The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #3 Enter... NEXUS! guest Starring Lionheart!

3 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #3 Enter... NEXUS! guest Starring Lionheart! - Page 8 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #3 Enter... NEXUS! guest Starring Lionheart!

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Sep 06 2020, 23:57

ooc: Okay, I've come up with a way to take a negative and maybe turn it into a positive. Depending on whether we have time to do it after we try to convince some folks to stop fighting and either run or stop the Nuke, from wherever it is coming.

The nasty ole High Speed Movement rules without Dispersal. page 153 of BOH2.

I'll increase Miss Victory's Running to 22 with +14 to Running, then put the remaining +9 into Body for a 15 Body. With the 8 Sealed Systems, that gives her a 23 vs 22 AV/EV.

Go out about 14 AP distance, which gives a radius of 16 miles or 32 miles diameter. Then start running in a circle. Not being a physicist or mathematician, she has no idea if this will work but she is hoping to create such a huge atmospheric disturbance and huge cloud of dirt and rock flying into the air that the missile will smash into it, the rocket exploding without the nuke going off. And if it does go off, being 16 miles away may prevent Nexus from getting hurt and getting his powers back. Pretty much creating a wall of wind and rock and dirt and sand and basically a tornado. Don't know of any rocket that can get through something like that.

Fingers cross that she gets to try.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #3 Enter... NEXUS! guest Starring Lionheart! - Page 8 Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #3 Enter... NEXUS! guest Starring Lionheart!

Post  Admin Sun Sep 06 2020, 23:57

Miss Victory, looking like a prisoner, found it difficult to persuade any Ultrahuman or soldier that she was a friendly, even when dragging prisoners off pinned superheroes and helping them up!

Some were so battered they didn't need telling twice to leave and took to the air, teleported or ran off. The most powerful of the Ultrahumans including Thunder Woman, battled on, dropping some prisoners but being battered by others.

It suddenly occurred to Miss Victory that if she'd have name dropped Agent Fendor to the General he might have taken more notice of her!

Lionheart likewise decided discretion was the better part of valour and sped about, gathering fallen ultrahumans and soldiers and speeding across the desert floor to distant mountains, his speed stymied somewhat because those he carried might be vulnerable to burning up!

Forwards and backwards the pair ran, rescuing soldiers and Ultrahumans, depositing them on a distant mountain and going back for more.

In moments the few remaining were the most powerful of the Ultrahumans albeit without Silver Sentinel, the most powerful. They were encircled by orange suited prisoners. Dozens of them. Dozens were laid out unconscious but even more were pouring from the prison. Thunder Woman, battered, wobbling, cut and bruised, had been attacked physically, mentally and mystically and only sheer will was keeping her on her feet. Atomic Champion and the other powerful senior members were the same. They were out of their comfort zone, beaten up and now awaited ... death?

"Last... chance... "Mumbled Thunder Woman through puffy lips. "Back to your cells or... or we'll use LETHAL force!"

"We can't." said another Ultrahuman with half their mask missing and tears revealing green blood on their skin. "We swore oaths."

One prisoner stepped forward. "Leave, Ultrahumans. Go. When the others get up to the surface you know you won't have that luxury."

"What? We can't let them go!" roared a bald headed prisoner. "We need to smash them! NOW!"

"Yeah?" said the first. "That's Thunder Woman. Look at the battering she's taken. You want to go in there and see if you steel hard skin stands up to THAT sword?"

The bald guy mumbled something and got back into line.

With bowed head Thunder Woman called out "Retreat, Ultrahumans! Grab whoever is down or transport them and let's get out of here." She turned back to the prisoners. "Seriously, if you know what's good for you... don't be here in a few minutes time. The safest place is the second or third level of the prison, or lower. This place is going to be NUKED!"

Some of the prisoners gasped. Some started to fly off, others started running and some pushed towards the prison entrance even though more and more were spilling out.

Battered, humiliated, Thunder Woman stumbled to where Lionheart and Miss Victory stood. "You come with us. I saw what you did, retrieving all those people, ours and the soldiers. We need to get out of here. We can't stop them. They are too many." she said, the words coming out like she was having to eat rocks. A proud woman, noble and just, defeat was something she would never admit to, yet she just had.

Miss Victory saw Mindshark amongst those emerging from the prison. The villain would always remain bad, but had a strange code of honour and had parted on cooperative terms with the heroine. He would probably be killed with the rest of them.

=========

"Sir! This is the Mojave Desert! Our own territory! We CAN'T nuke it!" said the Chief Adviser on metahuman affairs.

"What else can we do?" cried the President of the United States of America. She shook her head, paced around the oval office. "The Ultrahumans failed to contain the situation, something happened to Silver Sentinel and the worst metahuman villains in the world are now free. Should we let them go?"

"No it's just... the nuke might not even affect some of them." said the adviser.

"But the rest of them will be wiped out?" asked the President.

"Yes but..."

Suddenly there were shots ringing out. An alarm rang out and secret service agents - some of them metahumans - rushed in. "Time to go Madame President!" called one. "The White house is UNDER ATTACK!"

=========

He watched from where he floated in the core of the sun.

The battle going against the Ultrahumans, all those criminals, the most powerful and dangerous, spilling out. A near unlimited army of metahumans. They'd been cooped up without chance of parole or seeing loved ones. No wonder they were desperate to be free and angry enough to kill anyone in their way. He saw Lionheart, the new guy, running to save downed soldiers and Ultrahumans, and he was joined by a Blonde in a Prison suit. He longed to fly down there, start herding the prisoners back in... but he couldn't. The hole was only a tiny one, but it meant he needed to heal up or he'd continually blast destructive radiation from his body in all directions. The power was immense, and if the hole had been bigger? He shook his head. He couldn't risk it. That rock, whatever it was, had pierced his invulnerable skin.

Silver Sentinel knew that to leave the sun's core would mean his slow demise but a rapid demise for any around him, and so he was trapped.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 06 2020, 23:58

OOC posts crossed. The rocket hasn't been fired yet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 07 2020, 00:19

Admin wrote:OOC posts crossed. The rocket hasn't been fired yet.

ooc:  But she doesn't know that however a slight change and ...

"Listen, I don't know when or where that missile will come from," Miss Victory tells Thunder Woman and Lionheart, "but if we put up a huge storm of air and sand and rock fifteen to twenty miles out, using those of us who can run fast enough to create that kind of disaster, we could block the rocket, maybe destroy it without exploding the nuke.  No nuke to give Nexus his powers, maybe, we can win or at least hold up their plans long enough ... for something to break our way.  And even if it does explode, it will be too far away to affect anyone out here in front of the prison.  And no one else is near enough here to be badly affected by that Twister of sand, dirt and wind."

"I know you don't know who I am.  This was my first mission, my clothes got burned off when the blast hit inside the prison.  That's why I am wearing this outfit, thanks to Lionheart.  The name's Miss Victory and the only other person I know who could maybe vouch for me is  Agent Fendor.  Maybe you know him?  It's the only idea I have left to stop Nexus from gaining his powers back. And it might even keep a lot of these prisoners from going too far and could help in rounding them up later."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 07 2020, 08:43

DavidMcMahon wrote:
Admin wrote:OOC posts crossed. The rocket hasn't been fired yet.

ooc:  But she doesn't know that however a slight change and ...

"Listen, I don't know when or where that missile will come from," Miss Victory tells Thunder Woman and Lionheart, "but if we put up a huge storm of air and sand and rock fifteen to twenty miles out, using those of us who can run fast enough to create that kind of disaster, we could block the rocket, maybe destroy it without exploding the nuke.  No nuke to give Nexus his powers, maybe, we can win or at least hold up their plans long enough ... for something to break our way.  And even if it does explode, it will be too far away to affect anyone out here in front of the prison.  And no one else is near enough here to be badly affected by that Twister of sand, dirt and wind."

"I know you don't know who I am.  This was my first mission, my clothes got burned off when the blast hit inside the prison.  That's why I am wearing this outfit, thanks to Lionheart.  The name's Miss Victory and the only other person I know who could maybe vouch for me is  Agent Fendor.  Maybe you know him?  It's the only idea I have left to stop Nexus from gaining his powers back.  And it might even keep a lot of these prisoners from going too far and could help in rounding them up later."

Lionheart didn't know if the Nuke could be altered or even stopped and even if he had the power to do it. He could join Miss V in running and or in trying to alter the course of the Nuke. One thing was for certain it would almost inevitable play into Nexus' hands and give him the push he needed to be all-powerful. If only they could prevent the glove, wherever that was coming into contact with him.

"I'm willing to run with Miss V and or speed up and get to the missile, I'm not as fast as some, but perhaps we can make a combined effort. We know the president has to do something and this will not make him seem weak, but what we really need is level headed leadership, not shock and awe tactics."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 13:02

Thunder Woman, blood running from a wound on her scalp, scowled at the hundreds of prisoners in orange now stood around the entrance to the prison. The day was theirs.

With a sigh she called on the comms. "Duplex, it's Thunder Woman. Call the White House, priority Alpha Xray one one one and tell them to call off the nuclear strike, if it's planned."

There was a crackle then "Thunder Woman. Haven't you heard? The White House is under attack! The place is locked down! I've sent out a call for all independents and teams in the area to assist but... all of our forces are tied up at the prison with you. I lost contact with Silver Sentinel ... I think... I think he dove into the heart of the sun!"

Thunder Woman sagged visibly. "That's that then. Only he has the power to stop Nexus. I'd have trouble against most of those on level 7 and 8 never mind that brute." she hissed. She looked about. Her team of Ultrahumans and a few injured soldiers had gathered some distance away. Bodies were everywhere. Most were soldiers, some were supers and others were prisoners.

"How bad is it?" asked Duplex. "I... the life sign monitors show we lost eight and fourteen more are badly injured. The rest show a range of injuries."

Thunder Woman stared at the prisoners and couldn't help but show her hatred. "We lost today. We need to get to Washington. There'll be no launch if the White House is under attack."

She looked at Miss Victory. "If you survived that mess and you check out, I'm formally inviting you, right now, into the Ultrahumans. Lionheart, you get your pass stamped to, the hell with process. We need all the muscle we can get!"

"Duplex! Transport to the Satellite. Lock onto our signals and get us out of here. Task the satellites to track as many prisoners as we can. They still have their chips but most will get rid of them. The Prison is lost, repeat, lost. We regroup, rescue Sentinel and go again." said Thunder Woman.

"Are you with us?" she asks Miss Victory and Lionheart.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 07 2020, 13:14

Admin wrote:"Are you with us?" she asks Miss Victory and Lionheart.

Finally, someone was talking sense. Lionheart nodded, his ok and awaited the next step as he looked to Miss V urging her to join him.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 07 2020, 14:28

"If I get a new uniform out of it, I'm your girl," Miss Victory says with a tired smile, plucking at her ghastly orange and dirty outfit.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 17:59

"Heh, well after this debacle we might not even BE a team but for now, a Uniform I can sort out." said Thunder Woman, using her energy sword to lean on.

"I heal really fast but I've been poisoned by something." she muttered. "One of those scumbags... I need to get back to the Space station."

Keying the comms she said "Duplex... beam me up Scotty."

There was a flash of light and the trio appeared on a pad of sorts in the Space Station. Armed guards in power armour suits watched the pad but lowered weapons when they saw Thunder Woman. "Duplex!" she shouted. "Get our people out of there. NOW!"

"I am Computron." said a robotic figure stepping forwards to Lionheart and Miss Victory. "you need to be scanned and checked in. Whilst your identity can remain a secret for now a DNA sample is required to enable the security protocol bypass you will need whilst you are on the station."

"Compy, I inducted them. They are Ultrahumans. As of now." said Thunder Woman as she saw the pad flash and more ultrahumans came through. medical teams helped them off the pads. Torn costumes, burns, wounds, limping supers and more stumbled from the pad as people helped them past.

"look around you Compy. The team got its ass handed." snarled Thunder Woman. She swayed on her feet but refused help. "I have to get to the med bay. I'll vouch for these two. Swear them in. It's on me if they go rogue."

"Most irregular." said the android as Thunder Woman staggered off.

Atomic Champion appeared on the pad along with a dozen more wounded Ultrahumans. "That's everyone who can walk. Dwarfstar is bringing the walking wounded and the prone." he stopped by Lionheart, looking down at the Briton. "Hey, you made it out. What about the others?"

Lionheart explained about the nuclear level blast through the prison.

"Damn. If I'd been there I could have absorbed it. Some of it. Sentinel tends to operate on a ... higher level. Right now though, he's not here which means we're screwed unless we can rescue him." shaking his head the wounded Ultrahuman walked off.

"Follow me." asked Compy.

=========

Miss Victory turned in the mirror, checking the costume out.

The door to the room chimed and she turned as Computron entered. "Much better than prison Orange madam. I have noted heightened elvation of certain hormones in some of the male... and female Ultrahumans when you are near. Tell me, do you discharge pheromones?"

OOC Up to Miss V how much she reveals of herself - identity, powers, background, origin etc Same with Lionheart.

=========

Lionheart was back in his original costume, the one with Wandafar's circuitry interwoven in it.

The Ultrahumans were gathered in a huge circular room. Many had a mask on and medical smock and were covered in bandages. Others were in fresh uniforms but using crutches to get by on, or wheelchairs. There were around twenty there, from a full roster of over fifty.

Thunder Woman appeared none the worse for wear and addressed the others from where she stood in the middle. "I am co leader of the team. As many of you know I have waived protocol and used my executive power to induct two new members. They are MISS VICTORY and LIONHEART. We have lost many members today, and many more are unable to participate, possibly for a long time. This is the darkest day in our history but we have no time to grieve. Silver Sentinel is gravely wounded and sought solace in the sun which would stop his wound up as long as he hid in its core. The worst, most powerful villains on Earth are loose. We tried our best, we lost. We need a plan. For now the plan is to track down the prisoners one by one and recapture them. The most powerful will require planning and all the power we can muster. Right now however, we have a priority one call out. The White House is under attack. Never in our history have we been beset by so many challenges. My heart cries for those we have lost but we must fight on, for them, for the country and for the world."

"We are the Ultrahumans." she said.

"We are the Ultrahumans!" the gathered heroes roared.

"We are the Ultrahumans." she shouted.

"We are the Ultrahumans!" the gathered heroes roared.

"WE ARE THE ULTRAHUMANS!" roared Thunder Woman.

"WE ARE THE ULTRAHUMANS!" went the resounding reply in the chamber

"Oh good. Thought we'd forgotten for a moment there." mumbled Atomic Champion.

OOC A favour! I'll come up with some Ultrahumans (name and powers) if you guys are feeling inspired can you come up with half a dozen each please? I'll then update the who's who document when I get chance and post that up. It's not been updated since November 2015 so it's due.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 07 2020, 18:12

Admin wrote:
"Follow me." asked Compy.

=========

[b]Miss Victory turned in the mirror, checking the costume out.

The door to the room chimed and she turned as Computron entered. "Much better than prison Orange madam. I have noted heightened elvation of certain hormones in some of the male... and female Ultrahumans when you are near. Tell me, do you discharge pheromones?"

OOC Up to Miss V how much she reveals of herself - identity, powers, background, origin etc Same with Lionheart.

Going with her classic look
The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #3 Enter... NEXUS! guest Starring Lionheart! - Page 8 Miss_v26

"I'm just more ... charismatic when my powers are active," she explains. "It's nothing I can control. Just make sure to tell everyone I am a happily married woman."

"Two things. First, I need a bio-chem lab in order to make more of my Vita Pills, they release the energy in my body, giving me most of my powers. They are only good for an hour and I only have two left."
"Second, I am a trained physician, good but not one of the world's best. I can help out with the injured if you need more hands to help with that."

She looks over to see Computron's reaction to that.

OOC A favour! I'll come up with some Ultrahumans (name and powers) if you guys are feeling inspired can you come up with half a dozen each please? I'll then update the who's who document when I get chance and post that up. It's not been updated since November 2015 so it's due.

Well, we have tons of individual shots of characters in the OOC section. Didn't totally waste my time uploading them if you need some visual shots of heroes. We can put powers and skills to those.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 18:30

Computron took note. "You must be skilled indeed to be able to fashion a tablet that unlocks powers of the level that you have exhibited. Our station automatically scans those who come aboard and has classified you as being tier 6 on the power scale, with Lionheart tier 7. Your might will be much needed in the coming days."

"Given the rigours of the ordeals you faced in the prison you are entitled to rest but I would ask ... request... that you volunteer for the White House mission." asked the android.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 07 2020, 19:34

"Once I make the pills, I might as well," she said with a smile.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 07 2020, 20:31

Admin wrote:Computron took note. "You must be skilled indeed to be able to fashion a tablet that unlocks powers of the level that you have exhibited. Our station automatically scans those who come aboard and has classified you as being tier 6 on the power scale, with Lionheart tier 7. Your might will be much needed in the coming days."

"Given the rigours of the ordeals you faced in the prison you are entitled to rest but I would ask ... request... that you volunteer for the White House mission." asked the android.

OOC: Oh boy been busy today, so names for the Ultra Humans (feel free to weed any out you like from those you don't) Imperious Rex- Roman emperor statue that is now magically alive, Mob Rule - duplicates himself but becomes smaller with each copy, Toolbox - mechanical type engineer hero R2D2 of heroes, Quicksand - like Sandman, Helix - Flyer, nuclear energy type of guy, Zypher - wind speedster incorporeal telekinesis, Blocstop prototype police robot now repurposed, Rebicon - A bit like Mr Fantastic only with water, Daedalus - Can travel back and forth in time 5 seconds, to redo mistakes, computer brain, Waterlilly - fairy-like creature uses magic and charms, Tigerlilly - sibling to waterlilly agressive warrior type. Macronaught - small and big, Capita - a bit like the absorbing man, can also move through things they absorb like stone, water, etc without being impinged - dispersal...I can come up with some more but need a bit more time.

Lionheart had no secrets and no real secret identity so didn't mind being open aboard the station as things went on. A rest a quick bite to eat, and time to check in briefly with Wandafar to explain the total mess they'd gotten into and nearly not gotten out of. Then Lionheart was ready.

He spoke to the now fully dressed Miss Victory, "Very retro" he said referring to her costume before adding, "I'm glad you decided to stick around. I'm volunteering for the White House job, we've got to get a grip on this whichever way we can. I bet those Advent guys are just waiting for their moment - but more so I wonder what Nexus is doing. Any minute now he might just come calling. This all seems so awfully convenient the way it all came down like a house of cards."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 20:36

Computron replied "The lab will be put to your disposal. If you supply the details of the formulae you use and the ingredients with precise measurements, I will arrange for a supply of the drugs to be on hand at all times."

A man clad in black and looking mean as hell walked past, rolling his neck and taping up his knuckles.

"Greetings Nightwolf" said Computron. "Are you well? I heard you were injured and..."

"Shut it tin can and get outta my way." snarled the angry hero. "I got people ta scrag at the White House."

Computron turned to Miss V. "The mission to liberate the White House will commence in T minus... 9 minutes."

=========

Thunder Woman an a towel over hair and turned to Lionheart.

"I called you here because I want to thank you. For going into that prison and trying your best to solve the situation. We're in a position where if we win, people are safe and the bad guys go to jail. if we lose... bad things happen to a lot of people. We gotta dust ourselves down and get back in the fight. Myself and Atomic Champion plus a few others are heading out... out there. To the sun. we need to rescue Silver Sentinel. I need someone on point that I can trust, that hasn't been traumatised by what happened at the Prison. I need that person to take charge and lead the team to rescue the White House. I know you are British and that you are new to the team yourself but this isn't your first rodeo and you've impressed more than just me. Your versatility, all round power and speed plus what I suspect is some kind of military training makes you a good call for this. You'll be taking a few of the reserves and second stringers. All the others will be rounding up bad guys in Orange as best we can. We have Duplex, Computron and Omega 9 working on plotting and tracking and I think we can get most of the bad guys within days."

She sighed, wrapping the towel around her head and fished about for a brush. Lionheart stood awkwardly in the reception of her apartment as he rushed about. "We're spread out too thin. We've been so used to kicking other peoples ass that it's hard to cope when we're all hurting after losing so many to death and injury. I have to be cold about this. We don't have nine to five jobs. We put our lives on the line and sometimes things go bad. We never quit though, and that means those bad guys will get what's coming to them."

"We have another problem. Nexus. If he gets his gauntlet, and we can't help Sentinel? There's no one that can stand up against him. All of us that remain would be smashed. The Worlds heroes, together, MIGHT have a chance but... there's only one sure fire way. Silver Sentinel. That's why we're heading out into space. We need to find that Gauntlet that you tracked down and then we... we lost." she was trying to hold it together, anger showing through.

Turning, Thunder Woman straightened, looking somewhat less imperious than usual in her dressing gown. "Go save the President."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 20:37

OOC post crossed but it should work. Thanks for the names, I'll get to statting them up! May be a little delay as I do that as it takes a short while to cook characters up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Sep 07 2020, 20:53

Admin wrote:Turning, Thunder Woman straightened, looking somewhat less imperious than usual in her dressing gown. "Go save the President."

Lionheart looked on impassively not trying to show any embarrassment about the woman, who was a team leader and clearly also a woman. Thankfully being grown in a vat he was still new to certain things, which was just as well, as he thought even Frostbite might struggle with this. Keeping his mind focused on her words also helped, when she finished he sought to reassure, "It would be my honour to do my utmost to serve and seek to save the President and the symbol that is the White House. Thank you for trusting me, Godspeed with your mission." Lionheart was about to leave when he turned and said, "You know it seems to me that we've almost come to rely too much on Silver Sentinel, have you given any thought to looking into developing responsive rather than reactive ways of containing threats like this. For one thinking about the strategy that gave these prisoners life without any chance of seeing family or privileges. Since execution was of the books - for some I imagine it was impossible anyway but without any reason for redemption or means to help it seems that this was always an unstable explosive situation waiting to go off. We can do better, and the world needs us to, don't you think?"

OOC: Assume response.

Lionheart then went to assemble the troops and get a sitrep on the assault of the White House, for a start who where they dealing with.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 07 2020, 22:01

[quote="Admin"]Computron replied "The lab will be put to your disposal. If you supply the details of the formulae you use and the ingredients with precise measurements, I will arrange for a supply of the drugs to be on hand at all times."

A man clad in black and looking mean as hell walked past, rolling his neck and taping up his knuckles.

"Greetings Nightwolf" said Computron. "Are you well? I heard you were injured and..."

"Shut it tin can and get outta my way." snarled the angry hero. "I got people ta scrag at the White House."

Computron turned to Miss V. "The mission to liberate the White House will commence in T minus... 9 minutes."

=========

"Guess I won't have time to make a new batch then," Miss Victory said. "I'm assuming for you total memory so if I give you the formula verbally you will remember it? I really really really do not want to give out the formula to anyone as the Russians have already tried to duplicate it with bad results. It is based on MY DNA, so don't go giving it to anyone else!"

She starts rattling off the formula after making sure no one else can hear them.

ooc: Gonna stick some pics of possible UltraHumans in the OOC Chat area under Ultrahumans. sunny

Possible names and powers as well.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 23:40

OOC Update tomorrow, thanks for the characters guys, plenty to go off. Saw some I liked and some I really liked. plan to use them all, given enough time to rattle out the characters. I'll start to cook up an Ultrahumans database at some point.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 08 2020, 11:38

Thunder Woman considers Lionhearts words. "Hmmm. You have a point. Remember these people chose to use their powers for personal gain or to dominate others, for the most part. I agree that some in there should never have been in."

"Punishing someone for using a power they knew nothing about is something we need to bring up with the President and the joint chiefs assuming you can get her out of the mess she's in. We need a win Lionheart. If you can save the President we may be able to save some face for the mess in the desert. If not..." she let the statement trail off. "Meeting room 11 is where your team is gathering. Duplex pulled them up so don't blame me if you struggle but they aren't weaklings."

A call went out over the comms and Thunder Woman looked up. "All A Class operatives to the hanger bay, repeat all A Class..."

"I should explain. You are 'B Class'. Normally you'd be 'C' - on probation and pending a period of sustained good conduct and successful missions you would be elevated to B class. The majority of our members are B class. We lost some C's today but the B's were mostly just injured. 'More experienced heroes or very powerful but lacking experience' I think the mission statement says. Something like that,"

She moves into a side room and near instantly reappears in her costume, pulling on her boots and checking herself in the mirror. "No rest for the wicked in our line of work. Do me, us.. .the country and the world proud Lionheart." she said and led the way out into the corridor.

A holographic image of Computron appeared and started giving details of the current location of escaped prisoners. "Track the big dogs if you can. The lesser guys will be picked up in the desert soon enough and we need to keep a watch out for when we can get in there and rescue hostages. We're juggling too many grenades at the moment and one has gone off in our face already. We can't drop the ball on this Compy."

=========

"I have taken note of the exact parameters of the formula and shall set one of my holographic solid light duplicates to the task immediately Miss Victory. Question. I have extrapolated the fact that you have a slight accent, are adept at chemistry and have a striking physical appearance and narrowed your civilian identity to a shortlist. Do you prefer a secret or public identity? I shall not reveal my findings to anyone." stated the ultra smart (OOC 20+ Int) Android.

"I have no interest in your civilian affairs but it is often useful to take note of personal details so that loved ones and family members can be informed or protected should the need arise. Something to consider." said Computron.

'He' led the way down the corridor to a meeting room where duplicates of Computron were guiding other heroes in. The room was like an amphitheatre that seated around thirty, though this meeting sat eight.

Duplex was stood in there, clipboard/tablet in hand and called out the roll...

LIONHEART - team leader. Powers Flight, superspeed, mental abilities, super strength and durability.
MISS VICTORY - new member. Granted B class status by Executive order. Superhuman Strength, Agility and Durability.
KOSMIC FIRE - Powers flight, energy discharge and absorption.
MAN OF BRONZE - Trained to the Nth degree and utilises power gauntlets granting Earth Control and Superhuman Strength/Durability
TIGER LILLY - Martial Artist extreme, vast superhuman Agility
WATER LILLY - Magical abilities
CAPTAIN STAR - Telekinetic powers and gadget creation

Man of Bronze (MOB from now on) frowned. "I don't mean to be critical, but who the heck are you guys?" he asked of Lionheart and Miss Victory. "As senior hero here wouldn't it be best if the newbies followed my lead?"

Captain Star shrugged "We are here to do a job. Until he screws up I'm happy to follow the Brit guy."

Kosmic Fire smiled "I think he's kinda cute! Love the accent too..." she purred.

Tiger Lilly ignored the chat and continued creating origami animals with astonishing skill and creativity. His sister Water Lilly had created an illusory 'zen garden' around where she sat with birds, waterfalls and plants.

Duplex turned to Lionheart "Hanger four. The transport is ready to go but some of this lot would probably prefer to fly under their own power. You have your comm badges and I'll be in constant contact. The brief is this: we received a priority one distress call from the White House twenty minutes ago. We have lost all contact and local superheros have been alerted but know we are soon on the scene. We need a win as Thunder Woman might have stated. No idea on size of forces or abilities of the attackers. Seeing as the President has a number of metahuman bodyguards it would be fair to assume it's not street level goons with guns. Good luck. Questions?"

OOC I've statted up the Ultrahumans listed in the Character Datafile section. Thanks for your input. If you can think of any more I'll keep working through them and adding my own.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 08 2020, 14:44

Admin wrote:

OOC I've statted up the Ultrahumans listed in the Character Datafile section. Thanks for your input. If you can think of any more I'll keep working through them and adding my own.

OOC: Difficult morning, Car got stuck in a ditch, and had to be towed out...still back now and just gonna wright quick

Lionheart looked about and spoke up addressed Man of Bronze then the others. "Right listen up. You know being part of this team means you go with the flow, the chain of command and the way things are set out. This isn't normal, even by our standards. I appreciate you might feel overlooked, but right now we can't let our service or any feelings of protocol dictate what we do, as we have a priority one mission and your President to save. If you are up for saving them and stopping whoever decided to use this moment to for their gain, then let's go - we can sort out the rest of the nitty-gritty after. Understood?"

With that Lionheart lead the team to the hanger, wanting to use the time in the craft to get familiar with their powers and then deploy them as they saw what the sitrep was.

OOC: OK Since we've got little intel, I guess once we're are near we can deploy people but first we need to know what we're facing and go from there. Dave if you've anything to add please don't feel I've strong-armed this away from you and insert as necessary.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 08 2020, 15:54

"I have taken note of the exact parameters of the formula and shall set one of my holographic solid light duplicates to the task immediately Miss Victory. Question. I have extrapolated the fact that you have a slight accent, are adept at chemistry and have a striking physical appearance and narrowed your civilian identity to a shortlist. Do you prefer a secret or public identity? I shall not reveal my findings to anyone." stated the ultra smart (OOC 20+ Int) Android.

"I have no interest in your civilian affairs but it is often useful to take note of personal details so that loved ones and family members can be informed or protected should the need arise. Something to consider." said Computron.

"I have a secret ID and wish it to remain as such.  I'm married but we keep it a secret from most folks and he knows about my being Miss Victory," She replies.

on to the meeting

Duplex turned to Lionheart "Hanger four. The transport is ready to go but some of this lot would probably prefer to fly under their own power. You have your comm badges and I'll be in constant contact. The brief is this: we received a priority one distress call from the White House twenty minutes ago. We have lost all contact and local superheros have been alerted but know we are soon on the scene. We need a win as Thunder Woman might have stated. No idea on size of forces or abilities of the attackers. Seeing as the President has a number of metahuman bodyguards it would be fair to assume it's not street level goons with guns. Good luck. Questions?"

"Who here is the pilot," Miss Victory asks, "I have no skills with that and cannot fly on my own.  Oh, and I am Miss Victory, pleased to meet you."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 09 2020, 00:42

Man of Bronze stared at Lionheart then shrugged. "Who am I to question our fearless co leader?" he said. He fell into line with the rest of them and all made their way to the Hanger.

Each gave a summary of their abilities:

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #3 Enter... NEXUS! guest Starring Lionheart! - Page 8 Ultrahuman-abilities

In answer to Miss Victory's question Man of Bronze spoke up. "I'm probably the best pilot here by a long way."

OOC Wrong! Lionheart comfortably exceeds Man of Bronze who is a leading world expert with all vehicles. Then there is Lionheart, who is better in every way by a fair amount.

Lionheart glanced at the controls and sussed them out immediately.

"You'd better strap in the back." suggested Man of Bronze. "It's pretty technical in here and may be confusing for someone not versed in this kind of vehicle. Besides, I designed it." he said.

Kosmic Fire held a hand up "Oh uh guys, I'm much faster flying down there on my own. I'll go scout if you like?"

OOC Again, Lionheart can up his Flight to 29APs, the speed of Light. In Atmosphere he would have to limit his speed but he can comfortably keep up with Kosmic Fire unless they are in space in which case she's twice as fast.

Imperious Rex spoke up. "I believe my incredible qualities of charisma and leadership make me the best candidate for leading this team. I am also the strongest by a large margin."

The Ultrahumans looked out of the window or just plain ignored the robot.

OOC Again, he's wrong. Lionheart rustles up 28APs strength if need be. Miss V isn't far behind on 23.

Tiger Lilly looked up, bored form turning out another origami animal, one of dozens he'd made in the last four seconds. "What is it you two can do? We haven't seen you before, save for the bit outside the prison. For the record I and My sister were not defeated by the prisoners. I don't think anyone here was to be honest. I wanted to carry on fighting but I was overruled. I hope we can make amends by saving the president."

OOC your call. Miss V has to ride down in the flier/craft. Lionheart and Kosmic Fire can get to the white house in a minute or less.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 09 2020, 00:55

Tiger Lilly looked up, bored form turning out another origami animal, one of dozens he'd made in the last four seconds. "What is it you two can do? We haven't seen you before, save for the bit outside the prison. For the record I and My sister were not defeated by the prisoners. I don't think anyone here was to be honest. I wanted to carry on fighting but I was overruled. I hope we can make amends by saving the president."

"Fair Enough," Miss Victory replies, "I can manipulate the energy in my body so as to raise my physical abilities to greater than normal levels.  I have a limitation of how much energy I have so I have to shift them to whatever I need at the time.  If I raise my Strength to my current maximum level I can lift about 122000 tons. I was able to shift the energies to my Body enough that I barely survived that nuclear blast that wiped out so many.  Even without using my energy, I can run, swim and leap a 1/4 in 4 seconds.  My skin is also hardened enough that I am somewhat bulletproof.  I also have medical training so if someone could point out the first aid supplies aboard this ship I can be of use there, if needed."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Sep 09 2020, 12:07

Admin wrote:OOC your call. Miss V has to ride down in the flier/craft. Lionheart and Kosmic Fire can get to the white house in a minute or less.

Lionheart realised they still didn't have a sitrep on the situation and time was of the essence. Though he hated the idea of splitting the party, time wasn't on their side.

"Time is against us, so we can't afford to sit around, Kosmic Fire and I will meet you at the sight and give you an update as best we can. We might find coms are shut down, which may be why we've heard so little since the attack began. So come in hot and be prepared for anything. We are new to you, and you to us, but I expect everyone is used to that and can adapt. So let's make this work in our favour. We need a win today, so let's do that."

Gesturing to Kosmic Fire, he followed suit and stepped out through the airlock as the craft speed on. Lionheart had no troubling keeping up with the other hero and was glad to be out again in space. It was still so soon after his extended stay in space, but it felt good to be above things, at least until he was right in the thick of it again.

OOC: OK and here we go...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 09 2020, 17:05

Accelerating to a speed not advisable in atmosphere the pair soared around the Earth weaving through the debris and satellite orbits that floated in near space then headed down to America, more specifically Washington DC.

"Nice to meet you by the way." said Kosmic Fire. "It's so nice to meet up with another flier. We have lots of them of course but I always seem to be paired up with ground pounders!" she laughed.

They thundered down through the clouds, air friction building up around Lionhearts force field so he resembled a flare whilst Kosmic Fire was dispersed and could fly as fast as she liked. She explained that on a night she liked to explore the solar system and it took her roughly 4 minutes to get to the sun, so she was fast, but even her powers couldn't nullify the suns heat!

Getting closer to the White House they saw hordes of cops and special forces gathered outside the place. Smoke rose from a number of armoured vehicles and someone pointed at the two incoming fliers. Suddenly weapons were pointed in their direction! He spotted what looked to be a field command tent set up.

=========

"Unless there are objections I'm in charge." said Man of Bronze. "I'll bring us around and low to avoid being seen by any enemies. Lionheart is the new kid on the block, he doesn't have my experience."

Tiger Lilly ignored him, making an eagle form paper. Water Lilly had conjured a scene of dancing fairies under a waterfall. Captain Star had formed a telekinetic suit around himself. (OOC 10 Str 10 Skin Armour) and Imperious Rex was talking to himself, orating some speech of Julius Caesar, whom he resembled.

It was going to be a long few minutes for Miss Victory. She checked her watch. Three tablets left but the promise of more oso hopefully Computron wouldn't mess it up.

OOC The Ultrahuman jet is pretty fast but maxes out at around 14APs, and that given straight and level flight. It's coming in at around 12APs then will speed up slightly before levelling and staying at around the speed of sound before slowing on the descent to Washington to make a Vertical landing. Lionheart and Kosmic fire have no such limits and can whizz down to city level before slowing, so they are on the scene first.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next