The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN!

2 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN!

Post  Admin Wed Jul 01 2020, 23:42

"Doctor Power... for what it is worth." snarled the fellow as he started waving his hands about. "You wield power, I want it!"

OOC Initiative Roll(2d12)+0:
12 Prof Wynde (37) ,11 Doc Power (34) Prof Wynde goes first.

Doc Power is surrounded by a shimmering field.

PROF WYNDE 20HP

=========

"Fred?" asked Faerie. The pair stood on the roof overlooking the street. "Prof Wynde says we're to go over to the roof and if he needs us teleport into the... what are you looking at?"

Wonder Man leaned on the edge of the roof. "That car? See it? Four men just got out." he said as he referred to a car which pulled up outside the museum. "Does it seem strange that the museum is empty and people are turning up to visit it, or is it just me?" he said referring to the four men in trenchcoats and hats.

Faerie stood next to him, looking down. "They are heading around the back I think. We need to go warn the Professor."

"You do that. I'm going to follow them and see what they are doing." said Wonder Man. "Be careful Faerie." he added.

She grinned and shrank, flitting about in front of his face and blowing him a kiss! "Right back at you!" she laughed and flew back towards the Museum.

OOC Prof Wynde acts first...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN! - Page 4 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN!

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 02 2020, 01:00

Glowing field probably means magic field, so no magic blast to start with.

Prof. Wynde, attacks with an air blast, basically a wind punch from across the room.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 02 2020, 09:50

Prof Wynde blasted a tornado at the newcomer, aiming to knock him down a peg or three!

OOC MYSTIC LINKED Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,9,+0 Total:12 (22) vs
OV7 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,12,9,+0 Total:21 (28) Attack Missed!

Doctor Power laughed out loud. "What? Is that it? Who are you, Neophyte? You, a mere stripling with such power? I shall make short work of you!"

OOC He blasts with Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,8,+0 Total:15 (26) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:12 (22) +3 (to 14) vs RV20. No damage!

Catching Prof Wynde square in the chest with a blast Doctor Power laughs out loud. "You fool! Now do you see the power of..." He stopped as Prof Wynde held up a hand and blocked the shot easily!

"You... display hidden depths." he grudgingly admitted. "Ones I can still exploit, for Doctor Power has other means at his disposal!"

OOC Roll(2d12)+0:
10 Prof Wynde (35) ,12 DP (35). Same dex. Both attacks are resolved simultaneously!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 02 2020, 11:52

Didn't work last time he tried but will try it again, use Air Control to create a vacuum just around Doctor Power.

"Air!  Be Frightened Away!"

Putting martial arts into attack if possible, dodge if not.

"Hope Faerie and Wonderman get here soon," Prof. Wynde thinks, "this is the first time I've ever gone up against a fellow mage and I am a bit worried about how it will turn out."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 03 2020, 09:58

OOC A few things. In a wide open space (like this place) a vacuum won't be very effective. The bad guy can just move to where they need to in order to breathe again. Also it's Killing Combat (which is kind of fine seeing as we're at war, but Prof Wynde is still a hero and doesn't seem the killing type but that's your call) and it's really not that effective. Anyone trapped in the vacuum loses 1 Body/round which is fine but takes a while. Your call.

I would suspect a more effective attack would be a critical blow by standard means (air control) and hope for a reasonable roll. You can't add dice to powers (yet!) without spending HP. I need to sort something out with that. I also need to look at the dice skill rules and it will probably go like this:

When attacking add all your M Arts dice to your single attack that round. When attacked by multiple opponents you divide the dice up as you see fit when defending against multiple foes. Get rid of the max dice you can use split thing which seems to be a problem for people to get their heads round.

If you want to attack with the vacuum I will sort it out but (at the moment, for this adventure) you will lose a standard HP award for entering killing combat. In a war zone (with actual shooting and people dying) you would not lose HP. Hope that makes sense.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 03 2020, 12:01

ooc: I was hoping it was more "I'm knocking you out but could kill you this way if I keep using it after you are down" kind of attack. Kind of silly to my mind that it is a killing attack but an electrical attack isn't. But thems the rules. And the other thing it might be an advantage to use is if he had to speak his spells, being in a vacuum would prevent that. But he isn't speaking spells.

