The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

3 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 7 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Admin Tue May 05 2020, 20:01

As Lionheart pondered he was suddenly drawn to a screen set into the wall which buzzed into a sort of life, all grey snow 'white noise' ... that formed into a kind of vague face!

The mouth moved and a blue horizontal line formed on the screen, moving to the right with a number next to it that went up.

"Who are you?" it asked.... there was not enough detail to make out if it was male or female, and really the only details were dark shadows for eyes and a mouth...

Lionheart checked the corridor. He could hear voices from around a corner. He wouldn't have long in here!

"Who... are you?" repeated the voice, crackling, distorted, as if speaking through a broken speaker.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 7 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 05 2020, 20:23

Admin wrote:As Lionheart pondered he was suddenly drawn to a screen set into the wall which buzzed into a sort of life, all grey snow 'white noise' ... that formed into a kind of vague face!

The mouth moved and a blue horizontal line formed on the screen, moving to the right with a number next to it that went up.

"Who are you?" it asked.... there was not enough detail to make out if it was male or female, and really the only details were dark shadows for eyes and a mouth...

Lionheart checked the corridor. He could hear voices from around a corner. He wouldn't have long in here!

"Who... are you?" repeated the voice, crackling, distorted, as if speaking through a broken speaker.

Dare he reveal any more, could this be an ally or an enemy, he wondered if his danger sense would reveal anything? With the voices drawing near, he had to wonder if that would set it off anyway.
"I can't say, since I may have unwanted visitors calling in on me. If I let the welcome committee pass we can talk if however I'm discovered the first dance will have to wait for another time."

Lionheart was being cagey, he didn't know whom he could trust this side of the door, and frankly, he didn't have a mind to trust anyone until he was the other side of the control centre down below. But he knew other prison personal were trapped here as well, and he didn't want to make enemies of potential friends.

OOC: OK hoping they don't give the game away and I can hide sufficiently well in a cell that should draw no more notice than any other unless anyone has heightened senses. And so best to keep it together. Depending on how things go, be interesting to see what this 'monitor' person reveals about themselves and if they might be a helpful ally or to be avoided.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 06 2020, 10:12

Lionheart 'heard' something with his Super Hearing, a power that didn't get much use... The screen had gone dark...

"...someone in that cell that doesn't belong here! Get people down there! It's cell B19. Must be a cop, or some kind of super! If they found a way INTO this place, there MUST be a way out! Get HIM! NOW!"

Lionheart glanced at the screen. So much for a friendly face! He opened the cell door and heard their radio transmission again...

"...guys get down there! Whoever it is I need to speak to them, so bring them in ALIVE! If you have to rough them up make sure they can talk!"

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:22 (31) vs
OV4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,11,+0 Total:21 (25)

+3 EV (to 12) vs RV4= 8 RAPs

Lionhearts danger sense alerted to a group of four villains down the corridor. Two were mentalists, one was physically powerful and the other used magic as their power source! He glanced down the other corridor direction...

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
OV4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (18)

+4 (to 13) vs RV4=9 RAPs

From the other direction he got a minds eye view of two criminals heading this way. One was an incredible fighter, powerful and fast! Another was able to project darkness to blind and confuse, making the target vulnerable to blows!

His danger sense also told him that using his powers in this place activated some kind of alarm or sensors in the main control room. Of course in a place where every criminal was superhuman or powered in some way he could blend in... except the more powerful uses of abilities 'spiked' with a different grade of alarm. In such a manner the authorities would be able to identify who used the power and at what power level in order to arrange the correct suppression. That could be a problem. If he was massively more powerful than those looking for him he would stand out like a sore thumb. Likewise using his movement powers at top speed would allow the computers to track and predict his movement by giving them more information from scans and enabling predictive algorithms to...

He blinked. Sometimes his Danger Sense gave no warning, barely any warning or just enough. Other times it gave too much! One thing was for sure. He looked on the outside of the cell... B19. He'd have company soon!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 06 2020, 12:20

Admin wrote:He blinked. Sometimes his Danger Sense gave no warning, barely any warning or just enough. Other times it gave too much! One thing was for sure. He looked on the outside of the cell... B19. He'd have company soon!

He was in a literal dead-end if he charged off would he lose pursuit or just draw more to him, how could he get past these guys...stealth they said, so much for the stealthy approach. He looked about, not much help here a superpowered cell was going to provide next to no help in a situation like this. And if he'd already been rumbled by whoever was on the monitor chances where that he was the real brains behind this little coup, or at least in league with Advent and whomever else they'd enlisted.

No, he had to make a run for it, it was that or be roughed up and taken anyway. And if whatever systems did trigger, maybe he could use that to his advantage, no point in playing it too cool. He waited till the men were closer but not too close he wanted the room to move and figured going in the direction that took him into the place was the best he could do.

OOC: OK feel like I am in the Koibash Moru situation, but still going to make a superspeed dash for it and leap over the guys and see if I can get past them. Or even trigger the systems if I need to put a bit of speed into it to leave them standing or better still get them to trigger the systems by going low on power (but not too low) whilst letting them amp it up to catch me. Might even use a bit of Lionheart trademark banter to get them really mad that often works. Not sure what the HP cost for that is, but you know how I like to turn on the charm when necessary ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 07 2020, 10:09

OOC if you feel cornered and like you're trapped in a prison with a whole load of super powered criminals with few options and no real plan as to how to sort this out... well that's about right then!

There are options, just that some of them aren't so obvious.

Lionhearts Danger Sense was something like an instinct, a 'sense' that something was wrong and worked to trigger certain responses in his brain or so he thought. He'd not paid too much attention to the science part of his 'birth'.

Still, it seemed to pretty much be 'bang on the money' when it came to assessing the threat that faced him right now!

Something DID occur to him though. This place blocked powers when used against the structure of the place. It blocked powers from being used except by line of sight... except ... except he'd just 'heard' a radio broadcast through one of these walls. The outer walls of this place would block EVERYTHING unless you somehow managed to blast through them but there seemed to be a 'gateway' in place that allowed guards to communicate with each other - otherwise they'd have to speak face to face, not a great situation in a prison. So somewhere was a system that acted like a firewall and certain things could be set to pass through it. Access that and he could use his mental powers. Perhaps there was a way of accessing only HIS mental powers through the walls of the structure.

If only he could...

OOC Int check 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:13 (22) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,6,+0 Total:7 (13) Success

Lionheart saw his reflection in the chrome walls and doorway. Not a perfect reflection, the walls were dull and the image that came back was if through fog as the walls weren't polished. He wasn't much interested in how he looked, but rather, what he was wearing.

More specifically the suit that Wandafar had given him.

Wandafar, who knew where Lionheart was about to go.

Wandafar, who had helped design some of the systems in this place.

Wandafar.

Probably the smartest being he'd ever met.

He touched a finger lightly to the helmet covering his ear. "Wandafar?"

Clear as a bell, instantly, came the reply. "Ja? Hef you defeated ze bed guys yet? Can zis vait? Ken Barlow is just giving some von a telling off und I'm eating." he said noisily whilst crunching on something.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 07 2020, 12:45

Admin wrote:He touched a finger lightly to the helmet covering his ear. "Wandafar?"

Clear as a bell, instantly, came the reply. "Ja? Hef you defeated ze bed guys yet? Can zis vait? Ken Barlow is just giving some von a telling off und I'm eating." he said noisily whilst crunching on something.

Something like a sense of thankfulness swept over Lionheart, for once he was feeling the strain of working alone. Not that he hadn't had to do it many times before, but having spent such a long time among friends and allies, it now seemed strange again to be going it alone.

After a whispered conversation to bring Wandafar up to speed, he then finished up by asking the diminutive dwarf, "So the thing is, how do I move about this place without being taken down and yet trying to get to the control room to switch back on the super-powered suppressants. If Advent are in on this, trying to stir up the hornet's nest in order to 'rescue' the states we've got a much bigger issue both within and without."

OOC: I'd never have thought of contacting Wandafar, frankly, I'd completely forgotten the one time link thing...so glad for that 'tip' Rolling Eyes

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 08 2020, 08:25

"Hmmm. Let me see. Zis is a pickle for sure." muttered Wandafar over the comms.

"You vill not like zis idea. However it is just a suggestion. Using your suit as an interface to connect viz ze systems in ze prison I believe I can activate ze power nullifiers on zis level. Zet vill bathe ze whole level of ze prison in anti negaton rays. Despite ze snezzy name it just means zet powers vill conk out in a few moments."

"For every vun on zis vun level. Including you. Zet, believe it or not, might be your best bet to take down a lot of ze scumbegs. It's a glitch, a beck door, an... anomaly vitch vill need closing but for now it is an exploit. Unfortunately because it is not supposed to be there it is a blunt instrument. Everyone hes powers... or no vun does. You hef training but viz out your superhuman abilities und telekinetic powers you vill have ordinary human strength und you may get a kicking. I hef uploaded a map of zis level into your suit to guide you to ze stairs. On the next level down your powers vill return. Also..."

"Hmmm. Zer is an alert out for some hero woman who entered ze Prison on her own. She is three levels down und probably needs help pronto. I... Ackkk! Some vun is in ze system und booted me out. Me! Imagine zet... You should beware. Somebody is able to hop from system to system like a ghost und zey may not be friendly. So, just say ze vord und I shell flip ze switch, you fight through hoards of goons und get to ze next level. Hmmm."

"If you can thump someones head in and chuck zem in a cell I can lock ze cell on zis level. I hef uploaded a code to ze suit nannites. Simply press ze control panel on a door to unlock or lock it. It ken be overridden ... IF zey know about it."

Footsteps outside the door.

Since his inception as an agent after ten years accelerated growth in the birthing vats in 2193 Lionheart had his skills, training and metahuman abilities to draw on. He'd gone back in time, battled aliens, Nazis, demons and super villains galore as well as everything in between. He'd met friends, made allies, been part of a team and joined forces literally with his arch enemy Saladin. Only his power kept Saladin inside him. What would happen if he were to have his powers taken away?

A hand pushing the door open...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 08 2020, 21:36

Admin wrote:A hand pushing the door open...

Seeing that it was, do or die, Lionheart fancied his chances, without his powers more than these goons who probably without there's were unlikely to be much more than muscle and probably a lot less. What worried him was what would happen to Saladin, would he materialise with a body? No one knew, but as the door creaked open Lionheart knew he had to act or else whoever else was in the system might discover what they were up to and kick Wandafar out.

"Do it!" He said through gritted teeth not knowing what to expect but hoping he was ready to act.

OOC: Ok assuming this doesn't leave me out cold for a long while, I'll go for the initiative and when the rays have taken effect, kick the door as it widens on our curious onlooker and go for the attack asap.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 09 2020, 19:12

OOC Ok, I took my best guess at what as twenty something athlete/martial artist/cop from the future might look like if they were not powered by psychic energy on the scale of that required to power a city, and here he is:

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 7 Lionheart-powerless

The lights dimmed then came back on and Lionheart 'felt' different.

For starters he wasn't constantly filtering out noise, senses, taste, touch... he couldn't 'feel' the presence of danger even though it was close and knew he'd made a mist...

The door opened and a burly guy stomped in "Hey what gives? I feel... DID YOU DO THIS?" he snarls, popping his knuckles and striding all his six and a half foot tall and almost as wide over to Lionheart!

OOC Initiative...

Mr Prison Goon has no chance of winning so Lionheart goes first.

With Martial Artist and Acrobatics at the same level you basically have two free dice to allocate as you see fit. So two to attack or two to defence or one to each. There are other goons outside the door remember so you may want to try a multi attack to take them all out or a critical blow or just see where the dice take you this first round and go from there. Lionheart *thinks* he's faster and he knows he's smarter than the guy in front of him, but chances are he's maybe not as strong. Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 09 2020, 19:18

Admin wrote:Mr Prison Goon has no chance of winning so Lionheart goes first.

With Martial Artist and Acrobatics at the same level you basically have two free dice to allocate as you see fit. So two to attack or two to defence or one to each. There are other goons outside the door remember so you may want to try a multi attack to take them all out or a critical blow or just see where the dice take you this first round and go from there. Lionheart *thinks* he's faster and he knows he's smarter than the guy in front of him, but chances are he's maybe not as strong. Over to you.[/i][/color]

OOC: Yeah go for knocking this guy back. I'm thinking that if I can maybe I'll see if I can just blend in as another goon like them sort of thing.

Lionheart shouted back at the man, "So you after my stash are yah. Well see here mate, Razor don't like anyone just crashing his digs, so I'd best show you some manners ain't I" With that Lionheart/Razor sought to use his depowered position to knock this guy back hard.

OOC: Dice one to each even Stevens, and see if I can use my Martial arts to knock the smile off his face.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 11 2020, 17:43

Lionheart twisted to deliver a spinning kick at the goon coming through the door...

OOC Dex 6 + one die M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,4,5,+0 Total:15 (21) vs
Dex 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (16)

+3 EV (to 6) vs RV4=2 damage

Bang!

The goon staggers and yells out, prompting the others to clamour forward and push to try to get in. "Wait yer turn! This must be a super hero! Ha! Take more dan dat ta put me down!" he spluttered, spitting blood but grinning with a red mouth.

OOC Dex 3 + Martial Arts 1 die + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,6,4,+0 Total:10 (13) vs
Dex 6 + Acro 1 die + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,6,9,+0 Total:17 (23) Attack Missed!

Lionheart ducks easily under the wild blow and knows he has the beating of this idiot, even without his powers! It felt strange to be depowered. He'd always know superhuman abilities ever since being admitted into the PSI Corps academy in the 2180s. Not every clone passed the tests or made the grade and though he'd been something of a slacker in class he'd turned out to be the greatest PSI Corps officer of all!

Delivering another uppercut to the goon...

OOC Dex 6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,12,+0 Total:32 (38) vs
Dex 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,2,+0 Total:14 (17)

+6 EV (to 9) vs RV4= 5 damage

This time the blow sent the big prisoner flying into the corridor, crashing against the wall opposite and sliding down, quite unconscious!

The others watched Lionheart (OOC he's still in his 'Lionheart' costume unless you want to dress up as a prisoner, which might not be a bad idea but abandoning the Wandafar costume might be a bad idea) stride into the corridor wringing his hand and grinning. "Who's next?" quipped the hero.

Well, that was enough for the depowered villains. Even the bigger ones had seen the biggest of them rendered unconscious!

They sprinted away as fast as they could!

A cell door opened opposite and a black man in prison orange looked out. He was an older man, in his fifties and wearing spectacles. "Humm, wondered what all the noise was about. You one dem supers? Got me ma powers back an they's gone again. Can't say as I miss em. All they brought was pain an misery ta me an mine. Bad choices, bad luck, bad timin' saw me in here an they threw the key away far as I know. Now all this. Alarms, costumed folk fightin some of the baddest men on the level an we get our powers back. Then they go again. What i wouldn't give fer some peace n quiet. You intendin' ta fight your way throuhg the prison son?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 12 2020, 08:19

Admin wrote:A cell door opened opposite and a black man in prison orange looked out. He was an older man, in his fifties and wearing spectacles. "Humm, wondered what all the noise was about. You one dem supers? Got me ma powers back an they's gone again. Can't say as I miss em. All they brought was pain an misery ta me an mine. Bad choices, bad luck, bad timin' saw me in here an they threw the key away far as I know. Now all this. Alarms, costumed folk fightin some of the baddest men on the level an we get our powers back. Then they go again. What i wouldn't give fer some peace n quiet. You intendin' ta fight your way through the prison son?"

Lionheart looked at the old man, he didn't know if this was some subtle way of getting him to lower his guard or if the man was for real. Without his danger sense he couldn't be sure and had to fall back on good old instinct and law enforcement training.

"Hmm, no not really, just don't like being handled. I've got work to do, but I'm not looking to fight my way through anyone if I can help it. I'm not looking for trouble, but it seems to have my number on speed dial!"

Lionheart turned to leave, heading deeper into the complex, and hoping that he could find a quiet spot to let the uniform change in some way to some less conspicuous, so as not to be drawn into further conflicts and take the stealthy approach he was cautioned to use.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 13 2020, 06:05

The smart nannites seem to known what the wearer wanted. Being a gadget they were however still affected by the nullifying rays of the prison.

This level truly was on lockdown.

"Here son." said the prisoner, fishing about under the bed in a personal storage box. "Maybe not your size but close enough. Should be easier ta blend in. Good luck." said the old fella. "Don't let em catch ya."

He got back on with reading his book "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption."

=========

Stepping from an empty cell - at least of its current occupant, as the sparse furnishings suggested someone lived there - Lionheart glanced at his costume.

Reduced to 'ordinary cloth' instead of the smartsuit he'd come in with he had to make a choice. To take it with him would require rolling it up and carrying it in a bag and sure to ask questions. To leave it here would invite suspicion and hostility amongst those who found it. Not every prisoner knew one another. Which one of them was the superhero? He was clearly undercover and abroad in the prison... The suit was useful in other ways though. When it was working he could contact Wandafar who was an ace in the hole, and the systems linked to a database identifying most prisoners meaning he could bluff his way through, though of course with his mind power he could read someone's mind for details.

He glanced out of the cell door. At the end of the corridor were a group of four prisoners standing guard at the stairwell entrance. Each looked confused having had their powers removed. Could he take four? Two looked like gym bunnies and pretty handy. The other two were of ordinary build but might be carrying knives or shivs, who knew? Could he persuade them, threaten them, or was the best approach to go through them, and maybe somehow lock the door behind? He'd definitely need his suit to do that so that Wandafar could work his magic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 13 2020, 08:30

Admin wrote:He glanced out of the cell door. At the end of the corridor were a group of four prisoners standing guard at the stairwell entrance. Each looked confused having had their powers removed. Could he take four? Two looked like gym bunnies and pretty handy. The other two were of ordinary build but might be carrying knives or shivs, who knew? Could he persuade them, threaten them, or was the best approach to go through them, and maybe somehow lock the door behind? He'd definitely need his suit to do that so that Wandafar could work his magic.

OOC: Can I get away with putting the prison suit over my suit? If not I guess it's carrying it - but I know that is going to cause a problem, the point being when I get out of the nullifying rays I can get it to become a prison costume - so no point ditching it. Besides as you say too important as an ace in the hole. Be like ditching a +1 sword because I was in an anti-magic sphere or something. It's still a sword, right?

Lionheart made best do with the costume situation and strode confidently forward. He knew that the chances of getting through without some sort of 'offering' was likely nil. But he thought he'd try dialogue, size up the hostiles and see where he could go from there. Besides if he had to open the next door to get onto the lower level, he wasn't going to be able to do it without help.

"Lovely day for a stroll..." Lionheart said amiably as he strode purposefully towards the men. "I'm thinking its a bit cramp up here especially with our powers turned off, I'm going to find me a nice cubby hole through there, do you mind...?" He said as he purposefully strode forward aiming to step past the men even as he could see them looking with disdain at him.

OOC: OK depending on how this goes, I aim to get in among them and hit out using martial arts, going for an even Stevens split dice wise 3 and 2, and see if I can take them out use their strengths against them and keep moving etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 13 2020, 20:24

With the prison orange over his smart cloth costume and the mask/gloves tucked inside his front Lionheart strode forwards.

The Prisoners seemed to be trying to use their powers but to no avail. Looking up at the sound of Lionhearts voice they bristled and the two muscled types stepped forwards. "You ain't goin' nowhere! We been told ta stop everyone an to get down dem stairs ya gotta go through us!" laughed the musclebound prisoner.

They seem ready for a scrap and Lionheart obliges as one reaches for him snarling "C'mere runt! Let's see what your here for!"

OOC Initiative Roll(2d12)+0: 9 LH,8 bad guys

Lionheart acts first!

You only have 2 dice to play with so I assume you'll split 1/1

AV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,11,5,+0 Total:21 vs
OV3 + Acro 1D + Roll(3d12)+0: 3,2,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,2,+0 Total:9 (12)

+4 EV (to 7) vs RV3=4 damage. One goon is knocked out!

The other muscled goon takes a swing at Lionheart

OV3 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:35 (38) vs
OV6 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:31 (37) Attack hit, just!

+1 EV (to 5) vs RV5=No damage

Lionheart blocks a savage uppercut and spins as another goon attacks!

AV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,7,+0 Total:17 (19) vs
OV6 + 1D Acro + less multi attack 2 + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,7,1,+0 Total:13 (17) HIT

+2 EV (to 4) vs RV5= No damage!

Lionheart blocks another blow and wonders if he made the right move. He was tough, pretty strong and very fast... for a normal human!

He looked at the last prisoner who stared at him... then raised a hand to wave 'Nope!' and he backed off!

Next Round I assume the same... Roll(2d12)+0: 6 LH,6 Bad Guys LH goes first exactly same as last round

AV6 + Roll(3d12)+0: 7,9,4,+0 Total:16 (22) vs
OV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (14)

+4 (to 7) vs RV4=3 damage. Goon is on 1/4 Body

Goon Attacks!

OV3 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 3,6,1,+0 Total:9 (12) vs
OV6 + 1D Ac + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,3,4,+0 Total:10 (16) attack missed.

Second goon ...

AV2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,1,+0 Total:13 (15) vs
OV6 - Multi Attack 2+ Roll(3d12)+0: 11,8,9,+0 Total: 20 (24) Attack Missed

And finally Lionheart attacks BOTH goons!

Initiative Roll(2d12)+0: 2 LH ,5 Bad Guys LH first

Using BOTH dice M Arts to attack a multi attack!

LH AV6 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,12,10,8,+0 Total:22 (28) vs
Ov3 + 2 Multi + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,1,+0 Total:4 (9)

+6 EV (to 9) vs RV4 + 2 Multi=3 damage apiece. BOTH REMAINING PRISONERS ARE DOWN!

With a flurry of fists and kicks followed up by an elbow and jab to the solar plexus both Prisoners go down. Three down one to go!

"Hey man, I'm nothing without my mind powers! I ain't got no beef wid ya! Those guys tell ya what ta do an you do it, otherwise ... " he made a cutting motion with his finger across his neck. That presented Lionheart with a problem. If he didn't knock this guy out, what was to stop him rushing off to tell someone what he'd seen?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 13 2020, 22:19

Admin wrote:"Hey man, I'm nothing without my mind powers! I ain't got no beef wid ya! Those guys tell ya what ta do an you do it, otherwise ... " he made a cutting motion with his finger across his neck. That presented Lionheart with a problem. If he didn't knock this guy out, what was to stop him rushing off to tell someone what he'd seen?

Lionheart loomed over the man, who seemed to shrink after the display of his fighting prowess, although he didn't feel as confident as he tried to appear. "I am going through that door, now do I need to use your head as my tool of choice? I hope not, cause here is what I want you to do, stand next to me so you can watch my back, if one of those goons so much as breath's wrong, guess who'll ill be using as my weapon of choice. And don't think of trying anything, because this isn't the time to make enemies, but friends - I can be a good friend or a very, very bad enemy...kapish?"

OOC: Ok assuming I've made this guy understand I want him where he will not stop me getting through the next level and at the same time within easy reach so he doesn't run off and spoil my chances of getting through the next door. Assuming, of course, I can get through the next door.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 13 2020, 23:04

The prisoner was more than happy to cooperate after having seen Lionheart dismantle three prisoners in a heartbeat!

The door opened at a press of a panel and he looked to a stairwell that ran downstairs up to two levels. As soon as he stepped out into it the nulling effect was blocked by the door and his powers returned at their full, natural levels! That meant Saladin was still with him and he knew that whatever floor he came out onto would have criminals who were fully powered, dangerous and in here for a very good reason!

Also in here were three superheroes. Miss Victory, Mind Maiden and Shellghost. Finding them might be a challenge though. Where to start looking? Which floor? Were they captive? Worse?

His danger sense, like every other sense, was blocked by the doorways and walls of this place. This... wonder metal, promethium, was empowered with layer upon layer of cell thickness force, mind and magic fields. It blocked everything.

That meant when he opened a door onto a new level he would be stepping into the unknown...

OOC You're on the top level. Want to drop one level... or two?

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 7 Prison-side-picture
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 14 2020, 12:49

Admin wrote:OOC You're on the top level. Want to drop one level... or two?

In for a penny...no Dad I ever had might have said. Lionheart thought to himself as he dropped down two layers. It wasn't that he was being particularly careless but it was hard to be stealthy and make progress and progress was the name of the game.

OOC: I don't suppose there is a roof hatch I can sit atop of, as the cart drops down to see if I can turn up and not be so obvious to whoever is waiting down below? I can always float to the top of the cart and see if I can hang above the doors so that I'm not so obviously seen without someone stepping in. If that makes sense, just wanting to put myself in a position where it's not totally obvious that I'm a sitting duck with a target painted on!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 14 2020, 20:00

OOC Top quality art skills to the rescue! Ahem.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 7 Prison-side-on-updated-from-excel

The hastily/badly drawn wonky lines on the left hand side show the stairwell. The lift shaft goes up and down the central core where most of the bad guys are gathered. Each level has guards posted as the prisoners form bands/gangs and seal off 'their' level whilst the leaders negotiate/fight and form/break alliances in a matter of hours. Their eventual plan is simple, one expects. Make sure the power nullifiers stay off, contact the outside world and play a deadly game with the authorities to force them to let them out, or... or the staff in this prison will be subject to the wrath of over 100 deadly superhumans! The worst of them all are powerhouses in their own right and only the mightiest of superheroes including the Ultrahumans who put many of them away, will be able to attempt to contain them!

If only the stairs were all lined up on one side. Blame the designers of the prison. Ahem.

Uhhh just seen it. The blue things are the stairwells. Not sure why i did them in blue, or why Excel defaults to that but whatever...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 14 2020, 20:18

Admin wrote:Uhhh just seen it. The blue things are stairwells. Not sure why I did them in blue, or why Excel defaults to that but whatever...[/i]

From what Lionheart remembered of the layout, it would seem best to use the stairs, they might be well guarded but spread out they also would prove to be a way by which he might move more stealthily between floors. That is if he didn't have to go from one side of the complex to the other to get to the next one going down. Oh well, life wouldn't be fun without a challenge or 100 of them to try and sneak by.

OOC: Ok look like we are trying to move between floors, using stairwells where lift shafts become too difficult or have too much else going on. And if poss, look for a way to offload Saladin so there are two of us...hopefully working together pale

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 14 2020, 23:41

Lionheart arrived on level 3.

He was mindful of Saladin helping throughout all of this but that would affect his powers massively. Not all of the prisoners in this place would be world shakers and he hoped all those big hitters would be in the same place arguing things out.

That still left the problem of what lay beyond the doorway. More criminals. Every level seemed to have declared some kind of allegiance to one supervillain or another. Getting that right might mean the difference between having to fight his way through or bluffing it. How might he find that information out?

OOC Any thoughts on that? There is a doorway on the bottom of the stairs that leads onto L3. trying to meet up with Miss Victory is all well and good but as David M mentioned, if they are going up and you are going down, meeting at some point is tricky!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 15 2020, 21:39

Admin wrote:Lionheart arrived on level 3.

OOC Any thoughts on that? There is a doorway on the bottom of the stairs that leads onto L3. trying to meet up with Miss Victory is all well and good but as David M mentioned, if they are going up and you are going down, meeting at some point is tricky!

OOC: I'd love to meet up with Dave's Character but I've no idea where they'd be and at what level. I am also keen to meet up as it stops the need for me to 'have to' separate from Saladin and keep my options open. Assuming Dave is heading up via the stairwells, presumably, if I head down we are bound to meet? So I guess that might be the way to go affraid Happy to work towards that.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 16 2020, 09:25

At the doorway to level 3 Lionheart paused. It was slightly ajar otherwise it would, like the rest of the metal in this place, absorb sound, vibration, mental powers and anything else used against it.

He could hear voices and with his superhuman hearing had no problem listening in...

"... boss says ta watch out. Word is that there's at least one cape running about this place. Word is that they can punch too. Hard."

"Huh. My mind zap will bring em down. These muscle heads can throw mountains around but fold faster than a bad hand when I hit em with my full blast!"

"Well just watch it. Word is that we might be teaming up with another floor. Dunno who yet. So long as its not Mindsharks lot. I'm not keen on that Blackrock guy either. He's a bully."

"Ha! Again, I just zap em an they fall down! Stick with me! Say, what is it you can do anyway!"

"I uh, turn into a Giant Crocodile. Like BIG! REALLY BIG!"

There was silence then. Another voice eventually piped up "hey you three! Any movement from the stairwell? keep an eye out in case someone from level 2 tries anything! We 'threes' gotta stick together!"

There was a sigh and a new voice said "Well, I'll go take a look shall I?" as the owner walked towards the door to the stairwell.. with Lionheart in prison orange on the other side!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 16 2020, 16:52

Admin wrote:At the doorway to level 3 Lionheart paused. It was slightly ajar otherwise it would, like the rest of the metal in this place, absorb sound, vibration, mental powers and anything else used against it.

There was a sigh and a new voice said "Well, I'll go take a look shall I?" as the owner walked towards the door to the stairwell.. with Lionheart in prison orange on the other side!

OOC: Out of interest which voice said they'd look? If it was the Shark guy, I will pull him through step out and slam the door shut. If it was the mind guy, I'll smack him hard, - I'm hoping that his physical defences aren't as great as his mental ones and use martial arts. And if its the third guy, I think I'll pull him through and Mind zap him anyway hoping he's not a mind zapping baddy either. And then step through to face, what I hope is "only" two more = what can possibly go wrong ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 16 2020, 18:45

OOC the guys on the other side of the door are:

Someone who zaps peoples brains
The guy who turns into a big crocodile (and mentioned Mindshark) says 'word' a lot
Someone else (coming through the door)

Someone further down the corridor who called out 'we threes stick together'

The door opened into the stairwell. Lionheart caught a glimpse of a nerdy looking guy with thin greasy hair and a black fella who looked like a gang type. Down the corridor someone else had just moved out of sight to keep looking for intruders.

The guy walking into the stairwell looked to be covered from head to toe with Quills! There were tatters of orange cloth hanging off but the foot long spines looked razor sharp and glinted as he walked.

Lionheart didn't mess about and mind zapped him!

OOC I'll not bother with initiative.

Mind Blast 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:13 (26) vs
OV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,1,+0 Total:12 (15)

+5 (to 18) vs RV4=14 RAPs. The guy is OUT for the COUNT!

Come to think of it I just statted him up and there was absolutely no need. Everyone in her is super powered and most are class 2+. This guy could punch his Quills through anything short of Promethium (these walls etc) and would definitely pose a problem... but not everyone can resist mental/magical even physical attacks so well....

Lionheart stepped into the corridor after pulling Quill guy aside and tossing him down. It sounded like emptying a tin of needles all over the place.

"Who da hell dis guy?" said the gang fella.

"How should I know? ZAP HIM!"

OOC Going for Crit Blow

Mind Blast 17 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (29) vs
Int 9 + CB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,5,+0 Total: DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,12,+0 Total:24 (37) Attack Missed!

"I don't believe it! My power should be enough to flatten 90% of the idiots in here!" he squealed.

The other guy changed, morphing and skin splitting as what looked to be a human crocodile burst forth from the horrid mess of his body!

"Kuuuurrrnnntt Growww innnn heerree" he growled with an elongated snout. That said he was already touching the ten foot high ceiling! He slashed with sharp claws at Lionheart!

OOC Dex 8 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,1,9,5,+0 Total:14 (22) vs
Dex 22 + 5D Acro + Roll(7d12)+0: 2,8,12,4,3,2,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:33 (55)

Missed very much indeed.

Lionheart watched as the razor sharp claws from the hand attached to the steel muscled giant arm slashed at him... then stepped aside and continued to watch as if the Croc guy were moving through a pool of setting glue. Since he'd merged with Saladin his power and his speed were off the chart and he wondered if he could be as effective without them (OOC short answer ABSOLUTELY NOT!)

Watching the Croc guy stumble past he saw the nerdy greaser hurriedly adjust his glasses and try to put on a confident front. "You'll never break down my forcefield!" he squeaked.

OOC No point initiative, Lionheart first.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next