The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 22 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 22 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  Admin Wed Dec 23 2015, 17:23

Enjoy it Smile

It IS a good film, it's just that us old farts from the '77 first time around era don't like seeing the baton passed because it reminds us of how old we are - or at least that's my theory Smile Got the same feeling when Star Trek passed from Kirk and co. to Picard, but was happy with the Picard era of trek. Shame the series wobbled in quality (with Enterprise hardly grabbing me at all. Think I only watched a few episodes, and same for DS9.)

That said, there IS a new Series in the works... that's the good news. The bad is it's 13 months away Sad

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 24 2015, 20:46

In case I don't get on tomorrow...

Chat about the game... - Page 22 Happy_christmas

Hope you have a good one guys Smile

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 25 2015, 19:32

Admin wrote:Enjoy it Smile

It IS a good film, it's just that us old farts from the '77 first time around era don't like seeing the baton passed because it reminds us of how old we are - or at least that's my theory Smile Got the same feeling when Star Trek passed from Kirk and co. to Picard, but was happy with the Picard era of trek. Shame the series wobbled in quality (with Enterprise hardly grabbing me at all. Think I only watched a few episodes, and same for DS9.)

That said, there IS a new Series in the works... that's the good news. The bad is it's 13 months away Sad

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

I was there in '77 as well, won't tell you how old I was but I was amazed at the whole phenomena that was Star Wars. Anyway loved the movie, so different in the sense that like Empire, where they knew they were going to do a next movie, here to they know so they can leave things hanging. So the end was both good and frustrating at the same time. Some real shocks and some real meaningful changes as well.

Anyway hope you've had a good day yourself, some time with your nearest and dearest and all that. We've had a mad few days with lots of travelling, about and its just settling down a little bit. Thankfully though I am away from my computer I have my laptop with wifi access. yeah. Only problem is I don't have the character sheets, but hopefully between us we can get by.

Anyway Happy Christmas and thanks for another eventful, entertaining and thrilling year in the Darkening Shadows campaign.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 22 Empty A quick question just in case

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 28 2015, 22:35

Hi all, I had the strangest thought earlier today. What is this site went down, what would become of us? I realise this is unlikely, and yet it did happen before. Then just this evening I was on to check and I couldn't get on the site. Not for long I might add, but it got me writing this post.

Not sure what we'd do, but I wonder if it would be a good idea to forward to Paul our emails, unless you have them already and so we've got a way of staying in touch, should the worst happen to this site. What do people think? I assume its only necessary if Paul, you don't have any other contact details?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Tue Dec 29 2015, 02:07

I'd go find Paul on the MURPG site where I first met him.. but for the sake of it. I can be reached at arthatt@live.ca. That's not my primary email mind but I check it semi often, enough that if this place blew up I could get back in touch.

dunecat
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 29 2015, 10:56

Good question, will pm you all my contact details (and we're on facebook too Dave)

updates tonight - have either been at work all day ( Sad ) or have the kids all day, which is kind of the same but playing video and board games, though today we are off to the seaside!

brrrrr....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 29 2015, 11:01

Right, just sent a PM to both Daves and Ryan. Don't think Ross is still about but he can have the mail if he wants it.

Ok, now to pull on the winter woollens and brave the flooded roads! Catcha later on Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 01 2016, 10:15

Christmas and New year out of the way, one of my new years resolutions is to make more time for what I want to do. Let's see how long that lasts along with exercise, lose weight, get fit, sort the garage out and (uh, hardest of all) sort the computer room out. Seriously, I have to get in here sideways...

Happy new year guys!

Cheers, Paul Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 01 2016, 10:19

Admin wrote:Christmas and New year out of the way, one of my new years resolutions is to make more time for what I want to do. Let's see how long that lasts along with exercise, lose weight, get fit, sort the garage out and (uh, hardest of all) sort the computer room out. Seriously, I have to get in here sideways...

Happy new year guys!

Cheers, Paul Smile

Wow lofty goals, but it depends, (as with all these things) how you break them down into manageable steps so you can achieve your goal rather than get frustrated. Most people overestimate what they can get done in a short time, but underestimate what they can do in a longer stretch of time. Anyway, I hope you find more fruitfulness and less frustration. Thanks for sticking with us.

Happy New Year

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 28 2016, 19:40

Bit of a swine of a week, sorry guys. The wife decided to get another dog to replace the one we lost (cancer) in October. That means starting again with the puppy training garbage and making sure she doesn't eat wires, go up the stairs, poo all over the place etc. It's wearing me out Sad Add to that long (12 hour) shifts and its all a bit pants really. Might get better by Sunday but long shifts Friday and longer still (will be out of house 14 hours+ Sad ) on Saturday. Got to look on the bright side though as my former colleagues at the previous company I worked for are facing redundancy and dropping to half pay. Gutted for them, so its hard to feel relief at having dodged that bullet... Anyway, will post what I can. Might get chance tomorrow between 0830 and 1000 if I can avoid being nattered at by managers unlike today...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 28 2016, 19:42

Admin wrote:Bit of a swine of a week, sorry guys. The wife decided to get another dog to replace the one we lost (cancer) in October. That means starting again with the puppy training garbage and making sure she doesn't eat wires, go up the stairs, poo all over the place etc. It's wearing me out Sad Add to that long (12 hour) shifts and its all a bit pants really. Might get better by Sunday but long shifts Friday and longer still (will be out of house 14 hours+ Sad ) on Saturday. Got to look on the bright side though as my former colleagues at the previous company I worked for are facing redundancy and dropping to half pay. Gutted for them, so its hard to feel relief at having dodged that bullet... Anyway, will post what I can. Might get chance tomorrow between 0830 and 1000 if I can avoid being nattered at by managers unlike today...

Ah no worries mate, given the rate that you've been posting out its felt like we've been riding a real wave. Anyway this to will pass, so no worries...dog training, hmm, remember it well.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 29 2016, 20:52

Will be back up to speed tomorrow. Have to hit sack now (for a 0430 start) but Sunday I get a lie in (no start till 11) so that means Saturday night is me time Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 22 2016, 21:17

Running a bit behind, apologies. Having to hit sack for an early start but will update tomorrow night (Tuesday) Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 15 2016, 16:27

The usual apology for tardy posting. This time it's down to horrendous night shifts that have my body clock all over the place and functioning (if you call it that) on 3 hours sleep a day, what with looking after the kids and failing miserably to get to sleep when the sun is shining outside. Doh. Anyway, still here, still alive, will update when I can!

This game gives me a much needed respite from the rigours of daily life right now... I love you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 19 2016, 23:17

Should be back to reasonable posting next week. Today spent most of day shuttling my stuff (boxes of books and rpgs mostly!) to a lockup. Tomorrow have someone coming round to view the house and bed in the afternoon for a midnight monday start Sad but will update as I will have chance in the afternoon before sack time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 30 2016, 13:49

What a week. Roped into fixing someones computer I've wasted nearly three days on trying to retrieve a Windows 10 machine when it really doesn't want to be saved.

Whilst waiting for the fresh install of Windows 7 to go on it - and update itself endlessly Sad - I figured to get some posting done on my laptop only to find the same problem which afflicted the Windows 10 machine has affected my laptop (which hasn't been turned on in a week and was working fine otherwise!!!)!

Anyway, testament to Windows 7 vs 10, it took ten minutes of fiddling to get into the registry and swap the windows profile from a backup to the main and hey presto, back up and running. Trying to do that on the 10 machine was an exercise in futility. The more things 'improve' the worse they seem to get in terms of reliability it seems.

Anyway, am behind with posting, apologies. Not seen anything from David M this week, all ok mate?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 12 2016, 09:59

Updates later today. Rare day off but house hunting! Sad This is going to be tedious...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 12 2016, 14:03

Admin wrote:Updates later today. Rare day off but house hunting! Sad This is going to be tedious...

Ugh, and the pain continues. A necessary evil though if you're going to have somewhere to dive into at the end of day/night shift.

Best of and all that.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 12 2016, 23:51

Had a right rollercoaster today. With the weather honking down the wife and kids came with me, helping (or otherwise) to navigate while I drove about looking for these houses. We got a phone call whilst out from the estate agent saying the couple buying our house had revised their bid from the asking price of 250k down to 240k, which has all sorts of ramifications with regards the division of assets etc and impact on the kids.

So we had a stressful few hours wondering what to do - take the offer and get the sale or hold out and risk the sale going kaput? I suggested letting this couple sweat for a day and coming back with another offer but the wife rung in a revised offer of £246500 and a 'take it or leave it' ultimatum. More sweating.

20 minutes later, they've accepted, so it was on, then off for a few hours, then back on, all in the space of a day. We've had to give them 3k but I suppose it's all a game and we play it the same as the buyers. We had an idea they were trying it on after their puppy like enthusiasm to buy the house but if we'd held out for the asking price would they have withdrawn? Call the bluff or play the game?

Well, *hopefully* (I'll believe it when ink is on paper) that's the house sold. We'll see. Found somewhere I'd be happy to live, problem is it's not available to view till May 1. I'm tempted to take the place anyway based on the pictures as one way or another I will be homeless in 6 weeks or so at the rate we're going!

Fun and games!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 13 2016, 07:45

Admin wrote:Well, *hopefully* (I'll believe it when ink is on paper) that's the house sold. We'll see. Found somewhere I'd be happy to live, problem is it's not available to view till May 1. I'm tempted to take the place anyway based on the pictures as one way or another I will be homeless in 6 weeks or so at the rate we're going!
Fun and games!

I've never quite understood that something so important is at almost every aspect of the journey from offer to completion so precarious, with so many ways for people to spend a fortune before the ink has dried and yet still fall through. No wonder its so stressful. Anyway perhaps one of the ways you can make the decision easier re this possible location is go see the place at different times (what is like on the weekend, evening etc?) and also have a walk around what are the people like? Friendly or hostile etc.

And just remember how good estate agents are at photographing a place in the best light. Having said that, the place I am in was terrible and we only went to look because we had a better option around the corner. When we arrived we found that the photographs failed to highlight the places features and benefits. We love living here, but we'd never have made such a decision if we relied entirely on what we saw on the web.

Thanks for keeping us informed, I feel for you mate, I know how hard some of these things can be. Can't imagine having to do it without my family though Sad

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Apr 14 2016, 09:05

nerve conduction test done. Don't let them fool you, it hurts at times. Good news, only slight neuropathy at extremities and at elbow, due to modern resting of such on desks and car armrest for support. No problems from spinal surgery. Have to undergo swallowing and voice training to be able to swallow better and relax my vocal cords so I don't strain them.

Pain seems lower down then where surgery was so may have another problem. Will see later this month when I talk with my doctor about it. Pain still increases and muscles start to tighten and exhaustion sets in.

Finally got my computer malware and adware free too. So that's a relief. Back to the game when I can.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 14 2016, 09:18

DavidMcMahon wrote:nerve conduction test done.  Don't let them fool you, it hurts at times.  Good news, only slight neuropathy at extremities and at elbow, due to modern resting of such on desks and car armrest for support.  No problems from spinal surgery.  Have to undergo swallowing and voice training to be able to swallow better and relax my vocal cords so I don't strain them.

Pain seems lower down then where surgery was so may have another problem.  Will see later this month when I talk with my doctor about it.  Pain still increases and muscles start to tighten and exhaustion sets in.

Finally got my computer malware and adware free too.  So that's a relief.  Back to the game when I can.

Welcome back David, glad to hear that things are progressing in the right way even if its slow. Argh, computer infected, that's annoying. Glad you got it sorted out ok.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 17 2016, 14:39

Glad to hear you'll be on the mend David. Will still be here when you get chance to dive back in, no worries.

Dave, been scouring for houses the last few days. Stressful, exhausting, living out of the car AND fitting it round work shifts and kids been off school. It's just... well, you can guess what it's like. Not enough hours in the day etc. Should be back posting if not tonight (up tomorrow for 3am start) then tomorrow. Well, that's after the FIVE house viewings. Have found several (three or four I think) that would be perfect, only to find they are going through the letting process. That said we got a call back from an agent to say one letting had fallen through, so that one tomorrow at 1300. I finish work at 1240 so need to hotfoot it down the motorway. have a 1400 AND a 1415, then a 1500 and a 1600. Unfortunately you need to be quick as literally sometimes there are a queue of people waiting to look round places. Had that at two houses so far, and on Saturday turned up to look at a place only for the agent to have brought the wrong keys so we couldn't get in. Gggggreat. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, will keep you guys updated, and thanks for the messages of support. I'm keeping a brave face and a silly grin on but a lot of the time, inside I'm screaming. Sad

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Apr 18 2016, 08:43

Admin wrote:Glad to hear you'll be on the mend David. Will still be here when you get chance to dive back in, no worries.

Dave, been scouring for houses the last few days. Stressful, exhausting, living out of the car AND fitting it round work shifts and kids been off school. It's just... well, you can guess what it's like. Not enough hours in the day etc. Should be back posting if not tonight (up tomorrow for 3am start) then tomorrow. Well, that's after the FIVE house viewings. Have found several (three or four I think) that would be perfect, only to find they are going through the letting process. That said we got a call back from an agent to say one letting had fallen through, so that one tomorrow at 1300. I finish work at 1240 so need to hotfoot it down the motorway. have a 1400 AND a 1415, then a 1500 and a 1600. Unfortunately you need to be quick as literally sometimes there are a queue of people waiting to look round places. Had that at two houses so far, and on Saturday turned up to look at a place only for the agent to have brought the wrong keys so we couldn't get in. Gggggreat. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, will keep you guys updated, and thanks for the messages of support. I'm keeping a brave face and a silly grin on but a lot of the time, inside I'm screaming. Sad

Cheers, Paul

Oh boy, they say divorce and moving are two of the five most stressful things people can experience and you are proving why that is. Given the nature of your work, the added complications of children, Paul the last thing you need worry about is where we are at presently. I don't mind waiting a few weeks till things get sorted and you are in a better place (literally as well as figuratively) to tackle this. I would rather this not be an additional pressure to an already pressured few weeks.

All the best mate

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 08 2016, 09:51

Things are moving apace with the house move now hence not much time (in between work, kids, packing, moving, sleep etc) of posting but there's light at the end of the tunnel. Get the keys this week then flitting between current place and new one but should have time to post more frequently, so thanks for hanging in there. Next post I will move things on a fair bit to get the stories cranked up a gear...

Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 39  Next