The thing that hit me last night as I was falling asleep is my wind attacks are mystical not natural so if he has a magic field up instead of a forcefield, my attack won't hurt him unless it gets through it since it is directed at Spirit not Body. I would have to attack him indirectly to hurt him, much like Silver Age Green Lantern having to attack a foe in a yellow suit indirectly.

So that being said, Magic Blast turns out to be my strongest attack so let's change it up and hit him with that instead.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 03 2020, 12:34

OOC Air attack vacuum thing... correct. Asphyxiation isn't very heroic though but zapping with lightning or draining life force with Vampirism is fine. Go figure.

You are on the money with Air Control. It has a physical attack but a mystical effect meaning anyone vulnerable to magic suffers and anyone resistant to magic laughs it off. This guy is the latter. Pretty much like his attack on Prof Wynde, which will need a crazy high roll from DP to hurt PW. That said a roll of 3 or less will change things dramatically.

Prof Wynde blasts at his opponent.

OOC Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (31) vs
OV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:10 (19) +5 (to 16) vs RV19=No damage

Once more Prof Wyndes attack pummels the shield around the bad guy and the fellow laughs, though without much conviction.

"It seems we are... matched." he admits, the words sounding like he has to practically force them out.

He levels an arm and blasts... at the ceiling above Prof Wynde!

OOC Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:8 (17) vs
OV6 (body of ceiling) + trick shot 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:16 (26) attack missed.

Doctor Power aimed and blasted a random part of a wall instead of the ceiling he targeted and hoped to bring down on top of Prof Wynde!

Meanwhile a flash of blue light appeared next to Prof Wynde and Faerie (shrunk) turned to her leader. "Prof! There are men outside going round the back! Fred is... oh... who is that?"

OOC

initiative...Roll(3d12)+0: 4,5,7

Prof Wynde 25 + 4 (29)
Faerie 22 + 5 (27)
Doctor Power 23 + 7 (30)

Doctor Power laughs out loud. "How delightful! A doll! one that speaks and flies! And doubtless with more magic power in her which can be extracted for my own use!" he cackled, fist raised.

"What's he talking about?" asked Faerie.

Doctor Power snarls "If you are too strong for my magic beam, perhaps I should target her!"

OOC Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (18) vs
OV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,12,+0 Total:14 (23) Attack Missed.

"What's this guy doing?" asked Faerie as she moves aside from the misplaced blast. Doctor Power doesn't look pleased.

A CRASH sound from the back of the museum somewhere suggests there will be company soon!

OOC PW is up then Faerie. To break the deadlock you may need to go for a crit blow or dev attack. Much harder to hit and needing a good roll but you and DP are pretty evenly matched in power. And he only cost 450 HP Razz

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 03 2020, 12:52

Much harder to hit and needing a good roll but you and DP are pretty evenly matched in power. And he only cost 450 HP Razz

Yeah, yeah! Just rub it in why don't cha? flower

"He has a magic field around him that's prevents most magical attacks to get through," Prof. Wynd tells Faerie, "Calls himself Doctor Power. Apparently he steals magic from people."

"Let's see how you like this," he yells at Doctor Power, "then I will deal with your minions!"

"Blow winds blow! Knock down my foe!"

ooc: I was trying to avoid doing damage to the place, valuable artifacts and all, ya know? But ... is there anything nearby that's heavy that's not valuable? How about the stanchions that the guide ropes attach to? Those are pretty heavy back then. If there are some, then summon winds to pick them up and blow them at Doctor Power for a physical attack. If that doesn't work, then HEH! he has a martial arts rating of TWO! Run up and punch the guy, he won't be expecting that!

MAN! I have got to get back to bed, I think I'm a bit punchy.

Wait!

That was a pun and I didn't mean it to be.

OK, back to bed. See ya in about six hours.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 03 2020, 14:45

OOC Most effective attack is Air Control with a Crit Blow and roll big! Blowing something over is all well and good but will not be accurate.

However if you can summon up a wind strong enough to effect them and sustain it you might be able to pin him to the wall...

Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (23) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:6 (13) +4 (to 14) vs RV17 (Magic attack) No effect.

