The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Empty The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

Post  Admin Wed Mar 04 2020, 12:01

The scans were confirmed.

With a sigh Veronica Chase sagged back in her chair. The screens covering the wall all said the same thing. The cure would only work on certain people. With a sigh she started tapping in the parameters for a new mixture.

All around her in her HQ were machines that lifted micro amounts of certain chemicals and compounds and mixed them before running tests in every way known to man and quite a few that were a mystery. Chase was a brilliant bio-chemist but sometimes she asked for, and attempted, the impossible.

Ha! She'd achieved the impossible. She was living proof that if you shoot for the stars sometimes, once in a million, you struck gold.

Already superhuman and able to run, jump, swim and operate at a far higher level than an ordinary human, by taking the final piece in the jigsaw - her Vita pill - she could lift, run, swim, withstand... well it was difficult to define her limits!

One day she would...

The Klaxon rang out and she flicked a few switches to change the display on the screen.

There were a number of 'emergencies' reported or called out on the various emergency channels she monitored. None warranted superhuman interference so far that the police couldn't handle, but this...?

There was some kind of breakout at a Supermax secret prison facility! Could this be the day she'd waited for, trained for... for Miss Victory to finally reveal herself to the world???

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Miss-v-cover

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 04 2020, 21:16

ooc: Yep, the gal I based my hero off of for the costume but the modern Ms. Victory for most of her powers minus flight. Basketball

https://www.writeups.org/miss-victory-femforce-ac-comics/ Twisted Evil

And YAY! I got a secret base to operate out of! None of my other heroes have that! geek

"Time to shine," Veronica said out loud to no one there. "Just need to call Clark and let him know I will probably be too busy to make dinner tonight."

Having her smart phone try to connect to her husband's private number while she first slipped out of her lab coat and then out of the rest of her clothes barring her unmentionables, she found she had been pushed off to her husband's voicemail. Being mindful that even though it was her husband's private cell with all sorts of super-encryption, just like the ones she and his closest aides had, she still had to be a bit more circumspect than she liked.

"Hello Dr. Wylde," she said, dropping back into a breathy sexy Russian accent and innuendo, "I am so sorry we were not able to ... connect ... as we did what seemed only a few nights ago. I have called to tell you the plans we had for tonight will have to go ... on hold. You do not mind ... holding ... for me, do you? I promise to make it worth your while if you do. A Maximum promise, doctor."

A throaty little laugh there.

"Perhaps this will allow you to Break Out of what you are doing ... tomorrow or the next day? If you are not, once again, in some villain's Jail, that is."

Sexy Sigh

"I wonder, should I send you a photo of me now, allowing you to see what I am not wearing?"

Naughty giggle.

"Maybe next time, Doc."

*Click*

"Oh! I am such a naughty naughty girl," she squealed as she opened the closet that held her costume. "I am so sure he will ... be hard on me for calling him like that! Over and over again!"

A bit giddy, she quickly changes into her Miss Victory outfit, secreted a couple of pill boxes on her person holding extra Vita-Pills.

"Well, he is smart enough that the clues I left him "Maximum" "Break Out" and "Jail" should let him know what I've gone to do and how long I think I might be gone, if he is too busy to watch the TV that is. Now to take my Vita-Pill, pull up the GPS for the prison, sneak out the hidden exit and Miss Vickie Valiant aka Miss V is on her way!"

With a small glass of water, Veronica swallows the Vita-Pill, making a small disgusted face after she did so. "Okay Kumquat is NOT a good flavor for the Vita-Pill. Maybe Blackberry next batch?"

With the Vita power now coursing through her veins, Miss Victory leaves through the hidden exit of her secret base, the hidden rooms in her home, and heads for the Supermax Prison.

actions: With 23 points to play with and a 25 level max [or is it 20?], she puts 17 points into Running and the remaining 6 into jumping. That should give her a 25 Running [and I have no idea how fast that is but I know cars are listed with a 7 Running speed] and a 14 Jumping [And again I have no idea how far or high that allows her to go] and cuts across country instead of following the roads, using her smart phone's GPS map function to help her get where she needs to go as fast as possible, running and then jumping over or across any obstacles.

ooc: For some of her free starting gear, besides her shock, impact and water resistant smart phone - invented and programmed by her husband, world-famous Adventurer Doctor Clark Wylde, she also has hidden in the inside of the back of her belt, a compact mirror and make-up kit. In two secret pockets hidden in the edge of her cape is a traveling fold-up toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste and a hairbrush that has a small lever that allows the bristles to be retracted into the base of the brush, allowing it to lie flat in the secret pocket.
Girl gots to look her best at all times, don't ya know? And ratty wind hair? Puh-Leeze! That hairbrush is probably more vital than her costume is to her! lol!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Empty Re: The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag!

Post  Admin Thu Mar 05 2020, 18:10

OOC Limitation is to boost abilities up to 23APs, the same as power (reserve) so if you increase PR to 24, max is 24 etc.

For reference 23APs is around 15k miles...

Miss Victory ran a check of details of the supermax prison through the base computers...

And... nothing came up. Top secret!

Without a clear defined GPS location the prison could be... well... anywhere!

With a grimace she considered trying to hack into the local law enforcement computers. For a supermax prison it would require FBI level access... Maybe she should stick to rescuing cats from trees! No!

Somehow she felt that THIS situation was one she was meant to attend! There must be some way to find out the location of the supermax. Aside from law enforcement facilities official sanctioned Supergroups might know - heck, they'd probably fill th eplace with dropped off bad guys! Super Groups didn't come any more 'super' than the ULTRAHUMANS!

She tapped in the Ultrahumans website. Most of it was videos and PR stuff, no real tactical information. There was a 'contact us' button but she expected that would have various levels of filter on to discourage fan boys and idiots. Probably a call centre. There were also legal notices saying that action would be taking against time wasters by teh local police authorities and to contact them in the first instance of any emergency.

Having taken the pill she was aware that every minute counted. The thought of being on hold for quarter of an hour listening to greensleeves did not appeal! With her speed she could get ANYWHERE in the United States almost instantly!

And yet all that speed was useless if she didn't know where exactly to go!

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Mar 05 2020, 22:42

ooc:  Ok, I'm a bit confused.  How can she receive an emergency notice that there is a breakout at a supermax prison and not have the report at least mention where the prison is?  At least getting the state and part of the state it is in.  I mean, the other people who received that notice would need to know that too.

But let's see what I can do with this.  

"Well, I didn't get through to Clark the first time," she mused, "let's see if texting him would work.  I bet he knows where this prison is."

She texted her query to him on her smart phone and sent it and then punched in the contact number of the Ultrahumans.  Once connected, she repeated out-loud the automated choices, deciding which to push, mainly because she was in a hurry and it helped her calm down and secondarily, there might be a program involved in the call screening that was actually listening to the person's voice and listening for key words to up her priority:

"Push One for English and avoid hearing all my choices in probably three dozen languages, some of them not Earth languages."
"Yes, I understand that if this is an emergency to hang up and dial 911 for help.  Otherwise, to please stay on the line.  Of course, this is an emergency but 911 won't be able to help here."
"No, I do not want to push One since I am not a member of the Ultrahumans."
"No, I do not want to push Two to receive a signed autograph or photo of one or more members of the Ultrahumans."
"No, I do not want to push Three as I am not a charity trying to get a member of the Ultrahumans to make an appearance at a function of mine or visit sick kids at a hospital though I would be honored to do the last if kids knew who I was."
"No, I do not want to push Four as I am not some government official who wants one or more the the Ultrahumans to appear at a government building or press function to receive accolades of a grateful public.  And to help some sleazy politician gain votes in a re-election campaign," she mutters the last sentence just a bit lower.
"No, I do not want to push Five as I am not an insurance company who needs to contact someone to resolve some sort of insurance issue."
"Hmmm ... maybe I will push Six, "A Hero Interested in Joining the Ultrahumans" but let's see what my other choices are first if it will help save the lives of those currently in danger.  Probably have to go through another five minutes of automatic choices if I pick this."
"No, I do not want to push Seven, as I am not a lawyer who needs to speak to someone about one or more legal issues."
"No, I do not want to push Eight as I am not a member of a super-group that the Ultrahumans recognizes that needs to contact them.  That choice probably leads to me having to punch in a super-secret code to get to the next level of contacting the Ultrahumans and if I get it wrong, the phone will either disconnect or bring me right back here where I have to go through this tedious selection ... AGAIN, while people's lives are at stake."
"No, I do not want to push Nine as I am not a reporter looking to get a quote or interview with one or more members of the Ultrahumans."
"No, I am not going to push Zero as I am not an inventor who needs to the Ultrahumans to come guard my world breaking invention or to give it to them for their fight to keep Democracy and the World safe."
"No, I do not want to push the Pound key to hear my choices again."
"Hmmm,  maybe I want to push the Star key for all other requests not listed above and an operator will be with me in the order of calls received.  Bet there is a bit where you say what you want and it helps prioritize you in the call cue."

"So let's go with the Star key and see if that works."

"Yes!  I was right!  Give a short message what this call is about."

"Superhero calling about breakout at a Supermax secret prison facility."

[listening to the computer repeat back what she said and is that right.]

"Yes."

[now being told to wait while the call is cued and put on Hold]

"Helloooo, just in case this call is still being monitored while I am on Hold, my superhero name is Miss Vickie Valiant or you may have heard of me as Miss Victory or as Miss V or as Miss Valiant or Vickie Valiant or Valiant Lady or Valiant Vick or Vicky, the Victory Girl!; I still haven't decided which name I really want to go by.  Just helped out on minor crimes and rescue operations so far so I do not have a huge media presence at the moment.  And good luck trying to trace this call as, you know, secret Identity stuff here and the call is being bounced all over the world through the Internet and off dozens and dozens of satellites, thanks to a really brilliant and sexy and handsome man who set up my communications for me."

"I am calling about the breakout at a Supermax secret prison facility I received a notice for, since said handsome wonderful man hooked me into such super secret communication alerts.  I would like to help out there and I can be anywhere inside North America in under a minute.  South America would take a few seconds longer.  Asia, Europe and Africa would probably take a couple of minutes to get there depending on if I hit a strong enough wind stream that would throw me off course and I would hit the ocean instead of the continent and have to swim the rest of the way."

"OH!  And for your Hold music selection, may I suggest some Barry Manilow.  I am a big fan of his "I Write the Songs" and "Can't Smile Without You" and "Weekend in New England".  And of course, that last song has nothing to do with the really wonderful, handsome man I mentioned earlier and the weekend we may or may not have had somewhere in New England."

she giggles at that.

"Oh, I guess while I am on Hold I will check and see if he texted me back the location of the super-secret Supermax prison so I won't have to continue to hold."

She starts humming Weekend in New England while checking her text messages and waiting to see if she gets off Hold anytime soon.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 06 2020, 09:25

OOC These sort of things will be in a code of sorts - code <number> at so and so Supermax. Those who need to know about this sort of thing will a) know what the supermax is and where it is and b) what they are up against! That's the thing with eaves dropping - you rarely get the full picture and only a snippet of what's going on.

Liked the call holding sequence, reminds me of endless hours of joy ( Shocked ) spent waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

The phone answered with a brief message threatening all sorts of legal shenanigans if the call was of the prank variety.. then went back to Greensleeves...

A minute later it answered "You're reached the helpline for the ULTRAHUMANS. If you have an emergency we suggest you dial 911. If you have a genuine problem that requires superhuman assistance please state the nature of your emergency. Cats can be rescued from trees by calling the fire service." said a bored sounding voice of someone reading from a card.

Then it paused. The line clicked.

"Caller, you have knowledge of classified locations. It is a federal offence to hack or obtain information you are not cleared for. You say you are ... how many names?"

Another pause and another voice "Miss Valiant... Records show you are a superhuman, classification unknown. My name is Robert Fendor, government liaison for the Ultrahumans. You have intrigued me. Well done, this was a slow day until that code 115BX4 came up. I'd be interested to hear about how you found out about it. If you're as fast as you say you are, meet me immediately on the roof of the Kelvin Institute in Dallas. I'll be there in in a few seconds."

The phone clicked off. A quick search revealed the location of the Kelvin Institute, a scientific research facility. They had branches all over America and worked with the government on various projects including (rumoured) a super soldier program.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 06 2020, 11:27

"Progress has been made," Vickie Victory said to herself. "Let's get moving!"

Putting her energy 15 points into Running for 23 points, and 8 into Jumping for 16 points, she moves out to meet the nice man.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 06 2020, 11:44

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Fed-agent

Agent Fendor dragged on a cigarette as he looked out over the city of Dallas from the rooftop of the Kelvin Institute building.

He turned as a brightly clad woman appeared on the rooftop in a cloud of dust and rush of air!

"Fascinating." he said as he stamped out the cigarette. "The Kelvin institute studies superhuman abilities to further the advancement of mankind. And of course, further Uncle Sams ambitions. 99.9% of the calls we take are crank, and of those most are superhumans with minor abilities. One could breathe underwater for twenty five minutes. That's it. We want to find out what, how, where, when and why as well as who. Some are threats. Some are assets. Many people want to use their new abilities for their own betterment."

"Tell me..." he said, narrowing his eyes. "Who are you, what do you want and what's in it for you?"

Miss Victory noticed the man had a hand on his belt where a small device was hooked on with a red button. His thumb was on it, prepared to press!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 06 2020, 11:56

"I'm just a woman who wants to help out this wonderful country of ours," Miss V says with a charming smile [yeah, she is using her Attractiveness and Charisma here]. "I want to keep it safe. I want to protect the wonderful people of this nation. There is so much evil in this world, so much darkness. I want to keep this Bastion of Freedom shining bright. A Beacon of Hope for those in the Darkness. I lived in that darkness once, never again. I guess you can say I am a patriot."

"I do not really want anything beyond that," she finishes up with a blush. "Does that make me old-fashion? Is Patriotism so wrong?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 06 2020, 12:28

Fendor gave a wry smile. "That's an old fashioned notion ma'am. There are some that say that kind of hope and patriotism has no place in this world"

He tipped his head to one side. "What do you think?"

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Ghost-girl

Stepping through a wall a translucent woman moves to stand near Fendor. "I sense no Evil in her." she stated.

Fendor turned. "Central. What are we seeing?"

"Scans show metahuman powers. Something else. Haven't locked it down yet but computer projections suggest enormous potential." said a squawking voice over a speakerphone in Fendors pocket.

"Really. Two and a quarter billion dollars, a seven storey building as its home and the worlds smartest computer artificial intelligence 'suggests' potential. I could have done that for a fraction of the cost." muttered Fendor.

"Ah yes sir. The computer is still making sense of the readings."

Fendor turned to Miss Victory. "Don't worry I respect your privacy but we've been duped before. A nation seeking hope and desperate to cling to anyone who shines as a figurehead tends to be easily persuaded and we've had 'false gods' before. The Ultrahumans are their own thing. Uncle Same works with them but they refused to be controlled. So we don't try. What we DO try is to find new heroes we can work with... in case the Ultrahumans ever decide that humanity needs guiding under their leadership. The computer threw that out and let's just say when nuclear options are ruled out as ineffective we have been desperate to find a plan B. Your readings suggest you have..." he rolled his eyes. "Potential. Let's see it."

He pulled a pen and notepad from his pocket and wrote down GPS coordinates. "The Ultrahumans are responding to an emergency at a supermax prison in the Mohave Desert, miles from anywhere. We like speedsters. You want to prove yourself? Get out there and help where you can. Here." he said handing over a lapel pin badge. "Tap twice it will use the internet to communicate with me. No need to wait on a call centre line."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 06 2020, 20:33

"You are a very nice man, Agent Fendor," Miss Victory says with a smile. "And I could I have the name of the lady next to you?"

ooc: I assume it is given or told it is top secret or something.

"As to "potential", let's just say I can increase or decrease all my physical abilities as I wish. So variable. OH! Miss Variable! Totally goes with the "V" insignia on my blouse. No, probably wouldn't work out too well. Guess I will stick with one of the other names. Still haven't decided which one I like best. Maybe you could do a survey of your agency and let me know which ones came out on top? That might help me decide."

"And this is such a nice pin! You know I've never been pinned before. I hear that's gone out of style though but the thought it nice," she chatters on as she enters to coordinates into her smart phone, gets on Google Earth to figure out what the terrain is like at those coordinates and prepares to head out. She pins the badge out of sight under her collar.

"Mojave Desert, eh? I wonder if I should bring some sunscreen. Actually, I wonder if I need sunscreen."

"Time is flying, so tootles!"

She leaps to the West.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 09 2020, 18:26

"This is Ghost Girl. She's an operative for us on our government sponsored team. " offered Fendor. The heroine gave a nod.

He raised an eyebrow at Miss V's words, unsure if he was being mocked or she was some kind of... bimbo.

The pair of govt agents watched as Miss V sprung into the air and landed several miles later before adjusting her direction from the display on her phone and leaping again...

And with that...

She was there!

There wasn't much to see on the outside. She was stood in the middle of the desert under the blazing sun and the 'jail' was... an old farmhouse at the end of a dusty road and various outbuildings! Had she come to the wrong place?

She checked her phone. No signal, no GPS signal... Looking up into the sky she wondered what could block the satellites in near orbit from sending their signals down... unless... she WAS in the right place...

A jeep sped out from the 'farm' and she could just make out black clad men armed heavily with one riding 'shotgun' on the tail/bed with a very high calibre machine gun mounted on it!

Pointing at her!

With a roar and whirl of dust it spun to a skid and a megaphone enhanced voice shouted "THIS IS A RESTRICTED AREA! LAY DOWN ON THE FLOOR AND MAKE NO SUDDEN MOVE!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 09 2020, 20:50

ooc: Shifting 7 pts each to STR, DEX and 9 pts in Body.

"Hi!  I'm Miss Victory!  Agent Fendor sent me.  You should be getting a message from him pretty soon about me coming."  She waves at the armed men.  "Also, just so you know there is no floor here, just ground.  You should have said "Lay Down on The Ground", not the floor. And this ground is nothing more than sand and dirt and little rocks.  Do you know how hard it is to get sand out of a woman's clothes, especially down her shorts?  There is no way I am lying down on THAT!  So I'll just wait here while you get Agent Fendor to confirm who I am, thank you very much! I'm here to help the Ultrahumans, by the way, stop this prison breakout."

With that, she pulls out her compact make up kit, checks her make up in its mirror, runs the brush through her hair and once satisfied, puts her kit away and smile brightly at the armed men pointing weapons at her.

ooc: yeah, she is kind of playing off as being something of a perky upbeat ditz but trying not to move into Dumb Blonde mode. I'm trying the remember the name of the actress who broke out in the 90s and early 2000s playing those kinds of roles. She was one of Charlie's Angels when they made a couple of movies on that show back then. Cameron Diaz, that's her name. She played lots of comedy roles like that. Ditzy but still brainy. Cool
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 10 2020, 18:10

The guards aren't quite sure what to make of the newcomer until one of them presses a finger to their ear and looks up.

"They've had a call from Agent Fender. He vouches for her." says one. Miss Victory is busy making sure she looks her best.

One of the soldiers jumps down and walks over. "Ma'am, it's real bad down there. Less than half an hour ago the place was attacked and there are a number of unidentified superhumans down there trying to release the inmates! We were locked out when the place went into lockdown... but the intruders were able to bypass our security quickly and easily and outgunned us straight away! our weapons are the latest in metahuman suppression but they seemed to shut down! We resorted to handguns and even hand to hand combat but they swept some of us aside. We're all that's left of thirty surface level guards..."

That sank in somewhat as the men looked downcast and defeated. Though they were trained elite professionals they'd been swept aside like amateurs, the villains had gained access then locked the place down behind them to prevent anyone else getting in! Who knew what was going on down there!

"This place is a maximum security place for the incarceration of super villains. We have some supers down there as guards but we counted over a dozen bad guys. They were fast, knew what they were doing and were impossible to identify - they are dressed all in black and wearing ski masks. Definitely supers though. The Sergeant emptied an Uzi into one at point blank range and the ricochets killed the sarge!" said the spokesman. "The Ultrahumans have been alerted and are on their way..."

Miss Victory could wait for them or head for the buildings to find the no doubt impregnable entrance to this place. Could even her incredible strength or powers break into one of the worlds most impregnable prisons???

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Mar 10 2020, 18:33

ooc: Drop Body down to 7 pts so all 3 Phys stats are +7. Put the remaining two pts in Running. Though I am not sure of movement rules. It looks like if you have no movement powers, you can run at 4 APs but if you have movement powers, you can run at the APs of that power. So if I put the 2 APs into running does that mean I have a running of 6, 4 or 2? I would prefer the 6 but rules are a bit foggy to me on this.

"Give me directions to the locked down entrance," Miss V said with a bright smile. "I will see if I can get in on my own. Just let the Ultrahumans know I am down there when they arrive so they do not mistake me for one of the villains."

"Just to make sure, even though they are very powerful and organized villains, none of them had the strength or the hacking skills to get past the main vault door? Do you have a way to override the door? I would hate to smash it open and then have the villains come pouring out of the hole in your defenses I made while trying to get to them."

ooc: Holy Crap! I just looked over the PDF file of the game I have here at work and a 21 Strength is strong enough to lift an entire aircraft carrier!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
So a 23 Strength is enough to lift , lets see double 21's weight, double it again and ... 200,000 TONS!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
So at my current 15 Strength, Vicky can lift 450 tons, the weight of a freighter. The Haunt can lift a C5a-Galaxy aircraft. Wow! i REALLY REALLY didn't realize just how strong he was. Doubling really takes some getting used to.

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!! The Hulk is a weakling, he can only lift 100,000 tons normally, so a 22 Strength.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 11 2020, 16:56

OOC In theory she could give Superman a decent arm wrestle and yes, Hulk is weaker! you start with Running 8 so +2 points puts that to Running 10, about the speed of sound. With +7 she has:

Dex 17 Str 13 Body 13

yup the game doubles with every AP. A normal person has 2 across the board. 10 APs more is roughly 1000x more (APs +1 = x2 weight/distance/time, +2 = x4, +3 = x8, +4 = x16, +5 = x32, +6 = x64, +7 = x128, +8 = x256, +9 = x512, +10 = x1024) and so on.

"The defences have been deactivated somehow. SOMEONE has gone to a huge amount of effort to get their supervillains in there. Now the place is locked down and who knows what's going on? I hope the Ultrahumans get here soon... and that they send Silver Sentinel or Thunder Woman or one of the other big hitters."

"Those punks won't know what hit em!"

Another spoke up. "The automatic guns won't target us - we are identified by systems that scan our DNA. You won't be recognised and we can't get in touch with the staff inside. If they get those guns up and running... all around here are submerged weapons that will pop up and start firing! I hope you really are 'super' if those bad guys get those guns working..."

Yet another spoke "The Vault door is set into the floor and is made of energised Promethium! Not like true Promethium, sure, but when it has a current running through it like it does 24/7 it creates a force field that 'fills' the gaps between molecules and..."

"Hey! That's classified!" shouted one of the men rushing over to silence the speaker.

"This woman is here to help! We'll be lucky to get out of here with our lives if those maniacs get loose! She needs to know what's she's up against! Keep an eye out - if those vault doors in the floor start to slide open... RUN! Don't shoot, RUN! For your lives!"

Miss Victory was about to ask more questions when all of a sudden a VERY strong smell of ozone, like a sudden coming storm had arrived instantly, came over the area!

"Oh no..." spluttered one of the guards.

"What? What is it?" asked another. They scanned the sky, looking about.

"Not what... WHO! LOOK! HIM!!!" a guard shouted.

From thin air floating in the sky around 80 feet above the ground a glowing figure appeared!

"BEHOLD MORTALS! I AM LIGHTNING OVERLORD! YOU WILL DISCARD YOUR WEAPONS, BOW DOWN AND BEG FOR YOUR LIVES!" he shouted in a commanding voice!

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Lightning-Overlord

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 11 2020, 18:01

ooc: Since I just realized that I can jump a 1/4 of a mile without augmenting, putting my power reserve points as follows: +5 Dex, +9 Str & Body, which should give me a 15 in all 3. And I am thinking Skin Armor ain't gonna work against someone who seems to have Electrical Attacks. Oh! And Martial Arts gives a +2 initiative, that alone makes it worth most characters getting a point or two in it. study

"Listen you wannabe noble, this is America and in America we don't cotton to folks trying to order us around because they feel they have a natural birthright to do so. So take your orders and shove 'em," Miss Victory says loudly as she prepares to attack him. "Now, stand still and let me give you a knuckle sandwich!"

ooc: I forget what your new rules are for acrobatics and martial arts for combat so not sure how to use those.

actions: If she gets initiative, jump up and try to punch his lights out. If she doesn't try to avoid being hit and then jump up and try to punch him.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 11 2020, 19:12

OOC Looks like it will be tomorrow for Wynde, run out of time Shocked

RULES FOR USING SKILLS FOR ATTACK AND DEFENCE

Any extra dice from SKILLS you use for ATTACK reduce the number of extra dice from skills you can use for DEFENCE. And vice versa (depending on whether you win initiative and attack first or lose initiative and defend first).

So, Miss Victory has 7 Martial Artist which gives a bonus of +4 Dice to use when ATTACKING
She has Acrobatics 3 which give a bonus of +2 dice when DEFENDING

If she wins initiative and uses +1 die for Attack, she can still use +1 die for defence. if she uses +2 or more dice for attack, she cannot use any for defence.

If she loses initiative she can use +2 dice for defence and +2 dice for attack.

Clear? probably as mud. As usual I will sort the mechanics. Basically it boils down to whether you want to go all out attack (and get no dice added to defence) or be more cautious and add just one die or no dice at all to attack and +1 or +2 dice to defence.

Initiative 3 (Miss V) + 33 (36)
9 (Light Overlord) + 29 (38)

LIGHTNING OVERLORD ACTS FIRST!

He's going to turn everyone below him (including Miss V) into ASH! Do you want to use both of those Acrobatics dice for defence?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 11 2020, 20:49

ooc: Wow! I rolled a 1 for initiative? Sucks to be me! scratch

Well, she is a bit confident not having yet been blasted into nothingness so I will all my martial arts dice into attack and all my acrobatics dice into defense.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 12 2020, 16:37

OOC You rolled three for initiative. With +5 Dex onto her standard 28 initiative (including that +2 from Martial Artist) that makes 33 +3 rolled for 36.

You can put 2 dice into Acrobatics for defence and 2 dice from Martial Artist into attack. You can't put all four dice from martial artist into attack because you used two dice from defence already.

There has to be an easier way of describing that. I'll think on it.

Lightning Lord is laughing as he FILLS the sky between him and the ground with electricity arcing in every direction! It seems almost impossible to miss!

OOC but 15 Dex is not to be sniffed at!

He's attacking 5 in total and the highest OV/Rv (obviously) is Miss V. She has 15 OV/13RV

Lightning Overlord has 25 (!) Lightning! If he hits Miss V it will hurt, but those guards have NO chance of survival! Let's see what happens...

Lightning 25 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:9 (34) vs
Highest Dex 15 + Multi Attack 6 + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,4,2,5,+0 Total: 13 (34)

HIT!

EV 25 +0 vs RV 13 + 6 (19) = 6 damage! Miss Victory takes 6 damage (down to 7/13 Body - be mindful that if she changes back to normal she will carry that damage with her!)

The sky LITERALLY lights up and Miss Victory tastes her first damage as a superhuman as millions of volts course through her! And yet... she feels like the villain aimed all his power at her as she was so difficult to hit and as a result...

The guards around her were DOWN and though in a bad way, were not dead! They would need immediate medical attention though and may die if they remained on the desert floor!

"HAHAHAHAHAH! Too Easy!" laughs Lightning Overlord. "A stupid woman in a fancy costume is... still alive?"

OOC And kicking!

Miss Victory leaps up at the Lightning Overlord and swings a fist at him!!!

Dex 15 + two Dice Martial Artist Roll(4d12)+0: 10,10,11,6,+0 Total: 20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,9,+0 Total:33 (48) vs
Dex 11 + Fluid Form 11 + Acrobatics four dice Roll(6d12)+0: 10,4,11,11,12,7,+0 Total: 22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0
Total:59 (81 total, I think this is the highest we've rolled in this game...)
Miss Victory MISSES!

The man moves like lightning, literally! Miss Victory is possessed of astounding reflexes and yet she can't help but note that the mans energy form seems to flow aside from her fist at the last moment!

She soars through the air having made contact with nothing and thumps to the ground a couple of hundred yards away! The Lightning Overlord isn't laughing now, and seems to be taking the threat from the woman who shrugged off his blast rather more seriously!

"BOW DOWN BEFORE ME! I AM THE MOST POWERFUL BEING ON THIS WORLD, WOMAN!" shouts Lightning Overlord. He seems awfully sure of himself.

OOC Perception check int 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:12 (20)
OV 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,12,+0 Total:14 (20)

Will 8 vs RV 6 = 2 RAPs.

Miss Victory is smarting from the electric shock which is by far the most powerful blast she's ever encountered (OOC Superman would feel that). Still, she can't help but notice the villain glance over his shoulder. At what?

Mountains, desert plains, a dusty road. Blue sky. Nothing else. There's nothing to... Distant Clouds?

OOC initiative

Roll(2d12)+0:
5 Miss V (38) ,5 Lightning Overlord (34)

Miss Victory acts first!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Mar 12 2020, 18:17

Keep power pool as is and try again. Since I go first, put as many of those spare dice into hitting him and if any are left over{?} defense.

And I think that is the highest you ever rolled for one of my characters EVER to hit. And still missed! Of course, him rolling double 11s to my double 10s. affraid affraid affraid Sleep Sleep Sleep lol! lol! lol!

"Did you just mess up my hairdo," Vickie Valiant snarls at the villain. "You are SO going to pay for that!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 13 2020, 19:15

OOC Miss V still at Dex 15 Str 13 Body 13 (7 remaining having taken 6 damage)

using max dice for Martial Artists (4 dice) means she cannot use any for defence (as she only has 2 dice).

Dex 15 + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,5,8,7,1,2,+0 Total: 14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:22 (37) vs
Dex 11 + Fluid Form 11 + Acrobatics four dice Roll(6d12)+0: 3,6,9,3,1,2,+0 Total: 6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total: 21 (43)

Miss Victory MISSES!

Once more the fluid form of the electrical man simply moves around Miss Victorys' punch/leap and she lands into a crouch on the desert floor!

This man was faster than her, more arrogant and DEFINITELY more in need or taking down a peg or two!

He levels his arms and blasts at her!

OOC Lightning 25 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,1,+0 Total:9 (34) vs
Dex 15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,11,+0 Total:20 (35)

MISSED!

Diving aside at the very last moment Miss Victory had to come to the realisation that she was outmatched! The villain was more powerful than she was, more mobile and his defence - trying to hit a living bolt of lightning seemed impossible - was near unbreakable!

And now, just to make things worse, it was starting to rain! Drops splattered on the ground and she wondered if her hair would frizz up beyond all hope!

"WHAT?" bellowed the man in the sky. "NO! OF ALL THE..." he spluttered, looking to the heavens...

OOC Initiative

Roll(2d12)+0:
12 Miss V (45)
7 Lightning Overlord (36)

Miss V acts first. I would recommend maybe switching something to Dex and going for a critical blow, but one blast and I suspect Miss V will go down! The rain is slow right now but is getting steadily heavier as the cloud creeps across the sky.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 13 2020, 22:45

ooc: Unless the character sheet in the character section is wrong, I had 15 Dex, 15 Str and 15 Body minus the 6 damage taken since I had gone +5, +9, +9. But since I didn't hit, no biggie.

This time go full out Dex, so +13 to give me a 23 Dex, +5 to Str to give me an 11 Str, and +5 to Body to give me an 11 Body minus the 6 damage taken. All my Martial Arts and Acrobatics dice, if I can, into attack. Or is acrobatics only for defense? However many dice I can get from those two skills to attack first and any remaining for defense.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 18 2020, 08:08

OOC Correct, Miss Victory has taken FOUR damage not six.

With Skill dice however many dice you use first subtracts from the number of dice you can use later in the round. Basically if Miss V attacks first and uses 2 or more Martial Artist dice to attack, she has no left for defence. If she Defends first (loses initiative) she can use 2 dice for defence and 2 dice for attack. i would recommend a critical blow. Harder to hit but she may not hurt his energy form if she does land a blow otherwise. Plus chances of a double with four extra Martial Arts dice is high.

Dex 23 + Martial Arts extra four dice Roll(6d12)+0: 1,7,2,12,2,12,+0 Total: 24 BOOM double plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,7,+0 Total:43 (66) vs
Lightning Overlord OV 22 - 6 (vulnerable in rain) (16) + crit blow 4 + acrobatics extra dice Roll(6d12)+0: 5,1,12,3,9,4,+0 Total: 21 (41)

+7 EV (to 18) vs RV 22 - 6 vulnerability - 6 crit blow = 8 damage

6 Damage absorbed by Kinetic Absorption (which FAILS) and all 8 damage is taken by Lightning Overlord!

He is on 3/11 Body

His electrical being power attacks Miss V as she lands a blow!

EB 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total: 25 (38) vs
Dex 23 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:16 (39) MISSED

Miss V's incredible Dexterity allows her to pull away (JUST!) from the lightning which arcs out to strike her!

Leaping into the air and delivering a terrific punch to the jaw of the villain in the sky which sends him reeling through air, Miss Victory lands inn a crouch and looks up.

The villain shakes his head, looks up at the sky and shouts "NO! I AM THE LIGHTNING OVERLORD! THIS IS... INTOLERABLE!"

He levels his arms and tries to blast Miss Victory!

OOC Lightning 25 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total:15 (40) vs
Miss V Dex 23 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,5,+0 Total:15 (38)

HIT +2 EV (to 27) vs RV 11 = 16 damage!

Miss Victory goes DOWN!

=========

OOC Can't upload images at the moment. Every photo/image sharing site I tried is offline... EDIT:

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Mind-maiden

"Hello?"

Miss Victory groaned. Rain drenched her face and she was lying on the floor. A horrible smell was in her nose and she turned away. Smelling salts? What...? LIGHTNING OVERLORD!

She started to sit up and groaned.

"Take it easy! You were hit with... millions of volts as far as we can tell!" said a female voice and Miss V focused. The speaker was kindly and dressed in a peach bodysuit. She was crouched next to the fledgling heroine in the midst of what looked like a huge blackened/charred crater!

"I don't know how you survived that, but clearly you must be some kind of super! Uh, here. I brought a hump suit to hide your uh..." offered the woman offering a plain grey jumpsuit. "Your clothes didn't survive too well and the others stayed back to give you some privacy. Clearly a battle happened here, and not long ago! What happened?"

Miss V looked about. The rain was pouring down and Lightning Overlord was gone. She'd not gotten into the vault but the rain seemed to have helped drive the villain off. She remembered landing a SOLID punch on him and must have shaken his confidence. That and the arrival of these... supers? That must have chased him off.

"We're the Ultrahumans... well, we're trainees trying out for them. I'm MIND MAIDEN. The others are:

Blue Eagle
Cougar
Mind Maiden
Proton

and the guy watching over us, the only 'true' Ultrahuman, Atomic Champion"

"There are injured security personnel the others are helping in the jet. Let's get you out of the rain. We're here to help with the prison breakout but... there's no one out here. We can't get in touch with anyone inside though so we need to tread carefully. Who are you?" asked Mind Maiden.

Miss Victory sat up. Her clothes were in tatters and the vita pill had run out!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 18 2020, 09:38

"Note to self, get a more durable costume made," Vickie Valiant mumbles and groans to herself as she tries to first cover herself with the tatters of her costume and then gives it up as a bad job and pulls on the grey jumpsuit.

"I-I'm Miss V, Miss Victory," she says after pulling on the suit. "Agent Fendor sent me out here to help stop the breakout after I offered my services to him. WAIT!!! That's sounds totally wrong! I didn't offer that ... you know ... kind of thing to him! I just heard of the breakout and got in contact with him and he gave me directions to here."

She blushes furiously, still a bit dazed and embarrassed to be found in the state she was in.

"What about the remaining guards," she says, finally starting to clear her head. "Lightning Overlord blasted us all early in the fight. Are they seriously hurt? I managed to get one good punch on that puffed-up ball of a self-important nightlight but he blasted me to whatnot. Surprised I'm awake so fast. Did you do something for that?"

ooc: Ah, the joys of not having regeneration as a power. Sleep Oh well, back to bed for an hour and then get up to go to work.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 18 2020, 16:41

Mind Maiden suppressed a smile "You sound new to this!"

"Don't worry too much about your secret identity. Your face is blacked out with soot and I'd be more concerned about being on show for wandering eyes, especially Cougars..." explained Mind Maiden. "You may be in very poor shape and need rest. best leave the breakout to us. I... 'nudged' you awake so to speak. Mentally." she said, tapping a finger to her head.

Helping Miss Victory to very shaky legs when she was dressed (OOC MISS V IS ON BODY 1) she moved over to the jet/transporter where the rest of her small team worked with the injured guards.

"Thankfully whoever you fought was spooked or dissuaded by that 'one good punch' you got in because he didn't stick around to finish you or the guards off. As it is the guards need urgent medical attention so the pilot is making them comfortable enough to transport. They are in bad shape." explained Mind Maiden.

A 'man' walked over though Miss V saw he was actually floating slightly off the floor.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Atomic-champion-ultrahumans

"I'm ATOMIC CHAMPION, Ultrahuman in charge here. I don't know you but you don't look well enough to join us when we go into that prison. I suggest you jump on board that jet and leave this to the professionals." he said.

Miss V saw Mind Maiden bite off a sharp retort and turn away before she could blurt it out. She gave a gentle squeeze on Miss V's shoulder to show her support.

"Yeah, probably best you leave this to the Pros" said a man who was clad in clothes that made him look like a wild animal. "You gave it your best shot. If that guy comes back I'll sort him out, no worries. You can thank me later." he grins.

The New Vanguard! Miss Victory issue #1 Fighting for the Flag! Various-ultrahumans

Again Mind Maidens eyes flare and she walks away.

Another man spoke up "Thats enough Cougar!" declared a man dressed in blue. "More talk like that and I'll..."

"You'll what bird man?" snarled Cougar. Atomic Champion looked over but held his tongue.

Proton
stepped up "He'll expect you to act like a professional and show due courtesy to a fellow hero who probably saved the guards lives." said the robotic sounding hero. "And if you were to threaten another member then it would be viewed as inappropriate."

Blue Eagle
glared daggers at Proton somewhat put out that someone felt the need to 'stick up' for him and Miss Victory got the very distinct impression that this was not a team at all, rather a group of opposed individuals...

"As mentioned, ma'am" added Atomic Champion "We'll handle this now." he said, stepping aside and gesturing for Miss Victory to get on the VTOL jet...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next