The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

3 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 8 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 16 2020, 21:51

Admin wrote:roc guy stumble past he saw the nerdy greaser hurriedly adjust his glasses and try to put on a confident front. "You'll never break down my forcefield!" he squeaked. [color=#0033cc] OOC No point initiative, Lionheart first.

Lionheart sighed, it was getting to be a long, long day.

OOC: Can I just run past these guys and save myself the fight. If not I am tempted to throw crocodile guy at the greasy guy, forcefield or not I imagine once he is sat on by the croc, he won't move that easy. But might need to mind zap the little fella first, although I imagine his defences might be formidable.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League! - Page 8 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Lionheart Issue #8 - Welcome to the Major League!

Post  Admin Sun May 17 2020, 08:30

OOC Don't be so sure that villains tell the truth!

Lionheart gave a sigh. If these guys got away they'd raise the alarm and before long he'd be fighting through swathes of super powered criminals!

To get to the control room he would have to wade through hip deep unconscious villains and eventually he'd run across someone he couldn't put down, someone who could not only match him but out batter him physically, mentally or worse. Mystically. Somewhere in this place would be a level where mystics had gathered themselves together to form a formidable force. He needed to give himself a buffer to attacks from behind.

That meant beating the snot out of everyone he came across, avoiding them, or making a deal with those he encountered. Chances are there were more than a few people in here with dangerous super powers who had been put in here not because they had committed crimes but because they were too dangerous to be outside.

He also had his ace in the hole.

Wandafar. Putting his costume on might make him a target but he could communicate with the outside world, albeit briefly whilst satellites changed position and the signal was lost. A matter of seconds, but it might be the edge he needed.

As thoughts flashed through his mind he smacked into croc guy and delivered a kick to greaser mind guy.

OOC Crit Blow Dex 22 + 3D attack (2 for defence) + Roll(5d12)+0: 9,7,4,11,2,+0 Total:20 (42) vs
OV8 + 1D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Multi attack 2 + Roll(3d12)+0: 12,11,6,+0 Total:23 (37)

+3 (to 16) vs RV13 + Multi 2 (15) - 6 (Crit Blow) (9)=7 damage apiece. Mind guy is OUT, Croc guy on 6/13 BODY

The mind guy/greaser clatters into the floor, unconscious! The Croc guy grunts and mumbles "Huh, I felt that."

He swung in response but even that seemed half hearted.

OOC Dex 8 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,12,8,+0 Total:23 (31) vs
OV22 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,5,1,10,+0 Total: 16 (38) Attack MISSED

The croc guy swung a huge fist, missing again and rumbled "I hate speedsters! I only need ta land one hit do punk, den you are MINE!" he roared.

OOC Lionheart again, going for crit blow once more...

Dex 22 + 4D M Arts (1D acro) + Roll(6d12)+0: 4,1,3,3,10,6,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:14 (36) vs
OV8 + 2D Acro (as he tries to avoid getting beaten up) + 4 Crit Blow + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,5,9,7,+0 Total:16 (28) Hit +4 EV (to 17)

EV17 vs RV13 -6 (Crit Blow)= 10 damage. Croc guy is DOWN!

SMECK!

The crocodile guy falls back in a massive heap then shrinks back to a normal sized human. A naked human, having shredded his orange prisoner garb.

The Mind blaster might have been powerful but his mouth signed checks his powers couldn't cash and Croc guy had been tough but to a speedster it was a matter of time before he was ground down. Lionheart considered. The fact was he WAS a powerful superhero and the majority of the bad guys in here would be class 3 or lower, ones he could handle without much effort, even two or more at the same time. Where the problem really reared its head was when he butted heads with someone he couldn't put down quickly. Then he was in danger of being overrun and that would be disastrous.

It had been foolhardy and risky to come in here on his own, but to allow the villains to rule the roost, making plans, organising and looking for a way out of this place - and there HAD to be a way out, that was for sure - was not something that bore thinking about.

