The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 Empty World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2

Post  Admin Tue Feb 15 2011, 23:34

"Er ist wach. Ich habe dir gesagt, er würde überleben. Es gab keinen medizinischen Grund, die ich für die Koma finden konnten."

"Hey! Hey!"

Slap!

"Englishman! Wake up!"

'Yes. It's about time you woke up. Welcome back to the land of the living, mortal'

Steve Jenson opened his eyes. He was strapped to a gurney, lights shining down on him, into eyes that had been closed for a full week. He groaned, strained at the straps and fell back, exhausted by even that small effort.

'Wait. Your body must adjust to the change.'

A voice? Inside his head? And those others.. German? Where was he?

The smell of garlic assaulted his senses as a rough hand grabbed his chin and lifted his head. He saw the stubble of Nazi scientist up close and breath mixed with garlic and tobacco. "He's awake. Now.. tell us, Englishman. Where, and how did you get your powers? And what happened to you? You have been awoken from a coma."

Coma? What? Where? When? A week? Then where...? Glancing past the Nazi he saw wooden walls, ceiling, floors. In fact... it looked like they'd made a special effort to remove anything metal from the room he was in.

'Don't worry about that. Your body has been prepared. You are... more... and will continue to adjust to the power within. You have questions, yes? I am
Garrr'Zorr Vorrg Shadvarnazzi. You are my ... symbiote. We are one. Now... gather your strength. You will need it to escape from this place!'

Steve groaned. His head was shoved roughly back onto the gurney.

"With you awake now perhaps we can question you properly. We had intelligence on you that suggested you are lethal with metal nearby! Rest assured, there is none! However, we have crafted fine implements of torture from wood. It is time to talk, Englishman. Where and how did you get your superhuman powers? How many others are like you? What are their powers, and their weaknesses? Who are your superiors? How many others knew about our base in Scotland? Talk pig!"

The Nazi emphasised 'pig' with a jaw rattling slap to the face!

Steve swilled blood about, hawked, and spat red down the front of the Nazis white coat... His companion, a man in a black uniform and black leather coat, chuckled.

The SS badge on his tunic suggested he wasn't here to have fun though...

Then again, neither was Steve.. he was after all...

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 2mxrivc

The armoured defender of Liberty!

OOC Steve isn't in Scotland any more. He is in big trouble, but he's also now one of the most powerful beings in the universe. With great power comes great responsibility though, and the price for using it is very, very high indeed. For now though, add another superhuman power, grade 1. I suspect you'd be after Strength but Vigour would be useful, as would others. I'll update your character sheet and we'll try and get Steve out of the mess he's in...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 Empty Re: World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2

Post  smaug Wed Feb 16 2011, 07:55

OOC:Sweet. Your right, I think strengh would be most helpfull as Im quite weak in close quaters. Its time to kick some Nazi ass.
P.S. Hows your hands?

IC:'This isnt quite the help I imagend Garrr'Zorr but I do feel stronger considering, so you have gained my trust'
Steve though as he tryed gathering his strengh for Garrr'Zorr was right he was going to need it.

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 Empty Re: World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2

Post  Admin Thu Feb 17 2011, 01:12

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

OOC Hands are well mangled but getting better I think. The problem now is that though the blisters have stopped coming up, they are starting to split, and are getting sore Sad Yuck.

'Your mortal form is weak. It will become stronger.' stated the inner voice.

Steves body tingled from head to toe! Under the white smock he wore muscles became toned, firming up, becoming defined and powerful, like an athletes! No athlete could do the things he could do though! (OOC Strength has bumped up to 30, giving a +15 damage bonus in HtH combat)

At any moment Steve knew now he could break free from his bonds... would he do that, or 'play possum' saving that surprise for the right moment? It seemed clear they were about to torture him for information... was there no time like the present or would he find himself fighting off armies of Nazi soldiers?

OOC Your call... Will update the character sheet when I get up...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Feb 17 2011, 08:03

OOC:I think I'll 'play possum' for awhile. My que to break the bonds is when anyone of the Nazis get close enough with a implements of torture so I can grab him but in the mean time........

IC:"When you have my infomation then what? Whats your next move?" Steve said acting as doppy as he could to give the illusion of helplessness for at the right time he would break free.

OOC:Im trying to get as much info off these guys as possible.

