The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK!

3 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 8 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  Admin Wed Jul 08 2020, 19:08

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

Holmes frowned "We need all the power we can bring to bear and yet... without you and your friend London is seemingly defenceless against Lycanthropes, Vampires and worse besides. The Queen and the Royal family need protection. I feel the obvious targets will be those in power and were they to fall under the sway of evil their influence and power could be used to bring about sweeping changes to the Empire. I know not of what role the British Empire plays in your time Mr Carter, but in this one the Queen rules over a vast area and millions of people. Were she somehow to be controlled or cajoled into action against a country or people it could have devastating consequences in the balance of world power!"

"That leaves us with a choice. We protect the Empire and hope that this plot fails or we give chase to the Grail and the kidnapped women, to wherever the trail leads and crush the plot there. We can divide our forces but that may leave us dangerously unprepared for whatever awaits in the Orient. Our enemies are more than one step ahead. They call on resources and unscrupulous beings - not just human from the sound of it - which means we are sorely outgunned."

Penelope spoke up. "I shall travel in pursuit of the Grail!"

Spring Heeled Jack muttered "And I will follow her, that my dark nature not assert itself!"

Holmes turned to carter "perhaps Miss Harkness' ... aura... will help Mary Ann Nichols, the unfortunate infected with Lycanthropy. That still leaves us with someone out there who travels the night as a wolf, and I believe someone else. Some dark power, a being ancient and cruel, who plans to take advantage of the Grail's removal. That power is yet to be revealed but I fear the worst."

"My instinct is to take both you and your friend Mr Gibb to pursue the Grail and smash Moriartys plans into dust. That leaves the Empires' heart undefended so we must make all haste. Any delay will see doom visited not just on us, but the whole world..."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 8 Empty Re: THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK!

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 09 2020, 01:32

Haunt Dif 3 HP 11
Holmes turned to carter "perhaps Miss Harkness' ... aura... will help Mary Ann Nichols, the unfortunate infected with Lycanthropy. That still leaves us with someone out there who travels the night as a wolf, and I believe someone else. Some dark power, a being ancient and cruel, who plans to take advantage of the Grail's removal. That power is yet to be revealed but I fear the worst."

"My instinct is to take both you and your friend Mr Gibb to pursue the Grail and smash Moriartys plans into dust. That leaves the Empires' heart undefended so we must make all haste. Any delay will see doom visited not just on us, but the whole world..."

"Maybe the ship hasn't sailed yet, do we know," asks Nick Carter. "If it is still here we can do everything needed in London and its surroundings. And we have no idea where my friend is or if he is still alive, though I suspect he is. Things we need to find out quickly."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 09 2020, 20:42

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

Penelope Harkness furrowed her brow. "I can sometimes see far away places or people if I've met them before... Mr Gibb showed me a kindness so it shouldn't be too hard... Oh my!" she gasped.

Looking frightened she spluttered "He's talking to a man that is... was... a cousin of mine. Now he's a monster! I see darkness and death all around him! Darkness... a tunnel... sewer... water roaring... and and a creature, a woman creeping up behind him! Jack! look out behind you!" she cried, her eyes milky white. "She is evil... reaching for you!"

Suddenly Penny gasped and feinted! Haunt leapt forward and scooped her up, setting her down comfortably.

Holmes frowned. "It seems your friend is in some peril. Ms Harkness' talents are truly remarkable. She embodies the 'extraordinary' part of the League I am wanting to put together, as do you Mr Carter, and you 'Spring Heeled Jack'."

"Speak for yourself Holmes. If anyone embodies extraordinary it is you. You have no powers like we do but you have the keenest mind of the age!"

He waved that off. "We must see if the villains have left with the Grail. How fast can we get to the docks?"

Spring Heeled Jack grimaced. "I can't leave this girl's side or the ... thirst... will take me."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jul 09 2020, 21:06

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

Holmes frowned. "It seems your friend is in some peril. Ms Harkness' talents are truly remarkable. She embodies the 'extraordinary' part of the League I am wanting to put together, as do you Mr Carter, and you 'Spring Heeled Jack'."

