The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - Putty Issue #2

2 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

World War II - Putty Issue #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: World War II - Putty Issue #2

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 07 2011, 01:51

CODENAME: ANYMAN
AGENT: LT CMDR LANCE ALLARD

"Ah yesh." said the Earl, putting his book down and standing. Despite the mans age he cut a formidable figure. "Just ash deshcribed. And I shee you've brought Orias with you." His eyes narrowed and he seemed to appraise the pair stood in front of him. "You are not... what I expected." he said, looking at Anyman in the guise of the older Peterson. The Earls eyes seemed to bore into Anymans soul. Was he a psychic of some kind? "Well? Hand it over then!" he said, with a hand outstretched.

Harry turned to Anyman, looking for leadership, and looked down at the rune carved wooden handle in his hand. "Should I?" he enquired..

Anyman looks at the older man for a few moments.

"No, you shouldn't," he says finally. "He is not someone who needs to hold it. Remember what was said to us as to who has to take it from you and carry out the ceremony. This isn't that person."

ooc: I think I'm remembering something about a 10 year old boy who needs to "knight" Peterson.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 08 2011, 00:23

AGENT: LT CMDR LANCE ALLARD

The old man stared for a moment, then grinned. "Bloody well right too!" He stood, walking to the drinks cabinet and waving an expensive looking bottle of scotch up for his guests approval. For someone who was an Earl he seemed remarkably down to earth. "It's not my sword." he explained, pouring three drinks, and adding a dash extra for himself before waving the butler over to dispense ice as required.

"I know why you're here though. Did you...?"

"I dreamt several knights ago about holding a sword." explained Harry. "Thought I had a pounding headache, with all the BOOM BOOM BOOM going off in my head but turns out I was dreaming that too. Then I get a call from my uncle, and suddenly I'm on shore leave heading to London wondering what the devil is going on! Next..."

He paused, wondering just how much the Earl knew.

In response, the old man stood and started speaking...

"When day is dark, and Evils might,
threatens to overwhelm the light,
warriors will rise, fighting evil evermore,
The Crusaders, the new Knights of Lore"

He chuckled. "Never knew what it meant even when I was growing up. Grandfather taught me that. Told me he taught it to my father before he rode off to die in the Boer war. Damn near broke the old mans heart when I went to fight in the first world war. No one was more overjoyed than him when I came home, alive, but with four bullets in me. He knew what that meant though. I would never carry one of those." he said, sloshing the drink in the direction of the sword handle Peterson carried. "When he died I thought I'd end my days in peace and the stories he told of this place and the Knights would die with me. Peace?" he looked out at the snow falling outside the window. "This land will never be more imperilled than it will be in the next year. Next few months, if my guess is right. Mark my words, Gentlemen, Herr Hitler has his sights set on Britain. Do you know it's the country he admires the most out of all others? A country of a few dozen million ruling half the worlds population at one stage? He has dreams of Empire, and that film from a few years ago.. what was it... 'Lives of a Bengal lancer'? Well, that bloody nutcase has an idea to rule Europe as we did the Indian subcontinent with only a handful of well trained lads."

He narrowed his eyes. "But this...? This isn't right. What's he's doing, who he's using, what he's using. The air feels wrong. The world.. feels wrong. I may be a crackpot old man, but I trust my instincts! The world has changed, forever, and those standing stones sent the call out. You answered, young Peterson, I wonder if anyone else will?"

The Butler coughed. "Ah sir, there's a visitor to see you. A young man. Very.. young sir. Says he's a, ah, 'Lore Knight' "

The Earl raised an eyebrow "The call summons those best suited to defend this nation of ours, eh? But a boy? Show the blighter in! If he's playing some jape I'll need my riding crop to shine his arse, what?"

OOC Anyman might wish to comment, or not, but I'll update in the morning in any case Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Apr 08 2011, 00:59

AGENT: LT. CMDR LANCE ALLARD

He narrowed his eyes. "But this...? This isn't right. What's he's doing, who he's using, what he's using. The air feels wrong. The world.. feels wrong. I may be a crackpot old man, but I trust my instincts! The world has changed, forever, and those standing stones sent the call out. You answered, young Peterson, I wonder if anyone else will?"

The Butler coughed. "Ah sir, there's a visitor to see you. A young man. Very.. young sir. Says he's a, ah, 'Lore Knight' "

The Earl raised an eyebrow "The call summons those best suited to defend this nation of ours, eh? But a boy? Show the blighter in! If he's playing some jape I'll need my riding crop to shine his arse, what?"

OOC Anyman might wish to comment, or not, but I'll update in the morning in any case

"You are right, the world is wrong," Lance says. "I know it more than you do. Few know it better than me or why."

"Well, I know it better than you and that old man," Putty chimes in.

"Shut Up! I know all of it better than either of you," the demonic voice chimes in for a trio of opinions of who knows the mostest.

Lance winces a bit at the conversation going on in his head.

"Um ... I bet that lad will be about ten years old," he says while waiting for the butler to return with the boy. "But I think you should also know that I suspect the Nazis already have folks all over this place trying to find this "cave" of legend. The barkeeper mentioned something about blonde men with strange accents showing up the other day. I suspect they are Nazis."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 09 2011, 00:07

Also: Harry Peterson (Lore Knight in waiting) and Nowhere Boy (Former Lore Knight known as Wraith, now a Vanguardian)
And: Earl St John of Caer Alwyn, custodian of the Lore Knights 'Temple'

"Already here?" spluttered the old man, spraying his desk with expensive whisky. The embarrassed Butler moved smoothly to mop it up as the Earl turned to look at a newcomer at the door. "What the bloody blue blazers is going on here? Now I have whippersnappers in halloween costumes to... ah."

The ten year old boy was garbed in black from neck to tow, with a long cape to his ankles, also in black. He held a mask in his hand, and his face was as a young boys should be - innocent looking for the most part. The eyes showed different though.

"Good to see you again Putty." said the self assured, if somewhat squeaky voice that came from the youngsters mouth. "Any more of that whisky going? I'm gagging."

"Ah-hem." said the Butler. "We have a fruit cordial for the young master, if he pleases."

The boy in black garb rolled his eyes but bit his tongue. With a grin he nodded and added "Please." and walked into the room proper, stopping next to Harry Peterson. "You've a proud tradition to uphold, both with your own family and that weapon you carry. Don't let the side down." He frowned, then added. "Like I did."

"Now listen here youngster!" spluttered the Earl. "I... dammit. You really are.. or were a Lore Knight weren't you?"

Nowhere Boy nodded, hopping into a deep leather chair and relaxing. "Yup. And a proper mess I made of things too, though I've been trying my best to make amends since." He turned to Anyman. "I just came from the cave. The old way in still works." he said, grinning at the Earl, who gaped. "If what you say is true Putty we need to put a stop to them before they find a way in. And if they're looking for the cave you can bet your last quid that they know what to do with it. That buys us time, but not a lot. we need to track down as many of the swords of Wayland as possible and mate them up with the right people, like Harry here. One down, six to go, if we're lucky. In my time there were a dozen places for us, in this one, seven." he said with a shrug. "It'll be enough - the Lore Knights punched above their weight anyway. What I wouldn't give for another Tor. poor Wendel never deserved what happened to him..." he said, sadly.

Peterson looked confused. "Tor? Wendell? Putty? What on earth is going on? And what do I do with the sword?"

Suddenly the Earl cried out, and knocked the glass from the table as he sought to steady himself. "Ah... they found the cave entrance! It was blocked with huge boulders a long time ago, said to be there to stop smugglers and the like, but it was to keep the enemy out of the caves under the old castle. Someone is moving the boulders!" he said, incredulous.

"The beach!" said Peterson.

"Or the Cave. If we join hands I can transport us there...?" offered Nowhere Boy

OOC Your choice...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 09 2011, 01:23

ooc: I'm not positive but I don't think Anyman has met Nowhere Boy nor has Putty. He knows Nowhere Man but not boy, right?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 09 2011, 11:49

OOC Putty knows Nowhere Man, but not yet as a boy (he was reborn into the current time as a boy and took longer than the others to meet up). Anyman hasn't met either, and the addressing of Anyman as Putty was deliberate (he can 'see' who you really are, just as Putty would be able to, but it depends on who is in charge in that crazy mixed up head of Anymans...) If Putty were in charge of Anymans head he'd see that Nowhere Boy was Nowhere Man, was Wraith and so on. Confused? Everyone has a crowd in their head, it's no wonder!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 09 2011, 15:43

Also: Harry Peterson (Lore Knight in waiting) and Nowhere Boy (Former Lore Knight known as Wraith, now a Vanguardian)

Nowhere Boy nodded, hopping into a deep leather chair and relaxing. "Yup. And a proper mess I made of things too, though I've been trying my best to make amends since." He turned to Anyman. "I just came from the cave. The old way in still works." he said, grinning at the Earl, who gaped. "If what you say is true Putty we need to put a stop to them before they find a way in. And if they're looking for the cave you can bet your last quid that they know what to do with it. That buys us time, but not a lot. we need to track down as many of the swords of Wayland as possible and mate them up with the right people, like Harry here. One down, six to go, if we're lucky. In my time there were a dozen places for us, in this one, seven." he said with a shrug. "It'll be enough - the Lore Knights punched above their weight anyway. What I wouldn't give for another Tor. poor Wendel never deserved what happened to him..." he said, sadly.

Peterson looked confused. "Tor? Wendell? Putty? What on earth is going on? And what do I do with the sword?"

Suddenly the Earl cried out, and knocked the glass from the table as he sought to steady himself. "Ah... they found the cave entrance! It was blocked with huge boulders a long time ago, said to be there to stop smugglers and the like, but it was to keep the enemy out of the caves under the old castle. Someone is moving the boulders!" he said, incredulous.

"The beach!" said Peterson.

"Or the Cave. If we join hands I can transport us there...?" offered Nowhere Boy

OOC Your choice...

"Who the b'lood 'ell are you," Lances demands. When the kid started spouting off things that not many people were cleared to know, he sort of lost it. "'Ow do you know that name? Putty?"

For one of the rare times, Lance loses control over his body. His body shifts slightly.

"Relax, that's Nowhere Man," Putty says outloud in his own bubbly-like voice. "He must have lived to come back in time like I did but wound up in a child."

"A child! That is so rich," a third, chillingly almost evil voice says out of Anyman's mouth. "%*%^*^*^* [the name was so awful to human ears that no one heard anything but meaningless painful noise], is a child. He came back as a child! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!!" Anyman's body had also shifted subtly when each voice took over Lance's vocal cords. This time, he seems to loom and menace. He leans towards Anywhere Boy in a parody of an adult playing with a baby. "Koo-CHee-Koo! Koo-Che-Koo! Baby want a bottle?"

"Hey ! That's not funny," Putty says, regaining control of Lance's vocal cords, hands on hips "After all, we are in the body of an actor!"

"Damn," mutters the third chillingly evil voice and shuts up, whirling their body away from the boy.

"Both of you shut up and get back inside me head," Anyman yells, clutching his throat and partially strangling himself. "Leave me voice alone. And there's nothing wrong with being an actor!!! I would punch your lights out for saying that if it wouldn't wind up hurting me too."

"Now what's this about transporting us to the cave," he turns, demanding of the kid. His Peterson face slipping and he is back in his "comfortable" disguise of trenchcoat, gloves, and head bandages.

ooc: Actually, once he gets an explanation, he will go with the teleport.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 09 2011, 16:34

Everyone, including Nowhere Boy, is somewhat stunned by the changes in Anyman. Still, Nowhere Boy pipes up. "I had similar problems dealing with the first few voices in my head. That was dozens of bodies ago. Now I try to blank it out, and concentrate on the here and now. Sometimes they help, other times..." he pulled a face. "koo-chee-koo indeed!" he harrumphed, a strange expression on one so young, unless it were brattish behaviour.

"I think the pair of you are certifiable!" exclaimed Harry Peterson. "And you old man, are humouring them!"

The Earl spluttered. "This is still my house boy and you WILL respect..." He stopped himself, gathered himself up and spoke calmer. "Right. If you know way a quick way to the cave boy we'll go your way, otherwise what I'll show you must remain a secret!"

Nowhere Boy waved a hand "You mean the carved leaf on the fireplace in the main hall? Justin considered changing it, but stuck with it as he was a stickler for tradition. Oh. Ah. When you have a grandson, be sure to name him Justin. He'll be a bit of a black sheep, but he's the most honourable man I ever met, and a true friend. When I fell from grace he was one of the few who'd give me time of day."

"Eh?" coughed the Earl. "I'm not even married! Do I look like I can father children?"

Nowhere Boy frowned then glanced at the others. "No, no you don't. Then your brother must be the one who keeps the line going. If we ever get back to our own time I'll have to ask Justin about his family tree... as for now? Hold hands! The Lore Knights could use the ancient power to transport them anywhere in Britain once they'd been anointed as a Knight. Sometimes it would transport the Knight to wherever needed, whether they liked it or not! Okay, hands, people..."

He offered hands to those beside him, who linked up with others and formed a ring. Before anyone could speak up their surroundings had changed!

World War II - Putty Issue #2 - Page 4 2zprzgm

Instantly the old Earl doubles over and throws up, and Nowhere Boy helps him settle. (OOC You're in the throne room numbered 6 on the map) "Some adapt better than others to the 'hops'. Made me sick as a pig the first hundred times or so." he grinned. Looking about, the young lad whispers "This place always made me feel... honoured... to stand in its halls..." He turned to Anyman "We Vanguardians owe a lot to the Lore Knights, mostly through my own folly, but this is where is started for me and my friends."

He fell silent, looking about, and tear filled the boys eye.

Harry piped up "I still don't... does the sword go in there?" he asked, looking at one of the slots on the circular base of the throne. Extending the blade he held it up. "Any last advice?" he asked, looking about. He couldn't quite get over the change in Anyman, and wondered if he would have the same fate befall him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 10 2011, 02:42

Instantly the old Earl doubles over and throws up, and Nowhere Boy helps him settle. (OOC You're in the throne room numbered 6 on the map) "Some adapt better than others to the 'hops'. Made me sick as a pig the first hundred times or so." he grinned. Looking about, the young lad whispers "This place always made me feel... honoured... to stand in its halls..." He turned to Anyman "We Vanguardians owe a lot to the Lore Knights, mostly through my own folly, but this is where is started for me and my friends."

He fell silent, looking about, and tear filled the boys eye.

Harry piped up "I still don't... does the sword go in there?" he asked, looking at one of the slots on the circular base of the throne. Extending the blade he held it up. "Any last advice?" he asked, looking about. He couldn't quite get over the change in Anyman, and wondered if he would have the same fate befall him!.

ooc: Dawns on me that Nowhere Boy has yet to say what his name is. clown

"Don't look at me," Anyman replies, looking around and feeling .... something in this place. "I've never been to this place before. Ask the boy. He apparently knows all about this place and where to go and what to do. And for some reason, I trust him. So follow his advice."

He turns to Nowhere Boy.

"And speaking of advice, where do I go to halt or slow down the Nazis while you do this ritual thing that we were sent to do?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 11 2011, 10:53

"Boy? Why I... oh yeah." said the boy. He scratched his head, then pulled on the black full face mask with white eye slits. It looked home made, albeit one that had seen the same hands make a costume from scratch hundreds of times. "Nowhere Boy. It'll do. And you're right, Anyman, we have Nazis to deal with!"

He turned, saying "follow me!" and raced towards exit of the room, calling out "Do what feels right with the sword!" over his shoulder.

OOC Assume Nowhere Boy and Anyman head towards No.1 room, the stables, and the entrance to the beach.

Moving through the dark tunnels, the pair saw long dead torches light up in their hangers on the wall at their approach and fizzle out after they'd gone! "It's a kind of magic!" called the youngster over his shoulder.

Moving into what looked to be an old stable, the place held spaces for dozens of horses, though the saddle and tack were long rotted away, as had most of what would have been fine wood fixtures and fittings. Moving towards the exit the light out here died out and it began to get colder as a draft blew down the exit tunnel. At the end of the exit tunnel there were boulders in place, some of which had been hastily plastered to hold them there, but it didn't look like it'd need much of an explosion to clear them. "The Earl never figured on anyone knowing about this place or he'd have taken better measures to secure it I suppose." said Nowhere Boy.

"Take my hand again." he said, offering the small hand. "And take a deep breath!"

Moving to the rock he pushed his free hand into it. "Follow me!"

The sensation of phasing through solid rock was unusual, somewhat akin to moving underwater and knowing that if you breathed out, you'd die! There was no light, and yet Anyman could see, but barely, the rock insides giving an unusual glimpse into the world no one else ever saw.

Then they were out... and stood on the edge of a tiny cliff, 100' up!

It was snowing outside, and cold.

"Brrrr!" shivered Nowhere Boy. Looking down, the pair saw the snow covered beach far below, and the waves of the Irish Sea beyond that.

They also saw a group of people, some huddled in the snow watched by two men with guns whilst two more unloaded equipment from what looked to be a dinghy, which had rowed out from a submarine, moored hundreds of feet away in the water!

Stepping from the dinghy were several unusual figures - clad in white with muscular forms, the three of them cutting striking figures against the all grey of half a dozen Nazi soldiers, and two Naval personnel! They were unloading climbing ropes, pitons, and explosives, Anyman guessed!

"Looks like we still have time to stop them desecrating this place!" hissed Nowhere Boy over the howl of the wind and the crunch of snow underfoot, with the background sound of waves crashing against rocks. "Looks like they don't know we're here yet. How do you want to play this? I was never a great fighter, more of a stealth type planner behind the scenes... Can you still cling to rocks, as Putty could?"

Below, the Nazis finished unloading the dinghy and started striding across the snow covered beach towards the cliff face...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 11 2011, 22:32

They also saw a group of people, some huddled in the snow watched by two men with guns whilst two more unloaded equipment from what looked to be a dinghy, which had rowed out from a submarine, moored hundreds of feet away in the water!

Stepping from the dinghy were several unusual figures - clad in white with muscular forms, the three of them cutting striking figures against the all grey of half a dozen Nazi soldiers, and two Naval personnel! They were unloading climbing ropes, pitons, and explosives, Anyman guessed!

"Looks like we still have time to stop them desecrating this place!" hissed Nowhere Boy over the howl of the wind and the crunch of snow underfoot, with the background sound of waves crashing against rocks. "Looks like they don't know we're here yet. How do you want to play this? I was never a great fighter, more of a stealth type planner behind the scenes... Can you still cling to rocks, as Putty could?"

Below, the Nazis finished unloading the dinghy and started striding across the snow covered beach towards the cliff face....

ooc: Think I haven't gotten my clinging or stretching powers back yet. The fourth power choice I took was all my skills instead of either of those. I love you

"No, haven't learned to do that yet," Anyman replies. "Listen, can you get on board that U-Boat? I learned from a sea picture I did a few years back that all ships have something called seacocks which you can use to flood your own ship. Military ships probably have them too so that they can't be used by the enemy if they are boarded. Why don't you go and try to find those seacocks and sink the U-Boat? I'll stay up here and throw really big rocks down on them and try to squash them. Unless they can fly and probably one of them can, I have the height advantage over them."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 12 2011, 14:48

Nowhere Boy glanced doubtfully at the u-boat "Seems a kind of strange thing to have, some means of quickly sinking the submarine, though I suppose if they were boarded they might want to do it rather than let the vessel fall into enemy hands. You sure you'll be alright here?" asked Nowhere Boy. He had a point! Anyman was trapped on a cliff face some 100' up from the jagged rocks below. At a stretch and with luck he'd land on the beach instead, but from this sort of height even his amazing strength and durability might not make much difference!