Lionheart needed to get down the prison levels. Using his powers at their max would show up on sensors like a beacon and draw bad guys to him. He could throw caution to the wind and race through the level, fight his way through at a slog, sneak through or try another approach. Find those who were in here for their own and others safety, and wanted no part in criminal activity. There had to be a few.

Maybe he could recruit them temporarily. That would increase his chances massively. In the meantime what to do with three unconscious prisoners, one of them butt naked?

OOC Along every corridor in this place are doors, and most of those (the vast majority) are cells. Some are offices, others med bays, security stations, cleaning storage and so on. Much of the tasks in this done are done by robots, all of which are deactivated by the villains in this place and probably being repurposed. That will present a new problem. You couldn't mind zap something without a mind, after all!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 17 2020, 16:29

Admin wrote:OOC Along every corridor in this place are doors, and most of those (the vast majority) are cells. Some are offices, others med bays, security stations, cleaning storage and so on. Much of the tasks in this done are done by robots, all of which are deactivated by the villains in this place and probably being repurposed. That will present a new problem. You couldn't mind zap something without a mind, after all![/color]

Mindful that the three stooges might well wake any minute, Lionheart deposited them as best he could in a cell, before closing it and trying to bust the lock to make it harder for them to escape. He had no intention of lighting himself upon anyone radar, especially since the surveillance was compromised. He thought about the guy above who lent him the prison orange. If he could find and gain the help of some like that, perhaps he might yet find a way through, or help with those who know.

Right now he was aware that there was personal still trapped and at least one other Metahuman who was in this complex and also a target for a prison full of the most lethal meta human prisoners on the planet. A quick call to Wandafar might be in order...

OOC: SO going to call up my friend, and let him in on where we are up to, the cape that is somewhere here and my current predicament and placement. Stealth is all good and well but only if there was a corridor that wasn't so wide open and exposed. Was there a back door? What there pipes, or slipway he might take advantage of? Stealth seemed to be both the best option and the most frustrating to achieve. And also whilst I am at it does he know where this other Meta-Human might be?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 18 2020, 14:33

Somewhat frustrated that the locks were like the walls, being 'bust proof' Lionheart had to rely on the downed idiots staying that way for a while.

He moved to another cell, empty, and changed into his Lionheart costume.

It morphed and connected nano security connections to reform the circuitry. After a moment he tapped a panel with a finger held to it.

"Wandafar."

A wait. much longer than before. He tried again and again. Finally figuring he was on his own and hearing distant voices he was about to disconnect then ...

"Lionheart? Ze Signal is faint. It vill not lest long. Zer are no satellites allowed over ze prison so it has to 'jump' ze signal und zet has other problems. Bouncing around satell... never mind. Vot? You are on level... 3 now."

OOC you have three separate questions you can ask then the signal is lost!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 18 2020, 21:28

Admin wrote:"Lionheart? Ze Signal is faint. It vill not lest long. Zer are no satellites allowed over ze prison so it has to 'jump' ze signal und zet has other problems. Bouncing around satell... never mind. Vot? You are on level... 3 now."

OOC you have three separate questions you can ask then the signal is lost!

Lionheart let his mind process the best questions he could come up with before saying quickly

"Where is the other hero in the prison, How can I move stealthily through the complex, and are there any whom might serve as potential allies the enemy of my enemy etc."

Lionheart hoped that he could get some idea of what to expect. If he could meet the other cape Liberty Bell or someone he seemed to hear talk of, then maybe the two could work together to get the place back into lockdown before things blew sky wide.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 19 2020, 23:40

"Hmmm let's see. The AI of zet place records EVERYTHING zet gets seen on CCTV and transcripts it for legal purposes. Everything said, done, who walked where and who vent for a pee no doubt." said Wandafar.

He was breaking up and this was stretching the bounds of what was possible with his nano technology and hacking deep into the prisons systems which were no doubt trying to block him out.

"I vud guess level 6, 5 or 4. She vas taken und... oh dear. Another lady super was killed by ze inmates. Ze remaining vun must feel terribly alone. You must help her."

