The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK!

3 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 9 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 15 2020, 12:11

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

Holmes glanced at Haunt then continued "I work for the crown and am set on my course sir. I will return the grail to the possession of the monarch of this country. We are arrayed against dark powers who seek to use it for their own ends, not least of which is the return.. resurrection if you will... of a sorceress called Morgana le Fay."

Bearded Man glanced around at stone guy and the two wand wielders. "That... changes things.. but we are set on our course. the Order of Protective Sorcerers shall have the grail and will stop at nothing to get it. Then we shall determine the best use for it. Oppose us at your peril Mr Holmes. We have already set events in motion and unfortunately I cannot trust you to sit idle while we chase the Grail - which has already departed these shores. Therefore we have arranged for you to... take a trip."

Stone Man flexed his fists, wand wielders raised their weapons, Bearded Man stood, arms spread...

"Holmes! Get out of this room," the Haunt snaps. "I'm going to let loose!"

actions: Activate Fog. If I can activate another power then attack with Fear targeting those in the room minus Holmes.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 9 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 15 2020, 12:37

Admin wrote:STEEPLEJACK DIFFICULTY 3 HP 42

"You head in that direction at your best speed to a public house known as the Tolling Bell... if you want to help Holmes and Haunt..." She blinked, eyes normal then looked about. "I'll get this young lady in a fit state."

Steeplejack didn't need to be told twice, he nodded to Mina saying, "Your safe here, I'll be back with friends, soon." And he lept out the window bounced off a carriage lept high onto the adjacent rooftop and took off like a cat on a hot tin roof. Leaping and bounding, clinging to walls and scaling them as best he could always seeking to keep the direction indicated by Constanza in mind as he looked for a sign, The Tolling Bell...what had Haunt & Holmes got themselves into? What would he make of these power-hungry sorcerers?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 15 2020, 12:55

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

Holmes is blocked by the pair at the door with wands and Haunt fills the room with blinding fog! Blinding to all but him...

Putting on his spooky persona Haunt spread his cape out and projected his Aura of fear to all but Holmes!

OOC Aura of Fear attack...

AoF 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4 Ouch. The dice do indeed seem to hate you. However you don't have a power burnout so can keep having a go. AVT 14 vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total:17 (25) Bearded Man
OV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:17 (20) Stone Man
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,9,+0 Total:17 (23) Wand Woman and I'm starting to think the dice are fixed.
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (16) Wand Man and ... phew.

Diff 3 boosts all of those OVTs and doesn't really make any difference because of that puny roll of 4

The gathered people ignore Haunts theatrics and attack the Hero!

OOC Bearded Man tries to Mystic Freeze Haunt!

Mystic Freeze 10 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:13 (26) vs
OV8 + FOG OV 4 + Range 1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,5,+0 Total:14 (27) Attack Failed. Just.

Stone Man stumbles through the fog and takes a swing!

OOC Dex 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (20) vs
Haunt OV 10 - Diff 3 + 3D Acro + Fog 4 + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,12,4,7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,2,+0 Total:20 (31) Attack Missed

The giant swings through the fog and misses wildly!

Wand Man points his magic wand at Haunt!

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (22) vs
OV8 - Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:10 (15) +4 (to 13) vs RV10=3 RAPs damage. Haunt is on 7/10 Spirit

Wand Woman blasts at Holmes!

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,1,+0 Total:3 FAIL and POWER BURNOUT!

The woman curses as the Wand makes a few ineffectual sparks and Holmes shouts loudly "Language young lady!" before he drops to the floor between the wand wielding man and the woman! "I'll take care of this fellow with the Wand, Haunt!" he calls out.

OOC Haunt is up again... Those dice though... Shocked

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 15 2020, 13:08

STEEPLEJACK DIFFICULTY 3 HP 42

Few looked up into the leaden skies above London. There was rarely any point with the sun blocked out from pollution and smog for the most part.

Leaping from rooftop to rooftop Steeplejack knew it would take minutes to get across the six miles or so to where he expected the pub to be in the East End of London.

With a gesture he summoned a clod of earth to leap up from the ground to jump under his feet!

OOC Earth Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,12,+0 Total:14 (24) vs
OV2 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:8 (13) +5 (to 15) vs RV5=10RAPs. One mile moved, 5 remain.

Steeplejack soars through the sky and the fog covering his mouth and only the odd "Gor blimey!" suggests the odd dancing chimney sweep as he looks up and sees... something.

Pouring on the speed Steeplejack grips to the edge of the clod of Earth and pushes his power some!

OOC We call this Going For Broke and it works like the attack Critical Blow. You can decide whether to increase the Opposing value by +4, +8, +12 or +16 but reduce the Resistance Value by a dramatic amount too. +4/-6 is the safe option.

Earth Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:17 (how many 17s???) (27) vs
OV2 + Diff 3 + GFB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,5,+0 Total:14 (23) +3 (to 13) vs RV5 (-6 GFB)=14RAPs.

WooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Steeplejack/Jack Gibb couldn't help but give out a WHOOP! as he shot forward and there was a CRACK! as the sound barrier was broken probably for the first time in all of recorded human history! Windows rattled or cracked and people gasped, looking about in panic as Victorian Britain experienced something that was terrifying and mystifying!

Almost as soon as he sped up Steeplejack applied the brakes and looked down to the winding route of the river Thames.

Somewhere down there was the Tolling Bell pub...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 15 2020, 13:25

Almost as soon as he sped up Steeplejack applied the brakes and looked down to the winding route of the river Thames.

Somewhere down there was the Tolling Bell pub...

Setting the clump of earth in the Thames, Steeplejack quickly found a street where he could stop a passer-by and ask of the whereabouts of the Public House he was after, hoping that his timing wasn't too late.

OOC: If that fails will see if can use my danger sense as before with homing in on Mina and Harkness, to local Haunt & Holmes.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 15 2020, 14:10

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11
The woman curses as the Wand makes a few ineffectual sparks and Holmes shouts loudly "Language young lady!" before he drops to the floor between the wand wielding man and the woman! "I'll take care of this fellow with the Wand, Haunt!" he calls out.

OOC Haunt is up again... Those dice though... Shocked

ooc: Okay, now on the work computer. That may trick the dice into doing a good roll for me. Seems I roll bad when on home computer and good when on work computer. So one more try with Fear.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 16 2020, 11:15

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

OOC Aura of Fear attack...

AoF 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,11,+0 Total:12 (22) vs
OV8 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:17 (28) Bearded Man FAILED
OV3 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,12,+0 Total:19 (25) Stone Man FAILED
OV6 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (20) Wand Woman +2 (to 12) vs Rv6 + Diff 3 (9)=3 RAPs.
OV5 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:43 (51) Wand Man FAILED

Marginally better but not so much as you'd notice. That difficulty 3 stopped you from affecting Stone Face.

The Woman screams then starts hammering at the door, walls, any way she can in which to get out! Unfortunately with the fog there's no easy way to find it so she continues to search but screams the whole time!

These people must be made of something sterner than the usual cowardly criminal lot Haunt faces or that time thing is once more making things harder for him!

Haunt scowls beneath the mask but next up needs to prepare himself as the stone giant starts swinging again! The Bearded Man shouts "Ignore Holmes get the man in white!"

Mystic Freeze 10 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,5,+0 Total:15 (28) vs
OV8 + FOG OV 4 + Range 1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:19 (32) Attack Failed.

Stone Man continues to swing wildly in the fog and hopes to land a blow!

OOC Dex 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:27 (34)
Haunt OV 10 - Diff 3 + 3D Acro + Fog 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,8,+0 Total:18 (29) +3 (to 13) vs RV14 - Diff3 (11)=2 RAPs damage. Haunt gets caught on the shoulder and is on Body 12/14

Thud! The stone man grunts as his fist, normally tough enough to smash through anything he connects with, thuds into something more solid than he is. He still leaves a bruise but its clear to him he isn't facing your usual rank and file street thug!

Wand Man once more points his magic wand at Haunt!

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,9,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
OV8 - Diff 3 + Fog 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,7,+0 Total:15 (24) +2 (to 11) vs RV10=1 RAPs damage. Haunt is on 6/10 Spirit

"Who is this man?" yells the fellow with the Wand trying to be heard over the screeching of the woman who is clawing about for the door to get out.

Holmes calls out "Haunt old chap, be so kind as to dispatch the fellow with the beard and maybe the others will calm down enough to talk!" from his place on the floor. He's fished out his gun but seems reluctant to use it.

OOC Haunt (Body 12/14 Spirit 6/10) is up again...The woman is affected for another 6 rounds of so and you'll have to put up with her screaming blue murder as she can't find the door thanks to the fog in the room.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 16 2020, 11:22

Steeplejack steps smoothly off the clod of earth which flies into the Thames with a distant splash and moves to a man in the street who is looking up into the smoggy sound. "Ere did you ere that sound? like thunder it were though louder than I ever eard." he says to no one in particular.

"The Tolling Bell Public House my good man, quickly!" asks Jack Gibb.

"Wha? Well let me see now guv, if you's in an urry maybe it should be worth yer while to..."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

The scream came from a nearby building on the next street. It was a woman's scream, high pitched and somewhat muffled but it sounded very much like a scream of terror as she continued to belt it out, scream after scream.

"Uh, I can show ya?" mutters the man before he sees Gibb run in that direction. "A penny guv, I'll tell ya where... oh blow. It's that way." he mumbled as Gibb rounds the corner.

The Tolling Bell pub looks a rough and ready place. There are a pair of ruffians stood at the front door and looking back at the pub with passers by pausing to wonder what the commotion is. From one of the rooms in the pub comes the scream of a woman in terror!

"Oy, what's yer business!" says one of the goons blocking the way to the pub as the other dives in through the doorway.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 16 2020, 12:05

Admin wrote:HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

OOC  Aura of Fear attack...

AoF 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,11,+0 Total:12 (22) vs
OV8 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,6,+0 Total:17 (28) Bearded Man FAILED
OV3 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,12,+0 Total:19 (25) Stone Man FAILED
OV6 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,7,+0 Total:11 (20) Wand Woman +2 (to 12) vs Rv6 + Diff 3 (9)=3 RAPs.
OV5 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:43 (51) Wand Man FAILED

Marginally better but not so much as you'd notice. That difficulty 3 stopped you from affecting Stone Face.

The Woman screams then starts hammering at the door, walls, any way she can in which to get out! Unfortunately with the fog there's no easy way to find it so she continues to search but screams the whole time!

These people must be made of something sterner than the usual cowardly criminal lot Haunt faces or that time thing is once more making things harder for him!

Haunt scowls beneath the mask but next up needs to prepare himself as the stone giant starts swinging again! The Bearded Man shouts "Ignore Holmes get the man in white!"

Mystic Freeze 10 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,5,+0 Total:15 (28) vs
OV8 + FOG OV 4 + Range 1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:19 (32) Attack Failed.

Stone Man continues to swing wildly in the fog and hopes to land a blow!

OOC Dex 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:27 (34)
Haunt OV 10 - Diff 3 + 3D Acro + Fog 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,8,+0 Total:18 (29) +3 (to 13) vs RV14 - Diff3 (11)=2 RAPs damage. Haunt gets caught on the shoulder and is on Body 12/14

Thud! The stone man grunts as his fist, normally tough enough to smash through anything he connects with, thuds into something more solid than he is. He still leaves a bruise but its clear to him he isn't facing your usual rank and file street thug!

Wand Man once more points his magic wand at Haunt!

OOC Magic Blast 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,9,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
OV8 - Diff 3 + Fog 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,7,+0 Total:15 (24) +2 (to 11) vs RV10=1 RAPs damage. Haunt is on 6/10 Spirit

"Who is this man?" yells the fellow with the Wand trying to be heard over the screeching of the woman who is clawing about for the door to get out.

Holmes calls out "Haunt old chap, be so kind as to dispatch the fellow with the beard and maybe the others will calm down enough to talk!" from his place on the floor. He's fished out his gun but seems reluctant to use it.

OOC Haunt (Body 12/14 Spirit 6/10) is up again...The woman is affected for another 6 rounds of so and you'll have to put up with her screaming blue murder as she can't find the door thanks to the fog in the room.

