The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about anything else!

+3
dunecat
DavidMcMahon
Admin
7 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Chat about anything else! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chat about anything else!

Post  Admin Mon Oct 12 2015, 08:24

Will take a look but like Dave E says, scheduling and real life prevent me doing much of anything interesting on a regular basis. I did see about Pathfinder Online running into difficulties and I think you were a fan of that weren't you David? The MMORPG market is thoroughly saturated now so you'll have all sorts of games coming and going as they try and fail to grab a share of the market. Still amazed that WoW has just over 5 million subscribers (at last count I believe) seeing as its such an old game and the pay to play model is not so popular these days. To tell the truth I don't miss the grind of that, and MMORPGS are mostly about that, in my experience Sad (Run here, kill that, collect this, repeat, then go there for reward)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Oct 14 2015, 13:42

Yeah, PFO is barely hanging on. They have enough subscribers to keep three people working and the servers up. They have one more big update to the game to do. After that ....? If they can find someone to invest or buy the game, it will go on. If not, it will probably vanish after a few months.

SWTOR is interesting in that each class has its own storyline. Pretty much all of it you can solo through. You can also choose to play in a PvE server or a PvP server. But it is a limited game too. Once you get through the storylines, which are pretty good actually, you don't have much left to do except space combat, group combat and individual combat. But still, its hours of fun for a relatively cheap price - free or a modest monthly charge to advance a bit faster.

I just recently joined a guild The Crimson Tide, which just started up this past weekend. Depending on how many folks you have in a guild you get a certain percentage bonus to your xp. But if you just want to do the storylines, the guilds are not that important. They are more for the other stuff - combating players and crafting stuff.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jan 12 2016, 15:35

Surgery went well. This is my first day back at work. Still have energy issues but that will get better over time. Now to catch up with this game. Laughing
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 12 2016, 16:03

DavidMcMahon wrote:Surgery went well.  This is my first day back at work.  Still have energy issues but that will get better over time.  Now to catch up with this game.    Laughing

Glad all went well Dave and welcome back ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 12 2016, 22:56

Great to have you back David! Hope you had a good xmas and new year too Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jan 15 2016, 13:48

Don't remember much of Christmas or New Years as I was sleeping most of the time. clown
Had to take two days off after my one day at work. Energy levels much lower than I thought. But back at work again with a heating pad that may help get me through the day. Very Happy
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 22 2016, 16:41

Wow Nowhere Man has been busy, got his own team and comic:

https://goo.gl/wYi85j

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 22 2016, 17:48

Fame at last. Where's my royalties. Humph Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11 2016, 00:05

Went to see CA:Civil War. Probably best Marvel movie yet! 2 after credit scenes, 1st is maybe worth waiting for, not too fussed about the second.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed May 11 2016, 07:57

Admin wrote:Went to see CA:Civil War. Probably best Marvel movie yet! 2 after credit scenes, 1st is maybe worth waiting for, not too fussed about the second.

I loved it as well, saw it the same weekend. The post credits scenes were great, and I loved both as I am a Spidey fan anyway. Steeplejack was my UK version of Spidey.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 31 2017, 14:59

If you played City of Heroes/City of Villains, Ship of Heroes - trying to immulate those games as much as legally able to - is having a Kickstarter beginning April 4th.

Here's the link if you want to look it over.

https://www.shipofheroes.com/

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Dec 15 2017, 15:51

Well, I had to go to Maine late on Friday, my step-dad had dropped into a coma and was going to die soon. He died late Saturday night/Sunday morning around 3 AM. We had his memorial service on Tuesday. Got back to Raleigh early Thursday morning. He had Alzheimer's and spent the last three years of his life at the Maine Veterans Home. He had served in WW2 aboard the submarine, the USS Char. He was 92.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 15 2017, 16:02

David sorry to hear your news, I didn't realise things had gotten so bad for him. As I work partly as a Hospital Chaplain I know first hand how this time year is difficult for many for just this reason. I hope that such a long life, was worth celebrating and you being there was helpful for the family and for yourself. I trust it won't stop you enjoying your own Christmas.

