The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Empty The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3

Post  Admin Mon Jan 06 2020, 12:16

WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE...

Frostbite, leader of the British Superhero group known as the VANGUARD and Lionheart, ally and sometime member of that group, were reduced in size and entered a hitherto unknown whole new universe at the subatomic level! They were there to rescue team mates of the Vanguard who had been kidnapped in order to clone and reproduce to create a new, vast superhuman army that could strike anywhere at any time on 'our' world.

They were successful in rescuing their friends (including Wandafar, retired superhuman and friend of the Vanguard) but appeared in a distant part of the galaxy when they grew to normal size. Now trying to get home, they have befriended an incredible moon sized creature that can travel beyond light speed and live on that as they try to make their way home. Along the way other dimensional versions of themselves showed up to attack the Vanguard with the aim of capturing Frostbite to gain control of the sentient computer program that lived within the Vanguard Leader known as 'Frostbot'. Outgunned as they were, still the Vanguard managed to escape and they fled into the depths of space. Short of supplies they stopped off at a life bearing planet that soon revealed itself to be a planet ruled by an incredibly powerful being known as the 'Tester'. The Tester gathered species from around the galaxy to experiment on, train, hone and evolve into the ultimate fighting force.

The Vanguard (currently Frostbite, Lionheart, Wandafar, an Alien pilot known as Jarna, Gravitas, Terra Firma, Firebrand, Reflex and Probability along with the former hero turned villain turned...? possible ally Timmy Jones who resides in the form of a Cyborg warrior) have defeated and earned the respect of a number of alien races.

They are: the Wasp People, who quickly learned how to communicate in English, the Dragon People, who despite seeming to be tall powerful humanoids were in fact shapechanged Blue Dragons and the Cloud People, who are sentient gas clouds that can rain acid on their foes.

The aliens have united under the Vanguards leadership and are gathered at their homes waiting for the call to attack 'Testers mountain' the presumed base of the Tester and its most valued allies, creatures nicknamed 'The Lava Men'.

Now, from the cover of a rock formation high on a hillside the Vanguard along with Arkraz, powerful representative of the Dragon people and the Wasp Woman who acted as spokesperson for her people, looked across a valley at a point several miles away with the target mountain in sight.

Jarna spoke first, glancing through binoculars and handing them over with a sigh. "Hmmm. This won't be easy."

Clad in a space suit like most of the other Vanguard, Thomas White (Gravitas) raised an eyebrow. "Somewhat of an understatement."

Moving about the mountain were THOUSANDS of Lava men, gathering rocks and passing them amongst themselves to pass into the depths of the mountain through a cavernous entrance...

Steph Miller (Reflex) turned to Frostbite. Her voice crackled slightly over the comms of the space suit as she spoke. "What's the move, boss?" she asked of Frostbite.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 06 2020, 19:50

Admin wrote:Steph Miller (Reflex) turned to Frostbite. Her voice crackled slightly over the comms of the space suit as she spoke. "What's the move, boss?" she asked of Frostbite.

Frostbite hesitated, he wondered if what he had in mind was going to work, what equipment the Tester had available and if indeed they could combine their forces in some disciplined fashion that wouldn't cost every life in a gamble that might not even pay off. They had a lot riding on this. "Well..." He began slowly. His voice was slightly croaky from having been quiet unused for a time whilst everything was gathered together. "We are going to need an almighty big diversion. Something that Tester won't or can't ignore. Something that will draw those Lava men, and whatever it is they're doing away from the mountain. Our best shot then is to get Lionheart in, if this Tester is relying on superior technology...well a little spanner in the works goes a long way."

Frostbite had been taking a good look at the area around him. He wanted to hold his novices back things, if they went south quickly, could mean their in trouble and would need rescuing.

Gathering the heroes around and the representatives of the different races, he spoke so they could all hear, but carefully unaware but mindful of being listened in on.

OOC:Ok so the plan is thus...Lionheart and Arkraz are going to try and infiltrate, whilst his buddies, the wasp folk, the cloud people Frostbite and the team will create massive weather storm, the I'm thinking pea soup, but having Arkraz's people create lightning or fire strikes as if I've summoned some almighty storm. The cloud people can be hidden within and reign down acid on the lava folk. I'll fire in cold and have Jarna - run communications, she can take the high ground. If Wandafar comes in she can be the point of contact. The others, Gravitas, Terra Firma, Firebrand, Reflex and Probability are to work from the edge, if the cloud folk are toward the front, that should avoid them getting splashed with acid. The hope is the Lava guys push through but is weakened and Frostbites team can mop them up. They'd fall back as if the battle isn't a success, seeking to draw them away, giving Arkraz and Lionheart the chance they need to get in, and start to make use of the opportunity to both grab what they can, destroy what they can't and find if there is any way to either stop Tester for good and or also get folk home. There, piece of cake Shocked

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3

Post  Admin Wed Jan 08 2020, 01:59

OOC I'll be posting later on (it's 0157, just got in from work and both my smoke alarms in this poxy house are chirping so they want new batteries - which I don't have - and I won't get any sleep) but just a heads up as the girlfriends Dad died yesterday (7th Jan) so I may be running about a bit to help her over the next few days. Dave E - can you post in the Haunt/Steeplejack issue and I'll update that too. Cheers, Paul

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 13 2020, 12:26

The Cloudman representative nodded understanding. It looked like they were uneasy being so close to the Dragon people but the uneasy truce held.

It must be hard for these various creatures to fight on the same side. For an age they will have been battling for survival and supremacy, taken away for genetic tampering and sent out again, and again, to hone and improve for who knew what insidious purpose?

Defeating the 'Apex' predators had established the Vanguard as the ones to lead, but there were other creatures out there no doubt who were unaware of the coming battle. These gathered were the most powerful, most numerous, and most willing to fight for freedom.

The Cloudman swooped off being eyed somewhat hungrily by the Dragon Man Arkraz. "Once we developed immunity to their acid my people found them quite tasty, and easy to digest." he muttered. "Fighting alongside them seems ... alien."

The Wasp Woman glanced at Arkraz and there was a pause before she hummed in that strange fashion "My people will do their part. The Lava Men are the Testers latest foot soldiers, however, and difficult to harm. We shall nonetheless fight for our freedom anyway!" She took to the sky and headed towards where a swarm of thousands were gathered.

The Cloud People gathered into a great mass, obscuring the vision where they were and drifting in the direction to the distant Testers mountain range. Within an hour or so the place would be wreathed in mist, blocking vision for friend and foe alike.

Arkraz snarled "I shall ready my people... though we were born ready."

=========

Wandafar stepped to the edge of the hill and looked at the distant mountains.

"Vell, zey sure are big things." he said referring to the peaks that towered in the sky. "Jarna vill keep ze shuttle nearby in case I need to rip its guts out to jury rig some kind of improbable device to achieve a surprise and welcome effect."

Steph (Reflex) glanced over from where she lay on her belly. "You told me that you were as sure you'd blow the shuttle up as create something useful from it." she whispered, though the enemy were miles away.

"Tsch details, details." hissed Wandafar with a dismissive wave.

David Russell (Terra Firma) spoke up "When do we go in? I'm itching to get my golem up against one of these... Lava Men. Heck, maybe I can even form one from a pool of lava. Wouldn't that be a thing?"

Gravitas and Firebrand glanced at each other, fear in their eyes but determined not to voice it. Probability (Jeremy Cotton) muttered "Just hope our luck holds."

Frostbite glanced to where Lionheart and Arkraz were on their bellies watching the scene from afar.

Those two were the most powerful of their group and perhaps key once the initial plan had drawn their forces out. He had no doubt they would be effective but no one had any idea of what truly waited within that mountains depth...

=========

An hour later the mountain was wreathed in fog with only its uppermost peak visible, and lightning played about within its mass as Dragons, huge, ancient and powerful, swooped about in and around the cloud.

It was difficult for Frostbite from this distance to know how things were going. He'd have to get in closer.

OOC Right, who's 'going in' so to speak. Leaving anyone behind to mind the place?

You have (checklist):

Frostbite
Lionheart
Arkraz (Dragon Man representative)
Wandafar
Jarna (pilot in shuttle)
Reflex
Probability
Gravitas
Terra Firma
Firebrand
Wasp People - flying around the edges of the massive cloud
Cloud People - currently engaged in battle but its hard to make out any details
Dragon People - flying above and around the mist cloud

Or do you play it cool and see how the initial phase plays out? We've never done this kind of thing on quite this scale so I'm adding more detail to flesh it out...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 13 2020, 20:14

Admin wrote:
OOC Right, who's 'going in' so to speak. Leaving anyone behind to mind the place?

You have (checklist):

Frostbite
Lionheart
Arkraz (Dragon Man representative)
Wandafar
Jarna (pilot in the shuttle)
Reflex
Probability
Gravitas
Terra Firma
Firebrand
Wasp People - flying around the edges of the massive cloud
Cloud People - currently engaged in battle but it's hard to make out any details
Dragon People - flying above and around the mist cloud

Or do you play it cool and see how the initial phase plays out? We've never done this kind of thing on quite this scale so I'm adding more detail to flesh it out...

OOC: For the sake of brevity, for now, let's go general tactics. So the way I had envisaged it playing out, at least until we engage the enemy that is. So it was that Frostbite and his team would co-ordinate the attack whilst not coming into contact with our cloud folk. The Cloud folk would give us sufficient cover to make sure we were not the victims of friendly fire. Jarna and Wandafar are to remain back and in coms range. The Shuttle is to precious to leave in the line of fire.

The rest of my team would do hit and run, with me able to mingle between the cloud and dragon folk, the Wasp's and our own team, so that I can fly between to ensure a faster tactical response as the Tester reacts to our incursion. Meanwhile, Lionheart and Arkraz get into a position in which they can take advantage of the hole we hope to open up or at least sufficient drawing away of Lava men resources so that they can 'slip by' or at least not be overwhelmed by the Lava men that remain at the entrance. One thing I am curious about, and Lionheart would together with his blue-skinned friend like to know, is if there is another entrance, one that might because it's less obvious also be less difficult to get into. So Lionheart will be on the hunt for that unless the opportunity arises to go direct, in which case we'll go for that.

Hope that all makes sense?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 14 2020, 17:29

The sheer numbers involved were staggering. Even from this distance the hills/mountains seemed to come alive with creatures rising from the ground and rocks transforming into Lava Men!

Then the scene was obscured as the cloudmen misted the mountain over with their burning acid rain... Though it was lit up here and there with jets of spouting lava that shot fifty, one hundred... two even three hundred feet in the air!

Where the lava punched through there were gaps but these were quickly filled by most greenish mist.

The battle raged and the Wasp People flew overhead and dropped 'pods' that looked like wax spheres into the mist. Where they struck they 'popped' and a gluey thick substance that slowed several lava men down where it struck. They were countered by the lava men 'blowing' their hands off and firing streams of orange lava at those flying overhead. Even a touch of it on fragile wings or the carapace of the Wasp People sent dozens crashing into the mist. There was no quarter asked, nor given, on either side.

The Blue Dragons soared overhead and waited for gaps to form before breathing into the space a torrent of energy down on the ground below! Explosions that sent fragmented Lava Men flying gave the heroes hope. This was quashed somewhat when more Lava men formed up from the mountain side to fill the gaps and suddenly they started flinging missiles - razor sharp volcanic rock - into the air! The Dragons whirled and dodged but several were struck and went down into the acid mist which parted so as not to burn their ally. Lava Men blasted orange lava over the fallen Dragons and they thrashed about in agony as hundreds of Lava Men rained powerful blows on the downed Dragons.

From his vantage point Frostbite viewed the battlefield and directed his neophyte heroes to send messages to the Wasp People and Cloudmen to manoeuvre and encircle the Lava Men to contain them. He needed to constantly scan the battlefield, making adjustments, guiding the Dragons above to force back areas of Lava men that had broken free. Their numbers seemed endless and Frostbite wondered when the giant lava creature they'd encountered before would make an appearance.

"To the left! Send Dragons to support!" shouted Frostbite.

=========

"It ill behooves me to stand back when battle rages." snarled Arkraz. "But I will respect the leader. Though the Lava Men are in theory the most powerful force on this world thanks to individual power, their sheer numbers and ability to form into a mountain sized Lava Creature, your friend Frostbite appears able to somehow use the inferior forces at this disposal to contain them. Impressive."