The bearded man it is, Haunt turns his hands into giant cymbols and tries to crash him between them.

Was thinking of a multi-attack but the Difficulty level, probably miss everyone.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 16 2020, 13:54

"Oy, what's yer business!" says one of the goons blocking the way to the pub as the other dives in through the doorway.

Steeplejack battered the man aside as he swept in after the fellow who ducked in shortly before he had drawn up to the door. He did momentarily think about going up the wall but thought that screen was already drawing enough attention, and he didn't need to add to it.

OOC: OK knock this guy aside and aim toward getting upstairs asap. I'll dodge where I can to keep moving, I'm not worried about climbing walls and what no inside, so will make my way to the most likely place they will be. Listening out and shouting for the attention of Haunt or Holmes to let them know the Calvary is on the way ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 16 2020, 15:45

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

Haunt reformed his hands and CLAPPED the bearded man on each side of the head!

OOC Haunt AV10 + 3D Weaponry + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,4,7,7,8,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,10,+0 Total:28 (38) vs
OV7 + 2D Acro + 3 Diff + Roll(4d12)+0: 7,11,11,8,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
8,4,+0 Total:34 (44) attack missed

Smashing the cymbals closed Haunt was somewhat disappointed to find the mans head not between them!

The Bearded man snarled "I've just about had enough of you, 'mystery man'!" and tried to freeze Haunt... again!

OOC Mystic Freeze 10 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:16 (29) vs
OV8 + FOG OV 4 + Range 1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:8 (21) +4 (14) vs RV10=4 RAPs.

Mystic Freeze pins Haunt into place (Dex=0) and to avoid that you will need to soak up those RAPs! It is one of those abilities which is WAY overpowered in this game and needs the costs sorting out, like Darkness and Magic powers in general which few characters have stats high enough to resist. Luckily you guys have faced physical/mental/mystical foes the whole time and are balanced. The Justice League would be beaten by now. If you absorb all 4 RAPs you will be left on 1HP... Or you could try to break free of the Freeze and hope for a reasonable roll to get away with spending no HP.

I'll let you decide then the other guys (stone face and wand guy) can act.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 16 2020, 15:52

Steeplejack pushes the guy aside... and meets a resistance! What...?

"less o that!" he snarls and swings at Steeplejack!

OOC Dex 8 + 3 diff + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,4,3,2,10,+0 Total:4 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,4,+0 Total:14 (25) vs
OV13 + 4D Acro + Roll(6d12)+0: 12,11,12,1,9,4,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:40 (53) Attack Missed

Despite the fact the guy was moving at Super Speed (!) Gibb saw his hand coming at him with blow after blow and ducked, stepped aside, weaved and dodges the man, many blows thrown at him! What on earth was going on here? Superhuman bouncers in Victorian London?

The screams continued and the other bouncer headed inside. Gibb had to find a way through... or around this guy to get inside! Easy enough to leap onto the roof or through an upstairs window but to retain some sense of anonymity he couldn't tip his hand to being a 'super'!

"I'm empowered ta fight demons pal, and you? You're just some chump got lucky." snarled the bouncer. "Speedin Joe Swift they calls me, an you're about ta find out why..." he says, bearing his knuckles in an expert Marquis of Queensbury stance...

The woman kept screaming!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 16 2020, 18:59

Steeplejack pushes the guy aside... and meets a resistance! What...?
"I'm empowered ta fight demons pal, and you? You're just some chump got lucky." snarled the bouncer. "Speedin Joe Swift they calls me, an you're about ta find out why..." he says, bearing his knuckles in an expert Marquis of Queensbury stance...

The woman kept screaming!

"Of all the times..." Steeplejack said frustration and anger creeping into his voice and he let loose again, wondering if since they would be drawing a crowd anyway leaping up the side of the building wouldn't make much difference now anyway?

OOC: Ok martial arts him again, if I can if not going up the wall, forget subtle - there's a lady screaming and a crowd will be drawing together soon anyways up.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 16 2020, 19:58

nd tried to freeze Haunt... again!

OOC Mystic Freeze 10 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:16 (29) vs
OV8 + FOG OV 4 + Range 1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:8 (21) +4 (14) vs RV10=4 RAPs.

Mystic Freeze pins Haunt into place (Dex=0) and to avoid that you will need to soak up those RAPs! It is one of those abilities which is WAY overpowered in this game and needs the costs sorting out, like Darkness and Magic powers in general which few characters have stats high enough to resist. Luckily you guys have faced physical/mental/mystical foes the whole time and are balanced. The Justice League would be beaten by now. If you absorb all 4 RAPs you will be left on 1HP... Or you could try to break free of the Freeze and hope for a reasonable roll to get away with spending no HP.

I'll let you decide then the other guys (stone face and wand guy) can act.

Let's try breaking free. May need those 11 HP for something else later.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 17 2020, 12:03

Steeplejack watched the man move. He was fast... but fast didn't cut it when compared to someone whose reflexes compared favourably to a bolt of lightning!

OOC AV13 + M Arts 3D (2D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,11,2,2,10,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:28 (41) vs
OV8 + 2D Acro + Diff 3 + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,4,1,1,+0 Total:9 (20) +6 (to 16) vs RV 5 + diff 3 (8)=8 RAPs damage.

WHACK!

Steeplejack sent the guy flying with a spinning kick, soaring twenty feet through the air and crashing into wooden crates where he groaned then didn't move!

Moving into the building he saw stairs immediately up and to the left and took them with a single bound... nearly crashing into the back of the other 'bouncer' who was fumbling for a key to a door where fog leaked and curled from underneath the ill fitting frame. There was a landing/short corridor and several other doors, one of which opened and a scarcely clad woman popped her head out. "Ere what's goin on wi all that screamin? I'm tryin ta work ere!" she yelled. "Keep it down!" she hollered.

The screaming (from behind the fog door) continued and the bruiser turned. "Huh... what?"

OOC I would resolve Steep but need to check out Haunt first

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 17 2020, 12:12; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 17 2020, 12:11

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

OOC Effectively RAPs from the Mystic Freeze already had the difficulty applied to get that result so they don't get added again!

Haunt Infl 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,9,+0 Total:22 (30) vs
Ov4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (27) +2 (to 7) vs RV4=3 RAPs. JUST failed (you need 4 RAPs or more).

That roll ... crikey even when you get a double you don't get much of a break. I could start doctoring them but I think you like a challenge Razz

"Now!" snarled the bearded man. "Whilst he's frozen... HIT HIM!"

OOC the stone man takes a swing going for a Devastating Attack!

AV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE (yeeowch!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:33 (40) vs
OV8 (Dev Attack) - Diff 3 + Fog 4 + (no acrobatics if can't move) + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:17 (26) +5 (to 15) vs RV 14 - 12 (Dev Attack) - Diff 3=16 RAPs. HAUNT is DOWN and OUT unless he absorbs 3 damage (6HP)   Edited because of Fog so doesn't take 17 damage takes 16...

Depending on whether he does that there is still Wand Man and Bearded Man to attack!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 17 2020, 14:03

OOC Effectively RAPs from the Mystic Freeze already had the difficulty applied to get that result so they don't get added again!

Haunt Infl 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,6,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,9,+0 Total:22 (30) vs
Ov4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,12,+0 Total:23 (27) +2 (to 7) vs RV4=3 RAPs. JUST failed (you need 4 RAPs or more).

That roll ... crikey even when you get a double you don't get much of a break. I could start doctoring them but I think you like a challenge Razz

ooc: Any chance Stretching could have been used to help absorb the blow or did trying to break free prevent him from using it?

"Now!" snarled the bearded man. "Whilst he's frozen... HIT HIM!"

OOC the stone man takes a swing going for a Devastating Attack!

AV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE (yeeowch!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:33 (40) vs
OV8 (Dev Attack) - Diff 3 + Fog 4 + (no acrobatics if can't move) + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:17 (26) +5 (to 15) vs RV 14 - 12 (Dev Attack) - Diff 3=16 RAPs. HAUNT is DOWN and OUT unless he absorbs 3 damage (6HP)   Edited because of Fog so doesn't take 17 damage takes 16...

Depending on whether he does that there is still Wand Man and Bearded Man to attack!

If I can't use Stretching then I'll use the HP to stay up.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 17 2020, 16:40

[quote="DavidMcMahon"]

If I can't use Stretching then I'll use the HP to stay up.

Whilst the man fumbled Steeplejack hit, and hit hard pushing the man into the door and hopefully the door into the room to make a surprise attack even more surprising. This wasn't the time for being subtle.

OOC: Martial arts the guy into the door and the door into the room, and then take in my bearings from there.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 18 2020, 00:44

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

OOC Haunt can't use Stretching because when his Dex dropped to zero, the linked powers (Self Manipulations - your 'favourite' and Stretching) dropped to zero.

6HP to absorb 3 damage and leave Haunt on Body 1/14 HP 5

The Bearded Man levelled an arm and blasted at Haunt!

Magic Blast 9 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,5,+0 Total:17 (29) vs
Ov8 + range 1 + fog 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,12,+0 Total:13 (26) +2 (to 11) vs RV10 - Diff 3 (Rv7)=4 RAPs spirit damage.
Haunt is on Dex 0 Body 1/14 Spirit 2/10 HP 5

The Wand Man pointed the wand at Haunt and blasted!

Magic Blast 9 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:12 (24) vs
OV8 + range 1 + fog 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,6,+0 Total:16 (29) attack Missed

Haunt was a sitting duck! He was being blasted, pummelled, battered... if he could move he'd be on his knees! All the while that woman gave off her infernal screaming as she scratched at the door! He saw Holmes pulling out his pistol and peering through the fog. The Detective was a reasonable shot but Haunt didn't do Fog by halves. Chances were he'd miss then the magic users would turn their might on Holmes! Haunt was one tough cookie - he could take a licking and keep on ticking... for a while... but Holmes wouldn't last a heartbeat against this lot! He was doomed!

OOC Try to break free again I guess? You can still talk... if surrender is an option...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 18 2020, 01:01

Steeplejack hammered at the man aiming at him through the door!

OOC CRIT BLOW AV13 + 5D m Arts (no acro for defence) + Roll(7d12)+0: 8,2,11,3,4,7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
8,5,+0 Total:27 (50) vs
Ov7 + diff 3 + Blindside -2 +Crit Blow 4 + 1d Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 2,10,7,+0 Total:17 (29) +6 (to 16) vs RV7 + Diff 3 - 6 (crit blow so rv1)=12 RAPs. Bouncer is DOWN and OUT

With explosive force Steeplejack delivers a jarring right cross then spin kicks the powerful bouncer clean through the thick oak door, exploding it inwards with such force its tremendous CRACK rings out through the tavern!

A woman on the other side - the screamer - is silenced as the door smacks into her face and sends her tumbling too...

The room is full of thick fog which spills into the corridor...

OOC Danger Sense 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:13 (23) vs
Ov2 + diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (19) +3 (to 13) vs RV2+3 (RV5)=8 RAPs. Enough to clearly define the danger and where it is coming from!

Steeplejack gets a FLASH in his mind... though he cannot see the danger, he senses...

.... A bearded Mystic who has the power to paralyse a foe then blast them with magic soul sapping energy!

.... A man who can turn into a substance as hard as stone with strength and durability to match!

.... A man with a magic wand that can blast soul searing magic blasts!

They haven't seen Steeplejack yet (thick fog but it will pour out of the way after this next round)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jul 18 2020, 07:27

Having seen Steeplejack smash into the room, The Haunt drops his Fog so his teammate can see.

"Get the Bearded Guy first," he calls out.

He once more attempts his Aura of Fear but this time increasing the area of effect so it goes outside the room as well, figuring if Steeplejack smashed in the door like that, he must have had to fight his way in and more foes might be on his heels and maybe just maybe he could affect any allies of the mages that they are fighting.

ooc: so, I guess that means increasing the AOE by one AP to double the area he covered the first time which was basically this room. Leaving Holmes and Steeplejack out of the attack.

Was having a brain fart and thought the aura covered volume not distance. But looking up Aura of Fear it stays it is distance. But it also seems to say the distance is the APs of power, doesn't say you can control the distance and power separately. So if I want to only affect those within 40' of me or 2 APs, I can only use 2 APs of fear. Is that right? Would I have to buy and advantage to the power "May alter the area of power as needed"? It's 2 AM and my brain is mush right now.

What is the average ceiling height in UK?
What is the average height of a ceiling?
Age House Living room Bedroom
Older than 100 years 2 meter 1,90 meter
Between 50 and 100 years 2,20 meter 2,20 meter
Between now and 50 years 2,40 meter 2,20 meter

Length
12.192 Meter = 40 Foot

Google is so fun!

So I want to do 2 APs distance for the Aura, which is 40 feet which is 12.2 meters, but at full power. Average height of ceilings in the UK over a 100 years ago is 2 meters, so the aura will cover roughly 6 floors in distance. Not sure how close the other buildings are but I think there are going to be a lot of very scared people soon. affraid
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jul 18 2020, 09:00

Steeplejack gets a FLASH in his mind... though he cannot see the danger, he senses...

.... A bearded Mystic who has the power to paralyse a foe then blast them with magic soul sapping energy!

.... A man who can turn into a substance as hard as stone with strength and durability to match!

.... A man with a magic wand that can blast soul searing magic blasts!

They haven't seen Steeplejack yet (thick fog but it will pour out of the way after this next round)[/i][/color]

OOC: OK quick question, since before I can react, Haunt dropped the fog, can I use my earth-moving powers on the stone man - and club the mage identified by Haunt to attack? if so I do, if not I leap at the mage as instructed and hammer at him to get him and his most potent powers out of action.

"What Ho ole bean, I see you've gone and got yourself into a spot of bother, what! Can't seem to leave you alone for a moment!

Steeplejack was masking his obvious relief with humour. The truth was these twisting time travelling adventures and now magic, was more than this poor working-class lad was used to, even given his career.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 18 2020, 11:17

OOC Few things. Aura of Fear is as powerful at whatever range you use as it is one of those special attacks with an area effect not affected by range or modifiers. You can use full power or lower power, whatever you want at any range up to your maximum.

Steeplejack can't control the stone guy. He may look like stone, and punch as if he had stone fists... but he's flesh that looks like stone. You may want to adjust your action Dave. You have five dice to allocate for attack/defence (maximum three dice on defence though) too. Also assign any crit blow/dev attack/multi attack on more than one target etc.

Haunt will act after Bearded Man because he has Dex 0...but even with only two stats counting he's faster than Wand Man and Stone Man. Names are so overrated Razz

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jul 19 2020, 12:51

Admin wrote:OOC Few things. Aura of Fear is as powerful at whatever range you use as it is one of those special attacks with an area effect not affected by range or modifiers. You can use full power or lower power, whatever you want at any range up to your maximum.

Steeplejack can't control the stone guy. He may look like stone, and punch as if he had stone fists... but he's flesh that looks like stone. You may want to adjust your action Dave. You have five dice to allocate for attack/defence (maximum three dice on defence though) too. Also assign any crit blow/dev attack/multi attack on more than one target etc.

Haunt will act after Bearded Man because he has Dex 0...but even with only two stats counting he's faster than Wand Man and Stone Man. Names are so overrated Razz

Ignoring the Stone man, tempting a target as he was Steeplejack flew at the man waving a wand and giving the commands, "Wow I thought Harry Potter was for another century, how little did I know."

He then let loose with a flurry of blows.

OOC: 2 Die defence the rest to attack.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 19 2020, 15:37

OOC MULTI ATTACK Steeplejack AV13 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 7,6,7,12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE boom + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:30 fizzle (43) vs
OV7 + Multi 2 + 1D Acro + diff 3 + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,5,11,+0 Total:21 (33) +4 (to 14) vs RV5 + Diff 3 (8RV)=6 RAPs. Both bearded Man and Wand Man are DOWN and OUT

And Haunt is NO LONGER FROZEN! And he's up. Only stone man is on his feet...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next