The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost!

2 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 5 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost!

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Apr 17 2020, 15:54

"No! Wait! I was just thinking about doing that too but after thinking about it for a bit, that idea comes under "Bad thing", so let's not do that," Prof. Wynde says hurriedly. "Instead, I guess we leave it alone and move further into the lair and see what we will see."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 5 Empty Re: Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost!

Post  Admin Sun Apr 19 2020, 08:37

Using the guttering torch for light, the pair inch further into the lair. Prof Wynde is mindful of pitfalls and traps whilst Wonder Man, fully recovered from the beating he took earlier, seems blissfully fearless and confident in his ability to withstand harm!

With the necklace he now wore Prof Wynde had a measure of invulnerability himself.

That said...

OOC Int 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:22 (27) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:13 (20)

+4 EV (to 10 Will) vs RV7=3 RAPs

1) There is a trap set into the floor
2-3) the markings on the wall correspond to the correct sequence of paving slabs on which to step. Stepping on others will release an ancient evil!

Prof Wynde stops and Wonder Man turns, pausing. "What is it Prof? You see something?" he peers into the darkness. By the superheroes' foot is a paving slab slightly raised from the others that Prof Wynde suspects will trigger the trap! Wonder man turns and his heel brushes the slab...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 19 2020, 14:44

"Careful! Magic Trap! You will release an ancient evil if you step on it. I see how we can step on certain spots in order to pass it safely ... or you could leap over it to ... there," he says pointing to the safe spot beyond the trap, "and I can fly over it. Wanna step past or jump?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 19 2020, 15:31

OOC ugh back to chugging. Watching a circle spin with every post.

Wonder Man shrugged "huh." he leapt across the gap whilst Prof Wynde flew over the slabs and landed gently on the other side.

"That's a neat trick!" admitted Wonder Man. I had wondered if i would ever figure out how to fly but I guess I'll have to live with jumping huge distances and running really fast.

The pair took longer to progress as the sloping corridor gave way to a stairwell. A number of the steps were trap triggers and Prof Wynde, knowing now what to look for, was able to point out where not to step.

Finally, deep in the bowels of the earth, the pair levelled out and Wonder Man wiped his brow. "Whew! It sure is getting hot down here!" That wasn't all! There was a sound, distant, like chanting going on. The corridor ended a hundred feet or so with a curve and the walls reflected orange as if from flames!

The heroes crept along the corridor and the chanting got louder.

Peering round the corridor the pair feel a wave of heat assail them! The glow from molten lava and huge flames is almost too much to face and it takes a few moments for them to adjust their sight. What they see is terrifying!

The statue of the student is hovering, unsuspended, over a pool of molten lava! There are thirteen tall cloaked/hooded figures stood in a circle all chanting in a long forgotten dead tongue!

From where Wonder Man and Prof Wynde are, the circle around the lava pool and the suspended statue are around 100' away. Between them is a huge wall of fire and something else.

Something moving in the flames. An elemental of fire, but one that looks uncannily like a dragon!

"Right!" hisses Wonder Man, flexing his fists. "Time to bump some skulls and get that statue back!" He tenses, about to leap then turns to Prof Wynde. "Unless you have, uh, a plan?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 19 2020, 16:51

"Can you leap over that magical flame and grab that statue," Prof. Wynde asks. "It really is a youngster who has been transformed into the statue. If you can grab the statue and bring it over here behind us, then I can set up a tornado to plow through them all and then you can wade in and fight to your heart's content."

ooc: if he agrees with this, will hold my action until I see if he can get the statue back to us safely. If he can, then Prof. Wydne will use air control to create a huge horizontal tornado and aim to go through the flames and knockback everyone into the wall closest to each one of them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 19 2020, 19:36

"No sweat!" replies the hero. With little to think about the scientist in the hero is left on the back burner as Wonder Man sprints for the flames!

Prof Wynde watches the man from the past charge for the flames, then at the last moment leap through the fire!

Cringing, Prof Wynde sees the hero grab for the statue and land only feet away from one of the cloaked and hooded figures who gapes at the intrusion!

Instantly there is uproar and the gathered people in cloak/hoods start charging about, shouting and surging towards Wonder Man who 'batters up' with the statue and makes ready to pound them into the lava pool!