Lionheart looked to where a Dragon was impaled through the chest by a razor sharp stalagmite. Arkraz watched the stricken Dragon fall to the earth with a crash and be overwhelmed by a horde of Lava Men. A stony glare from Arkraz prompted Lionheart to question if he knew who the Dragon was. "She was my mate." he said quietly, watching as the remains of the Dragon were engulfed in fire.

The battle continued to rage, having done so for more than THREE HOURS now, and the suns were starting to dip below the horizon. No fear of it getting dark as the orange glow lit up the valley from hundreds of thousands of Lava men, perhaps even millions. They continued to form from the mountain range and Lionheart noticed something subtle - the mountains were shrinking, bit by bit. He could have sworn they were higher a while back.

"Let's find a way in." said Lionheart as he too had to ignore the battle and stick to the plan. Too much hung on his and Arkraz's ability to find and stop the Tester to risk in a massive battle and possibly falling due to sheer numbers of Lava Men. Suddenly a huge form, some hundreds of feet high, sprung from the green mist, towering above the cloud and waving a huge rocky arm that swept over the battlefield and poured lava down on the mist!

At a wave from Frostbite half a dozen Dragons swooped in and poured blast upon blast to send the giant creature reeling. Indeed, a huge arm shattered and crumbled into a mass of broken rocks falling to the ground. The remaining arm snagged a Dragon by the throat and the huge creatures fell back, struggling and writhing, lava and energy blasting out and all around.

The ground rumbled and the mountains shook, the roar of the battlefield continued, and Lionheart stifled the urge to charge into battle as he and Arkraz flew low and stuck to the tree line in the hope of finding some way into the mountain that was lightly guarded.

=========

Frostbite could tell with the practised eye of a soldier that the battle was turning, and not in his way!

More and more Lava men seethed down the mountainside, looking from this distance like a swarm of ants that plunged into the mist. Lava jetted up here, there, everywhere and rocks were spat through the sky. He called out a warning and fired a beam of ice that struck a house sized boulder and directed it just enough to smash into the hillside behind him and avoid the group of injured warriors (of all types) being treated by his Vanguardians and their own people. More cloud people poured in, forming into huge clouds of pure acid. The problem was they were literally sacrificing their life force to become powerful, pure, undiluted Acid that ate away at the bodies of those Lava Men who were caught up in the forming acid pools.

"FROSTBITE!" yelled Steph/Reflex from a distant point. "LOOK!"

A group of Lava Men had broken out, the Cloud Men there utterly defeated and the Wasp People scattering after finding their powerful stings were of no use to penetrate the ultra hard skins of the Lava People. They were charging towards the rear of a group of Wasp people who were clustered like bees around a group of Lava Men and intensifying the heat to incinerate their foes as Bees did with giant hornets that attacked their nests. Elsewhere gaps formed in the allies defence and the Lava men smashed through, only to be valiantly turned away by hordes of Wasp People who sacrificed themselves with suicidal high speed dives into their foes.

Frostbite may have to take an active role. He wondered how Lionheart was getting on.

=========

"I've never seen those before." grumbled Arkraz.

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Silver-man

The pair of guards stood at a small rear entrance that was several miles around the base of the mountain and unseen from the treeline at first. The heroes watched from a distant vantage point.

Lionheart could hear the distant battle and knew his friends would be hoping he could get into the depths of the mountain as soon as possible. Try going through these two or find another entrance?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 14 2020, 19:59

Admin wrote:Frostbite may have to take an active role. He wondered how Lionheart was getting on.

Frostbite knew that it was time to get into the battle, it was now or never. INstructing the others to continue to hang back, they were too valuable to go down in a massive messy melee he had an advantage. He offered to their protests, but it was also a huge disadvantage if numbers of Lava men overwhelmed him. He could offer some support and intended to do what he could. His force had given their all, now he had his part to do likewise.

Swooping in low, he aimed at the higher concentrations of Lava men, seeking to freeze them with his energy blast and seeking to allow that to co-ordinate with attacks so that we can start pushing them back.

=========

Admin wrote:"I've never seen those before." grumbled Arkraz.

The pair of guards stood at a small rear entrance that was several miles around the base of the mountain and unseen from the treeline at first. The heroes watched from a distant vantage point.

Lionheart could hear the distant battle and knew his friends would be hoping he could get into the depths of the mountain as soon as possible. Try going through these two or find another entrance?

"Come on, we've seen no other way in, this is going to get messy however we do it, there is little point at subtlety now, speed is the thing that might yet win the day."

And with that, he shot off accelerating at such a speed as to try to blast past whatever was before him, or at least come in fast so as to offer the element of surprise.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 17 2020, 08:08

Frostbite swooped in despite the protests. He knew that if he fell his trainees would be leaderless and would fall one by one.

Of Steph he had the most hope. Reflex had shown time and again she was brave and could adapt even if she was outmatched. Firebrand was the most uncertain, and he wondered if he'd get chance to take her under his wing. The others... well... Kevin (Surge) would have had the best potential in sheer, raw power, but he'd left the team and now was up to... well, it didn't matter. Strange what thoughts flew through the head when potential disaster awaited!

With a powerful blast he struck a Lava Man dead on. The creature changed from glowing orange to black and immediately shattered, staring with dismay at an arm that was on the floor.

He lowered the temperature in a large area and forced Lava Men back as their Lava cooled from superheated to merely warm, and their movements became sluggish. Spurred by the chance to push back, the wasp people flew in, dropping great chunks of razor sharp lava on their foes and confounding them with dizzying speed. The Blue Dragons supported them, using tails, wings, breath weapons and claws to achieve destruction that was both awe inspiring and terrible. Where Frostbite lead, the others followed so he went along the line, forcing the Lava Men to pause in their advance and bunch up at the mountain. More and more spilled forth from the mass of the mountain and confusion started in their ranks, with even small scuffles breaking out.

Gathering his breath after his first minutes long run Frostbite rose into the air to look about. With a shout and a point he instructed Cloudmen, Wasp People and Dragons to push back the Lava Horde where it pressed, and he weighed in with his cold...

A rumbling sounded, and a group of bunched Lava Men started to glow... uh oh what now?

=========

Lionhearts incredible speed saw him past in the blink of an eye.

Arkraz was fast, though could not compete with the speedster. He soared up, then down towards the hole and the pair of silver humanoids got a good look at him as they watched him fly overhead.

Then they were in the tunnel and heading into the bowels of the earth!

