The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

3 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  pabrandon Sun May 03 2020, 18:34

"You are likely right that they have deserted the farm. Don't worry. The cops won't find anything left by me except a bucket of eggs. Um, don't ask. I will go with Joe to Seattle. We can watch each other's backs. Plus, he and I can cover a lot of ground if he copies my speed. I am not having much luck with these dog tags. I will ask Dad to put his resource to use his resources and discover their origin. Hey, let's go see him together. Hold tight, Mento! "

Ryan takes hold of the chair handles and takes off running down the hall.

pabrandon
Class 1 Hero (Max Normal Human)

Back to top Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  Admin Tue May 05 2020, 21:13

Tim laughed all the way as they wheeled high speed down the corridor!

Other students yelled and leapt out of the way but were laughing as they did so. A knock on the door, a command to "ENTER."

Rachel was already stood, arms folded behind her back and feet apart 'at ease' in front of Fathers desk. The man himself glanced up from a screen and saw Tim and Ryan before glancing back at the screen.

"Suit up Ryan. Seattle is a fair distance away even for the flier and longer for you on foot. Besides, there wouldn't be enough fast food sellers on the way to keep you going." he said.

Tim stifled a chuckle but there was little humour in Fathers eyes. "Rachel and Joe will accompany you. Ian, Matthew and Samantha will investigate the farmhouse. Your orders are simple. Scout the place out. If it is being watched you need to find out. Once you are sure you are able to enter without being seen, do so and take detailed pictures of the place. I suspect I know what you'll find but be prepared for anything. Any clue, and sign of who or what we're dealing with is what you're looking for. Be careful. I'm placing Rachel in charge."

Ryan glanced at the older girl and saw her give her 'all business' stare back. Joe might rankle at that call but Father knew best. He assumed.

"You leave in ten minutes. Should be plenty of time for you to grab something to eat, something for the road and get back to suit up. Remember your powers, your training, and your limitations. No one is perfect. You are all in this together, it's a team effort. Back each other up, watch out for one another and if in doubt get everyone out of there. That's not a request." said the stern older man.

He turned to Rachel. "Rachel?"

She nodded and turned to Ryan "I've given it some thought. Joe will mimic your speed and the two of you will search the surrounding area before we go in. One will watch the outside of the building, another the inside and I'll go into the room. We'll stay in constant communication and the pair of you should be fast enough to get in there if anything's amiss. if I say we withdraw, we pull back. Yeah?" she asked.

Tim glanced at her, seeing a new side to her personality, then at Ryan, wondering if there would be any 'pushing back' of personality.

Father remained impassive, watching all three of them.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Wed May 06 2020, 04:41

As the youngest sibling, Ryan was used to taking orders. Besides, Rachel wasn't in charge of anything. That was how the old man operated. He made you think it was your call. But it never was.

"No worries, Rachel. With my speed, this will be a cakewalk. We will snap the pics and be out of there in a blur." Ryan started to head to the kitchen then hesitated. "Dad, what did you mean you said you suspect you know what we will find? And why aren't we including this guy? Ryan thumbed over to Tim. "He could monitor Joe and I telepathically and alert us to trouble."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 06 2020, 11:32

Father considered before answering. "Whoever is behind all of this will cover their tracks. I would expect you to find an empty office, devoid of furniture and probably a pile of junk mail on the floor. If I were to leave such a trial I would also expect the place to be under surveillance of some kind. Hence your masks and costumes."

"Tim will stay local, even though the farmhouse is some distance away. Unfortunately his physical restrictions mean we need to be ready in case of medical emergency. Sorry Tim, that's the way it is. For now." Tim looked up from the floor. "Watch this space." Father added.

The kitchen gave up of such delights as chicken wings, fries, a large bowl of last nights chilli and dips/nachos galore.

"Ugh! For breakfast?" asked one student. Kelly. She laughed and hugged her books as she left with several other girls.

Ryan packed extra food, then stuffed another backpack full as well. Replete for the moment he headed for his room.

=========

"Joe, Ryan, I'm in charge." stated Rachel as they gathered in the hanger below the mansion.

