The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

3 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 10 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 18 2020, 21:17

Admin wrote:Time seemed to slow and he was aware of five targets, all dressed in prison orange...

OOC Threat Level could be a rough indication of how threatened Lionheart would feel. For instance the highest (4) means the guy is near enough Lionhearts level that he could give him trouble if not taken down quickly because it means the others can beat on him if he has his hands full.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 10 Russian-prisoners-sheet

OOC: OK they are shouting at one another, but are they attacking or threatening us? I am wondering if we can find a way to get through them before we have to deploy fisticuffs, however I don't want to give up the element of surprise and if that is going to be lost, without any substantial or semi-obvious trade-offs, then I go for F with Mind blast asap Devastating attack.

Banks with no money - no not after lending it to however many folks on furlough Shocked

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 10 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18 2020, 21:47

OOC Need to hit sack for work so update tomorrow but don't get me started on banks... They've moved the goal posts for house deposits so I need to find another 12.5k to buy a house (85% deposit. Good job I live in the North as 250k wouldn't buy me a shed in the south!). Great. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 19 2020, 15:13

To Lionheart it seemed as if two of the people in prison orange were Russian and shouting to give orders to the others who were... reluctant ... to follow them.

When the door opened and Lionheart stepped out (OOC still in prison orange carrying his suit or in his 'I'm a superhero take a swing at me' guise?) followed by Lupus and Possessor everything stopped and all six turned to face the newcomers.

One of them stepped up. "кто ты и чем занимаешься здесь? Мы отвечаем сейчас!"*

Lupus hissed "What did he say?"

Possessor snarled "It didn't sound friendly!"

OOC Lionheart can't speak Russian! In an out of character fashion only, I'll translate... "who are you and what is your business here? WE are in charge now!" Thanks google Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 19 2020, 20:08

Admin wrote:One of them stepped up. "кто ты и чем занимаешься здесь? Мы отвечаем сейчас!"*

Lupus hissed "What did he say?"

Possessor snarled "It didn't sound friendly!"

OOC Lionheart can't speak Russian! In an out of character fashion only, I'll translate... "who are you and what is your business here? WE are in charge now!" Thanks google Smile

Lionheart raised his eyes skywards, muttering under his breath about not taking Russian before adding, "What's it going to cost to gain passage, we're just passing through...?"

He realised that the chances were passage was going to be costly, but that they'd turned up here and were clearly not part of a mass group from one of the upper floors might suggest that they were not some sort of take-over crew. But then again, crooks were not always the most enlightened thinking group.

He looked across at the guys who were clearly uneasy about being here...he nodded sympathetically, "Bummer having to be someone else's fag! What you gonna do with a big bad bully eh?"

OOC: I suspect this is going to be a dead-end, but it's giving me a chance to get into position if I have to fight my way out of this. However, you never know, if you don't ask...but assuming that asking is not the name of the game today, we go for Devastating attack with mind blast on Mr level 4 Russian, and see if we can't get the others to either back out or just back off. My thinking is if I can take down the big bad bully the others might just be pleased to leave us alone.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 20 2020, 20:03

One of the Prisoners turns. "Who are you? A limey? What are you doing on level 4? We got orders to shut up shop an that means you turn round or there'll be trouble!"

"One of these Russkies seems to think THEY are in charge now!"

"Huh, what does Mindshark say 'bout that?"

"He said they took out Mindshark!"

The Prisoners squared up against each other and one of them turned to Lionheart "Help us take out these Russkies an' you get a pass, Limey!"

OOC Lionheart goes first. Aiming for the guy who gives the greatest threat...

Mind Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (24) vs
OV8 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:7 (23) +1 (to 14) vs RV16 -12 (4)=10 RAPs Russian tough guy is DOWN and OUT! Huh, so much for statting him up! A lucky roll (you roll average he rolls low) and BOOM lights out!

The Russians' companion (also Russian) sees his more powerful companion go down and Possessor seizes her chance!

OOC Personality Transfer 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:13 (28) vs
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,7,+0 Total:15 (20) +4 EV (to 19) vs RV8=11 RAPs. Possessor CONTROLS the Russian!

Possessor vanishes and suddenly the Russian speaks in an accented voice "This guy IS strong!" whilst flexing his/her fists!

