The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

3 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 22 2011, 16:34

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart (evolution)

Admin wrote:In moments he is within range of the enemy! There are two close by (T6/R5) and one (S5) cutting through the lock on the door, whilst the other (Q6) is around a corner watching for an attack to come!

OOC Initiative Heroes 9, Bad guys 2. You have all your frames (Lionheart 5, Sentinel 4) to act. You have three targets (two are attacking you, the other is DC6 but with +2 to hit as his back is turned and cutting away at the lock on the door)

"Oh boy, its good to see you brought some beers and a fancy laser show. Now let me show you some fancy lights of my own as I punch your's out."

Lionheart quipped as he speed into the combat.

OOC: Time to use some Psi power, I will attack the first one cutting through the lock with a Psi blast. Not sure what my energy levels are. But here goes nothing. 10 points for a x2 Multiplier and here is my ego roll v defenders= 1d20+18=35 I like that roll, but you'll have to resolve damage Paul, as I can't know what the defenders roll will be.

After firing at him, I will lunch into attack against the other two, two punches on the more dangerous and then sweep to the side to get the other one. So 1d20+3+6=20, 1d20+3+6=20 Random, two 20's but neither a critical. Oh well, so 3 +3+26=32, and 32 HTC - minus dividers =32. I will use my remaining frame to get between Spartan and the alien beating him up.

=====

Lionheart couldn't believe how his 'evolution' had effected him, the speed beyond anything he'd known as was the power and ability's. Yet this wasn't a time to marvel, but rather face up to his responsibilities. After finishing up here, he had an agent down and another possible intrusion on the flight deck to take care off, yet.

SJ

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

Post  smaug Sun May 22 2011, 17:21

OOC: Damm SJ your almost scaring me with that little speech.

IC: Steves thoughts were on the same lines as frostbites, he to knew the odds of wining this skirmish but he too couldn't see any other way out so fight on they must. The way he always wanted to go out with fight in his eyes and soul, with grit and passion.

The sentinel flew into the fight along side his new found friend and battle brother who he trusted completely, even with his life. He fired at quick blast of plasma at the nearest foe and agent to swing his metal clad fist at its snarling grin.

"Its been....... a honnor my ...... friend" sentinel grunted between his attacks

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 23 2011, 14:10

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

OOC total of 24 for attack roll, -17=7 accuracy, x2, 14htc (I assume all on Htc so it will reduce your dividers by 1 point to -1, but that's just fine, as it drops them to 1 anyway).

Frostbite, desperate almost, felt the creeping urge to call on that fearsome Dark Power, that irresistible unpredictable force of doom that resided within! And it was doom. It was not a force for good, or for healing or helping. It's power was destructive, all encompassing and unstoppable. He shuddered.

Standing aside (OOC a bit of ad-libbing here from me) he aimed over the opponents shoulder and blasted, eliciting a snort from the cyborg!

OOC Alien Cyborg no.5 taken down

Hearing a metal clatter behind it the Cyborg wiped the smile from it's face and set to with a vengeance! Ignoring it's orders, it instead decided to kill the stubborn, resistant human standing in front of it!

OOC Attacks on Frostbite 1d20+1+6=17, 1d20+1+6=13, 1d20+1+6=27. One hit, a critical no less! Plus 1d20=12. Total 39, less 17=22 Accuracy. + 10 for strength (doing htk damage). 8 htk after dividers. I am going to make an assumption that you will NOT parry, as you've wound the Alien up and it's played into your hands. Frostbite is harder to kill than knock out, but the Alien might realise this unless you goad it in some manner.

The Cyborg slashed with its hand, breaking through the ice sheath and scoring a red line across Frostbites chest! Frostbite cried out, but his keen mind realised he'd finally gotten to the Aliens. They had been battering him senseless but he'd resisted all their efforts to fall! Now it seemed the things were intent on finishing him off, and to hell with orders!

P'ertaria faced against the Cyborg that she'd attacked, somewhat fearful.

OOC 1d20+1+6=10, 1d20+1+6=27, 1d20+1+6=21. And she's right to be! 2 hits, one of which a critical! 1d20=4 for the extra roll. 14 accuracy, 12 for the punch and +10 strength mean 36 damage, 18 after dividers. P'ertaria is staggered having already been hurt. The final blow (18htc/2 to 9htc) finishes her off.

With a titanic punch and chopping downward strike, the cyborg splatters P'ertaria across the floor like a grey puddle!

It turns, triumphant, and intends to take on the human before addressing the problem of their rogue comrade!

OOC It's initiative time... or perhaps Payback time?

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 T6xny9

1d10=8 Heroes, 1d10=1 Bad guys. 4 frames to you, 3 to the robot. It's a straight 2 on 2 fight now. You have full energy and a riled opponent.

Frostbot, aware of its failings thus far, tried to make amends for its hopeless showing in combat!

OOC 1d20+1+6=23, 1d20+1+6=25, 1d20+1+6=19. And does so, with 3 hits! 22, 26 and 14 htc, reduced by dividers to 11,13 and 7. 31htc damage! It had already taken damage (was on 19htc) so goes down!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 2jb3apw

Then there was one! The other still standing is stunned and Frostbot is in charge of the third Cyborg. This fight has flipped again on its head! You have 4 frames.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 23 2011, 14:42

Somehow posted twice

Last edited by Steeple_jackuk on Mon May 23 2011, 14:44; edited 1 time in total
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 23 2011, 14:43

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Admin wrote:World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 2jb3apw
Then there was one! The other still standing is stunned and Frostbot is in charge of the third Cyborg. This fight has flipped again on its head! You have 4 frames.[/i]

Frostbite heard P'ertaria go down but realised he had to concentrate all his energies on his final foe. Even as he mustered his resolve, the strange power within that gave him his source of strength also seemed to respond and awake again with his effort.

Raising his hand, Frostbite couldn't help pull a short grin, at least he hoped that things could now be evened up.
==============
OOC: Two blasts First is going to be x5, roll to hit: 1d20+3+6=28 (Yes!) x5 =55 all to HTC, which takes this cookie out I believe.

==============

Almost exhausted as the last Alien feel to the ground, He then turned to face the stunned remaining Cyborg, stepping over to him, he decided to punch him. [OOC:1d20+2+6=24 (Yes again!) 7+7+17=31/2=15 which soundly knocks him out I believe.]

As the last alien fell, Frostbite wiped his face, he felt wrecked.

"Frostbot, Lets get this ship to the rendezvous point, we should be free of our pursuit now."

Having issued his command, Frostbite went over to P'ertaria, but being unfamiliar with her race, he wasn't sure what to do. Carefully he made sure she was free from any entanglements and began to make sure the cyborgs remained out of harm, including the one Frostbot controlled.

"We'd better contact the others and find out what is going on." Inside he shuddered at how close he'd got to using the dark power within with the inevitable consequences that might have followed. IN his weakened state, who knows of the Dark Prince might have been able to taken advantage with him in such a condition.

OOC:

Ok Frostbite is securing the aliens, making sure they don't set off any bombs or nasty booby traps. He's trying to make sure P'ertaria is as comfortable as can be and seeing what he can do to make sure the rest of the ship is secure.

I'll take that surge to HTC if I may, might as well rally myself in case anything else begins to happen.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 23 2011, 14:59

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart (evolution)

OOC Roll of 1d20+8=10 for the Aliens Ego. Oh dear. That's 25, multiplied by 2, 50htc.

Lionhearts energy field gathered around him. His eyes crackled and blazed, the Lion logo on his chest and wrists glowed like the sun! An energy lion burst forth, massive, over 7' high at the shoulder, and leapt at the Cyborg! The cyborg swung and thrashed at the thing as it splashed over him, breaking into hundreds of tiny lions that tore and ripped at his body! Without leaving a mark on him they had the Cyborg screaming in agony, and, clutching his head, he screamed, throwing himself back as energy trailed from him! Crashing to the floor with energy playing over his form, suddenly a lion formed and padded back to its master, disappearing into his body!

OOC Your PSI powers/points are still to update. Might save that to the next advance as he's kick ass enough at the moment.

The other cyborgs were shocked!

Lionheart stepped to the Cyborg cutting the door lock. Ignoring any notion of chivalry and honour, he slammed his fist into the back of the Cyborgs head, then pulled the things head back before driving his knee up into the base of its neck!

OOC +2 per strike from behind. That boosts each hit to 22. 10 damage, plus 26 bonus for each, total 36htc.

SMACK! BANG!!!

The Cyborgs head dented the hard metal door and the senseless alien slid down, out for the count! In the blink of an eye Lionheart was stood between the Cyborg standing over Spartan and his fallen agent!

Sentinel, spurred on by his friends example, levelled his hands to blast!

OOC Ross/Sentinel - you'll need to move a frame to get to the Cyborg at R5 on the map. With that in mind (and I hope you don't mind) I changed your attack to a full power energy blast (5 points) and another if required, so as not to waste an attack with moving. 1d20+3+6=25, 1d20+3+6=19. Damage is 25-17=8 x5=40 points. Even directing it against Htc (dividers reduced to -1) that drops the bad guy. The second blast is not required against that one, and Sentinel blasts against the final Cyborg. 10htc.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 Hred83

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 2nuio49

The final Cyborg reels from the blast. Pulling it's gun around with anger it suddenly states "eeep!" as Lionheart appears in front of it, quick as a flash! Seeing Sentinel (OOC in his S+M gimp gear no less) with smoking hand and ready to blast again decided the issue, especially after seeing its comrades lying at odd angles across the floor!

Raising its hands and dropping the pistol, the Cyborg pulls what passes for a sheepish grin and makes a plaintive noise in its alien tongue.

