The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost!

2 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 3 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost!

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Apr 03 2020, 13:22

"Let's see if I can free Wonder Man before I decide on whether to keep it or return it," Professor Wynde says slowly. "So please show me how to use it on him."

ooc: Sorcery is a great idea as soon as I get a 900 HP to spend. That will give me with its high factor cost, 10 APs to use. No wonder there are very few powerful mages in the DC universe. Rolling Eyes
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 3 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost!

Post  Admin Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:43

"The spell by now is so weak even a neophyte mage starting out on his journey such as you should be able to free him. As mentioned I am prevented from cancelling my own spells so I much use them sparingly and with great thought given to whether I should cast the spell at all!" said the Yogi.

Ignoring the jibe Prof Wynde put the necklace around his neck and immediately felt an aura about himself. It would protect him so much he was practically bulletproof, he surmised!

The Yogi explained that he should visualise the unravelling of a ball of string all knotted up and about the size of a basketball. Eventually it would get easier and faster to do, but for now...

...three hours of pure concentration later Prof Wynde thrust a hand at the statue...

OOC Negation 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,1,+0 Total:27 (37) vs
OV 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,8,+0 Total:15 (24)

+5EV (to 15) vs RV9=6RAPs

The colour of the statue changed but it was still stone. The yogi, sat on a rock a few feet away flicking through a magazine, looked up and offered "Almost there! Keep at it!"

Another hour later...

OOC Neutralize 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
OV 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,4,+0 Total:16 (19)

+4EV (to 14) vs Rv3= 11 RAPs SUCCESS

The colour changed to bright red and garish yellow pants whilst the mans eyes looked about. The yogi came over. "I had no idea you would be in stasis so long! My sorrow is endless, Fred Carson once known to the world as Wonder Man!"

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 3 Free-at-last

"Once? How... how long have I been under? Enough so that the lawyers have stopped chasing me? I remember the time as if it were moments ago! I came here asking for advice as I was being chased by lawyers to cease and desist my actions as a super hero... they dogged my every step and you suggested 'lying low' for a while to throw them off the trail... How... 'low' was I out for?" he looked at Prof Wynde. "And who is your outlandishly dressed friend?"

The Yogi pulled a face and turned to Prof Wynde. "I'll leave you to explain while I prepare some food..." before he made a hasty exit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 04 2020, 15:28

"He really is a nudge, isn't he," Professor Wynde shares with Wonder Man.  "My name is Professor Wynde.  I'm the latest in a long line of magical superheroes, such as yourself, though I wasn't trained by the Yogi here, and the year is 2020.  Welcome to the 21st Century.  All those statues you see around us?  They are all magical superheroes of the past who also came here until a better time appeared or felt that their powers would be better used."

Professor Wynde gets ready to catch the man in case he faints from shock.

[either he does or he doesn't]

After that much information has been absorbed, Professor Wynde gives him a brief history of the world of the last 80-90 years as he can remember it.  He tells him about the Order of Protection that found and trained him.  He tells him about the Advent.  He tells him about his fight with the Elementals and the demon that is waiting for him back in England.  And answers any other questions Wonder Man might have.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 04 2020, 23:03

"20... 20? What about Hitler... Brenda... Nora... my invention... Mr Hastings... my job... uhhh." he looked about then slumped to his backside on the floor, despondent.

"So long..."

Prof Wynde gave a condensed version of the last 80 or so years. Space travel. Various wars. The arrival of superhumans and the change of the world.

Advent.

The need for heroes, people who can make a difference when all else has failed, to act as beacons of hope and to stand up for the 'little people' who feel like society has failed them. To fight for them against those who would simply take what they want.

Wonder Man sucked in a great breath. "I asked for this. I was thinking months..."

The Yogi came in with two plates of food and set them down. "I waited for someone to uncast the spell, but every other that came here wanted the same as you. They wanted to wait out the world for when they were most needed. Others lost everything they had and despaired. I gave them hope then bid them sleep, waiting for the time when someone would come who could learn the spell. I did not realise it would take so long. So very long. My sorrow knows no bounds. You were the first Fred Carson. This man has not the skill yet to free the others but they are needed, I have seen it. This... ADVENT... they are from a far away land and seek to rule all but for what purpose I cannot see yet. Now more than ever the great heroes of the past, the brave and the just, those who shone so very brightly for so little time... need to shine again. You are the first. An army of light to march against the darkness. There is a life for you in this world of modern wonders, and the time is now right for WONDER MAN to stride the land and free the world from a grip of terror!"

