The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about anything else!

+3
dunecat
DavidMcMahon
Admin
7 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Chat about anything else! - Page 12 Empty Re: Chat about anything else!

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 25 2024, 19:12

Hey Paul hope you are still on an upward trend. How did your brother's funeral go?

As well as could be expected I hope mate.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Apr 22 2024, 20:56

Hope things are going well for everyone. Things mostly fine here. Colonoscopy reveal 5 benign tumors, two of which are pre-cancerous. So next one is in 3 years instead of 5.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 23 2024, 08:40

DavidMcMahon wrote:Hope things are going well for everyone.  Things mostly fine here.  Colonoscopy reveal 5 benign tumors, two of which are pre-cancerous.  So next one is in 3 years instead of 5.

Hey Dave glad they are keeping an eye on it. We are all good here thanks. Been a bit concerned that we've heard no more from Paul recently. I did wonder if he was being overly optimistic when he said he'd be back on it in his last communication. Though I am not worried about the campaign as such, I am for him, since no communication isn't great.

Anyway, it's great to hear from you my friend, what's new with you?

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 23 2024, 12:28

Yeah, not hearing even a "yeah, I'm still alive" message has been worrying me since it's been over a month since his last message. I really hope he's doing better, not in the hospital or anything like that. I hoping for a "It's my computer crapping out of me" kind of message than a "worse medical" message.

Hope things are going well for you.

Steeple_jackuk wrote:
DavidMcMahon wrote:Hope things are going well for everyone.  Things mostly fine here.  Colonoscopy reveal 5 benign tumors, two of which are pre-cancerous.  So next one is in 3 years instead of 5.

Hey Dave glad they are keeping an eye on it.  We are all good here thanks.  Been a bit concerned that we've heard no more from Paul recently.  I did wonder if he was being overly optimistic when he said he'd be back on it in his last communication.  Though I am not worried about the campaign as such, I am for him, since no communication isn't great.  

Anyway, it's great to hear from you my friend, what's new with you?  

Sj

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 23 2024, 13:22

Yeah, all is OK with us thanks, Dave. Health wise I am doing OK. My work is going fine, busy as ever but I have a week's leave coming up which I am looking forward to. I have had to start using hearing aids, which I felt too young for. But it is a revelation as to how many sounds I was missing.

I'm thinking a lot about what is most important to me these days. With life having ever more options, distractions and stuff (which can be a source of stress and hurry - another source of stress) that keep me from the things that matter most. I'm a Christian minister and Chaplain so these are the things that I do, but it's my relationship with Jesus that gives me reason why I do it. And I want to keep this central as He is the magnetic north by which I am drawn onwards. This then and from this is where I get my sense of direction and I increasingly want to avoid the things that get in the way of that. Not that I will be leaving this group anytime soon unless Paul hangs up his hat. But more that, of all the things I could do, what would my older self say to me now if he could about how I spend my time and effort?

Anyway, this is so on my mind at the moment, I slip into it when just chatting casually about how things are. Please excuse my digression. But yeah, otherwise things are good, thanks Dave.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12