The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

3 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 18 2011, 07:15

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Golden Lion

OOC: Wow all I can say is, that with shooting like that and damage possible like that the lethality of this game just went through the roof. I don't mind character death, but the one thing I hate is it happening due to bad dice. So I don't know what mechanic you can (assuming you will) pull out to avoid what I call meaningless PC death. A bit like Sirius Black, it happened in such a tragically unheroic way, that it made it a bit of a none event. Which I think was the point, but in a game where the PC's are the heroes to loose one, through a bad or in the GM's case a good series of criticals - that can be really lethal.

=============

Lionheart and Golden Lion looked from the charred remains of one alien to the beaten up body of the other before looking aghast at one another. Somehow despite all their skills they'd been tagged, whilst Sentinel seemed to have gone up a notch in power and accuracy. Golden Lion broke the tension, shaking his head a declaring,

"Kid got lucky!" And proceeding to pound on the aliens in front of him.

Lionheart too shrugged his shoulders with but a backward glance at Sentinel before also seeking to lay out the aliens in front of him.

OOC:

Both going to hit, 3 punches apiece.

Lionheart:1d20+3+6=19, 1d20+3+6=14, 1d20+3+6=11 Arghh, I could cry Sad Ok so one hit gets through for 2 points plus 16 = 18/2 = 9 htc.

Golden Lion does the same and shows the old boy a thing or two 1d20+3+6=23, 1d20+3+6=26, 1d20+3+6=19
So damage is 6+16, 9+16, 2+16 = 65/2 = 32 HTC, to be taken by the first alien and or onto the next.

Lionheart looks across at his twin, taking a double take for the second time,

"What the..."

But before he could say anymore Golden Lion simply quipped,

"Stop looking and start wacking old boy! Eye's on the ball, eyes on the ball!" Before laughing as his opponents fell to his quick striking blows.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart)

Post  Admin Wed May 18 2011, 10:44

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Golden Lion

OOC Don't worry too much about 1 hit kills. I am revamping hero points to mean something, and it'll be along the lines of (in combat at least) giving you an extra D20 to add to your attack roll or the target number against you. Sure, you could roll a 1, but sometimes the dice have it in for you. Rolling a 20 on the extra roll allows you to roll another free D20, and so on. There will also be a 'last ditch' defence of some kind, so if a character looks like being splattered the D20 from a hero point can restore some htc or htk. For other things in the game a hero point will perhaps mean even more - if a character doesn't have enough oomph to grab onto a ledge, needs to defuse the bomb, do something with a power that isn't normally possible... And I intend to revamp stunts, giving them a tangible effect (+1 to hit, x2 damage, cause the target character to lose a frame by falling over, cause the target to suffer -1d6 on target roll etc). Sometimes the dice really will screw a character over, and for that, spending several hero points will allow the player to roll several D20 instead of just the one. More later. For now...

Lionheart swung wildly, managing to connect with one but being somewhat shown up by his energy based counterpart!

OOC don't forget, at any time Lionheart can recall Golden Lion. The boost he would get in his abilities will provide a nice healing surge Smile You're missing out the damage from the weapon being used as well (in this case, fists). Roll to hit is 1d20 +WC+DC. Every point over 17 is an accuracy point. Accuracy points are added to, point for point, by the weapon being used up to the weapons maximum (for a fist, 12) then add strength bonus. So 2 points accuracy, 2 points from fist, +16=20htc. Divided by 2=10htc.

Lionheart followed up the punch with two wild swings, taking a deep breath and cursing to himself. He was better than this!

Lionheart looks across at his twin, taking a double take for the second time,

"What the..."

But before he could say any more Golden Lion simply quipped,

"Stop looking and start whacking old boy! Eye's on the ball, eyes on the ball!" Before laughing as his opponents fell to his quick striking blows.

OOC 23 is 6 accuracy, +6 from the punch +16 from damage. 28 damage, reduced to 14htc. 26 is 9 accuracy, +9 from the punch, +16 from strength, 34 damage reduced to 17htc. 19 is 2 accuracy, +2 from the punch, +16 from strength, 20 damage reduced to 10.

Saladin laughed out loud "If you fought like that against me I'd have mopped the floor with you old boy!" He delivered a solid uppercut to his foe, grabbed the aliens head to bring it down on his knee, then pulled his fist back, theatrically winding it up before punching with the other hand, straight between the aliens eyes! The warrior slid across the floor with a metallic scrape, clattering against the wall.

Golden Lion looked about. "Next!" he laughed.

OOC Enemies aren't looking too healthy now. Silver Sentinel has 3 frames then the Aliens take their three - if there's any left by then... The combat is fair zipping along, we should be done today, not bad in a fight with 9 combatants Smile Pleased so far, but will address the Hero Point situation sooner rather than later as rolling 20 spices things up, but we don't want it to spoil things.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 118qeqg
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 18 2011, 11:27

OOC in the optional rules discussion thread (see the OOC section) hopefully it should clear up the math of combat. I plan to extend that mechanic to Basic D&D or Tunnels and Trolls too - it's one I have played around with in my own home brew game scribblings and I think for PBEM it will solve the problem of drag out fights lasting weeks to resolve. Comments and suggestions welcome
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Wed May 18 2011, 18:27

Silver Sentinel glances at his palm, wondering whether he still had the Dark Power within him, or if he'd scored an incredibly accurate and powerful shot! But he just shrugged off the thought

"er yeah, whos next then?"

Lionheart and Golden Lion looked from the charred remains of one alien to the beaten up body of the other before looking aghast at one another. Somehow despite all their skills they'd been tagged, whilst Sentinel seemed to have gone up a notch in power and accuracy. Golden Lion broke the tension, shaking his head a declaring,

"Kid got lucky!" And proceeding to pound on the aliens in front of him.

And sentinel cockyness was grounded again, just as well really he thought, last time he got cocky he was hell bent on blowing up half the planet.

SS picked up his shoulders again and lunged into the fray as well, helping where he could.

OOC: What are the aliens weapons like? I wouldnt mind having a pistol or something just in case.
Is this too dark for sentinels new look, I feel it should reflect the guilt he feels for his lore to the dark side.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 2uxzjlw

(the picture up loader keeps jibbing so ......
here or here)
Or maybe a mix of these. I like the idea of seeing the plasma energy inside of SS

Last edited by Admin on Wed May 18 2011, 23:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tidied things up a bit)

smaug
Class 4 Hero (Powerful Superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 18 2011, 23:31

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Golden Lion

OOC You can have whatever picture you want - it does look kind of like a spikey gimp costume, but hey, whatever floats your boat Razz The alien pistols were in the picture like...

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 2nt8dvn

so. There'll be a few to pick up after the battle is done I'm sure. The science boys at Bletchley would probably like to get their hands on them too, but they wouldn't be good for much afterwards when they can't figure out how to put them back together...

Silver Sentinel (OOC should that be 'rusty sentinel' now? Razz ) activated his boot jets and blasted over to the fray, clattering to the floor and swinging with a metal clad fist at one of those facing Golden Lion...

OOC 2 frames to move over, then attack with punch. Roll of 19. Hit. Accuracy is 19+WC2+DC6-17=10. Damage is 10 + 10 (punch) + 15 (strength)= 35/2, 17htc.

Delivering a jarring punch, Silver Sentinel saw the tide of battle was turning towards the Vanguard.

OOC The bad guys are looking shaky:

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 2vcg410

OOC Initiative Heroes 6, Bad guys 8. 1 frame to them then your four, followed by their remaining two if still up.

The aliens swung, desperate. Too close (OOC not enough frames...) to use the pistols they lashed out with superhuman strength!

Swinging wild the three remaining cyborgs lash out desperately. One looks to have Golden Lions number, but he sways casually aside at the last moment. "Ah ha! First time you got lucky! Next time? There is no next time for you..." he snarled.

OOC 1d20+1+6=16, 1d20+1+6=14, 1d20+1+6=23. Last one struck Golden Lion. I assume he dodges. 9 total dodge. Completely avoids the blow. Your frames gents. Golden Lion has 2 frames left, Lionheart and SS have 4 apiece.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 19 2011, 07:42

Admin wrote:
OOC This might hurt.

OOC: Gah I competely missed this, I wondered why no response to Frostbite, now I know. My bad!

Ok I elect to parry rolls coming up:

1d20=6, 1d20=20, 1d20=13
Ok so one critical and one hit and one miss

Frostbite bulked for a moment as the enemies piled in, he knew P'ertaria was about and hoped his becoming their target left her chance to attack from behind. As their blows reigned in, Frostbite didn't hold back from trying to parry their blows and fend off their attacks.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu May 19 2011, 07:52

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Golden Lion

Admin wrote:OOC 1d20+1+6=16, 1d20+1+6=14, 1d20+1+6=23. Last one struck Golden Lion. I assume he dodges. 9 total dodge. Completely avoids the blow. Your frames gents. Golden Lion has 2 frames left, Lionheart and SS have 4 apiece.

OOC: Yup Saladin elects to dodge, rather than parry. I'll be calling him back in a moment, can't have him looking good and Lionheart like a real chump ;-).

Golden Lion taunted the alien in front of him as he lashed out once again. "Would it help if I tied one arm behind my back and painted a big old bulls eye on my back?"

OOC: Two swings 1d20+3+6=16, 1d20+3+6=28 Ok one hit, for so I make that 19HTC after dividers.

"Whoops!" Was all Golden Lion let out as his foe sniggered whilst dodging his blow. Only to have a dazed look as his second blow connected.

Meanwhile Lionheart looked no begrudgingly as he swung out at his opponents.

OOC: Ok so here we go, four swings...1d20+3+6=23, 1d20+3+6=25, 1d20+3+6=20, 1d20+3+6=10 ok three hits and a CRITICAL MISS! Eek! Ok damage for all the blows =38 after dividers. shared out against any of the chumps who want to take a look see.

Lionheart rejoiced in the fact he was finally connecting with the swaggering Cyborgs as they piled into attack. But despite connecting he missed and then missed badly.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 19 2011, 10:10

OOC just about to go out, but I make that: Lionhearts goes down. Silver Sentinels goes down and the last one takes 11htc, putting him on 23/34 for Sentinel to mop up. More later. Check out the OOC section with the rules discussion. Posted up a new house rules doc but will email you guys with it cause the file hosting people bombard you with ads before you get to download it...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Thu May 19 2011, 23:01

OOC: Yeah it is a gimp ball away from a s&m gimp lol. I thought the iron man light weight armour looked a bit more high tec like id imagen the alien armour would look like through my ability. Man we r kickin ass.

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20 2011, 00:14

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

OOC Not surprised the Frostbite fight got lost in the flurry of posts! We've been churning them out in the last couple of weeks, for sure... Right then. Frosty has WC2, is parrying with 'other' against 'other'. The aliens have WC1, and the target number is 9+1 (WC of alien) - Wc2 of Frosty=target number 8 to exceed. First parry misses, so Frostbite takes 8htc dropping him to 25/47. Next parry is a critical, so roll another D20... 1d20=19. Total of 39-8=31 accuracy, +12 (maximum) for the punch + 17 from Frostbites strength = 60. No way is anything getting through that! The Aliens punch was a good one but Frostbite simply bats it away casually. This is why the 'new' parry rules are slightly weaker if you roll a low D20 roll, but a high roll will benefit you much more than the old rolls, and combat skill plays a more important part. Last one is 13-8=5 accuracy, +5 from punch, +17 from strength. 27 total. No problems in batting away that punch either. Basically if you'd rolled 15 or more you would parry more than was possible in the old rules (7 accuracy matched by 7 points from punch + 17 strength bonus is greater than 2D6+17) so there's a reasonable percentage chance that parrying is greatly improved Smile

Frostbite took a punch in the face, reeled, saw another coming and pounded it away with a slap, raised his arms up to shield himself and stopped another fist from connecting by catching it and turning it away!

He was in trouble though...

OOC Frostbite had 3 frames on his foes, missed with 2 attacks and connected with 1. Then he was set upon, used his last frame to parry AND 2 more from the next round as well. Initiative Heroes 3, Bad guys 6. Two frames to the bad guys, then Frostys two frames (and the Frostbot/P'ertaria will be getting in on the action, though both are less effective than Frostbite himself). Bearing in mind the new Hero point rules Frostbite has 15 hero points to play with.

The Aliens attack:
1d20+1+6=18, Hit for 12htc reduced to 4htc after dividers, 1d20+1+6=18, Hit for 12htc reduced to 4htc after dividers, 1d20+1+6=8, Critical Miss, losing next frame 1d20+1+6=23, MISS due to losing frame, 1d20+1+6=14,Miss, 1d20+1+6=23, Hit for 22htc reduced to 7htc after dividers, 1d20+1+6=20, Hit for 16htc reduced to 5htc after dividers, 1d20+1+6=15, Miss

4 hits and the critical miss really helped too. Frostbite is wobbling unless he does something to respond. He stands to take 20htc, dropping him to staggered status, and after that? Just be a matter of time before he's dropped... Dare I ask... response? I will amend the Hero Point rule for attacking so that it applies to parry too. Basically you spend 1 hero point get to roll an extra D20 as if you'd rolled a 20 for attacking or parrying. Frosty has 2 frames this round and can call on the next 4 frames to parry if need be, but he's definitely on the back foot unless someone gets in there to help him!

Or he asks for the Dark Power to help. Over to you. His current status is:

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 157mf4

OOC ignore the round 1/5 - it's now 3/5, not that Frosty will get much chance to use those blasts. A few x5 multiplier shots will really thin the enemy numbers - if your dice don't act up that is Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20 2011, 00:31

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Golden Lion

With a grin Silver Sentinel flexes his knuckles and prepares to polish them on the last cyborgs chin!

OOC I assumed 4 more attacks on the last wounded (23/34htc remaining) cyborg. This should be short and sweet. 1d20+2+6=25, 1d20+2+6=14, 1d20+2+6=9, 1d20+2+6=19. The third attack is a critical miss, meaning the fourth doesn't count. Only one hit! Still, it's 8 accuracy +8 punch +15 strength=31htc/2=15htc damage, dropping the cyborg to 9htc. Near enough.

With a terrific punch the cyborg spins on his feet, waiting for the follow up which would send the world into darkness. Instead Silver Sentinel trips and slams his fist into a panel, causing it to spark outwards and making the Sentinel yelp with pain!

The Alien cyborg can see he's outmatched though, and dropped his gun, raising his hands and placing them around the back of his head as he drops to his knees. It seems that though there was a language barrier, the procedure for 'surrender' was know the universe over!

Golden Lion scooped up a gun and turned to Lionheart. "No use in leaving enemies behind. Shall I ventilate their heads or should we save the ammunition and simply flush them out the airlock?"

OOC Battle over. Feel free to apply a healing surge to heal any HTC wounds by your vigour score, but bear in mind it's a once an hour game time job. You have a pile of comatose aliens and one scorch mark where one used to be. The last is conscious but has surrendered.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 20 2011, 07:14

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Admin wrote:OOC ignore the round 1/5 - it's now 3/5, not that Frosty will get much chance to use those blasts. A few x5 multiplier shots will really thin the enemy numbers - if your dice don't act up that is Sad

OOC: well as it turns out Frostbite is taking on a lot of enemies by himself, so no wonder he is soaking up damage.

Its time to call on the power of Hero points. So I will roll, and if I parry not use them, but if I do, add them into to secure the parry. But I do need to do more than just hold them off. Truth be told I thought that P'ertaria at least might have got a few licks in.

Anyway parry rolls:

So 8 to exceed:

1d20=8, 1d20=1, 1d20=12, 1d20=14

So two parries, a miss and a critical miss, well to that I add a hero point and make it up to 1d20=11 so that the critical miss becomes 12. to parry. and the other miss gets 1d20=8 from a second hero point to exceed 8 and improve accuracy.

So damage for all four = 33, Second=25, third= 24 and fourth= 29 so should parry them all if I've understood the rules correctly. I need to be careful because the target number needs to be exceeded not matched (as in D&D - which is the other game I play - big difference, hence the 2 hero points spent). Not sure if averting the critical with a hero point is covered by the rules, so you might have to call that one.

Paul I did ask whether Hero points allowed you to buy extra frames, in the flurry of emails I didn't see if you answered that or not, if so I'd like to buy some more frames to go on the offensive, if possible.

Ok that is Frostbite down for now. I'm keen to avoid using the dark power not only as it is so soon after the last round, but also because I want to try out the Hero Point economy and find out how this works out.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 20 2011, 07:31

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart
Golden Lion

Golden Lion scooped up a gun and turned to Lionheart. "No use in leaving enemies behind. Shall I ventilate their heads or should we save the ammunition and simply flush them out the airlock?"[/quote]

"Hmm, I'm not really one for head remodelling. That would be more your modus operandi. But under every known convention, killing a prisoner who'd surrendered is very bad. I won't stoop that low." With a sideways glance, Lionheart swatted the alien, knocking him unconscious before apply the Coup De Grace.

"That will do for now!" He said casting a sideways glance at Golden Lion, as if to challenge his view.

And then with a wave of his hand, GoldenLion shimmered turning into a mesh of light and swooshed as if blown by a breeze back toward his host into Lionheart.

"Ah, now that's better!" Then turning to the com's panel he buzzed around the ship, "Spartan team, Frostbite, Engine room secure, how goes it?"

Admin wrote:OOC Battle over. Feel free to apply a healing surge to heal any HTC wounds by your vigour score, but bear in mind it's a once an hour game time job. You have a pile of comatose aliens and one scorch mark where one used to be. The last is conscious but has surrendered.

Ok I will hold on the healing surge for the moment, but I will want to make sure that the cyborg is rendered useless and that his suit isn't going to have any other nasty surprises, like exploding or anything.

Depending on what Spartan is doing or not will determine if I go help Frostbite or them or even remain where I am.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20 2011, 10:51

OOC I was thinking along the lines of 3 hero points to buy an extra frame. Originally I'd have said 5, but that's way too much. Even 3 is a lot, but then if you're desperate to need the extra frame you'll pay it anyway ... You're right - Frostbite is taking a low powered superhero mob on all by himself. Pretty heroic if he pulls it off. P'ertaria was moving along the roof to come above the aliens... she is in position... now.

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Feeling battered and bruised, Frostbite successfully batted away the blows that came in to him (OOC you got the mechanics right. You need to exceed the target number and every point you exceed it by is your accuracy. Frosty has used two of next rounds frames. The aliens have 1 frame left to pummel our hero with, but first...)

With a shout P'ertaria dropped from the ceiling, her body spread out like a grey blanket! Frostbite looked up to see the lights blacked out by her form, and had enough presence of mind to roll to the side... as the aliens were covered! (OOC 4 hits, last one missed, so one is standing aside as the others have an oozing grey sludge covering them)

Meanwhile the robot, mindful that its guns were faulty and inaccurate, pounded away with fists at the Cyborg it faced! (OOC three attacks, 1 hit with a roll of 18 +1 +6=25-17. 8 accuracy. Matched by punch of 8 and damage bonus of +15) The alien cyborg staggered, then pulled something from its belt. It turned, leaping aside as the robot said "What?"

Then an explosion went off, and the robot, a gaping hole in its chest, keeled over!

With a gurgling voice, P'ertaria squawked "I am... more scientist... than warrior!" before her head was pulled apart by struggling Cyborgs! (OOC Think of her as having the consistency of dough.) The super strong alien cyborgs growled and snarled as they pulled the tough, elastic form of P'ertaria apart! Meanwhile the one P'ertaria had missed with her leap staggered about, still dazed...

OOC The four aliens are grappled, one is standing aside, and is stunned. The Aliens tear at P'ertarias' goop form and free themselves this round, but their last frame and next frame from the new round are used. Next round (4/5) Frostbite has 2 frames, four of the Aliens have 2 frames and one has 3. P'ertaria is spending the full round recovering herself from being torn to pieces. Initiative 10 Heroes, 5 bad guys. The robot is on it's back, needing a frame to get up, and the Alien who bombed it needs a frame to get up. 6 aliens left, 5 on 2 frames (one stunned) 1 on 3 frames. Frostbite has 2 frames to act before the bad guys do.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 Bddth

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 2zzhr40
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20 2011, 12:24

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart (evolution)

With a thought Golden Lion winked from existence, and an amazing transformation came over Lionheart! He looked down on himself, at least 50lbs heavier and several inches taller! His hands flexed with superhuman strength beyond even what he'd known before. He looked around, seeing in great detail that which has been skimmed over before. He felt the pulse of the engines through the ship with hypersensitive touch, smelt the burning sizzle of ozone from the aliens ray guns, heard the thrum and clank of engines, and beyond that, the constant chatter of rail guns against the shields of the ship!

More than that, the room around him flashed, and he glanced to an Alien Cyborg on the floor. The being was barely awake, playing possum, and Lionheart just knew that the warrior was preparing a grenade to go off! With reactions and Agility beyond even that he knew before, he tipped the alien over and pulled with ease the grenade from his hand. Then he noticed that grabbing the grenade wasn't so easy - there was an energy field surrounding him, stood off from his body about an inch! Closing his hands around the grenade, it went off with a THWASH!, causing Lionheart to shake his hands in pain... only for the wounds to start healing straight away! Lionheart, amazed, glanced at Silver Sentinel who could but shrug at the change in his team mate.

Speeding over to the comm panel in a blur, Lionheart pressed a button and spoke out, his voice ringing around the ship. Not surprisingly, there was no answer!

Concentrating, Lionheart imagined himself floating outside the ship, then the walls of the vessel became translucent, the sentient life forms therein becoming bright red dots of life - for hostiles - and blue for his comrades. Zooming in he closed in on floor 4, where the prisoners were held, and saw Spartan on the floor. The Aliens above him had pummelled him senseless. It looked like the agent had fallen defending his comrades Guillotine and Boudica, who'd dropped a couple of Aliens and taken cover behind a wall, popping out to blast with captured guns when they heard movement.

The Cyborgs were close to cutting through the locked barrack doors with laser welding gear! If that were to happen, the floor would be overrun with Nazi operatives, Alien technicians and several more Cyborg soldiers!

OOC imagine Lionheart sees this as a partially see through wireframe graphic, layers of walls and floors fading as he gets closer. We need to tweak his PSI powers because, let;s face it, they are crap in this game. Great for low level street adventures but we're playing on a level far higher with Lionheart, and soon the others will be more 'world level' rather than the usual bank robbery stopping types.

Lionheart 'swooped' up through several floors and saw Frostbite, his consciousness flickering, beset by Alien Cyborgs! P'ertaria had just slowed the mob down, whilst the robot had just been dropped with the explosion of a grenade punching a hole in its chest! Things looked bleak indeed!

If the Aliens took the ship, they could turn it round.

If they took the fourth floor, they might eventually then take the ship!

OOC Choices choices... It will take you a round or so to get to another floor - unless Lionheart takes a more 'direct' route.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 Mrjmp

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 20 2011, 12:50

Admin wrote:Frostbite has 2 frames to act before the bad guys do.

"Mom said their'd be days like these!" Frostbite said to himself remembering the farm where he was raised, so far removed from the present one, and the journey that had defied expectations to have brought him here.

Seeing how P'ertaria was paying a heavy price for her intervention, Frostbite decided it was time to cut to the chase. Stop leading with his fists and start using his brain. Holding out his hands he fired at the lead aliens cyborgs as they 'tore' through P'ertaria.

OOC: Ok roll to hit, quick blasts on the lead two aliens going to use 2 points on each
1d20+3+6=22, 1d20+3+6=18 Both hit, so damage is 5x2= 10 HTC, and the second is 1x2=2. But I am going to spend two more hero points to boast that damage. Great usual luck, 1d20=12, 1d20=1 I'll add the 1 to the first roll and the second to the second roll to boast them both.

So that makes it 23, 6x2= 12HTC, and the second is 13x2= 26HTC - much better. I think I've used up four hero points now. Shame I need them so badly, but hey ho. I've written things out here to make sure I'm still getting the mechanics, but everything should be obvious kicking off the type of attack and the accuracy roll anyway.

After this I will tell P'ertaria to get herself away and tell the Frostbot...

"Hey Frostbot any chance of you linking with the suits to turn their equipment against them. If they weren't so strong it might slow them down."

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 20 2011, 12:56

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart (evolution)

Admin wrote:If they took the fourth floor, they might eventually then take the ship!
OOC Choices choices... It will take you a round or so to get to another floor - unless Lionheart takes a more 'direct' route.

Lionheart quickly explained the situation to Sentinel, before taking off at his top speed, which now he had recombined with Golden Lion, was considerably faster than it had been before.

Though Lionheart felt bad about leaving his companion and their leader to the mercy of the Cyborgs, at the same time, it would all be for nothing if the Nazi's got in again. Speeding up, Lionheart raced on toward floor 4.

OOC:
Ok I'm heading for floor 4, looking at my new character sheet, flight seems slower and more likely to be difficult in this confined space. But if there any vertical areas, like the lift shaft, I'll fly leap up to the next bit and carry on.

Where possible I am continuing to keep the scan of people going. If at all possible I'd like to lunch a Psi attack as soon as I am in range/line of sight etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20 2011, 20:00

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Finally Frostbite struck back, partially striking a foe with a blast on the leg (OOC the rubbish shot) before catching him in the chest! He fell away, armour smoking from the intense cold blast!

OOC you have 3 attacking you now. One is on the robot, another is stunned, so you are finally making headway.

The robot paused for a nanosecond before replying to Frostbites' request. "I shall endeavour to try my best sir." Still laid down, it raised an arm, from which extended a cable that ... KTANG! ... clamped onto one of Frostbites' attackers armour on the back! (OOC 11 to hit, 20 for ego roll for robot. 1 for bad guys suit 'ego'! Additional roll was 15 for the critical but it's not needed.)

Suddenly the Alien cyborg cried out, whilst the Robot clattered to the deck, completely deactivated!

The voice box generator on the cyborg about to attack Frostbite crackled for a moment, then sputtered "I AM IN CONTROL!"

Whilst two of the Cyborgs lashed out at Frostbite, the third, with a glowing blue tinge beneath the vents of the armour, turned to attack it's former comrades!

OOC 1d20+1+6=17, 1d20+1+6=25, 1d20+1+6=21, 1d20+1+6=24. Solid hits... 26htc, 18htc, 24htc, all to be reduced by dividers of 3 (to 8, 6, 8htc respectively). Response?

The robot could only give a simple command to the cybernetic parts of the Alien it possessed. Those words were "ATTACK YOUR COMRADES!"

OOC 1d20+1+6=25, 1d20+1+6=22. Both hit, 26htc reduced to 13htc. 20htc reduced to 10. To be honest there should have been +2 to hit for each blow from the surprise attack. Therefore an extra 4 damage is inflicted (8 /2)

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 1692e6q

The victim of the unexpected attack turned around in alarm and anger, reeling from the unexpected blows! There followed a fast and frenzied shouting match as the robotic halves of the cyborgs squared up!

OOC 3 hits to respond to. P'ertaria has taken damage but is recovering from her attack on the Cyborgs. Frames used to respond will come from next rounds total.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 2pzac0w
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20 2011, 20:55

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart (evolution)

OOC the 'direct route' for someone with 41 strength would have been flying through the ceiling/floor Razz

Lionheart explained what he'd seen to Silver Sentinel, giving his team mate the choice of whether to follow Lionheart to the fourth floor or head to the bridge to help Frostbite.

With that the changed superhuman sped off, a cloud of dust where he'd been a moment before!

Saladin couldn't help but hum a tune in Lionhearts head as he waited the seconds for the lift he'd just entered to open. It seemed to take an eternity until Saladin reminded him of his boosted perception. 'You are... more ... than you were. You are more than even Trowers and Bentham could have dreamed! Our life experiences, our combined... 'uniqueness' has made you into the ultimate expression of the super soldier!' came the thought in Lionhearts head.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 24o6mmh

The lift 'pinged' and opened, Lionheart stepping out into a war zone!

Boudica whirled, blood running down her face, pair of guns pointed at the newcomer... she sighed and relaxed, leaning behind the cover of a wall and hissed "Get out of the line of fire!" It seemed with every passing moment they'd been freed of Benthams influence they were becoming more and more their own person!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 2dsfw3c

Calmly she reloaded and talked over her shoulder to appraise Lionheart of the situation. "There are four left. We downed two, then we saw they were trying to free the prisoners in the brig at the far end of the level. We suspect that's where the Cyborgs are held, and that they can communicate with them. The walls are reinforced with an energy field too strong for them to break but the locks aren't so strong. They have inbuilt cutting gear on their armour and ..." she paused, turning to look at Lionheart again. "You've changed." she said quietly, whilst laser fire pinged off the walls around her and left smoking divots where they'd struck!

Guillotine glanced over "You are... more?" she yelled over the whine of laser fire. She was busy reloading clips and checking to make sure the aliens hadn't moved. "We tried flanking them, but they've set up some kind of traps with motion sensors at the end of the corridors. Auto guns that track movement and chop whatever they sense to pieces. Spartan tried distracting them by rushing the group, but he was shot down and we had to return here. If they get through that door..."

She left the phrase unfinished.

Lionhearts incredible senses detected fluctuations in her breathing and pulse rate. He frowned, glancing at Guillotine more closely, and noticed she was drenched in blood from the waist down. She raised an eyebrow at his scrutiny, then lifted her hands to reveal three gunshot wounds in the belly! Blood pooled quickly underneath her, but she remarked "It's fatal, but I will be able to fight until bloodloss forces me otherwise. Can you suggest a plan of action Agent King?"

OOC set up at the top of corridors K, N, W and Z are guns like these:

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 Wlyu0o

The walls at the opposite end of those corridors look like they've been hammered by hundreds of bullets... The Agents tried, at least, to flank them it seems. Silver Sentinel can either follow Lionheart to level 4 in the lift or he can continue to head up in the lift to bridge once Lionheart has gotten out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 20 2011, 20:57

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

OOC:
Admin wrote:OOC 3 hits to respond to. P'ertaria has taken damage but is recovering from her attack on the Cyborgs. Frames used to respond will come from next rounds total.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 2pzac0w

Sorry Paul but you asked for a response only I'm not sure how many frames I've got to respond with?

Assuming I can parry all three, here are my rolls:

1d20+1=18, 1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=16

Ok so three Parry's called for and I get two of them, with 8 to exceed. Hmm I could take a hero point to bump that 6 but I'm going to let it pass this time, need to save them for when their really needed.

so first parry = 37, second is a miss, and third is=33.

=======
As the creatures enraged attacks got through Frostbites falling defences, even the Super Soldier was struggling to hold his own. Grateful for the work that the others had done, he was desperate for some sort of breakthrough. Pushing, always pushing himself since his first mission went so badly wrong, he'd been trying harder and harder, as the stakes seem to rise. Now he was paying the price, physically exhausted from the strain, he felt himself struggling to know if he could make headway.

But then that stranger, who seemed so very close, also called Joe, called to him. "Fight it, don't despair, keep pressing in, you're making headway." A voice he might only be, in Joe's head, but a voice with memories, experiences and courage. Fighting back, Joe almost blocked the blows coming in. New resolved fuelled his determination to not let these aliens overcome them, not whilst he still had the fighting Spirit of the his fathers in his blood.
========

OOC:

Ok fight back as best I can, and then wait for what comes next, as I suspect I few frames left to which to attack back at present.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 20 2011, 21:54

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart (evolution)

Admin wrote:OOC the 'direct route' for someone with 41 strength would have been flying through the ceiling/floor Razz

Oh didn't think that because that I had 41 strength that I could fly through the floors, I guess I didn't realise you could do that. The trouble with GH is that feats like that just tend to be things you don't think of doing, because well, its not that heroic when it comes right down to it. That level of power isn't something I think about.

Admin wrote:OOC set up at the top of corridors K, N, W and Z are guns like these:[/i]

Lionheart took one look at Guillotine,

"We'd better end this quick we are going to save you. Boadicea, I order you to take agent Guillotine and get her help. I'll take care of things here." Lionheart said as he cast a determined look back along the way. First activating his forcefield he ripped off a huge side of panel to act as a shield before, running straight toward the oncoming aliens.

OOC: Ok so after grabbing the shielding and activating his force field he will run in a straight line along column T, I want to keep the aliens on the left side of me, and the shielding on the right side, so that between the guns firing they'll either hit the aliens or hit the shielding. As I get closer I want to lead with Psi attacks until, I get close enough to do melee attacks.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  smaug Fri May 20 2011, 23:31

"Like hell im letting you go on a suicide mission alone" Silver sentinel said breaking into a run to catch up with the vanguard.
"I mean wheres the glory in living forever eh?"

Steve felt he needed to prove himself more than ever now.

As the faced the alien on comers sentinel turned to Lionheart
"You first old boy" then turned back to the hostile once more and took a fighting stance

smaug

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 21 2011, 23:19

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

OOC Frostbite used 3 frames from the coming round to parry, the middle one missed and he took 6htc. He's on 19htc now... Initiative 10 Heroes, 2 bad guys. The robot commands 'his' cyborg to attack, P'ertaria reforms into her humanoid form and attacks, seemingly ignoring Frostbites order to get out of there. Despite not being a warrior she's not willing to see Frostbite fall without a fight! Frostbite has but a single frame to use this round.

The robot compelled the possessed cyborg to press its attack on its comrade!

OOC 1d20+1+6=16, 1d20+1+6=12, 1d20+1+6=11. Just when the battle was turning, dreadful rolls turn it back again! Three swings, all missed.

The cyborg seemed to be fighting against the robotic side of its form, and it yelled something in its alien tongue. The injured Cyborg narrowly managed to avoid the attack!

P'ertaria reached out with her elongated arm to slam a fist against the thing!

OOC or at least she tries to! 1d20+1+6=15, 1d20+1+6=12, 1d20+1+6=11. And it keeps coming. Three swings, three misses. I have a nasty feeling about this is going to go, and last round I could've sworn it would go Frostys way!

The beleaguered Cyborg avoids the P'utinarians clumsy swings, making ready to reply with its own!

OOC A hopeless round so far. Despite having a great advantage with initiative, it was a wash out. Frostbite has one frame then the Cyborgs (three are still able to fight and another is still stunned) get their go. Let me know if you're parrying the incoming attacks after you've taken yours...

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 E8l3sj

Last edited by Admin on Sat May 21 2011, 23:36; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 21 2011, 23:32

Silver Sentinel
Lionheart (evolution)

Boudica listens to Lionhearts order, pauses for a second, then nods. She springs across the gap of the corridor as laser fire criss crosses around her, and helps Guillotine to her feet. The wounded agent gamely aims with her guns as Boudica drags her to the elevator. Meanwhile Lionheart and Silver Sentinel make ready to rush the enemy. Silver Sentinel makes it clear he's not about to leave Lionheart to face the enemy alone!

With vast superhuman strength Lionheart sinks his hand into the metal wall then rips off a metal panel. Sentinel reflects that the metal Lionheart is tearing up like paper is the same as his armour is made of.

With a glance at each other and a nod, Lionheart sprints into the corridor, raising his personal force field and feeling his fingers become fat and clumsy. It's hard holding onto the makeshift shield, and it soon becomes clear it won't be much use!

Laser fire pings off it at first, then a setting must have been changed because it starts to sizzle through it... only to stop short at Lionhearts' force field!

He sprints down the corridor like a rocket, Silver Sentinel flying low in his wake and using the future agent as cover. Laser fire criss crosses around the pair and though Lionheart doesn't bother dodging (OOC the shield is in the way) he takes no wound as that which gets through the metal panelling is stopped by the field about him.

In moments he is within range of the enemy! There are two close by (T6/R5) and one (S5) cutting through the lock on the door, whilst the other (Q6) is around a corner watching for an attack to come!

OOC Initiative Heroes 9, Bad guys 2. You have all your frames (Lionheart 5, Sentinel 4) to act. You have three targets (two are attacking you, the other is DC6 but with +2 to hit as his back is turned and cutting away at the lock on the door)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun May 22 2011, 16:18

Frostbite
P'ertaria
Frostbot

Admin wrote:OOC A hopeless round so far. Despite having a great advantage with initiative, it was a wash out. Frostbite has one frame then the Cyborgs (three are still able to fight and another is still stunned) get their go. Let me know if you're parrying the incoming attacks after you've taken yours...[/i]

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #2 (Crossover Silver Sentinel, Frostbite, Lionheart) - Page 9 E8l3sj

OOC: Hmm, I think I might be calling on the dark power at this rate, to teleport the whole ship to the rondevouz point and leave the aliens floating in space. But part of me resists that as it is too easy. But if I get staggered or stunned, I see little choice, of turning the battle any other way. Get captured or being held hostage is a one way trip to getting hoisted on our own petard.

Frostbite didn't like the way things were going, his own team was running out of options and yet he felt backed into a corner. Deep within a primal rumble could be heard as it Dark Prince stirred within him. The temptation to use that power, especially as things were getting desperate was very much in his mind. But Joe was made of sterner stuff and was determined to face these down, until he'd first exhausted all his opportunities.

Raising a hand, he shook off the feelings of anxiety and he concentrated on the nearest alien.

OOC: OK quick blast 2 points, 1d20+3+6=16 And its a blow out. So Hero point it. 1d20=8 ok so that makes 24, 8x2=16 against HTC. SO at least I get a solid hit.

I'll be parrying rolls again after this - what other choice do I have?

Bolstered, despite that fact that last blow shouldn't have hit, Frostbite shouted at the alien Cyborgs in defiance, "Come on. Take me if you dare, but know who you are fighting, for if you face me, you face the dark chill of winter personified and you will rue the day you sided with the Nazis"

Frostbite knew his bravado was for show, but he wasn't going to let them know that. And to be honest he knew there would come a point when he couldn't hold back the Dark Prince, better they be warned for if he was loose, then it would change everything.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum