The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN!

2 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN! - Page 2 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN!

Post  Admin Fri Jun 12 2020, 10:28

"WHAT?" yelled Wonderman, looking about and Prof Wynde was right to duck as his friend swung about. "I CAN'T SEE. OR HEAR. YOU NEED TO WATCH OUT." he bellowed in the wrong direction as he flicked about trying to figure out where Prof Wynde was.

"IS THAT YOU OL... PROF WYNDE?"

Prof Wynde took to the sky and swooped to the second floor window where he peeked in.

It was a large open wide shop area selling all manner of high value goods including ornaments, vases, fine china and objects d'art.

At the far end of the room a door was closing and someone was just going through it. They appeared to be dressed in black.

Whatever they'd used on Wonder Man was very dangerous indeed!

Suddenly Prof Wynde saw a Police Van heading down the street, screeching tyres and bell ringing... and Wonder Man was blundering into its path!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN! - Page 2 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN!

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 12 2020, 11:44

Suddenly Prof Wynde saw a Police Van heading down the street, screeching tyres and bell ringing... and Wonder Man was blundering into its path!

"Well, Fudge!  Why can't crooks stay in one place and wait to be beaten up," Prof. Wynde complained as he swooped back down to Wonderman.  "All this running about is just impossible."

He lands and yells at Wonderman again.  "This way!  Come with me!"

Ducking any swing again, he gently takes Wonderman's arm and pulls him towards the sidewalk.  He places Wonderman's hand on the wall.  He then writes on Wonderman's back, letter by letter, "STAY".

IF there is a nearby person who hasn't run away, he tells him or her, "This is Wonderman, he has been blinded and deafened by the crooks inside who have some sort of scientifiction weapons.  My team and I are trying to catch them.  Tell the police unless they have guns, they should stay out here and let us handle it.  Oh, and I am Prof. Wynde."

HE thens flies back up through the window, ignoring the shouting police, and goes in pursuit of the bad guy.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 12 2020, 12:57

Bystanders gape at the man in bright red clothes and the man in the outlandish leotard and turban, seemingly barely able to take in what he was saying!

"I CAN HELP YOU! JUST POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!" bellows Wonder Man as he looks in the wrong direction, feeling about.

Prof Wynde takes to the sky and swoops back up and into the spacious second floor of the prestigious department store. He moved through and to the doorway that led into a wide stairwell leading up and down. He can hear shouts but the echo and distance doesn't make it clear if it's Swashbuckler (presumably downstairs) or someone else upstairs....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 12 2020, 15:31

Cover this floor, make sure it is safe or find any crooks on this level. If I spot a bad guy, blast 'em with magic blast. Magic Shield still up.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14 2020, 10:09

Prof Wynde moves about, mindful that his air controlling powers in a department store might trash the place worse than any burglars!

Even so despite the stores size he feels sure that he's covered most of it... then he hears a sound - of footsteps and something moved aside - behind him!

OOC update hopefully later on as you guys are rocket fast these days!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 14 2020, 12:57

Whirl around and also use magic sense.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 15 2020, 17:27

Prof Wynde senses no one magical aside from Swashbuckler and Faerie, along with Wonder Man out in the street. In a way that was comforting.

HOWEVER he did sense magic in an easterly direction at the very edge of his range. A very strong source!

Faerie flies up as he whirls about and he breathes a sigh of relief!

"We've checked the ground floor and there's no one. I've left Swashbuckler down there to cover the street and ground level and make sure no one gets past us!" she said. "Where's Fred? I haven't seen him... Wonder Man... yet."

Suddenly there was a THUD from the floor above and a CRISH of glass that despite the thickness of the floor and distance could be heard very distinctively!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jun 16 2020, 14:32

"Right! Up we go," Prof Wynde says after hearing that very obvious noise and trying to remember how many floors this place has. "Wonderman is out of action for now. Some kind of weapon that has blinded and deafened him. Everyone be careful of whoever is using it."

Using his legs, he moves for the stairway up. still plan to Magic Blast the first badguy he sees since they don't seem to be magical foes, it should be effective against them, he hopes. Cool
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18 2020, 08:29

Faerie looks uncertain. "Wonder Man is blinded? Oh! I should go help him... maybe I can heal him..."

She follows at her smallest size and prof Wynde knows she wouldn't be much use in a fight with her priorities split. Still, she was new to this and not everyone leapt in fists flying from the very start! He expected Boudicea and Snaga would be the opposite - charging in much as Fred had done and they might be afflicted like he'd been by now. Or worse.

Going up the stairs the pair came to the door onto the next level which was slightly ajar.

They heard shouting and laughing though it was some distance away. One of them mentioned "..that guy in the red tights? We sure showed him!"

"Yeah but you see the way he moved? Who was he? These suits speed us up - somehow - but that guy was like lightning!"

Creeping up to the door the diminutive Faerie flew through the gap and whizzed straight back, whispering close to Prof Wynde's ear.

"There's a guard on the other side of the door - I thought he saw me but he was picking his nose and distracted... But they are wearing some kind of black padded suits and have a helmet that covers half their face. I haven't seen anything like it before! His gun... oh! If Wonder Man was shot with that no wonder he's in trouble! I must go to him!"

She took a deep breath and fanned her face whilst she caught her breath and continued "No! We need to stop these people! There were six... no... eight others like him and one person who was ... weird. He was dressed in some kind of strange rainbow coloured suit! They'd just pushed over a massive display cabinet and were grabbing the stuff - jewels, rings, watches and more - from it. How can we stop so many? Shall I go get Swashbuckler?"

'And help Wonder Man' wondered Prof Wynde.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 19 2020, 14:46

"Yes go get our teammate. Wonderman is okay outside, I have someone watching out for him," Prof. Wynde replies, hoping that that statement was still true.

He waits for his teammates to join him.

"Okay, you two take down the guard. I'll be behind you and will attack the colorful one who I guess is the boss. After that, we take 'em as we can."

ooc: IF they agree, then let them attack the guard then go into the room and blast colorful guy. Magic Shield will probably not be useful here but it might convince them that I have some kind of energy shield and will be less willing to try to blast me because of it. At least, that's my thinking on it.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 19 2020, 21:04

Swashbuckler arrived in a woosh of air and dust, sliding to a halt at the top of the stairs. "AbouttimeIgotsomeaction!There'snoonedownstairssoI'llgetstuckinuphere!" then he ran to the door, booted it open and declared "Have at thee!"

OOC Swashbuckler Adren Surge on Superspeed... 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (23) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,8,+0 Total:13 (19) +3 (to 15) vs RV6=9RAPs, Superspeed boosts to 15.

AV15 + 2D M Arts (1D Acro) + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,7,8,1,+0 Total:15 (30) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (18) +5 (to 10) vs RV6=4 RAPs. The guy has 3 Body and is DOWN and OUT!

"Ha! A stiff breeze would have these guys over!" laughs Swashbuckler in a classic Errol Flynn pose, foot resting on the chest of his downed foe. "Hey fellows! Come over here! My fists have an appointment with your teeth!" he shouts.

Faerie rolled her eyes and said "At least he didn't kill the fellow." before zipping in. She levelled her hands to blast two of the armoured foes!

OOC Faerie Magic Blasts two armoured guys. Range is 2APs (40')

MB9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 FAILED No burnout though (doesn't have that weakness)

"Oh! That wasn't supposed to happen!" she gasped.

"GET THEM!" shouted the rainbow suited guy! The armoured men set down their bags of fancy goods and started running over, levelling arms with what looked like stubby cannons mounted on them!

Prof Wynde swooped in and over the heads of the armoured men, heading for the Rainbow suited man!

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN! - Page 2 Rainbow-warrior

OOC Initiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:
8 Prof Wynde (32),9 Rainbow Warrior (33),

Rainbow Warrior laughs out loud "Fool! Do you not know how powerful I am? I shall show you!"

OOC Magic Blast (!) 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:21 (30) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 (15) +5 (to 14) vs RV21=No Damage

Rainbow Warrior gasped. "What? It's not possible! I was assured the blue beam would... That is... perhaps there's some mistake!"

Prof Wynde for one was glad his Magic shield had blocked the blast and wondered what other rays this guy had up his sleeve!

OOC Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:10 (21) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (15) +3 (to 14) vs RV9=5RAPs damage. Rainbow Warrior is on 4/9 Spirit!

"Arrrrggh! Minions! HEAR ME! TARGET THE MAN IN THE TURBAN!"

Suddenly half a dozen armoured goons with arm cannons turned from where they were and took aim at Prof Wynde!

OOC Initiative... Roll(2d12)+0:
8 Good Guys
7 Bad Guys

Prof Wynde 24 (32)
Faerie 22 (30)
Swashbuckler 19 (27)
Rainbow Warrior 24 (31)
Goons in armour (stats D7 S6 RV6 Bod 3, I3 W3 Mi3 Inf3 Au2 Spi3 Cannon 8 Projectile weapons Weaponry 2) 13 (20)

Prof Wynde then Rainbow Warrior...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jun 19 2020, 21:09

"I got Doc Spectrum here," Prof. Wynde calls out, "take down the rest!"

Magic Blast Rainbow Warrior.

"This is how it is done, Doc!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 20 2020, 20:59

OOC Magic Sense 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:21 (32) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,6,+0 Total:16 (24) +4 (to 15) vs RV9=6 RAPs. Rainbow Warrior is DOWN and OUT!

"The boss!" cried one man in the body armour as Prof Wynde's powerful magic blast drops the rainbow coloured fellow to the floor amidst shattered deisplay cabinets!

"We can take... OOF!" said one as Swashbuckler sped and leapt about shouting "AHA! Take that, varlet!"

Faerie zipped about and distracted rather than attacked. She paused between two of the goons and moved at the last moment dodging a blast and seeing one guy blast their own team mate!

Swashbuckler landed a kick and that was that. The remaining two uninjured men held up their hands in surrender and the others were dazed or down!

Just then Prof Wynde whirled as a window crashed through... only to see it was Wonderman! "I can see again!" he declared. "And hear!" he was a mess still, with blood having run from his ears...

Faire suddenly grew to full size in front of him and hugged him "Fre... Wonder Man! I was so worried!" Wonder Man blushed and hugged her back whilst grinning at Prof Wynde over her shoulder. "Are we good? That multi coloured guy down? Who are they?"

Prof Wynde turned to the men in body armour and helmets which definitely didn't look like 1940s technology. It didn't see *too* advanced but was certainly 21st century tech. Kevlar meshed with hydraulics to make a light exoskeleton and computer controlled... chances were these guys didn't even know what they wore.

Swashbuckler 'leaned' on one of them. "Talk! Who are you! Where did you get those suits?"

"Hey, we're just ordinary guys lookin ta earn dough. We got sprung from prison an' dis guy said if we backed th' guy up in the weird suit an' followed his orders we'd earn some bread! When th' guy in the red pyjamas charged in we thought we was in trouble but the rainbow guy zapped him an' Jimmy there..." he pointed to an unconscious guy on the floor "Hit 'im with the arm cannon. We don't know da guy who gave us da stuff. He was in shadow, an' wore a hat. Couldn't figure out who he was but these suits... dey make ya feel super!"

He looked around nervously. "Uh, like you guys. Who are you?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jun 20 2020, 21:48

Prof Wynde had a bad feeling about what he heard.

"Get them out of those suits ... NOW" he yelled.

He went over to Rainbow Raider and began tearing him out of his futuristic suit.

"They may be rigged to blow!  Get them out of them!  Rip the suits apart, Wonderman!"

Oliver was having a flashback to his time in the Army where he served in the Middle East and those wearing suicide vests that they couldn't remove, forcing them to suicide by remote control.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 20 2020, 23:51

"What do you mean? What are they going to wear if we tear their clothes off?" asked Swashbuckler.

"Have to agree with the limey, Prof. What's the rush? We beat these guys fair and square." said Wonderman.

