The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

3 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  pabrandon Wed Oct 28 2020, 02:24

Kid Kinetic looked distractedly over his shoulder and the new Psion arrivals. "Surrender? Hmm? Yeah, sure. We surrender." Kid Kinetic motioned his new alien allies forward. "Cutthroat, Depthcharge into the Valkyrie. You too uhhh.. Moth-Lady, was it? Let's get out of here!"

pabrandon
Class 1 Hero (Max Normal Human)

Back to top Go down

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Empty Re: Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great!

Post  Admin Fri Oct 30 2020, 01:19

Cutthroat frowned. "What?" he muttered. Then he glanced at the Valkyrie and raised his eyebrows under his full face mask. "Huh. That looks like..."

He ran forward, DepthCharge grumbled "What are you...?" then started running towards the Valkyrie.

Moth Woman looked at the PSIONs and swooped down towards the Valkyrie where Ian/Transmutor nodded "Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Surrender then... hold on. What are you... wait! I didn't mean... Hey! Stop!"

The aliens rushed into the hold with a leap or flying and Cutthroat helped Kid Kinetic up by taking a hand leaping up into the hold!

"You're in BIG trouble mister." said Ian, glowering at Kid Kinetic whilst the other New Knights looked at the aliens with KK and then at each other. the other New Knights swooped into a now very crowded hold...

"What the heck?" shouted Johnson from the front. "I got readings..."

DepthCharge looked round then remarked "Oh. Sorry. Hold on..." The Valkyrie, which had been listing badly, suddenly righted and started forward as DepthCharge turned off his density increase ability which made him weigh tons!

Cutthroat called out "We need to go, now! Those PSIONs are taking aim!"

Ian turned to Kid Kinetic "This is NOT what I meant! Get us out of here!" he called to the pilot. "NOW!"

The Valkyrie shot forwards and Cutthroat leaned in to Kid Kinetic. "We need to... y'know, pick up that person I mentioned who can..." he made a swooping motion with his hand and glanced about at the Valkyrie. "This would... suit our needs." he muttered.

Hmmm. How to persuade Johnson and/or Transmutor and the New Knights to pilot the craft to go pick up the other alien required to change this powerful jet into a space faring craft with - apparently - a wave of his hands!

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu Nov 05 2020, 04:21

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot we have one more guy on our team that wishes to surrender. He's really sorry. Cutthroat will give you his coordinates. Speaking of which, I feel introductions are now in order. Cutthroat, you have already met. With me is Depthcharge and Moth-Lady. Together we are the "New New Knights!" Hey, is anybody else starving?"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 06 2020, 13:34

Ian/Transmuter strode forward and grabbed Ryan by the chest of his costume, leaning into his younger, shorter team mate and snarling "What makes you think we're going to listen to you? At all? We're heading STRAIGHT back home and you are facing Father!"

"Best back away from him son." snarled Cutthroat. "Unless you want me to take that hand off at the elbow and stick it up your..."

Mentallo shouted "STOP! We all need to..."

DepthCharge clamped a huge blue hand over Mentallo's head, muffling his face and voice! "Listen!"

A sudden 'swoop' and... BANG!

"INCOMING!" screamed Johnson. "Strap in! We're taking fire!"

Ryan moved at super speed into the cockpit faster than Transmuter could react! "You need to head to... Cutthroat!"

Cutthroat moved forward and gave coordinates. "There's NOWHERE these guys can't follow, and if you lead them to your home? They'll attack that! Go HERE instead!"

Johnson looked torn and glanced back to where Moth Lady towered over Ian. The New Knights stood ready to fight but in the confines of the seating area it would be like shooting fish in a barrel and tear the ship apart! Everyone seemed to understand that and held their fire but Transmuter made his way forward... "Get us home, NOW!" he ordered.

Johnson glanced down. "Three bogies.... and something else ... fast and large incoming! We're NOT equipped to fight ANYTHING! And if we lead them home... the kids..."

Ian snarled, turning away, spat the answer "Go to the place then. pick up this other guy."

He looked back to Ryan. "This ISN'T over!"

The Valkyrie spun and roared at full speed towards what seemed to be the wilderness! At top speed it started to pull away from the pursuers but the large 'blip' slowed to pick up the trio of PSION Cops then started pursuing again.

"We don't have long before it catches us! Anything you can do to slow it down?" asked Johnson glancing at the reading that said this 'blip' was behind by a fair way but catching steadily!

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resKid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Wed Nov 11 2020, 04:35

"Cutthroat, how tough is this ship of theirs? Could it take two hits from Bioforce and Mimic Lad?"

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 11 2020, 17:33

Cutthroat snorted. "Kid, this thing is a *translation required* class starship. Sure, it's built for speed and the cops use it to run people down but it's tough and will make mincemeat of this if we're stupid enough to make a fight of it! We need to get it to the other guy I told you about..."

Ian moved forward "What have you gotten us into Ryan? You idiot! I ought to..."

Shadowhawk/Rachel came forward "We don't have time for this! I.. Transmutor! Pull it together!"

"Open the hatch!" said a thin voice from Tim in his wheelchair. "Everyone hang onto something!" he shouted. Johnson muttered "I need to ask for a pay rise..."

The rear hatch opened and air howled around their ears as people grabbed onto seats and grab handles. "What are you...?" asked Mystralla/Samantha.

Tim waved her quiet and shouted to Cutthroat "The pilot of that thing! Are they as tough as the cops?" Cutthroat shook his head. "Usually no. PSION Cops are genetically bred and trained from birth to excel in all forms of combat against any kind of foe! The pilots, engineers, crew members and others of that ship won't be anywhere near as tough. Why? There's no way your energy blasts could punch through their shields!"

"I don't blast energy..." said Tim. He turned, then winced with pain as he overstrained his tight neck. "Johnson! When I say, hit the brakes! Then I'll shout NOW! and break... any direction, whilst punching it!"

"You been watching too many movies kid." said Johnson then he shouted "Ok, say when..."

"WHEN!" shouted Mentallica and Mystralla... They glanced at each other whilst everyone else looked at the dot suddenly looming VERY VERY large behind the Valkyrie! Some of them cried out, others were aghast as it seemed the bigger ship would smash into the Valkyrie!

OOC Mind Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,6,+0 Total:34 (45) vs
OV6 + Range 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:8 (21)
+7 (to 18) vs RV7=11 RAPs

On the Alien ship the pilot suddenly went THUD face planting into the controls and the chasing craft veered sharply to the left!

"NOW! BREAK! RIGHT! RIGHT!" shouted Tim... the Valkyrie veered hard right and everyone was hanging on for dear life whilst the co-pilot on the chasing ship grabbed for the controls and steadied the craft whilst checking on their companion... and the New Knights made good their escape at top speed!

"You ... run something... like that by... me first!" said Ian, wild eyed and hanging onto a strap! He was just about to launch into a tirade when Cutthroat roughly pushed past him and patted Tim on the shoulder "Nice work kid." he muttered as the rear hatch shut.

"Get us to those coordinates pal" he said to Johnson. "Won't take em long ta get back after us and that thing can really book in a straight line..."

Johnson raised an eyebrow and muttered "For an alien you quickly picked up the lingo!"

Cutthroat chuckled and turned... to where Ian and Matt (Bioforce) were squaring up to Kid Kinetic to find out why he'd aligned himself with aliens and put them ALL in danger! Joe/Mimic Lad and the two ladies were unsure of what to do with DepthCharge and Moth Woman stood behind them and Tim facepalmed.

"I'm telling you now we need to get back home to where Father can deal with you!" roared Ian. "And you need restraining!" He started to gesture, which marked the use of his powers...

OOC but Kid Kinetic goes first...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri Nov 13 2020, 23:06

Kid Kinetic glanced over Transmuter's shoulder. There was no way Bioforce would unleash his full powers inside the aircraft. One errant blast and the Valkyrie would be destroyed.

Kid Kinetic stood firm. "And what will Dad think when he learns the Psions are here on Earth and you prevented the team from stopping them? I think the real reason you want to bring me home is this situation is too big even for you and you need him to make the call. I don't."

Kid Kinetic nodded to Shadowhawk. "Shadowhawk led the last mission and did just as good a job as you, Transmuter. I hope she will lead us on this one."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 15 2020, 22:16

Rachel/Shadowhawk chuckled and shook her head. "We can't start a fight in here." she said and Ian (transmuter)/Matt (Bioforce) reluctantly had to concede that point.

"So we may as well go along with this plan, then go home and let Father sort this out." she added.

Cutthroat glanced at Shadowhawk then Kid Kinetic. He had other plans.

"Yo!" said Johnson "We're coming up to those coordinates... middle o nowhere! Just trees and... more trees."

Cutthroat moved forwards, weaving through the various teenagers squaring up against the aliens and even each other.

=========

"We won't have long." said Cutthroat to Depthcharge and Kid Kinetic. The Valkyrie was parked in a section of clear ground and the back hatch open. The Moth woman stayed on board watching the youngsters who watched her in return.

Ian snarled as he strode over. "What's this all about?" he spat. Matt, on his shoulder, looked ready to start a fight!

Cutthroat glanced at him. "That bird of yours is pretty fast but no way will it outrun the PSIONs. We only delayed them. Because you interfered with their investigation you get hauled in too kid. ALL of you."

"Now wait a minute, we didn't..." started Ian.

"You did as soon as you got involved. Minimum sentence is 10 years hard labour with no chance of parole. Chances are they'll look at it without that much leniency and you'll be looking at something worse to set an example."

"Worse?" asked Bioforce.

"Leniency? 10 years?" asked Ian.

DepthCharge growled, the blue skinned giant looking on everyone. "Those goons are NOT the good guys. They enforce their own laws and woe betide anyone disagrees." he growled in halting English.

"Like chunky says, the PSIONs make their own rules up in what they see as their jurisdiction and anything they get involved with is fair game. They are more like... intergalactic mafia." said Cutthroat. "And too powerful to oppose for more than a short time. They'll come in numbers. You aren't ready. Best bet is get off this ro..."

A distant crack of a sonic boom caused everyone to look up. There. A distant shining dot, miles away but getting closer!

"Out of time!" said Cutthroat, turning... to see a robotic female humanoid form stood at the top of a slope.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Cyborg-woman

"Cutthroat! I told you i'd KILL you if I ever saw you again!" said the robotic voiced woman.

Cutthroat looks nervous, loosening his collar. "Now look Marionette, we are all in this mess together! I brought a way out of here, off this rock!"

"I was living happily here, all alone and away from technology, away from temptation... away from the PSIONs... and you...oh no." she said as she saw the distant silver dot. "You brought them here!"

OOC it looks like the robot woman is about to start a fight - and the New Knights are caught in the middle!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Sun Nov 22 2020, 02:25

"Since we're already here, I'd might as well extend you an invitation to join The New, New Knights! We are a fledgling team and eager to get started on our first mission. We just need you to craft us a spaceship to speed us on our way. Emphasis on the speed part!"

Kid Kinetic turns to Cutthroat. and mutters under his breath. "Uh, how long will this jet-to-starship conversion thing going to take? She doesn't seem to like you much..."

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23 2020, 10:07

Cutthroat leans in, looking at the dot growing in the sky "If it takes longer than a few seconds we're screwed kid."

Johnson calls out from the Valkyrie "Radar isn't picking that thing up! I can see it though!" he shouts, binoculars to his face! "We need to GO! RIGHT NOW!"

Marionette walked up to Cutthroat. She leaned in, finger in his face. "I won't forget this! You ruined my life!"

"I, uh, saved your life!" laughed Cutthroat nervously, hands up.

She turns to Kid Kinetic "I don't know how you got wrapped up with this idiot... or those." she said referring to Depthcharge and Moth Maiden "But I would suggest you DON'T interfere with the PSIONs or they will treat you the same way they will trea..."

"Too late." grimaced Cutthroat.

Marionette bristled then walked past the group, ignoring Ian and Matt who tried to speak to her. She placed her hands on the hull of the Valkyrie. "Hey!" shouted Johnson, what are you...

Marionette seemed to flow over the surface of the Valkyrie, covering it with a gleaming new metal and her own body vanishing! The Valkyrie was transformed, wings extending, engines growing, the plating on the outside having a metallic scale like look to it.

"What is she doing?" shouted Ian, moving over to the ship.

"Get everyone on board kid. Time to go, and by go, I mean, UP THERE!" he said, pointing to the sky.

The gathered group didn't need telling twice! Kid Kinetic moved up front with Johnson and goggled at the transformed instrumentation, the whole ship transformed! A screen flickered and Marionettes face appeared. "You're an Earthling so won't know the PSION layout. Here." the Instruments changed and Johnson breathed a sigh of relief. "We must get off this planet. The PSIONs will be drawn here like flies if they find someone who has resisted them!"

Johnson spluttered. "But how?"

"Auto pilot engaged. Tell everyone to strap in." muttered Marionette on the screen.

The Valkyrie roared up, pressing everyone down with massive Gs as it rotated and tilted then shot forward and up! It was smooth and FAST! Johnson muttered "I can barely even hear the engines but the speed...!"

Despite the speedometer on the head up display suggesting thousands of miles per hour and increasing rapidly, there was no sonic boom and Cutthroat called out "Told ya she'd come through for us!"

On the screen Marionette muttered "Tell that idiot to shut up or I will flush the passenger compartment!"

Johnson glanced at Kid Kinetic. "Best strap yourself in kid!" he said with a nod to the co-pilot seat.

"That's MY seat!" shouted Ian from the passenger compartment.

Johnson shook his head and readied to 'punch it' ... and did so. The blue sky of the Earth gave way to darkness and the void of space, yet gravity was maintained somehow!

"PSIONs detected from beyond the orbit of the moon. Three craft, Epsilon Class, incoming." said Marionettes robotic voice.

"Can we outrun them?" asked Johnson.

"What course?" replied the robotic female voice.

"ANY course! Get us out of here!" said Johnson, seeing the screen with a dot behind and three moving to head them off!

"Can we out run them... " muttered Marionette. "I picked up an earth term. 'Hold my beer'."

The stars stretched, lengthened... then VANISHED!!!

OOC End of Issue #1

I'll award Hp and you may want to have a look over the character sheet to see what could do with a boost.

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Kid-Kinetic-v2-proposed

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 24 2020, 09:57

OOC 136HP is the award. The Opposition was Superior, No Critical Points, Temporary NonFatal consequences affecting the State (34HP) awarded for:
Participation
Role playing well
Saving Innocent Bystanders
Thwarting the plot of the opposition
+ A miscellaneous award for going with the GMs steering of the story to an off world type Guardians of the Galaxy type scenario, possibly not what you signed up for!!!

With the extra 34 for that you now have 170HP

You don't have enough HP to boost Dex which is the obvious one (and have to increase Superspeed too because it's linked)

Body for 60HP is advised (from 7 to 8)
Increasing Martial Artist from 3 to 4 for 70HP gives you an extra die to roll in combat when attacking. Useful!
Boosting Regeneration from 4 to 5 for 70HP is a decent shout
Senses are cheap and you could get something like sonar (feeling vibrations etc) through a hyper sensitive skin to help with being blindsided etc. Base cost would be 100HP and each point would cost 20HP up to 8 APs. Some other senses are cheaper.

Or you could save a pile of HP and in the next adventure I am aware this has been a LOOOONNNNNNGGGG gaming session so it will be a short issue (relatively) of 5-6 pages rather than nigh on 10. With the awards being what they are I would expect that if you didn't spend any HP you'd have pretty much enough to boost Dex up to 10. Your call.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Fri Nov 27 2020, 17:31

OOC Is there a table with the costs?

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30 2020, 11:12

OOC The game uses Factor Costs from 1 to 10 (and sometimes higher!) so I'll list the costs for KK's attributes powers and skills in red in the following then list the table with costs below...

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Kid-Kinetic-v2-proposed

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 Increasing-attributes

Don't know if this will work but here goes...

Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 360
Kid Kinetic issue #1 - Junk food is great! - Page 9 361

The Blood of Heroes game is out of print but crops up every now and again on ebay for reasonable money. A couple of months ago I bought a copy for 99p plus shipping (probably about $7.50 delivered in US)

There is a way to download the PDF but I can't/won't post where to find it on a forum. However somewhere out there is a treasure trove of files which people have posted to keep old games alive and it just needs a quick search to find it and sift through, but as I mention, I won't/can't post a link.

In terms of new powers/abilities if you have any idea what you'd like Kid Kinetic to get i can find what the nearest fit it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Tue Dec 01 2020, 01:55

It is very similar to DC Heroes 3rd edition. Could Kid Kinetic raise his Dexterity and linked Superspeed from 9 to 10 at a cost of 105 hero points? This would leave him with 65 hero points. 170 - 105 = 65.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Dec 01 2020, 03:26

It's what the game was actually based off of, with the removal of DC characters and background.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 02 2020, 18:05

pabrandon wrote:It is very similar to DC Heroes 3rd edition. Could Kid Kinetic raise his Dexterity and linked Superspeed from 9 to 10 at a cost of 105 hero points? This would leave him with 65 hero points. 170 - 105 = 65.

OOC Because it is linked you need to raise the Attribute and linked powers/skills with it by the same amount. Therefore 105HP for Dex, 90HP for Superspeed (it's linked with a FC6 reduced from 8) meaning 195HP should do it.

I'd save a bunch and you can get it when this (shorter) issue finishes. As mentioned most first adventures are a short one to get things going and you've had a long one (10 pages) so next one is 5-6 so maybe done by... January End?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pabrandon Thu Dec 03 2020, 02:42

OOC: Ah, I see! I will save the HP to use later.

pabrandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9