"That said, I can't do much better from here anyway. I hope your friend gets his act in gear soon! We sure could do with a Lore Knight to even the odds some!" he said, then he faded from view.

Anyman looked down. The three white clad figures were very different. One was tall, muscular and broad, probably a strong type. Another was clad in long white robes, a woman, though details were hard to make out from here. Yet another was clad in what looked to be a glowing set of white armour, like a Knight of Old! He looked up, and as if in challenge waved a glowing sword at Anyman, finally drawing it across his neck as if to say 'you're next!'.

Guarded by Nazi soldiers, the men and woman huddled on the beach cried out as one of their number was dragged up to their feet, and a machine gun pressed to their head. The muscled man called out in accented English. "We see you! Whomever you are, you stand in the way of destiny! Won't you come down and we can compare notes?"

Anyman watched as a sailor brought up a rifle, taking aim. A shot went off, but it pinged a number of feet below and to the left of Anyman, and with some satisfaction he saw the sailor shake his head, getting back into ranks. Cursing, the big man turned. "You either come down or... we spray this nice gentlemans brains across this pristine white beach!" he laughed. "Which is it to be?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 12 2011, 22:57

ooc: Does Anyman have any idea who these folks are who are being menaced? Because right now, I'm thinking of throwing my first rock at the guy with the gun and the second at the big mouth. My "bullets" are bigger than his so I might have a better shot at hitting them.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 13 2011, 04:22

OOC He doesn't know who the hostages on the beach are. They are all in their 40s-60s, academic types in suits and tweed jackets, all have had a beating of some kind though some less than others. What they are doing here is unknown, but Anyman is a smart guy - they may well be historians who've led the Nazis to this legendary place which would make them traitors of a kind. Unless they had no choice, or weren't quite sure what exactly they'd find here. If he misses with the rock (bear in mind it's beyond any accurate throwing range, so it'd be a good roll required) there's a chance it'll splatter some of those people.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Apr 13 2011, 23:46

"Well? What are you waiting for," the demonic voice asked. "Take them down!"

"But he has to worry about those men," Putty said in a more reasonable voice. "They are prisoners."

"So what? Their tough luck," the demonic voice said. "How is not attacking going to help them?"

"But they are innocent!" Putty exclaims.

"Do you know that for sure," the demonic voice counters. "Do you recognize any of them? Why can't they be actors that the Nazis brought down to pretend to be prisoners for just such a situation?"

"Even Nazis wouldn't stoop so low," Putty snarls.

"Oh no? What do you remember about your own life," the demonic voice smirks. "Didn't you wake up to find yourself in a box on a conveyer belt that was leading to a furnace. All because you weren't what they wanted out of a super-soldier?"

"Whoa! Is that true," Anyman says, entering the mental conversation for the first time.

"The drugs they used on me to give me super-powers took away almost all my memories from before that moment," Putty said a bit defensively.

"And you know what the future is going to be like," the demonic voice purred, sensing victory. "A future those men below have a big hand in creating. How is going down there to "save" those men going to change things for the better? All you are doing is giving yourself up for those men, and still won't have stopped them from entering the Lore Knights hiding place. The guns will still be pointed at them but now we will be closer for the powered ones to get their hands on us and make it easier for them to for US to tell them where the entrance is."

"But? What about the sword," Putt says weakly.

"What about it," the demonic voice replies. "We do not know what kind of powers it will give that man, that Peterson person. Unless it is some kind of super speed or teleportation ability that lets him teleport people to safety, how is he going to be able to save those men?"

"Damned if I do, Damned if I don't," Anyman mutters. "DAMNED!"

With that, he grabs the cliff face tighter with one hand, and bracing his feet as best he can. With the other, he pries a large stone from the cliff and throws it at the men below, aiming for the man with the rifle on the prisoners.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 14 2011, 22:22

Anyman struggled with his conscience and the inner voice. Finally grabbing a boulder with his terrific strength he turned and aimed as best he could at the Sailor with the rifle now guarding the prisoners. Hefting it he tossed it over the edge and watched it's descent. A number of people below saw it, calling out. There were a number of Nazis who scattered, but the three in White merely watched impassively as the boulder (OOC rolled high enough) smacked into the sailor and he went down without a sound. With grim satisfaction Anyman looked at the twisted form, boulder where his head had been and legs splayed at odd angles whilst a dark red patch spread out on the snow around.

Before the Nazis could yell threats up, Anyman had another rock in hand and was looking for another target!

He saw the Nazi in glowing white armour march over to the prisoners, haul one up, and pull his sword back!

(OOC I assume Anyman tries for him as well - it will need a decent roll again.... 16 does it, just)

The blade was about to slam through the terrified mans chest when CLANG! a football sized boulder smacked hard off the Nazis helmet, sending him spinning and clattering to the ground. With a curse Anyman saw the armour wasn't just for show. The Nazi straightened his helmet, reached for his sword and looked up. "kill them!" he hissed to his men. "KILL THEM ALL!"