OOC fight over. You have more prisoners to chuck in the brig. I will assume the following:

Lionheart quickly pinned the Cyborg to the wall, arm behind his back, and moved to the cell door. Punching in the code the Agents had told him they'd used to secure the prisoners, he watched the door swish open. Instantly he was rushed by those inside, but the group of cyborgs were hurled back as their comrade was shoved at them with brute force! Sentinel finished clearing the mess up by tossing the others in after, having disarmed them and admired a couple of their pistols.

With a swish the door hissed shut, and Lionheart, at speed, moved to the corridor ends to deactivate the sentry guns with a simple click of a switch. There was little to do about the attack craft jutting through the hull where the aliens had come in (OOC helpfully not shown on the map...) but the floor, like that below it, was secure. He moved over to Spartan, where Silver Sentinel was helping the downed agent. "He's alive." confirmed Sentinel. "But in a bad way. He needs to get to the infirmary with the other two agents. I think it's on level 2."

OOC You have a dying agent, secured floor and two superheroes to decide what to do with next. Both know Frosty is battling for his life on the bridge. Over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 23 2011, 15:21

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 1zqwmmv

OOC posts crossed, but those rolls do everything you need to do. No need for surge - he will start to recover out of combat. Making assumptions here chaps to get you ticking along, so apologies for the auto-pilotting/railroading. Feel free to interject with comments and actions.

Things moved quickly from there. Lionheart relaxed, sensing Frostbite and the others were safe. Asking Sentinel to take Spartan to the infirmary, he went on up to the bridge.

"I see you took care of things just nicely! Made a mess though..." said Lionheart, raising an eyebrow at Frostbites' battered state. Frostbite turned to see his friend enter and relaxed, sagging into the Captains' chair, befitting his status as team leader. "Yeah. They softened me up a bit. Frostbot?"

"Pursuers are falling behind sir. Accelerating to Quantum speed. Engaging. Now."

There was a jolt as the ship shifted from interplanetary speed to that which would see them jump between stars if need be!

"Who would have thought it?" said Frostbite as he stepped down from the chair, pulling battered Cyborgs into a heap and securing them with their own ties (OOC like tie wraps). "We're in space! We secured the Lunarium needed to appease the P'utinarians and we fought off an attack by aliens! You couldn't make this stuff up!" The inner voice reminded him that such things were normal everyday occurrences! "How are the others?"

Lionheart filled him in on the injuries, and they watched the screen as the Frostbot/Cyborg clanked about, operating controls. The solar system flashed up on the screen, planets hurtling by. The sight took the pairs breath away, whilst the Frostbot got on with the grisly business of piling dead bodies to drop out of the airlock at the first opportunity.

The battle had been won, the heroes triumphant, but the war continued...

=========

In the infirmary on level 2 the alien technicians had offered no resistance, and indeed been compliant to the teams wishes...

Sentinel set Spartan down and Boudica came over to him. "The alien technology will knit his body together. It has already saved Guillotines life." she gestured to a large clear glass tank full of glowing liquid where the naked wounded form of the agent bobbed up and down, face mask allowing her to breathe.

"You are very brave." said Boudica. "You and your friends are powerful and fearsome warriors, yet I feel you do no more than that required, despite the power at your command. I respect that." she said, smiling and looking Sentinel in the eye. She got on with operating controls. Sentinel watched the sway of her hips, smiled to himself and looked about. The technicians were performing their routine duties in there. It didn't matter to them who was in charge.

They were all slaves regardless.

=========

The ship blasted through the dark void, heading out beyond Pluto, where a distant gleaming point in the sky grew larger...

Now they just had to convince the P'utinarians they were friends, and see if they would switch to the Allies side!

OOC more later if I get the chance. Got a kid sat on my knee so hard to type!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 23 2011, 15:28

Admin wrote:
The ship blasted through the dark void, heading out beyond Pluto, where a distant gleaming point in the sky grew larger...

Now they just had to convince the P'utinarians they were friends, and see if they would switch to the Allies side!

OOC more later if I get the chance. Got a kid sat on my knee so hard to type!

OOC: Multi tasking comes with being a parent ;-).

Good post, thanks for checking the math on some of those rolls. Glad it worked out, should be fun to see the sorts of threats we come up against now.

As you say this is the time to try and bring things around so that we can try and get the P'utinarians away from here if not joining us.

Before you dash on I will add that I'd like to make sure that P'ertaria is looked after in the infirmary as well. It won't do to have our P'utinarian ally beaten black and blue when we meet her leaders.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 24 2011, 14:48

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Situation: Our heroes, desperate to entice the alien race known as the P'utinarians away from the Nazis, perhaps even to the allies own cause, travelled to the United States to 'borrow' a crashed P'utinarian spacecraft. Despite coming under attack from their arch enemies, the Shadow Demons, the Vanguard managed to get the craft into space and heading towards the moon where they hoped to secure a supply of Lunarium, despite the warnings of P'ertaria, a P'utinarian who would help secure the Lunarium for her people and convince them to abandon the Nazi cause. However, the Vanguards craft was attacked and boarded by Nazi led Aliens in a much larger, more powerful spacecraft! It became apparent that the Earth was becoming a place where all the vile, mercenary and power hungry races in the galaxy were gathering for a share of the Lunarium spoils - and more besides! Whilst Hitler, his allies from the future and the others, including Shadow Demons, who'd rallied to his cause thought they were in control, little did they know of the impending conflict to befall our small blue planet! Above all of those threats, and rivalling that of the Shadow Demons, the entity known as The Devourer, a being that existed to suck the life from worlds in order to extend its own existence! When the Vanguardians called upon their Dark power, every powerful race in the universe became aware of it. Would they view such power as a treasure, to be seized? Or a threat, to be quashed?

