The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

3 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 9 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Admin Mon Jun 01 2020, 06:33

Moving into the crowd, making it look like they are cheering, the strange trio were able to get a look inside the room.

Lionheart saw a blur of motion, something unusual for him given how fast he was, and adjusted with power to his superspeed to slow things down. Even so there was an impressive turn of speed from a skinny looking very hairy wolfman like individual as he took on four burly prisoners!

Ducking, weaving, diving, spinning and swaying to the side the 'wolf boy' roared savagely, great fangs bared and claws slashing. Unfortunately for him the bruisers swinging punches at him were quite hard to injure, being almost invulnerable! One had a strange aura about him, another had grey rocks for skin and the other two were powerfully built. All four had slashed/shredded prison orange and the shouting crowd cheered whenever the lone combatant landed a blow, but for the most part he was on the defensive.

"Do we help him?" asked Possessor. "And if we do, who's watching him?" she asked, referring to Melton who looked petrified, pushing thin rimmed classes onto his nose and in danger of being squished himself by the maddening crowd who were enjoying the 'show'.

Just then Lionheart saw a wild blow land on the furred combatant and he slammed into the unforgiving wall with an audible CRACK!

He slid down the wall and the cheers got louder... only for him to roll his neck with a series of pops, straighten back up and start fighting again!

"He heals quick." admitted Possessor. "If a blow doesn't kill him outright he pretty much gets up straight away."

However, with four of them on him and swinging away the youngster - for that is what he seemed to be - would soon find the test to his 'healing factor' pushed to the limit!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 9 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 01 2020, 21:54

Admin wrote:However, with four of them on him and swinging away the youngster - for that is what he seemed to be - would soon find the test to his 'healing factor' pushed to the limit!

Lionheart knew this was only going to go one way, he had to intervene, but to what degree could he lend a hand where necessary. Then an idea came to mind, one that was risky but what choice did he have if this new recruit wasn't going to end up worn down eventually. He knew it was audacious, but maybe he could bring something to the mix the others couldn't.

Turning to Possessor and Melton, he spoke swiftly "Melton stay next to Possessor, and you look after him, I've got a wild idea which if I can pull it off might just get us a new recruit. We'll see. Watch your backs."

With that Lionheart strode forward, "You guys are so slow, my granny could outpace you, what you need is a speedster like me, let me take a shot at him and you can take yours!"

With his superior strength, Lionheart pushed the others aside, looking to muscle in on the action.

OOC: Ok so my plan is, (I am laughing as I type this because I think this is outrageous) to attempt to join in and tone down the speed, in an attempt to catch the kid, and either catch him and when the muscle bound types go to hit him, I move him and strike back or and deliberately strike for the kid and accidentally hit the brick types into one another and seeing if I can get them to turn on one another. If you see what I mean, basically I talk big then act like Frank Spencer with super powers, (Oh Betty!) or Laural and Hardy when it comes to slap stick and incompetence.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 04 2020, 08:03

OOC Ooh slapstick in a supers game!

"Wha? Who...?" "Get outta..." "Hey!" "What the...?" spluttered the various Cons as Lionheart muscled through.

Some were stronger than he was (un-enhanced anyway) so it took a subtle switch of power to barge through (OOC and a boost of Str to 25) before he was up against...

A panting fur covered, clawed and fanged individual who could only be described as a WereWolf!

Lionheart switched to speed and waited for the incoming claws!

OOC Ok, so you want to dodge, but in such a manner than means if (hopefully) Wolf boy (need a name) misses he catches some of the bystanders and persuades them to leave...

Wolf Boy (again, I'll look at names...) Dex 13 + M Arts 3D + Roll(5d12)+0: 1,6,8,4,2,+0 Total:14 (27) vs
Ov22 + Special Move -4 (modifier that would be higher usually but its so crowded it makes it easier) + Roll(7d12)+0: 2,6,3,8,11,2,5,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,1,+0 Total:31 (53)

Miss Lionheart did it tag a prisoner?

WB Dex 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,1,+0 Total:3 FAILED MISSED! (A roll of 3 or less ALWAYS FAILS!)

The youngster slashed past Lionheart and fell, stumbling forwards only to have Prisoners push, kick and punch at him! It was slapstick alright, and alas, tripping on a fallen prisoner had achieved the opposite effect!

The youngster was DOWN, struggling to get up and with half a dozen cons threatening to pound him into the floor!

OOC Would have worked as well if not for that pesky roll...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 04 2020, 13:17

Admin wrote:The youngster was DOWN, struggling to get up and with half a dozen cons threatening to pound him into the floor!

OOC Would have worked as well if not for that pesky roll...

Hmm, Lionheart thought fast, and faster still than most could. Grabbing his head, he started shouting..."Watch yourself the kid is in my head, he's doing something..."

And with that Lionheart sought to use his telekinetic powers to start throwing the other assailants into one another. He didn't want to cut loose too much, but a trip here, an arm slapping the face of another assailant, something to draw attention from the wolf at his feet. And something urgent so that they didn't both get backed into a corner that got them both beaten silly.

OOC: Ok so I think that is fairly self-explanatory I am not looking to hurt but more humiliate and make out that what is happening to me, might be happening to them and that either the wolf or something else is at play, and so on. Generally to stir confusion, get them cross at one another (slapped faces will do that - normally) and so on.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 04 2020, 19:33

OOC Boosting Telekinesis to 19 (from 7)

Despite some of the prisoners using their movement powers against being moved 19 APs is able to overcome all of them and Lionheart can sweep them out of the room is he so wishes!

Instead he introduces some slapstick into the otherwise deadly situation...

"Hey what are..." "Get off!" "Out of my way you..." "Get ooof!" "he's doing some..." "Get out!"

The Prisoners were confused and flailing about and falling over each other to get out... The door slammed behind them and all of a sudden LUPUS was alone with Lionheart.

The boy, snarling and now in a crouch ready to pounce, looked about. "Rarrrgh! Now we're... wait. I didn't do that..." he snarled.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 04 2020, 19:59

[quote="Admin"The boy, snarling and now in a crouch ready to pounce, looked about. "Rarrrgh! Now we're... wait. I didn't do that..." he snarled.
[/quote]

"No but I did, kid. I know you are not hearing for the usual reasons that others are. I know you were probably at the end of a bad one day deal which landed you here. I am trying to get things sorted and if you want to join me and see if we can't get things that are wrong right, then come with me. If not I let the back street boys back in and leave you to it. Your choice?"

Lionheart waited but he wasn't in a position to wait long, trouble would soon be brewing and he needed a way out.

OOC: OK give Lupus time to ask and if he is in I will ask him to let me pretend to knock him out rough up the room and then walk out with him over my shoulder telling everyone I plan to skin him, for a new coat!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 05 2020, 08:37

"Uh, so you're British. Who ARE you?" he asks.

OOC I'll reel off a series of questions and quote the post/insert as needed.

"I can look after myself. What makes you think I need help?"

"Those guys aren't so tough. I just don't want to be in anyone's gang, or group. I run alone. I'm a lone wolf."

"If you get me out of here, where are we going? It's a prison. It's locked, we're locked in here with hundreds of crazy people with super powers."

"If you can get me out of here I'll just get locked up again. They locked me up because some guys attacked me and I retaliated. They used guns and knives. I used my claws. I won. Yet here I am."

"Who else do you have with you? Just us? We won't get far."

"So what IS the plan? I mean, you got in here somehow, you're stuck in here like the rest of us. What is it you want?"

OOC Read through the questions as it may affect how you respond for one down the list. The guy was just saved by you but for all he knows this is a trick and looking like he does (covered in coarse hair, fangs, long pointed ears, he is a werewolf) he stands out like a sore thumb and becomes a target because he looks different and so has trust issues (rightly so). Wandafar was bang on where he highlighted these three because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and there may be more, but these three are all you know about at the moment.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 05 2020, 17:00

Admin wrote:"Uh, so you're British. Who ARE you?" he asks.

OOC I'll reel off a series of questions and quote the post/insert as needed.

“I can look after myself. What makes you think I need help?”

"Well from what I can see you’re looking after yourself is going to get you skinned alive soon. No guards, no locks and no chance of you surviving much longer I’ll wager, or they will."

"Those guys aren't so tough. I just don't want to be in anyone's gang, or group. I run alone. I'm a lone wolf."

"Sure, but have you never heard of a wolf pack? Heck everyone is getting tribal here; no one alone will survive alone."

"If you get me out of here, where are we going? It's a prison. It's locked, we're locked in here with hundreds of crazy people with superpowers."

"Look do you want to stand here gabbing all day, or do you want to find out if there is a better way than being a punching bag for these losers. I know some of your history, wrong place, wrong time and this…wolfman thing – is bound to get you either under a scientists knife, into a Super’s group or here…well if you’re fed up with being a the rabbit at this greyhound track, why not try something else – I’ve got a plan, I know about you, and I know what to do. Your choice, I’m walking out in 5…4…3… "

OOC: Time to talk is over, if he wants to be stubborn about it fine...we'll move on, if not...back to appearing to beat him and walking out (one hopes)

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 07 2020, 07:16

Lionheart is at the door when he hears "WAIT! Wait... Ok. Maybe I... maybe I can go with you. I guess... even a loner needs help sometimes."

In the corridor Lionheart looked to see the group of Prison bullies running down the corridor and around a corner. Melton was getting up from having been cowering in a corner. "That... that was amazing!" he said to Possessor who looked on him with distaste.

"I had to do something." she growled. "You wouldn't defend yourself!"

Melton looked downcast. "I'm not a fighter." he sighed. "I don't want to use my powers to hurt anyone. I've seen what that can do and I... I'd rather take the beatings than hurt someone."

Possessor shook her head then sighed herself. "We need to go. I took control of one, hit another, jumped into someone else and did the same to get them fighting amongst one another. They were confused, hurt and angry but won't stay that way for long. We should move."

The Wolf Boy (Lupus) glanced at the tall woman and the snivelling smaller man then at Lionheart. "This is it? This? Us?" Then he shrugged. "Oh well, I'm with you. What's next?"

OOC There may be others you can gather but you have angered several prisoners and they'll be back shortly in greater numbers. What's the plan?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 07 2020, 13:53

Admin wrote:OOC There may be others you can gather but you have angered several prisoners and they'll be back shortly in greater numbers. What's the plan?

"Right the plan is we've got to go down deeper, we've to get off this floor in the meantime if we're not going to end up trounced by all those we've managed to make like prize chumps up here already." Lionheart thought that if he didn't get these guys out of here, their coming back would be a one-way ticket to the mortuary after all they'd done to upset the fraternal here so far.

OOC: Ok so the plan is to head down to the next level, if I can I might contact Wandafar to see if there are any others we should be aware of, but otherwise, we keep a lookout for a lady of liberty and any other 'volunteers' we can snag on the way.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 10 2020, 23:14

With Possessor, Lupus and Melton in tow Lionheart headed towards where the others said the stairs would be.

The lift in the central shaft would not be an option. Essentially whoever controlled the lift could lock someone in and they'd be captives.

Avoiding other groups Lionheart figured if he was to make contact with Wandafar he would have to change into his Lionheart costume. He wasn't too fussed about a secret identity but right now these people he travelled with had no idea who he was other than someone who wanted to help them.

Possessor looked worried. "Go down? There are worse floors than this, worse Prisoners. Plus I heard some of the other floors are like war zones with groups vying for control."

"I don't like the sound of that." muttered Melton.

"I do!" hissed Lupus. "Bring em on!"

The group continued until they came to the edge of a corridor and Lionheart pulled back. There were half a dozen orange suited Prisoners guarding the stairwell door. Men and women. One looked like he had metal skin, another was shimmering as if they were out of phase. yet another had an energy field around her. They were guarding the stairwell to prevent entry by anyone else... and to stop anyone leaving this level!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 11 2020, 13:29

Admin wrote:With Possessor, Lupus and Melton in tow Lionheart...