With a cry one of them, a man, called out "Wait! I thought we had a deal!" The others were shocked and rounded on him.

The White Armoured Nazi 'Knight' turned to look up at Anyman. "I give you.. 5 seconds to surrender!" he shouted. "Or all zese people vill die!"

Anyman heard the rasping voice in his head. 'If you care so much what this enemy does to these people, you can call on my power, but I cannot guarantee their safety!'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Apr 15 2011, 02:13

The blade was about to slam through the terrified mans chest when CLANG! a football sized boulder smacked hard off the Nazis helmet, sending him spinning and clattering to the ground. With a curse Anyman saw the armour wasn't just for show. The Nazi straightened his helmet, reached for his sword and looked up. "kill them!" he hissed to his men. "KILL THEM ALL!"

With a cry one of them, a man, called out "Wait! I thought we had a deal!" The others were shocked and rounded on him.

The White Armoured Nazi 'Knight' turned to look up at Anyman. "I give you.. 5 seconds to surrender!" he shouted. "Or all zese people vill die!"

Anyman heard the rasping voice in his head. 'If you care so much what this enemy does to these people, you can call on my power, but I cannot guarantee their safety!'.

"He will more than likely destroy Caer Alwyn as well," Putty says, "but at least he admitted that he might not be able to control himself this time. If only your body was strong enough for all my powers! We could have strecthed and formed a wall between those men and the Nazis. Given them time to run away while we absorb their initial attacks!"

"But we do not have your powers, which are a pale shadow of mine," the demonic voice replies. "If you do not release me to save those men, then take heart. One of them has admitted he was a traitor. Not all die innocent!"

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few," Putty says finally and then goes silent.

The demonic voice goes silent as well but a feeling of anticipation builds in his silence. A quivering of barely controlled power ready to snap at Lance's word.

Lance ponders while watching below. The telepathic conversation was actually much shorter than if they had spoke but time still passed.

"Alright," he says raggedly. "I-I guess this is the way it is going to have to be. I will have to do what I never wanted to do ..."

"FORGIVE ME," he screams down at the men, as he gathers up more rocks and starts throwing them down at the men on the beach as fast and as hard as he can. "But for King and Country, I can not surrender!!!!!!"

ooc: You are a mean nasty awful man making having to choose between death and deaths and more more deaths or surrender and more deaths!!!!!! Just like a good GM should! lol!

actions: Continue barrage and hope his conscience will let him survive the death of the innocent below him. Trying to avoid hitting the innocent men but knowing he will probably strike one or two of them before taking down all the Nazis.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 16 2011, 00:14

The Vanguardian squirmed, but knew the Nazis would not keep their word! All he could do was hope to discourage as many of them as possible, but he knew the hostages were doomed!

OOC First shot (1 frame lift rock second drop) Eeesh. Roll 9, miss. This might hurt. Roll of 7 and 8, missed everyone.

The 'Knight' stepped aside and shouted "So be it!" as a rock thumped into the snow and the sand besides him. He pulled his sword back... CLANG! Suddenly something grabbed his sword from behind and yanked, pulling the man onto his back! The confused Nazis looked at one another whilst the white clad Nazis sprang into action! One (the large, muscled one) shouted "There! Footprints in the snow! But... they come from Nowhere!"

The woman in white robes called out something ancient, in a long forgotten tongue!

Suddenly Nowhere Boy cried out as glowing green fire surrounded his form, lighting him up! He writhed in agony!

The White Armoured Knight called out "A boy? An invisible boy? What in the...?" as he struggled to his feet.

The big man strode over even as the soldiers moved in to train their guns on the hostages. The woman continued to chant and wave her arms. "Do not touch the child!" she called. "I am forming a spell of binding on him!"

Even as Anyman watched green glowing bands formed around Nowhere Boys arms and chest, pinning them to his sides! Similar bands formed around his legs, and with a cry he toppled onto his side!

The big muscular man helped the Knight up. "Now do you feel like surrendering?" laughed the Knight.

'The High Prince is close to losing his temper and gaining control. This situation may escalate!' said the inner voice, no doubt referring to the first Shadow Demon symbiote in Nowhere Boy! Though the heroes' actions had been clumsy and ineffectual, they'd bought time for the hostages - in effect he'd sacrificed himself for them!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 16 2011, 01:46

Even as Anyman watched green glowing bands formed around Nowhere Boys arms and chest, pinning them to his sides! Similar bands formed around his legs, and with a cry he toppled onto his side!

The big muscular man helped the Knight up. "Now do you feel like surrendering?" laughed the Knight.

'The High Prince is close to losing his temper and gaining control. This situation may escalate!' said the inner voice, no doubt referring to the first Shadow Demon symbiote in Nowhere Boy! Though the heroes' actions had been clumsy and ineffectual, they'd bought time for the hostages - in effect he'd sacrificed himself for them!.

Lance let loose ever curse he could think of and he had quite a list of such words and phrases. Some even in other languages that he didn't speak any other words of.

"That idiot," he finally snarled. "I bet he didn't even sink the U-Boat either! We are going to lose everything! The country! The whole damn world!!! This isn't some kind of play where the hero wins at the end. It is WAR!!! And in war, you sometimes do what you absolutely hate in order to win."

"This is a damned Greek Tragedy, that's what this is," he moans.

"Dammit! I can't surrender," he yells down at the others. "Because I don't know how to get down there without breaking my neck trying to do so! The boy is the one who put me up and and he is the only one who can get me down. If you know anyother way down that doesn't wind up with me dead or with a broken back, let me know and I will think about surrendering."

"Not quite true," Putty says. "We could survive the fall, we just wouldn't like it."

"Shut up, I'm trying to buy us time," Anyman whispers. "I have no idea what to do anymore. If I keep fighting, HIS demon gets loose and we all die. Maybe even the whole country with him. If I surrender, nothing changes. The Nazis still look for the cave entrance and now have more hostages to force someone to tell them where it is. And the only here who does know where it is that damned noble Nowhere Boy. You honestly think he has the guts to stand by and watch people be shot or tortured without talking?"

"No," Putty says quietly.

"There's always Peterson," the demonic voice says, trying to be helpful. "He might figure out the powers of his sword and help out."

"It is our only hope," Anyman groans.

"Remind me to take my belt to Nowhere Boy, if we survive this," he says angrily while waiting to see what the Super-Nazis were going to do now. "I'll tan his hide so long and so hard the war will be totally over before he can sit down again."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 16 2011, 11:16

Suddenly a rope fell from above, from some point over the cliff edge. Anyman glanced at it, wondering if the Nazis were coming at him from another direction! Determined to make them pay, he instead heard a very English voice...

"Ha, ha! You scurvy dogs are about to meet your end! You've crossed the line, Nazis, and it's drawn in blood! Captain Blood!"

Everyone looked up, even the soldiers with the guards. Anyman glanced at Nowhere Boy. He seemed to be calm and composed, albeit trussed up on the floor!

Anyman turned as the rope shook and a figure swung into view on the cliff top some metres above...

World War II - Putty Issue #2 - Page 4 S2bgbn

"Errol Flynn?" spluttered Anyman.

The spitting image of Errol Flynn save in a mask and wielding a sword that appeared insubstantial, as if made of smoke, looked down and spoke in a quiet voice. "The sword said 'choose a form' and it felt right. Still, I suppose I'd best avoid the wrath of First National Pictures... how about..."

World War II - Putty Issue #2 - Page 4 2nh3sis

The Nazis were nonplussed.

Buccaneer glanced down at Anyman. "What you waiting for old chap? Rope's long enough to go down the bottom!"

Anyman glanced at the rope. It was nowhere near long enough, it barely reached the ledge he was on, but there was an ethereal quality about it, smoke wisped about its length and Anyman somehow knew it would do as Peterson - or Buccaneer as he was now known, would say!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Apr 16 2011, 12:35

The Nazis were nonplussed.

Buccaneer glanced down at Anyman. "What you waiting for old chap? Rope's long enough to go down the bottom!"

Anyman glanced at the rope. It was nowhere near long enough, it barely reached the ledge he was on, but there was an ethereal quality about it, smoke wisped about its length and Anyman somehow knew it would do as Peterson - or Buccaneer as he was now known, would say!.

"Damn! Been upstaged again," Lance mutters to which both Putty and his inner demon sneer.

"Get yer actor's mentality out of this and go save the day," Putty says smartly.

"Yes mother," Anyman replies as he grabs what little rope there is and starts sliding down it, using his feet to slow down enough to keep it from being a fall instead.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 17 2011, 00:45

[quote="Admin"]CODENAME: ANYMAN

The rope felt strange in Anymans hands. It rippled, as if alive, and seemed to grow longer and longer, and unravel at any speed Anyman liked! As he bounced off the wall of the cliff with his feet he got the idea it would extend to any length almost immediately!

There came a shout from above "Hurry up old bean! There be Huns to hammer, what ho!"

Anyman glanced down. He'd expected a hail of bullets to accompany his fall, but instead saw Nowhere Boy pass intangibly through his bonds and taunt the guards. They opened fire, the bullets pinging from the big Nazi who covered his face and staggered back under the ensuing hail of fire!

Nowhere Boy called out "I was halfway to the u-boat when I heard what the Nazis were going to do! I couldn't let them kill these people, sorry!"

The Knight in armour shouted something in German, and the sword started glowing.

Anyman had a choice - go down the steady, safe way and risk being shot at - but at least he'd land safely. Or perhaps push off the cliff and hope to land on something soft - like a Nazis head! Of course, the second option had the added risk of overshooting the mark and dashing him on the rocks! Ouch!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 18 2011, 14:01

Also: Harry Peterson (Lore Knight in waiting) aka Buccaneer and Nowhere Boy (Former Lore Knight known as Wraith, now a Vanguardian)

Nowhere Boy called out "I was halfway to the u-boat when I heard what the Nazis were going to do! I couldn't let them kill these people, sorry!"

The Knight in armour shouted something in German, and the sword started glowing.

Anyman had a choice - go down the steady, safe way and risk being shot at - but at least he'd land safely. Or perhaps push off the cliff and hope to land on something soft - like a Nazis head! Of course, the second option had the added risk of overshooting the mark and dashing him on the rocks! Ouch!

"Right! In for a penny, in for a pound," Anyman mutters to himself.

"Indian Chief!!!!!"

He flings himself off the cliff and tries to land on a nice group of Nazis.

ooc: not sure how high up he is by now. But he will either aim for the largest group of Nazis or the biggest one, whichever gives him the best shot at landing on someone.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 18 2011, 14:32

Pushing himself off away from the cliff, Anyman figured he must be at least seventy or eighty feet up... that wasn't the case a moment later however! The rope seemed to somehow sense his intent and even approve of his cavalier, foolhardy move! Plummeting down like a rock Anyman overshot the white clad Nazis and instead cannoned into the normal soldier types!

WHUMP!

Snow and sand were thrown up, and bodies scattered everywhere as Anyman, somewhat dazed, stood in a shallow crater. Soldiers were rubbing their heads, fumbling for guns. Some of the prisoners started to run towards the cliff face in panic, unsure of quite what was going on!

The rope dissipated like smoke in Anymans hands and he looked up. There on the cliff edge, looking theatrical and waving his sword whilst clinging onto the rope attached to something at the top of the cliff was Buccaneer! "Tally ho! Time to pay the piper you vile Nazi rats!" he hollered, and leapt out into the air, rope trailing behind him!

The Nazis were captivated by the outlandish figure and Anyman seized his chance to move from the crater. As he did so, a disembodied voice whispered beside him "psst. You want to find that plug thing you mentioned? Me and Peterson will keep the 'ratzis' busy till you come back!"

Buccaneer swooped down and across, feet out at an angle. The Knight in White Armour swung, missed, and was kicked two footed by the swinging man as he swooped up into the air again, whooping as he went! The rope was like a thing alive in his hands, and his laughter rattled the nazis as much as anything else so far!

"GET HIMMMM!!!" snarled the muscular Nazi, watching and waiting for the Buccaneers' back swing! The woman glanced about, shouting "How did the boy escape my magical bonds?" The one in Armour straightened his helmet and staggered to his feet, grabbing up his sword "Enough talk! Kill them!"

OOC Intiative 7 heroes, 2 bad guys. In swinging range are a number of (normal) Nazi soldiers. Some of the hostages are where they were dumped on the floor, some are 5m away running to the cliff face. The Nazi metahumans are 5m away (woman and big man) from Anyman and 10m away (Knight). The Submarine is some 100m away, out on the water. Nowhere Boy is invisible and intangible, Buccaneer is swing about like a madman, and seems to be having fun rather than chop the Nazis into bits with that sword of his. 3 frames, over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 19 2011, 01:57

Buccaneer swooped down and across, feet out at an angle. The Knight in White Armour swung, missed, and was kicked two footed by the swinging man as he swooped up into the air again, whooping as he went! The rope was like a thing alive in his hands, and his laughter rattled the nazis as much as anything else so far!

"GET HIMMMM!!!" snarled the muscular Nazi, watching and waiting for the Buccaneers' back swing! The woman glanced about, shouting "How did the boy escape my magical bonds?" The one in Armour straightened his helmet and staggered to his feet, grabbing up his sword "Enough talk! Kill them!"

OOC Intiative 7 heroes, 2 bad guys. In swinging range are a number of (normal) Nazi soldiers. Some of the hostages are where they were dumped on the floor, some are 5m away running to the cliff face. The Nazi metahumans are 5m away (woman and big man) from Anyman and 10m away (Knight). The Submarine is some 100m away, out on the water. Nowhere Boy is invisible and intangible, Buccaneer is swing about like a madman, and seems to be having fun rather than chop the Nazis into bits with that sword of his. 3 frames, over to you..

"I'm being upstaged by a two-fisted ham actor," Anyman wails. Both Putty and the Demon Inside laugh at him.

"Hey! You were the one who decided to be "the mysterious man in the shadows!", the one "who could be anywhere or anyone!" So suck it up," Putty chortles.

Anyman looks at the sub and then the people on the beach.

"Too far to swim with all these weapons around," he decides. "Let's take on the big boy and see how he likes an Anyman Sandwich," Anyman says, striking a quick dramatic pose and then launching himself at the strong Nazi.

"If I had a stomach, I would hurl," the Demon Inside says. "Being in a child would have been better than being in a vain actor."

"Now, now," Putty soothes, "all actors are vain. Otherwise, they wouldn't get up on stage and practically scream "look at me!""

"I got too many critics in my head," Lance grumbles as he attacks.

"hey! Big Man! Take this," he yells, swinging away at the big strong looking Nazi.

actions: Move up and punch away for all frames available.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next