The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

3 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 5 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  pabrandon Mon Jun 01 2020, 21:46

Kid Kinetic coughs and wheezes. "Arrgh! They rigged the door. And like a dummy, I fell for it!" He was glad Rachel was not there to criticize him.

Kid Kinetic sped away from the billowing cloud with Cutthroat in a fireman's carry.

pabrandon
Class 1 Hero (Max Normal Human)

Back to top Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 5 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02 2020, 23:50

Scooping Cutthroat up Kid Kinetic sprints away to a safe distance where he can set the man down and they can watch the green gas billowing from the container.

"Cough... cough... great plan Kid." muttered Cutthroat through his mask. "Someone used one of my own grenades to trap the doorway, obviously. When I find out who it was..." he growled.

It takes a minute or so for the green smoke to completely dissipate. It was far more acute, stronger, more effective than that which Kid Kinetic had experienced at the hold up earlier.

With the doorway open now the pair could look inside and saw a bunch of empty and discarded cardboard boxes.

Cutthroat muttered a curse in a language KK had never heard before but stepped inside and looked up and backwards towards the front, reaching up...

"... spare... tracker. Thought I'd hide this in case of... well, in case of things like this happening. Someone knew enough about me to know where my stuff was stashed and set up a suppression grenade to go off when the proximity sensor was tripped. You might be able to figure it out... or not. There are no instructions, and if there were, they aren't in English or any other Earth language." he reached further... "Come on, I left a spare in here for... ahhh..."

He came out with a small black plastic looking handheld device with what appeared to be a touch screen. He activated it and a 3D hologram shimmered into life, forming up and writing steadily with a 3D picture of the immediate surroundings that expanded to cover a wider area. The image would then shrink up and it formed building outlines, streets, taller buildings, neighbourhoods and eventually would map the town out. He flicked the power off.

"Only found two of these. Mine died as the power requirements aren't compatible with your electricity. Never got round to figure out another way to power it but maybe someone else has." said Cutthroat.

He sighed and turned to KK. "Ok, here's my deal. We work together to track my stuff down and beat the stuffing out of who took it. We cover each others backs. When it's done, we go our separate ways and that's it."

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Wed Jun 03 2020, 17:47

"Sorry. I wanted to surprise them before they could get away. Never been much of a planner.

Who on this planet would have known about this storehouse in the first place?

Yeah, that deal sounds okay to me. But no killing or endangering innocents."

OOC Does the black plastic tracker appear constructed of the same material as the black box found in the office building?

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 04 2020, 15:35

OOC The tracker device seems made of something not found on Earth, as if it had been perfectly formed and sculpted from black stone. The camera in the office was earth derived.

"Well before you rush in next time, ask me 'Partner'." moaned Cutthroat.

He peeled up his mask half way to reveal blue skin and dark blue lips, hawking and spitting a mouthful of green phlegm. He glanced at Kid Kinetic and his skin colour changed, chameleon like, to resemble a humans.

"Best you don't know too much about me kid." he explained. "I come from a place far away from here and there are some ... unsavoury types... looking for me. This stash of gear came from the ship that brought me here which crashed high in the rocky mountains miles from anywhere. By the time I'd recovered from my injuries most of the usable stuff was gone but I grabbed what I could and stashed it away then went back for more. Other... passengers... on the craft may have decided they want more of my stuff. Or it might be some enterprising person who sees a way to turn technology from another world into dollar signs. I'm guessing maybe a combination of the two."

He looked to the skies as if expecting another 'space craft' to come down. "Lived her for a year or two now and quite like the place. Certainly like the freedom and I'll lose that if I'm not careful."

He sighed. "Already said too much. Now shut up and let me get this thing working right."

He tapped the screen and it pulsed a set of 3D holographic controls into the air above it. The symbols were unlike anything KK had seen before. "Hmm." he said as more symbols appeared and he selected some of them. "The people who invented this stuff put a marker, a way to trace it, in EVERYTHING they made. That's weapons, gadgets, gas grenades, gizmo detectors..." he said referring to the tablet projector device "And the spacecraft that crashed in the mountains. To be on the safe side I set it to detonate but it's still showing as out there so someone stopped that. And that means..."

He looked to the sky again. "Someone will be coming." he sighed.

He glanced to Kid Kinetic. "You want to help me, and stop the guys making these weapons from the alien tech? Really?" he asked as if he was saying 'you may not like what you have to do in order to make sure this stuff doesn't cause any more harm'.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 5 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 5 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri Jun 05 2020, 02:05

"Why wouldn't I help you? I'm one of the good guys." The thought of a spaceship in enemy hands made Ryan nervous. What if they had a tracker too?
Kid Kinetic held up the image of the black box from his camera. "Uh, does this mean anything to you?"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 05 2020, 10:06

Cutthroat looked at the image of the phone. "No. That looks to be some kind of primitive Earth recording device. I think that whoever is behind... this..." he said with a hand wave to the empty container "Set that up to get a look at whoever is on their trail."

"It will have transmitted signals over what you call the internet and even now they will have been alerted that someone is after them. More, it will have revealed *I* am on their trail."

He cursed in an alien tongue, thumping fist in hand. "We need to..."

Suddenly the device he held in his hand started to PING! and the holographic image seemed to shrink showing a dot where the hero and his unlikely ally were and something else with a green dot across the other side of town! Cutthroat zoomed in and the dot appeared to be blinking in a warehouse area though the exact location was blurred and the 3D image flickered.

"Yes! We got a ping. The range on this stuff is very good but it searches in all directions at once and that takes a progressively longer time." explained Cutthroat. "It also can't tell - until we get closer - whether there are a lot of alien tech items there or not, only that is where they..."

PING!

"Oh." said Cutthroat as the display zoomed out and became an overhead map of the area. Several miles apart from the first ping was a second one. He selected that and it zoomed in to what was the main street in the city area where the banks and high class shops were. Two pings. Cutthroat held up a finger. "Remember what happened last time Kid! If you charge in this may get messy!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sat Jun 06 2020, 03:24

"Ok, you can lead the way."

OOC KK will slow down to 7aps to match Cutthroats flight speed.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 07 2020, 07:58

Cutthroat considers. "The city centre ping is closest. We'll check that out."

He set off at a run and Kid Kinetic slowed to match his pace which was around 75mph (6APs) hitting 100mph on clear straight stretches of road. They zipped around moving traffic which honked and swerved sometimes and Cutthroat took to flat rooftops with a mighty leap when possible prompting Kid Kinetic to speed up in order to stay with him.

The pair moved across the city with Cutthroat pausing to allow the device to redraw and build up the 3D picture of the nearest ping.

Finally they moved to a rooftops edge and heard the ringing of an alarm bell as they moved closer. Somewhere a distant cop siren wailed.

Getting to another rooftop edge they looked down on the street...

Green smoke filled the air over a big chunk of the street and Kid Kinetic could make out slumped people, cars that had veered to crash into other parked vehicles and pretty much a carbon copy of the incident that had sparked Kid Kinetic's involvement. A jewellery store was being robbed and the supposedly bulletproof glass was shattered, the store front emptied of valuables and the robbers were inside he presumed.

Someone was stood in the doorway but from this angle it was not possible to see who.

"Damn. That gas. I'm still woozy from the last dose but you seem ... resistant to it." said Cutthroat. "Tell me you are coming up with a plan this time before charging in. My plan is to let them rob the store and make their getaway then follow them. I don't care if they get away with the jewels or whatever they are."

The issue with that plan is that the cops would turn up and things would get messy/dangerous!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun Jun 07 2020, 15:55

"That plan stinks! Let's get you a gas mask."

Kid Kinetic darted through the broken window and attempted to push the bad guy out of the open doorway and into the street.

OOC: KK will try a knockback attack

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 11 2020, 11:37

Kid Kinetic raced down to the jewellery store and was exposed to the gas once more...

This time it was the 'diluted' version he'd encountered earlier at the start of this investigation rather than the much stronger stuff that had booby trapped the lock up.

OOC Knockout Gas 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,4,+0 Total:6 (14) vs
Str 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:17 (22) ATTACK FAILED

Kid Kinetic ignores the gas and speeds behind the fellow in the doorway then spins and gives him a good hard shove!

OOC Dex 9 + Martial Arts 1D + Roll(3d12)+0: 1,10,3,+0 Total:13 (22) vs
Dex 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,2,+0 Total:14 (19)

+2 (to 7 Str) vs RV5=2 RAPs. Normally 2RAPs less body weight (2APs) would be no knockback but 0 APs (10 feet) is just enough to shove the guy out into the street!

The man is wearing body armour and a gas mask and one of those guns that blasts Vibratory attacks!

Cutthroat takes the cue and drops down from the roof to deliver a jarring blow to the fellow!

OOC Dex 10 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,3,10,11,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 9,6,+0 Total:21 (31) vs
OV5 + 1D Acrobatics + Roll(3d12)+0: 11,1,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,7,+0 Total:31 (36) Attack MISSED!

Cutthroast curses as the man ducks then blasts him with the Vibe gun!

OOC Vibe 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,9,+0 Total:11 (21) vs
OV10 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,2,7,6,+0 Total:19 (29) Attack Missed!

The mans curses as Cutthroat dodges and yells out "We got company here!"

OOC Initiative Roll(2d12)+0:
9 KK,5 CThro

Kid Kinetic goes first then Cutthroat.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri Jun 12 2020, 14:44

"Why don't you take a breather while we play with your friends?"

OOC: KK will try a take away on the goon's gas mask.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 14 2020, 09:58

OOC take away attack grants +4OV and +2RV (APs not columns, which we don't use any more). It's Dex/Str vs Dex/Str.

Dex 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,4,+0 Total:9 (18) vs
OV5 + Mod 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,4,+0 Total:13 (22) Attack Failed!

Kid Kinetic struggles but fails to grab and rip the mask off the guys face!

He turns to hear Cutthroat jump down to street level and move closer to a range of 20'. Then he unleashes that effective Mind Blast of his on the gas mask wearing goon!

OOC Mind Blast 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,2,+0 Total:14 (22) vs
OV3 + Range 1 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,5,+0 Total:14 (18) Hit +3EV (to 11)

11EV - 3RV=8 RAPs. The gas mask guy is DOWN!

"That should be easier" said Cutthroat with a glance at the green smoke drifting off the street and a nervous step back to keep away from it.

Kid Kinetic scoops off the mask and sees a nondescript man in his late thirties underneath. He seemed to be trained or enhanced in some way though and there was no immediate obvious reason why.

Moving over to Cutthroat he hands the mask over and the man peels up his mask to cover the lower half of his face with the gas mask.

"Someone has been busy. I know how fast you are kid and these guys are quicker than they should be. Vibe guns, Knockout gas, enhanced goons there needs to be an end to this!" he declares through the mask. "EVERY time the technology is used or duplicated it enhances the signal for someone to find it!" he gives a nervous glance to the sky.

The pair looked to the jewellery store and had the choice to get in there or wait for the other guys of this fellows gang to come out.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun Jun 14 2020, 23:14

Kid Kinetic preferred to take the fight inside where the goons would have to watch their fire. One stray shot could take out another gang member or worse, bring the whole building down on top of them.

"Let's go, Cutthroat. And leave the cannon."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 15 2020, 19:34

Cutthroat glanced at the gun. "From what I know they are keyed specifically to what you term as DNA. Anyone else attempting to use the gun - indeed without deactivating the weapon via a simple six digit code - will risk it exploding in their hands!"

"Prevented us... that is, anyone else taking them and using them against the owners." he muttered.

The pair moved to the doorway and looked in. Though Kid Kinetic was reasonably confident that he would not be affected by the gas that didn't help him see through the thick cloying green gas!

"Hold on." said Cutthroat. "I'm...ah ha! Someone added a means of detecting heat sources and a way to see through this smoke! Beware, Kid! There are counters and displays all over this place! If you charge about like you normally do, you'll run into something for sure!"

The shapes through the smoke were indistinct and Kid Kinetic did indeed find it difficult to see clearly. he held a sleeved arm over his face to prevent the gas from being sucked up TOO deep into his lungs.

"They are in the back of the building, probably attempting to get into some kind of vault. Want to rush in again or shall I lead the way?" he asked.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Tue Jun 16 2020, 03:30

"You'd better go first. Zap them with that mind blast and I will mop up."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 17 2020, 08:43

"Right." said Cutthroat and he moved through the green smog to enter the back room of the store...

"What the... YOU!" shouted Cutthroat as Kid Kinetic started to enter...

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 5 Alien-guy

He saw a large (7' plus tall) creature directing men in gas masks/body armour to various trays of gemstones and expensive jewellery and it had turned to face Cutthroat who apparently knew it and wasn't pleased to see it!

"Well well, look who it is" gurgled the creature with a deep growl voice. "I told you I'd smash your head in when I saw you again and you're gonna get it punk! Your feeble brain tickle won't work on me!"

"Need a brain to target first UrGhok! How did you survive the crash?" muttered Cutthroat.

"I'm stronger, tougher, smarter than you Korellik! Your puny race was food to mine for eons before you climbed out of the muck and learned how to think!" he gurgled. "When the Psion Police get here I'm gonna be ready for em!" he laughed.

"You? You'll be dead!"

OOC Kid Kinetic isn't as surprised as Cutthroat and so can act this round. Then its initiative. There are six men in body armour/gas masks plus this big blue goon.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Wed Jun 17 2020, 18:35

"I will take the big blue guy while you put the whammy on the rest!"

OOC Kid Kinetic will attempt to deliver a Critical Blow.

KK hoped this bruiser was as slow as he was tough.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 18 2020, 11:32

OOC Assuming you split dice 1 attack/1 defence...

Speeding up Kid Kinetic delivers a crit blow!

AV9 + 1D m Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,10,1,+0 Total:14 (23) vs
OV5 + Crit Blow 4 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,2,7,+0 Total:17 (26) Attack Missed

The big creature moved faster than Kid Kinetic expected!

The youngster also noted the floor cracked wherever this guy stood - the entire tiled floor was shattered in this place and might prove somewhat unsteady to stand on!

He noted scales on the creatures skin, and what looked to be gills tucked away. It didn't seem bother in the slightest by the Knockout Gas...

"Keep getting the fancy stuff. High value, not the junk!" growled the giant.

"What about the gold?" asked one of the men in the body armour.

"That's for you! I need gems! Lots of them! Big ones!" snarled UrGhok. The giant turned to Cutthroat "Hey, you gotta codename? So do I! I'm DEPTHCHARGE! " he laughed.

"You're an idiot." snarled Cutthroat. "Watch it kid! He's faster than he looks and can fight... as well as blast sonics!" he said through the muffling gas mask.

"Don't spoil all the surprises Korellik! You should be doing the same as me! When the PSION POLICE get here they will drag your sorry ass back to jail!" laughed the giant.

OOC Initiative...

Roll(3d12)+0:
3KK (32+3=35),3 Cut (25+3=28),1 (17+1=18)Depth

KK, Cutthroat and then Depthcharge. His minions are gathering high value gems and jewellery as well as watches, necklaces etc.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri Jun 19 2020, 21:41

"Right. I will keep it simple."

"...and call in the rest of the team," Ryan thought. Ryan activated his com link before throwing a punch at Depthcharge.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 20 2020, 21:46

Rachel replied "We were wondering what was happening! We tracked you across time, we'll be there in a few moments!"

Kid Kinetic hoped he'd have that long!

OOC AV9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,11,9,+0 Total:20 (29) vs
OV5 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 2,5,7,+0 Total:12 (17) +5 EV (to 14) vs RV14=No Damage

"Nice punch Kid." said Depthcharge unaware that Kid Kinetic had landed dozens of punches int he blink of an eye. "You're fast, but not... too... bright!"

Cutthroat shouted "Hope your friends are on their way Kid!" before launching into an attack of his own against DepthCharge!

OOC CRIT BLOW AV10 + 2D M Arts (2D Acro) + Roll(4d12)+0: 10,3,6,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,8,+0 Total:20 (30) vs
OV5 + Crit Blow 4 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,1,9,+0 Total:17 (26) +3 (to 12) vs RV14 -6 (8)=4 RAPs damage! Depthcharge is on 4/8 Body!

"Ooof! Damn I forgot how strong you are Cutthroat! No matter, I'll sort you AND the boy out!" snarled Depthcharge.. "You got backup? So have I! Get em boys!"

The half a dozen goons looked up, set sacks aside and activated something on their gauntlets before moving in on Kid Kinetic and Cutthroat!

DepthCharge opened his mouth and ROARED at Cutthroat!

OOC Sonic Beam 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total:18 (28) vs
OV10 + 2D Acro + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,9,9,10,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:26 (36) Attack Missed

A sonic beam blasted out and smashed into and through the wall into the previous (showroom) area.

"I forgot how fast you are too... I underestimated you Korellik. I'll make a deal with you. Beat the boy into the floor and I'll include you in my plan! You know the PSIONS will gather us up if we're not prepared!"

OOC initiative...

Roll(3d12)+0:

2KK (32+2=34),1 Cut (25+1=26),11 (17+11=28)Depth

KK then Depthcharge then Cutthroat then three goons on each of KK and Cutthroat

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun Jun 21 2020, 22:50

Kid Kinetic greets his three attackers with a flurry of blows!

OOC: KK will press the attack and multi attack all three.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 22 2020, 21:40

OOC Press the attack, not used that one a while. Decades actually!

Multi Attack on 3 (+4 OV/RV) and Press Attack (-2OV to attack and defence) AV 9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,7,11,+0 Total:18 (27) vs
OV5 + Multi Attack 4 - Press attack 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,11,+0 Total:15 (22) +3 EV (to 12) vs RV5 + 4 Multi (9)= 3 RAPs Three goons are DOWN and OUT! (Body 3, RV5 vs Physical attacks thanks to armour)

Kid Kinetic makes short work of the armoured goons!

Despite the enhanced nature of their abilities thanks to the armour they were no match for the super fast youngster who pummelled them mercilessly and dropped them in short order!

DepthCharge snarls "I shall deal with you soon youngster!" then blasts his Sonic Beam at Cutthroat again!

OOC Sonic Beam 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,11,+0 Total:21 (31) vs
Ov10 + 2D Acro (2D M Arts) + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,3,5,8,+0 Total:13 (23) Hit +4 Ev (to 14) vs RV 9=5 RAPs damage. Cutthroat is already injured and on 4/9 Body so is now DOWN and OUT!

Kid Kinetic sees his unlikely ally flung against a wall with the white sound beam that emits from DepthCharges' mouth! All of a sudden he is facing off against the mighty alien bad guy AND three of his armed goons!

DepthCharge turns to his men. "Gather them." he says of the downed crooks "And keep stuffing the bags full of swag. I'LL take care of the boy!" he laughs.

One of the goons turned to another in a gas mask and mutters "Swag?"

OOC KK first - Depthcharge can't beat him for initiative. This could go very badly in a very short time and his friends haven't turned up yet!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Tue Jun 23 2020, 19:26

"Hey! Put down those bags unless you show me a receipt!"
OOC KK will again try to deliver a critical blow.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 23 2020, 21:45

Kid Kinetic tries to deliver multiple super fast blows to the bigger opponent!

OOC AV9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,4,12,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,10,+0 Total:26 (35) vs
OV5 + Crit Blow 4 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
1,11,+0 Total:28 (37) Attack Missed (just!)

The bigger man ducks underneath and aside from the youngsters blows.

"You are fast boy... but can you outrun ... THIS!" he roars with a sonic blast!

OOC Sonic Beam 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 SONIC BEAM BURNED OUT!

"Croak! Gargle... cough." he splutters, clutching his throat.

Just then KK hears a voice shout behind. "Kid Kinetic? You in there? Need a hand?" Mimic Lad! And probably Shadowhawk with him!

OOC KK goes first again but Mimic lad might not be far behind.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu Jun 25 2020, 02:11

"Hit him high and I'll hit him low, Mimic Lad!"

OOC: KK would like to do a team attack with Mimic Lad.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next