The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

3 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 6 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  Admin Thu Jun 25 2020, 12:04

Mimic Lad heads into the jewellery store flanked by a flying Shadow Hawk.

"Might be cheating if you go in there! Most people can't hurt you!" laughs ML as he runs at speed!

Rachel/Shadowhawk isn't so sure. She'd been surprised and blasted by Cutthroat after all...

"What is all this *cough* green smoke?" splutters Mimic Lad.

OOC Knockout Gas 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,12,+0 Total:20 (28) vs
Ov5 (Str) + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,1,+0 Total:10 (15) +5 (to 13) vs RV6=7 Damage. Mimic Lad is DOWN and OUT!

THUD!

Kid Kinetic turns and mutters "Thud?" before he sees Mimic Lad keel over unconscious in the previous room!

"Friend of yours?" growled DepthCharge.

Outside Shadowhawk is more wary and circles the place from a height keeping clear of the smoke.

"Joe?" she called out. "Ryan, is Joe with you?" she called over the earpiece.

OOC Kid Kinetic is still on his own for now! Mimic Lad and Cutthroat are both down, DepthCharge only needs to land one good hit on KK and his goons are shovelling loot into bags...

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 6 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 6 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 6 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  pabrandon Thu Jun 25 2020, 16:26

"Shadowhawk, try to blind the big guy. I will mop up the goons!"
Ryan hoped Depthcharge could not see in the dark.

OOC: Kid Kinetic will press the attack once more and try to multi attack the remaining goons.

pabrandon
Class 1 Hero (Max Normal Human)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 26 2020, 20:21

Shadowhawk squawks over the comms. "You need to get him out in the street! That gas is crazy!"

Kid Kinetic continued to pound away at the goons in the place...

OOC Pressing attack vs goons

AV9 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,9,1,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
OV5 + Multi Attack 4 - Press attack 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,4,+0 Total:10 (17) +4 (to 13) vs Rv5+4 (9) Multi attack=4 RAPs damage. ALL GOONS ARE NOW DOWN AND OUT (Body 3 RV5)

Depthcharge spins "NoooooOOOOOOO!!!!!" he roars. "NOW YOU MADE ME MAD KID!"

OOC AV5 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,9,8,+0 Total:17 (22) vs
OV9 -2 (pressed attack) + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 12,7,1,+0 Total:19 (26) Attack Missed

Depthcharge smashes a chunk of masonry from the wall as Kid Kinetic ducks and he snarls.

OOC Kid Kinetic is up. Depthcharge is on his own now. Shadowhawk is outside, Mimic Lad is down, the goons are down so the robbery is effectively a bust (several bags of swag are on the floor ready to be scooped up though).

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 6 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 6 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sat Jun 27 2020, 02:39

Ryan remembered Cutthroat mentioning something about the gas masks and heat sources. He swiped two and ran outside.

"These will protect you from the gas and let me see through your darkness power. Now, envelop the shop with your darkness!"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 27 2020, 09:59

DepthCharge laughed as Kid Kinetic 'ran' "Ha! Run boy! If I see you again I'll crush you!"

With a gas mask in each hand Kid Kinetic speeds through the green smoke and out into the street.

Handing a mask to Rachel she puts it on and it vanishes into the the darkness of her strange form. "Right." she says, with muffled voice. "I'll get in there." She flies in and fills the back room full of stygian darkness that can't be seen through!

OOC the masks will allow Ultra Vision but only have 3APs against Shadowhawks Darkness of 5/5 so you'd need a decent roll to overcome that (off the top of my head 4 points more than the Darkness 5APs + roll)

Over the comms Shadowhawk speaks "Right, there's a lot of crashing about going on Ryan. he can't see too well. If we're going to hit this guy we'll never have a better chance!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun Jun 28 2020, 02:22

"No argument from me, Shadowhawk!" Ryan said through gritted teeth. Rachel acted like this was her plan. He'd hoped the darkness would finally slow Depthcharge down enough for him to finally land a solid blow.

OOC KK will again attempt to deliver a Critical Blow.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 29 2020, 10:08

OOC The problem you have with Darkness is that it only really grants a bonus to the character using it! Everyone else needs to overcome the darkness with their own super sense (or the Ultra Vision goggles). Without that DepthCharge suffers -5APs OV and KK suffers -5APs AV... so no advantage! However, DepthCharge has an advantage that hasn't been used thus far...

Kid Kinetic rushes in, then slows as he passed Mimic Lad sparked out on the floor and steps into the stygian blackness of the room at the back, hearing Depthcharge bumble about and crash into stuff.

OOC Do the gas mask goggles (3APs ultra vision) help in the darkness? UV3 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (15) vs
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total:19 FAILED

Kid Kinetic frowns as he's looking at inky blackness! Still, he swings and hopes to connect!

OOC KK AV9 - AV5 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 12,9,2,+0 Total:21 (25) vs
OV5 - NOT REDUCED DUE TO DARKNESS!!!! + Crit Blow 4 + 1D Acrobatics + Roll(3d12)+0: 8,4,7,+0 Total:15 (24) Hit +1 EV (to 10) vs RV14 (-6 CB)=2 RAPs damage.

Depthcharge is on 2/8 Body

"Ooof. Gotta hand it to ya kid, you're a pain in the ass!" snarled Depthcharge after taking dozens of super fast punches to his body. "You messed up though... I can see!"

OOC DepthCharge attacks Kid Kinetic! AV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,11,+0 Total:21 (26) vs
OV9 - Darkness 5 + 1D Acrobatics + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,7,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:19 (23) Attack hit +2 (to 13) vs RV7=6 RAPs damage! Kid Kinetic was already on 6/7 Body so goes down!

He won't be out long though - with regeneration of 4 he regens every 6APs (4 mins) and so...

==========

"Wurrrup." That sounded weird. "Wake up!" Ahhh better.

Kid Kinetic opened his eyes. He was in the store room laying amidst smashed plaster, destroyed display cabinets and prone goons in body armour. Shadowhawk - Rachel - looked over him whilst wearing a gas mask. "Finally!" she said, leaning in to give Ryan a most uncharacteristic hug. "I knew you healed faster and I hoped you'd not be out long!"

OOC Recovery Roll(2d12)+0: 8,11,+0 Total:19 vs Roll(2d12)+0: 9,5,+0 Total:14. Recovery success. Kid Kinetic is on FULL body and FULL mind.

With a muffled voice Shadowhawk spoke. "He let off another gas cannister in the street. Green smoke everywhere! I had to retreat... I was gonna chase him but I had to make sure you were both ok!" she said through the gasmask.

"He was heading towards the riverside. Cops showed up and started firing - they may as well have been firing blanks! I don't... I don't think my darkness works on him!" she said while helping Ryan to his feet. "He left some of the stuff and dragged that guy who attacked us! Maybe they're working together!"

Kid Kinetic moved into the other room. "I dragged Joe outside. He doesn't heal as fast as you do. Might be out for a while." she sighed and looked about. "I haven't done a very good job of leading have I? No don't answer that. Do you want to go after the big blue guy? If so... I'll have to wait till Joe wakes or we get picked up. I can't leave him here..."

She was cut off as sirens got louder. "He's on the roof but the cops will find us and ask questions. Father won't be pleased. What do you want to do?"

The punch that put Ryan down was the hardest he'd every experienced and he got a feeling that's how others felt when he rained punches down on them. Still, he recovered within minutes whereas Joe would be out for an hour or more. Even if they woke him early he'd be like Bambi on ice. All the while Depthcharge was getting away! As he considered there was a BANG! as something exploded and he saw a curl of smoke go up half a mile away or so!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Tue Jun 30 2020, 00:11

(Oh, man. Matt and Ian would be jealous right about now!)

"No, Rachel. I did not warn Joe that the gas had not yet dissipated. If I had, he could have mimicked my abilities before rushing in. And I should have realized Depthcharge could see in the dark as he was not wearing a gas mask."

Ryan tied up the men at superspeed and carefully deposited their vibe guns in a bag.

"This alien tech can explode and can't fall into the wrong hands. Speaking of which, Korel..er Cutthroat had a doohickey that can track it."

Ryan searches the rubble at superspeed. "Any chance that he left it behind? If we can find it, we can catch up to them in the Valkyrie. We'll try to rouse Joe awake enough to borrow my healing ability."

Ryan tried to reassure Rachel. "Our first outing with you as leader is not over just yet."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 30 2020, 20:15

Rachel glanced at Ryan and smiled. "I always thought you were a bit of a hothead with the flashy speed and everything but you're ok."

At speed Kid Kinetic whizzed back inside the building ignoring the Knockout Gas which was pretty much dispersed in there now. Zipping about he took a look...

OOC You can use Superspeed as Perception AV so...

AV9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (21) vs
OV5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:12 (17) +3 EV (to 4 will=7) vs RV5=2 RAPs. Success.

Moving stuff aside and scooping up rubble to clear a space Kid Kinetic looks about ... and finds the gizmo Cutthroat had been using!

He frowned as he looked at it. It was a touch screen but nowhere could he see anything to turn it on...

OOC you can try to identify Gadget but its an unskilled check (+4 APs to Ov and RV) so not likely to be successful.

Kid Kinetic looked up at the sound of the sirens outside. Time to go! He raced out and climbed a fire escape ladder to get onto the roof where Shadowhawk waited with the unconscious Mimic Lad.

Suddenly a voice crackled over the earpiece the pair wore to connect with their phones over a scrambled channel. "This is J in the V." he said. "I have a message from F. Get back home. One of you needs looking after. I'm eta 1 minute on your location but you might want to move to somewhere less... open."

Shadowhawk scowled. "Father must have an app or something that tracks and monitors us. They must know at home that Mimic Lad is unconscious! That blue guy will get away if we don't give chase, but to defy father..." she looked at Kid Kinetic.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu Jul 02 2020, 02:56

(Me? A hothead? While Ryan was known to reckless impetuous, he was even tempered and rarely in bad mood.)

Ryan nodded his head at Rachel's suggestion. "We all have an implant. I would assume it does more than just open the front gate."

"Get Joe back to the house and get him treated. I will catch up to you later." He flipped the tracker to Shadowhawk. "You will need this to find the bad guys in case I lose."

Kid Kinetic darted down the ladder before Shadowhawk could protest and sprinted in the direction of the smoke.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 02 2020, 09:56

"What? WAIT!" shouted Rachel and Kid Kinetic was already out of range!

He sped towards a curling column of smoke, zipping through the streets faster than most people could register his passing!

He soon came across signs of DepthCharge's passing. Cars flipped, people trapped in them and fires starting! He could hear the sounds of distant gunfire too!

OOC Help those trapped in the cars or get to DepthCharge and stop him before more people get hurt?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu Jul 02 2020, 22:59

Kid Kinetic ran from vehicle to vehicle to free their occupants.

"Sorry to bother you, folks. I don't suppose you saw a 7 foot blue alien rampaging down the street? Please point me in the right direction. Saaay, are those snacks for everyone? <munch munch> Have a good day!"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 03 2020, 12:12

Kid Kinetic moved from car to car. Whilst not strictly superhuman strong he was at the very outer limit of human strength and didn't have much difficulty tearing doors off cars or putting windows through.

He tucked into discarded crisps, sweets and snacks as the bewildered car occupants ran from the scene. Sirens indicated help was on the way and despite his speed KK had to make sure he didn't rush injured people from the scene.

One man groaned. "Uhhh my legs." he moaned. "I'm trapped. I... "he cut off. The car was upside down and there was a burning smell and something else quite strong... Petrol!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sat Jul 04 2020, 03:06

"Don't worry. I will have you out of there in a jiffy."

Kid Kinetic raced from car to car and grabbed multiple tire irons and jacks. He used the implements to wrench the passenger free.

"I hope you have insurance, fella."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 06 2020, 07:00

"Insurance? I don't know if it covers super villain attacks! Arrrgggh!" he cried as Kid Kinetic set to work trashing the vehicle enough in order to free the man.

Gingerly moving the injured man out he scooped him up and moved to the sidewalk... just as the car exploded!

A cop car screeched to a halt and police got out about fifty feet away. An Ambulance and Fire Engine siren weren't too far behind.

One of the cops sees the distant youth in the costume and shouts "Hey! You! Freeze!" as they pull a gun out!

"Th... thank you..." spluttered the injured man. "If you hadn't..." he sighed then lapsed into unconsciousness.

There were others trapped in cars and the burning vehicle was filling the street with black smoke as the flames burned higher. Kid Kinetic was also mindful that the Blue skinned alien would be getting further away with every passing moment!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Tue Jul 07 2020, 19:04

Ryan figured emergency services could take it from here. He'd promised Cutthroat he would help him get the stolen tech back and now his life was in danger.

"Take care, folks! And remember to... uh..always brush your teeth or whatever."

Kid Kinetic raced down the street after the fleeing villain.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jul 07 2020, 19:38

Kid Kinetic raced off having done his part to save innocent bystanders!

Through the streets he saw signs of DepthCharges' passing. Cars tipped over, dazed people, windows smashed where a dumpster had been batted through it...

He sped on.

Buildings thinned out to be replaced by warehouses and stock yards full of timber and other shipped materials. Then he arrived at the dockside and looked about.

Hmmm. Nowhere to be... Wait!

On the other side of the wide river, there! A smeared trail through the mud as it seemed Cutthroat had been dragged by the leg out of the other side of the river. But the river was... a couple hundred yards across! He could run down this side to find a bridge, swim or... dare he try to run across? He couldn't see DepthCharge but could tell the way he'd passed.

OOC Blood of Heroes has different rules for running on water. I'll have to take a quick look.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Wed Jul 08 2020, 00:57

OOC: I think it takes 12 aps.

"Water was Depthcharge's element, not mine. He can breathe and I can't. Fighting in the water would slow me down just enough for the big guy to get his huge mitts on me. Then all he would need to do is grapple me and drag me down.... Then again, what the heck?"

Kid Kinetic held his nose and dived in.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 08 2020, 19:40

Kid Kinetic dived in and swum across the river in a heartbeat!

The wake caused a wave in both directions which 'clapped' upwards and he sprung out at the other side. Unfortunately on this side there was deep mud and the going was much slower...

Almost half way through the mud on the other side of the channel he heard a laugh.

Depthcharge stood there, still dripping wet and he laughed "Boy, you are persistent, I'll give you that! Unfortunately the reward for persistence in this case is another battering!"

Kid Kinetic glanced down... he was knee deep in mud!

Before he could react he saw Depthcharge morph and change... to become a double of Kid Kinetic! "i wonder if your friends would figure out who I was if I replaced you!" he laughed, then started marching towards the mud... where water - seemingly alive - leapt from the river to flow in a spout towards Depthcharge where he seemed to step onto it... and float towards Kid Kinetic!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu Jul 09 2020, 00:39

"What have you done with Cutthroat?"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 09 2020, 20:34

"Cutthroat is alright. For now." growled DepthCharge. "Better off to worry about your... oh no."

He looked past Kid Kinetic, up in the air. A trick to distract the youngster or was someone approaching from behind? Kid Kinetic was mindful that he was stood in mud on this side of the river with the river behind him and Depthcharge 'stood' on a water spout not unlike those water jets that people 'fly' about on.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri Jul 10 2020, 04:53

"Now's my chance."
Kid Kinetic took advantage of the momentary distraction.
"Here's mud in your eye!" he said as he pelted Depthcharge with globs of river mud. He strained to lift his legs and free himself.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 10 2020, 22:03

"What?" spluttered Depthcharge as a torrent of mud flew at him!

Kid Kinetic pulled at his legs and vibrated himself... the mud started to slide away then fly everywhere! From a distance someone would see a fountain of mud flying in every direction! Depthcharge looked about... but Kid Kinetic had gone!

From the bushes by the side of the river Kid Kinetic looked down. He was absolutely covered in mud from head to toe! Still, better than being trapped in mud whilst DepthCharge pounded on him...

Just then Kid Kinetic heard Depthcharge shouting... and looked up...

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 6 Moth-woman

A feminine looking 'moth woman' was hovering in the air about fifty feet off the ground speaking to Depthcharge in... well, a language Kid Kinetic had never heard before. Who the heck was this? As he watched he saw lightning crackle between her antennae... maybe she was DepthCharges' enemy? Would that make her KK's friend or in this whole messed up alien prisoner escapee thing that seemed to be going on was everyone everyone elses enemy?

OOC Updates probably on Monday...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Wed Jul 15 2020, 17:03

"Oooh. So pretty!" Kid Kinetic thought. He didn't know if "Mothra" was friendly but he knew for sure Depthcharge wasnt. The problem at hand was Cutthroat was missing and only Depthcharge knew where he was. Couldnt let him get fried. Kid Kinetic emerged from the bushes covered in mud and held up his hands.

"Greetings, friend. This...er man...is a wanted criminal on my world and I am attempting to apprehend him."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 16 2020, 11:28

The 'moth woman' glanced down at Kid Kinetic... then blasted lightning at him!

OOC Lightning 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:12 (24) vs
KK OV9 + Range 3 + 1D Acro + Roll(3d12)+0: 5,9,10,+0 Total:19 (31) Attack Missed

Kid Kinetic deftly leaped aside and Depthcharge snarled "Forget it kid! She'll kill you... me... anyone in her way! She's crazy!" and he started to run off back towards the bushes!

The 'moth woman' flitted about in the air, frustrated that her blast had come nowhere near the super fast youth but clearly not the type to give up!

And she was in the air, fifty-sixty feet up. Not exactly punching range for KK!

Meanwhile DepthCharge was trying to make his escape!

OOC KK can act now then initiative as usual...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next