The other prisoners are taken aback by this and Lupus snarls "Anyone else wanna argue with us? I still gotta get my pound o flesh!"

One - a woman - steps forward. "We are not without power but the Russians taking over this level ... that's a BAD thing! They are organised, ruthless, powerful... if they HAVE taken down Mindshark... don't get me wrong. NONE of us are angels, but there was no lying to Mindshark. In the short time we've been out of our cells he's organised us, quelled any trouble, sorted things out and made it clear that it was his way or no way. After that was done... we then only had to watch out for people from other floors. We don't need to go through that chaos again! I, Mysteria, shall not oppose you if you help to take on these Russian usurpers!"

"Mindshark was a jerk!" said one

"Only if you didn't obey the same rules everyone else decided to follow!"

"Who put him in charge?"

"He did! You know he is powerful, a natural leader and he protected everyone regardless of who they were or where they came from if they submitted to his leadership! Some of the worst..."

"Yeah yeah I know." said the other prisoner, cutting her off. "I get it. We got some scumbags in this place. Super powered scumbags. I get it." He turned to Lionheart. "So, who are you and..." he glanced at Possessor/Russian Strongman and Lupus "...why are you here?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jun 20 2020, 20:26

Admin wrote:"Yeah yeah I know." said the other prisoner, cutting her off. "I get it. We got some scumbags in this place. Super powered scumbags. I get it." He turned to Lionheart. "So, who are you and..." he glanced at Possessor/Russian Strongman and Lupus "...why are you here?"

"Chitchat can wait if Mindshark was the dog who kept everyone from eating one another, and the Russians took him out then they will make us all bark to their tune. I'm for getting Mindshark back on his feet, that's who I am. So unless you guys are gonna lollygag here all day, where have they got him holed up, or is it a bit late for that?"

OOC: How long can Possessor stay with the Russian she has, I am wondering if we can use her in him to bust out Mindshark and upset the Russians little plan, besides it might help if we are to get any further on this level without so much as a by your leave or anything. My plan is to find Lady Liberty and get to the control room, but if we need to sort out a bit of inter prison conflict wins some goodwill and a passage that gets us to where we want, a slight detour might be the only way to achieve it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 20 2020, 23:48

The Prisoners looked at each other. "If Mindshark was taken out... his meeting room - what was a general room for the Prison Officers on this level - will be where they are holding him I suppose."

They glanced at each other. Mysteria sighed. "I'll take you there."

Possessor explained "I can stay in here for quite a while I think. The man whose body this is was strong and dextrous - tough as well I think - but not particularly smart or strong willed. I can feel him struggling against my power but it would take him an hour or longer... maybe even a day, to break free."

Lupus mumbled "It's weird knowing you are a woman in a man's body."

The other prisoners looked uncomfortable but had effectively been saved by Lionheart and his friends so kept quiet. Mysteria led the way. "Mindshark is fair but strict. No abuse, no crime committed against each other. He lobotomised three guys who sought to take advantage of the chaos and killed two more. He's not a good person, but then the majority of us are in here for committing crimes of some kind. Oh some are innocent of anything but not being able to control their powers but are too powerful to be safely dealt with or rehabilitated."

They turned a corner and saw - down a long corridor - a large group, possibly twenty or more, of orange suited prisoners standing in the corridor looking into what Mysteria described as the room where Mindshark was normally found. She faltered and said "This is as far as I go! You're on your own from here!" and started to leave...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 21 2020, 13:15

Admin wrote:They turned a corner and saw - down a long corridor - a large group, possibly twenty or more, of orange suited prisoners standing in the corridor looking into what Mysteria described as the room where Mindshark was normally found. She faltered and said "This is as far as I go! You're on your own from here!" and started to leave...

Lionheart stopped her and said hesitantly "Thank you for what its worth, I know life here takes on a different colour when the rules are gone, but I hope we can right some wrongs. You've given me a lot to think about."

Lionheart then nodded to Possessor to carry him toward the Russians, hoping that she could play her part accessing memories or being able to at least bluff so they could get him in.

OOC: Ok so the plan is this, Lupus and I act as if we got caught coming down, and was brought here by our big fella that Possessor has control of. The story is I and the other Russian knocked each other out, and Possessors dude thought best bring them here etc. Whilst we are able to take a good look around and see what the deal is we'll play it up, Possessor can act especially slow, which should give us time to assess the situation. I think my first target is to try and free Mindshark and see if we can get him to help us take the Russians down. I would prefer it if we don't end up killing anyone, but in this situation, it's going to be enough not to end up not getting killed ourselves at this stage.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 21 2020, 18:42

OOC Ok I'll hold off replying until David M posts in Miss Victorys' thread and we'll see if we can intertwine the two...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 21 2020, 20:45

Admin wrote:OOC Ok I'll hold off replying until David M posts in Miss Victorys' thread and we'll see if we can intertwine the two...

OOC: Roger roger

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 21 2020, 21:06

No intertwining! She is a married woman, loyal to her husband! Razz I love you afro
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 22 2020, 20:37

OOC I am posting this post in Lionhearts' issue as well as this one and will copy/paste as required. Lionheart is due another issue (he's well into 10 pages) and will probably merge into Miss Victorys' adventure or vice versa.

Obsidian has found some restraints for the Russian and growls at him, warning him to behave or he'd be battered unconscious!

Or blasted, Mindshark adds.

The Russian, knowing what Mindshark is capable of, complies.

Then the Prisoner settles onto a second bed and a scanner lowers from the ceiling to start scanning his body for injury.

Miss Victory is pretty smart and can remember the way back to the meeting room where she'd first encountered the Russians.

She rounds a corner and sees a large group of prisoners (twenty or more) gathered in the corridor and blocking access through it as they listen to words said inside the meeting room through the open door.

In her mask she stands out somewhat from the gathered Prisoners and when she hops up and down and sees a small group on the other side of the massed gathering, she shouts out "Hey! Are you that Limey I'm looking for?"

Lionheart sees a masked face hop up to near the ceiling roof and clearly (with super hearing) hears her shout!

Unfortunately so do many of the gathered prisoners and they turn to see what is being shouted and by whom!

OOC pfft between Lionheart and Miss Victory they can easily take on an army of supervillains almost as powerful as they are! Errrr.... maybe.

Dave E - I'll probably wrap Lionhearts issue #8 at this point as we've hit my self imposed 10 page limit. Reply once in here if you will then hop to https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com/t200p150-the-new-vanguard-miss-victory-issue-2-fighting-for-the-flag-and-her-life
page 7 to continue adventure there. I shall come up with a HP award for the adventure so far and update Lionhearts HP totals...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 22 2020, 22:14

Admin wrote:In her mask she stands out somewhat from the gathered Prisoners and when she hops up and down and sees a small group on the other side of the massed gathering, she shouts out "Hey!  Are you that Limey I'm looking for?"

Lionheart sees a masked face hop up to near the ceiling roof and clearly (with super hearing) hears her shout!

Unfortunately so do many of the gathered prisoners and they turn to see what is being shouted and by whom!

"Limey!??" Lionheart looks at 'possessor' and back again at the crowd.  He turned back to his group..."Ermm change of plan, this isn't supposed to be the way this plays out.  It looks as if someone got here first.  But we might have to clear the decks before we get to find out what is going on.  Just as well you got the big strong guy Possessor?  We might need to knock down these boys like ten pin bowling?"

Lionheart then sprung up and shouted back, "Yeah - but there seems to be some interference coming between us!" Pointing at the respective crowd of orange bedecked prisoners between them.

OOC: OK if we need to knock heads and get them to skedaddle I'm up for that but I kind of hope it won't be necessary to do so...but ready and willing.  I'd let Possessor take the lead she can use strong Russian to toss a few about before me and the boy joins in.  Right, Ill join you over on the other thread.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 22 2020, 22:55

ooc: Miss Victory's plan is to get around the mob by going to another hallway, circling the crowd to come up behind Lionheart. Then grabbing them and running back to the Medbay.

"Be right there, don't go away," she yells as she takes off.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 23 2020, 21:28

END OF ISSUE.

I'll lock the thread and come up with a HP award. Lionheart has been through a lot since Fenruary! I'll cook up some points in the next day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 28 2020, 22:28

Lionheart is awarded 190HP putting him on 227HP
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10