"Ahhh a light breeze! I shall enjoy the process that sees the magic extracted from your body. Normally it is quick and painless but an exception can be made for you I am sure!" laughed Doctor Power.

Faerie frowned. "You are a MEAN man!" she shouts, voice slightly squeaky. She flits about and swoops closer to blast the Doctor!

OOC Neutralize 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,4,+0 Total:26 (35) vs
Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (25) +4 (to 13) vs Rv11=2 RAPs.

Doctor Powers magic Blast is 9 APs until recovered!

"Hmm that's weird." said Faerie.

"What have you done, witch?!" screeched Doctor Power. He glanced at his hand and snarled, then glanced at the roof.

OOC Initiative Roll(3d12)+0:

Prof Wynde 25 + 12 (37)
Faerie 22 + 10 (32)
Doctor Power 23 + 9 (32)

PW, DP then Faerie.

DOCTOR POWER IS ON 9 MAGIC BLAST

==========

Wonder Man had seen enough and jumps down from the roof to attack the guard at the back doorway...

OOC He wins initiative but not surprise though no defence dice.

Dex 11 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,4,12,+0 Total:22 (33) vs
OV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:9 (18) +5 (to 18) vs RV14=4 Damage. Body 5/9 for Talisman Soldier 4

"Ha! No way you'll be able to... what on earth?" spluttered Wonder Man as he lands a punch and doesn't knock the guy clean out even though he does smack him through the doorway and past the three in front of him!

All three turn and the one who took the punch gets to his feet. "GET HIM!" they snarl. Wonderman faces four!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 03 2020, 15:52

I'm wondering if he is set up for magical foes and more vulnerable to mundane attacks? So, let's try getting him outside and having Wonderman smack him around. So I will use Air Control, after moving Prof. Wynde so that Doctor Power is between Prof. Wynde and a window and try using the knockback rule to knock him out of the museum and outside where Prof. Wynde hopes to find Wonderman. That way, they can trade opponents if need be.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06 2020, 06:42

Prof Wynde flies about and sets himself up to ping Doctor Power out of the window!

Meanwhile Faerie flies off to the side and shouts (squeaks) "Prof! If you want him outside I can arrange that!"

OOC Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (33) vs
OV7 + 1D Acrobatics + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,7,11,+0 Total:18 (25) +4 (to 14) vs RV15=No effect.

Safe behind his glowing magic shield Doctor Power hisses "You fool! We are too closely matched! I have a way of fixing that though! MINIONS! ATTEND ME!" he shouts.

Some of the 'minions' attacking Wonder Man turn and the hero figures a couple will be rushing off to heed the call.

Doctor Power snarls aiming a blast at the diminutive Faerie. "Your meddling is unwelcome woman! Time I think to pay the price for defying me!"

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:9 (18) vs
OV 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (16) +2 (to 11) vs RV11=No damage.

Faerie flies through the green beam of magic energy and seems uninjured though she does squeak in panic for a moment. "You big bully!" she says whilst flying close to Doctor Power. "Away with you!" she declares with a sprinkle of blue magic dust!

OOC Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,2,+0 Total:12 (21) vs
Teleport OV1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,2,+0 Total:5 (6) +5 (to 14) vs RV1=13RAPs. Teleport 14.

Strangely enough most of Faerie's powers don't rank as magical because of the cost in points it would cost to Mystic Link them, so Doctor Power has no special resistance to this...

Teleport 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:16 (30) vs
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,11,+0 Total:18 (23) +4 (to18) vs RV5=13RAPs.

With a flash of light Doctor Power vanishes and reappears outside of the Museum!

Faerie shouts to Prof Wynde "Hey, I just thought of something! if I memorise the inside of a prison I can teleport bad guys straight to it!" she laughs.

Just then two people - a man and a woman - run in, discarding hats and peeling off coats to reveal dark purple body suits and a scowl on their faces!

=========

Wonder Man faces off against two of the minions and batters the one he'd hit previously...

OOC Dex 11 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,8,9,+0 Total:20 (31) vs
OV9 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,2,9,+0 Total:13 (22) +4 (to 17) vs RV14=3 Damage. Talisman soldier #4 is on 1/9 Body

"Darn it!" spluttered as the Talisman Soldier stayed on his feet. "Just go down!"

The pair of soldiers rush up to batter Wonder Man!

OOC AV9 + 2D M arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,2,12,11,+0 Total:3 MISSED

AV9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,1,9,+0 Total:2 MISSED

Wow...

Wonder Man laughs as the pair crash into each other and get in their own ways!

=========

The two Talisman Soldiers rush into the larger side room where Prof Wynde and Faerie are, level their arms and blast them!

OOC Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,1,+0 Total:3 MISSED AGAIN! Whattttt... is happening with the dice???

Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,10,+0 Total:19 (28) vs
Faerie OV13 (shrunk) + 2D Acrobatics + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,5,3,2,+0 Total:11 (24) +3 (to 13) vs RV7 (Magic Field applies)=6 Damage. Faerie absorbs 1 point with 1HP. FAERIE ON 47HP and 1/6 BODY and is STUNNED

"Oh!" cries Faerie as she is flung backwards and wobbles about in the air...

OOC Initiative...Roll(8d12)+0:

Wonder Man 25 (26)
Prof Wynde 25 (28)
Doctor Power 23 (30)
Faerie 22 (28)
Talisman Soldier #1 25 (30)
Talisman Soldier #2 25 (36)
Talisman Soldier #3 25 (37)
Talisman Soldier #4 (Body 1/9) 25 (28)

A Talisman soldier flies up close and blasts Prof Wynde and one flies up to the diminutive heroine and zaps faerie...

OOC Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:8 (17) vs
OV 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (28) Attack Missed!

Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:12 (21) vs
OV13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:8 (21) 9EV vs RV7=2 Damage. Faerie spends 3HP to absorb that and it stunned again. FAERIE HP 44 Body 1/6

Faerie is pinged about yet again and the soldier zapping her (a woman) laughs out loud "These are no challenge to our power!"

One of the Talisman soldiers swings at Wonder Man...

OOC AV9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,8,4,+0 Total:13 (22) vs
OV11 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,2,6,+0 Total:3 OV0!!! +7 (to 16) vs RV17=No damage. Magic Field protects Wonder Man as the attack is magical in nature regardless of the physical/mental/mystical effect the Talisman Soldier is using.

"No! It's not possible!" splutters the villain as his blow does nothing against Wonder Man!

Doctor Power flies down to the window and zaps at Faerie with a crash of glass!

OOC Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,8,+0 Total:12 (21) vs
OV13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,2,+0 Total:6 (19) +2 (to 11) vs RV7=4 Damage. Faerie absorbs this FAERIE HP34 Body 1/6 STUNNED

Faerie is battered yet again and barely conscious as blast after blast pings her around!

OOC Prof Wynde then Talisman Soldier #4 then Wonder Man to act

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 06 2020, 11:38

ACTIONS: Grab Faerie and fly out of the building to the outside, hopefully spotting Wonderman. Get away from the costly items inside and maybe I can let loose a bit more.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06 2020, 19:23

Scooping up the battered Faerie and commanding the wind to lift him up and through the shattered window the hero sees Doctor Power scowling and posturing in the air.

"The womans fate shall be yours, yet!" snarled the villain.

Looking down and at an angle he saw the adjoining room where Wonder Man faced off against two of the powerful magical soldiers!

The injured fellow facing Wonder Man took a swing at the red clad hero!

OOC AV9 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,7,12,1,+0 Total:20 (29) vs
OV11 + 1D Acro (1D M Arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,6,5,+0 Total:17 (28) +1 (to 10) vs RV15=No damage

Wonder Man fended off a punch that crashed against his jaw and shook his head. "That's it for you!" he declared!

OOC Attacking two Talisman soldiers!

AV11 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,12,10,+0 Total:22 (33) vs
OV9 + Multi Attack 2 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,2,5,+0 Total:13 (24) +4 (to 17) vs RV14+2=1 Damage apiece. Talisman Soldier #4 GOES DOWN. Talisman Soldier #3 is on Body 8/9

One of the Talisman soldiers finally goes down and Wonder Man shakes his head. "Right! No more kid gloves! You people are going DOWN! Faerie! Prof Wynde! Let's nail these guys!" he shouted, but got no reply.