It was HOT down here but not enough to trouble Lionheart or indeed, the transformed Blue Dragon. Multiple paths presented themselves but a quick speed look whilst Arkraz waited showed which were dead ends leading to massive underground caverns full of white hot lava. Lionhearts danger sense registered mild danger wherever he went, and he got the uneasy feeling the mountain could fall in on top of them at any time!

Arkraz was limited in this narrow underground environment and the pair slowed to stay together.

"That way then." he growled after Lionheart had exhausted several other options. Down.

Just then the tunnel in front of them collapsed into oozing red lava, and from it strode a HUGE Lava man, as wide as was tall. A champion. Behind the lava flowed in a glowing orange curtain, filling the tunnel and blocking it, when it had chance to cool no doubt.

Lionhearts danger sense called out to him and he turned. Behind two carbon copies of Arkraz flew and landed, poised and ready for combat!

One of them spoke. "If you surrender the battle shall cease! Our masters want you as a specimen, and all save one other of your number shall be released also. If you do not comply, ALL shall be absorbed into the Testers plans!"

=========

Overground the lava glow increased and the heat being let off was simply incredible!

A glowing figure gathered from the Lava and pointed an orange hand... at Frostbite!

A challenge of Champions!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 17 2020, 15:56

Admin wrote:One of them spoke. "If you surrender the battle shall cease! Our masters want you as a specimen, and all save one other of your number shall be released also. If you do not comply, ALL shall be absorbed into the Testers plans!"

Lionheart sighed within himself. He wondered at what point reality and the fantasy that was the Tester's wicked game was going to prove true. He had no way of knowing if the things before him were manufactured in his own mind, or were for real. Sadly it was a moot point since his mind believed it was real in some respect it would act so. In effect turning his own mind against him to some degree.

"Afraid not, shame as I am sure you don't want to die for a faceless none purpose who hide behind the lives of others whilst he pulls his levers and switches and does nothing to prove he is worthy of such a sacrifice. Well, I guess that is what you call a coward, easily frightened. Tell me tester were you bullied at school, did they give you an atomic wedgie when you were growing up and you've never got over it? Or maybe it was just that you were the loner that no one understood and ever since then, the cruel jests, the hurtful insults, and being shut out from all the cool kid's games you vowed to one day show them who you really are. And yet here you are still cowering behind tricks and traps whilst you let others do the bleeding for you. Yeah, coward, a snivelling little child who never grew up and lets others do his dirty work because he can't face doing it himself, probably in case he loses."

Lionheart wasn't in the habit of letting his mouth run before his legs, but as he let loose meaning to see if he could get a rise from the mysterious being behind so much death and destruction, he didn't mind venting his feelings a bit at that point.

He added to the creature before him, "Well shame you've got to suffer so that a manipulative creature like the tester can have his way at your expense."

OOC: Ok not sure what is the best way to attack, throwing dirt at a lava being is going to be a challenge, and attacking it with hand and foot not so good if Lionheart doesn't want bruised and burnt knuckles. So I guess it's going to be going full bore with a Psi attack.

=========

Admin wrote:Overground the lava glow increased and the heat being let off was simply incredible!

A glowing figure gathered from the Lava and pointed an orange hand... at Frostbite!

A challenge of Champions!

Frostbite looked on somewhat wearily. "Always with the fights, always with might makes right and always so that your master might dine on your or our bodies. So be it"

Frostbite suggested that anything by way of assistance in defeating this thing without yet more casualties might be a useful thing for Frostbot to think over as he tried not to get himself fried.

OOC:Ok so going to go for the obvious blast of ice, and also think about what I can throw at this thing to make its move and or abilities dramatically reduced. I'm not looking to use HP yet, don't want to throw them in until I've no choice.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 18 2020, 06:43

LIONHEART

OOC No point rolling for initiative when Lionheart uses Power reserve to Superspeed (his default I presume. You can't use it for Mind Blast unfortunately... though if you could you'd pretty much one shot everyone you come across...)

The creature was immune to Lionhearts rant... it either couldn't understand, couldn't speak at all or wasn't interested!

Well, he hoped he'd get the things interest soon enough!!!

OOC Mind Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,1,+0 Total: 25 vs
Int 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,9,+0 Total:21

+3EV (to 16) vs RV11 = 5 damage

The creature roared in pain as the psychic blast in the shape of a Lion mauled its mind! With ineffective swipes the Lava man swung at the air and staggered as the Lion disappeared. Then it roared defiance and plunged  a torrent of fire at Lionheart!!!

OOC Fire Blast 20 (!) + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,1,+0 Total: 27 vs
Lionheart Dex 22 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total: 39

Miss.

With the practised ease of a super speedster (OOC though he's not on par with the Flash he could pound Superman into the floor simply by being faster, though he's not as strong) Lionheart steps aside and lets the intense heat burn a hole through the cinder wall! It was perfectly round and well shaped and explained how there were so many neatly constructed caverns in this place!

Arkraz had problems of his own. TWO clones of Arkraz lined up against him and had no such notions of honour as he'd shown. They attacked!

OOC Straight up initiative. Arkraz, Clone 1, Clone 2. The dice will decide this battle...

5 Arkraz
11 Clone 1
4 Clone 2

Clone 1 (for want of a better name) attacks with Flame Project 20 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total: 35 +20 (55!) vs
Arkraz (needs a great roll or he's down!) Dex 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4 (oh.) 17

+9 Effect (to 29) vs RV 26 = 3 Damage. Perhaps not!

Arkraz on 10/13 Body

With a grunt Arkraz shrugs off being doused in flame as hot as ANY Lionheart has felt! It was like standing near to the sun!

"Tickles." grunted the Dragon man Champion.

The other Clone seems to get 'thicker' and heavier (Density Increase on Clone 2. It now has Dex 10 Str 18 RV 21) in preparation for an attack, as well as a shiny field around it (force field so RV actually 24). It seems ready to resist an attack!

Instead, Arkraz attacks in the same way he knew that HE was vulnerable, and gestures in the air with a Magic Blast!

OOC Going for Critical Blow with Magic Blast 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total: 35 vs
Clone 2 Infl 10 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total: 32

Hit +2 EV (to 17) vs RV 10 -6 (Crit blow) = 13 Damage.

DOWN!

Arkraz ROARS and a torrent of blue energy that feels like... nothing... blasts into and through the Clone, seeming to stick as it passes through, spinning about and about the creature and lancing into it with a thousand different tendrils! The creature screams but no sound comes out, clutching its head, then falls backwards, changing shape and clattering to the floor, once more a 'silver man'.

Lionheart glances to see his companion has been successful - at least one of the opponents anyway - and continues with his Psychic Assault this time looking to finish off his foe (OOC Crit Blow)

OOC Mind Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total: 32 vs
Int 9 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,1,+0 Total: 17

+5 EV (to 18) vs RV 11 - 6 (Crit Blow) = 13 Damage. DOWN!

With a blast Lionheart finishes the lava Man which collapses into a pool of Lava and spins to help his ally...

Arkraz doesn't wait for the astonishment of the remaining Clone to pass and blasts again with a Magic Blast (OOC wins initiative, it's just seen the impossible)

OOC Crit Blow on Magic Blast 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total: 23 vs
Infl 9 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:20 (lucky this was so bad!)

Hit +2 EV (to 17) vs Rv11 - 6 (crit blow) = 12 Damage. DOWN!

When the second silver man lies at their feet Arkraz grunts, nudging it with a foot. "When fighting ones self the biggest challenge is to reveal the best way you would defeat your own body, mind or spirit. The first step to do that is to accept that you CAN be beaten, and the next is to be ruthless. Perhaps one day I shall strengthen my spirit to resist my own attack. For today, I am glad that I did not. Let us move on."

The battle was over in a matter of heartbeats! What awaited now... would the pair charge on or show caution as they delved into the deeps of the mountain?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 18 2020, 07:12

FROSTBITE

The Vanguardian went on the offensive little knowing that his friend Lionheart had taken down a similar creature in the caverns below!

OOC initiative The Lava Champion goes first! (Roll 5 Frosty, 4 Lava Champ)

The creature GROWS to a height of around 80' tall! It's also MASSIVE dense and the ground underneath seems to EXPLODE as its weight increases dramatically so it sinks nearly ten feet instantly before the ground is compacted! Then it swings a massive hand at Frostbite!

OOC Could be trouble here!

Frostbites Fluid Form is his default in combat (unless he goes for full Dispersal but would have to wait for his action for that, and Fluid form adds to both defence and resistance whereas Dispersal simply adds to resistance. When full dispersed (i.e. he uses his adrenaline surge to boost it) it may be more effective than Fluid Form).

The creature swings at Frostbite. Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total: 19 vs
Dex 9 + Fluid Form 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total: 21

The creatures misses... JUST!

The ultra hot massive truck sized hand swings just wide of Frostbite as he flows around it like water! If that thing had hit... it would have been all over!

For his part Frostbite levels an arm and hopes his most powerful blast can make a dent in that thing!

OOC Adren Surge to boost Energy Blast (by just a point but may make a difference...) 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: Total: 29 vs
Energy Blast 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total: 25

Success. Energy Blast is 15 this round.

Going for Critical Blow. If he hits he *may* have a chance, otherwise he may make a much smaller dent and not last a single hit from this thing!
Energy Blast 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:32 (decent roll) vs
Dex 10 + Crit Blow 4 - Growth 4 - Vulnerable to cold 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total: 13

Hit +6 EV (to 21) vs RV 22 - 6 (crit Blow) - 8 (vulnerable to cold)= 13 Damage. It had 13 Body so...

DOWN!!!!

Praying that this creature that could probably KILL him with one hit (OOC seriously, that roll before might have ended things if it landed...) was vulnerable to sheer, searing cold Frostbite unleashed nigh on his mightiest blast. Any more and the accuracy would have been way off! Still, it zapped the creature in the chest and it cried out, blackening immediately and cracking before collapsing under its own weight in a shard of cinder black ash!

The Wasp People HUMMED as one in appreciation, the Dragons ROARED and the Cloud Men... simply existed as Clouds... but the effect on the Lava Men was profound. They pulled away from the fight, which they had been winning in simple one on one terms to stand back and glower at their foes. Those Dragon Men caught up in the fighting continued to smash and blast at them but even they slowed and paused when the entire battlefield of thousands came to stand and face off against one another.

Hundreds, probably thousands, were dead. Wasp People husks were everywhere. Pools of green acid marked where the Cloud People had died, and would perhaps form a sea if the battle had continued. Dead Blue dragons lay slumped in the crackling flames, heat and smoke and everywhere smashed lava chunks on this volcanic battleground indicated where Lava Men had fallen.

Sooted, face blackened and sweating, his costume in shreds and covered in minor grazes that healed almost as quickly as they formed, Frostbite looked around.

A lone Lava Man looked about too. It strode forward to address Frostbite as he stood in the air.

Frostbot couldn't translate, but could guess what it had said.

'What now?'

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 19 2020, 18:19

Admin wrote:When the second silver man lies at their feet Arkraz grunts, nudging it with a foot. "When fighting ones self the biggest challenge is to reveal the best way you would defeat your own body, mind or spirit. The first step to do that is to accept that you CAN be beaten, and the next is to be ruthless. Perhaps one day I shall strengthen my spirit to resist my own attack. For today, I am glad that I did not. Let us move on."

The battle was over in a matter of heartbeats! What awaited now... would the pair charge on or show caution as they delved into the deeps of the mountain?

Lionheart nodded, duly impressed by Arkraz in more ways than one. It still amazed him that they'd won against these creatures, both terrible and noble, but clearly utterly ruthless where necessary. But that necessity had only come at the Tester's tampering and that had to stop. Lionheart pressed on, hoping that they might get to the main nerve centre quickly, time was of the essence if what forces remained were going to see the hope at the end of this desperate gamble.

OOC: Ok press on, the usual method of approach, danger sense on stalks, speed and seeking to make sure I don't run slap bang into a trap, or a wall ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 19 2020, 23:01

Arkraz rolled his neck, grunting.

"It's like defeating yourself. Glad to know I can do that." he growls.

"A moment." he asks, holding a hand up. Wounds close, bruises fade and he took a deep breath before nodding to Lionheart.

Placing a hand in the oozing lava he cups a handful and turns to Lionheart. "I take it this does not bother you either?" Lionheart replied by taking a handful and swapping it slowly from hand to hand before forming it into a perfect sphere and tossing it aside.

Arkraz grunts and walks through the lava followed by Lionheart.

=========

It's searing hot lava all the way and it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the powerful super beings.

Where the tunnel narrowed, they widened it. Down, down they went deeper and more into the bowels of the mountain. By Lionhearts measurement they must be a mile down or more by now. The distant sounds of combat are silenced and lava men that present an obstacle are brushed aside at speed. The power these two hold dwarfs anything that opposes them now.

And then the tunnel forms into an opening which widens into a MASSIVE cavern. It is huge, miles across. In the centre is a huge disc shaped vessel hundreds of yards across and a hundred or more yards high.

The heat from the glowing walls and lava pools lights it up. Stalactites and stalagmites point against each other but the grey/silver vessel sits at the heart of the cavern.

Then a light forms.

It's the TESTER, again...

The New Vanguard! Frostbite and Lionheart Issue #3 Tester

A hundred yards tall, floating in the air, the creature gestures to the pair and speaks, voice rattling the walls of the cavern!

"HALT!" it orders.

"YOU HAVE PENETRATED WHERE YOU HAVE NO LEAVE GIVEN. LEAVE NOW, OR PERISH!"

Once again Lionhearts Danger Sense is banging off the inside of his head!!!

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:19 vs
OV 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:11

+4 EV (to 13) vs 2 = 11 RAPs

Curiously enough the danger is coming not from the glowing figure but from the huge ship (which has no visible doors or windows)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 20 2020, 19:44

Admin wrote:OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:19 vs
OV 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:11

+4 EV (to 13) vs 2 = 11 RAPs

Curiously enough the danger is coming not from the glowing figure but from the huge ship (which has no visible doors or windows)

Although it hurt to have his mind and senses on overdrive, he didn't need his danger sense to tell him it was dangerous when he could well see that for himself. But the fact that the ship and not the apparent projection seemed to be the object of concern was new. At last, it seemed they might be getting somewhere.

Nodding toward the ship, Lionheart motioned to Arkraz, "The Ship, that is our target, let's be aware that 6 eyes up there is going to do everything he can to keep us from getting there, that is where the source of the power is, and probably where the deviant behind all this is hiding pulling the strings."

With that Lionheart was gone, speeding toward the ship and mindful of the dangers that it and the cavern presented.

OOC:
Lionheart will put some points into his danger sense to increase its effectiveness, HP to make sure I can get any good hunches about where to tackle the ship, and also on my telescopic vision. His aim is to go in and rip a hole in this thing, no messing, shock and awe or something like that before the Tester gets to grips with what is happening and can react. At least that is what I am hoping we can do.

Meanwhile as to the rest of the group outside...
I had a thought re the rest of the team...let me see if this fits, I thought that Terra Firma with probabilities help might be able to take on or take over some of the elementals - my thinking that probability can increase his chances of success. And that with that Steph's vampiric abilities might be useful to drain the creatures, and they could at least then fight to form the sidelines, taking a more active part in the combat. I wanted to suggest this, not action it as I know they are still novices, but this seemed like a good tactical step to include them and if you think so let's say Frostbite outside will bring them in as he with the rest of the crowd fight on from above.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 20 2020, 20:14

OOC Did you miss the end of the fight where Frostbite beat the lava Man champion? It had me scratching my head as it's the first time (I can remember) where everyone has polished off their opponents in double quick time without getting their teeth knocked out. The dice really did swing your way, no fudging. In a way it's the first real way of testing the way I changed things with the game rules as standard difficulty of 11 would have made things a lot trickier. This way the bad guys rolled poor, the good guys rolled at least ok and the fight was done and dusted!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 20 2020, 20:55

Admin wrote:OOC Did you miss the end of the fight where Frostbite beat the lava Man champion? It had me scratching my head as it's the first time (I can remember) where everyone has polished off their opponents in double quick time without getting their teeth knocked out. The dice really did swing your way, no fudging. In a way it's the first real way of testing the way I changed things with the game rules as standard difficulty of 11 would have made things a lot trickier. This way the bad guys rolled poor, the good guys rolled at least ok and the fight was done and dusted!

OOC: No I did read that but I didn't realise that largely finished off the fighting. Ok scratch that it was a good idea for some other time then Very Happy

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 21 2020, 22:20

Arkraz soared into the air intent on looking for some kind of opening they could exploit.

Lionheart whizzed round at superspeed (OOC really no point in adding dice to Danger Sense, honestly. It's EASIER to find a high threat than a low threat, and believe me this is a HIGH threat) and examined the thing. It was perfectly smooth to look at and of a metal he'd not encountered before. His danger sense told him there was no danger from just touching it. It had an... unsettling feel. A pulse seemed to go through it, almost as if it were ... alive? It WAS metal though... maybe.

Lionheart stood back. He didn't have microscopic vision to spot splits in the metal (which otherwise looked perfectly solid). However... what if...

He reached out with his hand and his telekinetic energy spilled from his hand to cover a section of the ships exterior. He was feeling for differences, slight dents invisible to eye and ... aha!

He stepped back again. Nothing to see but he felt the outline of an aperture of some kind. A door then, and probably weaker than the rest of the structure. Stepping up he delivered a kick!

CLANG!

OOC Str 13 + Roll(2d12)+13: 2,12,+13 Total:27 vs OV 25 + Roll(2d12)+25: 11,2,+25 Total:38

FAIL!

He stepped back and looked at his handiwork. Not even a dent! Or a scuff... what the..? Frowning he summoned his power and poured it into strength!

OOC Bear in mind at 25 Str he is as strong as Superman...

Str 25 + Roll(2d12)+25: 3,9,+25 Total:37 vs OV25 + Roll(2d12)+25: 3,6,+25 Total:34

+2 EV (to 27) vs 25RV = 2 RAPs Success!

The hatch slammed inwards! The interior of the ship showed a corridor running in a lazy wide curve...

OOC Dex 25 + Roll(7d12)+25: 7,10,5,11,9,7,7,+25 Total:39 DOUBLE + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total: 48 vs
Dex 13 + Devastating Attack 8 (21) + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total: 38

+4 EV (to 18) vs RV24 - 12 (Dev Attack) = 6 Damage

Flame Project 20 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,11,+0 Total:34 vs
Dex 25 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total: 38
MISS

Dex 25 + Roll(7d12)+25: 4,11,3,4,6,1,10,+25 Total:33 DOUBLE + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total: 49 vs
Dex 13 + Devastating Attack 8 (21) + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total: 34

+6EV (to 20) vs RV24 -12 (Dev Attack)=8 damage

Suddenly Lionhearts head SCREAMS!

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,10,+0 Total: 28 vs
OV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:13

+5EV (to 14) vs RV2= 12RAPs.

He spins. Arkraz...

Moving at near the speed of thought having boosted his superspeed once more Lionheart races around the vast spaceship... receding heat suggests that Arkraz has unleashed his flame breath - hot enough to melt steel like wax! There... Oh no... no!

His evil alternate self stood over the downed Dragon Man, holding him by his neck! He looked up and grinned at Lionheart. He was faster even than Lionheart and Arkraz wouldn't have even found out he was being attacked until the blurring hammer like blows landed... he would have responded with a fiery blast at the blurring figure as he whipped about... missed... then been battered into submission... He hadn't stood a chance!

Anger boiled inside Lionheart, but anger wouldn't beat this foe. He was older, more experienced, used to fighting, hunting, and beating... himself! Wondering if Arkraz was alive, knowing he needed to get into the ship, stop the tester... now this.

Lionheart WAS powerful, one of the half dozen or so most powerful beings on Earth. This man, this evil... 'him' was more powerful still....

He was in trouble.

"Hi. Ready to get your head smashed in?" quipped Evil Lionheart...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 22 2020, 12:53

Admin wrote:He was in trouble.

"Hi. Ready to get your head smashed in?" quipped Evil Lionheart...

With a weary nod, Lionheart put his hands up,"I surrender" The words almost caught in his mouth as he said them. He couldn't believe he was saying them, but then he found it hard to believe his evil counterpart was before him. "How did you all escape?" He said before he could stop himself, he was curious despite himself. But more importantly, he knew he had no plan and no idea how to get out of this situation. So stalling for time, or just listening for a bit longer gave him hope that he might yet arrive at something. Anything to stop this evil double getting his hands on his friends and all that they sought to gain. If he stood no chance, it was a sure-fire bet that the rest of the team would be shooting fish in a barrel.

OOC:I've been dreading this, I realise Lionheart is absolutely beaten by this fella in all departs it might only be with a lucky roll that he could get the upper hand, and then only for a short while. So I'm casting about trying to do what I can, starting with being original and surrendering. He might beat the living daylights out of me anyway, but who knows...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 23 2020, 08:33

"Huh." said the evil counterpart whilst he flung Arkraz face first into the rock floor, which smashed and left the unconscious Dragon Man face down in a hole.

His evil counterpart grinned. "How do ANY of us escape these 'death trap' type things? We do the improbable, the impossible, the unbelievable, and it's normal to us. Routine."

Walking closer but not within arm distance, he looked Lionheart up and down. "Look at you. dressed in rags, battling for the weak and oppressed. So noble. So stupid. I was like you. I came through that portal looking for Saladin, found him, and I found the Dark Power as well. I lost that, but it left something behind, and here we are. You are outmatched, utterly. Make a wrong move and I'll know about it, pretty much as you would, only better, faster, harder, tougher."

"You have a choice." he said, turning his back on Lionheart with arms behind his back. "Save your friends by getting Frostbite to hand himself over and you'll be released." He held up a finger. "No wait. I'll sweeten the deal."

He turned and looked at the huge ship. "The Tester is in there, but I suppose you'll have sussed it out by now. I couldn't care less about your band of trainees. Below my notice. You, obviously, are a problem, and could slow me down or give me a few bruises before I pound you into the floor. I won't underestimate you." he said, eyes narrowing. "I want Frostbite. That's it. Get the rest of your team home, with yourself, and leave him here. That's the deal AND I will supply the means." he waved a hand at the ship. "In there is a Galaxy portal. It's a way of transporting stuff from one side of the galaxy to the other. It's how the Tester drags test subjects across the cosmos to be tested, enhanced, cloned and sold on. Yup, this... it's all about money." he shrugged. "I don't get it, but we come from a time where money is a non thing. In the Galaxy as a whole, civilisations still swear by it. The only thing the Tester wants from you, and me, is a skin scraping."

He leaned in, grinning "I've given one. Won't do 'em any good. Physically, we're good, but it's our minds that boost us into the stratosphere, but let them think they can have an army of us running about."

"I told them I'd stop you from trashing their whole 'we can sell you an army ready to go' set up here and get them a dna sample. In return... I get Frostbite. However, I'm unbeatable not unreasonable. You and your friends get to go home. That's the deal. You can talk to them about it. They'll all give it the 'no man left behind' talk but this is a win for you. Or you all lose." he popped his knuckles and rolled his neck. "I tracked you across the universe. That planet leaves a trail only a few beings can see and follow, and I'm one. You will be too, in time. Or you won't, if you get my drift."

"Take him with you." he said, flicking his head at the unconscious Dragon Man. "Go talk to Frostbite. I'll be watching." he said, tapping his nose and staring hard into Lionhearts eyes.

'Arrogance.' snarled Saladin inside Lionhearts head. 'Even I wouldn't presume to be able to utterly defeat a version of myself. Yet here he is. We need to wipe that smirk off his face!'

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 23 2020, 16:18

Admin wrote:'Arrogance.' snarled Saladin inside Lionhearts head. 'Even I wouldn't presume to be able to utterly defeat a version of myself. Yet here he is. We need to wipe that smirk off his face!'  

OOC: Ok I am not sure how to play this but whatever the task there is only one way I can see out of this. Lionheart would rather die trying to defend Frostbite than give up his friend. Moreover, if he leaves he also loses the chance for surprise. And the only way I can think to fight this big bad is not as Richard Heart but as Saladin... But I really don't want to do that. I don't want Lionheart to kill his evil twin, nor act in a way that will leave him feeling guilty or betraying his code of ethics? The only other way to do this is to fight like Lionheart, but I already know this will mean that Lionheart will likely die. But that is what makes him heroic, right, not taking the easy route the convenient and safe. Besides maybe what his twin has forgotten Lionheart can remind him. What he thinks of as a weakness, isn't anything like it.

