The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 12 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jan 25 2014, 08:44

Admin wrote:Updates over the weekend. Had the usual night shifts/kids during the day/back onto nights shifts rubbish this week but next is easier. Am aware I need to move the games on as well, so 'stuff' will start to happen...

Great news mate thanks for keeping us up to date ;-)
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Wed Feb 12 2014, 22:07

Still alive, just dealing with life. Hopefully I'll be able to get to posting again soon. Soon being in the next few days!

dunecat
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 12 2014, 22:08

dunecat wrote:Still alive, just dealing with life. Hopefully I'll be able to get to posting again soon. Soon being in the next few days!
Great to hear that mate, just as you can.  Some of us have gotten away with posting more regularly some less, but Paul is very understanding.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 12 2014, 23:25

Dune - no probs. Real life takes precedence, sometimes it's just tricky to get to a keyboard and type with all this stuff swirling in your head and leaving no room for gaming. Been there... got t-shirt etc...

My situation is that I've asked my Wife to quit her job. Right now (and since September last year) I'm working then having kids rest of day, or having kids then going to work. Sleep patterns are all over the place, social time is non existent, it's not good enough.

She will be jacking work in at the end of March and looking for something more suited (like she had before) in School/term time. Not ideal but it feels like there are not enough hours in the day right now, and regardless of money I can't/won't put up with it any more.

Sorry to unload a little but just explaining my situation. My life will be getting easier, just have to (nnngh!) wait a bit longer, but there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 13 2014, 07:19

Admin wrote:Dune - no probs. Real life takes precedence,Sorry to unload a little but just explaining my situation. My life will be getting easier, just have to (nnngh!) wait a bit longer, but there is light at the end of the tunnel...

I wondered what had changed so much with you, it occurred to me along the way that with kids growing up that you were just going through that intense period of life where you have to be hands on a lot more.  But I didn't realise the wife was working as much as she had been, as well.  No wonder things have been difficult.  

No worries unloading, I think its healthy and makes a lot more sense of the way things have been.  

Trust your wife is able to find something suitable soon.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 19 2014, 00:18

Update later on today for Lionheart/Frosty/Centurion and co. Have the week off, kids off school, you can guess the rest. Only been two days and exhausted ...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 25 2014, 15:55

Updates start again from tomorrow. Kids (FINALLY!) back at school today, on nights though so its a case of kids all afternoon, 1 hour sleep, work all night. Then a week off.

Bliss Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Feb 25 2014, 21:13

Are you sure you are actually getting an hour's sleep? With that little sleep, how do you know you just aren't in sleep depravation and are actually thinking you are asleep when actually driving down a road straight towards a semi?  What a Face 
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Tue Feb 25 2014, 21:58

I'm back and kicking again! Hurra! It would have been sooner but we got burried in a freak snow storm and all my web activity is done at the library xP

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Feb 25 2014, 21:59

DavidMcMahon wrote:Are you sure you are actually getting an hour's sleep?  With that little sleep, how do you know you just aren't in sleep depravation and are actually thinking you are asleep when actually driving down a road straight towards a semi?      What a Face 
Argh no, sounds like an evil plan by Mysterio.  

Smile
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 26 2014, 23:18

Hiya guys Smile

Be good to have you back Dune, everyone else thanks for patience as usual Smile

And for the record, that hour probably turned out to be around 30 minutes Sad

That's what working nights get you - the complexion and mannerisms of the walking dead Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Wed Mar 05 2014, 18:39

Paul asked we talk about this in the OOC thread, which I agree with. So, as far as Dex 0 and taking physical actions goes.. I believe that a character with zero dex simply cannot move, which is why the petrify power reduces dex to 0. You are in effect a statue at that point and would be unable to physically move. A purely mental action would work just fine of course, thus mental/mystical actions aren't directly impacted. I would personally make an arguement that a 'physical' action that requires no actual physical direction.. say a character with the right description on an energy blast for example, could still use that action so long as they can use the action without moving.

All that however is off the top of my head, the laptop I had the books on is currently FUBARed so it's not based on a distinct checking of the rules, rather it's off my understanding of them.

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 05 2014, 21:50

Guess it depends on the reason one is at Dex 0. If Superman is magically turned into stone, then he wouldn't be able to use his heat vision. If he was somehow paralyzed, he might be able to use his Heat Vision at anything in front of him - paralyzed, meaning he could move his eyes left or right but just staring straight ahead.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 10 2014, 21:47

Yeah I guess the comics are full of examples where a character is immobilised and can somehow move a finger or direct their eye beam type weapon to help them in some way.

Until I can find some rule otherwise, assume 0APs of Dex or Int renders the character unable to physically act (the first because they can't move, the second because they can't think).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Mon Mar 10 2014, 22:00

Given that people are blinded currently rather then immobolized.. They'd still be able to act they just would completely suck at targeting.. So if Lionheart wanted to use his Super Strength to hold up a falling beam that someone else directed him under he'd be perfectly able to do so.

.. I think Lionheart has superstrength..

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 26 2014, 12:03

Still alive Smile Updates tonight Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 07 2014, 22:12

Update tomorrow (Tuesday) and will aim for every day this week. Long shifts, kids off school, youngest has German Measles and it might have been passed on to everyone else as we all have symptoms. Fun and games...  Rolling Eyes Even as we speak I need to be in bed - up at 0430 for a 12 hour shift and my 4 year old is still running about when he should have been asleep hours ago. Anyway, as an aside Captain America 2 is pretty good, well worth a watch Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 15 2014, 22:07

Combination of stupid long hours at work - not through choice  Sad kids off school (and pouncing as soon as I get in the door) and some horrible infection thing have conspired to bump me off. I'm still alive, but look like one of the walking dead. Update tomorrow - thanks for your patience as usual...

On the plus side I had a job interview and got the job last Friday. On the negative side I nearly passed out when I was in the car on the way home. I think the kids have had german measles or scarlet fever, something like that. I reckon I've had all them but it gave me some horrible flu thing which manifested on the day of the interview, so by the time I finished work, went home to get changed then drove to this other place I was feeling like death, and putting on a brave face/bluffing my way through it whilst trying not to cold sweat/shiver. Bloomin' horrible.

Hope y'all are well anyway. Need to hit sack. Up at 4am for another 12 hour stint Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Apr 15 2014, 22:44

Hope you feel better soon.

New job. Better pay? Same pay? Less hours?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:05

Pay slightly less, believe or not... it's just that I get paid for the time I spend there rather than 35 hours regardless of whether I do 20 or (more likely, as has been the case for last 2 weeks) 55-60. That's the way the place I work for has always done things and the standard retort to any request to change things was 'I f you don't like it f*** off'. Not very professional. Anyway, a rival company less than a mile away advertised for train drivers so it looks like 15 of us in total are going, about 10% of the workforce, so the old adage 'you reap what you sew' comes back to bite my bosses on the bum.

As for illness.. still struggling. As I type this have an earache and headache, plus had kids all day and no more than 4 hours sleep every day this week. It's been a swine. Anyway, will try best to update tonight. Usual apologies, can't be helped sorry Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Tue May 13 2014, 19:18

Great news about the job! Ihope that works out for you.  Very Happy

Something to consider with Alex/Stormbreaker for when wou start up the next thread, he'll be jumping right back into trying to get into thea castle again. Along with trying to persuade everyone to come help him. Noest for the wicked and all that.

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 14 2014, 09:19

New issue tonight.

You know the score what's been going on with me for a while. Sorry for the absence, but got plenty going on to keep me busy unfortunately.

Had a break (enforced), time to get back into something I enjoy doing rather than doing others bidding!

Watch your inboxes Smile

Cheers, Paul (Posting around 21.00 when everyone else has gone to bed and the incessant nattering stops!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 19 2014, 12:43

Update tomorrow morning (just getting ready to go to work). Put my notice in at work today. Weird feeling. You always wonder if you are doing the right thing. Well, will find out in August...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 19 2014, 20:03

Admin wrote:Update tomorrow morning (just getting ready to go to work). Put my notice in at work today. Weird feeling. You always wonder if you are doing the right thing. Well, will find out in August...

Given the appalling way you've been treated mate, frankly its amazing they are still in business. I'm glad that you've got something better to move onto and hope it proves to be what you hoped for and more.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon May 19 2014, 20:04

I know you said it was less money but hopefully the hours are more sane and therefore the less money isn't that important to your needs.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 39 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 39  Next