OOC Initiative ... Roll(7d12)+0:

Wonder Man 25 (29)
Prof Wynde 25 (29)
Doctor Power 23 (32)
Faerie 22 (30)
Talisman Soldier #1 25 (34)
Talisman Soldier #2 25 (32)
Talisman Soldier #3 25 (28) Body 8/9
Talisman Soldier #4 UNCONSCIOUS

A talisman soldier (#1) flies up through the hole where the window used to be and blasts at Prof Wynde!

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN! - Page 4 Talisman-Soldier-pic

OOC Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:10 (19) vs
OV7 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,1,+0 Total:4 (ouch) (13) +3 (to 12) vs RV6 + Magic Shield 10 (16)=No damage.

Despite the energy being of a physical type it splashes against Prof Wyndes' shield and therefore the mage knows its of a magic origin!

OOC Automatically used the shield against the blast. If you want to use the shield against Doctor Power that will cost an automatic action meaning that you can move or attack this round not both. I will assume you do so.

Doctor power blasts at Prof Wynde!

OOC CRIT BLOW Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9 (18) vs
OV7 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,5,+0 Total:9 (18) EV9 vs RV6 + 10 Magic Shield (10) (16)=no damage.

Once more Prof Wynde re-positions his shield to catch the energy blast. The aggressors were using magic or magic artefacts for their powers and thankfully that meant his shield protected him. However he was stymied somewhat as he swivelled to fend off the second attack!

Inside a Talisman Soldier (#2) swung at Wonder Man!

OOC AV9 + 2D M arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,3,11,7,+0 Total:20 (29) vs
OV11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (25) +3 (to 12) vs RV17= No damage.

"That's it for you!" shouted Wonder Man. "You can't hurt me... but I can hurt YOU!"

Wonder Man takes a swing at the guy swinging at him whilst yelling "PROF! FAERIE!"

OOC CRIT BLOW AV11 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,1,1,10,+0 Total:22 (33) vs
OV9 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:15 (28) +3 (to 16) vs RV14-6 (CB) (8)=8 RAPs damage. Talisman Soldier #2 is on 1/9 Body!

Faerie, partially recovered from her battering, tries to zap Doctor Power!

OOC Going for broke +4/-6 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,12,+0 Total:20 (29) vs
OV1 + 4 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:22 (27) +2 (to 11) vs RV1 -6 (-5)=16 RAPs. Neutralise is now 17APs.

CRIT BLOW Neutralise 17 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0 Total:15 (32) vs
OV7 +4 CB range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,2,+0 Total:6 (19) +5 (to 22) vs RV9 (-6 CB=3)=19 RAPs. Doctor Powers Magic Field is NOW DOWN! ZERO APS.

Faerie, battered but determined whispered "His magic protection is gone!"

OOC Prof Wynde is up. You can either move or fight. HOWEVER there is a Talisman Soldier (#3) still to attack!

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jul 06 2020, 23:19; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 06 2020, 21:05

Heroically ignore the Talisman soldier and blast the now unshielded Doctor Powers before he can get it back up with Magic Blast.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06 2020, 23:37

Prof Wynde knows he's going to take a blast but still aims at Doctor Power anyway!

OOC Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (24) vs
OV9 + range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,2,+0 Total:12 (23) +1 (to 12) vs RV10=2 RAPs. Doc Power is on 8/10 Spirit

"Arrrgh!" screams the bad guy. "How ... what have you done?!?! It's the witch! She needs stopping! But first... KILL the man in the Turban!"

There is a movement behind Prof Wynde in the air as a Talisman Soldier flies up right behind Prof Wynde and blasts!

OOC Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,5,+0 Total:8  (17) vs
OV8 - 2 Blind side + Roll(2d12)+0:1,9,+0 Total:20 (26) Attack Missed!

"Fool!" screams Doctor Power.

OOC Roll(7d12)+0:

Wonder Man 25 (36)
Prof Wynde 25 (37)
Doctor Power 23 (29) 8/10 Spirit No Magic Field
Faerie 22 (23) Body 1/6 HP 34
Talisman Soldier #1 25 (28)
Talisman Soldier #2 25 (35) Body 1/9
Talisman Soldier #3 25 (26) Body 8/9
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 07 2020, 00:04

Seeing as he is against two foes [maybe 3 if one more comes outside] Prof. Wynde decides to go for a multi-attack and blast both the soldier and Doctor Power.