"You vill light ze place up like a beacon if ze prison is full of lesser powered inmates in zet part. Ironically it may be safer to mingle viz ze more powerful vuns, and zere are a number more powerful zen you. Crikey. Vatch your beck. Be sneaky, or persuasive."

"Hmmm..." by now the systems had tracked down a ghost in the machine and Lionheart had to concentrate to make out the words. "Cell 14D, 11F, 26H. All in for menslaughter or accidental use of zer powers und no other records suggesting criminal ectivity. Try for zer cells, sweet talk zem. Heck, if zey cen help get you out of zer ve can see if zer is anything to be done about zer sentences. Maybe you should... skrrrrzzzz!"

Silence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 20 2020, 12:19

Admin wrote:Maybe you should... skrrrrzzzz!"Silence.

Silence... it was mere moments but suddenly the silence and the lack of sound. Of any familiarity or friendly voice seemed to suddenly drown Lionheart as an emotion, something he wasn't all that familiar with, seemed to wash over him in despair. He shook it off. Such thoughts were not unknown to him, but he had powers, abilities, skills and experience the like of which many could only dream off. It didn't look great, but what had Wandafar said,

"Vatch your beck. Be sneaky, or persuasive....Try for zer cells, sweet talk zem. Heck, if zey cen help get you out of zer ve can see if zer is anything to be done about zer sentences. Maybe you should... skrrrrzzzz!"

Sweet talk? Hmm, Wandafar clearly had a different idea about his own skills. He didn't also like the idea that one cape had been killed and another remained alive. That made him wince at the thought, tough capable, even he had reason to be cautious here. So he had now three objectives, get to the control centre and switch on the defences, find Liberty Bell, somewhere on levels 4, 5 or 6 and talk to some inmates to see if he could 'mingle' among them and maybe gain some allies in Cells "14D, 11F, 26H" So now he was going to have to look at every cell on every floor just in case he spotted a potential ally.

"Well, Richard, no point hanging about ole boy, not going to do anything here but grow old fast."

OOC: Ok so looking for allies, trying to blend in, so change back into prison uniform, and looking for floors 4, 5 and 6. and the cells indicated to see what we can see.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 22 2020, 06:16

The cells were on the level he was on. In prison orange now he walked out, moving along the corridors.

This place was a marvel. The metal was not widely known of and probably worth more than its weight and diamonds put together and this whole place was made of it. If you struck it, it would instantly harden to resist or absorb the blow, dissipating the energy or redirecting it to make the entire place stronger. In effect it would use your own attack against you.

Lionheart shuddered. If he were locked in a cell here he would not be able to get out unless someone unlocked the door...

Two prisoners walked past. The first test.

"Hey! You!" said one of the prisoners. A man in his thirties, prison hair, a few tattoos. Probably ex gang member or leader depending on his superhuman abilities. He also had to remember that every single prisoner in this place had at least one superhuman ability...

The guy with him was running to fat but his eyes were hard. This man was a killer.

They moved up to Lionheart. He could see with his telescopic vision despite the angle of the corridor that one of the cells he was after wasn't far away.

"Graverot says everyone has ta walk in pairs. So where's your partner, huh? You think da boss is someone to ignore, huh?" he says, and steps up to Lionheart, nose to nose in a threatening manner...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 22 2020, 21:44

Admin wrote:"Graverot says everyone has ta walk in pairs. So where's your partner, huh? You think da boss is someone to ignore, huh?" he says, and steps up to Lionheart, nose to nose in a threatening manner...

Lionheart turned slowly, appearing angry and disgruntled, he looked the prisoners up and down and then said with a surly shrug, "Can't a guy take a leak without someone jumping down his throat, my buddy is back there!" He said indicating the cell he was looking for before moving off as if he hadn't a care in the world.

Although he knew the men might well want to make a point of 'proving themselves' to Graverot by taking this infraction to him to show their worth at his expense. Nonetheless, he had to hope that a prison full of attitude meant they were used to guys like him pushing the boundaries.

OOC: Ok let's hope I don't get pulled aside for my unknown infraction as I seek to make nice with a "cellmate" who hasn't the foggiest who I am?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 23 2020, 14:41

Cell 11F wasn't too far away. The confused Prisoners looked at each other, looked back the way Lionheart had come then turned. He was gone.

They ran down to the corridor end. Not there. Looking in all four directions at the intersection they turned to each other then started arguing amongst themselves about who had let the stray go.

"Can I help you?" asked a woman in her thirties with glasses perched on her nose. She was lying on her bed in prison orange reading a book. The place was meticulous and tidy and everything - such as it was - was in its place.

She placed the book down. "If you are here to make trouble I will give you a polite warning. I can defend myself. The last reprobate to come in here thinking he could 'help himself' was sent out on his backside."

She stood. About 5'8" tall, athletic build, nothing threatening as such.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 23 2020, 16:42

Admin wrote:"Can I help you?"

Lionheart smiled, "I was rather hoping you could?" Lionheart gestured to indicate if it was alright to come in.

[b]OOC:
Assuming that is a yes...

Lionheart took a seat, leaning back easily so as to give no impression of hostility whilst at the same time seeking to make sure he was alert. No point in walking in on a trap, not that the whole place wasn't one giant trap.

He continued, "I rather think that the reasons for you being here aren't the same as every other and I am putting a team together with a view to seeing if we can't turn this little situation to our advantage. And when I mean advantage, I don't mean beating every other crew here to get our demands before the authorities. That is a loser's game. No, the smart play is to get this place locked down and to be the ones who make it happen to get our sentences reduced. I am taking you into my confidence because - well it's very risky and the fact you're not out there with everyone else tells me maybe if you were to take a risk it would be for something no one else is offering. Well, I'm offering!"

Lionheart wasn't the one for clever word plays, at smart talk he could do but only to wind up his enemies and use their anger against them. This required a whole new level of subtle and he hoped he could find it within his cloned heart to talk a talk that wouldn't get him blasted out of this ladies cell. He guessed it all depended on what Wandafar meant when he said these folk might be here for all the wrong reasons.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 24 2020, 00:04

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:15 (24) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:21 (29) Danger Sense does not warn in time!

CRIT BLOW Pers transfer 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,11,+0 Total:18 (33) vs
OV9 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:9 (22) Success +5EV (to 20)

EV20 - RV20 - 6 (crit Blow, to 14)=6 RAPs. Not enough!

Lionheart KNEW he'd been mentally attacked!

His Mind Field had saved him, but he also knew something else. It had not been an attack that would have hurt him directly... Strange.

The woman frowned. "You are unusually powerful stranger. My powers generally are enough to easily overwhelm most of the idiots in here, that's why they don't like me. I don't like using them. I just want to be left alone."

She turns to sit on the bed and reaches for her book. She glanced up. "I won't tell anyone about your plan. The people in this place are out for themselves. I'll have no part of a plan that seeks to gain control over others or hurt another, no matter who they are or what they've done. This place, this whole time... it's a lunatic asylum. They use the machines without realising what..."

She sighed, put the book down. "Just go away. I'm a crazy woman. You are better off not trusting anyone in this place. They'll only betray you."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 24 2020, 13:25

Admin wrote:She sighed, put the book down. "Just go away. I'm a crazy woman. You are better off not trusting anyone in this place. They'll only betray you."

Lionheart looked a bit crestfallen but tried one last time his recruitment drive wasn't exactly starting the way he had hoped. But then what had he hoped for locked in a prison with some of the worst that the world could imagine and then given powers to top it off.

"Look, I am with you're not interested in seeking people hurt either, which is why if we don't stop this madness something far, far worse is going to happen. I can't prove it but I think that Alien group Advent is starting fires in America's backyard to cause enough trouble so they are sought as saviours and what they've done in Europe, so far as I hear tell, can be done here. Though I've been out of things so long what I hear tell isn't very much. But they seem to make Hitler look like a pushover. So if you meant what you said about not wanting to hurt people, save the ones in here so we can keep the good ole USA, very much alive and kicking perhaps you could reconsider. If not...well tell me how the book ends."

Having made his play, Lionheart starts to go, looking about and wondering where he was going to get a second person to walk with him so Graverot had no reason to mess with him.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 25 2020, 00:24

"All of this won't matter a jot anyway. Where I come from the machines have taken over the world anyway. I came back in time as an accident. I never had a plan, got in with the wrong crowd then betrayed them to the authorities. The safest place for us sounds like it's in here!" she said.

"I don't expect you to believe me. No one ever does. I AM from the future but ... I have no proof. All of my friends, my family, whoever is left alive anyway, are back there. This cell is the nearest thing to luxury I have EVER had in my life." she sighed. "I thought that by destroying the mainframe I could somehow stop the machines but the computer program was too smart. Rumours are that it's sentient, that it once had a human host but went mad when he died. In a heartbeat it decided that mankind wasn't worth saving so it turned our own weapons on us... designed new ones with the 'Wandafar Initiative' whatever that was. Another sentient program I should think."

"After that? Concentration camps. Rounding up supers. Extermination rays running night and day. We were close to the brink. I pretended to be working for them. I had to... had to turn some people in to maintain my cover. I can still hear the screams... I couldn't sleep, couldn't... I had to do something."

"And I ended up here. Some good I did." she said, wiping tears from her face.

"Go ahead, go. No one believes me anyway." she said as she turned away.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 25 2020, 20:35

Admin wrote:"Go ahead, go. No one believes me anyway." she said as she turned away.

OOC: Sorry be out working all day...anyway back to normal now

Lionheart almost sat down with an involuntary rush. His face drained, deep within the recesses of his mind he thought or did he imagine Saladin's dry mocking laugh echo about. "I..." Lionheart's mouth was dry..."...I believe you. I don't think you're crazy, because I'm from the future, or one future that was, but now isn't because my mission was successful. How do you know that you'rs won't be either? Sounds like you took so pretty big steps just to get this far. And I believe you because I have a friend called Wandafar and another who carries a sentient AI programme within him. He is very much alive, I have to add."

Lionheart got back to his feet, "Look I can't promise anything, I mean I'm locked in this tin can, feeling like a sardine who went swimming in the shark pool, but if we get through this, I promise we'll bring your story to the attention of those who can do something. After all, I've been the first person to corroborate it, haven't I?"

Lionheart looked back hopefully but still poised at the threshold of the door.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 26 2020, 00:10

The woman stared back, incredulous and thinking she was being lied to... then she looked Lionheart in the eye and frowned. "I... you ARE telling the truth aren't you? You are like me?"

She looked flustered, unable to contain herself, then sucked in a deep breath. "Can you get me out of here? Meet this... Wandafar? Maybe I can persuade him, or it or whatever it is not to do certain things. Show it... him... the things I've seen, tell him what happens. And your friend with the programme... maybe I can persuade him not to ... not to unleash an army of sentient robots made of ice that ignore guns and bombs and move through walls, hunting down mankind like we were cockroaches!"

"You... your friends probably know nothing about this! It takes place YEARS from now! He... your friend... he died and the program went crazy. The way time travel works, it may not even come to pass but if there is even the slightest chance it does... we need to keep your friend alive somehow... immortal... forever then it won't come to pass!"

She stood, gathered her meagre belongings into a pillow case she hastily empties and turns to Lionheart. "They called me Possessor. I can... 'Jump' into the bodies of others, control them, BE them. Except not you. I can't ... your defence is too strong. Sorry about that by the way. I thought you were in here for ... for something else."

"If you can get me out of here I'll help you, I promise!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 26 2020, 12:45

Admin wrote:"If you can get me out of here I'll help you, I promise!"

"Not sure what I am in a position to promise but if we get out of this, I will happily make the introductions. But for now, I am seeking allies, people like you who want no part of this, I need to get to the lowest level, and there are others I'm trying to save. So welcome to my life, I hope you don't regret signing up."

With that Lionheart lead the way out of the cell, looking for the next cell Wandafar mentioned and trying generally to keep his head down.

OOC: Brill, nice use of some back story there as well. Right onwards ever onwards.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 26 2020, 14:42

14D was empty. Moving as pair in the corridor had meant things were much easier on level 3 as other prisoners eyed them up but moved on.

Possessor looked about. "So, do we wait or what? I have no idea who lives here as I keep to myself."

Lionheart glanced about. There were no clues here as to who the occupant was. They were probably in the canteen to eat or socialise but he had no idea who to look for. Wandafar might know but in the time it took to communicate with his friend the occupant of the cell might return. Or not. They could use the time to go visit cell 26H for the third of his unlikely hero trio. Or wait.

Possessor slumped on the bed, bouncing it up and down. "You think of this as a prison but to me it's freedom. I used to wear a collar that told the hivemind computer where I was like it did the other metahuman 'hounds'." she rubbed her neck.

The door opened and she started. Lionheart turned. A burly looking fellow with a thick black beard, stood tall and wide and having to duck under the 2m high doorway, thrust his head in. "Where's Melton? That little runt was supposed ta show up earlier. I don't like being made to wait!" he snarled. "And who are you two?"

OOC Danger Sense 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:12 (21) vs
OV4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,4,+0 Total:10 (14)

+4 (to 13) vs RV4=9RAPs

Of the four prisoners (big guy in doorway three in corridor) two are straight up bricks and weaker than Lionheart. This guy has some kind of fire type power but Lionhearts danger sense classes him as a minor threat. The main threat is a woman in the corridor who is looking nonchalant and possess some kind of mystical powers...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 26 2020, 20:56

Admin wrote:Of the four prisoners (big guy in doorway three in corridor) two are straight up bricks and weaker than Lionheart. This guy has some kind of fire type power but Lionhearts danger sense classes him as a minor threat. The main threat is a woman in the corridor who is looking nonchalant and possess some kind of mystical powers...[/i][/color]

Lionheart turned to Possessor and said "Typical thats the last time that runt stiffs me!"

He looked at the others and shrugged as if to say what you going to do. Truth was, Lionheart, didn't want to be hanging around for the cell missing occupant not while these guys making it too hot to handle anyway. So thinking quick he hoped he could throw them off the scent. "You know where he was seen last? We were looking for him which is why we came here, looks like you guys had the same idea, you think he might have slunk onto another level?"

OOC: I think we are going to see if they take the bait but if they don't we'll make some excuse for looking around the block see if we can shake him loose and see if we can slip away without these guys seeking to build their rep by besting us first.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 27 2020, 11:04

The loudmouth who was the leader bristled. "We saw him first. He's ours!"

Possessor glanced at Lionheart but said nothing. In prison some very unsavoury relationships were formed and it sounded very much like the man who lived here was being bullied or worse by these people.

'Melton' was probably lying low if he had any brains, but these four were on a mission and would find him sooner or later.

"We ain't tellin you squat!" he snarls. "An what is that? A limey accent? There's a few o you idiots in here. Must think your somethin special bein in the supermax when mostly you guys is superhuman street cleaners who can't keep up with someone on a pushbike!" he laughs, and his cronies laugh with him.

OOC He must have seen the original Golden Heroes rules for Superspeed Smile

"What's yer name anyway? I ain't seen you around before. Her I know. Miserable *****!"

Possessor looked cool as a cucumber and didn't bat an eyelid at the insult. She didn't goad him either with a smile, simply remained impassive. The dangerous one of the four - the woman - sidled up to her and snaked an arm about her. "I like it when they play mysterious..."

Possessor glanced at Lionheart. "Let me know when you've had enough." she said.

The bully laughed "Well we may have missed out on Melton, but we got us a limey an a woman who needs defrostin!"

Lionheart knew there was going to be trouble.

Just then a voice called out "No! No don't hurt them! I'll come with you." with a resigned air.

A small man in his mid five foots with glasses and thinning hair (OOC probably in his late thirties) walked down the corridor holding a clean set of Prison Orange folded in his hands. The other two bruisers (aside from the loudmouth Bully and the nasty woman) moved over to grab the newcomer by an arm each.

"Melton! You've been a VERY bad boy." snarled Bully. He laughed and turned to Lionheart and Possessor. "You two got a lucky day, but we'll see ya around. Get lost."

The dangerous woman snarled "I want this one!"

"Don't hurt them! Take... take me..." said Melton, downcast...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 27 2020, 12:05

Admin wrote:The dangerous woman snarled "I want this one!"

"Don't hurt them! Take... take me..." said Melton, downcast...

OOC: You know how to push my buttons, don't you?

Lionheart didn't and couldn't let whatever unsavoury habits the four had to take over, he knew if they had any chance of getting out of this then a surprise attack particularly directed at the woman, his main concern at this point was his only way of ending this and ending it fast. He nodded to Possessor, as the others turned away so they couldn't pick up on his cues, which up till no had been totally non-threatening, nonchalant even.

Then he let loose with his Psi power hitting the woman he hoped so that he could take her down before she had a chance to back up her bully boys, whatever they had in mind.

OOC: Going for Devastating attack and pile in the HP to make it stick. After that going to power back and go with martial arts splitting the dice between attack and def to take on the other three mugs. Possessors help would be appreciated as she can.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 29 2020, 09:05

OOC you attack by Surprise (they thought they'd cowed your spirit somewhat) and Lionheart had HP62 (due for a top up in a page or so) now on LIONHEART HP49 after buying two dice.

DEV ATTACK Mind Blast 13 + 2D HP + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,6,6,8,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,12,+0 Total:34 (47) vs
OV8 + 8 Dev Att + surprise -4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,5,+0 Total:6 (18)

+8 (to 21) vs RV16 - 12 (4)=17 RAPs. The female prisoner is DOWN and OUT!

A flash of light, a leaping lion of energy and a silent scream from the prisoner saw her drop instantly! The male prisoners were shocked then angry and were about to leap at Lionheart when...

OOC Possessor does her thing. Last time out she couldn't quite manage against Lionheart.

CRIT BLOW Pers transfer 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,8,+0 Total:11 (26) vs
OV5 + CB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (22)

+3 EV (to 18) vs RV8 - 6 (CB)=16 RAPs. Success!

Possessor VANISHES!

The Bully out front suddenly twitches and turns... then punches one of his 'buddies' in the mouth!

OOC Dex 10 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,10,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:25 (35) vs
OV8 + surprise -4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:10 (14)

+6 EV (to 19) vs RV 14=5 RAPs of damage. Prisoner #1 is on 2/7 Body (7 Skin Armour)

The remaining prisoner isn't quite sure what is going on but seems to think discretion is the better part of valour and turns tail to run down the corridor!

OOC Lionheart wins initiative, no need to roll.

Dex 22 + 3D m Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,10,8,2,7,+0 Total:21 (43) vs
OV8 + 1 D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,7,9,+0 Total:16 (24)

+6 EV (to 19) vs RV14=5 damage. Prisoner #1 is DOWN and OUT!

Possessor/Bully runs down the corridor after the fleeing prisoner.

OOC CRIT BLOW Dex 10 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,5,9,+0 Total:17 (27) vs
OV7 + 2D Acro - Blindside 2 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,4,5,10,+0 Total:15 (24)

EV +2 (to 15) vs RV12 - 6 (Crit Blow)=9RAPs damage. Prisoner #2 is DOWN and OUT!

Moments later she/he dragged the other guy back by his hair and dumped him on the floor with the other two.

The guy who was being bullied sunk to his knees. "I... okay, I get it, you're the new guys and now I'm yours instead of ..." he looked at the Bully/Possessor and seemed confused "or the original agreement. Whatever works for you guys I guess."

"Excuse me a moment." said Possessor/Bully. She/He went into the room and closed the door. THWACK!

Possessor stepped out in her own body. "Ok, now I feel like I need a shower."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 29 2020, 15:19

[quote="Admin"The guy who was being bullied sunk to his knees. "I... okay, I get it, you're the new guys and now I'm yours instead of ..." he looked at the Bully/Possessor and seemed confused "or the original agreement. Whatever works for you guys I guess." [/quote]

Lionheart looked at Possessor and nodded his approval, "I'm glad you didn't try that on me, as much for your sake as for mine. Its complicated..." he said, pointing to his own head, but not wanting to go further.

Turning to Melton, Lionheart took on a more conciliatory tone, "We're not here to get whatever it is they got..." he said with a derisive nod back and the bodies piled up in the cell. "I need your help, we're putting a team together, and I'm a good man to know where gratitude is concerned. So if you are tired of being someone else's stooge or whatever else these unsavoury types tape you for, then can you do worse than join us?"

Lionheart stooped down offering the man a hand, to help him up adding as he did, "What are your powers and why are you in here anyway? Forgive me but you do not look the type!"

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 29 2020, 22:53

The man looked nervous but when a backhand or kick didn't come he stood.

"I... ahhhh. They call me Green Slime. I can ...ahhh... squeeze, flow... shape my body as required. Some people required me to squeeze flow and shape myself into the vault of a bank. I... ahhh... didn't have much choice. They would have... ahhh... hurt my mother." he said, pushing his glasses up on his nose.

"It ahhh... turned out my mother was the one... who ahhh told the people what I could do and uhhh had been promised a cut. The Police caught the ahhh gang and my uhhh mother and they shopped me. So uhhh here I am." he said, a light sheen of sweat on his face. "I don't like to ahhh fight. Bad things happen so I uhhh don't do it."

Possessor slips a hand on Lionhearts arm and rotates him slightly to lean in "What use is he going to be?" she whispers.

"I uhhh can interface with computers too. But uhhh don't tell anyone cause they might put me in jail longer." he said as he placed a hand lightly on a comms panel and the locks along a 100 yard length of corridor clunked locked then unlocked. "I think it ahhh shows up as an error to the uhh computers. I try not to do it. I uhhh don't usually tell... anyone about that. It uhhh would get me into more trouble."

Possessor raised an eyebrow and helped drag the unconscious prisoners into the cell that had been Meltons. Then she pointed at the door. "Do your thing?"

CLUNK.

"Ummm. So are you two boyfriend and girlfriend?" asked Melton.

Possessor rolled her eyes.

=========

There were sounds of fight as they rounded the corridor and saw a group of prisoners cheering and roaring someone on in a cell.

"26H?" asked Possessor. Lionheart nodded. Melton looked scared. "hmm." added Possessor. Must be... ten... no 11 outside the door and whoever inside.

"Are you sure whoever is in there is worth it?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat May 30 2020, 10:40

Admin wrote:There were sounds of fight as they rounded the corridor and saw a group of prisoners cheering and roaring someone on in a cell.

"26H?" asked Possessor. Lionheart nodded. Melton looked scared. "hmm." added Possessor. Must be... ten... no 11 outside the door and whoever inside.

"Are you sure whoever is in there is worth it?"  

Lionheart didn't know how to answer that, Wandafar hadn't picked up on people because they were cute and cuddly as his first two recruits were ample evidence of. He had to wonder what was causing the commotion up front. Indicating to the others, he strode forward, indicating to Melton, "stay close we will protect you."

And with that, they, much like the crowd who had appeared, moved forward curious but seeking to be nonchalant and no committed as one could be.

OOC: OK I am wondering if our 'guy' is getting two tons kicked out of him, or doing the kicking? In any case, we'd best play it cool, we might not be able to recruit everyone Wandafar mentioned, but I'd sure like to try.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next