The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

3 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 6 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 19 2020, 16:09

Admin wrote:OOC Know anyone smart enough to help...? Or prefer to plug away. Warning, you'll need 11 more rolls similar to the one you just got to get through this puzzle...One failure and the place locks down completely...

OOC: If you are referring to Saladin, then the answer is no, I'd rather have the place locked down and wait for Duplex to sort us out. Saladin needs to be the other side of this door, but then if he were I'd not be here with these guys in the first place. So no I don't think that is an option. It does feel a bit disheartening that I could make 10 good rolls and blow the last one! But them is the breaks...no one said being a hero was easy, otherwise we'd all be doing it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 6 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Admin Sun Apr 19 2020, 18:24

Lionheart puzzled through the first of the logic blocks on the circuitry, dizzied by the complexity and the fiendishness of the design. It was self learning, forever morphing and rewriting the code and staying ahead of it required speed of mental thought rather than his hands.

Lionheart WAS smart. He was genius level IQ, but to beat this he needed to rely on luck. The people inside the prison - guards, civilians, medical staff and others - needed more than just luck to rely on.

OOC Int 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (23) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:16 (22)

+1 EV (to 8) vs RV6=2 RAPs of Info

1) Saladin was smart but in his current bonded incarnation Lionheart had the intelligence both of Richard King AND Saladin. He needed someone smarter to help. Eventually his luck would run out and even his incredible power wasn't enough to make a dent in this prison! It was nuclear proof, and more besides.
2-3) The smartest being Lionheart ever encountered was Dr Pierre Wilgommen. Otherwise known as WANDAFAR. His intelligence could not be measured by the human terms. If anyone could help him, Wandafar could!

Atomic Champion leaned in. "Anything I can help with? I finished a couple of crosswords once. The second one took me a week and I had to cheat, mind."

Lionheart stood. The longer he took trying circumvent the logic barriers mean that more time would pass with prisoners down there running amok. Lives were at stake!

Think! Think! Who was smarter than...

He looked at the sun, then across the plains, to the east.

To somewhere north of London.

St John hall. Home of the Vanguard.
Where Wandafar was currently living. The smartest being Lionheart had EVER met! Some 5000 miles away.

Quite a distance. Going orbital he could be there in under 4 seconds.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 19 2020, 20:19

Admin wrote:Where Wandafar was currently living. The smartest being Lionheart had EVER met! Some 5000 miles away.

Quite a distance. Going orbital he could be there in under 4 seconds.

OOC: Sometimes I am the dumbest smart person I know. I completely forgot about Wandafar, I guess because we'd wandered so far off the beaten track I'd not thought about him.

Lionheart hurruffed, "Ah this isn't going to work, I've got the skills but not even my brain can keep up with this...right, maybe time to start a crossword, back in a tick..."

With that Lionheart left the scene speed up into space and across. Racing in he grabbed a suit for Wandafar had him in it and back before his remote even feel to the ground...He'd have to apologise later but right not that would have to wait.

OOC: Ok let's get this done, now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20 2020, 09:11

OOC No idea if this will work...

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 6 Source

Clearly Lionheart has never been one to wear a cape, either. Let's assume it's a heat resistant blanket he snags for Wandafar or something...

Atomic Champion turns as Lionheart moves to a space. "Hey rookie! Where are you going? You haven't cracked this code yet!"

"Watch them. They may get up faster than you think!" Lionheart replied to Atomic Champion.

"Huh?" the Ultrahuman turned to glance at Ultimatum and Lightning Overlord, who were both out for the count. "Hey! I'm in charge here and I say..."

POW!!!

Atomic Champion staggered back as Lionheart took to the sky at supersonic speed, leaving the desert, the prison and the Ultrahuman behind! In a heartbeat he was smashing through sound barriers and air flared about him as he poured the speed on, the blue sky turning deeper and darker as he neared, then entered orbit, thundered up into the inky blackness of space and peered through the clouds to sight and target Europe, then Britain.

He didn't spend time looking about and didn't notice the ominous dark shape in orbit on the dark side of the moon...

Smashing down through the clouds he ignored the orange flare of heat around him as his Force Field deflected the heat of reentry and slowed as Britain loomed large in his vision. Finding London once he got under the cloud cover and aiming to the North slightly, he blasted through the sky and knew that the UKChampions, SMITE and probably the RAF would know SOMETHING just appeared in their airspace!

Swooping and slowing down to land on the rear patio he glanced at the clock on the mantlepiece as he switched to superspeed and headed for Wandafars' lab.

4 seconds. He'd wasted time by slowing down sufficiently so that he wouldn't create massive sonic booms over London. Even so, someone knew he was here and he winced as he figured Justin St Johns would have to explain why a high speed object appeared over one of his ancestral homes and left again shortly after...

"Vatever it is, I'm not interested! You lot ken vander about smashin bad guys in ze teeth but I've served my time! I'm catchin' up on... MMMFFF!" said Wandafar as he wandered around in a dressing gown. In his lab were a dozen different experiments going on and a wall of screens showing six different soap operas playing at once as well as news events from around the world. Lionheart noted a dozen different computer tablets all with notes on about various events, people, places or gadgets that needed attention.

Having applied a space suit, adjusted to fit with cable ties and an experimental cloth that was heat, cold, tear and impact resistant thrown over him, Lionheart sped off and flew up, up and away, speeding up as gently as he could!

"Now just vait a minute! Zis is kidnappin' and... oh heck I'm in space. Lionheart? is zet you out zere? I can't see viz zis cloth und I'm feelin your forcefield has dampened ze effects of AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" spluttered the Genius former superhero.

There was no easy way to fast reentry and Lionheart shielded his passenger with his body as they plummeted back to the desert and the supermax prison where Atomic Champion waited. When the pair landed, steam rising in great plumes, the Ultrahuman walked over. "Now just who do you think you're ...." he started, then stopped as he saw the diminutive space suit and the man inside wriggle to get the helmet off.

"Hey! That's the guy who did our comms system! And our computers! Did you know that there's a link on every terminal to watch something called 'Eastenders'?" asked Atomic Champion. Wandafar glared at AC and at Lionheart, then glanced at the open panel and it's electronic guts splayed out all over.

Ignoring the other two he walked over and reached down, taking it in and looking about. "Hmmm." he said, glancing at the door. "Promethium. I remember ven I vos consulted on zis. I told zem if ze system vas kneckered zer voz no vay zey vould get in unless some galoot like Star Sentinel laid vaste to ze whole area. Even a nuke vould not scrape ze metal. I should know, i helped design ze alloy mix circuitry and power distribution nodules."

He glanced at Lionheart. "You vant to get in, yes? You know it is a bed idea? All ze bed people are in zer?" he saw the hero nod, then sighed. "Give me a sec."

OOC GOING FOR BROKE (like a crit blow but not in combat) +4/-6 Int 14 + five dice (gadgetry) +Roll(7d12)+0: 11,8,5,11,5,7,3,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:33 (47) vs
OV12 + 4 (GFB) + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 (27)

+6EV (to 18 Will) vs RV12 - 6 (GFB)=12 RAPs. Success.

Lionheart watched and wondered what the heck the Dwarf was doing as he seemed to be screwing things up! he was about to step in when the LED blinked on Green and Wandafar stepped up, dusting his hands. "Now ken I get beck to Eastenders?"

A panel slid aside in the floor and a screen rotated on a stand to flicker into life.

A man with thinning hair and a loosened tie flickered onto the screen, looking at Atomic Champion, Lionheart and Wandafar. "Thank god! Atomic Champion! I... I need to follow protocol. I have a series of questions. Johnson! Get over there, grab that... no the other other. Yes... not that oh... yes! Here! Protocol states that I confirm identity via a series of questions. We are mind shielded in here so cannot be influenced but any attempt at deception will trigger the lockdown protocol."

The man looked flustered and afraid. "I really hope it's you Atomic Champion! Are the others with you? Thunder Woman? Please tell me Silver Sentinel is here! We need everyone we can get!"

SKRRRZZZ!

Atomic Champion frowned. "Gimme a sec. What is it Duplex? Something good I hope? We've had the day from hell here and ... what? But we secured that and... Ahhhh nuts."

He sighed and turned to Lionheart. "The others were attacked for the Nexus gauntlet. A big explosion. Took out the museum and we haven't had word from the other trainees but this... dammit. The gauntlet? Don't ... OH COME ON! We need to get in the prison and stop this! Duplex! What are the other details?"

Wandafar took Lionhearts forearm and gently led him away.

"Tell me Lionheart." he said quietly, glancing around at the apparently empty desert. "If you vanted to break into ze most secure facility in the world and only ze highest clearance could get you in, how vud you do it?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 20 2020, 20:26

Admin wrote:Wandafar took Lionhearts forearm and gently led him away.

"Tell me Lionheart." he said quietly, glancing around at the apparently empty desert. "If you vanted to break into ze most secure facility in the world and only ze highest clearance could get you in, how vud you do it?"

Lionheart had not felt any specific twinge of danger, but he now wondered if he had been played as a patsy, that the team had been deliberately spread so thin that collectively they couldn't stand together. Their greatest enemies had fallen because of their unity, but disunited, or rather spread thin, a clever enemy could manipulate events to spread them so thin that they could simply overcome some newbies.

Turning back to Wandafar Lionheart said, "The team is presently stretched so thin, every one of us has struggled to contain what has gone or let alone recover. Who'd be able to do this, and what is their ultimate game?"

It was at this point that Lionheart wasn't sure if the villains he downed, or Atomic Champion, or an as yet to be revealed player was about to show up and take advantage of what they had been seeking to engineer in the background.

OOC: Hmm, didn't see this coming. But for now short of a new enemy revealing himself I guess we go forward, get the other two back locked down and make sure we keep an eye on Atomic Champion esp as he undergoes the special checks at the door.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 21 2020, 00:00

The questions were a set combination of words and phrases designed to evoke a response. A percentage of the 'right answers' was required to verify the identity of those who had the appropriate clearance.

Wandafar looked about. "If a whole bunch of villains vaz... invisible, or waiting and watching from a distance... I em just saying be careful. Also to take me home because I em not fighting good in this league. Your power. His." he said referring to Atomic Champion "I never was in. British Bulldog, Ben Nevis, a little closer but still not really able to take too much. Zis is ze big leagues, ver you belong. Just don't forget your friends. Frostbite may need you vun day, and maybe you him. Say, you remember a hero called Steepljeck? I hed a dream ze other day und him and you vaz big mates in ze Executive."

Lionheart raised an eyebrow. He didn't know Steeplejack and hadn't been in the Executive.

OOC Not this version of Lionheart, and not in this reality...

"Must be ze cheese I ate." he sighed. "You taking me back before or after zis guy opens ze gate? I'm sinkin I need to get life insurance sorted out."

They turned to hear Atomic Champion reeling off answer after answer to a series of questions and phrases. Most answers seemed nonsensical and Atomic Champion soon got bored. "Get on with it!" he growled. Even he seemed a little nervous, glancing about. He looked back at Lionheart. "I say we stash these two in the prison, but we're going to have to sort things out down there first. And ... and we'll have to shut up behind us. In case we fail, we don't want the way out left ajar..." he muttered. It was the first sign or admission of doubt that Lionheart had noticed in Atomic Champion.

There was a sound of distant thunder. A sonic boom or the weather closing in?

Wandafar hopped about nervous. "I vish I hed time to put my old armour on. Thet said, I was too fet for it anyway." he grumbled.

OOC you have a few minutes game time while AC is reeling off answers to one word questions by the dozen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 21 2020, 12:17

Admin wrote:Wandafar hopped about nervous. "I vish I hed time to put my old armour on. Thet said, I was too fet for it anyway." he grumbled.
OOC you have a few minutes game time while AC is reeling off answers to one word questions by the dozen.

Lionheart looked at his diminutive friend and said, "Anyone tell you that you talk too much...come on let's get you home I don't think this is the place for you either. But I am always ready to pay a visit to the home and to my old friends. I won't forget them that is certain."

Without delay, Lionheart speed Wandafar back away before returning, taking the trouble to see what or if he could spot anything in the strange sounds of distant weather that might be coming to bear on the location of the prison.

OOC: Ok didn't want to let Wandafar go, I feel strangely exposed without my teammates around me. But senses are out and seeking to be alert to anything that might come in the meantime.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22 2020, 11:42

"I vish you vud give me varning ven you stuff do thet like." said Wandafar, clearly flustered as Lionheart lowered gently to the rear patio of St John Hall.

"Before you rush off, heng on." he jogged off as fast as his legs would carry him. Lionheart looked about. The mansion was set in expansive grounds and was one of the properties of Justin St John, former superhero now special adviser to the government on metahuman affairs and great friend to the Vanguard. He zipped about the place, aware that Jeeves the holographic butler would have already recognised him as friend and stood down the defences of the place, all designed by Wandafars' brilliant mind.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 6 Jeeves-lionheart

Lionheart screeched to a halt outside and sat on a low wall, waiting for Wandafar as jeeves materialised, formed up of a 'solid light hologram' which could interact physically within the realms of the grounds and the multitude of projectors that bounced special light from each other. Another Wandafar invention, but the AI had grown into it's 'own man' from humble beginnings and was now fully self aware.

Replying that he was stopping over only for a flying visit Jeeves nodded, vanished then reappeared with a tray of sandwiches and glass of cordial anyway.

"Master Rigdon and Mistress Stowe are running an errand I believe. The others, trainees or are they full fledged Vanguard now? Regardless, they have not returned as yet and I will inform Frostbite when they do so. Understandable they should want to resume family duties and a personal life. Sad that you and Master Rigdon appear content to lay down your lives for others. Sad, but admirable." said the Butler.

Wandafar returned and held a goopy looking glass of glowing liquid. "Nanites." he said. "Experimental and the effect only lasts one week, so you vill hev to hev zem replenished by popping back for another glass after I cook zem up. Vun use only. With any electronic device type in the number 2009 end you vill be instantly connected to ze mansion here to communicate via secure link. Unbreakable, und I should know cause I invented zem und cannot vork out a vay as yet to unscramble ze signal. Ze nannintes vill provide everysing you need on ze planet to speak to 'home' so to speak. Zey vork by using ze phone to heck into satellites und bound signals about. Like I say, Vun use und you need to replenish. For emergencies, or chatting or votever you like. Also here."

He handed over a fist size capsule.

"Slep into onto your chest." then he made a slapping motion. "I know you are so fast you don't hef to vorry about changing clothes in phone boxes but zis is fester vay. Wear over clothes und it compresses zem, plus compatible viz all powers und self heals near instant. Smart nannintes plus if you tire of ze look log onto ze mansion computer und change look remotely.Besides, try finding a phone box zese days."

With a shrug Lionheart slapped the capsule onto his chest then watched as it burst, spilling a gooey liquid that covered him instantly!

"You may vant to take off zem blue regs ze yenks gave you. No cless. Zis is close, but not identical, to ze costume you vore in ze Psi Corps in ze future." said Wandafar.

'It is. Different logo and helmet colour but...' said Saladin, voice trailing off inside Lionhearts mind, though he added no more comments.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 6 Lh-current-look

"I feel like Q hending out crep to James Bond. Try to bring it beck in vun piece Bond." he chuckled then turned to walk back into the grand house. "Und try to stay alive. You are vun of ze few people I know who are not a total buffoon"

Only Lionheart's super hearing heard the Dwarf mutter "Und you are vun off my dear friends." before the door closed and a remote started playing Eastenders on loop again.

Jeeves raised an eyebrow and murmured "I do believe Master Wilgommen was getting emotional. There's a first. Godspeed Lionheart. You will always find a home here." said the Butler before fading out.

With a glance about, and test pull at the new threads, Lionheart took off then accelerated hard into space.

=========

"Is that all? You sure you're done?" asked Atomic Champion of the screen as Lionheart landed.

"What the...? You change clothes?" spluttered Atomic Champion. "Assuming it's you. I thought I was fast. Dammit I am! You though..."

Lionheart frowned. Inside the helmet of his costume a readout had popped up and a short file about Atomic Champion appeared. Class 4-5 metahuman, possibly fourth or fifth most powerful Ultrahuman, powers flight, energy absorption and capable of emitting huge amounts of energy possibly on an atomic or even nuclear scale.

He scanned about.

Supermax 1. Classified prison at a secret location in the US. Capable of holding the worst metahumans know to man and withstanding a nuclear explosion.

Looking in the distance he saw the storm clouds building. The readout said "Weather fine. Clear."

Atomic Champion said behind him "They are ready to let us in Limey. You ready for this?"

OOC Bit of a gear upgrade for LH, feel free to redesign the costume as you see fit. Using his original look isn't imaginative but Wandafar was going off what he knew.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 22 2020, 12:34

Admin wrote:Looking in the distance he saw the storm clouds building. The readout said "Weather fine. Clear."

Atomic Champion said behind him "They are ready to let us in Limey. You ready for this?"

OOC Bit of a gear upgrade for LH, feel free to redesign the costume as you see fit. Using his original look isn't imaginative but Wandafar was going off what he knew.

OOC: That was all very touching and nice to know that Lionheart has some connection, family and more than just a hero who zips about type of thing. I was hoping to design a new costume, I started working on some designs for Steeplejack, but then life happened and then some, so not got back to it yet. Not really got back to anything since this kicked off I am now working about as hard as I do around Christmas. Anyway, you more than anyone would know what that is like with your crazy shift patterns and what not ;-)

Lionheart motioned toward the storm clouds, "what do you make of that, weather is due to be clear...is trouble brewing? Is it all a bit convenient that we've been spread so thin and now we've just gained access to the prison? I'm ready to go in when you are, I'm just a little concerned that we might have opened a back door and someone unannounced might come calling? What do you think?"

OOC: OK if AC says we go, we go, but I'm a bit concerned about what is brewing at a time when it ought not to be and who might be seeking a dramatic entrance. Mind you being underground in an almost impenetrable bunker might be a better way to fight back...so will see what AC says but am happy to go in, and go from there.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22 2020, 23:43

Atomic Champion is just about to make fun of Lionheart when he sees the other man isn't joking and his smile fades. "You know, you might be describing the perfect way to open this can of worms." he said, looking about.

Calling on his Comms he spoke to Duplex back at the bade. "Where are we on backup? Sentinel, Thunder Woman, Meteoric... anyone else who punches above their weight?"

He listened to the reply then frowned. "No, that can't be right. You're saying that EVERYONE is out putting out fires or responding to crimes or unavailable in some way? That's just not possible! There are... I don't even know how many of us there are, more than twenty at least! What's going on?"

Lionheart turned to the distant cloud. It was black, boiling and flying across the sky despite there being barely any wind!

Atomic Champion snarled. "Right! Enough! We have a choice Limey. We both head to that cloud and see what the heck is going on, or you get inside the prison and see about helping them and we'll seal it behind you. I'll sort out whoever or whatever that is..." he said, energy boiling from his eyes and hands. He was ready for a fight!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 23 2020, 12:12

Admin wrote:Atomic Champion snarled. "Right! Enough! We have a choice Limey. We both head to that cloud and see what the heck is going on, or you get inside the prison and see about helping them and we'll seal it behind you. I'll sort out whoever or whatever that is..." he said, energy boiling from his eyes and hands. He was ready for a fight!

Lionheart spoke quickly not sure what he could do against a boiling cloud of who knew what. "You're the boss I'm the trainee but if I am honest I fancy my chances of being more useful in here than out there. So tactically I'll head inside and see what we can do about this situation. But something bigger is afoot my friend, you'd do well to let the others know someone seems to be playing us. See you on the other side."

And with that Lionheart stepped inside.

OOC: Right taken me a while to get in so thought I'd best step inside than stay out.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 24 2020, 09:54

Lionheart accesses the entrance and floats down into a corridor even as the hatch above hisses closed with a FIIIIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTT!!!

Lights come on, helpfully as Lionheart counts as one of the few senses that aren't enhanced his night vision. Following a corridor he notes that the walls are made of the super metal promethium, and wonders if, even with all his power, he could make a dent. Most probably not.

Following the corridor he arrived at a door and wondered if he was now a prisoner. Couldn't get in.. or out. The door would be weaker than the walls but 'weaker' was relative when dealing with nuclear proof installations!

It hissed open and a man in shirt/tie and with thinning hair came forward, as did armoured men in power suits who looked trigger happy and strung out. The room was a control type room with screens, computers, desks and staff who all turned expectantly at the sight of a hero.

"What? Where's Atomic Champion? he said someone was with him. You must be Lionheart but... your clothes have changed. Scan says... no data." he said, looking at a screen. Instantly the half dozen men in armour bristled, raising right arms to reveal rotating laser guns that pointed at Lionheart! Instantly his danger sense told him what he already knew - he'd be in trouble if they opened fire!

Carlson gave a knowing glance at two people sat at a console who gave a barely imperceptible nod back.

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:16 (25) vs
Critical Threat 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:10 (12)

+5 (to 14) vs RV2=12 RAPs

Lionheart looks to the ceiling and the walls around this place. There are 'projectors' set into the place that would deactivate his powers, his danger sense tells him!

"One false move mister and we'll drop you!" said Carlson, the man in charge. He looked a nervous wreck, a man stretched beyond his limits. "Where is Atomic Champion and the rest of the Ultrahumans? Tell me NOW!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 24 2020, 15:42

Admin wrote:Lionheart looks to the ceiling and the walls around this place. There are 'projectors' set into the place that would deactivate his powers, his danger sense tells him me NOW!"

Making no sudden moves, no mean feat, Lionheart turned to the man and explained. "Atomic Champion needed to divide our efforts, a storm of considerable magnitude has just arrived outside the base. We suspect that the reason the Ultrahumans aren't here and are indeed fighting separate dangers across the world and beyond is that someone is behind this attempted break out. We don't know who, since my power set is best suited to here, I got to keep you company whilst he dealt with the storm that was about to land on us outside. If you need further verification, then talk to Duplex, he is monitoring the sitrep from the base, and can vouchsafe me."

Lionheart waited till the jumpy types could get the reassurance they needed to find out what had been going on. This base looked nigh on impregnable, even for his talents, so getting out or activating metahuman powers shouldn't be possible. But clearly someone had found a way and so the base was on the back foot trying to recover. Lionheart wondered who could have the power, the brains and the means to make this happen? Someone from the Ultrahuman's back-catalogue of villains or someone new? Time may tell, but right now time was of essence if they were going to put this particular Genie back in the bottle.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 26 2020, 09:12

Carlson is emboldened and states "Watch him! You know what to do."

Lights bathe Lionheart. Whilst nothing hurts he feels... numbed somehow. He senses start to dull and he realises they are nullifying his powers!

'Skrrrzzzz! Is this on? It hes taken a vile to... demmit. Stupid satellites.' said a voice crackling in Lionhearts ear!

That sounded like... like Wandafar!

'Hullo Lionheart, tis I, leClair!' chuckled the Dwarf genius. 'No really it is Vandafar. According to ze signals your suit is sending me, you are in ze prison und zey might turn off your powers viz a nullifier. A nullifier zet I helped design und... I left a secret svitch, a beck door. State ze vords Wandafar Lofty Dirty Den Ken Barlow. Quietly.'

This was a suit Wandafar had designed and was of a material and type the world hadn't yet taken notice of. Smart material, laced with nano circuitry and now, to Lionhearts surprise, capable of tracking him and sending signals back to Wandafar in Britain! His friend was clearly a genius of the highest order, but he wondered... might the suit be susceptible to tampering from less friendly forces?

Still, he knew he could trust Wandafar so muttered the words under his breath.

INSTANTLY his abilities resumed, and his senses picked up all the details he would normally have to filter out! He winced at the pain but showed no other sign that the lights shining on him were otherwise not in effect. As it was, they were merely lights now, and didn't depower him.

Carlson spoke on the comms, reaching Duplex. After a short conversation he turned "Stand down guys. Duplex says he's one of the good guys, albeit a newbie. He also says he's lost all contact with Atomic Champion..."

Those words sank in and the men in armour glanced at each other. Soon the villains would figure out how to open the doors and they would flood in here. The guards and officials of the prison would then feel their wrath and from there they would spill out into the world!

Carlson sighed and walked over. "We needed to be sure. Lionheart, my apologies. Cut the light boys." It winked off around Lionheart and the deputy Prison Director walked over offering a hand to shake. "We're in deep trouble here mister. I hope you have a plan! On the other side of that door.." he pointed at the one leading to the prison "Are some of the nastiest, most powerful, most dangerous people on this planet! They want in here... and out there!" he said pointing to the door Lionheart had entered by.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 26 2020, 12:54

Admin wrote:Carlson sighed and walked over. "We needed to be sure. Lionheart, my apologies. Cut the light boys." It winked off around Lionheart and the deputy Prison Director walked over offering a hand to shake. "We're in deep trouble here mister. I hope you have a plan! On the other side of that door.." he pointed at the one leading to the prison "Are some of the nastiest, most powerful, most dangerous people on this planet! They want in here... and out there!" he said pointing to the door Lionheart had entered by.

Lionheart took a deep sigh, thankful that the devices that Wandafar had helped install were now pointing away from him and not to him. But a question emerged immediately that demanded to be answered. "Thank you for the welcome, however, I am struggling a bit here. How on earth has it come to this? You have nullifying rays, but you've got meta human's running around powered up, and loose within this ultra-secure facility? And what has happened to all the redundancy and back up systems? Can't you just gas them, or remove oxygen or some such?" Lionheart added waving his hands.

It was apparent this couldn't have happened from within without some sort of assistance, and that whilst there clearly was sufficient security to stop people getting in, at the same time where was the security to stop the residents of this facility getting out?

OOC: Ok I want to also know who is on the inside for the good guys, we've heard of others going in including some of the newbies from the Ultrahumans - unless they never made it this far? And if I go through onto the other side, what will I find there by way of back up from the defences and systems that presently exist. Are any of them operational is there a way to switch on anything that is presently switched off? Since presently all bets are off, the only way to get control is to reinstate the things that had been working previously, upgrades can come later, but resecuring the facility had to be the first priority or else the collateral damage from a massive prison break could be far, far higher.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 27 2020, 13:58

Carlson sighed and ran a hand through what was left of his hair. "We've been infiltrated somehow. There is some thing, or someone inside our system. We had to pull the plug manually to stop this area being infected. Never seen the like before and it's circumvented every defence or failsafe we have devised."

Wandafar had been involved in this and to circumvent HIS brilliant mind suggested something... well, out of this world.

The Detective in him considered the evidence...

OOC Int 9 + Detective Dice four + Roll(6d12)+0: 2,4,2,1,12,1,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:19 (28) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 EEEK! FAilure OV0

+7EV (to 14) vs RV10=4 RAPs. Lionheart finds out...

1) This stinks like an inside job
2-3) Very possibly someone in this room or someone that has been in this room was the leak/mole/traitor BUT there are a lot of staff in this giant place so it may have been some time ago. If someone in this room HAD been involved they would have probably opened the doors up to the bad guys by now. So chances are these guys are clean. Ish.
4-6) The technology and the superpowers/mystical expertise required to break into this place is staggering. Truly staggering. The heroes and the scientists who came up with this place are some of the finest mind on Earth. There are some criminals who might be slightly smarter but it would take a group for them collectively to come up with a plan to get in here, and criminals with Egos the size of the moon tend not to play well together.  There is another possible answer to the puzzle of who would have the means, resources, gigantic hive mind and desire to release all of the superhumans locked in this prison and unleash chaos on the United States, the biggest most powerful country/superpower who has not yet sided with the alien visitors. ADVENT must be behind this. They have shapechangers, psychics, powerful mutants and unlimited resources. They also have a huge motive. Unleash the villains then ride to the rescue and the public will fall into line and depose the anti- Advent government and superhuman community, which is the biggest on the planet.

Carlson sagged into a chair. "There's something inside the prison which has stopped us getting a handle on this situation. We dare not try again. If they get in here and unlock the doors we're sunk. It's all over. They turned off all the suppression devices and that includes a means to put them all to sleep. We've looked into the specs of the ventilation system and we're more worried about them gassing us..."

OOC To answer your questions it's easier to add bits to your post...

OOC: Ok I want to also know who is on the inside for the good guys, we've heard of others going in including some of the newbies from the Ultrahumans - unless they never made it this far?

Miss Victory (an Ultrahuman newbie) Mind Maiden (another Ultra Newbie) and Shellghost (an Ultrahuman reservist) are in the prison, along with around 75 guards and another 75 officials/staff who are presumed prisoners or dead.

And if I go through onto the other side, what will I find there by way of back up from the defences and systems that presently exist. Are any of them operational is there a way to switch on anything that is presently switched off?

The defences must be turned off to allow unauthorised personnel to move about freely. There is a main control room several levels down int he prison which must have been taken by the bad guys to take control like they have done. Thankfully Carlson got a garbled message from the Director and shut his area down and the other exits he was in control of. The other exit must have done the same or the prison would be empty by now. The woman in charge of that is a former vigilante called BloodRaven who now goes by her given name of Jennifer Robins.

Since presently all bets are off, the only way to get control is to reinstate the things that had been working previously, upgrades can come later, but resecuring the facility had to be the first priority or else the collateral damage from a massive prison break could be far, far higher.

To do that you need to take the central office which is several levels down and thick with superhuman bad guys. Lionheart IS fast, but he may not be the fastest in here, nor might he be the strongest or most powerful psychically. He MAY be one of the most powerful OVERALL across a number of disciplines but chances are he was about to learn a hard lesson.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 27 2020, 21:12

Admin wrote:To do that you need to take the central office which is several levels down and thick with superhuman bad guys. Lionheart IS fast, but he may not be the fastest in here, nor might he be the strongest or most powerful psychically. He MAY be one of the most powerful OVERALL across a number of disciplines but chances are he was about to learn a hard lesson.[/i]
[/color]

Lionheart had seen a lot in his limited time as a clone, he had seen sights that like of which the ordinary man, let alone his original creators, would be amazed at. He'd seen it all, fought against some, made friends with others and nearly got himself killed several times over. But here, on Earth, on his first mission to gain access to the Ultrahumans, he was about to be tested beyond anything he had faced before. It honestly left him momentarily flummoxed. He had no idea what was the state of play beyond the doors keeping the prisoners in and the world outside safe, at least for now. This group Advent had arisen whilst the team had been away. The need for the earth to have some sort of defence, something more that stood as a barrier and first line of defence in a universe hostile and warlike seemed even more urgent. And yet, his desire to bring law to the lawless might well end here...

He shook himself off, he had so far exceeded his original design protocols and go beyond anything he was intended to be. At some point maybe something like a normal human life, a life he'd not dreamed possible wasn't beyond him either...but right now that lay the other side of this present mission. And that was his focus, "OK I've got to get in and I've got to activate that centre in some way. Our only hope is in re-establishing what once kept this prison as a deterrent to these monstrosities and somehow we need to get that back online. That and we've already got a lot of people inside who are going to die horribly if we don't break this standoff somehow. We've got to tip things in our favour to establish what is going on. And then we can find out how who and what was behind all this."

Turning to Carlson, Lionheart asked for all the schematics he could give him so he could memorise the place before him and get an idea of the route that might be best to take and what was necessary to convince his compatriots on the other side he was on their side when the time came to let him in, if and he knew it was a big if, he could get that far.

OOC: Ok we'd best get on with this, none of us is getting any younger.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 29 2020, 08:13

Carlson nodded. "The place is a maze. There are a number of checkpoints and airlocks required to pass through to get near the centre of the prison. At the moment we're blind..."

He sighed then refocused "The villains have the place locked down and to reconnect our systems to open doors and deactivate the airlocks would be to invite them into the systems here and that would be a disaster. Best advice? Stay hidden as much as you can. Try NOT to use your powers at their full extent otherwise you'll trip the alarm systems in the control rooms and activate automated defences. Androids, power sapping rays, force fields, gas attacks you name it. This place was designed to keep the worst of the worst, the most powerful of the worst, locked away. There are systems secret even from me and I'm one of the circle of people who run this place. No one person knows all of the defences. I'm hoping the villains run foul of one we haven't encountered but until then? You, and the ladies who went into that lions den, are the best, only hope we have. Maybe Atomic Champion will join you?"

Lionheart glanced back at him. Atomic Champion had flown directly into a storm to battle the villains therein, and probably wouldn't be turning up anytime soon. He was powerful, they all were, but this was a concerted effort, a plan to divide and conquer. Were the inmates in on it? Did they know they were aiding the Aliens plan to conquer the Earth? No, probably all they wanted was out of here, free to run amok and create havoc.

"We have no way of knowing who or what is on the other side of that door sir." said one of the harassed looking personnel at the various terminals. "If it's someone capable of overpowering this individual..." he said referring to Lionheart "There may be no way for the armoured guardsmen to stop him. We'll be at the mercy of whatever is out there and ... they'll be in here..."

Carlson gulped then turned to Lionheart. "You'll need to fight like you've never fought before but remember what I said. Too much speed, too much power, anything that sets off the alarms will bring bad guys and who knows what else coming. You may be able to fight some of them off, but remember... this place is the best at keeping the worst of the worst in. We have physical, mental and mystical based villains in here. I hope you're up to this..."

With that he turned, and nodded. The six armoured guardsmen packed about the door, weapons levelled, and made a small gap for Lionheart to walk up to the door.

OOC Proper stepping into the unknown. What powers are you using. Going with super speed and all fields up or piling it all into force field or spreading the points out? You have a pool of 12 points to spread between (add to):

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 6 Power-reserve-points

Superspeed 10
Strength 13
Flight 14
Force Field 8
Telekinesis 7
Telepathy 8

Just wanting to get a heads up on what you are prepared for, if such a thing is possible.

'There is ... another.. option...'
said a voice inside Lionhearts head. 'One you will not like. One that will weaken you, reduce your powers and make you extremely vulnerable. If you use it, you may lose your power at its current level forever, but it remains as I say, an option.'

Saladin!

'Free me! Find an artificial life form or a suitable body open to telepathic attack and willingly free me! I will help you! My cunning, my mind, was always superior to yours, it was designed that way and you stifle me with your sense of duty and honour. Unfettered? I would be able to realise my potential... and perhaps so would you.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 29 2020, 12:24

Admin wrote:
'There is ... another.. option...' [/color]said a voice inside Lionhearts head. 'One you will not like. One that will weaken you, reduce your powers and make you extremely vulnerable. If you use it, you may lose your power at its current level forever, but it remains as I say, an option.'

Saladin!

'Free me! Find an artificial life form or a suitable body open to telepathic attack and willingly free me! I will help you! My cunning, my mind, was always superior to yours, it was designed that way and you stifle me with your sense of duty and honour. Unfettered? I would be able to realise my potential... and perhaps so would you.'

Lionheart didn't have time to divert to Saladin, but he had to admit the plan had workability about it - but as always not without consequences. But for now, he put his mental effort into his forcefield, he felt that by amping that up he stood the best chance of getting in, and defending himself before he got beyond whatever was beyond.

OOC: OK so go with a force field, and then see where we go from there. Stealth isn't my thing, so this is going to be tricky... funnily enough, the idea of Saladin being set free within a prison, sounds like fun, of all the places to let him 'out' in here would be best.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 30 2020, 15:21

OOC With Power Reserve boosting Force Field from 8 to 20 and added to Lionhearts Body score of 13, his Resistance Value (to block damage) is now 33. For comparison a 100 Megaton Nuclear Bomb rates at 32APs. That doesn't mean a Nuclear Bomb couldn't hurt him but he won't be instantly vaporised should he be unlucky enough to be snagged by one!

Carlson took in a big gulp of air then turned, nodding to a colleague at a console.

The Armoured Guardsmen levelled their weapons. Lionheart didn't need his Empathy power to figure out they were nervous!

The door hissed open and Lionheart stepped through ... into a group of orange clad villains!

"Get im!"

"Get inside!"

"Out of my way! I'll sort..."

"Quickly fools, before they...!"

"Get out of the way I'll blast..."

HISS!

The door hissed shut and Carlson muttered "Lord help us." The armoured guardsmen glanced at each other knowing to step out of the door like Lionheart had done would lead to their swift deaths, despite their armour boosting their abilities to vast superhuman levels! Out there were the worst of the worst, the deadliest most powerful supervillains in America, possibly the world!

=========

Lionheart was wondering if he'd stepped into an alternate version of his life, one where everything went wrong!

A brute some 7' high when stooped shoved orange suited criminals aside and made a thrust for Lionhearts throat!

OOC I'm giving him initiative for now, but you'll get your chance!

Dex 12 + four dice Martial Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 2,9,5,6,3,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
2,3,+0 Total:9 (21) vs
Lionheart OV14 + acrobatics 5 dice + Roll(7d12)+0: 10,3,10,4,11,9,7,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:33 (47) ATTACK MISSED. By a lot.

Lionheart sees a gray skinned hand thrust at him! The speed at which the bulky hand came at him was unbelieveable!

However, 'unbelievable' was somewhere south of Lionhearts reactions and reflexes, and he stepped aside to let the hand ram into the promethium wall beside him.

"Arrrrgggghhhh!" screamed the brutish inmate and he pulled back his hand. "How is this possible? I am INVULNERABLE to harm!" screamed the hulking brute.

He was so wide Lionheart couldn't see around his bulk. He knew there were at least five others behind. Three were men, two women. One of the women had purple skin but this guy was a hulking grey slablike creature. Truly this place was diverse!

OOC I'm going to quick stat the inmates in this place rather than map out every detail. I did think about doing it 'properly' but there aren't enough hours in the day. Everyone in here is Class 3 or greater in power. I've statted some up with only 450HP in Miss Victorys thread but it's possible to create a character who can one shot Superman with the starting 450HP total! For the record I think Lionheart was initially created with 3000HP when he merged with Saladin, which is somewhere around Superman's power level (post crisis). However I've since freed myself of the shackles of the DC Comics Universe so we're now operating in a Pre Crisis type power level.

For reference that level of Superman could throw Mount Everest...

Lionhearts' turn. At the moment you have Dex14 Str13 RV33 and need to wait till next round to flip to Superspeed (presumably your preferred attack). You may have to call on another type of attack, unless you feel discretion is the better part of valor!

GM NOTES.

Grey Prisoner

D12 S20 B18
Int7 W6 M12
Infl9 A8 SP11

Init 30
Kinetic Absorp 12 Skin Armour 10 Jumping 10 Sealed Systems 18 Regeneration 8 Mind Field 6 Magic Field 8
Mart Arts 8 Acrobatics 5 Weaponry 12
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 30 2020, 18:12

Admin wrote:

Lionhearts' turn. At the moment you have Dex14 Str13 RV33 and need to wait till next round to flip to Superspeed (presumably your preferred attack). You may have to call on another type of attack, unless you feel discretion is the better part of valor!

Lionheart didn't need to be quick to realise that this was going to be a tight situation. But as soon as he could flip the switch he knew he'd be out of here, at sub-par speed, but still hopefully quick enough to get him away for now. But now, was what was more pressing, and he hoped that his move toward defence could soak up the worst of what they threw at him until he could get away and start on the real mission.

OOC: Ok so going to just go defensive for now, getaway and I think maybe look for a way to unleash Saladin, because two is better than one, assuming he plays ball that is.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 01 2020, 08:39

OOC Well, you do have a 'free' attack as such so may as well use it with Mind Blast 13, his best attack when he's not speeding.

Mind Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (33) vs
Int 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,4,+0 Total:16 (23)

+4 (to 17) vs RV18=No damage

"Ha! That all you got? I didn't even feel it, punk! Who are you, some hot shot hero thinks..."

OOC Lionheart wins initiative with 56. I've been 'doing it wrong' with Superspeed in the Blood of Heroes write up so he has 34 Initiative normally then when Superspeed is boosted up he has 56 initiative. That's very, very high! Even without that he has 44, which for comparison is faster off the mark than the original Barry Allen Flash or not far behind Pre Crisis world juggling Superman (who at 49 Initiative can just about keep Lionheart in sight) but if he were written using the Blood of Heroes game rules he'd have 74 initiative... Shocked

Lionheart switches to superspeed, boosts it to 22 and races off down the corridor.

He speeds through several others and discovers this place is a set of rings, spoked like a wheel and the central core is up/down. As he's on the highest level there is only a down direction at the moment... and here, standing on the balcony looking down he sees... dozens of orange clad inmates moving about on each of the 8 or so levels. At the bottom it's too dark for him to see and he knows the 'easy' way would be to simply fly down the core...

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total:18 (27) vs
OV4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (18)

+4 (to 13) vs RV4=9 RAPs

Lionheart 'knows' that would be a bad idea. Forcefields capable of containing even his power would erect and literally trap him in the core in a small area, ready to be dissected by the inmates!

He's ready to sprint off at speed and ...

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:10 (19) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:21 (27) Danger Sense failed to detect!

Can't sense any danger in doing so but remembered Carlsons words from only a few moments ago...

"The villains have the place locked down and to reconnect our systems to open doors and deactivate the airlocks would be to invite them into the systems here and that would be a disaster. Best advice? Stay hidden as much as you can. Try NOT to use your powers at their full extent otherwise you'll trip the alarm systems in the control rooms and activate automated defences. Androids, power sapping rays, force fields, gas attacks you name it. This place was designed to keep the worst of the worst, the most powerful of the worst, locked away. There are systems secret even from me and I'm one of the circle of people who run this place. No one person knows all of the defences."

He remembers Saladins offer. He was a master criminal, strategist, and wily as a fox. However to transplant him from his mind and body, separate him willingly after what, two years of being as one? That would require a host body, and for the host to be willing. If it was possible at all! Saladin clearly thought it was. Dare he trust his sinister moral free companion?

"He went down this way! I think!" shouted a voice from the corridor back there somewhere. Along the way at speed he'd noticed door after door lining the corridors, obviously cells. Like the walls of this place the cells were made of Promethium, the wonder alloy that resisted all attempts to break it by diverting power from some central generator and toughening itself instantly while spreading out the shock/power/damage along to the rest of the structure, which was massive. In theory if some cataclysm were to befall the Earth and destroy it, this facility and possibly one or two others in the world that Lionheart didn't know about would probably survive, floating in space...

He had a choice. Look for stairs, take a slower route, ignore his danger sense and dive over the balcony to fly down the core or hide in a cell, which presumably were all open now, and wait for pursuers to pass.

That last one might be a bad idea.

The thought came unbidden in his mind. His own, or Saladins? How would you get out if they locked you in?

There was something else too. Power sapping rays. If they could be localised, he expected the villains would have used them on his by now. Maybe they could only blank out corridors, a level or individual cells. That would mean all the inmates on this level would be depowered too at the moment. That was a comforting thought, sort of. He was still a PSI Corps officer, but without his superhuman abilities he would only have a fraction of the skill he had when his mind was operating at a vastly higher rate with reflexes and memory/reasoning to match!

"DOWN HERE!" shouted a voice, and it was closer!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 01 2020, 22:05

Admin wrote:He had a choice. Look for stairs, take a slower route, ignore his danger sense and dive over the balcony to fly down the core or hide in a cell, which presumably were all open now, and wait for pursuers to pass.

"DOWN HERE!" shouted a voice, and it was closer!

Lionheart looked about for the best place to hide. Right now stealth seemed to be the smartest thing that he could do, for using his power apart from when absolutely necessary would draw all kinds of unwanted attention. And he'd rather get this done right than be done dead.

OOC: Ducking into where seems best, and trying to make like a wall or something. Meanwhile, I am wanting a conversation with Saladin, if I let him out a) why should I expect him to coporate b) on what terms would he return within after we're done c)...I'll come back to you on that one. ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 02 2020, 14:30

Speeding off somewhat less than his maximum speed Lionheart checks each door as he goes, screeches to a halt then runs fifty feet to three doors back.

It was a cell, currently empty and obviously occupied for a lot of the rest of the time judging by the personal possessions. A few books, posters on walls, magazines and box of clothing along with an unmade bed, sink and toilet.

It would do. Just so long as he wasn't locked inside! That would NOT do!

He listened and heard distant shouts fade, then peeked into the corridor. No one about. This time.

OOC Answers on the following: Meanwhile, I am wanting a conversation with Saladin, if I let him out
a) why should I expect him to coporate
"Because if you die, I am gone forever!"

b) on what terms would he return within after we're done
"If a body is not found to be permanently compatible, I will need to be re-absorbed into your form or I will perish!"

c)...I'll come back to you on that one. ;-)
Is it right that I, a free will and generally unwilling prisoner, be held forever in your body, sharing your mind! Perhaps there is some process.. .some... cloning process... that can recreate you at the molecular level and retain all of your superpowers at their current levels... and let me live separately. I believe I have proven that I can help, can act for the good of others and that my initial desire to overthrow the government in the future was corrupt and needing overthrowing! You were a pawn of Claude Bentham and Damon Trowers, amongst others, and must admit their plan to change the future by empowering the Nazis in the past was one we were both opposed to!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 03 2020, 13:21

Admin wrote:OOC Answers on the following: Meanwhile, I am wanting a conversation with Saladin, if I let him out
a) why should I expect him to coporate
"Because if you die, I am gone forever!"

b) on what terms would he return within after we're done
"If a body is not found to be permanently compatible, I will need to be re-absorbed into your form or I will perish!"

c)...I'll come back to you on that one. ;-)
Is it right that I, a free will and generally unwilling prisoner, be held forever in your body, sharing your mind! Perhaps there is some process.. .some... cloning process... that can recreate you at the molecular level and retain all of your superpowers at their current levels... and let me live separately. I believe I have proven that I can help, can act for the good of others and that my initial desire to overthrow the government in the future was corrupt and needing overthrowing! You were a pawn of Claude Bentham and Damon Trowers, amongst others, and must admit their plan to change the future by empowering the Nazis in the past was one we were both opposed to!"

Lionheart nodded, casting aside doubts and his concerns he had to agree that keeping Saladin in this way wasn't exactly what either of them had in mind and in some ways it was decidedly unethical, save for the fact that up till now Lionheart had little way of incarcerating Saladin apart from himself. That was a debate for another day, since being powered the way they were was going to be a problem and two might be better than one, the next issue was finding a suitable host for his unwilling companion.

OOC: Ok as soon as we're able to get out, part 1 is get a Saladin a body! And part 2 get to the control room to reestablish contact and switch on the systems to lock this place down. And then I guess I need to come clean with the Ultrahumans and find a way to incarcerate Saladin permanently or find a solution. It's not right that I should 'benefit' in this way but then I am not sure what else I could do with him. If he was to leave me that would immediately change my power status and I'd probably be of little use to the UlraH's so probably be back with team Frostbite. But I guess it depends on what Saladin wants, would he prefer 'incarceration within me' that a body locked in a cells like those about here?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next