Wonder Man considered, then nodded and rose. "What choice do I have? I'll do it. It will be the greatest challenge I've ever faced, and I'm not one to back down from a challenge, ever!"

The Yogi turned to Prof Wynde. "You may try to free some of the others if you wish, but every failure will strengthen the spell on them, and make it harder to do so. You need luck and skill to succeed. Consider carefully before trying. Otherwise, use the power I have given you to defeat the demon and send it screaming back to the void!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 05 2020, 00:30

"That demon needs to be stopped," Professor Wynde said, thinking it over, "but I could use some help. How about it Wonder Man? Up to helping me stop a demon? Afterwards, we can get in touch with the Order of Protection to see if they can help you set up a new life here in your future. Help you get adjusted to the changes that have occurred. Then ... maybe every few weeks or a month I can come back here and attempt to revive another hero? Maybe sooner than that? Which I guess means I will have to keep the medallion with me instead of returning it."

"But we need heroes. So many were killed or crippled all across the world. These folks can help fill our ranks. What do you two say to that?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 05 2020, 11:08

Wonder Man thinks about it whilst the Yogi wells up and nods "For all I have taken from these people, I want to give back and more! So heroic they are, it would be a crime to leave them in here when the world needs saving!"

"Putting it like that... I'm with you! I had not been active for long when I found lawyers dogging my every move and soon the police took notice. I was mistrusted and my battles were not just against bad guys and spies but against my very existence! If that... hounding... no longer exists then maybe I can be the hero I feel I was meant to be!"

The Yogi nods. "Yes! YES!"

Turning, he gestures to a part of the cave where... a door is set in the wall. It hadn't been there a moment before!

The heroes step towards the door and Wonder Man turns to the Yogi. "I... I forgive you for taking my life away. I came to you for a help and it sounds like you didn't know that it would take so long for someone to come forward who could learn and cast the spell."

"Most of those here seem to have sprung fully experienced with their powers and without any willingness or ability to learn new things." admitted the Yogi. "For all their good deeds and intentions, it is a flaw shared by most of the era."

Wonder Man considered "I too, was guilty of colossal arrogance. Reggie Berold, Nora Hastings fiance, was a coward and a bully, but I in turn bullied him when I was Wonder Man. I should have been above all that. I'll strive to do better."

"I thought you said her name was Brenda?" asked the Yogi.

"Whatever." replied Wonder Man. He turned to Prof Wynde. "Well my friend, shall we step through the door and see what this brave new world offers as a challenge? One that we shall rise to and overcome?"

The Yogi turns to Prof Wynde. "When you are ready, come here again and try to free another hero to help replace all those who fell to the giant monsters, which were coincidentally ravaging cities when Advent first appeared to save them. Hmmm. Coincidental."

Wonder Man opens the door and staggers back as a powerful wind blasts him back a step! It opens into the hallway opposite the room where the demon was tied to the board! he steps through and Wynde follows a moment later.

=========

Prof Wynde looks about. Nothing had changed, and yet... he'd been training months in the Yogis' cave! Truly that was magic of a kind he could not aspire to yet!

The wind tore at both heroes and the female cop turned to look at the pair. "How is the yogi?" she asked. Wonder Man looked on in puzzlement whilst Prof Wynde could only wonder how the demon possessing the cop knew about such things.

"What's the plan?" shouted Wonder Man. "Do I just go in there and punch the whirlwind or something?" The game board was glowing brighter. The cop looked at Prof Wynde and at his new necklace. "Perhaps you should free the youths first and weaken this creature as it drains life from their souls as a rope to pull itself through the gateway!"

"What does all that mean, and who is this cop? She's ... she's a woman!" spluttered Wonder Man.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 05 2020, 15:37

"Oh come on! You had lady cops back in your day," Professor Wynde sputters. "Okay, granted they were more for secretarial work and meter maids and to guard any female suspects, but they patrol the streets now just like male cops do. And she is possessed by a spirit that is helping up and sent me to the Yogi."

"There are so kids," he continues, "who were playing a game with special pieces, unknown to them, and that board and the pieces summoned this demon. He turned them into statues after giving them powers. I have to go see if I can turn them back into people again and take away those pieces. We also need to get that piece over there that the demon is guarding. Once we get the pieces and the board, we can send the demon back to where it belongs."

ooc: at least I hope that's what I am supposed to do. Starting to get a bit confused as to what needs to be done.

"See if you can get into the room and grab that piece and I will try to help block any attack it makes towards you," he finishes up, pointing to the magical piece.

actions: Try to create a Wind Wall to block the demon's attack on Wonder Man as he dashes into the room and grabs the piece and dashes back out.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 05 2020, 16:04

Wonder Man tries to sprint towards the piece to grab it...

The boardgame demon sees him, hisses and gestures at the worlds mightiest human (of 1939 at least) to throw him across the room! Prof Wynde tries to throw up a wall to defend Wonder Man

OOC straight up Air Control (Demon) 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,12,+0 Total:15 (26) vs
Prof Wynde Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:15 (25)

Demon SUCCESS he can attack Wonder Man

Then attack vs Wonder Man (who has Magic Field)

Air Control 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 (22) vs
Wonder Man Dex 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (25) MISSED

Wonder Man gets to the other side of the room and yells "I have it! NOW WHAT!?!?!" The demon/board game is in between the two heroes. Seeing the wind demon swirling about and gritting his teeth, the man from the past leaps forward to deliver a senses shattering blow to... well, a swirling tornado!

OOC No chance. Here goes.

Wonder Man Dex 11 + martial Artist three extra dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 10,11,11,5,12,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE or maybe... Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:40 (51) vs Air Demon Dex 11 + Fluid Form 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (40)

+3 EV (to 16) vs RV 17 = NO DAMAGE!

His hand just swishes through the swirling air form and the Demon laughs, though not as convincingly as Prof Wynde thought he'd done months (only moments in fact!) ago!

Staggering back Wonder Man called out "There's... there's nothing solid to hit!"

A voice appears in Prof Wynde's head. It was the Yogi! 'Valiant pupil! the power in the amulet allows you to CANCEL not just spells but also super abilities of your foes! This foe you face is powerful indeed though - you may need several attempts... or weaken it by depriving it of drained souls from those unfortunate youngsters!' Prof Wynde blinks. It was as if the ancient Yogi's head had floated in front of him and spoken to him! He glanced at the necklace. possibly the artefacts doing?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 05 2020, 16:32

"Get out of there," Prof. Wynde replies, "we have to go save the kids. Keep that piece safe!"

Head out to the statues and see if he can reverse the spell and get their pieces from them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 05 2020, 18:24

The Demon seems determined to attack Wonder Man and it's all he can do over the howl of the wind to shout "Go! Save the kids! I'll keep this thing busy... I hope!"

Prof Wynde summoned a gust of air to swoop from the upper floors of campus building and up into the sky, racing across town as fast as the winds would carry him! He saw smoke rising into the sky and didn't have to figure out where he had to head. Soon he heard shots, screams and loud crashing and smashing!

A thirty foot high creature composed of air, wind, fire and earth marched down main street, tossing cars about and ignoring shots from the helpless police who were soon running for cover! He knew he had little chance against that thing but wondered if he might be able to free the teenagers from the stone statues and grab the game pieces from them!

Stepping up to one on the rooftop he held his necklace out and hoped he remembered the chant. It was in truth a simple phrase and took nowhere near as long as his first two attempts that were used to free Wonder Man!

OOC Negate power 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:17 (27) vs
Petrification 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:5 (12)

+5 EV (to 15) vs RV7= 8 RAPs

Instantly he used the amulet... and the statue changed back into the form of a 17 year old boy who slumped to the floor, looking terrified and exhausted! A game piece, intricately carved and ornate, rolled from his hand. Scooping it up Prof Wynde turned to the next one... only to hear a huge roar!

Running to the building ledge he looked down the street and saw the creature had shrunk, being only twenty or so feet high now and no longer being part composed of fire! It was working!

Turning back he uttered the words again...

OOC Negate power 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
Petrification 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (27)

+1 EV (to 11) vs RV 7 = 4 RAPs

This time the statue changed colour but remained stone. He knew he was close but would have to use it again. He peered over the edge of the roof... the elemental giant was bearing down the street coming towards him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 05 2020, 23:00

"Timing is everything is magic," he mutters outloud, "Let's see how good my timing actually is."

action: once again try to free the kid before the elemental gets to him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 05 2020, 23:23

OOC Negation 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,8,+0 Total:10 (20) vs
OV 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:6 (9)

+5EV 9to 15) vs RV3 = 12 RAPs success!

With another concentrated spell Prof Wynde manages to free the second youth, a young woman who looks bewildered as she slumps to the ground!

Once again a game board piece rolls from her hand and is scooped up by the mage! The creature in the street howls and Prof Wynde leans over the side expecting to see it's giant form, except now it is only ten feet tall and comprised of Earth and Water (OOC As opposed to being made of air, wind, fire and water like before. Doh.) and struggles to hold the two forms together. Still, it looks determined though the earth parts of it have to climb the side of the building whilst the air part wants to fly!

The indecision gives time for another shot at freeing a teenager!

OOC Negation 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,8,+0 Total:14 (24) vs
Petrification 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:6 (13)

+5EV (to 15) vs RV 7 = 8 RAPs

He's really getting the hang of it now as with a single wave of his hand the Professor restores another youth to life! Wynde scoops up the third game piece and sees an earthy hand appear over the edge of the wall! He has three game pieces and only one remains, but has he time to free the last youth or will it come to a fight? If he does fight, will the youth inside the statue be hurt, or worse, killed?

OOC Find out in the next startling episode of... 'Prof Wynde and the game of death!' otherwise known as Prof Wynde wins initiative fire away...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 06 2020, 07:40

Last chance. Put up magical shield to face the elemental and then try to free the last child.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 06 2020, 09:10

Aware that his exposed back has a deadly elemental behind it Prof Wynde stays the course and turns to the last statue!

OOC Negation 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,1,+0 Total:3 FAILED AND POWER BURNS OUT! Doh. That's the problem right there with power burnout...

Suddenly the magic of the amulet fades and Prof Wynde knows he's in trouble! He turns and raises his hands to ward of the incoming attack!

OOC Whilst the creature is formed by magic it's a tricky one as to whether magic shield would actually protect him as it attacks physically rather than magically. Luckily the amulet provides physical protection with 10RV

The Earth golem strides to Prof Wynde and swings with a giant fist that could take his head off!

OOC Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:7 (17) vs
Dex 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,12,+0 Total:22 (29) ATTACK MISSED!

Prof Wynde had three game pieces now. Would they, along with the one Wonder Man hopefully held onto, be enough to close the gateway if thrown at the game board? That would leave this one still in the possession of the statue/student with the Earth golem still rampaging!

OOC Wynde wins initiative...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 06 2020, 13:20

Grab the statue and fly back to the school. Leave the statue where the police have their cars parked to set up a perimeter.

"I'm Prof. Wynde and I am trying to resolve this issue, officers," he says quickly. "Keep this statue safe! It is actually a kid who has been petrified. With luck, I may be able to free him in a little bit. Without luck, tomorrow."

Then head back to the room and see how Wonder Man is doing.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 06 2020, 21:44

Scooping up the statue and grunting under the weight of a 6' statue of solid stone prof Wynde races off, leaving the Earth Golem on the roof and shaking a fist at him! Left unchecked the creature would cause havoc, property damage and threaten life... He was glad to see the three freed students had recovered enough to get off the roof and were running away from the scene!

Flying as fast as he could with the statue under his arm Prof Wynde swooped down and placed the statue gently in the car park much to the amazement of the gathered cops, some of whom drew weapons and looked concerned.

OOC Charisma unskilled check to persuade the cops he's a good guy.

Infl 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,6,+0 Total:14 (24) vs
Infl 3 + 4 unskilled + 4 multi attack + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (22)

+2EV (to 12 Aura) vs RV 11= 1 RAPs success.

The cops relaxed and one said "Good to know you're on our side. I don't know what's going on up there but we sent some of our guys up there after one of our colleagues stopped responding to radio hails. She's up there on our own and the guys we sent up say some kind of crazy wind is blowing them back..."

They respond and look at the statue. "Wow! This is lifelike!"

Prof Wynde raced up to the building and soared up stairwells on winds that carried him effortlessly! He passed cops trying to fight against winds but they didn't bother the mage as he raced down the hallway ignoring the cops shouts behind.

The cop was still outside with her arms crossed calmly ignoring the winds and she turned to see Prof Wynde and glanced at the clenched fist with game pieces. "Outside underpants man is not doing so well. He seems to be rather rusty, but in truth he's protecting that game piece rather than battling the enemy." she said, matter of factly.

Prof Wynde stepped up to the doorway and shielded his eyes. inside the game board was glowing bright as the sun and it was tricky to see, but the creature was much bigger and more powerful than when he'd left! Wonder Man was wrestling with it and finding most of the time he grabbed nothing but air! His other hand was clenched and held away as he kicked, punched and butted the cyclone as it attacked!

The man from the past had taken a horrible beating but wasn't giving in, and looked defiant as he snarled "You'll get this over my dead body!"

"That is my intention." stated the demon...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 06 2020, 22:01

"Amazing Man, give it to me," Prof. Wydne yelled over the roaring winds.

ooc: Since the medallion burned out on the last kid, how long do I have to wait to try again against the demon? Or what was I supposed to do? For some reason I am blanking out. I don't know how you keep track of all the characters. I'm having a hard enough time with just three. pig
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 06 2020, 22:49

OOC The game pieces gathered together and tossed into the bright white glowing game board will close the gateway for this demon and restrict his ability to drain souls to gather his strength. You have three, the other is in the car park and you have an Earth Elemental rampaging in the town streets but the other three have been vanquished.

That leaves the demon with the game board, the demon inhabiting the police and Wonder Man getting a pasting.

The Medallion burned out on the fourth use and will take an hour to repower. Wonder Man won't last an hour against the board game monster whilst he is handicapped with one hand holding the game piece. However...

Taking another wind punch to the side of the head and sprawled to the floor. He was bloodied, battered, and stumbling but still defiant.

"Y... you'll never... g... get it off me!" he roared then looked up to see Prof Wynde. He reached forward to hand the hero the game piece. Then took a kick to the head for his trouble and was booted clean through the wall with debris and plaster flying everywhere!

With four game pieces in his hand now the game board/gateway couldn't be instantly closed (two were still missing - one was with the statue) and this demon was still pulling away from the board as hard as it could to escape into this dimension!

The Demon turned as if it were sensing what Prof Wynde planned to do. "Do not cast those game pieces into the board! I shall grant you a boon, power beyond your imagination if you hand them to mortals! DO IT!" it snarled.

OOC keeping track of stuff is always a challenge. I don't always get it right and have to re-read what's gone before a lot of the time. I have the feeling I have mislaid the final unaccounted for Game Piece in my summary...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 07 2020, 02:28

"Power I can't get on my own with hard work and skill," Prof. Wynde replies. "Your power comes at too great a price."

actions: set up a wind barrier around myself, move into the room and place the 4 pieces into the game board.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 08 2020, 03:21

This time Prof Wynde finds his air control spells are adequate to protect from the Demon's power. It seems that by vanquishing the other demons that had come through the game board/portal it was now taking all of its strength and power to gain a foothold!

Moving to the game board and shielded by his power, Prof Wynde hears the creature shriek "Aiiiiieeeeh! The pull to my home dimension is too strong! I cannot fight it!"

The game board glows and flashes too brightly to see for a moment and Prof Wynde must shield his eyes!

When the glow fades the wind has died down, leaving the room and most of the others on this floor of the building as a dishevelled ruin!

"Now all of my power is required to remain in this dimension!" says the police woman behind Prof Wynde. "I have formed a bond with this brave lady, officer Jennifer Coles. If she decides to summon me, I can step through the barriers of time and mystery to manifest in this world for a short time only before the pull becomes too strong! Guard the game and the pieces well, mortal, for it and others like it can be used unwittingly to bring great peril on this world! Now ... the pull is too strong for me to stay! Farewell... for now!"

Though the words came from Jenny Coles the demon had clearly been the one speaking and she looked bewildered a moment later as she looked about. "What a mess! I knew students were messy but this?". She steadies herself on the door frame and mutters "I remember certain things, as if in a dream... the Demons TRUE name... which will summon him for a short while to bond with me..."

OOC As you might tell I've let the various comics you've posted in the OOC section influence the adventure and the characters. We'll have to build up a friends and foes gallery for Prof Wynde at this rate to keep track of them!

The red and yellow garbed hero from a time gone by, otherwise known as Wonder Man, stumbled through the wreckage clutching his head! "That creature must have used all its power to battle me! I feel like a herd of elephants has run over me, then gone back for seconds! He's gone though, which means you defeated him! The only question for me now is... what next? I am a man out of time, and this world is so strange, changed, challenging... is there a place in it for me?"

The trio of the magician, the time mis-placed hero and the lady cop who had a magical bond with a demon stood in the ruins of the room even as footsteps announced the arrival of the cops in the building. There remained the question of the boy in stone form and the elemental in town to deal with though!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 08 2020, 11:33

"Let's answer the police's questions first," Dr. Wynde told the other two, "then see what I can do for the boy still trapped in stone, then there is a rampaging demon elemental to take care of if freeing the boy hasn't sent it back to where it belongs. Then ... maybe some fish and chips?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 08 2020, 21:26

"I'd rather avoid the police questions!" declared Wonder Man.

"As would I" said Officer Coles. "They'll lock me up faster than you can say 'What happened to you'... and I don't have a clue! I need a lie down..."

Even as she said it Prof Wynde saw something about her. An aura of magic that suggested her trials and troubles were only just beginning!

Coles turned to Wonder Man. "Go. Deal with the elemental or whatever in the town. Are you sure you're ok? Youo took quite a beating!" she asked of the man from the past.

"It's a new experience, I'll grant you. Back in the day I dealt with saboteurs and people who appeared to have slightly different colour skin or came from a different place, rather than actual super powers and things that could hurt me. I seem to be healing reasonably quickly though, so the magic may be working." replied Wonder Man. "I'll be in the town, dealing with the elemental!"

He stepped out the window, then a moment later he popped his head in to ask "Which way?"

=========

"So... you say your name is Professor Wynde and that you have magic powers and you defeated a demon from another dimension that tried to get to this world through a boardgame?" asked the Police detective.

"Where your story makes no sense is the statue. There's no statue in the car park."

Prof Wynde gaped and rushed from the corridor with the police trailing. Sure enough, the statue was gone!

What happened? Next thing, Wonder Man landed in the car park with police pulling guns and pointing at him! He ignored them all and walked up to Prof Wynde. "I looked ALL over town. It took a while but from the air it's...oh hello officers. I'm with Prof Wynde. The Elemental you mentioned was gone!"

The Detective frowned and looked about. "Ok guys guns away. The Elemental IS gone! It entered the park, we surrounded it, then ... nothing. It was bulletptoof so we're pretty glad we didn't have to take it on. Something is going on!"

Wonder Man turned to Prof Wynde. "The park? What's happening?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 08 2020, 22:01

"I don't understand," a confused Professor Wynde said, "I turned over the statue to you policemen, telling them it was a boy who was petrified. Are you telling me that none of you remember that or of taking the statue under your control? Oh, and this is Wonder Man."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 09 2020, 19:13

One of the cops looked embarrassed. "Well... I watched it, like the sarge said. But... it was a statue and... well, it didn't move, it didn't do ANYTHING!"

"After a few minutes I heard the shouting and all the commotion, but figured I'd be able to help somewhere. The statue wasn't going to come alive and walk off, now was it?"

He looked sheepish. "Either someone stole it or it... errr... came alive and walked off."

Wonder Man rolled his eyes slightly. "It's good to know the police are as diligent and competent as they were in my time."

Officer Coles walked past, rubbing her forehead and Wonder Man nudged Prof Wynde to gesture towards her.

The Sergeant in the meantime scowled. "Murphy, I'm havin words down at the station ya galoot. As for you two, don't go nowhere! The Lt got more questions fer ya an' the paperwork on this mess is gonna take an age!"

He stalked off, shaking his head. "Capes. Uhhh my ulcers gonna play up after this mess..."

Wonder Man frowned. "This reminds me of the time I left behind. All red tape, lawyers chasing me and wanted by the Police for questioning on all the trumped up charges levelled at me. I don't want that - I may as well go back on ice! Plus I need to find some kind of life as... as... I'm legally dead aren't I?" He sagged and sat down on a low wall. in the last couple of minutes Prof Wynde had seen Wonder Man's bruises fade and vanish! If only his life was so easy to fix...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 09 2020, 19:28

"OOP will help you out, Wonder Man," Prof. Wynde said while looking around. "They are the Order of Preservers. I don't know if you are familiar with them. They were around back in your day too. They are the folks who trained me and a number of other magical heroes across the world here in the modern day."

"Now let me concentrate and see if I can find our missing statue ....." Use Magic Sense to see if I can find any other magic sources other than us two and our equipment and which direction that source might be at.

"See if you can get Officer Coles to come join us while I concentrate, please."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next