"Faerie, are you up for attacking Doctor Power," he asks as he readies his attack.

"Dark Dreams hear my prayers, blast my foes from here to there!"

ooc: When he remembers, he tries to always cant some kind of "magic spell" when casting. Helps to throw enemies off if they think they can stop him by stopping his speech. At least, that's his thought on the matter. cat
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07 2020, 10:48

Prof Wynde thrusts his hands out to blast both targets!

OOC This won't be easy. When multi attacking you target the highest defence and resistance.

Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,7,+0 Total:17 (28) vs
OV9 + Range 2 + 1D Acro + Multi 2+ Roll(3d12)+0: 10,6,7,+0 Total:17 (30) Attack Missed!

His blasts go wide and all of a sudden he's aware that he might be zapped by THREE opponents if a third joins the fray!

Wonder Man tries to bop a pair of the Talisman soldiers!

OOC CRIT BLOW and MULTI ATTACK

Dex 11 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,10,10,9,2,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,2,+0 Total:31 (42) vs
OV9 + Multi 2 + Crit Blow 4 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,4,9,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:21 (36)

+3 (to 16) vs RV14 + Multi 2 + Crit Blow -6 (10)=6 RAPs damage.

Talisman soldier #2 is DOWN and OUT.
Talisman soldier #3 is on 2/9 Body!

THWACK! Wonder Man pounds on an injured enemy then leaps up and out of the museum to POW! land another punch on one of those targeting Prof Wynde!

Doctor Power sees Wonder Man land on a roof and right himself. All of a sudden HE is outnumbered, his magic field is down and he gets cold feet!

"Another time, 'hero'!" snarls the Doctor. With that he blasts at Prof Wynde and flies off as fast as he can!

OOC Energy Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,6,+0 Total:9 (18) vs
OV8 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:15 (25) attack missed.

The Talisman Soldier (#3) knows it's time to go and swoops down then blasts at Wonder Man!

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,1,+0 Total:7 (16) vs
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4 (9) +4 (to 13) vs RV12=1 RAP damage. Wonder Man is on 6/7 Spirit

Faerie blasts at the Talisman soldier!

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:16 (25) vs
OV9 + range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:30 (41) Attack Missed

Faerie scowls. "You boys stop this guy I'll get after Doctor Power!" before she zips off!

"Wait, Ka... FAERIE!" cries Wonder Man.

The final Talisman Soldier (#1) flies off after Faerie and Doctor Power

OOC Roll(6d12)+0:

Wonder Man 25 (30) Spirit 6/7
Prof Wynde 25 (31)
Doctor Power 23 (32) 8/10 Spirit No Magic Field
Faerie 22 (29) Body 1/6 HP 34
Talisman Soldier #1 25 (27)
Talisman Soldier #2 25 UNCONSCIOUS
Talisman Soldier #3 25 (31) Body 2/9

Doctor Power turns and sees Faerie flying after him. "Fool woman!" he snarls and blasts at her!

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
OV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,8,+0 Total:15 (24) EV +2 (to 11) vs RV11= No damage.

Faerie shrugs it off and laughs "You're finished Doctor Pow..." she turns and sees the Talisman Soldier fly towards her!

He flies down and tries to swat Faerie!

OOC Dex 9 + M Arts 2D + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,6,12,9,+0 Total:21 (30) vs
OV13 + 3D Acrobatics + Roll(5d12)+0: 6,11,10,12,2,+0 Total:23 (36) Attack Missed!

Meanwhile Wonder Man and Prof Wynde face off against a single Talisman soldier (#1, unharmed) and are 200 yards away from where Faerie, Doc Power and the remaining Talisman Soldier (#3) are.

OOC Prof Wynde and Wonder Man are up

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 07 2020, 14:15

"Take him out, Wonderman! I'll go help Faerie," Prof. Wynde yells as he flies up to the group and once within range fires a magic blast at Doctor Power.

'Emerald Beam strike my foe!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07 2020, 14:49

Prof Wynde summons a cyclone to whisk him up and within range of the villain!