Prof Wynde was busy tearing the costume off Rainbow Warrior but noticed the man's eyes had rolled in the back of his head and he was foaming at the mouth... Swashbuckler started taking off a suit of one of the downed men and turned. "Say, I don't suppose any of you lot hear that? I kind of ... ticking?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 21 2020, 04:54

"Tarnation!! They got bombs in their costumes! Wonderman, get this costume off Rainbow Warrior or whatever his name is. We need to get it out of the building fast! Their weapons may have bombs in them too!"

"You two," he points to the two still conscious, "strip down to your undies and throw your weapons and gear by the window!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 21 2020, 16:11

The words from Prof Wynde conveyed enough urgency that the men in body armour immediately started to struggle out of the suits.

Wonder Man stepped up and shredded Rainbow Warriors costume, somewhat puzzled. "This is just cloth, weird cloth but there's nothing to it!"

Faerie flew about "Swashbuckler was right - these padded armoured suits ARE ticking... faster!"

"If I didn't know better I would say this Rainbow guy who zapped me with the mind scrambling ray was dead!" said Wonderman.

Swashbuckler used his rapier to slash at buckles and straps. Just then footsteps thudded up the stairs and two Policemen entered the floor about thirty feet away. "Ho! Hold it there! Police!" they shouted.

OOC All of the body armour - that on criminals and those suits that have been removed - are ticking much louder now!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Jun 21 2020, 20:27

"These suits are going to EXPLODE," Prof. Wynde yells out.

"I SUMMON THE WINDS OF TYME! TAKE THESE OFFERINGS INTO THE SKYE!"

summoning the winds, he creates a small tornado and blasts open the window, then uses the tornado to gather up the gear and clothes and sends them high in the air, as high as he can, and holds them there.

ooc: And if that doesn't work, then Wonderman can gather them and leap up into the air and maybe throw them into the Thames.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 22 2020, 19:37

Prof Wynde summons up a mini tornado to gather the costumes and Wonder Man tears the last two from their wearers to leap out of the window with.

High up in the air over London the tornado zooms up... up... and BOOOOOM!!! They explode with such force the windows in higher buildings rattle or shatter!

The Police run up and look at everyone dressed in fancy costumes and with Prof Wynde and Faerie obviously superhuman.

"Cor blimey, what av we ere? Who the eck are you people?" asks one Policeman.

Wonder Man hops back in through the window and the other cop exclaims "Where the eck did you come from? We're three floors up! You lot best come with us!"

Wonder Man glanced at Prof Wynde. Were they ready to be exposed to the Police and the general public yet?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 22 2020, 20:44

"We're the Lore Knights," Prof. Wynde announces, figuring it was time for some public exposure. "Ever hear of the myth of King Arthur returning in Britain's greatest hour of need? Well, none of us here are King Arthur but we are that legend brought to life. First, we need to check on this man. I believe he has died to taking poison or some other method. Give us a moment."

"Faerie, what can you tell me about him? Is he really dead or in some sort of coma?"

"And if the rest of you want to tell us something, that would be .... nice. Otherwise ... this may be your fate."

He points at the body of Rainbow Raider.

ooc: Use magic sense and see if he can sense the magic he felt earler.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 22 2020, 21:49

The Police are amazed and bewildered. Clearly this is above their pay grade!

The goons sit in a miserable or unconscious heap. One of them pipes up "A guy approached us. Fresh outta prison and no money, they said we was to dress up and make some easy cash following his..." he nodded at the expired Rainbow Warriors' body "..orders. It was all going well... even when the guy in red charged in, we made short work of him! No way we could do anything about you lot though... They'll never believe the tale in the prison canteen..."

As they wait for more police to arrive and take the men into custody Prof Wynde reaches out with his magic sense...

It's strong - stronger than he's ever sensed, but not, he feels from a person.

A policeman comes over. "Step away from the window, there's a good chap." he says with an order more than a request.

"Tell me." says Wonder Man, peering at Prof Wynde looking intently at seemingly the street. "What's in that direction if we keep going?"

"A yank eh?" asks the Policeman. "We'll be needin a statement so don't go boundin off! As for that direction? Why I suppose..." he considers then adds "yes. Keep going that way and you'll get to the Tower O London!"

Wonder Man walked with Prof Wynde back from the window to where Faerie and Swashbuckler watched the downed crooks. "You sense something? What could possibly be held in the tower of London that would interest you?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 22 2020, 21:57

Wonder Man walked with Prof Wynde back from the window to where Faerie and Swashbuckler watched the downed crooks. "You sense something? What could possibly be held in the tower of London that would interest you?"

"Magic," Prof. Wynde says quickly. "Not sure if it belongs there or there is trouble there. So let's go find out soon, eh?"

He turns to the team, "Faerie, anything you can tell us about this "Super-Criminal" lying here? Dead or a coma?"

He signals the other two to come join he and Wonderman as unobtrusively as possible.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 22 2020, 22:09

Faerie shook her head. "I can't do anything." she said in her full size form. "That poison was strange though. It was in a tooth but ..." she frowned.

"I'm not sure... I get the feeling he wasn't the type to have bitten down on a poison tooth. He seemed too confident, too sure in his powerful abilities to so easily give in. The powers were in him, not the suit." she hissed under her breath out of earshot of the Police who are bundling the criminals to their feet. "He could have walked out of any prison in the land simply by blasting down the walls. Someone else was aware of what was going on and did something somehow to activate a poison tooth. Does that even make sense? It's a feeling i have but I can't explain why." she said, puzzled.

Faerie glances about. "Do you... want me to transport us somewhere?" she hissed with the four of them stood together.

"Oy! What you lot on about? Don't do anything ... weird!" said a Policeman as he struggled with a criminal and batted him on the head a couple of times with his truncheon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jun 22 2020, 22:52

Faerie glances about. "Do you... want me to transport us somewhere?" she hissed with the four of them stood together.

"Oy! What you lot on about? Don't do anything ... weird!" said a Policeman as he struggled with a criminal and batted him on the head a couple of times with his truncheon.

"Tower of London on my mark," he says quietly to Faerie.

"Constable," he says outloud, "you will need this for your report to your superiors. We are the Lore Knights, here to protect the Land in her time of need. I am Prof. Wynde, this lovely young lady is Faerie, this gentleman is Swashbuckler and our American friend is Wonderman, one of the first truly superhuman people of our age. Tell the PM we will be visiting him shortly so we can offer our help to save our Land."

"Now Faerie," he says quietly.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 23 2020, 21:18

"Hold on!" she hisses and grasps Wonder Man and Swashbucklers hands - who grasp with Prof Wynde!

OOC Adren Surge on Teleportation...

AS9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:15 (24) vs
Teleport OV1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,12,+0 Total:20 (21) +2 (to 11) vs RV1=10 Raps. Teleport goes to 11.

The group vanishes from the department store... into the sky over London!

"Whaaaaaaa!" spluttered Swashbuckler until with a wave of his hand Prof Wynde provides a cushion of air for everyone to stand on!

"Sorry Prof, I wasn't exactly sure where the Tower of London was from our position!" said Faerie over the woosh of air. "I was planning to get a quick look then jump us again but with you along I can take my time!"

Wonder Man gave Prof Wynde a quick glance then muttered "I hope we're not up here TOO long. The country is at war and..."

WooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

An air raid siren went off somewhere a mile below in London and Wonder Man added "Yup, there we go!"

Swahsbuckler looked around... "There!"

Faerie followed his gaze and nodded, then...

OOC AS9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,11,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
Ov1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,8,+0 Total:14 (15) +5 (to 14) vs RV1=13RAPs. Teleport to 14.

ZAP!

Professor Wynde issue #2 - Well, actually it's #1 with the LORE KNIGHTS and WONDERMAN! - Page 2 Tol-1940

The group landed from a foot drop and Faerie apologised. "Sorry chaps. Still getting used to these powers and..."

Wonder Man smiled "Don't sweat it. We're here."

Then they saw a small group of soldiers with rifles running from the grounds of the tower!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next