack, means of healing and with 0 APs with 50HP to add to Power Reserve. Mind Drain might be better - Mind Maiden wasn't that powerful but she could be back and give a reason for Miss Victory to suddenly start gathering mental abilities.

That would make the third player character in this game who hears voices in their head. I think you should all consider seeing a shrink Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27 2020, 11:39

OOC Dave E/Lionheart Dave M has raised a valid point. in terms of bang/buck adding Power Reserve to Mind Blast would make Lionheart staggeringly powerful and be (by far) his best attack. However doing that may overshadow a number of the characters you run with and essentially relegate you to adventuring solo rather than as part of a group again. Something to bear in mind. The people you face would be changed so as to prevent a challenge instead of lined up like cardboard cutouts to be knocked over.

There may be some delay over the weekend guys as I'm juggling house hunting/having my son over/seeing my (back on) girlfriend on Saturday night/Sunday so I would expect to be back up to speed on Sunday night and we'll get characters updated by then hopefully and the next issue up. ADVENT will be (increasingly) playing a greater role in the crossover event for all characters (Kid Kinetic is not affected and neither are the guys in the 50s) and Frostbite is... well, we'll see.

I'll check in later and update if I can! Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 27 2020, 14:37

The drain powers are 20 BC (Mind/Spirit) and 25BC Vampirism. You could get 23APs Vampirism as a ranged attack, means of healing and with 0 APs with 50HP to add to Power Reserve. Mind Drain might be better - Mind Maiden wasn't that powerful but she could be back and give a reason for Miss Victory to suddenly start gathering mental abilities.

304 hp to spend

Let's see
Vampirism 25BC or 250 to purchase.  FC 9 minus -1FC power pill, -1FC for low burn out so FC7 1 AP would cost 70 HP. Put in Power Reserve for 50 HP.  Get Accuracy 7AP for 61 HP equals 431 HP.  Drop the 1 AP of power and it is 361 HP  Heals Body

Mind Drain heals Mind/Spiritual Drain heals Spirit both of these at 0 AP and Power Reserve would cost me 250 HP and only have 54 HP left to buy Accuracy.  Not sure how many dice of accuracy that is.

Really really want to get a power I can use Accuracy with so I have a better chance at multi-attack or devastating attack.

Raise BOdy or Str by 1 60 HP

Mental Blast is basically a TK blast as it does physical not mental damage.  Mind Blast Costs more and does mental damage.

So that would be:
Accuracy 7 Aps for 61 HP for Mental Blast
Add MB to Power Reserve for 50 HP
MB BC15/FC3 take a -1 for using pill, take -1 for burn out for FC1.  So 150 BC leaves 43 HP.  Then 4 APs of MB, leaves 3 HP.

So that's what I will do
Buy Mental Blast and 4 APs with limitations of needing Vita Pill and whatever Burn Out gives me a -1FC [190HP]
Put Mental Blast into Power Reserve [50HP]
7 APs of Accuracy with Mental Blast [61 HP]
3 HP left to adventure with.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Nov 27 2020, 19:24

Admin wrote:OOC Dave E/Lionheart Dave M has raised a valid point. in terms of bang/buck adding Power Reserve to Mind Blast would make Lionheart staggeringly powerful and be (by far) his best attack. However doing that may overshadow a number of the characters you run with and essentially relegate you to adventuring solo rather than as part of a group again. Something to bear in mind. The people you face would be changed so as to prevent a challenge instead of lined up like cardboard cutouts to be knocked over.

There may be some delay over the weekend guys as I'm juggling house hunting/having my son over/seeing my (back on) girlfriend on Saturday night/Sunday so I would expect to be back up to speed on Sunday night and we'll get characters updated by then hopefully and the next issue up. ADVENT will be (increasingly) playing a greater role in the crossover event for all characters (Kid Kinetic is not affected and neither are the guys in the 50s) and Frostbite is... well, we'll see.

I'll check in later and update if I can! Cheers, Paul

OOCHey Paul, hope the weekend goes well. As regards to Lionheart, I am not about outshining anyone that is why we traded up to the Ultrahumans. I'm happy to bring mindblast into a more serviceable range that fits with working with Miss Victory and or putting the points into something else what about what you suggested with Telepathy "When you get HP being able to boost Int/Will for a secondary attack via Telepathy is highly recommended!"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30 2020, 14:45

OOC With regards Lionheart boosting his Mind Blast by power reserve you can always hold that one off and get it another time, at which point he and Miss Victory will part ways. When the pair of them are similar (high dex punch stuff) but one does it better AND has a back up that can one shot bad guys suited to fight the weaker of the two characters its a careful balance to strike and one that should be considered. Not saying you can't, or don't boost Mind blast, just that if you do, you'll be going solo more often with LH.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 9 Miss-Victory-Nov-2020

That look ok Dave M?

With regards Lionheart I'd suggest a couple more points on Mind Blast to 15 (30HP), get Accuracy skill 7AP for Mind Blast (61HP) and add int/Will to power reserve (100HP). This is potentially more powerful than Mind Blast BUT the other guy can strike back (so even if they don't have mind powers you are giving them a shot back at you) and won't burn out. Against really dumb opponents this could be far more effective but it also allows you to be really smart/strong will where required and helps with figuring stuff out/detection etc. Last issue was ALL about scrapping your way through the prison then the White House, this one will be more back to superhero stuff - figuring things out, tracking people down, saving the day instead of who is left standing after 12 rounds.

If you spend those points you have 86HP left. You could buy a placeholder (that is a power with no use but will be fine to add to later) like Chameleon (change appearance), Comprehend Language (as a hero who will be travelling the world this is handy) or save the points for Dispersal so as to zip about and not cause buildings to fall down or for use in the game. History shows you'll need them and I think Miss V will struggle with 3 Hp but time will tell!

Your call, but like I say when (if!) the White House FINALLY gets saved the problems are far from over!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 30 2020, 14:49

Admin wrote:OOC With regards Lionheart boosting his Mind Blast by power reserve you can always hold that one off and get it another time, at which point he and Miss Victory will part ways. When the pair of them are similar (high dex punch stuff) but one does it better AND has a back up that can one shot bad guys suited to fight the weaker of the two characters its a careful balance to strike and one that should be considered. Not saying you can't, or don't boost Mind blast, just that if you do, you'll be going solo more often with LH.

OOC: Nah don't mind staying with Miss V for now, so as a result, therefore let's go with the suggestion you made below Paul and instead of buying a placeholder power I'll just hold onto those remaining HP for now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 30 2020, 15:00

That looks good to me. Thanks.

BTW, did you mean Mind Blast or Telepathy for Lionheart.

Lionheart I'd suggest a couple more points on Mind Blast to 15 (30HP), get Accuracy skill 7AP for Mind Blast (61HP) and add int/Will to power reserve (100HP). This is potentially more powerful than Mind Blast BUT the other guy can strike back (so even if they don't have mind powers you are giving them a shot back at you) and won't burn out.

Admin wrote:[color=#0033cc]OOC With regards Lionheart boosting his Mind Blast by power reserve you can always hold that one off and get it another time, at which point he and Miss Victory will part ways. When the pair of them are similar (high dex punch stuff) but one does it better AND has a back up that can one shot bad guys suited to fight the weaker of the two characters its a careful balance to strike and one that should be considered. Not saying you can't, or don't boost Mind blast, just that if you do, you'll be going solo more often with LH.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #1 Starring Miss Victory and Lionheart! "White House Down..." - Page 9 Miss-Victory-Nov-2020

That look ok Dave M?

With regards Lionheart I'd suggest a couple more points on Mind Blast to 15 (30HP), get Accuracy skill 7AP for Mind Blast (61HP) and add int/Will to power reserve (100HP). This is potentially more powerful than Mind Blast BUT the other guy can strike back (so even if they don't have mind powers you are giving them a shot back at you) and won't burn out. Against really dumb opponents this could be far more effective but it also allows you to be really smart/strong will where required and helps with figuring stuff out/detection etc. Last issue was ALL about scrapping your way through the prison then the White House, this one will be more back to superhero stuff - figuring things out, tracking people down, saving the day instead of who is left standing after 12 rounds.

If you spend those points you have 86HP left. You could buy a placeholder (that is a power with no use but will be fine to add to later) like Chameleon (change appearance), Comprehend Language (as a hero who will be travelling the world this is handy) or save the points for Dispersal so as to zip about and not cause buildings to fall down or for use in the game. History shows you'll need them and I think Miss V will struggle with 3 Hp but time will tell!

Your call, but like I say when (if!) the White House FINALLY gets saved the problems are far from over!
]/color]
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30 2020, 16:15

OOC Mind Blast 15 + 4D Accuracy would be the main mind attack. Telepathy has a range of 8 (unless boosted with power reserve) and requires Int/Will as the attack/damage so with 15 points to split between them that would put it at 16/16 (and the points split can be varied between both) but chances are Lionheart would be dodging punches/energy blasts and pouring power reserve into Superspeed so Telepathy would be more of a backup or one that could be used if he's not being punched by Darkseid level enemies. If Mind Blast burns out then the juggling begins using those Power Reserve 15 points for Superspeed, Force Field, Int/Will for telepathy, flight and so on. I would say Dave E could go up to about 18 Mind Blast (same as Mind Maiden) while still adventuring with Miss Victory so as not to make Miss V superfluous.

If Dave wants to put the Accuracy/4D into attacking with Telepathy that would make his Mind Blast pretty much secondary, but that's his choice. he can also spend some of his 86 points to boost Mind Blast to 18 as well but I really, really recommend hanging onto some points for last ditch defence!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 30 2020, 20:41

Admin wrote:OOC Mind Blast 15 + 4D Accuracy would be the main mind attack. Telepathy has a range of 8 (unless boosted with power reserve) and requires Int/Will as the attack/damage so with 15 points to split between them that would put it at 16/16 (and the points split can be varied between both) but chances are Lionheart would be dodging punches/energy blasts and pouring power reserve into Superspeed so Telepathy would be more of a backup or one that could be used if he's not being punched by Darkseid level enemies. If Mind Blast burns out then the juggling begins using those Power Reserve 15 points for Superspeed, Force Field, Int/Will for telepathy, flight and so on. I would say Dave E could go up to about 18 Mind Blast (same as Mind Maiden) while still adventuring with Miss Victory so as not to make Miss V superfluous.

If Dave wants to put the Accuracy/4D into attacking with Telepathy that would make his Mind Blast pretty much secondary, but that's his choice. he can also spend some of his 86 points to boost Mind Blast to 18 as well but I really, really recommend hanging onto some points for last ditch defence!

OOC: I will hold onto the HP and do as you say with Telepathy and Accuracy and see how we get on. If after a few adventures it ain't working then maybe we can review it. But for now, that sounds like it gives me a fair few options. Thanks Paul

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next