The group continued until they came to the edge of a corridor and Lionheart pulled back. There were half a dozen orange suited Prisoners guarding the stairwell door. Men and women. One looked like he had metal skin, another was shimmering as if they were out of phase. yet another had an energy field around her. They were guarding the stairwell to prevent entry by anyone else... and to stop anyone leaving this level!

Lionheart thought for a moment, this wasn't going to be easy.  With the group in tow, he was going to look suspicious and the group ahead had staked out this place for a reason.  Could he bluff his way down?  And if things went south, could he rely on the group not to fall apart and act as a team or fly apart at the seams?  He had to wonder how Frostbite did it?

"Going down is going to be harder I get that...but we're in prison is there any way which isn't harder right now?  You're free to leave if you wish, but this is the deal.  We'll walk up to this group and see if we can sus out what is what.  I'll do the talking. Lupus, cover our backs.  Possessor and Melton, you stay together.   If they pick a fight or make it difficult to go forward we might need to rethink, I'm open to ideas.  If a fight is what we get, Melton, do what you can even if it's just to protect the others, or close these guys into cells if we can get them into one.  Understood."

Lionheart strode out as if taking a Sunday afternoon stroll, he knew the others didn't like this, Melton was living up to his name in more ways than one.  But he was in this deep, there was no going back.  But neither did they seem to have a choice about going forward.  

OOC: OK engage with this lot, asking "Whas-up" etc, banter none threatening etc.  I realise Melton, Lupus and Possessor might have interest or grudges to these people but we'll have to play that out as it comes.  Anyway going to play it cool see why they are there - if they'll tell us and see what we can do about getting passage past them.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 12 2020, 09:17

A woman was the spokesperson for the group as Lionheart strolled up and the others bristled.

"Orders are no one up no one down. There's word of a coup on the floor below and we don't want it spilling up here. We got enough trouble with level 3 so we don't need any more. Go back and wait in your cells."

"Or else." she growled.

Lionhearts danger sense warned him that a number of these people were dangerous...

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (32) vs
OV4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total:17 (21)

+5 (to 14) vs RV4=10RAPs

The spokeswoman herself, a man in his forties with thinning hair, the metal guy and another prisoner made of smoke in vaguely human form are the biggest dangers Lionheart can detect. The others don't really register to him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 12 2020, 19:55

Admin wrote:+5 (to 14) vs RV4=10RAPs

The spokeswoman herself, a man in his forties with thinning hair, the metal guy and another prisoner made of smoke in vaguely human form are the biggest dangers Lionheart can detect. The others don't really register to him.[/i][/color]

Lionheart shrugged as if ambivalent about their thinking and moved away with the group. Once away from them, he turned to Melton,
"Ok if we go an attack this group, there is a possibility that I if not we, will cause the prison defences to fire us up like a Christmas tree. Melton, can you trigger the rays so that they work only on the group? Or can you activate any of the base defences or make them work for us. If we get in a fight with that crew, I'm not sure if we can walk away unscathed. And so we've got to think our way through this rather than fight!"

Lionheart looked at the group, returning his gaze to Melton and wondering if this semi quivering wreck of a man could do anything useful that might gain the upper hand a in a fight with the door crew.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14 2020, 10:24

Melton frowned. "I turn into a kind of ... super conducting human sludge. It's weird and I never really figured out why it happened only that when I fell into that bath of the super sludge and came out it had affected me in..."

"Yes yes." said Possessor. "But are you of any use?"

Melton looked intimidated and about to say "I'll go back to my cell."

He took a deep breath and sighed "I'll try. But you should know something. In the times I've used this power I got a sense that I'm not alone in the circuitry. There's someone else. I got an idea they call themselves 'SHELLGHOST' and there's somebody else in there. Someone dangerous. If I go into the circuits I might... might not come out."