Prof Wynde sees that Wonder Man is preparing to leap back to where he is standing but sees that the flame wall is forming up into a golden dragon, twenty feet high and with mighty wings and a long tail! It also moves impossibly fast for something so big, with reactions that would impress the fastest striking snake! It roared and sucked in a huge breath to fire at Wonder Man!

"The statue! No SURTURA, I COMMAND YOU, DON'T DESTROY THE STATUE!" bellows one of the cloaked/hooded people. Another shouts out "You must kill the intruder though!"

The fantastic animal growls and roars its frustration but reaches with a clawed hand to swipe at Wonder Man!

OOC Surtura Dex 10 + three dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,9,2,1,4,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,6,+0 Total:14 (24) vs
Wonder Man Dex 11 + three dice acrobatics + Roll(5d12)+0: 6,10,1,3,1,+0 Total:16 (27) ATTACK MISSED

"Too slow beast! And good job! It's like being stood close to a furnace when you come close!" laughed Wonder Man. He seemed unable to quite grasp the danger he was in!

Prof Wynde recognised the name - it was an avatar, a child, of the legendary Norse Fire Giant SURTUR! That, then was the goal - to use the magic locked up in that statue, and the soul therein, to open a gate in the lava pool for the Fire Giant to come through, and unleash hell on earth!

OOC Next round its initiative, but Prof Wynde acts now at the end of this round. When he does act those in the cavern will be alerted to his presence as he's hidden in the shadows at the moment. Wonder Man is powerful but this beasty will bounce him about if he's not careful and in terms of physical power there will be only one winner in a battle between the two and it won't be Wonder Man! You can use your dice action to attack or use Occultist to wrack your brain for a solution to this problem!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 20 2020, 02:37

"Get out of the way and get the boy to safety," Prof. Wynde bellows to Wonder Man, who seemed to have forgotten he was supposed to come back with the statue.

He attacks the dragon with his tornado instead of everyone, to try and get an opening for Wonder Man to leap back.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20 2020, 10:14

OOC Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:17 (27) vs
OV7 + Fluid Form 2 + surprise attack -4 - blindside -2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:15 (18)

+4 EV (to 14) vs RV17= NO DAMAGE

"What's this?" bellows the Dragon as it turns in the darkness. "A puny mortal, and a mage no less! HAHAHAHA they taste... DELICIOUS!"

OOC initiative...

Roll(4d12)+0:
7 Prof Wynde (31)
3 Wonder Man (28)
3 Surtura, son of Surtur! (32)

The Dragon turns to Wonder Man. "Drop the statue mortal and I shall let you have a swift death!"

OOC he defers his action till the round end.

The coven of warlocks is scattering for the shadows of the cave and whilst Prof Wynde senses magic about ALL of them it seems to be something they are using. Some totem or artefact, that grants the power rather than it being innate. That they know the occult to an expert level is in no doubt though and they were trying to use the statue and the elemental to somehow open the circular lava pit in such a way as to allow access for this dragons' sire to enter the realm of man! Their plans, rushed and hasty, were now foiled as they would have to start their incantations again which would take many hours.

Hours they would have if the Dragon felled the heroes and secured the statue!

Prof Wynde knew the coven were a threat, but the main threat was that Dragon!

OOC Perception Check Int 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:15 (20) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8 (14)

+3 EV (to will 9) vs RV6=3 RAPs

1) There are some large stalactites hanging from the ceiling everywhere
2-3) This cave, or series of caves, may have water in them somewhere. A creature composed of fire and lava as this seems to be would struggle against water cooling its hide! Why, it might even turn into an instant statue! Unfortunately in this chamber there is only the circular lava pit.

Prof Wynde to act, then Wonder Man, then the Dragon and finally the coven
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 20 2020, 11:55

Going to hold until Wonder Man acts, I need him out of the way. Hopefully he will listen and get back here with the statue so we can both attack from one direction and not be in each other's way. If he doesn't, then plan B.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20 2020, 12:21

"Oooh, I could really batter up with this thing! Give you a smack like the 'Babe' in hi prime!" said Wonder Man.

"Still, the Prof knows best. GANGWAY!"

He leaps with the statue under his arm and crashed through the wall of flame to land and sprint for the corridor where Prof Wynde was waiting. "I'll just keep going doc! They never expected us to be here to steal the statue!"

Indeed he appeared to be right, for the 'coven' of warlocks gaped, watching the red blur sprint down the corridor. "What! get the statue! He... GET HIM!"

The Dragon looked furious, and for the first time Prof Wynde noticed that at least one part of the creature was draped or in contact with the circular lava pool!

Meanwhile the coven could have come up with magic powers or swords or whatever... instead they were fishing about for... TOMMY GUNS!

OOC Prof Wynde is up
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 20 2020, 12:41

"Really? Guns? For a magic cult? You guys are the worst," Prof. Wynde grumps.

"Texas Tornado and Cleveland Cyclone, bring down the wraith of the skies upon my foes," he intones, "casting" the spell that will let him down a horizontal tornado against all the stalactites in the ceiling.

The idea is to bring them down both to crash into the ground and maybe opening up the floor a bit but also if there is any large water source in the ceiling, maybe cause it to come down into the cave.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 20 2020, 23:29

OOC Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,3,+0 Total:8 (18) vs
OV8 (body of the rock in here. Attacking a specific growth would be trickier in some respects but easier to break) + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,7,+0 Total:12 (20) FAILED

The Stalactites would take a heftier gust of air than Prof Wynde could currently whip up!

He frowned, knowing if he'd been successful the entire cave roof would have come down with one growth crashing into another and causing a chain reaction.

The Dragon sucks its breath in and BLOWS flame out in a torrent resembling a full force hurricane!

OOC Multi Attack on both heroes...

Flame Project 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (20) vs
highest OV 11 + Multi Attack 2 + three acrobatics dice + Roll(5d12)+0: 12,9,8,5,2,+0 Total:21 (32)

Attack Missed

Thanks to the Dragon trying to target the pair of heroes and Wonder Man having superb reflexes, it missed both and Wonder Man laughed out loud "Too slow Lizard!" he guffawed. Turning to Prof Wynde he said "What say we stash this statue out the way then bring this whole place down on these clowns?"

Then he frowned. "Say... do they have M1921's in this era too? I would have thought things had moved on a bit... uh oh that Dragon looks about ready to breathe again!"

"Those goons with the guns are... look out!"

A roar filled the cavern and threatened to deafen everyone as some of the coven opened fire!

OOC three attacks on each of you!

On Prof Wynde...

AV5 + 1 weaponry die +
1) Roll(3d12)+0: 12,1,1,+0 Total:13 (18)
2) Roll(3d12)+0: 4,9,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,11,+0 Total:35 (40) Uh oh
3) Roll(3d12)+0: 10,10,5,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:37 (42) Ouch

Prof Wynde tries to avoid...
OV7 + Range 2
1) Roll(2d12)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:7 (16) Hit +2 (to 7) vs RV10 (amulet) NO DAMAGE
2) Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:15 (24) Hit +6 (to 11) vs RV10= 1 DAMAGE
3) Roll(2d12)+0: 12,3,+0 Total:15 (24) Hit +6 (to 11) vs RV10= 1 DAMAGE

Prof Wynde is on 4/6 BODY

Prof Wynde got a sudden image of his body smashed, bloodied and broken, falling back, gasping at trying to plug too many holes in his body and thinking he should have whipped up some kind of defensive air wall!

Instead he winced, pulling a face and noting there were two distinct pains - one in his shoulder another in his leg. The amulet was glowing too.

Quite clearly the amulet had saved his life!

OOC Without the amulet he'd have taken 10 damage and be on -4 Body cause these guys aren't messing around!

OOC Against Wonder Man...
AV5 + 1 weaponry die +
Roll(3d12)+0: 10,4,8,+0 Total:18 (23)
Roll(3d12)+0: 6,10,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:18 (23)
Roll(3d12)+0: 4,8,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (20)

Wonder Man laughs at the bullets...
OV11 + range 2+ three dice acrobatics -2 team attack (first two attacks and third gets -4)
Roll(5d12)+0: 9,4,9,3,4,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,10,+0 Total:34 (45)
Roll(5d12)+0: 3,12,8,5,7,+0 Total:20 (31)
Roll(5d12)+0: 8,10,7,2,12,+0 Total:22 (31)

He dances about, ignoring the bullets and calls out to Prof Wynde "You ok there Prof? I saw you get snagged. You bulletproof as well?"

One of the coven who hadn't fired called out "You fools! All of you! Do you want to smash the statue and the magic it contains? Get closer

OOC initiative

Roll(3d12)+0:
4 Prof Wynde (28)
6 Wonder Man (31)
10 Dragon (39)

The Dragon roars then turns "MORTAL! DO NOT SEEK TO ORDER ME AROUND! I AM SURTURA!" and with that he attacks the man in the cloak and hood!

OOC Dex 10 + three dice MArts + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,6,4,12,9,+0 Total:23 (33) vs
Dex 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total:18 (22)

+5EV (to 24) vs RV3=21 Damage. Uhm, crunch.

The Dragon snatches the man up, bites down with a wet squelch, then tips its head back and bites again, swallowing the top half whilst the legs topple into the lava pit!

"Hmmm. That thing means business. I suspect those teeth will cut through even MY skin!" said Wonder Man. "Time to go or ... or what?" he said, with the statue still tucked under his arm, the weight apparently minimal to his superhuman strength.

OOC Wonder Man waits for Prof Wynde to act. Those guys with the tommy guns will cut loose on the heroes and the Dragon this round. It's all gone a bit pear shaped for their plans.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 21 2020, 13:17

"Let's get out with the statue and fight them on the surface," Prof. Wynde replies. "And no, I'm not bulletproof. I've been hit."

actions: Air Control to blow/knockback all the cultists, slamming them into the walls, then run away next chance he gets.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 22 2020, 12:22

Creating a massive gust of wind to throw the cultists off, Prof Wynde starts sprinting down the corridors. They were too tight and twisty in places to fly down and Wonder Man had to slow whilst carrying the statue.

When he runs away he hears a 'click' and with a groan looks up...

AS THE CEILING CAVES IN!

"Arggh! The trap!" screams Wonder Man as a wild tornado springs up from Wyndes' hands and swirls about the pair... and all about rocks fall, crashing roaring tumbling... until everything goes dark!

=========

"What I wouldn't give for a drag on one of those smooth, relaxing Lucky Strikes I had earlier." muttered a voice in the darkness.

Prof Wynde opened his eyes. He was alive, and his eyes had adjusted somewhat to see Wonder Man crouched next to him with what appeared several massive boulders above him!

"I've been awake a little while. I would have given you a shake but... I need both hands to stop the mountain falling on us. We have you to thank for the tornado that slowed the rock fall I guess?" he muttered. "The statue is still in one piece. A big rock was about to fall on it but I stopped it... with my head."

He groaned, his weight shifting and dist fell ominously!

"Can you... reach into my belt? The matches are there. Might shed a little light on this."

Wynde did so and saw they were in a pocket, buried under rocks. "Hopefully snagged a few of those goons with Tommy Guns." said Wonder Man. "Haven't seen them since back when I started. Officer Coles and the others had a gun kind of like a 1911 but i heard one of them say 'Glock' whatever that means. Weird that these guys use older guns, I thought."

"Say, can you help out here?" asked Wonder Man. "I have an itch and... well, I was kind of hoping to dig us out."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 22 2020, 13:57

"Not sure what I can do," Prof Wynde says, "maybe I can figure out which way we were going and then see if the rubble is loose enough and thin enough to dig us out or blast through it without bringing this all down on our heads."

ooc: That's about the only thing I can think of at the moment. Not sure if Military Science can help with this or not, digging out of a cave-in wasn't really covered in how to use explosives, I think. Also, not knowing how far underground we are, not sure if trying to move the earth over our heads and blast free that way works either.

"And I have no idea why they were using Tommy Guns. I think those went out of style for better weapons in the late 1940s or early 1950s, after the Korean War."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 23 2020, 00:29

Wonder Man "hummms." Then he sighs and says "Ok, I'm going to try something. When I lift, I want you to scamper out and drag that statue as best you can."

"The thing is..." he huffs. "If this goes REALLY wrong we might both be crushed to death."

OOC Wonder Man pushes his strength... Uh oh.

Str 13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,10,+0 Total:22 (35) vs
Ov13 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (27)

+4EV (to 17) vs RV13=4RAPs. Wonder Man boosts his Str to 17!

With a "RARRRRRRRRGGGGH!" Wonder Man straightens and lifts far more than he has EVER done! He stands and straightens, holding with bulging muscles the rocks above his head and thus those on top of those. Countless tons (OOC well about 3000 actually) shift about and Prof Wynde grabs the statue, dragging it as best he can through the small gap opened up by Wonder Man's efforts!

When the hero sees Prof Wynde and statue out he mutters "H... H... Hurry! I can't..."

Suddenly there is a crash and BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!! as the stones tumble about and smash down!

Dust fills the air and Prof Wynde covers his eyes and mouth and his head from falling rocks, of which there are many.

Despite being struck more times than he can count Prof Wynde is uninjured thanks to the magical necklace about his neck which glows brightly with every blow!

As it starts to clear he looks about... and sees a hand poking from underneath a boulder! using his air control frantically along with his superhuman strength he moves the boulders and sees Wonder Man prone under the mound of rocks!

The hero is still alive, thankfully, as he stirs and looks about. "I'm... uhhh stand back Prof." Using his terrific strength he struggles he way out and gasps for breath. "I may be the mightiest mortal on earth but I'm feeling distinctly well used up and second hand by now."

Prof Wynde sighs with relief and looks about. The passageway they were heading down was completely blocked, as the one they'd come from was. However a side passage had opened up. Rough hewn and narrow but wide enough (just) to get the statue down. Where it lead to, who knew, but if it was away from the Dragon that would be a good thing.

Wonder Man stood and straightened up, dusting himself down. "Narrow escape that, Prof. We don't want any more ceilings falling on us, chum!"

Somewhere behind the rocks there was a noise...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 23 2020, 01:53

Prof. Wydne nods, "stronger man I ever met, anyway, though in this time period it may no longer be true."

Use Air Control to feel the drift of the wind in this new tunnel, it will help determine which way to go as we want to follow the fresher air out.

"Let's get moving. If we can get a few minutes without pursuit, I can try to return this boy to normal and we can take the magic figure from him. That is ... if we get a few minutes to ourselves."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 23 2020, 09:18

Using his power in a new and interesting way (OOC never would have thought of that!) Prof Wynde determined that this tunnel did indeed lead - eventually to the surface.

The pair threaded their way through, lightning another match and fashioning a torch to replace the one that was lost after Wonder Man burns his tattered shirt. Bare chested and muscular, he can't help but grin. "I was always in pretty good shape but when the Yogi gave me these powers i became more like Johnny Weissmuller!" he gave a flex then sighed. "I thought I'd impress Nora. Or Brenda whatever she was called, but didn't get much of a chance beyond a stolen first kiss. My activities as a super hero were curtailed not long after I put a stop to a foreign war. A place called Tatonia. Did you know it? Anyway, on home soil I seemed to be chased by cops and lawyers. After talking to the Yogi he suggested I wait for a better time then you came along. And here we are!"

He stopped, looked around in the cool, dank tunnel and harrumphed "Not much of a glorious return to heroic life."

Behind in the tunnels somewhere there was a distant glow. "Uh oh. That Dragon might be burning its way out!"

Sure enough the tunnels started to rumble and dust fell from the ceiling. With a nervous glance up Wonder Man turned to Prof Wynde "I don't think we'll be lucky enough to survive another rockfall! Do you want to risk running for it again? I hope this side tunnel doesn't have any booby traps like the last one or we're done for!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 23 2020, 09:35

OOC Did a little digging into Magicman's past and he's not as old as I thought he was (though still some fifty odd years). Anyway, also had a crack with Heromachine, mostly got it right?

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 5 Pro-Wynde-heromachine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 23 2020, 11:44

ooc: Looks pretty good.

"Let's fly," Prof. Wynde agrees. "I'll go first and try to warn you if there is a trap you need to jump over."

Prof. Wynde summons the winds to let him fly down the corridor, holding onto the torch while Wonder Man holds onto the statue.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 24 2020, 08:29

Flying was a haphazard affair, bouncing from walls and Wonder man soon found it faster to run with the statue under his arm than try to stop the statue smashing into and off walls.

It took what felt like an age but the orange glow was soon left behind.

Finally the path started to slope upwards and a faint light could be seen. Good job - the makeshift torch hadn't lasted long and blundering in the dark would have cut ordinary people to shreds on sharp walls. Not so these two, who moved tirelessly albeit slower as they felt their way about.

"Whoa!" said Wonder Man as he paused at the end of the corridor path.

"This doesn't look... like Kansas..." he said, looking about "any more..."

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 5 View

It was cooler, some 8-10 degrees Prof Wynde guessed. The landscape was rugged, wild and beautiful in a sparse unspoilt kind of way, and the air felt fresher too.

Setting the statue down carefully Wonder Man turned, looked about then bounded to what was the top of a mountain. From there he looked about...

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 5 Snowdon-Summit

OOC ignore the hikers, you're on your own on the summit of a mountain. You may have to click on the picture but if it doesn't work, it's a panorama view 360 degrees of Snowdonia.

Try THIS (CLICK!)

"Great Caesar! We're nowhere near where we were!" exclaimed Wonder Man and he hopped down the mountain to stand by Prof Wynde. Just then there was a rumbling coming from the tunnel and a glance down revealed a glowing, building force of orange light heading to the exit.. FAST!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Apr 24 2020, 14:15

"I have no idea where we are," Prof Wynde agreed, while moving out of the way of the oncoming dragon, he thinks that's what is coming. "But let's get down to that lake! If we are going to fight a fire dragon, water and I mean lots of water will help."

Air Control to fly down to the lake. Put up magic shield and face where the dragon should be coming from.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 26 2020, 08:36

The pair (and the statue) hurry down the mountainside to the lake and look back up at the mountain.

Seconds later there is a brightening glow that flares and a roar of thunder that signals a TORRENT of fire flooding down the corridor and BLASTING from the hillside of huge amounts of rock and lava that sprayed out for hundreds of feet in every direction!

However, the result of that was that the cave entrance collapsed and filled in, sealing the dragon in the mountain!

Wonder Man breathed a sigh of relief. "If that thing had gotten out it could have blasted us from the air with little we could do in response!"

He sagged to the floor and leaned over to scoop up a handful of water. "Now what? We must be miles from where we were, but at the speed we move that won't be a problem. If you can change this statue back at any time we're maybe better off doing so when we get to a town so I don't have to carry a wriggler."

"Say... can you hear something?" he said. "A buzzing... sounds like a plane from somewhere." he bounds up a canyon side in several mighty leaps and Prof Wynde joins him.

Professor Wynde issue #1 - The finer things in life cost! - Page 5 Snowdonia-again

They see a distant dot flying through the sky. Wonder Man squints, covering his eyes from the suns glare. "I'm a pilot, as well as an engineer and inventor. That's not an American plane that I recognise. Something else. Maybe a war plane." he muttered.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 26 2020, 09:04

"Can you see any markings on its wings or tail," Prof. Wynde asks worriedly. "I hate to really really think what I am thinking right now because my thinking runs into we have not only been moved in space but time as well. Let's see if I can free the young man from his stone prison, it will make things easier for us, I hope. Keep an eye on it."

Try to unstone the boy. It's been over an hour so he should be able to try now, right?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 27 2020, 12:19

"Beats me." said Wonder Man shielding his eyes and trying to make out markings. "Circles under the wings. Doesn't look like one of ours." he mutters.

Prof Wynde turns to the statue that Wonder Man set down and rubbed his amulet, hoping that the magic had been restored.

OOC it has indeed. Negate 10+ Roll(2d12)+0: 6,9,+0 Total:15 (25) vs
Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:15

+4 (to 14) vs RV0= FULL RESTORED NEUTRALIZE 10

Neutralize 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:15 (huh, three rolls all 15 different results..) (25) vs
Petrification 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,7,+0 Total:12 (19)

+3EV (to 13) vs RV7=6 RAPs

Prof Wynde forces his magic through the amulet at the statue and it darkens, then starts changing, adding colour...

OOC last bit Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:16 +10 Neutralize (26) vs
OV1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,9,+0 Total:17 (18)

+4 (to 14) vs RV1=13 RAPs. SUCCESS

All of a sudden a youth stumbles forward, completely human! "Wha...? Where... Guys we need to stop...!" he spluttered then looked about. "What the heck is going on? Who are you? Did the others carry on their stupid plan of playing that crazy game? I told them it was... WHERE AM I?" he cried, then fished in his pocket for his smartphone. "Huh, no signal."

Wonderman, bare chested and powerful, walked over. "So this kid is one of those who caused all the bother eh? Maybe he needs a swift cuff round the head to teach him a lesson!" said Wonderman, walking forward to deliver said blow. Before he could the kid looks up and splutters "Wow! Is that a spitfire? World War 2 is my favourite history subject! My great grandpa fought in the Pacific!"

He ignored Wonderman and pulled up his phone to take a picture. "Where am I and and why can't I get a phone signal?" asked the boy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next