"Speak for yourself Holmes. If anyone embodies extraordinary it is you. You have no powers like we do but you have the keenest mind of the age!"

He waved that off. "We must see if the villains have left with the Grail. How fast can we get to the docks?"

Spring Heeled Jack grimaced. "I can't leave this girl's side or the ... thirst... will take me."

"Don't worry, I can get us there fast, if someone can point the way," Nick Carter says, trying to decide which form would be best in this situation. "Grab some rope. There should be some in this place and a couple of planks of wood or a metal beam three can sit on."

He decides to go with a variation of the Thunderbird form he took when he was in the Old West. He would grip the ends of the planks or metal beam with his claws, elongating his legs so they could sit on the beam comfortably, with the ropes acting as seat belts, so they couldn't fall off. He will carry the pieces outside, have them strap themselves to the beam and fly the way he needs to go.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 8 Aga-ni10

elongate the legs of this bird and that's a pretty good idea of what he will look like.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 09 2020, 21:34

Holmes raised an eyebrow and commented "My dear fellow, one must be careful not to tip one's hand. To fly across London in the grasp of some great 'Thunderbird' would surely have both of us in the public eye and tip off the enemy that they face more than a mere detective!"

"No, let us hail a cab and make all haste!" he said, striding from the derelict church.

Spring Heeled Jack looked down at Penny. "I'll stay with her and make sure she's ok..."

Carter looked at SHJ. The man was a Vampire. Could he be trusted with a beautiful woman at his mercy?

OOC You can insist on the bird thing but flashy and 'loud' isn't Holmes' style...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jul 10 2020, 01:30

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

"We can do quick or we can do slow," the Haunt replies, "And most people do not look up and I can summon a fog to hide us in while we fly.  But I leave the choice up to you, Mr. Holmes, do we have the time for a slow cab?"

ooc:  Forgot we were in a church, was thinking a warehouse but church works, we can use a pew.  But if Holmes thinks we can get there in time with a cab, the Haunt will go along with his idea.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 10 2020, 17:43

Admin wrote:STEEPLEJACK DIFFICULTY 3 HP 42

"An end is what I seek now, before I bring misery and death to others! Death... final death... to Dracula is what I really desire though... and if if have to kill you and take the time to heal up I will do!" snarled Harker...

OOC: SOmehow I totally missed this post - I think with Haunt and me overlapping its easy to miss a beat sometimes.

"I'm sorry it has to end this way, but first you, then Dracula and anyone else that he or his cronies have infected."

With that Steeplejack moved to fight the monstrosity that Harkness had become and end this once for all.

OOC: Knowing he will recover I'll go for critical and if I can knock him out take the stake and not miss his heart this time. Assuming Mina is about, I might have to do it after I've put her down also.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 13 2020, 13:09

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

"I suspect the people who stole the Grail will have already left." said Holmes, frowning.

The pair rode in a carriage going to the dockland area and soon they stepped out with the cab waiting for them.

"Your supernatural abilities are our secret weapon." said Holmes quietly as they walked towards the various office buildings at the docks. "We may yet catch the enemy by surprise though my feeling is we must give chase and soon or whatever fiendish plan they have shall come to fruition."

"Spring Heeled Jack seems 'safe' for the time being with his animalistic urges somehow tempered by Ms Harkness' mere presence. However we must watch him Mr Carter." added the Great Detective.

Making enquiries they soon made their way to the Harbour Masters office.

Some minutes later Holmes asked the questions and he was frustrated. "Alas, as I thought. A ship bound the Orient. The Harbour Master explains that whilst the paperwork was in order the ship itself raised a few eyebrows. Whilst it was reasonably modern the vessel looked to have been modified and had a number of large calibre guns on deck and behind hatches. The manifest says passengers and various 'antiquities' bound for Shanghai. After commenting on the length of the journey running into months the Harbour Master heard one of the crew joke that they would be there in under a week. Impossible." he glanced at Carter. "But I suspect not so far fetched to a man from the future."

"We need to catch them on the open sea. Unfortunately if they are right no vessel could possibly match the speed the crewman joked about. Therefore we need to fall on Plan B. Nemo."

=========

"I have it on good authority that the Prince Dakkar of India is at a banquet tonight before setting off home tomorrow. I shall attend the dinner and ask for his aid. He hates the British Empire but I intend to persuade him that it is a lesser eveil compared to that which shall cast a shadow on us all if we are unsuccessful." said Holmes as he stepped from the carriage back at Baker Street.

Carter stepped out then turned.

A man and a woman were stood near Holmes and the man held what appeared to be a stick or wand pointed at the Detective.

"You'll come with us Mr Holmes. Despite appearances the device my companion wields is real and quite capable of inflicting great harm or death upon you." said the woman, dressed in a fine black dress with hat and parasol to finish it off. She looked at Carter. "Your companion shall come to."

"Quietly." said the man, in a dark suit and of tall/large build. "Or make a fuss, it shall change nothing." he said as he pointed the wand at Carter.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jul 13 2020, 16:28

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11
A man and a woman were stood near Holmes and the man held what appeared to be a stick or wand pointed at the Detective.

"You'll come with us Mr Holmes. Despite appearances the device my companion wields is real and quite capable of inflicting great harm or death upon you." said the woman, dressed in a fine black dress with hat and parasol to finish it off. She looked at Carter. "Your companion shall come to."

"Quietly." said the man, in a dark suit and of tall/large build. "Or make a fuss, it shall change nothing." he said as he pointed the wand at Carter.

"Ah! A clue," Nick thought to himself. He looked to see if Holmes was inclined to be kidnapped or not.

a. If Holmes is, he goes along with it.
b. If he isn't, then multi-attack both targets with his hands/arms turning into battering rams.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 13 2020, 23:51

STEEPLEJACK DIFFICULTY 3 HP 42

"the creature that I am will not die quietly, despite my anguish!" roared Jonathan Harker as he leapt at Steeplejack!

OOC Steep wins initiative...Crit Blow

AV13 + 3D M Arts (2D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,1,3,11,10,+0 Total:21 (34) vs
OV8 + Crit Blow 4 + 2D Acro + vulnerability -8 + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,3,6,7,+0 Total:16 (20) +5 (to 8EV) vs RV9 - 8 Vulnerability - 6 Crit Blow = 13 RAPs. KILLING COMBAT with proviso

With a determined thrust Steeplejack slammed the improvised stake deep into the chest of Jonathan Harker who gasped then sighed, falling back to slump in the darkness and muck.

"Thank... you..." he gasped. "Please... spare... Mina... her ... fate is because of my ... curse..." then he started to dry out and his skin turned to powder as the body aged instantly and was nothing more than a pile of bones after a couple of heartbeats!

"Nooooo!" cried a female voice from the darkness and Steeplejack spun. There, kneeling in the muck and quite vulnerable to attack was Mina Murray, Vampire and fiance to the now dead Jonathan Harker.

OOC Stab her as well?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jul 14 2020, 13:19

OOC Stab her as well?

Steeplejack turned to the woman, "Do you want to live? Do you think his idea of sparing you is a good one? Tell, if you were me what would you have me do?

Steeplejack stood pensively over her, the idea of striking a woman, was never one that filled him with any sort of pleasure, how much so taking what remained of the life she clung to. He had a mind to spare her, to see if there was some way to 'redeem her' but could he be sure that he wasn't just settling the delay on a time bomb that just kept ticking? She might live long, longer than him and pay him a visit in the future, but what might that future look like if he didn't kill her? He didn't know, but he never became what he was to hurt people, even if people sometimes got hurt. And now he was back to save the future, but did she have a part in it?

"Harker said Dracula was behind this? How would it be if instead of gaining your revenge on me or humanity we put the real bloodsucker Dracula, back where he belongs?

OOC: I may have stumbled a great idea, or a terrible one or worse still both!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 14 2020, 13:56

Mina looked up, red eyes rimmed with blood tears.

"He did this to my Jonathan, made him into the monster that made me. My... sire. Now he is gone. I can feel his will lifting from me like a cloud. I cannot help what I am. But I am more than what I was, a weak feeble girl. Wounded now, but a wounded animal is at their most powerful and dangerous as they fight hardest for life! I do not know if I can be cured... and my thirst for blood will need slaking... what ... what if it were on the killers, the evil men that prowl the streets? I can gain in strength to hunt down and kill this Dracula that has been the cause of this."

"My fate is yours to decide. I am too weak to resist, too wounded to fight even for my wretched life. Take me with you, find a way to put me in striking distance of this evil Count. I will take his unlife from him or suffer everlasting death in the act of trying!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 14 2020, 14:08

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

Holmes raised an eyebrow. "The plot thickens." he declared. Glancing up at his home he shrugged. "in for a penny, in for a pound eh Carter? let's see what this pair have to say for themselves!"

With the man and woman both brandishing wooden wands at each of the detectives they led the way across the road to a waiting carriage and once inside the man threw a blindfold to each of them.

"No funny business and you might get out of this in one piece." said the man..

OOC They will only set off once both are blindfolded. Holmes blindfolds himself your call if Carter goes along with it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 14 2020, 15:20

"No funny business and you might get out of this in one piece." said the man..

OOC They will only set off once both are blindfolded. Holmes blindfolds himself your call if Carter goes along with it.

Go with the blindfold. Thought about creating an extra eye to watch the two but can't think of a way to do it that wouldn't be seen by them. Eye sticking out of pant's leg? Peeking from behind my ear? Growing out of one of my fingers? All seem easy to spot. So go with blindfold, and Stretching ready to absorb blows.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 14 2020, 19:56

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

The carriage rattled through the streets of the capital as Holmes and Carter were blindfolded and eventually it rolled up.

"Water, the whiff of the river. Distant bells tolling. Cries of dock workers loading crates. A distant school bell." said Holmes.

There was silence.

"I deduce we are to visit ... The Tolling Bell public house." added the Detective. "Do I get a prize?"

There was a sigh and both Carter and Holmes had blindfolds removed as they were led from the carriage to... the back entrance of the tolling Bell public house.

=========

The man was imposing, thick bearded and with hefty brows from which he frowned under.

The man and the woman stood at the door of the small back room with Holmes and Carter stood before the plain wooden table. Another fellow, looking like a stone giant aside from the occasional blink gave a dark stare as he towered over the pair of Detectives.

Holmes looked about. "Order of Protective Sorcerers? I presume?"

"You know too much Holmes." said the bearded man. "Dangerous knowledge. We will do whatever it takes to protect man from that which he was not meant to know..."

Stone face growled.

Bearded guy glanced up... and up... then back at Holmes. "You know about the Grail. That opens the country up to attack from powers and forces that would laugh at anything the army throw at it. "

"Yes, quite. Lycanthropes, Vampires, shapeshifting aliens and long dead sorceresses. Probably more besides." replied Holmes.

"Harrumph." growled the bearded man. "You may need to be silenced, man. Such loose talk costs... wait. What? Sorceress? What do you know?"

Stoney faced 7' tall man mountain started forwards towards Holmes...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 14 2020, 20:29

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11
"Yes, quite. Lycanthropes, Vampires, shapeshifting aliens and long dead sorceresses. Probably more besides." replied Holmes.

"Harrumph." growled the bearded man. "You may need to be silenced, man. Such loose talk costs... wait. What? Sorceress? What do you know?"

Stoney faced 7' tall man mountain started forwards towards Holmes...

"As it was the Crown that told him about the Grail and asked his help and me that told him about much of the rest, I wouldn't get my knickers in an uproar, Tiny," Nick Carter says, stepping in front of the man, smiling. "Now what's this about a Society of Ordered Sorcerers?"

"You said this was a Public House, Mr. Holmes? And you knew exactly which one it was? Any of the drinks any good? I could use one since our hosts are being rude and haven't offered us anything to drink or even a place to sit."

ooc: Yeah, he is going for the classic In Your Face American utterly unimpressed by everyone in the room. He is just itching to see if his Fear power will work on these guys or not. But if they want to talk, he will talk first and leave the Fear for another day.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 14 2020, 21:12

"My friend here is remarkable." said Holmes. "If your friend there doesn't want to be scrambling around on the floor looking for his teeth I would suggest he back off, but he may be on first name terms with someone skilled in Dentistry." shrugged the Detective.

Bearded Man mutters "Crimson Bands of Celladon clasp and contract on my chosen foe!"

OOC Mystic Freeze attack 10 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:10 (23) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21 (29) Attack Failed.

Brights lights flickered around Haunt but nothing else happened.

The stone face giant suddenly transformed into a stone giant, grey skin and everything! He moved forward and reached for Haunt!

OOC who wins initiative... Over to you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jul 14 2020, 21:56

Admin wrote:Mina looked up, red eyes rimmed with blood tears.

"He did this to my Jonathan, made him into the monster that made me. My... sire. Now he is gone. I can feel his will lifting from me like a cloud. I cannot help what I am. But I am more than what I was, a weak feeble girl. Wounded now, but a wounded animal is at their most powerful and dangerous as they fight hardest for life! I do not know if I can be cured... and my thirst for blood will need slaking... what ... what if it were on the killers, the evil men that prowl the streets? I can gain in strength to hunt down and kill this Dracula that has been the cause of this."

"My fate is yours to decide. I am too weak to resist, too wounded to fight even for my wretched life. Take me with you, find a way to put me in striking distance of this evil Count. I will take his unlife from him or suffer everlasting death in the act of trying!"

Steeplejack took a long hard look at her. She was as much a victim as Harker, he felt pitty despite the atrocity that she had become. Holding out a hand, he helped her up. "Come on, with got a count to kill. But no funny stuff, you can hurt me, but I can kill you and that would get neither of us what we want, understood!"

Right, Steeplejack thought to himself, how am I going to get this maid through that door in the church and back to London. Heck, how am I going to explain this to Haunt and Holmes! He wondered for the first time in a few hours what had happened to Penny, his mind utterly taken with the ghastly horror of what he'd had to wade through he hadn't wanted to think of happier memories and sully them with this experience. But now the intruded. He pushed them to one side, as he led the way out.

"We'll have that stake out of you as soon as I can get a good look at it. And you're probably going to need a feed. It'll have to be animal blood, sorry I guess its the equivalent of going vegetarian for you."

OOC: Ok out of the sewers to the church, via any market where I can grab a couple of birds or something not too big. Then a blanket to cover up my new charge and get back to London and Thoth's place.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jul 14 2020, 22:34

Admin wrote:"My friend here is remarkable." said Holmes. "If your friend there doesn't want to be scrambling around on the floor looking for his teeth I would suggest he back off, but he may be on first name terms with someone skilled in Dentistry." shrugged the Detective.

Bearded Man mutters "Crimson Bands of Celladon clasp and contract on my chosen foe!"

OOC Mystic Freeze attack 10 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:10 (23) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21 (29) Attack Failed.

Brights lights flickered around Haunt but nothing else happened.

The stone face giant suddenly transformed into a stone giant, grey skin and everything! He moved forward and reached for Haunt!

OOC who wins initiative... Over to you

"Heh!"  He turns into the Haunt, with wisps of fog flowing out of his cape.  [0 or 1 AP Fog, just for showy purposes and not to try to use it for combat, billowing out from his cape mostly hiding his legs and seeping around the floor]  "Foolish Mortal!  I am the Haunt a dead sinner brought back to life for the purpose of seeing Justice is Carried Out!  Feel the Cold Grasp of the Grave!" in his nice gravely from beyond the grave voice he hasn't used at all for this time period and was feeling sort of out of sorts because he hadn't.

Fear Attack on Stoney!

ooc:  And yeah, I know how silly this seems, him pretending to be a mystical avenger from beyond the grave to a bunch of magic types and using a scientific device of sound waves to induce fear in them or just him I should say.  But what can I say?  He's an actor and An Actor gots to ACT!

ENTER CENTER STAGE -- THE HAUNT!!!!

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 14 2020, 23:33

Mina was weakened and needed help to walk so the going was pretty slow. Still, an hour or so later they were back at the church and with a borrowed blanket the Vampire was pretty much covered up but nothing could disguise the smell. She was meek and Steeplejack guessed that her 'sire' - Jonathan Harker - had essentially freed her and she was unsure of what to do or where to go. She wasn't stupid though and knew Steeplejack outclassed her.

Staying clear of the Priest the main problem of getting her in the Church was an irrational fear of the place. She flat out refused to go in. Eventually Steeplejack had to clamp ultra strong arms around her and she thrashed in panic as he sprinted over the threshold and down the aisle towards the back. The Priest inside was shocked and called out with several patrons gasping in fear.

He whisked the door open to the storage cupboard then closed it behind the pair of them... falling through into Thoths' study!

Immediately Mina calmed down and collapsed on the floor under the blanket. Constanza looked up from a desk where she read a book and at the mound under the blanket. "What?" she spluttered then her eyes widened. She reached inside the drawer of the desk and pulled out a simple cross.

"Explain yourself!" she cried, standing and looking about for a weapon of some kind to ward off... a Vampire!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 14 2020, 23:41

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

OOC Aura of Fear 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:9 (19) vs
Ov3 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total:17 (23) AoF attack failed

The stone skinned guy ignored the spooky voice, the fog, the costume change and the Aura of Fear attack to simply reach for Haunt with a large stone hand!

OOC AV7 +1D M Arts + Diff 3 + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,4,12,+0 Total:16 (26) vs
OV10 + 3D Acro + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,11,5,10,5,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:34 (44) Attack Missed

Holmes nimbly steps aside and Holmes shouted "Calm! I beg calm! We are all on the same side here... I think."

Bearded guy stands and shouts "Stand down, both of you!"

The man and the woman pointed wands at Haunt but held off firing - for now... The next move was Haunt as the towering stone giant/golem like fellow glowered at the smaller man.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jul 15 2020, 02:29

Admin wrote:HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

OOC Aura of Fear 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:9 (19) vs
Ov3 + Diff 3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total:17 (23) AoF attack failed

The stone skinned guy ignored the spooky voice, the fog, the costume change and the Aura of Fear attack to simply reach for Haunt with a large stone hand!

OOC AV7 +1D M Arts + Diff 3 + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,4,12,+0 Total:16 (26) vs
OV10 + 3D Acro + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,11,5,10,5,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:34 (44) Attack Missed

Holmes nimbly steps aside and Holmes shouted "Calm! I beg calm! We are all on the same side here... I think."

Bearded guy stands and shouts "Stand down, both of you!"

The man and the woman pointed wands at Haunt but held off firing - for now... The next move was Haunt as the towering stone giant/golem like fellow glowered at the smaller man.

ooc: Sucky sucky dice! Dice hate me!

"Well, that didn't go as well as expected," the Haunt murmurs, "I'm ready to carry on if you want, though I would prefer we were allies. Your choice."

He uses Omni-Weapon and turns his arms into a pair of jackhammers and waits to see what the other man does.

THE NEW VANGUARD! HAUNT Issue #10 With special guest star STEEPLEJACK! - Page 8 000dow10

ooc: Attack if he does, end fight if he backs down.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jul 15 2020, 08:38

[b]
"Explain yourself!" she cried, standing and looking about for a weapon of some kind to ward off... a Vampire!

Relieved to have got this far, Steeplejack held out a hand, "She's with me, we can put down the Spiritual Weaponry...this poor soul remains one of those brought to this unlife by our real enemy. Dracula made her & her partner what they are. I killed him, but Mina has agreed to help us get Dracula for all the misery he has caused us. And hopefully with him strike a blow against Advent."

Then turning back to the pitiful dishevelled woman and then himself he added, "We could both do with a cleanup, new clothes and she is going to need a few pints of whatever animal blood you can get from your local abattoir. Any news from my friends, or yours?"

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 15 2020, 11:54

HAUNT DIFFICULTY 3 HP 11

"A dramatic transformation, but not entirely effective. Smoke and mirrors or...?" started Bearded Man.

Holmes smiled. "I've seen my friend in action. Rest assured, you are getting off easy. That is a moot point. I believe that we are on the same side and must endeavour to return the Grail as soon as possible. The ... powers of darkness... will then retreat and fade into the background."

Bearded Man frowned. "Those... powers of darkness you talk about we make use of sometimes to protect this country. our powers have increased several fold since the Grail was taken and we believe the Grail would be better served by those able to control and direct its powers more effectively rather than sitting on a plinth in the Queens considerable collection of jewels. Chances are she knows little of its actual worth and importance. We do. We may be 'on the same side' but make no mistake. We shall secure the return of the Grail and make better use of it than the monarchy of this country has for the last five hundred years."

Holmes glanced at Haunt then continued "I work for the crown and am set on my course sir. I will return the grail to the possession of the monarch of this country. We are arrayed against dark powers who seek to use it for their own ends, not least of which is the return.. resurrection if you will... of a sorceress called Morgana le Fay."

Bearded Man glanced around at stone guy and the two wand wielders. "That... changes things.. but we are set on our course. the Order of Protective Sorcerers shall have the grail and will stop at nothing to get it. Then we shall determine the best use for it. Oppose us at your peril Mr Holmes. We have already set events in motion and unfortunately I cannot trust you to sit idle while we chase the Grail - which has already departed these shores. Therefore we have arranged for you to... take a trip."

Stone Man flexed his fists, wand wielders raised their weapons, Bearded Man stood, arms spread...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 15 2020, 12:06

"My attempts to find Thoth have failed. If he is screening himself from mystical scrying it will block me too. You should know however that in my search I have come across Haunt and Sherlock Holmes. they are in the East End of London right now and in some considerable peril. A group of meddlers known as the Order of Protective Sorcerers have seemingly awoken from their slumber and feel that the grail is something they should be in possession of. Holmes will of course object and there may be... trouble. I know where they are but cannot see where they are right now. OOPS will stop at nothing to get the Grail. What they cannot know is that the possession of the Grail grants power and that someone will covet that power even amongst OOPS who work for the good and protection of the world against the powers of darkness."

Constanza sighed "In Britain effectively the Grail held OOPS down and restricted their powers. With it gone they are starting to increase in their abilities and knowledge and seek the Grails return in a manner which allows them to keep their newfound abilities and control the Grails power. Thoth himself has his powers dampened somewhat by the Grail but has a number of totems and work arounds to give him more power than most. Plus the Grail protects the lands of Great Britain and surrounds but fades thereafter and Thoth is active across the world."

"Just... I don't know where he is right now." she frowned. She glanced at Mina Murray then fished about on a shelf and pulled down a withered piece of string with what looked to be a tooth of some great beast and several feathers attached on it. carefully placing it around Mina's head after removing the blanket Steeplejack watched the girl... and saw a remarkable transformation!

She changed physically, her skin becoming more pink and fangs receding, her eyes changing back to more human appearance. She looked about, terrified and distressed, and Constanza turned to Steeplejack. "The magical artefact shall hold the urge of the Vampire back some, but it is no cure. I shall be fine getting her cleaned up and ready and hopefully more civilised. For you... I would suggest ..." her eyes turned milky white and she looked about then pointed... "You head in that direction at your best speed to a public house known as the Tolling Bell... if you want to help Holmes and Haunt..." She blinked, eyes normal then looked about. "I'll get this young lady in a fit state."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next