All three were suited up in their costumes* and stood in the shadow of the Valkyrie Jet that served as team transport. An experimental prototype no one knew how Father had gotten hold of it.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 UGI-Valkrie

A man named 'Mr Johnson' was performing checks around the craft and turned to see the trio gathered. He got back to pre flight checks and called out "Mount up when you're ready guys, I'm good." before he boarded to climb into the pilots seat.

The jet could be mounted with a number of missiles and machine guns but currently had no munitions. It was said to be fast and stealth capable as well as possessing VTOL capabilities.

Joe turned back to Rachel. "Yes we KNOW you're in charge. Doesn't mean you're the boss of me." he scowled. "We all know Ryan and I will do the heavy lifting, you're there to point at stuff and feel important." he laughed. She scowled. "Enough of that. get on board and we'll go over what we know."
They mounted up, strapped in the passenger compartment area and the VTOL craft took off once it had taxied down a tunnel stretching hundreds of yards where a pair of large doors slid aside to reveal the side of a hill. In minutes they were airborne.

"Right then." said Rachel. "Ryan, I want your full briefing on who you faced, what you found out, what we can expect and what you think we should do about it. Go."

Joe rolled his eyes and turned to look at Ryan. "I'm hating her being in charge already dude." he muttered.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Wed May 06 2020, 22:20

Ryan loved flying in the jet. It was even faster than him and was loaded with all kinds of cool features. Dad had the coolest stuff. Ryan had already been warned about mishandling the really expensive and dangerous tech. There was simply no way Dad was going to let Ryan operate the controls of something as delicate like this given his penchant for breaking stuff. till, it couldn't hurt to ask. "Saaaay, Mr. Johnson? When are you going to teach me how to fly this thing?"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 07 2020, 14:11

Mr Johnson glanced over "You know the cockpit is off limits kid." he said whilst checking instruments. "Sit over there and don't touch nuthin." he grinned.

Rachel popped her head in "Hey! I want a full briefing Ryan! And dad says no one is allowed in here! That means EVERYONE! Out!"

Joe called out from behind "Hey Rachel? Is that stick up your butt any use for cleaning up because I'm thinking of attaching a brush head to it."

Johnson rolled his eyes as the pair started to argue and he pressed a button to HISS the cockpit closed.

=========

"Ok we're running silent and in full stealth mode." said Johnson over the tannoy in the passenger compartment. They'd been in the air a couple of hours and slowed some time ago.

Now they were approaching Seattle and 'stealth' mode meant panels on the outside that changed to match the background of the sky. It didn't work so well low down but so long as only one side was seen from the ground it worked very well.

Rachel, fuming, turned to the two males. "Right. Enough of your crap guys! Any messing around and you can wait at the jet! Got it? GOT IT?"

Joe shrugged and nodded.

"Ryan you'll have to carry me. Watch your hands buster! Joe mimic his speed and use your Phone GPS to the direction we set. Got it?"

They touched down in a field with the VTOL craft running on silent electric motors but the wind roar was still audible. Bailing out they watched the jet rise, turn and vanish into the night sky.

Moments later Rachel and Ryan stood on a rooftop watching the target building. It was an office block and the office in question was on the eight floor, four from the top. The place was locked up for the night.

"Hmmm. Anyone any good at lockpicking?"

OOC Joe's attempt to mimic the superspeed 9 of KK...

Mimic 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (32) vs
OV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,12,+0 Total:21 (30)

+2 EV (to 14) vs RV9=5 RAPs.

Superspeed is mimicked at Dex 6 (link) + RAPs up to the original powers AP level=9 APs for 12APs of time.

Huh. Query... would he also take on the weakness or not? I'd have thought not but... Question

"ManIcouldgetusedtothisallthetime!" laughed Joe quietly as he sped about.

"Hush! keep it down! We're on mission!" said Rachel. "It's time to earn our keep. We need to get in there, look about, and leave no trace. ideas?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun May 10 2020, 02:30

.o 0 (Ideas? She's the leader!) But this was no time to be petty. "Joe and I will try to gain access via the roof and work our way down. Use your darkness power to cover the Valkyrie then Johnson can drop us off in VTOL mode."

OOC I don't think he would have the drawback.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 12 2020, 06:21

Rachel then turns to Joe. "And what do you think?"

Joe glanced at Ryan and was about to come out with a sarcastic quip when he saw the serious look on Rachel's face. She was moody at the best of times and seemed deadly serious now. With a sigh he said "Ryan's plan is sound. I would say maybe keep one person at ground level in case anyone tries to make an exit and you and Ryan go in there. Maybe watch at elevated level for anyone coming and just send one person in there. I dunno, you're supposed to be in charge!" he couldn't help himself.

Rachel glowers then says quietly "Father told me an effective leader listens to all of the options, considers them and uses the best one or a combination of all the options. For me to simply give orders and have you race off to complete them might send you into needless danger. The Valkyrie is in stealth mode so my darkness would make it ... stand out more against the night sky as it stands but it's a good idea to keep it concealed. Joe's idea to keep someone at ground level is good too. I'll go in there with Ryan via the roof. Joe stay in touch. We'll drop off at a nearby roof and get the Valkyrie out of there until we need to go."

Joe shrugged.

"Alright?" she asked of Ryan but didn't wait for an answer and went up front to let Johnson know, who simply shrugged and chose a suitable location for the trio to depart.

She transformed into her Shadow Form and Ryan noticed Joe shudder slightly.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Shadowhawk

Even her voice sounded different, like the kid stuck in the Tv in Poltergeist

"Let's go." Rachel muttered and as a shadow she flew from the jet's hatch towards the roof of an adjacent building to their target. Joe rappelled down a line and Ryan followed, both at superspeed and were on the roof before Rachel got there, hovering in that weird, see her from the side but invisible from the front and back, top and bottom way. She was somewhat of a loner and Ryan wondered if Ian and Matt who both chased for Rachel's affections would ever get anywhere.

Turning to Joe she said quietly "Get down to ground level. If there are any vans or cars parked up with people in them watching stay out of sight and keep an eye on them. keep in touch with the comm system. Go."

Joe shrugged and vanished in a whizz of wind and dust!

Turning to Ryan she spoke up "No messing about. I know you want to fool around all the time but we don't know what's in there." She took off and Ryan met her on the rooftop. Whilst Rachel could fly pretty fast in her shadow form she wasn't a patch on the speedster. On the rooftop the pair walked over to an access door. Locked.

"I guess we can add breaking and entering to whatever is going to happen. Do you want to have a go at picking that?" she asked of Ryan. There was a WOOSH of air as the Valkyrie flew over and past and quickly gained height. Close up the stealth didn't work great - you could tell there was something there because the background was too complex and confused the computers but at a distance with only sky behind it was practically invisible!

"Hey you two." crackled Joe over the comms. "Street seems empty. Well, there are parked cars but no one in them. You can go check the place out if you want."

"You heard him. Let's get in there." said Rachel.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu May 14 2020, 03:25

OOC: KK does not have the Thief skill or carry any lock picks. He is strong with a 5 STR though.

"I could try to force it but someone might hear. Maybe you should go 2D and slip through an opening then open the door from the other side?"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 14 2020, 17:42

"That's a good idea." said Rachel and she slid under the door like a sheet of paper.

A moment later there was a CLUNK as she turned the lock on the other side.

"All the training we've done, and sometimes I forget there are some simple things that serve as an answer. "There are probably alarms on the place so we don't have long. Let's get to the right floor..."

Down stairs through a fire escape and into an empty corridor. "Errrr... this way?" Ryan sped off and returned. "Nope. That way." he pointed and the pair set off at a more sedate pace through quiet half illuminated corridors.

The office door showed a number that corresponded to the address they had. It had a sign in the window of the locked office saying "HOLMES ENTERPRISES".

"Hold on." said Rachel as she slipped under the door again.