What are your plans this year? Will you have the family to you, or you go to them?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Dec 16 2017, 12:01

He passed while sleeping so I guess it was as peaceful as it could be. The whole family was there, except for my older sister who is in the hospital up there in the cardiac unit with heart problems complicated by the new flu that the flu shot doesn't cover. It was more joy than sadness at his passing. His suffering has ended and hopefully we will all be together in heaven when my time comes. But thanks for the thoughts.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 24 2017, 16:32

Sorry to hear about this David (i've literally, right now, had chance to sit down and check in). There's no real consolation but 92 is a ripe old age and knowing your step dad is no longer suffering must be a relief.

I wish the pair of you and your families the best over the holiday season and beyond. I've had a challenging year and I know you guys have too, so thanks for sticking around this place when I'm the one who has slowed things to a crawl. I plan to update on Boxing day (26th, don't know what Americans call it?) but no rush for you guys as this time of year to be spent with families etc.

Cheers, and happy xmas, Paul Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Dec 24 2017, 20:04

Admin wrote:Sorry to hear about this David (i've literally, right now, had chance to sit down and check in). There's no real consolation but 92 is a ripe old age and knowing your step dad is no longer suffering must be a relief.

I wish the pair of you and your families the best over the holiday season and beyond. I've had a challenging year and I know you guys have too, so thanks for sticking around this place when I'm the one who has slowed things to a crawl. I plan to update on Boxing day (26th, don't know what Americans call it?) but no rush for you guys as this time of year to be spent with families etc.

Cheers, and happy xmas, Paul Very Happy

Thanks Paul and likewise a joy full and peaceful Christmas to you and yours.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Dec 25 2017, 01:03

Boxing Day? I think we call it the Day After Christmas Sales and Returns Day!
Been fighting bronchitis since I got back from Maine, so it has been a hard month. Everyone, enjoy yourselves.
rabbit
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 26 2017, 16:26

Sore throat must be catching. I've lost my voice and it's the perfect time for friends and family to come round and visit and (finally!) get that word in edgeways they can't with me normally!

On laundry duty so will see how far I get with the updates. Back at work tomorrow Sad for two days, then 4 days off Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Oct 09 2018, 15:49

Just out of curiosity, have you guys heard of My Hero Academia? It's both a manga and an anime. I'm watching it via the Crunchyroll video streaming service, not sure you get that over on the other side of the Pond but worth looking into. 80% of the world is born with quirks, which can be something minor like being able to change the temperature of a cup of water up or down by a few degrees, or changing the color of your skin, or being born with horns on your head.

Plot[edit]

Main article: List of My Hero Academia characters

In a world where people with superpowers (known as "Quirks" (個性 Kosei)) are the norm, Izuku Midoriya has dreams of one day becoming a Hero, despite being bullied by his classmates for not having a Quirk. After being the only one to try and save his childhood friend Katsuki Bakugo from a villain, All Might, the world's greatest Hero, bestows upon him his own Quirk "One For All". The story follows Izuku's entrance into U.A. High School (雄英高校 Yūei Kōkō), a school that cultivates the next generation of superheroes. As Izuku and his new friends try to balance their Hero training with ordinary school duties, they must face new challenges including the League of Villains, an evil organization established by All Might's archenemy, All For One, to destroy all Heroes and take control of society.

It is basically along the line of the young X-Men being taught how to use their powers but without being the minority mutant class but the majority class.

If we have the time and the interest, it could be something we could try out as a secondary adventure, high school kids attending a hero academy to become heroes, no secret IDs. It would obviously not be in the same world we are currently playing in. You only get one power or power set.

Powers that folks have shown include:

Quirk

Heal (回復かいふき Kaifuku?): This Quirk allows her to amplify and speed up the human body's healing process by kissing them. However, the process uses large amounts of energy, and could potentially kill. With this Quirk, she was able to quickly heal Izuku's broken right arm and legs in a matter of seconds, however she can moderate how much a person's healing power is boosted. She also seems to be able to stretch her lips to an abnormal length.

Quirk
This is the quirk of the principal of the Academy. He is an actual animal so some rare animals can have quirks that make them human.
High Spec (ハイスペック Hai Supekku?): Nezu's Quirk grants him superior intelligence that surpasses humans. Despite being an animal, Nezu's Quirk enabled him to live in the society like a normal person.

Erasure (抹ま消っしょう Masshō?): Shota's Quirk gives him the ability to nullify anyone's Quirk by looking at them. While powerful, this ability has many drawbacks.
◾️Erasure deactivates if Shota blinks or if his line of sight is obstructed.
◾️This Quirk gives Shota bad dry eye, forcing him to blink more often when he uses the power continuously.
◾️After sustaining grievous injuries at the U.S.J, Shota can't use his Quirk for as long and must rest longer between erasures.[9]
◾️Mutation-Class Quirks are immune to erasure.

Quirk

Somnambulist (眠ねむり香が Nemuriga?): Nemuri's Quirk allows her to put targets to sleep by exuding a sleep-inducing aroma from her body. The sleep-inducing aroma works better on males than females.

Quirk

Acid (酸 San?): Mina's Quirk allows her to shoot out a corrosive liquid from within her body and can control the degree of solubility, as well as its viscosity. She can use it offensively but has shown utility as well such as melting handholds for herself to climb with. She is also known to secrete the acid from her feet in order to slide around.
Super Moves
◾️Acid Veil (アシッドベール Ashiddobēru?): Mina's special move. By maximizing her acid's solubility and viscosity, Mina creates a gelatinous acid wall that blocks incoming projectiles. Mina's Acid Veil was strong enough to block hardened balls (which were stronger than concrete) with ease.

Quirk

Frog (蛙 Kaeru?): Tsuyu's Quirk allows her to do anything a frog can do such as: hopping long distances; jumping; sticking to walls extending her tongue, which can lift an entire person's body to a maximum of 20 meters; ejecting/washing her stomach and secreting toxic sticky liquid, and camouflage. However, when she is in cold environments for too long, she is unable to use her quirk.
Super Moves
◾️Meteor Fafrotskies (メテオファフロッキーズ Meteo Fafurokkīzu?): In conjunction with Uravity, they rise and throw several debris at the enemies.
◾️Camouflage (保ほ護ご色しょく Hogoshoku?): Tsuyu uses her frog-like body to match the temperature and color of her surroundings in order to mask her presence.

Quirk

Sugar Rush (シュガードープ Shugā Dōpu): Rikido's Quirk allows him to increase his strength five-fold, for three minutes, by consuming 10 grams of sugar. For every additional 10 grams of sugar he ingests, he extends the time of increased strength by another three minutes. However, when converting sugar into strength, his cognitive functions gradually drop, making him very sleepy afterward.

Half-Cold Half-Hot

Half-Cold Half-Hot.

Half-Cold Half-Hot (半冷半燃 Hanrei Hannen?): Shoto's Quirk gives him dual pyrokinesis and cryokinesis, divided between his left and right sides, respectively. The appendages on his right side can drastically lower temperatures of anything they touch, enough so to create large waves of ice. The limbs on his left side generate heat and allow Shoto to create and shoot streams of fire. Until taken to his bodily limit, neither has any visible effect on his body.
The drawback to his Quirk arises from his need to maintain his own body temperature, as excessive use of his ice power causes Shoto to suffer from frostbite. The frost that covers his body slows him down physically and weakens the strength and speed of his ice attacks. However, this weakness can be counteracted if Shoto uses his left side to offset the low temperature. The side effect to the prolonged use of his fireside has yet to be revealed, but likely resembles a mix of burns and heatstroke.
As noted by Stain, one of Shoto's greatest weaknesses is his heavy reliance on the devastating power of his Quirk.
Another shortcoming is that Shoto is unable to fully control the fire he generates.[14] [15] While he has predominately used only his ice power for the last ten years out of spite to Endeavor, allowing large and small-scale control over its abilities (ie creating ice glaciers and also only freezing Iida's Engine calves without him realizing it), it is only after the Sports Festival that he begins using his fire as well. While he is capable of using these two abilities simultaneously, he has said that he isn't used to doing this and still needs practice in dual-wielding his Quirk. While training for his ultimate move, he claimed that using both abilities at the same time slows him down.

Super Moves
Giant Ice Wall
Giant Ice Wall!
◾️Giant Ice Wall (大氷壁 Daihyōheki?): Shoto creates an enormous ice glacier, that can either encapsulate his opponent or block the immediate field of battle in ice. This move is first used in his battle against Hanta Sero in the Sports Festival,[16]but is unnamed until the Final Exams[17]. He noted to Sero that it was more powerful than necessary, but he was irritated (from talking with Endeavor) and overdid it. A variation of this move, slightly smaller in size, is shown in his battle against Katsuki Bakugo. [18] He also used this attack on a massive scale while attacking Mr. Compress.

Quirk

Pop Off (もぎもぎ Mogimogi?): Minoru's Quirk allows him to produce and pull ball shaped objects from his head. The duration of its adhesive quality is determined by his overall health. He can pull a large amount of these objects from his head; however, if he overuses it, it can cause bleeding.
Super Moves
◾️Grape Rush (グレープ ラッシュ Gurēpu Rasshu?): Minoru rushes towards the enemy and throws lots of his sticky objects at the enemy while running toward them, sticking the enemy in place and allowing Minoru to rush past them.

Quirk

Permeation (透とう過か Tōka?): Mirio's Quirk allowed him to become intangible, letting him travel through solid walls and the ground,[5] while letting enemy attacks slip through him. However, when he becomes intangible his clothes slip through him, leaving him nude. By activating his Quirk, he can slip through the floor into the ground, then reposition himself and deactivate to cause himself to shoot back out of the ground in a different spot. However, while fully intangible he can no longer see, hear, or breathe, and can only experience a falling sensation.[4] He can also remain intangible while physically permissible enough to launch counter-attacks.[6]
Super Moves
◾️Blinder Touch Eyeball Crush (ブラインドタッチ 目潰し Buraindo Tacchi - Metsubushi?): A feint, Mirio pretends to poke an opponent in the eye while his arm is intangible, distracting them long enough to deliver an actual blow to their stomach.[7]
◾️Phantom Menace (ファントム・メナス Fantomu Menasu?): A near instantaneous combo, Mirio consecutively launches himself at high speeds in and out of his surroundings with all of his brute strength, striking all targets precisely with pin-point accuracy and calculation from all directions.[7]

Equipment
Specialized Costume: Since Mirio's Quirk usually lets him phase out of his clothes and leave him nude, he has a Costume that is made of a special fiber that is produced from his hair. That way, his clothes will react when his Quirk activates and also become intangible.[8]

And the kid hero of the series:
Quirk One For All 20%

Izuku utilizing 20% of One For All.

One For All (ワン・フォー・オール Wan Fō Ōru?): Given to him from Toshinori Yagi, Izuku's Quirk gives him access to stockpiled power, granting him superhuman strength[4] and greatly enhanced agility and mobility by spreading his power through his body.[5][6]
Though he has yet to demonstrate superhuman speed, immense reflexes, and durability on the level of All Might, Izuku has shown to be able to properly control a small percentage of One For All's power, using it to enhance his strength, speed, and agility. If Izuku does not keep One For All below his current limit of 20%, his body can be immensely damaged by the force of his movements. Izuku has also displayed a type of mental connection to the previous users of One For All.[7]
Recently, Izuku's reflexes and speed have improved with the use of One For All, being able to hold his ground against various incoming attacks during the Provisional License exam. Izuku's control of One For All has improved as his current maximum is 20% of One For All's power while in Full Cowl, at the time of U.A's Cultural Festival.[8]

Super Moves
◾️Detroit Smash (デトロイトスマッシュ Detoroito Sumasshu?): The same as All Might's move, except Izuku does it in the form of an uppercut.[9]
◾️Delaware Smash (デラウエアスマッシュ Derauea Sumasshu?): Izuku flicks his finger to create a powerful wind pressure shock wave that has enough force to break large chunks of ice.[10] Due to using this attack at 100%, it fractures said finger, limiting the time he can use this move without gravely injuring himself up to ten times.[11]

One For All Full Cowl 3
One For All: Full Cowl.
◾️One For All: Full Cowl (ワン・フォー・オール フルカウル Wan Fō Ōru Furu Kauru?): Through his training with Gran Torino, Izuku was able to unlock this stage of his power and get better control of his Quirk. This technique allows Izuku to activate 20% (previously 5% which was then improved to 8%) of One For All throughout his body, letting the power course and flow through him instead of concentrating it in one location. According to Izuku, this technique gives him greater maneuverability.[12] Activating this technique gives him enhanced strength, speed, mobility, and agility. It also prevents him from breaking his bones when attacking. The cost of using this technique reduces the damage of how much his attacks do since instead of centering the power into a certain area, Izuku spreads it throughout his body.[5][13]
◾️5% Detroit Smash (5 パーセント デトロイトスマッシュ 5 Pāsento Detoroito Sumasshu?): Izuku activates One for All: Full Cowl at 5% then jumps into the air and delivers an enhanced downward punch to the opponent.[14] He has also used this move in the form of a straight, forward facing punch.[15]
◾️Delaware Smash Air Force (デラウエアスマッシュエアフォース Deraruea Sumasshu Eafosu?): Izuku uses his upgraded gloves that Mei Hatsume made for him to direct a blast of compressed air against his foe, possessing enough concussive force to stun Gentle while he was in mid-air, giving Izuku an opening to catch up to him.[16] By using all five of his fingers, he can launch up to four Delaware Smashes simultaneously.[17]

Izuku uses 100% on Muscular
A One For All smash at 100%.
◾️One For All 100%: A technique that allows Izuku to attack using the full power of One For All in the desired part of his body, with the cost of said body part breaking upon execution. Further usage of the same limb after an initial attack can cause scarring, as seen with his fights against Shoto Todoroki (causing Izuku to get surgery on his right hand due to injuries) and Muscular (leaving multiple scars across his right arm).[18]
◾️100% Detroit Smash (100 パーセント デトロイトスマッシュ 100 Pāsento Detoroito Sumasshu?): This move involves Izuku activating One For All at 100% in his arm and then striking his target with a lunging punch.[19]
◾️1,000,000% Delaware Detroit Smash (1000000 パーセント デトロイトデラウエアスマッシュ 1000000 Pāsento Derauea Detoroito Sumasshu?): This move involves Izuku activating One For All at 100% during an adrenaline rush and then striking his opponent with a full-swing attack. When performing the move Izuku first uses a full-handed Delaware Smash, then delivers a devastating Detroit Smash. During the climax of his battle with Muscular, Izuku not only managed to overpower but launch his augmented opponent with enough force to create an impact crater in solid rock with the strike alone.[19]

Full Cowl - Shoot Style
Shoot Style.
◾️One For All: Full Cowl - Shoot Style (ワンフォーオール フルカウル シュートスタイル Wan Fō Ōru Furu Kauru Shūto Sutairu?): While using One For All: Full Cowl, Izuku uses a fighting style that focuses more on kicking.[20] Izuku concentrates One for All: Full Cowl's effects in his torso and legs rather than his arms, allowing him to put out even more power due to the fact that the human leg muscles are naturally stronger than the human arm muscles, granting him enough power and stability and allowing him to step away from the shackles of having to imitate All Might.
◾️Shoot Style: St. Louis Smash (シュートスタイルセントルイススマッシュ Shūto Sutairu Sento Ruisu Sumasshu?) While using the Shoot Style, Izuku leaps into the air and before swinging around to deliver a roundhouse kick to the opponent's face. Izuku used this move to incapacitate Gentle Criminal, who had been empowered by La Brava's Lover Mode Quirk to match Izuku's use of One for All: Full Cowl at 8% of its power.[21]
◾️One For All: Full Cowl - 20%: Izuku uses 20% of One for All's full power and distributes it throughout his body, giving him an even greater power and speed boost. While it won't cause his bones to break, it does put immense strain on Izuku's body, causing him great pain to the point that it feels like his bones are on the verge of breaking.[22] ◾️Manchester Smash (マンチェスタースマッシュ Manchesutā Sumasshu?): Izuku leaps into the air and flips forward to bring down an axe kick upon his opponent. Although Chisaki managed to dodge it, it pulverized the ground thoroughly enough that Chisaki wasn't able to completely retaliate with his Overhaul Quirk.[23]

One For All Full Cowl - 100%
Izuku uses One For All: Full Cowl - 100%.
◾️One For All: Full Cowl - 100% (ワン・フォー・オール フルカウル 100%パーセント Wan Fō Ōru Furu Kauru 100 Pāsento?): Izuku activates One For All to its fullest extent throughout in Full Cowl, granting him a tremendous boost in speed and strength that allowed him to easily overwhelm the likes of Kai Chisaki. This was first used against Chisaki to protect Eri. The power increase seemingly gives him fire-like trails coming from his eyes and light colored hair. He can currently only use it infinitely with no damage done to his body while in physical contact with Eri. Since Eri has the ability to rewind the state of a person's body, any damage done to Izuku's body by using One For All at 100% would continually be undone by Eri's Quirk which proved useful in his fight with the villain.[24

Quirk

Invisibility (透明 Tōmei?): Toru's Quirk turns her body completely invisible. It is unknown if it is permanently active or can be activated and deactivated at will, but has been shown to stay invisible while unconscious or asleep.

Super Moves
◾️Light Refraction (集光屈折 Shūkō Kussetsu?): Toru bends light through her invisible body, blinding those who are nearby.

And yeah, I am wasting time at work looking all this up and copying it here as I needed a break before back to the drudgery of writing reports. Embarassed
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 19 2019, 17:12

Rise of Skywalker is ok. Seen it, it's... worth seeing.

Is it as good as Empire Strikes Back?

Don't be silly Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Dec 19 2019, 20:58

Heard nothing but bad things about it. Didn't even bother seeing the one before it. tongue
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jan 03 2020, 22:55

Working on an idea for another character as I was looking through 3rd Edition DC Heroes.  Maybe she can have a place in the game or maybe she will become the Haunt's replacement hero if he ever dies or is forced to retired due to injury.  I took Gadgetry, Scientist and Scholar to give her the ability to be a bio-chemist but I am not sure if all are needed to do so.  The points do not work out right, I'm between 128 and 188 pts off.  Though if I get to start with extra HP then it would.
Just decided to do a female character just because, was originally gonna do a male hero.  She is actually inspired by all the heroes who received powers through some sort of super-vitamin or super-serum shot or pills or drink.  Off the top of my head, that included:  The Shield, the original Blue Beetle, Hour-Man, the Great Defender, Captain America, the Destroyer, Underdog, Miss Victory, Ms. Victory, Rad and Bulletman.

Chat about anything else! - Page 2 Cozjgn10

Character:  Victoria Vita Alter Ego:  Dr. Veronica Chase
Occupation:  Bio-Chemist Wealth:  6 [$80,000 in 1990 dollars] (12 pts)
MOTIVATION:  Responsibility of Power
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STATS
DEX:  7 STR:  7 BODY:  7 [ORIGINALLY ALL 2's]  (56+48+48 PTS)
INT:  7 WILL: 7 MIND: 7  (56+48+48)
INFLUENCE:  7  AURA:  7  SPIRIT:  7 (56+48+48)
INITIATIVE:
HERO POINTS:  
{wealth/stats costs 468}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POWERS:  {costs - 312/282/252}
Jumping:  3 (14 pts)
Running:  3 (14 pts)
Swimming: 3 (14 pts)
Power Reserve:  8 {powers and physical stats, 6 total} (150+100+20 w/o restrictions, 150+70+20 w/3 restrictions, 150+40+20 w/6 restrictions (270/240/210 pts)

SKILLS:   {costs 158}
Acrobatics: 2 (29 pts)
Martial Artist: 7 (48 pts)
Gadgetry: 2 (33 pts)
Scientist: 4 (25 pts)
Vehicles:  4 (23 pts)

BONUSES:
none

LIMITATIONS:  
Power Restrictions [3-6 depending on GM ruling] 1. Powers come from Vita Pill  2. powers last one hour  3. must wait one hour before using again.  4. ? [is this a restriction?] Carries a total of 8 pills at anytime in two pill tins hidden on person.  5. ? [is this a restriction?] have access to a bio-lab and takes 4 hours to make 8 new pills.  6.  ?[is this a restriction?] pills last for 8 days before losing potency.

ADVANTAGES:  {Costs 35}
Attractive (15 pts)
Confined HQ -  secret lair/lab at home (10pts)
Scholar - Chemistry (10 pts)    

DRAWBACKS:  {minus 290}
Secret ID (-10 pts)
Married (-25 pts) - Dr. Clark Wylde, a Doc Savage-type Adventurer
Irrational Attraction Serious - Stand up and Salute Adopted Nation's Flag and/or when Adopted Nation's Anthem is playing. (-25 pts)
Voluntary Exile from Russia (-10 pts)
Dark Secret - Helped with Russia covert Super-Soldier Program that resulted in the deaths of numerous volunteers/prisoners (-25 pts)
Loss Vulnerability - Loss of all powers and physical attributes [drops to 2] when exposed to a special sonic frequency that breaks down the ingested Vita Pill within 4 APs range (-145)
Misc Vulnerability - if powers and attributes are loss from sonics, attributes will come back immediately once sonic field is over but she must wait an hour before she can take her Vita Pill to regain her powers. (-50)

450 start pts + 290 limitations + 45 character background pts = 785
character costs 973/943/913

ORIGIN:  Veronica Chase, was a bio-chemist in Russia who was forced to work on a top secret Russian Super-soldier Program that resulted in the deaths of many.  She wanted out and kept working on a formula to give her the power to flee the country.  She eventually came up with a two-step program to give herself superhuman powers and it would only work for her as it was coded only for her DNA.  The first part was a bio-cocktail that permanently, seemingly, increased her physical stats to 7 APs.  The second part was the Vita Pill, as she called it, that allowed her to access energies in her body to increase her physical abilities as she willed but only for 1 hour and then she had to wait another hour before taking another one as the adverse reactions of not waiting were too painful to consider.  Using this power, she fled the country and made it to England which she promptly fell in love with.  A short time later, she met Dr. Clark Wylde, an old school adventurer of the Doc Savage vein.  He helped her set up her new Identity as Dr. Veronica Chase the Bio-Chemist.  She took on the persona of Victoria Vita as a way to repay her newly adopted country and to help breakdown Clark's reluctance in marrying her as he said his career would leave her vulnerable to his enemies if it ever became known that they were married.  And they were married a year ago before the attack on London.
She maintains her own residence and hidden lab/HQ away from him.  She is set up as a private contract Bio-Chemist, most of the time working for one of her husband's philanthropic research facilities, which allows her much free time for superheroing.

STARTING EQUIPMENT:
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 04 2020, 02:38

That's a good write up... In terms of restrictions a lot of those listed are *sort of* limitations but in actual gameplay wouldn't turn up that often. I'll address each in turn:

Power Restrictions [3-6 depending on GM ruling]
1. Powers come from Vita Pill
2. powers last one hour
3. must wait one hour before using again.

1-3 probably come under power limitation, so --1FC for Powers come from Vita Pill which lasts 1 hour and 3. is misc limitation must wait one hour before taking another (or it doesn't work). In game terms 3) would only be a problem if the character was wanting to go somewhere so needed constant power/energy

4. ? [is this a restriction?] Carries a total of 8 pills at anytime in two pill tins hidden on person.
5. ? [is this a restriction?] have access to a bio-lab and takes 4 hours to make 8 new pills.
6. ?[is this a restriction?] pills last for 8 days before losing potency.

These would be a misc limitation as they don't really affect normal gameplay. You should get some points for them but generally they'll only come up once in a blue moon and have something to do with making the characters life harder (lab burns down, gets broken into, pills are spoiled somehow, someone discovers the pills on her and decides to take one - what happens then?) etc.

You'd then earn more HP through sub plots, role playing and the like

Another way of doing it would be loss all powers, attributes, skills without a Vita pill, no intrinsic range, can only take 1 vita pill every two hours and it lasts for 1 hour.

It's pretty late here (0235) so I'll take a look again once I've had sleep but can't see anything glaringly wrong with the character. When Haunt and Steeplejack start time hoping maybe they'll run into Victoria Vita if you like (she looks like a 40s kinda gal but the comic book heroines back then weren't up to much aside from Wonder Woman if I recall. Don't think Supergirl turned up till the 60s? you'll know better than I. That said the All Stars and the JSA had some mighty effective ladies... Told ya my head was scrambled, contradicting myself now.)

Bed time! More later!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jan 04 2020, 03:49

The drawing is of a minor 1940s heroine named Miss Victory. Holyoke or somebody published her adventures for a couple of years. She was one of those heroes who took a super serum and got her powers. But it's late and bed for me too.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 04 2020, 12:49

Rattled it off really fast (getting ready for work) and maybe missed a bit...
Chat about anything else! - Page 2 Vita-girl-v1

Possibly another way to do it. Gadget, Italicised attributes... Reliability number represents (running out) of pills so would require a roll of 4 or more to ensure she has a supply

Chat about anything else! - Page 2 Vita-pill-gadget
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next