Lionheart looked on, he knew that before he could act his twin would sense it. He'd know that conflict was coming, but not what Lionheart had in mind. "I won't fight you, because I know you will know. But I will not let you take Frostbite or my friends and if you have to take them over my dead body, then so be it. You see I live for something you'll never get. Without friendship, without love and those around who care and love you, life is an intolerable burden that you are just existing in. An existence you pretend to give meaning by fighting the boredom killing, pushing lesser people around, and proving you are superior and then what. Don't the voices cry out to you late at night? Doesn't your heart haunt you, or have you become so devoid of emotion and thought that you are incapable of feeling save when you are slaughtering those who are no match for you? I know I will probably lose, but then who knows...Frostbite believes in God, he believes in more than just fighting and killing without a purpose that makes our efforts have meaning regardless in the big scheme if we live or die. Nice, and I kinda see where he is coming from. If we die, we deny you, but you will lose because you've got nothing to live for one day you'll meet your match, who knows maybe even today?"

With that Lionheart stood ready, knowing that he'd be on the back foot from the first, but he had a surprise in mind.

OOC: ok if this does end up in a fight I'll let Saladin out, but no killing that is my condition. Nonetheless, he can fight in ways that might throw this Lionheart offbeat, he may have forgotten or not met this Saladin, so I am thinking letting him out in the event of a fight would be my best final tactic.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 24 2020, 10:33

Evil Lionheart grins. "Ahhhh! Isn't that nice? Appeal to my sense of right? Of goodness, buried deep inside? Forget it. I can't leave you behind me so it looks like you're due for a right kicking old son. At least make a fight of it!"

'Saladin!' yelled Lionheart in his mind.

'Ahhhh NOW you call on me. I cannot guarantee this cretin will be alive at the end of this. Or that we will.' said Saladin as things suddenly kicked into high gear!

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,9,+0 Total: 25 vs
OV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE (uh oh) + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,7,+0 Total: 24

CLOSE!

EV9 +1 vs OV 2 = 8 RAPs

Lionhearts danger sense JUST alerts him to his evil counterparts intentions a fraction of a heartbeat before he kicks off!

OOC initiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:
12 Lionheart (46)
1 Evil Liionheart (40)

Wow! Didn't see that coming... Lionheart/Saladin goes first!

You're up!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 24 2020, 10:34

OOC What's Frostbite doing with the surrendered Lava Men outside? They have stopped fighting and stand (in their tens of thousands) across the valley/mountainside...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 24 2020, 18:31

Admin wrote:

Roll(2d12)+0:
12 Lionheart (46)
1 Evil Liionheart (40)

Wow! Didn't see that coming... Lionheart/Saladin goes first!

You're up!

Saladin didn't waste a moment, hitting as hard and fast as he could without remorse or constraint...

OOC: So he would go for trying to get past this Lionheart's defences and being as cutting and efficient as he might be able. Also, let's add HP to buy 2 die for accuracy, and 2 die for damage.

Saladin, spoke though the mouth, face and voice was that of Lionheart. "Such arrogance is quite breathtaking and also quite stupid, as you are about to find out."

Meanwhile...

OOC What's Frostbite doing with the surrendered Lava Men outside? They have stopped fighting and stand (in their tens of thousands) across the valley/mountainside...
[/quote]

Frostbite spoke to the Lava men hoping that with Frostbots help he could communicate, albeit simply, so they understood.

"People of the earth and fire, you have been enslaved for the cause of an evil one who would till your ground, crushing, crumbling and causing your blazing heart to die cold lifeless and dead whilst he carelessly dined over your stone bones. Your children would feed his appetite for conquest and you'd never be free. Today I give you a choice, I give you your freedom, to let your hearth fires glow, your minerals be yours and to know peace and joy with your children's children. All I ask is your help, uncover that mountain and the one whose ship lies within."

Frostbite hoped that something of his rhetoric might get through, in terms that would matter to these earth people, he also hoped that they'd be able to uncover the mountain so that the tester's base might be further exposed and he could help Lionheart, or at least be on side to assist if at all possible.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 24 2020, 23:44

OOC Before I resolve Lionhearts action I'll ask... you wanted to 'cut Saladin loose' and hope he can tip you over the edge and somehow beat this evil monster version of yourself (in actual fact he's marginally better on everything representing years of hunting down other Lionhearts and gradual improvement rather than a massive hike up in anything, but marginally better means you have to rely on luck to have a decent chance). If you DO hand over to Saladin I will NPC him and you'll see what happens, but letting that particular genie out of the bottle may present its own problems... your call.

The Wasp Woman was a great help in changing Frostbites words into something the Lava Men could understand. Rather than stare blankly at the man with the glowing chest they started to walk... away.

More and more streamed away from the mountain and the hero along with his allies watched as bit by bit the mountain came alive and started to shrink as more and more Lava Men rose up and walked away! There must be... MILLIONS of them! In minutes there were thousands streaming away towards distant valleys to find a new home and the mountain was dissolving from the top down as others woke up and started to walk away from their resting place.

It would take time - hours even - but the mountain would dissolve and the Testers base of operations laid bare!

OOC in the meantime Lionheart vs Evil Lionheart will be resolved...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 26 2020, 18:42

Admin wrote:The Wasp Woman was a great help in changing Frostbites words into something the Lava Men could understand. Rather than stare blankly at the man with the glowing chest they started to walk... away.

It would take time - hours even - but the mountain would dissolve and the Testers base of operations laid bare!

Frostbite was relieved, somehow against the odds, they had once again battled superior forces and prevailed. He could only hope that things were going well for Lionheart.

min"[color=#0066ff]OOC Before I resolve Lionhearts action I'll ask... you wanted to 'cut Saladin loose' and hope he can tip you over the edge and somehow beat this evil monster version of yourself (in actual fact he's marginally better on everything representing years of hunting down other Lionhearts and gradual improvement rather than a massive hike up in anything, but marginally better means you have to rely on luck to have a decent chance). If you DO hand over to Saladin I will NPC him and you'll see what happens, but let that particular genie out of the bottle may present its own problems... your call.

OOC in the meantime Lionheart vs Evil Lionheart will be resolved...[/quote]

OOC: I really don't want to release Saladin, as I know he will give me something for Lionheart to regret for the rest of his days. However, he really is the only weapon I've got against a superior force who has proven his utter ruthlessness and utter contempt for life. If Lionheart doesn't stop him here, there is no telling what he will do. I'm honestly conflicted, as I know on a practical level he's my best chance. But on another level at what cost? I don't want Lionheart to become the very thing he despises in his counterpart and who knows this might be that slippery path toward it. For now, is there a way to take advantage of Saladin in a consultative roll? If not then it might be best to cut loose and let the dice roll where they may. Crying or Very sad

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next