IC:"You might as well tell me Im going to die anyway?" (OOC:The oldest trick in the book)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 18 2011, 00:42

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

"We hef taken every precaution young man..." said the Scientist. "We know, for example, about your ability to surround yourself with a suit of metal armour, rendering yourself near impervious to small arms fire. With such an ability any army could be invincible on the field of battle. We hef taken blood samples and are analysing it for clues as to how you can do this, but I fear there will have to be more invasive surgery to find ze answers we seek. 'Know your enemy' someone said. We intend to. The Britishers somehow gained the ability to create their own superhumans, something we find... disturbing. How did you get your powers?" he asked, then stepped aside.

The man in the leather coat took it off, hung it on the back of the door and busied himself at a table. "We hef wasted much time for you to awaken. Our superiors wanted to execute you for what you did to our secret base in the highlands of Scotland. As it is... the woman caused more trouble than we could foresee (OOC you are a week on from where you were, but I can't give spoilers about what happened in Scotland because even I don't know yet - Kitten is still there. Confused? Welcome to my club Smile )

He turned with what looked to be sharpened sticks, the size of pencils. "I hed a wager with my friend. he said it would take two of these under your fingernails to get you to talk. I said one. Without your powers? You are nothing. Your government has disowned you, and abandoned you to your fate. Talk, and perhaps there is some way you can yet aid our glorious third reich! Why cling to the notion that your country cares about you, when clearly, it has left you to die, hmmm?"

He closed in on Steve's hand...

OOC He's going to stick one of those sticks under a fingernail. It will hurt like the devil. You want to see if Steve can bear the agony or strike out?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Feb 18 2011, 12:27

IC:"Your right, my country doesnt care about me" Steve said at a whisper, getting quieter every time he spoke still acting like he was powerless.

"Im exspendable. I'll ..........tell .........you ........everything" he said with his eye lids drewping, his voice at a slight croak now.

"fmkffkfkerhjfkfm"

"What waz zat" said the german leaning in closer.

OOC:I'd like to break free and grab him and maybe be hold the pencil like object to his thoat. How many people are in the room and whats the general layout of the place

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 20 2011, 22:20

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

With a lunge, using strength he never knew he had, Steve brought a hand up, tearing the strap free from the table and snatching the pointed stick to press it against the Gestapo mans throat!

"Ach!" he cried, whilst the other shouted "ALARM!" and backed off in fear. Silver Sentinel looked about. He was, as far as he could tell, in a wooden hut! It was around 15' by 20', 10' high beamed ceiling and roof made from bundled twigs, like thatch. The black staining suggested it had a coat of pitch painted over the top. They knew about his power, and had been prepared for it.. but not for this!

He heard a whistle and shouts from outside though... and booted feet tramping up steps!

OOC Steve only has moments before the room starts filling up with Nazi guards! There are only two in the room at the moment but that's going to change! He has the Nazi officer in a firm hold. His power suggests there's not enough metal on him (fillings, a pair of glasses in pocket, belt buckle) to form anything like his armoured suit about him. Same for the other guy, more a scientist. The walls are wood panelled, like a fence, and with a quick application of super strength, probably not much of an obstacle...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Feb 21 2011, 15:10

IC:"Where the hell am I and how cant I get away or I'll run you through" Steve screamed forcing the stake against the mans throat.

"You" Steve saisd ripping some rope from the binding from the walls "Give me your uniform and dont try anything funny you know I can snap you like a twig"

Steve swapped uniforms and tied up the other man and tied the other so it looked like the sciencist who was now dressed like a prisioner was holding the Nazi hostige as Steve made his exit from the back of the hut as the guards broke through the door.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 23 2011, 01:00

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

Confronted by the threat of an inhumanly strong man who held a sharp pointed object at his throat, the Nazi relented. Alright! Alright... you are on ze Faroe Islands, at our new base.. May as vell tell you.. you vill never escape! Ve know your people hef dispatched forces to our location. Luckily the weather has detained them... lucky for zem! As soon as zey get here ve vill show zem ze true might und power of ze Third Reich!" he laughed, then cried out as the point was pressed into his throat a little tighter!

Steve tossed the Nazi down and threatened the scientist. In moments he put a desperate plan into action, hurriedly donning the scientists coat and tools of his trade!

"You vill not get avay viz zis!" shouted the Gestapo man. A sock in his mouth shut him up, and Steve waited until the last moment to kick a hole in the floor to drop through, down to the ground some 10 feet below to see the hut was raised on stilts, and walking away, a casually as he could! He heard the banging of a door opening, shouts and argumentative voices, then the RATATATATATAT of machine guns!

He carried on walking, looking about. He was in what appeared to be a camp with rows of long wooden barrack builings lining a long street that seemed to be as much mud as it did gravel or stone! Everywhere he saw anyone walking about, they were Nazis, soldiers or technicians, and huddling against the fierce winds and arctic snow that drove across the island, near blinding in parts!

He saw something strange in the distance, through the howling weather and darkness. A building unlike the others, white and high, looking much like a huge windmill with the sail, or an observatory. Only this one had a HUGE gun on top of it, twin barrelled and slowly rotating. The snow stopped several inches short of the building whilst it gathered on all the others.

"Haltestelle direkt dort!" bellowed a voice from behind Steve. He was about 10m from the nearest hut at the side of the road and there were around half a dozen on each side that he could see, all new builds. The ominous tower stood around 200m from where he was. A long way if someone was shooting at him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Feb 23 2011, 19:14

Steve carried on walking like he never hear him

"Haltestelle direkt dort" the Nazi shouted louder this time and through the howl of wind, like a wild animals death cry Steve could still hear the cocking of a rifle.

Steve turned and shugged at the Nazi and pointed to his ears making out that the wind although noisey was muffling his hearing. He then pointed to the hut, which he was closer to by now and nodded in the general direction for the Nazi to follow..........

OOC:Im trying not to raise the alarm this time, I should of broke the Nazis neck and threw the wood stake at the scientist last time (a bit dark for the silver sentinel although this is war oh well live and learn)
Will the Nazi follow? Or isnt he that green? Either way Im casualy walking to the nearest hut and out of sight(close quarters are best ATM due to no armour)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:53

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

Steve turned to see a Nazi soldier, wrapped up in winter coat and clutching a submachinegun, peering at him through the snow. As Steve pointed, he turned, looking at the hut and the hole in the wall. Then he turned back to see Steve had casually strolled over to one of the huts. "hey! Ich habe Ihnen bestellen! Wo sind Ihre Papiere?" he shouted. He jogged across the snow covered street to move alongside then stand in front of Steve, keeping more than arms length away and the weapon pointed.

The gun had enough metal in it to make a glove, Steve figured. Could he do it in time before he was filled with lead, or would he play it cool and continue to bluff in the hop the alarm wouldn't be raised? On a night this lousy, he almost couldn't blame the camp inhabitants for preferring their warm beds!

OOC You are 2m away from the solider. he's pointing a gun at you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Feb 24 2011, 20:02

"zats better me lad" Steve said In his awefull scotish accent, remembering how well it worked last time when he was chained to a chair surrounded by Nazi soldiers.

"I can hear you now. I still cant get over that fine weapon. The British are fools and to think we are only a stones throw away. Im glad I saw sense and joined the wining team" he said still in a cringeworthy accent.

"Papiere?"

"Sorry big man my Germans still more than a little rusty. Did you want me papers?" Steve said rifling through his pockets.
"ak here they are" finding the previous owners papers in the lab coat. "Cant be to careful eh?"Holding the papers out at arms lengh Steve 'accidently' allow the wind to take them out of his hand.

"BOLLOCKS" Steve shouted chasing after them.

OOC:Im hoping the Nazi will let his guard down in chasing the papers or watching them blow away so I can kill him as quietly as possible without no one seeing.
Ho ho ho now I have a machine gun (to quote John McClane) Cool
If I succeed can I hide the body under one of the huts? What does he have on him?

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 24 2011, 23:44

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

The soldier gaped at what he thought was a spy, then at the papers fluttering away. Instinct kicked in and he started to chase the papers, snagging one and holding it up, then cursing as the driving snow and wind whipped it about. He was about to mention something along the lines of "hey! These aren't your papers! get your hands up intruder!" when he lowered the sheet and caught a glance of a thunderbolt that spun him from his feet!

Steve glanced around, wondering if he'd have to hit the Nazi again, but the man was out cold! Reaching down, another glance. CRICK! A twist and the Nazis life was done. This was war after all, and these were invaders!

Dragging the body over to a hut he kicked a panel in, slid the body under the gap and replaced it as best he could, having rifled through the guards pockets. Papers, cigarettes, a lighter, a photograph of a young woman, a few wrapped boiled sweets and an extra magazine of ammunition. Better than nothing. Just then Steve heard voices, and running feet! He was off the main road, but between buildings and would be easily spotted. In moments this place would come alive as the alarm was raised!

OOC The Nazi guards will have figured out something is going on, but the foul weather will hamper them... for a short while. Is Steve hoping to escape or find a reasonable amount of metal to 'suit up'. There's also the large white building that dominates the camp and these huts might be useful as a place to hide. Also, Steve hasn't fed for a week. He's getting peckish...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri Feb 25 2011, 08:03

'Machine gun eh? Like any scientist would carry one.........mmmmmm there are proberly looking for someone dressed like that. Time for another change of clothes I think .....shame there isnt a nice warm dressing room near by.

"Damn these boots are tight, why couldnt a kill a Nazi with size 10s" steve said outloud as he popped a couple sweets in his mouth (Steve has a sweet tooth like me)

OOC:Right I would like to assorb the lighter and the ammo and will it under my clothes in my chest area, I know its not full protection but every little helps, grab the machine gun and try to get to the big gun, sneaking between huts and joining the running guards if I have to (whatever I need to do to get to that weapon)

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 26 2011, 01:52

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

Willing the metal of the lighter and the magazine to flow over his skin, it crawled like a thing alive under the new change of clothes as Steve set off, looking like one of the soldiers.

Pulling hood up against the wind and snow he thanked his lucky stars for the weather because dozens of troops suddenly spilled out into the street and the alarm rang out, a klaxon battling with the wind and shouts of the guards. Doors opened in the huts and more soldiers spilled out, looking between huts, underneath them, around them...

Swallowing hard Steve joined one of the patrols, looking about and under huts with the others, careful to keep his face covered and stay quiet.

He looked up. The tall white building was nearer now. Looking about, he let the pandemonium continue and drifted towards the building.

=========

Up close he could see it wasn't made of metal...

Touching the smooth white polished surface, his best guess was some kind of ceramic. The thing was huge, standing about the same height as a 5 storey building, maybe higher. Part of it was submerged into the floor. Snow melted as soon as it touched the surface of the thing and gathered feet away from the base, the grass green and contrasted against the thickening white all about.

Just then he heard a swish and glanced about. The camp was still a hive of activity, but they were looking around the wooden buildings rather than the one Steve stood by. Moving round the base he saw a pair of double doors, around 20' wide and 10' high, opened. The snow stopped short of entering the building. He continued to move about, but stopped short. Would there be someone inside or could he go in, unmolested?

OOC What's Steve doing? Going straight in, checking for other ways in, being as sneaky as possible and finding somewhere to hide and watch or another plan?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Sat Feb 26 2011, 08:43

"The time for subtleness is over, Ive gotta slow that blasted thing before they can use it" Steve said under his breath.

OOC:Im guessing its a long range weapon and I wouldnt be able to target the base itself?

IC:'This a too easy, its gotta be a trap' Steve turned about a made his way around the perimeter of the tall white building looking for any another entrances or vent he could use to infiltrate and take out the huge war machine.

As he was stealthily circling the ominous building Steve was formulating a plan 'well I cant melt the gun with my powers but I bet on King Geogre himself the gears use to move that monstrosity will be made of metal but I need some way of shutting it down permantly'

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Feb 27 2011, 22:31

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

OOC Ignore the references to Frostbite, the Nazis groups and the buildings under construction. Since Frostbite was here, days, maybe a week and a bit ago (he's been from here to the US and currently under the ocean in the Bermuda triangle. He gets about a bit...) they've almost completed the base in time for the snow.

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 T51u0z

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 Fk5xlg

OOC The 'tower' in question looks like the above, save there's snow falling all about it.

Steve knew he'd made the right choice to keep moving when he turned and saw two strange individuals followed by half a dozen identical soldiers. Identical in height, weight, face, build... even the way they marched!

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 Spcjtd
World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 2pq2k35

He gaped. What in the world were the Nazis doing here? The cloaked man strode off into the camp, ignoring the wind that had ordinary soldiers in their winter coats bent double to combat! The woman - if such it could be considered - was more reptile than human. Powerfully built, towering over even the tall soldiers who followed the pair. She seemed to feel the cold and shivered, but was reluctant to show weakness to the man in the cape. Despite the plummeting temperatures, the following soldiers ignored the freezing conditions as snow gathered on their uniforms. They looked out into the darkness, keen eyes searching for an intruder!

Steve carried on walking around the base. Thus far it'd been smooth - no openings, no windows, nothing! He was thinking he'd have to double back to the main door and take his chances when an opening appeared from nowhere and a strange being stepped out into the snow!

World War II - Silver Sentinel Issue #2 A9ois6

"Human. You are clearly the intruder the Nazis are looking for. Who are you, and why are you here?" it said in a monotone voice. At least it was in English, but this thing didn't seem to feel the cold either! The door hissed shut without a trace behind it.

OOC You are 5m away from this newcomer. Dark, snowing, getting very cold indeed. Friend? Foe? Who knows, but Steve has seen some strange things in his career so far. This creature ranks as one of the strangest!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Mon Feb 28 2011, 08:18

"You dont know who I'am? You clearly cant be working for the Nazis" Steve said lowering his gun to show the strange man then he meant him no harm.

"They call me the silver sentinel, and who might you be? I need to shut this weapon down how can I use the door you came through? Steve said as a group of soldiers marched near by causing Steve to lower his voice.

"Are you a prisoner hear? Maybe we could help each other?

OOC:He doesnt know who I'am so I'm hoping hes no Nazi and a enemy of my enemy is my friend

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 01 2011, 01:20

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

The oozing man saw Steves gesture of lowering his weapon, and heard his words. He considered his own, then answered in an accent-less voice. "I am.. not native to your world. My people are Nomads, and stranded here. We have aligned ourselves with these people you call Nazis because it offers a way out of this solar system, but do not think for a moment all our people are happy at the arrangement! We ran from tyrannical killers who have tracked us across space, but got lost along the way. Our mother ship is stranded at the other side of your solar system and... " he gestured with an oozing hand "Our shuttles have been commandeered by the Nazis as part payment for the fuel they will give us. If you are an enemy of the Nazis, my speaking to you places me in grave danger! Unless you have something of worth to offer or suggest, I will take my leave and your fate shall be your own ... Silver Sentinel!"

The alien turned to leave, walking back to the wall/door he'd emerged from...

Nearby, the sounds of the searching Nazis were joined by the baying of dogs!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Tue Mar 01 2011, 17:28

"Wait" Steve half shouted before remembering where he was

"You cant let the Nazis have access to your technology, they will almost sertainly use it to kill millions. What if I said Britain and her allies would find fuel for your ships............."

"ggggrrr.... bark bark bark" the snarling dogs interrupted as they got ever nearer

".....in return for just peace between our species and return your shuttles to you?" Steve continued

The stranger just looked for a second but in that secound as the vicious dogs drew closer time seemed to stand still for the silver sentinal, stars filled the night sky, through wisps of clouds as the icy winds below sweeped, they reached down from a velvet canopy to join with the background glow of the Nazi base

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 02 2011, 08:44

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

The alien paused, cocked its head to one side. "You are desperate. You need a way out. You wish to survive. You would promise or agree to anything to secure your own safety. Why should I believe you?" It turned, looked Steve in the eye. "Probably because my people are the same. We are a dying race. Promise me this man of flesh and metal... promise me you will find a way to obtain Lunarium and therefore find us a way out of this backwater system. Promise me your people will help us, and I will offer you... a way out of here... and a promise that at least a few of us will work with you from the inside. I believe many of our goals are common - peace, the chance to live without fear, without an oppressive force grinding our will beneath their heel. Promise me this, and I shall help you."

The dogs were getting closer. Steve had no idea how much a promise of his would be worth - would Dawson, Forbes and Wynn go for it, with a war going on? More likely they would dismiss it, and him, out of hand. He'd been AWOL for at least a week. No one had heard from or seen him. For all they knew he was dead!

'You can help these aliens. The Nazis use power from beyond the mortal realm. Power from the future, technology your country cannot easily combat. These aliens climbed into bed with an angel... and woke up next to a devil!' said a voice inside Steves head.

The barking was close now! They were on the other side of the structure, and on their way round!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed Mar 02 2011, 17:28

"I swear to you with all my life I will do all I can to save you and your people. Yes we are desperate but we fight for the greater good. I hope you belive me......" and with that Steve stretched out his hand for the alien to shake it.

OOC:Hopefully he does

"First I need to stop that cannon. If you can get us inside back the way you came rather than using the front door we would be off to a jolly good start" Steve said looking over his should to see if the dogs had picked up his scent.

"Dont worry I'll protect you my friend just get behind me if things start to get tricky" Steve hoped they wouldnt but to escape now would mean that Britain itself could be in mortal danger, so he'd have to stay and fight against almost impossible odds to protect his beloved country and all he held dear in it including Marianne who he hoped to get more acquainted with.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 03 2011, 09:43

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

The alien looked at Steves hand. There was a pause, a moment when Steve was unsure if he'd take it or reveal him to the Nazis and those metahumans... Then he grasped it, shook with a firm, if slimy grip, and turned to the building/ship. Placing an oozing hand on the smooth white wall his oozing form found thousands of microscopic indentations that, once depressed, activated the door. Only P'utinarians stood a chance of opening it easily.

Stepping inside, he bid Steve follow. The young Vanguardian did so, and marvelled at what he saw! Clear white panelling covered the walls and floor, whilst squares of light on the ceiling shone down to illuminate even the corners! The walls were lined with machines that blinked lights, and screens that showed the camp outside, much like a cinema where Steve might view movies, but miniaturised and in colour! As Steve gaped at the technology on show, the P'utinarian bade him follow. "We do not have much time. Come."

Stepping into a lift, the P'utinarian activated another panel and the pair rose silently and swiftly to the top of the building, stepping out into the open air and the gun on top of the dome of the building. Whilst the wind and snow blew about the building, those on its roof were miraculously protected by some kind of field!

Steve looked at the gun. There was nothing he could compare it to that he'd ever seen before, a twin barrelled Gatling style weapon with a foot wide central barrel surrounded by smaller inches wide barrels, around twenty or so on each gun. It rotated slowly, tracking objects Steve couldn't see for the cloud cover. "The defence systems have shown an attack force of some kind headed to this island! Your primitive technology is no match for ours! Your people will be killed! There is no way to deactivate the gun unless we go onto the bridge, where Nazis are stationed as well as my people. The only way we can destroy this is to somehow wreck the mechanism! It is made of duranium, my best translation of a word we use to mean 'very hard metal designed to withstand the rigours of space travel'."

The P'utinarian looked about at the mounting mechanism and sighed. "Even with my strength, and yours combined, if you are as strong as some of those Nazis, we could not affect it!" It looked to the clouds and now the pair could hear the thrum of Lancaster bombers approaching!

Suddenly the gun swivelled, pivoted to point to the sky, and the twin rotating barrels started to spin up to fire the magnetic projectiles that would slice through the bombers like a hot knife through butter!

"Ah, I thought if I looked from the air, I vud find you!" said the caped Nazi Steve had seen earlier! He hovered half a dozen metres away. "Tell me, Englishman. Are there any last words you vish to speak to your turncoat friend before I kill you both?"

The P'utinarian moved to an attack stance, arms and legs extending into hooks and barbs. "Run!" he yelled. "Save yourself!"

Without his armour, Steve was... he turned to the gun... would his power work on alien metal? And would he have time before the Nazi battered him into submission? He looked to the skies.. the bombers were almost in range of their doom!

OOC Initiative... 9 Good guys, 6 Nazi metahuman 2 frames. You need 4 frames to form a full suit of armour about you, but have a single glove you can blast energy with. If this Nazi punches you though, you'll not last long!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu Mar 03 2011, 19:02

The P'utinarian moved to an attack stance, arms and legs extending into hooks and barbs. "Run!" he yelled. "Save yourself!"

"I told you I would give my life to try and save you and your kind and I will" Steve exclaimed

'I hope this works' Steve thought as he quickly placed one hand on the strange cold alien metal nervously

"For England and king Geogre"

OOC:Ok I'd like to ready my free hand (the one with the awesome sentinal gaultlet) to fire at the Nazi scum if he trys to attack because I'm trying to buy time to asorb the metal and will it

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 05 2011, 00:34

Silver Sentinel
Steve Jenson

Steve levelled a gauntlet, charged it with power, and unleashed a beam of energy at his foe!

OOC 1d20+3+6=18 Hit, on the dot, 6d6=20 htc, 4d6=11 htk

The Nazi cried out, reeling. He'd not expected that!

His costume was frazzled in a circle on his chest, and he touched singed flesh. Suddenly the P'utinarian struck out!

OOC 1 hit from two strikes, 9htc damage, reduced by dividers

"Traitor!" hissed the Nazi. He moved (OOC 1 frame, flying) then swung at the P'utinarian (OOC Total 10, miss) The alien swayed back, but had a look of fear across its face!

The Nazi turned to Steve. He swung, Steve swayed aside! He swung again!

OOC 27 total, definite hit. 24Htc damage. Does Silver Sentinel want to try and dodge, or probably the better bet, parry? If not he will be reduced to 21Htc from 45htc. That will leave 2 frames for Silver Sentinel. If he chooses to parry it will use one of his frames. Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next