Ryan glanced about down the empty corridor. There were alarm sensors lit up red whenever movement registered. If a security guard was in the office downstairs they would know someone was here. A glance behind showed the elevator was going down.. uh oh.

He looked back. The door wasn't open yet. What was...?

CRASH! THOOOM!

Something just went Boom in there like a gun or ... or something!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu May 14 2020, 18:26

"There is no point in being sneaky now." Kid Kinetic ran and grabbed a fire extinguisher and heaves it through the office window.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 14 2020, 21:33

CRISH!!! The window goes through and the glass showers the entrance hall to the office...

Kid Kinetic moves through the office checking side doors ... every room was empty. Coming into the main room he saw Rachel/Shadowhawk lying on the floor in a heap! She was three dimensional and dressed in her costume/mask but seemed stunned or unconscious...

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 Cuttrhoat-char-pic-final

"Another one? I was told ta check the place out, that they expected no one to be here except a bunch of bills." said a slightly accented voice. Was it European?

"She with you? If so, I suppose I better zap you too and throw you out the window..." said the man in red and black. "Anything to say before I kick your ass, Kid?" laughed the man, but he was in a fighting stance and ready to strike!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu May 14 2020, 23:56

"For starters, how did you know my name was 'Kid'?" He may have caught Shadowhawk by surprise but not him!

Kid Kinetic turns on his commlink and springs forward intending to deliver a punch.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 15 2020, 10:55

OOC Initiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:
2 KK,1 Cut

Kid Kinetic Ini 32 (34)
Cutthroat Ini 25 (26)

The youngster wins initiative!

Here's a map which sort of shows how pokey and small a place we are talking about. Tiny side box rooms and the 'main' office isn't much bigger than that required to swing a cat in. On the floor there's a bunch of unopened mail and otherwise the place is empty. One window is open and that's probably where the guy got in/out.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 3 KK-battle-map-1

Using his fantastic speed Kid Kinetic attacks the fellow who'd put down his team mate!

You have 2 dice to play with to add to attack or defence in any combination that you want. 2 for attack, 2 for defence or 1 each. Also any crit blow/dev attack or combat maneuvers you want to attempt? Is there a default setting you want to apply, say 1 for attack, 1 for defence so you can just say "I'll take a swing/kick" and I can resolve that?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri May 15 2020, 14:56

OOC: That 1/1 default setting sounds good. Kid Kinetic is going to throw a normal punch.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 15 2020, 15:55

Speeding up to the red/grey clad aggressor Kid Kinetic delivers a super speed series of punches!!

OOC

I assume Superspeed is being used for EV9.

Dex 9 + 1D + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,6,11,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
Ov10 + 2D + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,4,2,4,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total:23 (33) Attack Missed!

With reflexes at least the equal of his own Kid Kinetic is amazed to see the man moved his head aside time and again as the youngster sweeps, uppercuts, kicks out and straight punches... to no avail!

"You are quick." admitted the man. "Your reflexes near on match my own." he added begrudgingly. "this planet does indeed have a bewildering variety of life forms..."

He replied with a dizzying array of punches and kicks himself!

OOC He is pulling his punch...

AV10 + 2D + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,2,12,6,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
OV9 + 1D + Roll(3d12)+0: 7,5,11,+0 Total:18 (27)

+1 EV (to 10) vs 7 +2 (pull Punch) (9)=1 RAP

Kid Kinetic is on 6/7 Body

"Hmm, it seems I am ... mistaken about certain things. The girl was intriguing and dangerous. It was a simple matter to disrupt her neural synapses. To defeat you I will remain in physical combat!" he said something which didn't sound like an earth language!

OOC Initiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:

KK 32 (41)
Bad Guy 25 (37)

Kid Kinetic is up. This guy is (amazingly) faster than Kid Kinetic with regards his reflexes but there's nothing in it.

Meanwhile...

=========

"Skrrrzzz...match my own." crackled the comm link in Mimic Lads ear. He frowned, adjusted it and put it back in his ear.

"Forgot to charge it dammit." he admitted. He adjusted it again and moved the microphone on his lapel. He was about to speak when he heard "To defeat you I will remain in physical combat!"

"Huh." muttered Joe. He sped off, climbing fire escapes, climbing walls and speeding towards the top of a building where he would be roughly equal to the 8th floor of the building the others were in.

"I love superspeed!" he muttered. "But..." he peered at the edge of the roof and looked down eight storeys.

"Rachel can fly. Maybe... hmmm..."

OOC Multi Attack on 2 Mimic 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:21 (33) vs
OV9 + 2 Multi + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:27 (38) Mimic failed!

"huh. Maybe not." he grumbled. "wonder if there is anyone else about with powers I can copy?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri May 15 2020, 17:59

"I'm just worried that one day you'll charge into something you can't outrun and we'll lose you."

Tim's warning earlier resonated in Ryan's mind. It appeared Mento may be right. Even so, he was still going to try and punch the bad guy in the mouth.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" Kid Kinetic demanded. Kid Kinetic threw another punch before Cutthroat could answer. OOC he will use his SS as the EV.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 16 2020, 08:57

Kid Kinetic asked his question... then tried to stop the bad guy from answering!

OOC Dex 9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 2,11,8,+0 Total:19 (28) vs
OV10 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,8,5,3,+0 Total:14 (24) Hit +3EV (12) vs RV9=3 Damage.
Cutthroat is on Body 6/9

This time Kid Kinetic shuts the bad guy up and lands blow after satisfying blow, pounding on him and leaving the bad guy up against a wall (OOC Knockback 3 -2Ap weight=1AP not enough to trouble walls)

"Nice kid. You have the moves." said the man in red/black (or dark grey). It didn't quite sound right to Kid Kinetic's ears and the guy sounded stunted, foreign and scrabbling for the right words or... something else.

He replied with a series of kicks and punches to Kid Kinetic!

OOC Dex 10 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,10,7,5,+0 Total:17 (27) vs
OV9 + 1D Acr + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,1,11,+0 Total:15 (24)

+2 EV (to 11) vs RV7=4 Damage. KID KINETIC IS ON BODY 2/7

"How you feeling now?" asked the man. "Still chatty?" he said after having outpunched the youngster. Nonetheless Kid Kinetic knew he was facing a faster, stronger, tougher opponent and even then, despite that, knew there was still a chance he could drop the guy!

He figured the other guy knew it too.

"Time to end this." said the fellow, wiping blood away which leaked through his full face mask.

OOC initiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:
1 KK,1 Bad Guy

KK effectively has +7 on the bad guy so unless there is an 8 point swing in initiative rolls he will act first.

You're up!

Meanwhile...

Joe tries to mimic the power he senses...

"Someone round here can fly..." he mutters. "And is strong! But the flight will do for now."

OOC Mimicking a local (well, lives in the city and is within range) superheroes' flight power of 7APs

Mimic 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (32) vs
OV7 + Range Modifier not applicable (it's not an attack) + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:15 (22)

+4 (to 16) vs RV7=9RAPs. Mimic Lad copies flight to Dex 6 and adds 1 from RAPs. He can fly!

"WOOOOOT!" he says as he lifts off, flailing his arms around until he gets the hang of it then swooping about to see the ajar window on the eighth floor. Even in the darkened office by the light of the streetlamps he can see two figures dancing about!

OOC Mimic Lad has 9 Superspeed and 7 Flight

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun May 17 2020, 02:55

"Buddy, it takes a lot more than you to shut me up."

Mimic Lad was on his way. Ryan just needed to hold on a bit longer. Then it would be two on one.

Kid Kinetic spun around for a kick. OOC he will save his SS for OV instead of EV.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 17 2020, 09:13

OOC Kid Kinetics OV is already his Dex 9 so will get no benefit... You can devote both Skill Dice to Defence instead of splitting 1 for attack 1 for defence, which I will assume you do.

If you want to forsake your attack completely you can choose to dodge. That was always useless in the base game as you lost your dice action hence Acrobatics giving skill dice now and being far more useful. The Dodge maneuver was pretty much nerfed in my house rules as a result and I forgot about it. How about something thinking up on the spot...

DODGE
In the Vanguard House rules a dodge means the Character cannot attack that round as they devote their full efforts to avoiding being struck. However they gain +2 APs Opposing Value and +1 Defensive Die to roll for their Opposing Value Total regardless of however many dice they would ordinarily roll from Skill and Hero Point dice. This free die is added after Skill Dice are applied and Hero Point dice are paid for.

if that works for you I'll give it a try out and add it to the house rules of the game.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun May 17 2020, 16:54

OOC: Sorry, it has been a long time since I played. KK will try the Dodge maneuver. Thanks!

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 18 2020, 13:57

"Thinking you need to go on the defensive Kid?" said the stranger. "Smart. But I'm better than you."

OOC M Arts 4D to attack

Dex 10 + 4D M Arts + Roll(6d12)+0: 9,3,2,11,11,9,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:6 (28) vs
Kid Kinetic OV9 + 2D Acro + 1D dodge + 2 OV Dodge+ Roll(5d12)+0: 12,12,11,3,7,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,2,+0 Total:31 (42) Attack Missed

With incredible speed and reflexes Kid Kinetic avoids blow after blow!

Finally the attacker steps back, frustrated. "Enough! I tried to fight you in the old ways but you are... impressive, boy."

"I shall deal with you in the same way I dealt with the girl, though it be unsatisfactory. I must not be hampered!"

Just then there is a huge CRISH! as the windows burst in from the street and Mimic Lad tumbles in, landing in a bit of a heap! He rises to his feet. "Any landing you can walk away from..." he says "Even if, uh, it took a few looks to find the right floor. Hey Ry.. Kid Kinetic! I can fly and... Rachel! What have you done creep?" he snarled.

OOC initiative Roll(3d12)+0:

KK 32 (42)
Bad Guy 25 (28)
Mimic Lad 29 (30)

The two team mates go first. What is the official team name by the way?

Bad guy is using Acrobatics for defence then mind zapping the pair of you if he gets chance

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Mon May 18 2020, 17:16

Ryan did not like the look of the energy building atop Cutthroats head. Luckily, "The New Knights" were ready to stop him. (He hoped!)

"Quick, Mimic Lad! Maneuver 12!"

OOC: Kid Kinetic and Mimic Lad will execute a Team Attack.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 18 2020, 23:52

"12?" said Joe. "I uh... ok!" he said.

OOC Kid Kinetic Dex 9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 3,8,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:19 (28) vs
OV10 + 4D Acro + team attack -2 + Roll(6d12)+0: 11,1,10,10,10,8,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,12,+0 Total:49 (57) Attack MISSED

Mimic lad Dex 9 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 6,12,11,8,+0 Total:23 (32) vs
OV10 - 2 Team Attack + 4D Acro + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,12,7,4,9,1,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:45 (53) Attack Missed

The man moved like lightning! Ducking weaving, dodging and rolling with a skill that was dazzling had the youngsters hitting air!

He wasn't confident any more though. He seemed to realise the battle had swung and unless his attack got results he'd have to rethink his options...

OOC Mind Blast 8 Multi Attack on two no range mod (in hth range)

Mind Blast 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:16 (24) vs
Highest OV6 + Multi 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,12,+0 Total:17 (25) Attack Missed

Both youngsters steeled themselves against the attack and felt 'something' but couldn't quite tell what it was. The attacker could though and he growled. "Enough of this!"

Mimic Lad turned to Kid Kinetic and said "Do you think you can keep him busy while I mimic that power of his?"

OOC Initiative Roll(3d12)+0:

KK 32 (33)
Bad Guy 25 (28)
Mimic Lad 29 (35)

Mimic Lad wants to use Mimic to copy that Mind Blast but will only do so if KK agrees to be the brunt of the attack. If Kid Kinetic wants to press on with a team attack again Mimic Lad will do as he requests.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Tue May 19 2020, 03:31

"One distraction, coming up."
Kid Kinetic will attempt to deliver a roundhouse kick.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next