OOC Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,9,+0 Total:17 (28) vs
OV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,7,+0 Total:12 (21) +4 (to 15) vs RV10=5 RAPs. Doc power is on 3/10 Spirit

Wonder Man glanced at Prof Wynde as he flies off and mutters "But I wanted to save her..." before he turns to the Talisman Soldier and snarls "RIGHT! Enough with you idiots! Time to go DOWN!"

OOC CRIT BLOW

AV11 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,12,3,8,2,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total:21 (32) vs
OV9 + 2D Acro +Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,5,10,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:30 (43) Attack Missed

Frustrated, Wonder Man swings wildly. The Talisman Soldier swings back at Wonder Man!

OOC Dex 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:11 (20) vs
OV11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:7 (18) +2 (to 11) vs RV15= No damage.

Wonder Man stood and took a punch from the Soldier who grunted as his fist slammed into his chest. "Not good enough, creep!" he declared.

OOC Initiative...Roll(6d12)+0:

Wonder Man 25 (33) Spirit 6/7
Prof Wynde 25 (29)
Doctor Power 23 (33) 3/10 Spirit No Magic Field
Faerie 22 (25) Body 1/6 HP 34
Talisman Soldier #1 25 (29)
Talisman Soldier #2 25 UNCONSCIOUS
Talisman Soldier #3 25 (32) Body 2/9

Wonder Man swings again at the Talisman Soldier (#1) facing him...

OOC CRIT BLOW Dex 11 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,10,3,11,12,+0 Total:23 (34) vs
OV9 + 1D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(3d12)+0: 9,9,1,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,11,+0 Total:36 (49) Attack Missed.

Wonder Man is frustrated once more and swings at air!

Doctor Power took to the air again and flew into the street. People walking by screamed and pointed up. Most of them were women and one was pushing a pram. The Doctor cackled and landed next to the woman, shoving her aside and snatching the child from the pram! "BACK OFF! Stay away or the child gets it!" said the terrible villain.

The other Talisman Soldier (#3) with Doc Power flew over to land next to the villain and grabbed the mother up!

Meanwhile the one facing off against Wonder Man flies up and away, leaving Wonder Man gaping up. "Come back, coward!" he yells.

Faerie flies up and towards the villain but hangs back, calling out to Prof Wynde. "What do we do?" she asks.

OOC Prof Wynde and Faerie still to act! This is now a deadly situation. Doc Power has a child hostage and his minion has the mother held hostage!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 07 2020, 19:17

"Hostage situation," Prof. Wynde muttered, trying to remember what they taught him about it when he was in the Army. "They never go well. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. What I wouldn't give for a sniper chap or two right now."

If he attacked Doctor Power and managed to hit him and not the baby, then the baby would fall to the ground, injured or killed from the fall. If he missed, he might hit the baby and do tremendous damage to it. And the woman being held hostage seeing what happens to her child would be a nightmare and she would be hurt as well by the soldier.

"Faerie, can you take out Doctor Power if I protect the child," he whispered to his teammate. "It has to be one shot. If not, we might have to let them go and hope like crazy that they do not kill the mother and child once they feel that they are free."

ooc: Magic Shield can be projected at range according to 3rd ed.. So I am thinking of using it to protect the child from any magic attack while Faerie takes down Doctor Power. Then I can use the winds to lower the baby to the ground safely. This leaves the problem of the soldier and the mother as hostage but I am thinking she would prefer to know her child is safe.

If Faerie doesn't feel she can do that or can't come up with another idea of her own, I think we will have to let them go free.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 08 2020, 17:06

Faerie looked uncertain. "What if something goes wrong?"

She flitted about near Prof Wyndes' head and muttered "Maybe I can teleport the baby away..."

"Get back! get back or ... the baby gets FRIED! I have more than mere magic blasts at my disposal!" roared Doctor Power. "You have won this day... but shall LOSE if you cause these innocents deaths!"

That seemed to spook Faerie good and she cried out "Ok! Ok!" before returning to ordinary size and backing off with her hands held out. "Prof Wynde! We have to do as he says!" she cries, aghast at the thought of mother and baby being killed!

Prof Wynde glanced at Faerie. She was terrified! Could he count on her or would he have to go it alone? Or... would they have to let Doctor Power escape?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 08 2020, 17:40

"You win this round, Doctor Power," Prof. Wynde says out-loud. "But understand, if that either that baby or her mother are hurt, I will hunt you down. There will be nothing left of you or your men for the courts to put on trial! You understand that don't you? We will stay right here and let you two go, if you promise to let those two go once you feel you are safe."

ooc: Can't think of anything to do to one-shot him that wouldn't harm the hostages so I will have to let the two of them escape. We still have the other minions though, so maybe we can get some information from them on where to track down the good Doctor.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 08 2020, 20:05

Doctor Power sneered "Weak." he hissed as he cradles the baby in his glowing hands.

"Signal to the others. We are leaving. The day is theirs. There will be another." he said to the Talisman Soldier.

The man held his pendant hanging around his neck and said "The others are being collected."

=========

"Wait!" said the Talisman Soldier facing off against Wonder Man. "Your leader has surrendered! Doctor power has hostages!"

Wonder Man was about to let his knuckles do the talking but the soldier held a hand up "If you strike at me the others will know and a child and her mother will die!"

Flexing his fists Wonder Man snarled but kept his distance.

The talisman soldier flew off, followed by Wonder man bounding from rooftop to rooftop. The hero landed next to Faerie and Prof Wynde as the Talisman Soldiers and Doctor Power flew off.

"If Swashbuckler had been with us we would not have been outnumbered!" hissed Wonder Man. "We could have beaten him!"

Faerie added "We need to rescue that woman and her baby!"

=========

Prof Wynde looked about.

Doctor Power and the Talisman Soldiers had gone. The woman and her baby had been left clinging to the highest peak of ... Big Ben!

Wonder Man had insisted on searching the area when they'd discovered the woman screaming from the top of the outside of Big Ben, alerted by passers by and the police. He raced off, bounding about and searching for sign of the Doctor. The fallen Talisman Soldiers had been collected by a pair of trenchcoat suited Talisman Soldiers even as Faerie watched them. They warned they were in touch with Power and that any attempt to stop them would result in the deaths of the innocent!

Who were these people? Some kind of... magically empowered army?

Finally Wonder Man returned to where Prof Wynde and Faerie waited on the rooftop of the Houses of Parliament. The woman and the baby had been whisked down to earth much to the childs delight and both were unharmed. The woman was flustered but had an exciting tale to tell the waiting reporters.

"Their communications give them an edge." said Wonder Man. "I wonder if there's a way that we might keep in touch like that? Without words, but able to send thoughts?"

Suddenly he gaped and turned to Faerie. "What? I..." he blushed.

Prof Wynde turned and Faerie glanced at him. "I can do it. Speak mind to mind!"

Wonder Man shuffled "Well, anyway. We need to crack on, get the others and investigate this Scottish island, find out what's happening. Doctor Power and his cronies will get theirs, I'll make it my mission in life if I have to!"

Faerie turned to Prof Wynde. "Are we really leaving Swashbuckler behind?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 08 2020, 20:57

"We still have two more places here to see if I can find a way to connect to OOP," Prof. Wynde said tightly, not enjoying the feeling of losing out. "We will try them and then see what we can do next."

"Swashbuckler is on his own. He is welcomed back when he wants to be," he continues.

ooc: Next stop, whichever of the two are closest since I have never been there. tongue
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 09 2020, 20:32

Wonder Man muttered "hold on just a second there Prof."

He was watching from the corner of a rooftop and looking down on the street. "See that guy? He just wrote a note and handed it to a kid who sprinted off like his backside was on fire. Maybe he's just passing on a tip or ... maybe something else."

Prof Wynde came over. The guy suddenly found somewhere else to look and wandered over to a cart which sold newspapers and cigarettes. Starting to push it down the street away from the area around the houses of Parliament. People were still looking up at the brightly dressed Wonder Man and Prof Wynde while Faerie was trickier to see in her diminutive form.

"I'm betting the guy maybe knows something, unless he's just passing on a tip to the papers. That kid... he's ... just about out of sight. Boy is he running. Worth an ask, or just follow him or the kid?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum