The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

3 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Apr 09 2011, 19:53

Admin wrote:
OOC saw no mention of Lionhearts energy duplicate?

Err no not since these things absorb energy I don't think that would be a good idea just yet.

Also I don't know about the ship that docked with us, I suggested Silver Sentinel boarded it if it looked like he might not be a suicide run. If however he can't board from where he is because he'd need to come to where we are, or he can't board alone, then I suggest he comes to help us.

As I read it the aliens have their turn now?

I think we'd want P'ertaria to stay put, otherwise we have no idea what is going on outside. Lionheart can jam junk into the hole if need be. If P'ertaria gets into the hole, she might be sucked out.

Ok we'll wait to see what the Aliens do, and find out about the ship

If you are ok with that Ross, you are free to do what you wish in any case. Although Frostbite is supposed to be in charge I don't want to that to be too restrictive.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

Post  Admin Sat Apr 09 2011, 23:21

OOC Frostbite and Lionheart both have a frame each to use before the Aliens get their move. I'd draw a map but don't intend (one way or another) for the combat to go on for that long as the ship will not take the sort of battering superhumans can dole out. P'ertaria can find an alternate route for SS to come out of the corridor to the airlock without having to go through the hold if need be, but she's heading down to the hold unless someone says otherwise to seal the holes in the ship so the air isn't all sucked out. Lionheart will soon feel the effects of exposure to vacuum, as will Silver Sentinel should he go to the hold. Frostbite will shrug the cold of space off, but the lack of air might prove to be a problem... so, one frame apiece for the good guys, silver sentinel to decide whether to stay put or get moving, and the aliens go.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 10 2011, 07:19

Admin wrote:OOC Frostbite and Lionheart both have a frame each to use before the Aliens get their move.

Sorry Paul I didn't make it clearer.

================

Lionheart and Frostbite, both a bit disgusted with the aim, nonetheless picked up further debris. Lionheart caught Frostbite's eye, he'd use the piece to jam the holes whilst Frostbite held off the aliens.

Clearly things were not going well, unleashing the robot wasn't such a good idea. Clearly P'erteria was on her, way without concrete information on the boarding ship, it seemed obvious that the Silver Sentinel perhaps ought also to join them, that way perhaps together they could make headway together.

OOC:

One frame a piece to pick up debris, which we can use to auto parry, or block the hole if need be. Lionheart will dodge and Frostbite will auto parry with the debris to hand.

Ross I suggest in the light of things going pear shaped you might as well come down and join us for the fight and then we can decide together to take on the boarding ship. But go with whatever you want to do.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sun Apr 10 2011, 13:01

OOC: Sorry I wasnt sure if
just a small shuttle type thing?
or not either, when I saw the size of the boarding party a assumed it was a small craft. I also thought you guys (FB & LH) could normally hardle your selfs but I thought as these 'space vamps' didnt need air they would use it to there advanage.

IC: "Things are going from bad to worse. plan B it is then" the sentinel said rushing towards the hold as it sounded like world war three was being unleased down there and abandoing his plan the board the boarding ship. His strides got bigger and bigger as he bounded in the air and took fight with his palms stretched out in front of him.

OOC: How many frames before I get there? The usual quick blast I think if I make it in time.

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 11 2011, 14:19

Frostbite
E12 S32 D10 V12 Htk 45/45 (/4) Htc 47/47 (/3) ENERGY: 15/15 (rnd 1) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+17) or Energy Attack Powers: EA, TS, Str, Cyb
Lionheart
E18 S31 D10 V13 Htk 54/54 Htc 43/43 PSI: 22/22 (rnd 1) DC 6 WC 3 2d6/1d6 (+16) or PSI Dodge +8 Powers: PSI, Str, Agi, Reac, Speed, Special (duplicate)
Silver Sentinel
E12 S30 D10 V12 Htk 37/47 (/4) Htc 45/45 (/3) ENERGY: 8/15 (rnd 1/5) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+15) or Energy Powers: EA, Arm, Fli, Str, Metal
P'ertaria
E8 S20 D13 V11 Htk 38/38 (/4) Htc 40/40 (/3) DC 4 WC1 2d6/1d6-6 (+5) Powers: Freeform Shapeshift, Armour, Stretching, Strength, Wall Crawling, Skills

Frostbite and Lionheart grabbed up a sheet of metal and a large sheet of ceramic material that Frostbite (the wielder) thought rather reminded him of General Freedoms' shield! The Aliens look set to unleash their attacks, but then from the lift shaft flew Silver Sentinel! (OOC 2 frames to get here bouncing off every wall in the way and making a rather undignified entrance skipping off a mountain of junk and clattering into a wall, but hey, he's here!)

OOC Quick Blast from Silver Sentinel. 1 frame roll 17, hit. 4D6htk=20 damage 3D6htk=8 damage. Dividers reduced.

One of the aliens, already wounded by attacks, screeches as its body is blown asunder by the snatched blast from Silver Sentinels' powerful shot! The others glance without reaction at their falling comrade and reach out...

The robot is blocking the path to Frostbite where he stands, but Lionheart seems to be 'fair game', as does Silver Sentinel!

OOC Attack on Silver Sentinel. Ego (13) of Alien + roll (16) vs Ego (12) of Silver Sentinel + roll (7)= 10 damage to htk, ignores dividers. The alien recovers to its starting htk (30, as it wasn't damaged) and gains +10 to use as a damage modifier or damage reduction against incoming attacks. It lasts for (1d6 roll) 5 rounds or until used. The attack took an action. The alien moves with another action around the robot to get a clear shot at Frostbite next time round.

Silver Sentinel cries out as a jolt of lightning leaps from his body into the aliens open mouth! The alien savours this, but seems more impressed by the fact that Silver Sentinel is still alive! Furthermore, it speaks in English now having stolen a 'part' (albeit a miniscule one) of Silver Sentinel! "These humans are different to the others! Those others provide little in the way of sustenance! These? They are a veritable feast!"

The other (OOC injured, having taken 8htk, 7htc) attacks Lionheart in the same manner. The result is somewhat different!

Lionheart glances down as his body as he realises he's under a form of psychic attack then looks up and grins, lowering his metal sheet slightly to show the alien he's laughing. The Alien isn't though. It cries out as lightning plays across its form and creases up in pain before uttering "That one is... strong! We must join!" It moves (OOC last frame) across and round the robot to almost within touching distance of its comrade, still some 4m or so away from the heroes.

The alien smokes as if burnt.

OOC it is. It's taken 2d6 (5) Htk meaning it has 17/30htk remaining, 28/35htc and has no energy 'reserve'. The other has full health (30htk 35htc and +10 damage reserve) and is 'powered up'. The third is in bits on the floor.

"Destroy those two! The PSI empowered one will get what's coming to it!"
the aliens hiss, in stereo!

OOC You each have a frame left of this round, then initiative. That comes up Heroes 10, aliens 4. 3 frames before the bad guys act so you have four frames in which to act right now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 11 2011, 17:12

Admin wrote:"Destroy those two! The PSI empowered one will get what's coming to it!" the aliens hiss, in stereo!

OOC: Love the way these guys work, neat idea.

Admin wrote:OOC You each have a frame left of this round, then initiative. That comes up Heroes 10, aliens 4. 3 frames before the bad guys act so you have four frames in which to act right now.

Frostbite raised his arm and let out a howl of searing super cold energy at the first creature closest to him. <OOC1d20+3+6=20> Fortunately he hit the beast. <OOC:Damage: 6d6=[23HTK], 4d6=[19HTC] 10 points of energy used>

Sensing that the creatures worked more by mind attacks than by physical touch, Frostbite threw the piece of metal, not unlike General Freedom's shield, at the creatures. Hoping to further catch the creatures off guard.
<OOC:To hit:1d20+6+2=20> which fortunately managed to impact the creature <Improvised damage: ?+18 HTK>

Meanwhile Lionheart didn't waste a breath, he liked to mix it up with the best of them. But seeing how these creatures wanted to play on what he considered to be his home soil, he'd try to show them the error of their ways.

He concentrated adding, "Well if you think that smarts...try this." And with that a expanding beak of energy projected from his being, like a wall of force toward the alien. <OOC: note if the first one isn't down I will target him, if he is down I'll go for alien no 2. Roll to hit, Ego v Ego: 1d20+18=30 So 30 v whatever that guy can come back with. And damage will be 8 dice, which I'll let you roll.>

Having lashed out with one attack, Lionheart change tactics and lashed out with a second. Rushing forward he punched before speeding off again from harms way. <half a frame to run in, punch and half a frame to run out. To hit 1d20+3+6=26 which is a solid hit, for 2d6=[8 HTC], 1d6+16[21HTK].>

Both new that time was of the essence, both their resources and abilities might well mean nothing if the allowed this fight to go on longer than the air that remained, to fight within.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Apr 11 2011, 17:25

"AARGH"
Silver Sentinel cries out as a jolt of lightning leaps from his body into the aliens open mouth!

Staggering back to the rubbish pile he just bounced off Steve leaped over with a one handed valt.

"Thought the chaps could do with a hand" he said a little out of breath, as the jolt had torn some of his very essence, then firing all the remainder of his plasma energy at the (hopefully) remaining hissing beast.

OOC: SS really can make an entrance ..... not. First voming in front of a General now this lol.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 11 2011, 20:30

Frostbite
E12 S32 D10 V12 Htk 45/45 (/4) Htc 47/47 (/3) ENERGY: 5/15 (rnd 1) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+17) or Energy Attack Powers: EA, TS, Str, Cyb
Lionheart
E18 S31 D10 V13 Htk 54/54 Htc 43/43 PSI: 17/22 (rnd 1) DC 6 WC 3 2d6/1d6 (+16) or PSI Dodge +8 Powers: PSI, Str, Agi, Reac, Speed, Special (duplicate)
Silver Sentinel
E12 S30 D10 V12 Htk 37/47 (/4) Htc 45/45 (/3) ENERGY: 0/15 (rnd 2/5) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+15) or Energy Powers: EA, Arm, Fli, Str, Metal
P'ertaria
E8 S20 D13 V11 Htk 38/38 (/4) Htc 40/40 (/3) DC 4 WC1 2d6/1d6-6 (+5) Powers: Freeform Shapeshift, Armour, Stretching, Strength, Wall Crawling, Skills

And then there was one! Frostbite gathered his energy, icy form glowing and frost forming in the area where he stood. then he unleashed a potent blast that shocked the target! The Alien fell back, frozen stiff, and shattered into hundreds of pieces amongst the rubbish in the hold!

The robot turned, slamming a fist down once, twice on the remaining alien (OOC both hits, 2htk each after dividers. Puts the last alien on 26/30htk)

Silver Sentinel blasted with the remainder of his energy (OOC 8d6. Roll 10, hit, 18htk with dividers reduced, 9htc. Lionheart struck with his energy Lion, ignoring dividers and scoring 23htk on his 5 dice (max attack on PSI)) rocking the final Alien, before an energy Lion leapt on the thing and mauled it, finally dragging a cry from the alien!

And then... it was over!

The hissing continued, and P'ertaria came into the hold. "Oh!" she exclaimed, looking at the dessicated dried out alien bodies, two of which were in pieces! "Don't touch them!" she said, moving around them. "The slightest touch might be enough for them to drain the smallest part of your life and bring themselves back to life! I've never been there, but their planet is generally quarantined and said to be the most dangerous place in the universe for living beings! I wouldn't know about that... Earth seems as dangerous as any to me!"

She moved over to the leaking hold, scooping up sheets of metal as she went. "We need to weld these in place!" she shouted over the howl of escaping air. Planting her hand over the area she stretched it out and gasped, the pain of being exposed to vacuum apparent! "My body will go into hibernation to save me..." she said "But ... hopefully... my heroes... will ... fix the... hole... first ..." she said before her body completely hardened, becoming like rock!

The air had stopped escaping, but the temperature in here was well below freezing! The robot found itself struggling to move, frozen to the floor and its hydraulics becoming thick and solid in some pipes. Silver Sentinel felt his armour ice over on the outside, and his teeth chattered uncontrollably, whilst Lionheart hugged himself and hopped from foot to foot! Only Frostbite was unaffected.

OOC Battle is over - these things, given chance, would have been a challenge but three powerful superhumans, not even at the peak of their powers (well, Lionheart is but the other two are 4 or so power rolls short) were always going to have a better than equal chance of mopping the floor with them. But what's next? Will the Nazis wonder where their unwholesome new companions have gotten to? Will they open fire on the ship? How long will the ship hold together? Can our heroes fix the ship or will they all die a horrible death from the hard vacuum of space? Over to you Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Apr 11 2011, 22:05

IC: "We ddddont have mmmuch time" Steve exclamed "wwwwwhat do we do?" he said shivering and turning to Joe who hardly even noticed the change in temperture.

OOC: What about the boarding craft Dave, thats still an option isnt it? Obviously we save P'ertaria, we could use her to mimic the 'space vamps' just in case the other ship trys contacting us then board them and kiss some ass then hey pressto a space worth new spanking ship.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 11 2011, 23:06

smaug wrote:OOC: What about the boarding craft Dave, thats still an option isnt it? Obviously we save P'ertaria, we could use her to mimic the 'space vamps' just in case

OOC: Seems like a solid plan.

Frostbite turned to Help Silver Sentinel get the plates welded to the ship. With him holding them there, he suggested Lionheart bring P'ertaria over to the Nazi ship. "We need to get her and you warm as possible."

Once Sentinel had finished with the welding, he suggest he get to the airlock whilst he went for the robot, helping it to move as best as he could, toward the air lock as well.

OOC:

OK my suggestion is we move everyone to the airlock and board the Nazi ship. If need be we can shoot our ship from the Nazi craft, but unless we get P'ertaria warmed up she will not be able to help us and right now she is a major asset in boarding the Nazi ship and keeping ourselves and our mission alive.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 12 2011, 18:14

Frostbite
E12 S32 D10 V12 Htk 45/45 (/4) Htc 47/47 (/3) ENERGY: 5/15 (rnd 1) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+17) or Energy Attack Powers: EA, TS, Str, Cyb
Lionheart
E18 S31 D10 V13 Htk 54/54 Htc 43/43 PSI: 17/22 (rnd 1) DC 6 WC 3 2d6/1d6 (+16) or PSI Dodge +8 Powers: PSI, Str, Agi, Reac, Speed, Special (duplicate)
Silver Sentinel
E12 S30 D10 V12 Htk 37/47 (/4) Htc 45/45 (/3) ENERGY: 0/15 (rnd 2/5) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+15) or Energy Powers: EA, Arm, Fli, Str, Metal
P'ertaria

The robot helped with carrying P'ertaria, as she was rather unwieldy having spread her hand out to the size of a good sized tablecloth. Silver Sentinel concentrated on welding sheets of metal to the walls, and whilst he stopped the flow of air, another problem arose...

Scratching his head the Sentinel swore and looked about. The plates he'd welded were strong enough to hold - the problem was the walls about it were now buckling! They didn't have long!

Moving out of the hold they entered the corridor and made their way to the airlock until they saw a light shining from the curved walls of the corridor. Dim lighting disguised the Vanguards forms somewhat but flashlights from the other ship suggested a welcoming committee of some kind! "Wer ist da?" bellowed a voice from the other side of the airlock. It rather sounded like it was spoken through a helmet. The door to the other ships airlock was open, and there were a number of people inside the airlock itself. The door sealing the Nazi ships airlock was closed.

The robot spoke the obvious "If the enemy think they are being boarded, they will break contact with this ship and leave us - and their men in the airlock - to be sucked out into space! Which would be unfortunate."

OOC The ship is curved. As you round the corner you see, around 10m along the corridor, a door to the right as you walk towards it which is the airlock connecting your ship to the Nazi vessel. I was trying to draw it but spent so long fannying around with an art program I gave up. They've seen *something* moving about, but you ducked back out of view before they could get a clear look, but the robot would be a dead give away.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 4 2meo4lx

I'm sure that's as clear as mud, but you get the idea. The Nazis think someone is coming, but they don't know who. Knowing the nature of the things you guys just splattered they are jittery enough to shoot first then ask questions later... And all the while, that bulkhead you repaired behind you is groaning, and flexing...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 12 2011, 18:28

Admin wrote:OOC The ship is curved. As you round the corner you see, around 10m along the corridor, a door to the right as you walk towards it which is the airlock connecting your ship to the Nazi vessel. I was trying to draw it but spent so long fannying around with an art program I gave up. They've seen *something* moving about, but you ducked back out of view before they could get a clear look, but the robot would be a dead give away.

OOC:
Couple of questions first Paul, what state is P'ertaria in? Can she/ is she reviving at all?
Second what are the distances involved, if Lionheart Alternate (must come up with another name) can be formed inside the other ship, I can get the door open whilst attacking from this side and jumping everyone on? Maybe.

If Ross you have any other alternative ideas, lets here em, as for forming a plan that is what we need to do next.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Apr 12 2011, 21:14

OOC: Just one idea SJ, did I read correctly that Lionhearts duplicate can phase through walls? Is it possible to make him phase through our ship into theres behind the Nazis, get there attention and run further into the ship drawing them back into there own ship so we can attack them from behind so they dont fire at us and damage our already crippled ship. Its a mad mad idea but I might just work.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 12 2011, 21:46

smaug wrote:OOC: Just one idea SJ, did I read correctly that Lionhearts duplicate can phase through walls? Is it possible to make him phase through our ship into theres behind the Nazis, get there attention and run further into the ship drawing them back into there own ship so we can attack them from behind so they dont fire at us and damage our already crippled ship. Its a mad mad idea but I might just work.

Its a great idea, except I can only go up to 20m distance, but yeah, once we've got the link open that's still a great idea.

Just wait on Paul for the answers to my questions and we can work out how to proceed from there.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 13 2011, 04:19

OOC P'ertaria has gone into a hibernation state - she's frozen, kind of like what might happen if you left plasticine (or Putty) outside on a cold night. She'll quickly thaw and revive, but needs heat - and this place is uncomfortably cold for anyone save Frostbite, and that includes the robot with his computer brain still inside it. When you 'project' Lionheart it's kind of like what Hector Hall (Green Lantern foe) does or even Nowhere Man. Lionheart can see through his senses (remote sensing) but cannot physically affect anything until he's made his energy duplicate solid. Once solid, it cannot then phase through objects. It would need to be dispelled and reformed (expensive in terms of PSI). Where the tip of the scribbled arrow is in the corridor would be about the limit of where he can project Lionheart aboard the enemy ship, so he'll be in view of the Nazis at the airlock. Assuming the others can buy him time it would take only an action to project his energy duplicate into the other ship and have a look about (costing an action per look and 8 PSI to use the power) so Lionheart knows what's going on or simply form the energy duplicate there (and Lionheart can see/sense through his energy duplicate without using any actions). It's a potent, but limited power, but I think it was about time we gave Lionheart a twist/edge so as not to make him feel redundant amongst all these high powered heroes! Max range is 20m for the duplicate to act though, so he'll not be able to move far unless Lionheart gets closer. In some circumstances (if the ships separate for instance) that would prove painful, maybe even lethal if Lionheart were pulled through the bulkhead!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 13 2011, 07:24

Admin wrote:OOC unless Lionheart gets closer.

OOC: Thanks for that Paul.

===================

Mentally recalling the layout of the ship to mind once again, Lionheart had a sudden idea. He whispered to the others to be ready, and shot off in the opposite direction <OOC: clockwise around the outside corridor as per the map> so that he could distract the guards into firing in his direction and have their backs turned on the others.

"As soon as they fire, be ready to jump them, get P'ertaria into the airlock and Sentinel you'd better be ready, you might need to temporarily meld the ships together so they can't pull away." Lionheart said in a quick whisper. Then he was gone barely a trace of his having stood there but a moment before.

Running around the outside, dodging past creaking bulkheads, rubbish and twisted heaps of metal, he tried make his way to where the Nazi's stood to draw them toward the opposite side of the ship, from where the heroes stood.

OOC:

Ok so I suggest that with the Robot Leading carrying P'ertaria, Sentinel and Frostbite take the guards from behind, whilst they're distracted. As soon as Sentinel is level with the airlock, he breaks off and melds as much of both ships together as he can, before working on getting the door open, unless Lionheart get back before he's done. It depends on what we're facing.

If we can take the guards down quickly, Lionheart will project himself through the airlock and open it from the other side - that's the risky part, because if there is any kind of a welcoming party, that could be painful. In which case the brute force tactic might need to happen so you don't wait around for Lionheart. I will arrange a signal, if I'm safe on the other side I'll knock three times, if however I'm not safe I won't be knocking except heads together there's or mind depending on what I find.

Hope that is all clear.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 13 2011, 11:10

OOC If Silver Sentinel is good with that I'll put it into action - seems a solid plan Smile

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 13 2011, 11:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling is so bad I sometimes forget to post words, never mind spell 'em right...)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Apr 13 2011, 17:31

OOC: Behind you 100% SJ (I've just realized Steeple Jack has the same initials as Steve Jenson .........yes I know I'm slow)

"As soon as they fire, be ready to jump them, get P'ertaria into the airlock and Sentinel you'd better be ready, you might need to temporarily meld the ships together so they can't pull away." Lionheart said in a quick whisper. Then he was gone barely a trace of his having stood there but a moment before.

"What other options do we have?" Steve shrugged to Joe as Lionheart ran off down the corridor.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 14 2011, 05:33

Frostbite
E12 S32 D10 V12 Htk 45/45 (/4) Htc 47/47 (/3) ENERGY: 5/15 (rnd 3/5) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+17) or Energy Attack Powers: EA, TS, Str, Cyb
Lionheart
E18 S31 D10 V13 Htk 54/54 Htc 43/43 PSI: 22/22 (rnd 1) DC 6 WC 3 2d6/1d6 (+16) or PSI Dodge +8 Powers: PSI, Str, Agi, Reac, Speed, Special (duplicate)
Silver Sentinel
E12 S30 D10 V12 Htk 37/47 (/4) Htc 45/45 (/3) ENERGY: 0/15 (rnd 3/5) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+15) or Energy Powers: EA, Arm, Fli, Str, Metal
P'ertaria

Lionheart sped off, slowing as the junk and support beams of the ship stopped his passage. Finally making his way through (and by finally - taking seconds - an age for him) he made his way around the stricken ship and himself known to the Nazis. There were dressed in bubble dome helmets and grey diving suits cut to look like uniforms. Whilst their appearance was archaic, the weapons were anything but! Lionheart recognised a crude implementation of his time ears magnetic acceleration technology. Ultra thin slivers would be propelled magnetically from a gun, expanding as heat friction built (and slowing them too) so that when they struck something they would pass through it for the most part (as a sliver) or into it as a bullet (from a range of 10m or more). Nasty. Standard battlefield issue in the day. At close range they would punch through this era's tanks like paper!

The Nazis trained their guns on him and punched thousands of holes into the ship following his movements, which were too fast for them to hit. He saw Silver Sentinel and Frostbite strike with fists on the Nazis, and not pulling their punches! They cried out and bounced from walls, ceilings, before Lionheart joined them in the fray. The three of them punished their foes with superhuman strength and before they knew it, the battle was over. Silver Sentinel plucked a number of the metal shards, slivers, from his suit and brushed others away. Though the shot had missed they'd bounced from a nearby curve in the wall and embedded in his armour. A straight shot might have punctured his armour, and just a single one would have hurt.

The corridor was pinpricked by thousands of the things!

And air was properly hissing out now! The heat dropped rapidly, and the group knew they were running out of time!

Bringing up P'ertaria, the robot stated "The Nazis on the ship will know we are coming"

With a glance at each other, the group continued with their plan.

Silver Sentinel melted the metal of the airlock join between ships and smoothed it over like wet sand. It hardened as he broke his power off and all eyes turned to Lionheart...

OOC Have to go to work, will finish the actions/posts later, sorry!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 14 2011, 08:55

OOC Continued from before...

Lionheart, moving some of the unconscious Nazi boarding party aside, considered his options. He stepped up to the metal door that seperated the docking tube from one ship to another and concentrated. A glowing energy formed around him, and his 'other self' stepped free, turning to grin at his solid duplicate and look down at the nazis. "You've been busy! Where are... Ah yes. Say, why don't you dress up as Nazis and bring a bunch of prisoners on board the other ship? Remember that vintage film you watched in the academy with the cardboard special effects and the laughable dialogue? Wars of the star or something? Amazing how it survived the war, eh? Right, let's get on with it!"

The robot clomped up. "Curious. The senses of this device pick up a living breathing being with sentience, as best they can, but that construct is not 'truly' alive. Impressive."

OOC If you want to consider the option the duplicate offers, feel free, otherwise the next update later will have Lionheart on the other ship. Might have to wait till I get home to make a map and pictures...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 14 2011, 09:22

OOC Continued from before...

Admin wrote: "You've been busy! Where are... Ah yes. Say, why don't you dress up as Nazis and bring a bunch of prisoners on board the other ship? Remember that vintage film you watched in the academy with the cardboard special effects and the laughable dialogue? Wars of the star or something? Amazing how it survived the war, eh? Right, let's get on with it!"

Lionheart looked speculatively as did the others as the other self as it made suggestions, Lionheart hadn't thought of himself. "Curious..." was all that managed to tumbled out of his otherwise shocked countenance. "Ok you heard the man..." He hesitated stumbling over the word, "Lets change uniforms and get them into ours so we can keep the cat in the bag a bit longer."

With that Lionheart sped over, grabbed the guards and uniforms and stripped them quickly, so the others could get in.

Turning again to Sentinel, Frostbite piped in. "You did a great job with the doors here, but pretty soon we're going to want to cut loose, nothing fancy, lets just severe the link."

Admin wrote:OOC If you want to consider the option the duplicate offers, feel free, otherwise the next update later will have Lionheart on the other ship. Might have to wait till I get home to make a map and pictures...

Fine mate, thanks for the updates this morning. Could I just ask, for clarity, when the Robot spoke with my computers voice, was it speaking with regard to the robot its is within?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 14 2011, 23:23

OOC Your computer presence has somehow been transferred into the robot lock, stock, and barrel! It's speaking as if the robot were itself, and seems to have gained something of a personality since being 'set free'. It's pure coincidence (not planned, honest!) that Lionheart has the same thing happening in a slightly different way, so nothing to read into that. Frostbite might be slightly confused by what's going on but a touch will bring the computer 'back home' into him and revert the robot to its original programming... Whether that would be desirable or not is another matter entirely!

So, you guys are dressing up in the Nazi uniforms. Stripping the Nazis of their uniforms will kill them, but this is war and there are no penalties for killing these guys, so I will assume that you divert your efforts where possible into inflicting HTK damage unless you say otherwise. Also, with the Nazi uniforms on, has the plan changed? I haven't finished with the map for the other ship yet (have finished one or two pics though) so thought I'd ask whether you still intended to send the glowing energy Lionheart through the metal airlock door to have a look on the other side or whether you are trusting to your bluffing skills to pose as Nazi troops. Will update when I know. I also understand about Ross and his computer problems - off the top of my head it will be power supply or cable, or the motherboard. Or maybe the CPU but a recent one will throttle rather than go bang. I can testify that older CPUs do go bang if you overclock them too much, and that power supplies really do go BANG! when they go, sound like a gun going off, with associated smoke and falling off chair in panic etc...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 15 2011, 07:49

Admin wrote:OOC Stripping the Nazis of their uniforms will kill them, but this is war and there are no penalties for killing these guys, so I will assume that you divert your efforts where possible into inflicting HTK damage unless you say otherwise. Also, with the Nazi uniforms on, has the plan changed?

Oh, I thought we might be able to transfer our current suits for theirs and therefore avoid needless bloodshed. If we can swap suits so be it, if we can't we might need to hold of the suit exchange, unless we've no option. Get onboard first and then change uniforms, leaving these guys in our suits tied up so they can do no further harm.

So Lionheart will still send his duplicate through, to 'secure' the other side. And scout it effectively. At least we know now that neither ship can pull away and they won't blow us up if it risks themselves.

As regards the computer - don't know. It sure sounds nasty, I remember paying someone to keep looking at my old pc and it was change this that and the other and in the end, it was easier to have spent the money on a new pc. My current PC, an aspire, gets really noisy, if I put it into sleep mode then awaken it, for some reason it remains fairly quiet, but playing any games, doing graphics and now running a Wireless USB connection to the Internet seems to make it a bit nosier still.

Anyway thanks for the clarification.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 15 2011, 23:43

Frostbite
E12 S32 D10 V12 Htk 45/45 (/4) Htc 47/47 (/3) ENERGY: 5/15 (rnd 3/5) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+17) or Energy Attack Powers: EA, TS, Str, Cyb
Lionheart
Silver Sentinel
E12 S30 D10 V12 Htk 37/47 (/4) Htc 45/45 (/3) ENERGY: 0/15 (rnd 3/5) DC 4 WC 2 2d6/1d6-6 (+15) or Energy Powers: EA, Arm, Fli, Str, Metal
P'ertaria

OOC Noisy laptop is easy. Check to make sure there have been no firmware updates to cure any 'always on fan' problems (I had one with my Dell) then take the screws out of the back to reveal the cpu/gfx card cooler. Chances are it will be completely clogged with dust. I use a compressor to blow mine out but a hoover will do just as well. You'd be surprised how much cooler (and quieter) they run but needs doing regularly, once a month or so or will clog again.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 4 30avzw6

The energy duplicate passed through the airlock door like it wasn't there. In actual fact the duplicate wasn't really there - it was simply a visible manifestation of Lionhearts will, formed into a solid construct with a thought when required. It passed into the other ship and noted the advanced alien technology used in the things construction. It would be a century or more before Earth turned out the advanced computer and electronics systems used on the ship! All around the walls were panels of blinking lights and touch screen controls, whilst Lionheart saw what awaited the group - a welcoming committee!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 4 Hrx5br

Nazi Troopers dressed in crude space suits and armed with machine guns that fired magnetic propellant slivers waited patiently for the word to attack. They were unsure of what to expect, but in these numbers felt confident they could deal with whatever the Space Vampires had left!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 4 Bkj2v

Not so much little, but certainly green men, a strange alien with a vicious looking hand to hand weapon that vibrated and buzzed away. Chances were it could do some serious damage, whilst the aliens themselves looked up for a scrap.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 4 2q2jq1j

Dressed in plain grey smock and trousers, these were clearly once men... now something else! The energy duplicate saw their blood filled eyes and rotting skin, and could only come to the conclusion that they were in fact the undead!

All of them turned to see the glowing form pass through the airlock. At once they shouted to attack!

OOC I assume that Lionheart doesn't solidify his duplicate. It may well be fast enough to avoid the bullets, but these things may have other attacks in store! As for the uniforms - it's your choice. The Nazis would happily see you dead and in a wartime situation all superhero rules are chucked out the window. I bet Captain America didn't stop to see if the Nazis he clobbered were all right!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Apr 16 2011, 14:52

As Lionheart relayed the infomation to the others about what was on the otherside of the air lock Steve heart sank, feeling that they must of won this fight and claim there prize of a new ship but only to find out that more nazis awaited them as almost soul crushing.

"So what do we do now, do we go on?" Steve asked disheartend

OOC: Should/could I melt a whole in there hull and peg it. Still yet to get my PC sorted Sad

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum