The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

3 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Empty The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

Post  Admin Fri Feb 26 2021, 12:34

OOC You have the HP to spend but in the interests of keeping things flowing...

BATTLEBUG HP 57
MELODY HP 115
FROSTBITE HP 214

Breathing in, the air never tasted sweeter.

Joseph Rigdon reflected on his life as he looked over the rolling hills, fields and woodlands of the estate that St John Hall, home of the Vanguard and of Frostbite himself. He counted himself lucky that he didn't live in that other England, red dust smothering the cities and people eking out a living from the ruins. He'd barely escaped with his life and gotten back just a couple of days ago.

Things had moved apace then. Justin St John - the man he'd confronted only days ago in that other place as Ghost Knight, leader of the Lore Knights, had been in touch and told Frostbite that he was being summoned in front of the Government committee on the metahuman affairs and actions group. What all that meant was that they were trying to tie him down on the issue of Battlebug. The genie was out of the bottle no doubt because of some of the UKChampions who wanted to - in their words - 'carefully train and nurture a Class 5 superhuman in the use of their abilities to avoid mishaps or being steered down the wrong path.'

Justin had told them to, in no uncertain terms 'shove it' and it had moved up the chain of command to the Home secretary. Failure to comply would have an order sent out to drag Frostbite and Battlebug in chains if need be before the committee and whilst the UKChampions expressed regret - of course - that such a thing was necessary they were ready to do their duty. Of course.

He sighed. After a bath, change of clothes, haircut even and a couple of nights off - where he'd finally managed to spend some time with Catherine and discovered that yes, there may be something more than simple professional courtesy between them, he now had hard choices to make.

No less for Thoth and the council of magic. Without proof of Dr Mystical's crimes in the 'other world' of Albion they were more or less 'hands tied' it seemed, but that would take a while to resolve. Sorceress had taken an extended leave of absence from the UKChampions and he'd left the door open for her to return as possibly a mystical strong arm of the group.

Major Dawson of SMITE had been in touch, touching base. With the Vanguard out of action only for a couple of days here (which had taken longer in Albion and added to the couple of days in the other Earth) pretty much no one knew they'd been away but it was his job to (as he put it) track the pieces on the board and he was glad Frostbite was 'back in the game'. There was a growing respect between the two and Frostbite felt that the Vanguard were becoming more accepted by the establishment whereas they'd been a media darling for a while now.

Je'Nadenn, the Atlantean warrior woman had greeted them all though had also been disgruntled to be left from the trip. She was probably more powerful than Surge or Reflex and Timmy Jones who Wandafar was busy constructing a new body for in between helping out Lionheart with costumes.

Wandafar. Joe sighed. His friend and the main brain behind the Vanguard had asked about what happened, curious of course. How much to tell him? Frostbite had asked for time. That Wandafar had merged with Frostbot somehow and turned into an emotionless, brutal leader that was still able somehow to hold off Advent through being completely ruthless would shock him. Maybe that was for a day when things were going well.

Melody had taken a couple of days off to visit her parents, Billy? Well, Battlebug had dusted himself off and turned back into the happy go lucky joking kid though a haunted look in his eyes - that he was some kind of 'commodity' because of that ability to multiply his energy to become billions of times faster and stronger... He knew there was a target on him and whilst outwardly he shrugged and got back to playing video games Frostbite knew it hurt him inside. There was also the matter of the Chicago Champions and he was driven to exact some kind of revenge - see them punished for the death of his uncle years ago. Mere words wouldn't fix that.

Catherine? He smiled. He remembered the glance across the table, the nervous laughs, the knowing smiles. 'Play it cool old man.' said an old voice inside his head. Frostbot? No. Joe Hoskyn. The soldier from the second world war who'd been the original Frostbite.

So many people over the years he'd met, battled with, against, so many places... How long could he do this? Didn't he deserve happiness? The chance to settle down? As he sat on a rock overlooking a valley with the warm sun on his face Joe considered all that had happened, and all that might still happen. He was still a young man who'd accomplished more than he could ever have dreamed of and still had a job to do. To rebuild the Vanguard, to train them. To make them ready to face the challenge of Advent and who knew what else.

'There is an incoming call on your phone. Jeeves.' said Frostbot referring to the AI that projected a solid light version of itself to interact with the team.

"Ah sir." said the slightly robotic voice on the other end of the phone. "You have visitors. It is time, as they say, to 'suit up'."

Justin had tried to calm things and arrange for mediation between the UK Government and the Vanguard and the initial meeting was about to take place. Several Ministers, Justin himself, several people from the UKChampions, Major Dawson of SMITE and a couple unnamed types who were 'above EVERYONES pay grade'. No Battlebug. It was felt the youngster was too volatile, an argument no doubt to be used against Frostbite.

He sighed.

Standing, he looked at the distant hotel which had been hired out at great expense for the meeting, several miles from the estate. A dot, miles away, but a short burst of speed would see him there in moments. Duty called.

Still, with the sun shining and back home, he knew nothing could ruin this day.

Frostbite wasn't to know...

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Something-bad

OOC Do you want to spend any points on improvement? Take a look at the character sheet and see if it a) makes sense and b) anything sticks out where you might need improvement. I think Frostbite can dish it out but can't take it as well, so there's that. Over time you can increase your defence but your best defence is Density Increase, making yourself weight thousands of tons and also being able to lift millions of tons (and punch as hard as Superman) to boot. Energy Blast is his most accurate and powerful attack. Fluid form is incredibly useful.

All those powers and skills next to a * are more expensive to boost however. They were cheaper to buy in the first place and the tradeoff is they are linked to a statistic. That means you have to raise the statistic and ALL powers linked to it and it gets pricey.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Frostbite-NOV-2020

For instance boosting Dex you also have to boost Flight because it's linked. Power Reserve is ALWAYS useful for Frosty but costs a fortune in HP.
150HP per point to be exact up to 15 APs then 200 thereafter. That's a lot of adventures!

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Feb 26 2021, 17:21

Admin wrote:The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Something-bad

OOC: Zikes!!! Very Happy

As regards improvements, I have replied on the other thread, but will do so here as well - and I have gone with your suggestion of boasting dex by 1 point. I'll hang onto anything left as I think I might need it for that odd roll that I really, really need to make.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

Post  Admin Sat Feb 27 2021, 14:40

OOC see what you think (also in other thread. I'll lock that and move it).

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Frostbite-latest-Feb-2021

Security was tight. Justin had suggested St John Hall - at least a part of it anyway but Wandafar had protested on security grounds and that was that.

He had a point. MI7 (the British Secret Service dedicated to working with, on or against metahumans) and SMITE had wanted to go through the place thoroughly and the alien scientist had said "No Vay" and threatened to 'Valk' if JsJ insisted on the venue. Backing down immediately, Justin had instead arranged for a hotel to be evacuated on health grounds and all patrons compensated for their inconvenience and here they were a few miles distant from the home of Vanguard.

Even Frostbite, when he'd turned up, had to verify his identity with Justin by writing down his secret identity on a piece of paper that Justin confirmed then destroyed.

The suited men and women in dark glasses looked like clones. Even their hair styles were uniform and dyed black where they had hair at all. The minister and his entourage arrived in limousines - nothing like being incognito - and the UKChampions in Attendance - Bombardier, Atomica and Shamrock - looked to be 'all business'.

Atomica shared a mutual respect with Frostbite and the Vanguard having worked with and vouched for the team. Bombardier and Shamrock remained 'hard sells' and didn't like to admit that Frostbite was at least as effective as the UKChampions.

They shook hands with Frostbite and made for the meeting room, pretty much ignoring the SMITE and MI7 agents who wanted to frisk them.

Atomica, her persistent flame powered down, was a tall, athletic statuesque woman who looked like a female wrestler. Dressed in what amounted to a one piece swimsuit and knee high boots she drew stares and glances from the men - and the women - in the place. She shook Frostbites hand then less formally added "We keep running into each other. For what it's worth I have opposed the UKChampion Council and the government stance on the boy and will continue to do so."

Government ministers - crusty old men and women with a staff in tow - came part with perfunctory nods.

Finally Dawson arrived and shook Frostbites' hand. "Sorry about this old boy. The powers that be are yanking my chain and I have to answer to their every beck and call. For what it's worth, I'm on your side." He patted Frostbite on the shoulder, shivered with a smile and made his way into the meeting room.

Joe had pulled on a half face mask for the meeting and wore a costume covering himself for this as he powered down so as not to freeze the room to a refrigerator temperature.

The two 'above everyone's pay grade' - a man and woman Frostbite didn't recognise and Frostbot had no record of - walked past flanked by superhuman body guards in plain clothes. Their bright Orange skin and all black eyes gave them away.

Best get this over with...

========

"...due respect we've been over this..."

Frostbite sighed.

Ten minutes into the meeting and it was clear they classified 'The Boy' as an unregistered weapon on a seismic scale and one that should be monitored, controlled and used sparingly by the UK Government.

The UKChampions argued that it was their area of expertise but Atomica was notably silent and drew withering stares from her team mates.

Dawson had repeated time and again that Frostbite and the Vanguard were the best place to nurture and train the lad and that there was no better place. Indeed, SMITE had the Vanguard's full blessing and they continued to be a valuable weapon against the rising threat of superhuman crime and the ever present menace of ADVENT.

Justin St John cast his steely eyed glare around the table. "You know my stance. Any attempt. ANY attempt to wrest the boy from the stewardship of the Vanguard with Frostbite as mentor will meet with my most vehement protest. I have a letter of resignation on file ready to send at a moments notice."

The two 'above everyone's pay grade' people had been silent so far. Now the woman (in her fifties, slim, all business) spoke "And what about you Frostbite? We have very little information about you. You are registered as a superhero in the loosest, vaguest sense. The Government knows very little in the way of concrete details about you or your group."

"Now hold on a minute, we..."

The man silenced Dawson with a glance.

"Let me ask you Frostbite, to present a series of Pro's for the boy to be taken under government stewardship, to see if you understand the benefits. We can then see if you understand the problem we have." He was a man also in his fifties, white grey hair and goatee beard with very expensive suit and clearly a man used to being the calm in the centre of any political vortex.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Feb 27 2021, 15:01

OOC if you fancy some bedtime reading...

UKChampions Who's Who yes it needs updating

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Feb 27 2021, 22:46

Admin wrote:"Now hold on a minute, we..."

The man silenced Dawson with a glance.

"Let me ask you Frostbite, to present a series of Pro's for the boy to be taken under government stewardship, to see if you understand the benefits. We can then see if you understand the problem we have." He was a man also in his fifties, white grey hair and goatee beard with very expensive suit and clearly a man used to being the calm in the centre of any political vortex.

OOC: Thanks for the upgrade that is excellent.  I hear what you are saying about the dex stat - I guess its a shame that so much is tied to it in a way that the others aren't but I can see that changing that needs to be done in a way that it doesn't in itself complicate things for you - as you say a-la Champions!  But I am all for balancing things out, see my reply to the Ultrahumans thread.

Frostbite stood up, aware that he was an American, albeit one who fought with the Allies for England though that seemed to remain largely unknown.  

"Folks I know you know less about me and wonder why I am even at this discussion, other than Justin have vouched for me.  I have served this country since coming here to work with your armies against the Nazi's in 1940.  An accident, an element of fate, God's hand, endowed me with these powers and so much more.  I fought then but came back now.  And have continued to fight in different times and places always seeking to be a Vanguard against the likes of Advent, Eurotrash or whoever would come to hurt freedom and the rights of people everywhere.  Although I have found myself fighting more than once against your enemies and with your allies."

Turning to the assembled men and woman of the UKChampions he continued, "I have been honoured to serve among the best and finest men and woman and other warriors..." A subtle nod to Atomica, "who have also come to fight among and for these lands.  At our last encounter, the UKChampions aided my team in a matter of national delicacy and my friends at Smite lead by Major Dawson, whose father I fought alongside, can tell you how we worked together."  Frostbite withheld from saying how the UKChampions were compromised, Atomica turned against them and only with the help of Battle Bug that day did they somehow win.

Nodding to the group at large he continued, "Forgive me for saying all this, but I think it important you know who I am, how we have fought and what we have done in the past to best appreciate that we are, as you often like to say are not, 'Johnny come lately'."

Turning back to the execs he continued, "Battle Bug, is a lad with enormous potential, but he is a lad.  A boy, his own sad history gives testimony to the fact that he needs a family, as much as he needs training.  He needs people who he can enjoy being with, not just people to train him to fight - which we know he can do all so well.  I fear that his abilities, tied to him as a person require the kind of support we can best offer and without which may well be our undoing.  I don't doubt the UKChampions can train him, their own skills and history are testimony to that.  But BB isn't a man, he's still a growing lad.  A lad who, without a family to help nurture the values that shaped us before we gained our powers, could easily be the liability you fear him to.  

Too often people get gifts but don't grow character.  I'm sure the long list of Super-Villains is sufficient testimony to prove that point.  And that ladies and gentleman is not something that any training alone can prevent.  I don't doubt that the UKChampions can make excellent use of his abilities, but what of his heart, soul and virtues?  What will drive these skills, abilities and hone them to help him be a man not just of action, not just a weapon, but a man of all nobility who fights for the people and their government and not just for himself?  

You asked me do I know what the pros are, yes.  And sadly all too often the cons as well.  What we need to do with people emerging with such powers isn't treat them as weapons, science projects to prod and prob, but people.  People whom we can train, develop and help them to help us.  It's no longer just the super villain in the street, it's those things in the stars, and between the atoms and a micro fraction across countless dimensions that threaten our way of life.  Advent is only the beginning, if we don't stand together we will fall apart.  

To that end, I propose we have a task force that combines the skills, expertise and abilities of the UKChampions which we, the Vanguard would welcome, together with what we bring of our own.  Perhaps if the UKChampions and the British government wish to make the most of this, to hear what the Pros are then hear this...that we have some of the UKCHampions come on secondment with us to help us benefit from some joined-up thinking.  We gain their expertise we bring our raw power and our resources and together we start to get out in front of this and stop reacting to it.  

That sir, madam is the pro I wish to bring, why divide Battle Bug or make him chose - won't that just weaken him or worse embitter him against us?  No, why not have both teams work together as one to train him and those who are emerging with power and ability but also fear or bravado that we can recruit train and work toward the same goal, not just UK Champions, but combined with the Vanguard against the enemies that threaten within and those without, to work together?"

Frostbite finished with a meaningful look back to Shamrock. He once offered Frostbite a place on the team, he could have taken it but even then he sensed that their goals were different. But now he appealed to those whom the country elected and their advisors, those who even the UKCHampions would find hard to turn down. Already Frostbite and Catherine had started to recruit new people, Battle Bug, Melody and others were the beginning if he if they were going to avoid what happened in the Earth they'd just returned from. An Earth that pulled its best together too late to stop them, then they had to do better. They had to be a true Vanguard, and stop reacting and start responding. That was the team he wanted to be on. And that was the team he knew Battle Bug would be on, despite what they wanted here, if they tried to force Battle Bug, they'd very likely turn him against them. Frostbite sat down hoping he'd gotten something of that across.

OOC: Phew that took a while. Let's hope it makes some sense to those listening.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 07 2021, 09:54

OOC No rolls needed when you hit it out the park...

Shamrock scowled and turned away. Bombardier sagged back in his chair with chin in hand.

Atomica shared a glance and slight nod with Frostbite.

Dawson stifled a grin and raised an eyebrow to the nameless man and woman who were 'above everybody's pay grade'.

Their faces remained impassive and Justin broke the silence. "This man, by his own admission, is a man from another time. His old fashioned values, of truth, honesty, loyalty, respect and above all that a code of conduct will shape and guide that youngster going forward."

"With all due respect Lord St John, you are somewhat biased in this matter." said the nameless woman.

"Indeed I am, but if Frostbite were not the right model for the boy I would be the first to bang the table and make my feelings known, rest be assured." he said, eyes narrowed. "That's what makes this whole process more annoying for me. THAT man is a father figure to that youngster. Fact?" he looked around the table. "He sought out Frostbite and the Vanguard and only after he'd been on active duty with Frostbite did Battlebug discover the beginnings of his potential. He's not unbeatable. No one is. However as a key part of a team led by Frostbite we have at our service a team of such determination and power that this country is immeasurably stronger for it. Anyone here dispute that?"

He stared around the table. "You already have my vote." said Dawson. "I've worked with Frostbite a couple of times and both times I was glad he was on my side."

"As have I." said Atomica, haughty voice cutting through all at the table. "I am... known... for being difficult to get on with." she admitted. "I cannot help who I am, my upbringing and my station. It was bred into me, as was my power. However I too have worked with Frostbite several times and seen how, despite a deficiency in power at first, he has prevailed. Now I believe there is no deficiency. This man continues to grow, defy the odds and to defend this country with his dying breath if need be. The boy can have no finer role model."

Shamrock spun at that and looked about to shout but Bombardier put a hand on his shoulder. "Chill, old friend. The Princess is right, despite not presenting a united UKChampions front."

"You too?" asked Shamrock.

"The facts are the facts. Removing the boy from Frostbites' stewardship will set him down a path that right now would be undesirable. That doesn't mean we can't watch and wait. His power is undeniable. It needs to be kept in check. You know that every time he swings one of those punches earthquake detectors are set off?"

There were several surprised looks at that.

"In Japan." he added. "That's how powerful he is. A 100 megaton explosion pales in comparison to the boys power."

"I am not far off in terms of..." said Atomica before being waved to silence by Bombardier. She bristled, nostrils flaring at being cut off.

"Princess, I'm agreeing with you. The best place for the boy RIGHT NOW is with Frostbite and the Vanguard. I just want you to know though, we're watching. All of us around this table, and more besides, are watching. This meeting will take place again is there are any slip ups. Bear in mind everyone makes mistakes, but superhuman mistakes on that scale are catastrophic indeed."

"So we simply wait for the boy to slip up, clean up the mess and count the casualties before we take action?" asked the Government Minister. "Preposterous!"

"Haven't you been paying attention?" asked Dawson. "No one is perfect, but Battlebugs' place in the Vanguard right now is as near as dammit as perfect as we can get. This man has an old fashioned perspective on life and duty. I don't think anyone around this table needs a recap on the costs every time the UKChampions turn up." he raised a hand to stifle Shamrock "We aren't disputing their effectiveness but there is a significant sterling expenditure in clean up operations. I get involved in that and it's something some of the people around this table sign off on. When was the last time you signed off on clean up for the Vanguard? They are a more... surgical... method of suppressing metahuman threats than the wham bang all guns blazing of the UKC. I get that the UKChampions help in the community and with clean up. I'm saying that compared to the UKC, the Vanguard don't have much, indeed sometimes any, collateral damage to clean up."

The nameless man and woman glanced at each other. The woman sighed then spoke. "We recognise at this juncture that Frostbite and the Vanguard remain the metahuman Battlebug's best role model at this time. A review will be set up in... six months."

Shamrock looked pained. Bombardier rolled his eyes. Atomica glanced at Frostbite and nodded again.

Justin breathed a sigh of relief and as the various people got up around the table Dawson leaned in "Never in doubt mate." with a friendly clap on the shoulder and a wink.

=========

Atomica moved over to Frostbite. The tall woman stood several inches higher and her royal demeanour shone through. Nonetheless she spoke quietly, and with respect.

"They won't give up you know. The boy is a resource they want to control and replicate. As are you." she said. "The UKChampions have spoke at length about the Vanguard, you, Frostbite and some of the others in your ranks. Count me as a friend. I cannot speak for others th..."

She trailed off, tipping her head to one side.

Frostbot blinked a Sky News feed in the upper right corner of his vision and Frostbite saw breaking news "MAJOR METAHUMAN INCIDENT DECLARED IN LONDON AT THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT!"

Bombardier and Shamrock were already heading for the door. "This is our shout." Shamrock said at Dawson though he clearly aimed it at Frostbite.

Atomica nodded to Frostbite. "Until we meet again."

Dawson and Justin came over. "It's your old friends Eurotrash again." said Dawson. "The UKC are on point but I think it would be best for you and the Vanguard to make yourself available too."

Justin nodded "I concur. A win for the Vanguard would drive home the point that has been made today."

Once more into the breach...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Mar 07 2021, 14:29

Admin wrote:Justin breathed a sigh of relief and as the various people got up around the table Dawson leaned in "Never in doubt mate." with a friendly clap on the shoulder and a wink.

Frostbite smiled at ease for the first time since entering the room, "Now the real hard work begins. I'm a Father figure to a Son, when I've never even been married! But then one doesn't really get the playbook in real life either."

Looking to the others, Frostbite added, "I know they mean well, but we've seen what Billy can do and he does need family, not just training. Heart, not just head, I hope they will see that. One day when he's ready he can choose whom he'll fight for then he won't be a liability but a valued team mate."

Seeing Atomica move toward him, Frostbite pulled away from Justin, nodding politely toward her.

Admin wrote:"They won't give up you know. The boy is a resource they want to control and replicate. As are you." she said. "The UKChampions have spoke at length about the Vanguard, you, Frostbite and some of the others in your ranks. Count me as a friend. I cannot speak for others th..."

She trailed off, tipping her head to one side.

Frostbot blinked a Sky News feed in the upper right corner of his vision and Frostbite saw breaking news "MAJOR METAHUMAN INCIDENT DECLARED IN LONDON AT THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT!"

Bombardier and Shamrock were already heading for the door. "This is our shout." Shamrock said at Dawson though he clearly aimed it at Frostbite.

Atomica nodded to Frostbite. "Until we meet again."

Dawson and Justin came over. "It's your old friends Eurotrash again." said Dawson. "The UKC are on point but I think it would be best for you and the Vanguard to make yourself available too."

Justin nodded "I concur. A win for the Vanguard would drive home the point that has been made today."

Once more into the breach...

Frostbite nodded and mentally had Frostbot connect him to Catherine and the rest of the team. "Time to saddle up team, we have a standby to help out at the Houses of Parliament. Catherine warm up the 'bird' and come meet me here. I'm going to take the point. Our orders are to hang back, observer and let the UKC take the lead on this one. We might even learn something from them, so it's not a total waste. But warn Billy this is critical, it's not just doing the right thing it's being seen to do the right thing if we are going to win hearts and minds. Now more than ever with Advent pushing a false ideology and propaganda we need to be seen as the best alternative to their harsh totalitarianism."

After a brief explanation to Dawson to keep him appraised, Frostbite left the building and shot off into the air, heading toward the heart of the UK government, wondering what the Eurotrash were hoping to gain this time. This was a bold and brazen move, even for them. Was there more to this? They must have been put up to this since the consequences of failure were to be dumped in a forgotten hole for life. Frostbite didn't want to see shadows at the periphery of his gaze, but couldn't help but wonder if Advent might be seeking to stage another 'intervention' what better place than at the heart of the nation? And at a time where they could draw to them the UK's newest and most experienced teams to one place.

OOC: OK so go circle and keep a distance, observing without intervening - and wondering how long that will last? Especially if Atomica or the others should get taken over again.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 08 2021, 21:30

A DARK ROOM IN LONDON...

"Are we sure about this?" muttered the man in head to toe black, eye slit the only revealing trait.

A woman spoke up. She too was dressed in all black with the eye slit. "I'm not sure about anything. This guy turns up, comes up with a plan and we get the call. The pay day is... bigger than we've ever had."

"Is ANY pay day worth getting our backsides handed and being thrown into one of SMITEs secret gulags?" asked a third person in all black, his bulky muscled form straining the material.

A fourth person, somewhat straining the material around the middle, adjusted his face mask. He seemed to be unfit, huffing and puffing. "Supposedly the plan is something no one will see coming and the guy makin' the pitch was pretty convincing. Never seen anyone move as quick. You see the way he put down Savager? One swipe from those claws would have..."

"..he didn't come anywhere near landing a blow. I just saw a blur. Then Savager was poking through a wall head first unconscious. Call went out, here we are. If we're being backed up by that guy, and his buddy was anything like as smart as he was convincing? Well, we might just put one over on those UKChampion jerks." said yet another man in black.

"These costumes." said a woman, her shapely form enhanced all in black. "Why? I WANT people to know I'm Mesmerise! Do you know how hard I work at the gym to look good in that skimpy costume?"

The other woman rolled her eyes. One of the men chuckled. "Any time you feel uncomfortable all in black feel free ta peel it off baby!"

The men laughed and the woman posed in a sexy fashion before blowing a kiss and moving to the window. The distant monument of Big Ben was tantalising.

A muscular man, tall and athletic, stood as the others were all in black. His hands were behind his back.

"This is your show." said the woman, admiring the view of the fellow from behind. "When do we move?"

The man turned, his black costume not managing quite to obscure the circular blue glow on his chest under the all black suit. "We wait for the word."

=========

EN ROUTE...

"What? So we sit around and wait for UKChampions to have all the fun while we act as backup? Where's the fun in that?" asked Battlebug, checking out his phone as he sat in the Vanguard Flyer.

Melody scowled. "This isn't supposed to be fun! We're here to..."

Surge/Kevin in normal size cut in "He's just messin' with you Melody. For me I'm just glad to be back with the team."

Je'Nedann floated in a tank of water that sploshed about as the flyer moved through the air. "If any threat requires the UKChampions and the Vanguard, it should be taken seriously."

"Damn right!" said Catherine from the cockpit. "Frostbite, this is VF1. We're closing in on the capital. Friend or foe system is working fine so at least we don't have to dodge the RAF. Are you going in for a look or are we all hanging back?"

Steph/Reflex piped up "I'm nervous!" she grinned, adjusting her mask/helmet and putting it back on, tucking her hair into a ponytail.

Sun Girl/Maisy smiled "YOU'RE nervous? Ha! Me and Kevin were super agents and here we are running with the big guns!"

"Secret Identities Sun Girl. You never know who's listening." he scowled.

Catherine put in "Don't worry too much about that Surge. Wandafar thought of pretty much everything when he designed this bird."

=========

Frostbite listened to the chatter as he flew high over the city. His team was understrength, he had to admit but between himself, Melody and of course Battlebug there was no panic.

The Atlantean warrior Je'Nedann had superhuman strength and reflexes. Surge had strength, size and durability. Sun Girl had answered the call and was willing to learn. Steph/Reflex was a stalwart and would in time master her vampiric powers. Eventually Timmy Jones would have a new robotic form that Wandafar was cooking up and that promised to be a powerhouse. They could do with more to fill out the numbers and provide some versatility especially where Mental and Mystical powers were concerned.

He and Catherine would...

From where he floated in the clouds he heard a distant BOOM from somewhere near the countries seat of power at Westminster. Something was afoot!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Mar 09 2021, 08:42

Admin wrote:He and Catherine would...

From where he floated in the clouds he heard a distant BOOM from somewhere near the countries seat of power at Westminster. Something was afoot!

Frostbite interrupted the friendly chatter, "OK people something is going down at Westminister, heard ordinance going off. I don't like the sound of that, VF1 bring her in and circle above. Everyone stand by but stay frosty. We may end up sitting this one out and I don't want anyone to sulk." His words were not aimed at anyone but it didn't help to make sure that they were ready for disappointment if it day went to the UKC.

Frostbite moved in, instructing Frostbot, he asked if he could patch into the UKC coms...he didn't like to eavesdrop and they'd probably not thank him if he did manage to get in, but it'd better be ready to crash this party if things went south than find out from the media after the fact.

Moving through the clouds, but still a long way up, Frostbite called on his AI companion to use whatever means he could to have eyes and ears out for what was going on. This was bold by any means, and the explosion was showy? What good would it do to have things blowing up, whom could they be after...kidnapping? This would bring the kind of vengeful sting that those behind this seemed to have waved away. More foolish them, but desperate or something more...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 10 2021, 10:45

'You will have to move closer for me to pick up the radio transmissions' said Frostbot. 'My range is limited to around 1/4 mile. In a way that is good because a wider range would invite too many signals to process. Even as it is the mobile phone chatter is practically impossible to sift through.'

Frostbite swooped in and noted that the Valkyrie Flyer was keeping station a mile up or so but within moments of being able to get on the scene.

Staying at rooftop level he heard Frostbot speak again 'I appear to have isolated a restricted channel. It appears that Wandafar has had a hand in the coding process for the scramble protocol because I have not had to hack it to gain access. Needless to say the hacking process is one way only.'

"... move around. Police and SMITE on scene. What can you...?"

"There's someone here. A blaster. All in black. Another. He's BIG! Need support need... skrrzzzz!"

"Code 17 alert! Evacuate! We need back... skrrrzzzz..."

"Someone is... skrrrzzzz...."

"Where are... skrrrzzzz..."

'The communications are being blocked or cut off at source somehow. Curious.' said Frostbot. Frostbite looked and saw a column of smoke from the area around the Houses of Parliament. Honking horns... now distant screams could be heard!

'Skrrrrzzzzzzzz' went the static inside Frostbites head as Frostbot relayed it. 'There seems to be something jamming transmissions.'

Frostbite was still hanging back - this was UKChampions play and to step on their toes might cause more problems than it solves. However, the facts were that *something* was going on and that there were at least two black garbed metas on site and...

BOOM!

A sonic boom went off and Frostbite himself winced as exploding windows all about - from buildings and vehicles at street level - sent showers of glass in every direction! The ground itself seemed to shake and Frostbite saw people at street level stagger about. Some had blood running from their ears, others were on the floor, curled up or prone. What on earth...?

"Frostbite! Respond!" said Catherine aboard the Flyer. "We just detected a multi sonic boom at ground level! Wandafar is monitoring and suggests a low flier at speed or a speedster. Possibly someone with sonic powers! Do we move in or hang back?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Mar 10 2021, 11:22

Admin wrote:"Frostbite! Respond!" said Catherine aboard the Flyer. "We just detected a multi sonic boom at ground level! Wandafar is monitoring and suggests a low flier at speed or a speedster. Possibly someone with sonic powers! Do we move in or hang back?"

Frostbite wasn't about to get up in UKC's faces - but that didn't mean they couldn't lend a hand with the wounded and the hurting.

"Yes, something big just went off. Not sure what its jamming signals, so converge on me, we going to assist the wounded and assist the emergency services. That way we're close to hand if things go south, and can still hang back otherwise. Tell BB, assist the hurting, this is a rescue mission still at this stage not a punch and dissist opp."

Frostbite looked up awaiting the arrival of the VF1 and the team. He could imagine Billy leaping out without waiting. He hoped Catherine managed to convey to them all what they were about until they knew otherwise.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 11 2021, 14:21

Frostbite heard over the comms. "You heard the man. I'll Billy! BILLY!"

Frostbite rolled his eyes as he heard a distant CRACK! and watched as a dot screamed from on high. A rainbow trailed from the dot of the flyer as swooped in to catch up with the falling dot.

There was a distant "BOINNNNNGGGGG!!!!" followed by a "YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" before Battlebug bounced from the floor, spun multiple times through the air, off the side of a building and spun/twirled/tumbled into...

"SUPER HERO LANDING!" he announced as he landed on his feet and slid to a halt before wafting the dust about. Melody swooped up to hover behind him, arms crossed and shaking her head. "You were supposed to wait for the others. We talked about this."

Frostbite turned to the V Flyer as it swooped in, near silent in electric mode and the others leapt from the back.

"Do I need to tell you that we need to have a talk?" asked Catherine over the comms, aimed at Battlebug but also as a nod to 'Dad'. Frostbite stifled a grin as he watched the youngster step to the very edge of the six storey flat roof and look down and about.

He turned, having seemingly heard the annoyed sound in Catherine's voice. "I know! I know. I get it. We are here for helping and cleanup. This is the UKChampions show."

==========

Frostbite swooped down, spraying a fine particle mist of ice that hissed into steam and started putting the fire out.

He looked about. A busy London street. Normally busy. People screamed and ran everywhere. There were palls of smoke, burning vehicles - vehicles that were flipped, on their roofs, embedded in the side of buildings, on fire, crumpled...

It looked like a war zone.

He saw the team behind him, spreading out.

Helping people out of vehicles, transporting them to distant hospitals and speeding back...

Surge/Kevin, at giant size, turned a double decker bus back over with a grunt. He shrunk a little, reaching through windows to pluck people out and set them down carefully.

Melody plunged her hand into various fires, each time extinguishing the flames completely! "Yeah, I thought it was sound only too, until, y'know, I actually tried it. Well, i say tried. I was cooking and a really hot... anyway. Never mind. Didn't burn me."

"Huh." said Battlebug. He thrust his own hand into a burning car... the flames vanished and the car? Well, that got punched across the street, prompting the youngster to leap after it and set it right. "Whaddya know?"

"Every time. Every time I do something useful, HE can do it too. Just better." muttered Melody. "Still, handy to ..." she glanced at Frostbite who glanced back. "Right. Concentrate." She swooped about, landing in the midst of fires.

Sun Girl swooped about "Fires are MY thing guys, I got this!" she said as she swooped down and thrust a hand... then pulled it back "YOW!" she squealed. "No they aren't. I'm still uh, glad you guys invited me." Flying up and around she scooped up a man from the floor before a car exploded nearby and away to the green area in front of the House of Parliament.

Sirens wailed, people screamed, cars exploded...

Frostbite looked about. Je'Nedann held a wall up before it collapsed. Steph/Reflex moved about with a medkit and directed people away. Without someone to drain life energy from, her powers were pretty much non existent.

Catherine called out "I'll ferry these people to the hospital and head back. Mind yourselves down there."

Frostbite was about to answer when he saw a dark blur SMASH through the side of an old and distinguished looking building. A bank, apparently. He glanced about. The others had their hands full helping people. They had their orders. This was the UKChampions thing. Stay out of it.

He helped a woman to her feet and pointed in the direction she needed to go, then glanced back at the bank...

OOC been busy busy busy statting up bad guys all day!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Mar 11 2021, 17:45

Admin wrote:Frostbite was about to answer when he saw a dark blur SMASH through the side of an old and distinguished looking building. A bank, apparently. He glanced about. The others had their hands full helping people. They had their orders. This was the UKChampions thing. Stay out of it.

He helped a woman to her feet and pointed in the direction she needed to go, then glanced back at the bank...

OOC been busy busy busy statting up bad guys all day!

OOC: That tells me all I need to know about what the UKC are facing and indeed how they are fairing ;-)

Frostbite took a look at the rest of the group, he was concerned that the UKC had compromised coms, let alone that they were now effectively blocked. Personally, he'd have preferred that they worked together and shown strength and unity in the face of this new threat. One that was so brazen in its attack, it would be utterly foolhardy unless they had some other card, some ace up its sleeve.

As it was, the team was divided rather than united, and meantime innocent bystanders were being carted off to hospital which only showed how easily these fights spill over and ordinary folk bear the brunt. There was little point in wasting energy on what could have been, the reality is what is and that was what they had to face. Keeping a close eye on the bank, Frostbite instructed his never sleeping AI companion, Frostbot, if there as any feeds from external sources to the situation within Parliament or anything from the bank just over where things seemed to be happening?

The rest of the team seemed to be doing well, Sungirl lacked confidence, but if she stuck with it, it would come. She could do well being united with Steph and the others. Steph was a worry, not in terms of her capabilities. She was as good as any, but it was in her vulnerability till such a time as she could relieve a bad guy of his or her powers. He'd have to think about ways he might be able to further incorporate training. If he could get ahold of Yeoman or someone, someone who operates at the level she does, without powers... And they were still desperately short in the magic and mental depts. Thoth and crew had proven very helpful in that regard just recently, but the land being so enthused with magic, the things they touched on. It didn't sit well with Frostbite that they had two gaping flanks uncovered in those areas.

Returning back to the scene, he continued to keep a wary eye out, monitoring anything Frostbot felt worth his attention, checking in with the others, doing what he could and or making vehicles safe, dousing flames and erecting ice barriers to keep damage vehicles and other debris or damage safer until the emergency services could get it and make it properly safe.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 15 2021, 10:55

Frostbite watched his team get to their tasks efficiently and effectively, and couldn't help but feel pride in their achievements.

Even the 'loose cannon', Battlebug appeared to be sticking to the script, using his incalculable strength and agility to right cars and secure burning buildings. Frostbite himself had to stay clear of the fire but it seemed that by simply plunging a hand into the flames the youngster could quell any size of fire. Another of his seemingly endless talents on a very long list.

Of course, that list came with a flipside. He could hear his constant banter with the others and knew Melody would be annoyed under her mask, but also glad that he was on her side.

Strange though. What was causing the...

Another explosion rang out, then another. And another. An entire row of explosions with boiling smoke and flames rose from a street several hundred yards away, and then again nearly half a mile distant. Then closer. All with the space of a few seconds and a sonic boom in their wake shattered whatever windows remained and deafened those not already bent over with hands clutched to ears.

London was under attack, that was for sure but this seemed like Eurotrash were more organised, had gotten a 'power up' if they were so brazen in their attack on the heart of the British Government. Distant sirens rang out and now there were dozens of smoke columns filling the air.

A news helicopter in the distance closed in on the scene before, as Frostbite watched, a blue beam of energy lanced from the ground about a mile from where he hovered to strike the copter and send it spinning out of control! it would surely crash and increase the risk of loss of life and property!

As Frostbite considered his actions he saw something else.

A double decker bus flying through the air, end over end, flung by some tremendous force and going up, up, up, with people spilling out of it! That was a half mile in the OPPOSITE direction of the falling 'copter!

'Curious.' said Frostbot inside his mind. 'There should be no rational explanation of the blockage of telecommunication services unless a powerful jamming device is being used. It would be along the order of an electromagnetic pulse generator or some metahuman with abilities along those lines. My attempts to access electronic equipment and communication streams show all in this area to be dead or inaccessible.'

"Boss!" shouted Melody. She pointed.

There!

Along a street, some several hundred yards from where Frostbite himself was floating and firing icy cold streams to stifle fires and seal ruptured gas lines there were cars being tossed aside and flung up by two figures all in black garb from head to toe. They were battling with, or more likely from the sight winning a battle against a brightly coloured female figure who was - according to an instant readout on his 'inner vision' thanks to Frostbot - a UKChampion known as 'Starlight'.

Frostbot: 'Starlight (Female, ID Shi'Mari, Class 4, Powers of her alien race include flight, energy blast, durability, shape changing, pheromones (against males), light emission, sealed systems) Base of Operations: Southern England. Activity: Numerous high profile.'

Despite the fact that all communication was jammed and the UKChampions could not call for backup, word of mouth would soon spread that the team would send more people in to help their initial squad. Dawson and SMITE would also be on the scene too with helicopter gunships but would they fare any better than...

He glanced about.

Falling Helicopter.

Bus flying through the air, spilling people from it.

Fight in the streets with a UKChampion outnumbered and outgunned.

More explosions as cars were smashed through by someone.

Communications down...

Frostbite grimaced. It was going to be one of THOSE days...

OOC you're up.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 15 2021, 12:50

Admin wrote:Frostbite grimaced. It was going to be one of THOSE days...

OOC you're up.

The way that the attacks were happening, at first appeared random. One here then one a mile away...but Frostbite knew when he was facing something else going on. Someone was trying to split up the team, perhaps to make them less effective, by a measure of divide and conquer. The coms being down so that no one could co-ordinate let alone communicate was an obvious clue that something was amiss and this was the obvious tactic. Since there were no demands, no obvious front, but a lot of noise. Noise from one who was invisible or perhaps super fast and incredible strong character. That blue beam he saw earlier, that looked familiar, too familiar. It was the wrong time to speculate about what was going on, but if he was right and his gut told him something smelled about this...then Eurotrash though dangerous were not the real deal here.

But the real play was how to learn the rules before one got bested by them. If he was right the fires were a distraction, well almost - not so much for him. But the people...they wanted them to save people luring them out with buses and helicopters and explosions for maximum collateral damage.

"Everyone on me I think we are being played to divide and conquer, not sure who yet but that explains the randomness and utter brutality with which we are facing here. BB, save the Bus, take Barracuda and Surge. Then meet me where that Helicopter looks to be about to crash down. The rest with me...Sun girl give Reflex a carry, Melody you take point to keep an eye out for anything around us. Let's stay airborne, you guys are to get the crew if I can't bring the copter down safely, I want eyes out the whole time."

OOC: I know, given the title of this episode, bad things are stalking us...but I can't ignore the bus or the copter, the rest will have to wait if there is awaiting. What I can't yet figure out is when we are captured by Saladin what they will do to get us back, or will they decide to set up shop here? Anyway, for now, I'll try and stop the copter from falling with assistance as the others are able. I want Reflex to keep an eye out, if the bad guys show up, she might not be so well known to them and if she is overlooked she might be able to tag one and get the jump on them. But that's a lot of nights...I really need her more able out on the field.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 15 2021, 14:51

Melody looked like she was gaping, trying to take in the calamitous scenes around her.

Barracuda hefted her trident, mindful of the fact she needed immersion in water but that she had time as of yet.

Surge whirled about. "I don't believe this! London is being smashed!"

Sun Girl swooped down, squeaking "What do we do? What do we DOOOO???!"

Frostbite was a zone of cool and calm as his genius mind took in all that was happening and what it might mean.

Issuing his orders he watched Battlebug grab Surge by the wrist and Barracuda around the waist. She was about to protest when he yelped "HANG ON!" and leapt up, bouncing off the side of an eight storey building and PING!

The building crumpled where he punch off, leaving two foot marks in the stone! He soared in an arcing jump out of sight behind sight as buildings were in the way. Frostbite soared above the skyline and looked about, concentrating and keeping an eye on what was happening. More explosions. Three now on Starlight. That wasn't going well for her.

A car flying through the air. People running, screaming, stumbling... He soared towards the spiralling helicopter as it tumbled and spun in the air! His movement pulled the others into action and Melody shot off, leading the way.

Surge had grown to massive size, Barracuda was turning a burning vehicle over onto its wheels, and Battlebug? He bounced from the ground, caught a falling person, tumbled and span, landed, set the person down then repeated the act... as the bus was turning at the top of its arc a mile in the air.

A bus... what... twenty tons? Fifteen? Bit less? A mile up? Easily within the range of... well Frostbite himself and by his own reckoning he could throw that weight more or less into orbit.

As Battlebug continued to rescue falling people and in some cases toss them to Surge's huge outstretched hands, Frostbite poured the speed on to swoop up underneath the burning helicopter. With a hand outstretched he fired a fine spray in a huge cloud of ice crystals to douse the flames! Then he closed in and ... CRUNCH! His super strength punched into the metal of the helicopter and he winced but took a firm grip.

He heard screams from onboard the helicopter and the rotor blades SMASHED against his back... shattering into twisted metal! He silently thanked the stars that his gradual skill and improvement had stretched to increasing his density. Whilst in the air he didn't have to worry about the floor collapsing under his weight and he was pretty much to almost all measures immune to everything. Apart from fire. Well, and mental attacks. Magic wasn't great either and if someone like Lionheart or Battlebug or... or Saladin came along, that would ruin his day.

Until then?

A flustered but attractive Sky News reporter thrust her head out of what was left of a shattered window to look about. She was still belted in but somehow had the piece of mind to thrust a hastily reached for phone in Frostbites' face! "Sarah Sawyers! Sky News! Thanks for the save! What do you think is going on... Frostbite?"

He had to stifle a smirk. Finally the press knew who he was and if they knew? Pretty much everyone ...

He turned. Tricky to see whilst floating down gently with a helicopter but there was trouble!

After a few moments Frostbite landed and climbed out from under the helicopter, tearing metal aside and 'hosing' the engine down with snow and ice.

Sun Girl and Melody were swooping about, facing off against three black garbed people (about 100 yards away). Surge was on his knees, reeling from something and... was that blood? Gallons of dark red liquid were spilling from his front and Frostbite hoped that it was a consequence of his being huge!

Battlebug nowhere in sight - nor was the bus.

"The last time we met, I acknowledged you as a competent and honourable fighter. You surround yourself with buffoons, Frostbite." shouted a man stood on the roof of a car. All in black he was flanked by others in all black garb including their ski masks. "EUROTRASH is moving up in the world hero, and you oppose us at your peril!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 15 2021, 17:48

Admin wrote:"The last time we met, I acknowledged you as a competent and honourable fighter. You surround yourself with buffoons, Frostbite." shouted a man stood on the roof of a car. All in black he was flanked by others in all black garb including their ski masks. "EUROTRASH is moving up in the world hero, and you oppose us at your peril!"

Frostbite indicated to the others to fly with him to where Surge was. Looking at the big man and the wound he had, Frostbite grimaced, he iced him over, seeking to 'plug' the blood flow to the wound whilst not killing him.

Indicating to Melody and Sun girl to look after Surge, Frostbite looked around for any sign of the others. "You call me a fool, but all I see is an adolescent tantrum. Grown men throwing their weight around, men with power but fragile egos that need the cowering fear of others bent beneath their boots to give them a lift up in the world. That, my friend, seems especially foolish. What is this about, anyway? Are you going to show us who's boss, now that Advent has taken over the rest of Europe? Why don't you go kick some alien booty? they've got a pretty bad attitude, that would make you all feel like "the man"- right? Meanwhile, let us adults clear up the mess you've left and actually have some semblance of society left unless you care to join us?"

Frostbite was not as quick with his tongue as Lionheart, but he had seen enough of this posturing and ego-splainning too last a lifetime. He knew that with his team split up taking on this rejuvenated Eurotrash would be difficult and potentially cause more harm than good. He also didn't want to risk a fight whilst Surge was bleeding out, and Battle Bug was who knew where to let alone casualties and who knew what had become of the UK Champions. But he wasn't about to let these guys get off without poking at their fragile egos to see if they didn't give away anything.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 16 2021, 10:25

Frostbite noted a van and at least half a dozen black garbed/ski masked men and women spill out.

From this distance (hundreds of yards away) it was hard to tell if they were armed (OOC Frostbite has no super senses aside from infravision or the equivalent) but he recalled from the fight at the farmhouse when he'd met Eurotrash previously that they used 'super agents'. People who would be amongst the elite of army special forces - fitter, faster, smarter, stronger - then they injected themselves with a serum that energised every cell with superhuman abilities.

Giving that to an ordinary person would kill them. Giving it to someone who could run marathons and outrun a parkour athlete over obstacles gave a better chance of survival but that was all it was.

They were playing with their lives in the ultimate game of Russian Roulette!

Unfortunately with everyone dressed the same there was no way to tell who was a normal goon, who was a super agent and who was a super - or how powerful they were.

"b... boss." grunted Kevin/Surge. "He's too fast! Didn't... even see him coming when I was... righting that delivery truck..." Frostbite continued to ice up where Kevin was bleeding and knew his team mate was hanging on by the skin of his teeth (OOC i.e. used all his HP to stay conscious) . Frostbite could slow the bleeding but not stop it! Surge needed medical attention!

Another black garbed villain spoke up nearby the man stood on the car. "Is that... it is! That jerk from the farmhouse! We can get our revenge Fighter!"

Forstbot ... 'Fighter. Possibly Ultimate Fighter. Lionheart level agility and the most technically able hand to hand combatant you have ever met. His hands are hardened to beyond diamond cutting prowess. If he struck Surge whilst he was unaware then Surge will have little chance of resisting. He is durable and when he grows he is pretty much invulnerable to small and medium arms fire, but Ultimate Fighter is capable of slashing through the door of a vault with a sweep of his hand.' said the internal robot.

Ultimate Fighter appeared to glance - annoyed - at the man on the floor. Then he continued. "Why are you here? Leave. Your time shall come. This is a fight between Eurotrash and the UKChampions. A message needs to be sent. We are no longer disorganised, ineffective... a joke... We have power now. REAL power. And we will use it. Advent you say? According to the media over there public acceptance is near 100%. They are all having a 'lovely time'." he laughs. "Their time will come. Yours - if you choose to oppose us - will come sooner than you deserve. Last warning Frostbite! Leave. Now. Take your people. Go."

Melody curled her fists up. "Why that..." she looked about. They were stood on a square of grass with streets and buildings around. More and more black garbed men and women (complete with Ski Masks) appeared on rooftops, even simply floated in the air.

Barracuda snarled "We can take them!" she hissed.

Sun Girl hovered nearby. "I think... I count at least thirty but they are moving about. Could be more, could be less..."

Several streets away more explosions rang out, and a FWOOSH of wind blew from several streets away followed by a BOOOOOOM! that had everyone clutching their ears! Whatever windows were left in the buildings around exploded inwards and vehicles rocked from popping windscreens and side windows!

Ultimate Fighter seemed unperturbed and called out. "You are a smart man Frostbite. This is above your pay grade. Walk away." He paused then "Or don't. It shall be a significant feather in my cap to be the man that smashed you into the floor!"

Frostbot 'muttered' 'Rotate your head slowly please.' Frostbite did so. 'There are 31 black garbed individuals in sight, either on rooftops, floating in the air or nearer ground level.'

Frostbite looked about. There was himself, Surge (injured), Barracuda/Je'nedann, Sun Girl/Maisy, Melody/Gina, Steph/Reflex and ... Battlebug wasn't here. That left Frostbite as the bigger hitter, Melody as a 2nd and the others all about the same in power.

They were outnumbered. Things looked grim.

Another black garbed individual called out "Don't run ice boy! I want my revenge!" before he grabbed a dented car with a single hand and flipped it up, up, up...

Just then a blur sped past and all eyes turned as Battlebug leapt from the sky, caught the car and landed in a crouch, setting the car on its wheels. "Phew! Thought I'd never get done with... whoa!"

He leaps over to where the Vanguard are gathered. "Sorry boss. There were people who like, needed the hospital and I can't jump at max speed and... what's going on? Do we whack these guys or what?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Mar 16 2021, 12:52

Admin wrote:Just then a blur sped past and all eyes turned as Battlebug leapt from the sky, caught the car and landed in a crouch, setting the car on its wheels. "Phew! Thought I'd never get done with... whoa!"

He leaps over to where the Vanguard are gathered. "Sorry boss. There were people who like, needed the hospital and I can't jump at max speed and... what's going on? Do we whack these guys or what?"

Ignoring the others Frostbite turned to Battle Bug, "Battle Bug, I need you to get Surge to a hospital stat, he is going to die if we don't get him there now."

Frostbite looked hard at Billy, the son he had somehow adopted into the family he'd come to gather around himself by anything like natural means. He gave him a look that brooked no discussion, not least of all because whilst they talked, Kevin's life hung by an increasingly slender thread.

OOC: OK assuming BB takes him...

"No casualties...you came to fight the UK Champions, you've made your point, so stop the needless destruction - this bullying civilians, property, it only makes you look weak! And from what I can judge that doesn't fit with your new corporate image! If you want to show real strength then don't kill the UK Champions, why would you, if you are sufficiently strong that you can beat them and walk away untouched you've done more than any previous incarnation. Maybe add that into your playbook!" He said his voice dripping with disdain.

Turning to the others, and away from the black robed Eurotrash making it clear that he was not the least bit intimidated by their new look, new attitude. Frostbite called in the others "We are leaving..." He held up his hand as the others sort to speak. "We are going to discuss this back at base. Go meet with our flight, I'll wait for Battle Bug... and we will join you. Melody tell C what is going on and have her wait for us!"

Frostbite was never a man who in himself exuded the coldness that went with his name, not until today. There was a clear sense that he was doing what he had to, to keep them alive, they were outgunned in every way. He had never willingly run from a fight, but he knew that being a hero to a lost cause was more about ego than bravery. He was not about to throw the lives of his team away this day. Change was coming, not the change he wanted, but often harsh times bring change no one wanted but everyone needed. This was looking like one of those times. Though whether any of them would live to tell the tale after this is anyone's guess!

Frostbite finally turned back around taking in the scene before him. He had nothing to barter with, no means to threaten, no way to make these villains follow his orders yet he stood as defiant as an unyielding rock. He waited silently till Battle Bug returned. Fully aware he might well have a struggle to get Billy to comply. Fully aware that the press would have a field day with them leaving, and sick to his stomach at what he was having to do. But unless they regrouped and got a better handle on who, how and why Eurotrash had resurfaced in this way, who was leading them, they stood little chance of stopping them. He prayed that they wouldn't kill the UK Champions, he hoped his words might find traction, but he also knew if they were starting a war, then they'd hardly be likely to use rubber bullets.

OOC: OH my sometimes when you fight in a game the fight isn't about power, strength, but about stakes and the existential threat to those you 'love' and care about in the game. Wow, kudos sir. I've no idea how we get out of this one. Not sure I even like what I am having to do. I think I'd like to stick around to help civilians but I can imagine a fight would break out anyway and it would be hard to not see it escalate unless we remove ourselves. But boy I hate having to step down.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 19 2021, 00:15

Battlebug gaped. "But... we can... " then he stopped, looking at Frostbite. "Yes sir. On my way."

He leapt towards Surge and gave a warning look to the Eurotrash around him then muttered something to Surge, who nodded then shrank to his ordinary size. Scooping him up Battlebug took a glance around then leapt... when he landed he bounded again and this time a CRACK! indicated bursting through the sound barrier!

The lead Eurotrash agent seemed to consider, then he shouted "FROSTBITE. A word with you."

Melody hissed "It's a trick boss! They are going to attack!"

Barracuda concurred "It would be foolish to engage these villains in dialogue. They may have us outnumbered but we can thin out enough of them so that the UKChampions can back us up."

Sun Girl muttered "I don't know guys... they seem awfully ready for us. And for the UKChampions. This whole thing stinks like a trap..."

Reflex/Steph spoke up "You're the boss, boss. If you say we go, no argument from me... but it's going to look bad."

The group - all women - left and headed towards the Vanguard Flyer.

The Eurotrash super who had spoken had walked over to a space between the burning vehicles and stood, speaking quietly where only he and Frostbite could hear. "I don't myself understand what is going on here. The Eurotrash leaders explained they had made an alliance with new people and that we were all to dress in black. Furthermore... look around you."

Frostbite did so. Lots of burning vehicles. Heat. Flames. He would have to operate from a distance or suffer a total loss of his powers and abilities as his internal temperature skyrocketed. He was about to speak when the Eurotrash super opened a pouch on his all black belt. "Some of us, those likely to encounter Battlebug, were given these."

Frostbot spoke up. 'Your Thermal Vision if you please...' Frostbite obliged.

'Radiaoactive. A low enough level that it would not be immediately fatal to ordinary people but prolonged exposure of only a few minutes would make them ill. To Battlebug it would be debilitating or even, perhaps, fatal. It would certainly weaken him enough that a metahuman of even modest ability would easily be able to beat or even kill him. Eurotrash were ready for the UKChampions, and they were ready for us, meaning the Vanguard.'

That sunk in. This WAS a trap. A no win trap, though with Battlebug and Frostbite and the power they could bring to bear, nothing was certain. He'd seen Billy in action and he himself was far more powerful, agile, accurate and durable than he'd been before, save for when he'd had the dark power.

"This, to me, is not an honourable way to fight. It is, however, intelligent. It is just the start. Your days as a 'hero' are numbered Frostbite. Take this message. EUROTRASH is rising and we will not be denied." said the athletic dark form of Ultimate Fighter.

"Stop yapping and hit him Fighter!" yelled one of the Eurotrash supers.

"I ally myself with morons." muttered the Fighter. "But it serves my purpose. The message today was to have been simple - the UKChampions cannot stop us, and neither can the Vanguard. The police are powerless, SMITE and the Armed forces, useless. Nothing can stop us now. Pass on a message to your masters."

"We will send word of our orders. They will be obeyed or there will be consequences that make this day look like a training sortie, which indeed it was." said Ultimate Fighter.

There was a distant CRACK and both hero and villain glanced in that direction. "The boy returns." said Ultimate Fighter. "We were told he is a loose cannon, and that his power level make him the most dangerous of opponents, but they were wrong. YOU are more dangerous, because you think. You see. You act... and you choose when not to act, on your terms. They know how to deal with the boy. We were told to set as many fires as possible to deal with you, but here we are, and you are unaffected. You are a worthy foe and when the time comes I shall take no pleasure in your ultimate, crushing, defeat. Leave now, man of ice and honour."

THWUMP!

Battlebug landed on the grass, creating a crater and hopped out. Frostbite glanced at the nugget of radioactive rock in Ultimate Fighters' hand. He stared back, then he placed it back in the pouch but left the top open, making it easy to access. It sent a message. We know you. We are ready. You will be defeated.

"Boss?" asked Battlebug as he moved alongside...

The Eurotrash operatives readied for a fight. Only Frostbite and Ultimate Fighter knew the Vanguard would not be fighting this day...

OOC back to base?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 19 2021, 19:40

Admin wrote:"Leave now, man of ice and honour."

THWUMP!

Battlebug landed on the grass, creating a crater and hopped out. Frostbite glanced at the nugget of radioactive rock in Ultimate Fighters' hand. He stared back, then he placed it back in the pouch but left the top open, making it easy to access. It sent a message. We know you. We are ready. You will be defeated.

"Boss?" asked Battlebug as he moved alongside...

The Eurotrash operatives readied for a fight. Only Frostbite and Ultimate Fighter knew the Vanguard would not be fighting this day...

OOC back to base?

Leaning in so again only Ultimate Fighter could hear, Frostbite said, "honourable fighter to honourable fighter, if you win this it will be a pyrrhic victory. I leave, but you know the fight goes on."

And with that Frostbite turned and ushered Battle Bug as he took off toward Catherine and the awaiting flyer. "I'll let you know at the base. How is Surge?"

OOC: Back to the base...phew now comes the resistance...
I've got a few ideas we need to ramp up the recruitment drive, find out what happened to the UKChampions, and check-in with Justin.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 19 2021, 23:00

Ultimate Fighter gave a martial artist bow (while not taking eyes off) and finished with "When we meet again I shall look forward to defeating you, but know I shall not rejoice in your downfall."

He turned and waved the other Eurotrash agents back, arguing with some who were protesting that 'Frostbite and the kid were easy meat with the fire and uranium chunks'.

Frostbite glanced about. They'd been ready for the Vanguard, and doubtless the UKChampions too. Cutting communications was a big part of that. preventing the token force of UKChampions from calling for backup then overwhelming them with numbers. Whatever else they were planning here a public defeat of the UKChampions was certainly being achieved. The Vanguard would get off easier but the press could be merciless.

Battlebug muttered "We could have taken them boss but... for what it's worth I think you're right. This whole thing stank of a trap. I'm surprised they didn't try it on anyway. Surge will be ok. He's tough and the gut wound was quite shallow but he might be laid up for a few days. Freezing the wound like you did basically saved his life."

Frostbite glanced back. The Eurotrash agents had wanted to gangpile Frostbite and Battlebug but Ultimate Fighter had basically stopped them. He was a bad guy, no doubt about it, but one that fought with rules, a conscience and a strong sense of honour. A killer? Probably but not wanton. That didn't make it any better but it could have gone worse for Frostbite and his team and they gathered in the Vanguard Flyer with Catherine speaking up quietly "Everyone in? heading back to base."

=========

"What was that????" asked Justin St John in the private study. He was clearly not happy.

Catherine sat silently on the arm of a sofa and Frostbite had changed into civilian clothing, having a cup of tea whilst he spoke on the comm link to Justin St John in the capital.

"Eurotrash basically were given free rein of the capital and caused millions of pounds worth of damage, shattered the public trust in superheroes and caused Parliament to be suspended and evacuated. The Queen was rushed to her bunker. I have no idea where the PM is but..." he glanced off camera then back "He's safe, but mad as hell!"

Wandafar held up a glass of expensive scotch and eyed the drink with daylight shining through it "Zet vaz clearly a trep. From vat Frostbite says zey were not only ready for ze Vanguard showing up zey were equipped and organised to thoroughly defeat ze girls und boys. Nobody likes running from ze fight viz ze tail between legs but ze UKChampions said for Frosty und co to help from ze sidelines only if called on. Ve hef a big big problem here Justin. Somebody knows Frostbite and ze boys veakness and now all of Eurotrash know it. No good heffing ze biggest gun in ze room if ze bad guys can stick a cork in ze end."

Catherine sighed "Justin the priority was getting innocents away. We did that. The order was clear. This was the UKChampions show. We followed their orders. How... how did they get on?"

Justin St John frowned. "Of the six who responded to this fiasco, four are in hospital and two were taken hostage. Once Eurotrash gave the UKC a pounding on live television and spouted their rubbish at the cameras they dragged Crystal Queen and Stonelord about and paraded them as trophies before setting about them and dumping their unconscious forms in the back of what seemed to be a flying saucer. A flying saucer that took off and faded from view. A flying saucer with a very powerful EMP transmitter that shut the core of London down, stock exchange, communications, the lot. The PM wants answers."

The screen divided into two and Frank Dawson, SMITE field Commander and friend of the Vanguard, appeared from his office. He looked tired and as if he'd been on the end of a roasting. "Well, that could have gone better. The UKChampions have gone bananas. If Eurotrash wanted to stir up a hornets nest, they managed it by beating the snot out the UKC field team and kidnapping two members. SMITE has been given an emergency budget and we are to prevent another disaster like today, but I've been asked to ask you two..." he said to Justin and Frostbite "What are we going to do about Eurotrash?"

Though he trusted Dawson Frostbite knew that the cameras transmitting his image would blur his features automatically thanks to Wandafars' software. Frostbite knew the others were champing at the bit but it might be time to revisit that list of Catherine's to add some firepower to the team...

Wandafar turned to Frostbite "I sink it is time to give some thought to you and ze boy being vulnerable to fairly common veaknesses. Otherwise we can expect bonfires und radioactive rocks every time you show up." he added, rolling his eyes.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Mar 20 2021, 12:43

Admin wrote:"What are we going to do about Eurotrash?"

Though he trusted Dawson Frostbite knew that the cameras transmitting his image would blur his features automatically thanks to Wandafars' software. Frostbite knew the others were champing at the bit but it might be time to revisit that list of Catherine's to add some firepower to the team...

Wandafar turned to Frostbite "I sink it is time to give some thought to you and ze boy being vulnerable to fairly common veaknesses. Otherwise we can expect bonfires und radioactive rocks every time you show up." he added, rolling his eyes.

Nodding appreciatively to Wandafar, Frostbite turned back to Dawson.

"They were not only ready for us, someone at the head has taken what was a best a loss cannon and turned it into a laser.  They are focused, disciplined and ready to receive orders.  Ultimate Fighter, he took down Surge...what is the latest on him and the UK Champions, by the way?" Frostbite wanted to make sure that not only he was appraised of the UKChampions situation but also his own team.  No good, fighting if your own team only care about team results and not teammates.  "Frank, we were outgunned and outplayed and if we are going to grab back the initiative we are going to need countermeasures, its not just about more money. Its raw talent.  If our team hasn't the capacity, to play soccer, um sorry football in the premier league, then no amount of money, kit or fancy PR is going to make up for the fact that on the day we lack and still lack the sort of firepower that they command.  Moreover, they have a strategy.  We both no even a small army can defeat much larger forces, but the strategy is the key.  They hold all the cards, we don't know their objectives, other than to take over.  We don't know when they will strike next.  But we do know they will come with contingency plans for whomever they face off against.  What we need is the sorts of metahumans who can nullify that advantage on the field.  Ultimate Fighter is without a doubt the leader, but I have a feeling there are others here.  We need some people - and I don't mind saying that we might need to go into the sin bin to get them.  We are weak in magic and mental abilities.  Our team is also not lacking in equipment but in intelligence.  Do we not have anyone undercover, no sources close to them that we can get some sort of information on them?"

Frostbite was as frustrated as Frank Dawson and Justin, he knew what was at stake.  Reputation was fine, but he didn't care how this played to the press he cared about ordinary people not being afraid to go out at night.  The government is unable to govern for fear of retribution that Meta humans could be able to get away with this unimpeded.  Not only did they need to win, but they needed to win big, so it discouraged others from joining this carnival or horrors.  

OOC: So without going into long spiel, I think that we need to
a) look at recruiting urgently, and desperately a national crisis is looming and we don't want Advent to try and seize this as an opportunity either.
b) if possible we need to look to recruiting criminals, a la suicide squad, to see if we can gain the necessary firepower.
c) we need to get Steph trained up, me and Battle Bug a bit more stabilised in our obvious weak points
d) we need to co-ordinate with UK Champions, combined efforts and an effective solution - to coms problems, like a mentalist who can link us all up telepathically and that is their one job, so that they aren't take out.  
e) We need intelligence, no one works strategy without getting some no how, we need to leverage precogs or shapeshifters or others who can spy on, seek out, detective types and MI6 and SMITE to work all coded networks listening in for intel.  Now more than ever do we need to fast track our operations, but not in a knee jerk way, as poor legislation and or moves now could open the door to soft totalitarianism and then we'd have only replaced one demon for another.

Etc.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 22 2021, 23:58

"Ultimate Fighter is not the leader." said Dawson. He sounded fairly sure. "It is lucky that you made an accord of sorts with him. He blows whichever way the wind goes in his way. Only in combat will he play by any kind of rules."

"No, this is someone else. Eurotrash has traditionally been a loose revolving door type setup. We've tried to stop them before but chances are their new line up is new and involves people we wouldn't expect or don't even know. That is their greatest weakness. You are dealing with individuals who are grouped together and just as likely to rat each other out, or turn on one another if it suits. If someone has bonded such a disparate group into a coherent whole... we're in trouble." he sighed.

"I remember a bank job where they had outgunned local police and when SMITE got on the scene it was clear we were in for a pasting ... until they started arguing and fighting amongst themselves. We managed to gas the last man standing after an almighty scrap and scoop the lot up. That's how stupid they can be. This though... it's a stark warning that taking them lightly will be at our peril."

"Surge will be fine. He will recover by tomorrow we hope - he's a tough guy. We'll send him back your way when he is passed fit. You super types tend to shrug off wounds that would leave us ordinary folk in a body cast for months. I have authorised the use of deadly force but that ups the ante. We use a big gun, they pull out a bazooka. Nobody died today. Four UKChampions were humiliated on live TV, two were kidnapped and we're still waiting to hear demands. This was a message, and a strong one. A lot of the black garbed goons we saw were conventional mercernaries. Well trained, not too bright, not bad in a scrap against cops and unpowered supers. Some were enhanced. We know they use a serum which grants superhuman abilities and kills one in 10 that take it. Then there are supers. Dressing all in black and covering faces means we are in the dark."

Justin nodded, frowning. "Some old fashioned hitting the streets and some ground and pound on bad guys might be what's needed to get some information. Someone will know something."

Frostbite spoke of his objectives:

a) look at recruiting urgently, and desperately a national crisis is looming and we don't want Advent to try and seize this as an opportunity either.
Justin nodded, quite decisively. "We need to be careful and vet the right candidates because make no mistake, there will be little time to break them in."

"We have files on a lot of superhumans. Some of them are practically empty apart from a blurred photo and a couple of notes logging appearances. Others are more open but aren't team players." said Dawson. "We can help but I'm going to have my hands full. I'll send an agent of mine to assist you."

b) if possible we need to look to recruiting criminals, a la suicide squad, to see if we can gain the necessary firepower.

Justin winced and stayed silent. Dawson sucked through his teeth. "I'm not sure that's a great idea but I see what you are aiming at. The enemy of my enemy? Problem is most of them can't be trusted. Offering a shorter sentence in return for their help might be a way but... you'd be watching them as much as the Eurotrash goons. Chances are they'll split whenever they get chance. A last resort, maybe, but if you are adamant I'll see what I can do."

c) we need to get Steph trained up, me and Battle Bug a bit more stabilised in our obvious weak points

"Reflex is potent but limited to a purely aggressive role. She needs to attack to gain power and gets more powerful the more she attacks. Not great for ... negotiation, say, but I agree, she needs some kind of pre combat boost to get her up and running." said Justin.

"Ve need to sort you und ze boy out. Ve are all friends here und I bet Justin und Dawson did not know about your veaknesses. Now ve know ze enemy does, und zey talk. Before long every vun vill turn up with a radioactive rock or flame thrower." said Wandafar.

"Well actually..." started Dawson, then he clammed up.

"Say no more Frank. I know how that works." said Justin. "You need a file on everyone - friend or foe - in case you need to stop them."

Dawson looked embarrased.

d) we need to co-ordinate with UK Champions, combined efforts and an effective solution - to coms problems, like a mentalist who can link us all up telepathically and that is their one job, so that they aren't take out.

"Yes, we'll get right on it and look through the psychic phone book for mentalists." chuckled Dawson. "I know what you mean though. These goons blocked ALL electromagnetic devices at first. TVs, phones, heck, even some cars - mostly electric ones - ground to a halt. Then they fine tuned it to block communications but allow the tv cameras to transmit. When the UKChampions team realised they were walking into a trap they had no choice but to stay and fight anyway. Sometimes it's better to take one for the team even if you still lose. The reputation is all shot to hell but it would have been far worse if the media caught them running for their lives against bad guys." he said, some bitterness in his voice. "Talk about a no win scenario."

"The objective right now must be to get those two UKChampions back." said Justin. "And this disaster did tell us something. Eurotrash are back under new leadership and we can't treat them lightly any more. They stole money and valuables form a bank, did millions worth of damage and smashed the public trust in supers. We need to get that trust back. The UKChampions have contacted me to send word to you. They want to speak to you." he said to Frostbite.

e) We need intelligence, no one works strategy without getting some no how, we need to leverage precogs or shapeshifters or others who can spy on, seek out, detective types and MI6 and SMITE to work all coded networks listening in for intel. Now more than ever do we need to fast track our operations, but not in a knee jerk way, as poor legislation and or moves now could open the door to soft totalitarianism and then we'd have only replaced one demon for another.

Justin rubbed his chin. "Between me and Dawson we can fast track a few new rules of engagement but we still need to be seen as the good guys. No killing, as little property and collateral damage as possible and no - we mean none at all - NO civilian casualties."

"The PM is already fuming. He's been summoned to explain what happened to her Majesty the Queen." said Dawson. "The old lady took a dim view indeed."

Dawson concluded. "I'm being summoned." he said, looking at his phone. A heartbeat later Justin glanced off camera and added "Me too. This will be fun."

Dawson then added "Frostbite, I'm sending coordinates for a UKChampions meeting point. They are asking for low profile. I suggest you wear a hat and coat or... a false moustache or something. Low profile means not tipping the press off or being captured on someone's smartphone."

OOC The coordinates are for an office block in London. Coming from Dawson you can pretty much bet on it being safe enough, but you can never tell... What are your immediate orders for Catherine and the team?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Mar 23 2021, 13:12

Admin wrote:Dawson then added "Frostbite, I'm sending coordinates for a UKChampions meeting point. They are asking for low profile. I suggest you wear a hat and coat or... a false moustache or something. Low profile means not tipping the press off or being captured on someone's smartphone."

OOC The coordinates are for an office block in London. Coming from Dawson you can pretty much bet on it being safe enough, but you can never tell... What are your immediate orders for Catherine and the team?

Grateful for the responses of the others, and that they were all on the same page Frostbite spoke to Catherine and Wandafar.

"Catherine I need you to contact Prof Thoth, we need to get him appraised on the situation and see if we can't get people on board with magical abilities. Once you've done that see if you can contact Yeoman or anyone else who can start getting Steph up to speed. It's not going to happen overnight, but perhaps we can start to work out something. Her power, like Billy's great when it's active until then they are both so vulnerable. This brings me to you our diminutive genius..." As Frostbite looked into the alien's eyes his mind went back to the other Wandafar from the dimension, not unlike their own, but under such dire and difficult circumstances. He shook his thoughts aside as he continued, "We need you to get Timmy up to speed and certainly Billy needs something to stop his radiation problems form crippling him out there. I'm less of a worry, but clearly not without drawbacks. So anything you can have ready needs to be in place probably yesterday. EuroTrash have got us by surprise and by their clever leaders, but they'll want to keep the pressure on and press home the advantage. With the UK Champions in trouble, they could both manipulate them and us by simply creating enough chaos and fear. So don't be surprised if something happens today, it won't belong."

Waiting for any questions or responses, Frostbite then got himself ready for his meeting with the UK Champions. He didn't like the idea of going powered down, and sort in what amounted to his room, with its meagre possessions something ordinary he could wear. He was looking for a Balaklava or some sort of ski mask, goggles and or at worst a welding mask.

And then after checking in with the others, he sped off to the co-ordinates given.

OOC:
OK Going to do a full recon, check for signals, allow Frostbot to piggyback on anything if I need to see what is going on, don't want this to be a trap. Probably not, but I'm not laying odds on anything right now.

Just as an aside, I think the idea of the Suicide Squad is also too unpredictable so let's nix that one. Besides in the field, they may turn from us to on us.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next