Possessor took Lionhearts arm and leaned in to hiss "We can't rely on him! You and I can take this group! The hairy boy can help. He's a good fighter."

"Thanks." said Lupus. "I can hear pretty good too."

Possessor scowled and added "If we rely on Melton he might be attacked by... whatever else is in the systems. He's not a fighter, we know that. Are you sure you want to take a chance on him?"

Lionheart had a tough choice. Not everyone in here was a hardened criminal, ready to fight or kill at the drop of a hat! Not everyone was fully versed in their powers so as to be useful. However if Melton could, albeit temporarily, turn on the power sapping projectors built into every square centimetre of this place and give Lionheart an edge - even if he lost all his powers whilst taking the bad guys on - then it was maybe worth the risk. But this Shellghost and whoever else had spooked Melton were also in 'the system' and as a result he might not see the nervous man again! Dare he put the fellows' life at risk like that?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jun 14 2020, 13:09

Admin wrote:Lionheart had a tough choice. Not everyone in here was a hardened criminal, ready to fight or kill at the drop of a hat! Not everyone was fully versed in their powers so as to be useful. However if Melton could, albeit temporarily, turn on the power sapping projectors built into every square centimetre of this place and give Lionheart an edge - even if he lost all his powers whilst taking the bad guys on - then it was maybe worth the risk. But this Shellghost and whoever else had spooked Melton were also in 'the system' and as a result he might not see the nervous man again! Dare he put the fellows' life at risk like that?

"There comes a time for all of us to determine what courage alone can get us through... " Lionheart said cryptically to Possessor before gently ushering Melton to one side.

"Metlon you have faced a lot of flack in life and I've no doubt you've found the easiest way through is to surrender. But what happens when people don't stop there, they no longer find you useful, or fun and want to kill you? My friend its time to stop running and be a man, even if that means facing the bullies who have made your life a misery. if you don't face up to them, you will eventually be killed by them. But this is your choice, this is your battle, Shellghost or not, you've survived in one of the toughest prisons on the planet, and I am sure you know what to do in the circuits. If Shellghost comes for you, you decide what to do. I can't fight that fight for you, but you've got to want it. If you back out now, that is fine, but there will always be another bully to face but the biggest bully is not them out there but the fear you face in here." Lionheart gently tapped his finger against Melton's heart.

"That fear is the biggest bully, and the only way to show it the door is to face it. And in so doing you will find its a bag of wind, a cardboard replica, a long shadow and a short opponent. If we don't do this, we've all got to face them outside - but if you do this we can't come with you but every man has to face his own fears but you know whom you're doing it for. Your choice, I'll give you 1 minute."

Lionheart then moved toward the others and waited to motion them to chill whilst he let Melton come to his own mind on this.

OOC: If he says no we go in for the attack, we saunter up and pretend to ask a question and I unleash on the woman full bore mind attack and let the others do their thing, Possesser going for one of the heavies to turn on the others. And Lupin can do with the others as necessary.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 15 2020, 17:51

Melton looked terrified but gulped and nodded. "You... you're right. I never... I mean... I... I'll do it. I'll jump into the circuitry and see what I can do!"

Possessor frowned and hissed "WAIT!" before leaning in and kissing him on the cheek. "I was wrong about you. You ARE courageous in your own way and whatever happens, thank you."

Lupus rolled his eyes but chuckled "I could give you a kiss but my hair n fangs might get in the way."

Melton grinned at that then turned and nodded to Lionheart.

"I'll have a go at turning off the power projectors..." then he turned and put his hands on the socket... and vanished!

Possessor waited. Then she turned to Lionheart and Lupus "What do you suppose will happen to Melton if he turns off the power projectors whilst he's still in the system?"

Lionheart whirled and looked at the panel! Suddenly BLOOD started to ooze out of the wall!

"Oh no!" gasped Possessor. "I... my powers! They are off!"

Lupus gasped in turn as his hair receded, fangs shrunk and his back straightened. "I'm... I'm me! Normal!" he gasped, filling up with tears! He sunk to his knees and felt smooth skin, running hands over his face.

Lionheart looked at the wall. Blood ran down from behind a panel and he knew that Melton had died. The man had very possibly known what would happen and done it anyway in order to help his new, only friends in the world! Lionheart turned and looked at the prisoners in orange clothing. They were powerless and who knew how long the dampeners would stay turned off? he had to take his chance to get in there and make sure Meltons sacrifice was not in vain!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 15 2020, 22:35

Admin wrote:Lionheart looked at the wall. Blood ran down from behind a panel and he knew that Melton had died. The man had very possibly known what would happen and done it anyway in order to help his new, only friends in the world! Lionheart turned and looked at the prisoners in orange clothing. They were powerless and who knew how long the dampeners would stay turned off? he had to take his chance to get in there and make sure Meltons sacrifice was not in vain!

OOC: Oh blow I wouldn't have ordered him to do that if I knew it would affect him in the circuits, after all, how does Shellghost do it? Blow - I guess there are no take-backs?

Lionheart looked grim, he hadn't considered that being in the circuits would effect Melton as it would everyone else, since that was buried behind the walls that protected them. He felt sick at the loss of one of the team, just at the point when he thought he might even get the hang of this whole leadership thing. How wrong he was. But if he was going to make good on Melton's sacrifice they had to move now.

"COME ON" he roared as he put his skills as a fighter trained in martial arts to good use and laid into the crowd around the door - hoping his desperate attack didn't lead to any more fatalities.

OOC: Blow I'm really miffed about that, I just didn't see that coming. OK so Martial arts, 3 to attack 2 defence and going for whoever looks the biggest threat - oh and I am so mad at myself but I'm taking it out on them.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 17 2020, 08:09

OOC Shellghost effectively 'becomes' part of the machine whereas Melton used his strange body to make himself into a conducting goop that he could effectively use to bridge circuits and make machines do what he wanted to do without really understanding how it worked. When a power emitter is activated to cut superhuman abilities Shellghost is not affected but is trapped in the system wherever he is until the power turns back on. if it never turns on, he's locked in there forever! Melton was outside of the computer system affecting it with his physical body and so when the power nullifiers cut in he was transformed into an ordinary human... with disastrous consequences...

Lionheart is powerless, again!

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 9 Lionheart-powerless

In this form he has 2 dice he can use for attack or for defence or split 1/1 as you see fit. I'll assume you split the dice...BUT see later about the multi attack

Lionheart sprinted up to the orange suited prisoners and laid into them!

He heard Possessor running behind him and Lupus following, though didn't know how much use they would be in this fight! Meltons brave sacrifice would haunt Lionheart but was it any less than he himself would have done in order to save others? He'd risked his life so many times and come through - barely sometimes - against world shattering threats but knew he couldn't save everyone. Instead he would have to try his best to make sure that the brave little mans noble sacrifice wouldn't go to waste.

He came up to two of the six prisoners and they squared up. the others still looked confused but these two - a man and a woman - looked ready to fight!

OOC initiative

Roll(2d12)+0:
7 good guys,11 bad guys

Lionheart goes first (just) but then the bad guys get stuck in!

You can try a 'multi attack' but it will be much harder to hit and damage the bad guys. A multi attack can cover 2-6 opponents in this case. You get free dice from your skills but can buy more from spending HP. It does get expensive though combining HP dice with skill dice... Your call.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 17 2020, 12:31

Admin wrote:Lionheart goes first (just) but then the bad guys get stuck in!

You can try a 'multi attack' but it will be much harder to hit and damage the bad guys. A multi attack can cover 2-6 opponents in this case. You get free dice from your skills but can buy more from spending HP. It does get expensive though combining HP dice with skill dice... Your call.[/i][/color]

OOC: Not sure what HP I've got - oh found it 49 hmm OK going to go for multi-attack and go for an extra die to accuracy, I figure if I put them on the defensive for this round it might mean the others have a greater chance with follow up.

Lionheart lept as best as his now somewhat enfeebled body felt he could, forward and lashed out with his skills as a martial artist trying to compensate for his loss of power and hoping that the others hadn't the skills or training he had to resist his attack.

"Coming through ready or not, make a way or get out of the way choice is yours?" he shouted as he lept at them holding nothing back.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18 2020, 11:01

OOC A single extra die on top of the 2 skill dice would cost 21HP... I'd save that if I were you!

Instead spend the dice on defence if required as they start at 1st/6 2nd/13 3rd/21 when starting at a base of zero extra dice. I've done it that was to make reliance on Hero Points much less likely. At one stage you guys had hundreds of HP and fights were foregone conclusions. These days there are more dice tumbling but still no guarantees of success!

Lionheart stepped up to take on the first two Prisoners (any more would be a real stretch)

Dex 6 + 2 D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,10,2,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,10,+0 Total:34 (40) vs
OV3 + 2 Multi + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,8,+0 Total:34 (39) Hit +1 EV (just) to 4 Str
4EV vs Rv3 + 2 Multi (5)=NO DAMAGE

Lionheart spun and kicked... and was pretty ineffectual against the two prisoners! He knew taking one on one would be a better bet but they would be swamped if they didn't start making a dent!

The two he'd attacked struck back!

OOC Spending a die on each defence LIONHEART HP 37

Two attacks on Lionheart!

AV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (13) vs
OV6 + 1D HP + Roll(3d12)+0: 9,7,10,+0 Total:19 (25) Attack Missed

AV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,10,+0 Total:14 (17) vs
OV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,3,4,+0 Total:10 (16) HIT +1 (to 4 str) vs RV5=NO DAMAGE

"GET HIM!"

"OUR POWERS!"

"I CAN'T..."

"GET HIMMMM!!!"

Possessor jumped in and was matched up against a woman. that could go either way. Lupus went for the biggest fellow, a guy running to fat with a shaved head but was clearly outmatched!

OOC I would split dice 1 attack/1 defence and go through them one on one. Use HP to soak up damage if you take any but chances are Lionheart will win this with slightly better stats and skills. If You're happy to see where that goes I'll churn out the next couple of rounds and see where we get to...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 18 2020, 13:00

Admin wrote:OOC I would split dice 1 attack/1 defence and go through them one on one. Use HP to soak up damage if you take any but chances are Lionheart will win this with slightly better stats and skills. If You're happy to see where that goes I'll churn out the next couple of rounds and see where we get to...

OOC: Yes that makes sense and I'm happy with game suggestions where management of dice and resources is not my strong suit. After we've downed them- assuming we do we head down asap. If not well then things get really interesting.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18 2020, 15:09

Possessor and Lupus scramble about, feinting and throwing punches but for the most part it's their powers that make them 'super'.

Possessor's story about being from the future meant that without her powers she'd be something else, someone... else. Possibly even dead.

Lupus had been an ordinary teenager and was now an ordinary naked teenager struggling against a big prisoner who was already huffing and puffing as he tried to grab hold of the youngster who darted in to throw essentially ineffective punches.

Those two Lionheart faced were better fighters and tough in their own way but he'd been trained since he was five years old, albeit in conjunction with his mental powers that meant his skills weren't anywhere near the near precognitive levels he could muster when his mind was effectively working at 100% and asking his superhuman body to keep up.

OOC I'll go in initiative order so Lionheart first then the rest.

Lionheart Dex 6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,1,2,+0 Total:7 (13) vs
OV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,6,+0 Total:9 (12) +1 EV (to 4) vs RV3=1 Damage.

Landing a blow this time Lionheart elicits a grunt from his opponent who swings in turn...

OOC AV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:15 (18) vs
OV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 9,1,6,+0 Total:15 (21) Attack Missed

And the other...

AV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,2,+0 Total:5 (7) vs
OV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,6,12,+0 Total:18 (24) attack missed.

Lionheart again...

AV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,9,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:21 (27) vs
Ov3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,8,+0 Total:14 (17) +4 (to 7) vs RV3=4 damage the big guys is DOWN and OUT

Attack on LH...

AV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:5 (7) vs
OV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 12,8,2,+0 Total:20 (26) Attack Missed

Lionheart again...

AV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,12,10,+0 Total:22 (28) vs
OV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (20) +4 (to 7EV) vs RV2=5 Damage Prisoner is DOWN and OUT

Huffing and puffing a bit Lionheart steps back from the pair of floored Prisoners. Possessor was grappling on the floor with a woman and Lupus was kicking a panting fat guy ineffectually on his backside whilst taunting him. Two other prisoners were stood back and seemingly trying to get their powers to work. Lionheart stepped forward...

"If you want out of here, go! We can't... won't stop you. Without powers..." said one. "We can take him!" said the other. "Yeah? That's what McCall thought and he looks like he's not getting up anytime soon. You want a go? Take him!"

The Prisoner thought about it then lunged forward...

OOC Lionheart slams a fist at him!

AV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 7,8,11,+0 Total:19 (25) vs
OV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,1,+0 Total:7 (9) +6 EV (to 9) vs RV2=7 Damage Prisoner is DOWN and OUT

Catching his breath Lionheart dragged Possessor off the downed female prisoner and had to calm her somewhat, with hair wild and scratches on her face and neck. The prisoner herself had a bloody nose and the beginnings of a black eye and sagged back onto the floor.

Taking his cue to leave from the three remaining Prisoners (fat guy on floor was curled up and getting lightly kicked on the butt by Lupus, the downed woman and the other Lionheart faced who didn't want to fight) Lionheart pushed Lupus through the door and pulled Possessor out into the stairwell...

...and their powers came back on!

Lupus immediately began sprouting hair and claws, crying out in pain as muscles stretched and deformed. With a gargled cry he screamed "Nooooo!"

Possessor turned to Lionheart. "The stairs are no mans land. It is not safe to stay here."

Lupus groaned and got up, growling through a mouthful of sharp teeth "Man, it was nice to be normal for a while..."

They walked down and round the stairs and came to another solid looking door. It was easy to forget these were made out of an invulnerable metal like the walls. Beyond that door would be a group guarding it, making sure no one was able to go out or come in without their say so...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jun 18 2020, 17:21

Admin wrote:Possessor turned to Lionheart. "The stairs are no mans land. It is not safe to stay here."

Lupus groaned and got up, growling through a mouthful of sharp teeth "Man, it was nice to be normal for a while..."

They walked down and round the stairs and came to another solid looking door. It was easy to forget these were made out of an invulnerable metal like the walls. Beyond that door would be a group guarding it, making sure no one was able to go out or come in without their say so...

Lionheart led them down, to who knows what and who knows where and more importantly into the frying pan from the fire...

"OK I don't need to tell you that things could get a whole lot worse, but keep a cool head, stick together and we will get through this..." Lionheart privately said, 'I hope!' as he pushed open the door and strode confidently out into the space beyond.

OOC: OK not sure what we are going to find, but hoping it's not going to be some wee beastie that can slap us 6 ways to Sunday without breaking a sweat. I feel like this is some sort of Dungeon crawl for supers...

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18 2020, 20:39

OOC I like to mix it up. Bank Robberies are old news and besides, they have no money in them. Razz

Lionheart pushed the door open... and immediately was greeted by shouts and challenges!

He didn't recognise the language immediately then figured it to be Russian. Russian?

OOC LIONHEART AND MISS V ARE ON THE SAME LEVEL (4)

His danger sense flared!

OOC Danger Sense gave him a clue as to what he was facing!

DS 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:10 (19) vs
OV4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:9 (13) +3 (to 12) vs Rv4=8RAPs enough RAPs for...

Time seemed to slow and he was aware of five targets, all dressed in prison orange...

OOC Threat Level could be a rough indication of how threatened Lionheart would feel. For instance the highest (4) means the guy is near enough Lionhearts level that he could give him trouble if not taken down quickly because it means the others can beat on him if he has his hands full.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 9 Russian-prisoners-sheet

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next