Despite being outnumbered, the Vanguardians battled and won out against the Nazis, seizing their ship! Before they could escape the Nazis launched a desperate bid to capture their enemies. They nearly succeeded, but once more the Vanguard won out. During the battle both Frostbite and Silver Sentinel called on their Dark Powers, the sinister immortal entities that their bodies were home to. No one knew the range and depth of their powers, certainly not the invincible biological killing machines the Nazis unleashed against them! Against the Dark Power they were as dust, and the Vanguard broke through the blockade to head to the far side of the solar system. Lionheart found Saladin, a prisoner on board the science vessel they had captured, and the pair finally realised their true destiny - to become one being! With new found power Lionheart fought off another enemy from the past, Claude Bentham. He and Damon Trowers (OOC Lionheart issue #1 page 5) were part of a group from the future that had started the whole time change, and planned to create an army of superhuman warriors - based on Lionheart and Saladin - to make themselves the masters not just of the Earth, but of the Universe!

Again, Lionheart won out, and recruited three awoken PSI Corps agents from their gestation tubes. They are Boadicea (OOC think that is the right spelling?), Spartan and Guillotine. At the moment their loyalties lie with Lionheart, but Bentham was a genius of unparalleled heights, and he engineered his escape, doubtless to return in the future with more schemes and plans in store.

Now the battered science vessel closes in on the vast world ship of the P'utinarians. They hope to finally secure the aid of an advanced Alien race - or at least have them no longer support the Nazis!

=========

Lionheart carefully gestured with his hand.

His fine control of the telekinetic power at his disposal was increasing. He would have to find time to catalogue and test the powers at his disposal. Whereas before, when he could unleash the Golden Lion, he'd felt as if his power had taken a leap forward, now that seemed like a crutch, a means of support until he gained his TRUE potential. And it was only just the beginning.

He watched as the grey globules of P'ertarias body rolled together, his telekinesis forming her into a bubble. Finally, without any other means of containing her form, he poured her gently into a large glass container, hopeful she would recover before they docked with the P'utinarian vessel.

Silver Sentinel looked up. He was smoothing over metal that had been burnt through by the acid blood of the vile killing machines the Nazis had unleashed. The Bridge looked like a war zone!

Clutching a wet towel to his head to flatten the bruising he'd suffered, Frostbite looked at the alien technicians, busying themselves fixing wiring and panels. "Can we trust them?" he asked.

The Frostbot - currently occupying an Alien cyborg, spoke up "They are an Alien race known as the Skrarls. Reptilian in nature, their main advantage - and curse - is their ability to reproduce. They lay thousands of eggs at a time, and their planets are massively overpopulated. The society is divided into castes, with the lowest being used simply as food or manual labour. They are cannibalistic. Some are given implants that direct their actions, and are assigned tasks as slaves on vessels such as this. The more aggressive, larger ones are turned into Cyborgs like the form I wear. They are an aggressive, conquering race. With each civilisation they overcome, the technology is adapted and integrated into their own. These drone Skrarls will do the task assigned to them - service the ship - and return to their quarters. Their lifespan significantly outlasts that of a human and requires less nutrition. They are an excellent way of performing menial tasks."

Suddenly a screen flickered and crackled, filling the whole of the front facing wall. "Incoming Nazi registered vessel. State your intention. Our agreement was that this area of space is a no fly zone to yourselves and any alien races you align to other than ourselves. We will defend ourselves if your intentions are hostile!" The creature on the screen was grey and oozing, like P'ertaria, but less defined and more 'male'.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue May 24 2011, 21:04

"I dont think the yanks will like the fact we would be returning their crashed ship" sentinel quipted.

Suddenly a screen flickered and crackled, filling the whole of the front facing wall. "Incoming Nazi registered vessel. State your intention. Our agreement was that this area of space is a no fly zone to yourselves and any alien races you align to other than ourselves. We will defend ourselves if your intentions are hostile!" The creature on the screen was grey and oozing, like P'ertaria, but less defined and more 'male'.
click as the screen quickly switched off

"Well I guess that was the welcoming commity" silver sentinel said standing on the bridge with his arms crossed.

OOC: Is P'ertaria on the bridge and awake? Did she reconized the 'male' on the viewing screen?

IC: "So whats the plan then? State our true intentions or play the nazi scientist card?"

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 24 2011, 21:08

OOC P'ertaria is still out. May present a problem... She is still on the bridge though. In a glass container.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 24 2011, 22:24

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Admin wrote:Suddenly a screen flickered and crackled, filling the whole of the front facing wall. "Incoming Nazi registered vessel. State your intention. Our agreement was that this area of space is a no fly zone to yourselves and any alien races you align to other than ourselves. We will defend ourselves if your intentions are hostile!" The creature on the screen was grey and oozing, like P'ertaria, but less defined and more 'male'.

Frostbite stood up, mindful to make a good impression and trying hard not to flick a glance at the grey ooze that was residing prominently on the console.

"Hail P'utinarian vessel, we are friends and allies of P'ulesin and of the High Council." Lionheart interjected before Frostbite even had much chance to say any more. Frostbites mouth flopped open stupidly for a moment whilst, wrong footed by Lionheart's sudden interjection he tried to regain his footing. Then thinking through what his friend had offered, he shrugged and nodded. After all unlike him, Lionheart had more complete memories of their past/future.

Lionheart continued, "As a gesture of good will we bring you enough Lunarium for you to power your ship and leave this space forever. In return we ask only for a meeting with P'ulesin and the high council, in terms of peace."

Frostbites memory, the memory of his guest, was foggy at best but Lionheart's words triggered recollections of another time on the Moon, with the remnants of a Nazi base and other less savoury elements.

Lionheart crossed his arms, looking intently at the viewer. He wondered if the faction that had blasted off from Bedlam's ship, intent on keeping the Nazi special relationship, had got ahead of them. In which case they might have just walked into a trap. Moments ticked by as the heroes waited to find out what would happen next.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 24 2011, 23:34

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

The screen blinked off.

"Cut from their end." stated the Frostbot.

Lionheart frowned, then shrugged. Then all turned to a blinking light on a console. One of the Alien technicians came up, looked at it, then ran reptilian fingers over controls to bring up a plotted course into the P'utinarian motherships landing bay - or one of them at least. The thing was massive! The Frostbot (in Alien Cyborgs body) confirmed "We have been given permission to land"

=========

The sheer size of the space vessel took the breath away...

It was like a city in space, which was essentially what it was. Automated systems landed the ship smoothly. The Frostbot confirmed that repairs could be started on the outside of the ship whilst it was docked, and no sooner had it said that then reptilian technicians scurried out, feverishly stripping broken parts and fixing them with cold, mechanical efficiency.

The landing platform opened from the huge space vessel the Vanguard had flown in on and into a docking bay which could have accommodated a dozen of the same size vessels! It was eerie and quiet though, dusty and unused.

A welcoming committee of dozens of P'utinarians oozed and flowed through a wide double door. Some were armed, though the weapons looked like bags of glowing green ooze designed to be squeezed and fire the stuff over intruders.

The group stopped short and one came forward. "The high council will see you, humans. It's not like we have a choice. Your kind takes what it wants anyway." It stood aside, expecting the Vanguard to be led to the council chamber.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 25 2011, 07:25

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

With the blank screen and followed by the obvious summons, Lionheart turned to the others.

"I think we ought to bring the Lunarium with us and also P'ertaria. She's been hurt and we don't know enough about her system to know if she needs attention. Hopefully the Lunarium will act as a sign of good faith.

We can leave the other Psi agents onboard and if we need back up call on their help?"

Frostbite nodded although he didn't like it, turning up with P'ertaria alone wasn't going to win them points from the welcome committee.

"Ok, lets do this." Was all he said, grimly.

=======
OOC: Lionheart will want to strip out the Lunarium from the bomb with whoever else he needs to get the job done, so that this isn't a weapon we're bringing onboard the mothership.
=======

Admin wrote:
The sheer size of the space vessel took the breath away...

A welcoming committee of dozens of P'utinarians oozed and flowed through a wide double door. Some were armed, though the weapons looked like bags of glowing green ooze designed to be squeezed and fire the stuff over intruders.

The group stopped short and one came forward. "The high council will see you, humans. It's not like we have a choice. Your kind takes what it wants anyway." It stood aside, expecting the Vanguard to be led to the council chamber.

Lionheart stepped forward, "We know this to be true and for that reason as a gesture of good faith and also to prove we are not all alike, even as within your race there are two kinds of P'utinarians..." Lionheart shuddered at the thought of the cannibalistic K'atinarians. "And want to show you that not all the people of the earth are like the Nazi's." Lionheart then stepped aside as the Frostbot, brought the Lunarium free from the bomb, forward.

=======
OOC:

Ok I'd like Frostbot to return to the robot simply because walking around in that cyborg reptile sounded creepy and not at all a good first impression for our hosts.

At this point Frostbite is holding the Jar with P'ertaria in protecting it and also making sure that they are not to obvious with what they need until they've established these P'utinarians are going to behave themselves.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 25 2011, 08:44

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

OOC No problem with stripping the lunarium from the bomb. The alien technicians do that with an order (in their language) from the Frostbot/Cyborg. The robot Frostbot used has a smoking hole in its chest, so isn't a lot of use until repaired though it can walk about.

When the Vanguard presented the Lunarium, there were hushed mutterings. Encased in a clear glass container the rock glowed green (OOC the red stuff made the weapons back on the moon in the future, and was harder to come by.) and it was clear the Vanguard had struck a chord.

"You know... about our other selves...?" said the lead P'utinarian, faltering. "Who ARE you? We have never seen nor heard of you before. You speak differently to the other humans our delegation met. Not just in language, but in words, tone. You do not command. You ask? And clearly... this is not your vessel. You are not Nazis. How is it you are able to fight off the Nazis, take their ship, battle through a blockade and present us with the Lunarium that was destined for... a bomb of some kind?"

The P'utinarians spoke in hushed words again. Then one caught sight of the jar with P'ertaria in, carried by the partially ruined Frostbot, the Alien Cyborg stowed away in the brig.

"P'ertaria!" cried one, and a larger P'utinarian slithered forward. "She is hurt! Did you...? No. You would not bring her thus. Give her to me, please. Her father will be grateful she is returned to us, as am I. I am P'oratian, her brother. We go now, to the council!"

There were doubting looks but the group bowed their heads to P'oratian who turned. "Our father will be grateful. But tell me, how do you know P'ulesin? I feel sure my father would have mentioned you?"

OOC you also have a brig full of prisoners - including the undead Nazi, the green skinned mercenaries, alien cyborgs and what Nazi personnel remain. The Alien technicians you are free to release. They will ignore everything save their programmed roles, and once their shift is complete they return to their bunks to recuperate and return in 12 hours for another shift to relieve the rotating shift. The ship is yours, and could serve as a handy base if you want it mapping out more thoroughly. Aside from the occasional Lunarium supply, it has hydroponics (floor 2) and a recyclable air supply, plus it travels faster than light away from gravity wells.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 25 2011, 09:28

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Admin wrote:There were doubting looks but the group bowed their heads to P'oratian who turned. "Our father will be grateful. But tell me, how do you know P'ulesin? I feel sure my father would have mentioned you?"

"We are happy to try and answer your questions, but first, we have a ship full of Nazi's and aliens, they are held secure at present and we would like you permission to make sure they remain that way. Is it possible to bring them onboard and hold them safely where they will be no trouble?" Frostbite said, all to aware that he didn't want a problem to come back to when they still had so much to deal with ahead.

====
OOC: Assuming that can be arranged so that so far is possible the ship remains secure. We'll continue.
====

Lionheart continued from where Frostbite left off, making sure that the ship remained secure.

"We have much to tell you and I know that you are going to find this difficult, but we know about you partly because we've come to this place from the future. I am a time traveller, and have come back to this point to stop the a terrible catastrophe effecting all our peoples. I knew P'ulesin from the future where that catastrophe had already taken place. As to the other question we know about the K'atinarians, because the Nazis are working with them right under your noses. It was P'ertaira who helped us and alerted us to the danger. She was badly hurt helping us fight off another alien race the Nazi's have been using Skrarls. I am sorry, we did ask her to hold back, but I guess you could say we've become friends and she is very loyal. I hope she will be ok?"

Lionheart was saying this whilst taking the opportunity to scan around for any nasty surprises, he was aware that the differing factions even within the P'utinarian society, might well extend right up to this highest quarters on the mother ship. Somehow the Nazi's and more likely the shadow demons had a way of bringing out the baser instincts of many, manipulating fear, anger or other destructive emotions to cajole factions to occur. In the chaos they infiltrate and divide still further. If things hadn't got to this stage they may well if the P'utinarians were not made aware of the greater forces at work here.

====
OOC:

OK continue to scan, whilst walking to the High Council and make sure we're all on high alert. Otherwise am fine just walking and talking and answering questions however.

OOC The ship is yours, and could serve as a handy base if you want it mapping out more thoroughly. Aside from the occasional Lunarium supply, it has hydroponics (floor 2) and a recyclable air supply, plus it travels faster than light away from gravity wells.[/i]

OK we'll once we've resolved things here, perhaps we can resume our mission back to the Moon base and try and do what we were sent to do in the first place. Although it may be that, that such a plan is now a non starter on account of the Nazis being aware of us out here.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 25 2011, 22:00

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

The P'utinarians looked at each other, doubtfully. "I'm sure you realise that were we to hold any prisoners and the Nazis find out, they would visit... retribution ... on our people situated on Earth. We are... the word... phrase escapes me... 'hand in hand with the devil' " said P'oratian, shifting uncomfortably as he walked. "My best suggestion? Flush them out the airlock. They would do no less to you."

'I like his style' said Saladin inside Lionhearts head. For his part, Lionheart continued to scan. He received disturbing results. There were many on board who were not only contemptuous of the High Council and their current 'deal' but openly rebellious. Worse, there were many who supported it, and the Nazi regime. A people divided then. Not good. He looked about. In the party with P'oratian there were four of the twelve who were actively opposed to any dealings with humans at all, but Lionheart felt no immediate danger. A ship this size, with so many minds... he counted several thousand. Not so many then. Divided and desperate.

The party walked on, led by the welcoming committee...

=========

"We thank you for the gift of the Lunarium. It will sustain our people for almost 3 months if we live within our meagre needs"

The Vanguard stood in the circle of a raised council chamber, the P'utinarians sat on columns looking down on them. Twelve there were, with P'ulesin on the highest in the centre. "And our thanks for returning my daughter. She is headstrong, but no warrior. She will recover, and from what I learnt of our meld in the brief time I spent with her, you acted with honour and courage, though there were... disturbing images about secrets you harbour. It does you credit to hold that power within you, but I fear, as any intelligent being would - what would become of my people if you were to use that power for ill? Walk the path of right, Vanguardians, and know this. We have voted, and we find that our allegiance to the Nazi cause is misplaced. We will secretly advise our people to withdraw, and once all are safe, tell the Nazis we no longer wish them as allies. That leaves us with a problem. They promised us Lunarium, and you delivered more than they have yet done, with their drip feeding of miniscule amounts. We will denounce the Nazis, but how will my people survive, Vanguardians?"

How indeed?

Lionheart glanced about. The speech by the P'utinarian leader had gone out across the ship, and he was disturbed by the fear and panic that ran through it as P'utinarians realised that the Nazis would try to enslave or kill any Aliens who turned against them!

Frostbite and Silver Sentinel felt something else. Their skin bristled, and power rippled through them. Both heard the voice in their heads...

'Their fear... delicious!'

Fighting back the Dark power was difficult when the negative emotions were so concentrated in a place like this in the depths of space...

OOC we are nearly ready to wrap this adventure and get you back to Earth. You still have the problem of the prisoners, but you have bought the P'utinarians time and in doing so turned them towards neutrality rather than aligning with the Nazis. There's plenty that can go wrong before the P'utinarians get their people out of Germany and the Axis allied countries though...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 26 2011, 07:32

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Admin wrote:The P'utinarians looked at each other, doubtfully. "I'm sure you realise that were we to hold any prisoners and the Nazis find out, they would visit... retribution ... on our people situated on Earth. We are... the word... phrase escapes me... 'hand in hand with the devil' " said P'oratian, shifting uncomfortably as he walked. "My best suggestion? Flush them out the airlock. They would do no less to you."

"That might be the way with you and the Nazi's but we believe prisoners have rights. We will guard them and make sure they get returned to Earth." Frostbite said, somewhat surprised by the off hand an casual nature of P'oratian's comment.

The party walked on, led by the welcoming committee...

Lionheart was disturbed by the menagerie of different thoughts that circulated around the ship, but it made sense that desperation and survival had turned this people's lives upside down. It wasn't going to be easy to see things set straight and an out and out withdrawal might never be possible.

=========
"We thank you for the gift of the Lunarium. It will sustain our people for almost 3 months if we live within our meagre needs"

"Think of it as a gesture of good will." Frostbite contended. "For when we got ahold of this Lunarium, we gave it to you, rather than took it for our own people and our own forces. Our needs are great, the Nazi's have many allies and behind it all are the shadows who seek to engulf all existence!

We will denounce the Nazis, but how will my people survive, Vanguardians?"

How indeed?

Lionheart glanced about. The speech by the P'utinarian leader had gone out across the ship, and he was disturbed by the fear and panic that ran through it as P'utinarians realised that the Nazis would try to enslave or kill any Aliens who turned against them!

Lionheart then spoke up, "We will not desert our allies, nor double cross them as would the Nazi's. If we know and or can help we will be more than willing to do our part to help those who help us."

Frostbite and Silver Sentinel felt something else. Their skin bristled, and power rippled through them. Both heard the voice in their heads...

'Their fear... delicious!'

Fighting back the Dark power was difficult

Joe shivered the power was intoxicating, but like too much of anything disastrous and equal if not greater measure. The Shadows were what they were, they couldn't help that they fed on the dark side of life, but once again he wondered if they'd chosen wisely. Could such beings, even with noble motives, overcome their hunger. If the world was righted, what and how would they feed? Thoughts for another occasion.

Sensing their time was up, Frostbite gave a polite bow, then agreed to leave. They had the ship and a ship full of prisoners, they needed to reassess their situation and decide whether they could now carry out their orders as stated, or withdraw back to Earth.

As they left Lionheart paused, turned back and simple said, "Say goodbye to P'ertaria for me, your daughter is a credit to your people, P'ulesin."

======
OOC:

we are nearly ready to wrap this adventure and get you back to Earth. You still have the problem of the prisoners, but you have bought the P'utinarians time and in doing so turned them towards neutrality rather than aligning with the Nazis. There's plenty that can go wrong before the P'utinarians get their people out of Germany and the Axis allied countries though...

Ok Couple of things outstanding:

1. I guess that now we've got prisoners we'll forget going back to the moon? That was our orders, but in the light of what has taken place I guess that is a no go.

If that is the case and we won't make an attack on the moon, then I suggest we head for Bletchley and get on with helping out on our next mission, unless there is anything else anyone else wants to do.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu May 26 2011, 19:58

OOC: Unless we offer the aliens too so they can hold them as prisoners and a bargaining chip because im sure the nazis have some of their people hostage.

Is there anyway we could contact HQ for a clarification on orders

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 26 2011, 21:57

smaug wrote:OOC: Is there anyway we could contact HQ for a clarification on orders

Good point!

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 26 2011, 22:14

The Vanguard
Lionheart
Frostbite
Silver Sentinel
Frostbot

OOC Bletchley Park (HQ) works with the old tubed wireless sets - but will be (at some point) upgrading to the more modern technology as and when the Vanguard capture it. Of course, they want to know how it works so will take it to bits. And then put it together with a load of spare bits on the side, and wonder why it doesn't work (*whistles innocently having ... possibly ... done that before*). Besides that, any communication sent via radio signal would take years to arrive from beyond Pluto I expect...

With a ship full of hostages (OOC you're looking at about 30 or so - the rest are non combatant technicians who are intent only on their assigned duties onboard the ship) the Vanguard settled on the bridge. P'ulesin himself had walked them back and spoken quietly, away from his own people. "I shall try my utmost to sway our people to your cause! Despite the power inside you, you are good people, and I believe in you. P'ertaria wanted to come with you, but I forbade it. Still, my daughter is headstrong - it won't be the last you hear of her! I thank you again for the Lunarium. You have restored my faith in humanity!"

Frostbite, Silver Sentinel and Lionheart walked up the ramp onto the ship and watched it close behind them. The P'utinarians had offered an alternate course to get the ship back using the 'blind side' of the Nazis sensor arrays. They had, however, intercepted a chilling message... "...be waiting for you when you get to the moon! You may have captured one of our ships, but we will do far worse! You, Lionheart, and your colleagues, are on the the Fuhrers most wanted list! Tell Anyman... he is top of that list. Lionheart? You are on the top of mine!" Lionheart frowned. Bentham! He'd escaped, somehow!

It was clear the moon would be on the highest of alerts. The experiments the Nazis were conducting there - with their 'Megahuman' project - would have to wait. Now that the P'utinarians had been persuaded to abandon the Nazi cause the Vanguard could return to the defence of their country.

They watched the mothership shrink in the viewscreen as the ship followed the proscribed path back to Earth.

=========

EPILOGUE

"Yes. This is a priority message. Tell the Fuhrer that the P'utinarian High Council has betrayed him!"

The traitor let the words sink in, knowing full well it would mean doom for the P'utinarians in service to the Nazis. They would be rounded up and executed! "I trust my service and loyalty are not in doubt... and will be rewarded?"

The Nazi officer on the other end of the viewscope raised an eyebrow. "Your price?"

"Why, I wish only for the backing of the glorious third Reich, and will in turn hope that the Fuhrer sends aid immediately, that I may depose the traitorous high council..."

"And impose yourself as leader?"

The P'utinarian smiled "To rule in the Fuhrers name, of course. We are few, but I am sure that a race of shape shifters, who can impersonate anyone, at any time, with the correct planning, can prove useful."

There was a pause, then the Nazi officer nodded. "They can indeed, and it is high time we used them properly! First, we must root out the traitors! Tell me though, how is it that you can turn on your own people thus? Are you not the son of the High Councillor himself?"

P'iricas, brother to P'etaria and P'oratian, shrugged "I do what is best for my people. They will suffer, in the short term, but will come out on the winning side in the end, and see the wisdom of my rule. Besides that... I had good advice." He deactivated the link.

He glanced to the corner, where a pair of glowing red eyes shone in the dark. "I'm taking a big risk. You realise? The power you offer me. Will it be like... theirs?"

The Shadow Demon moved forward. "I have sworn revenge on those who defy me! Recently I was humiliated! They are too powerful to attack directly, but if, as you say, there are those willing to follow the old ways... then we may yet succeed!"

"Ever since I found out about the old ways, I have seen my current form as weak, insipid! Like my father, and the council! I am P'utinarian no longer! Now, I am K'atinarian!" With that the grey form of P'iricas rippled and shifted, darkening to become crimson! All teeth and claws, he hissed and spat, before snarling "Take me, Shadow! I am yours!"

"That you are..."
said the shadow demon priest, beaten only a day or two before by the Vanguard in the hanger in America! And he leapt into the willing form, eager to once more take up the battle against the deposed Shadow Princes...

Epilogue Ends

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 10 16hvolu

=========

OOC The Vanguard return to Earth unmolested. They have succeeded in their quest without having to go to the moon, and delivered Lunarium to the P'utinarians who denounced the Nazis. History repeated itself though... and the Nazis have started the round up of 'traitorous' P'utinarians... The evil, more powerful flesh eating K'atinarians have not been seen the last of though... Watch for issue #3 of the Vanguard.. operation Dynamo!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum