The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!"

3 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!"

Post  Admin Tue Nov 02 2021, 08:41

"What are you doing?" asked Captain Ureyev as he stood behind Viktoriya.

She straightened and turned. The others had left their shift and the night shift had started but Viktoriya - still filthy and smelly from another time in the 'hole' - had worked non stop at her desk as if possessed.

She explained that she wanted to help the cause better and so must drive herself to better efforts, that Mother Russia deserved only her very best and any less was unacceptable.

Ureyev smiled. "I knew you would break. They all do. Ten more minutes and go clean yourself up. Mother Russia does indeed demand and expect your best, and you look like a vagrant." he sniffed "And smell like a pig." He sneered and strode off to bully another scientist.

Viktoriya turned to the table. She'd moved from workstation to workstation gathering what she needed and analysing things, measuring amounts and adjusting them of various chemicals, proteins and powders. She glanced about then moved her coat to where a blood sample had been hidden.

Pouring specific amounts into the blood, she mixed them then put them on the burner. Glancing at the clock she saw time ticking down. She'd been told ten minutes by Ureyev. The man was cruel, evil and scum, but he was also fastidious about time keeping amongst other things. he'd have her dragged away and hosed down in ten minutes, for sure. Or rather three minutes. Where did the time go? She wiped sweat from her eyes and concentrated. A mistake, a misstep... it would all go wrong and leave her frothing at the mouth and thrashing around in her death throes!

She glanced up. Ureyev had turned at the far side of the room and checked his watch then looked up. She could feel his eyes on her.

She looked at the beaker. The mixture was drying now, into a paste. Wait... She looked up. He was making his way over...

Not ready yet. Just... another few minutes! She glanced again. He was closer, then a soldier snapped to attention in front of him and the pair were talking. Viktoriya saw him glance in her direction.

She looked back at the beaker, noting the temperature. Dare she turn up the heat? What, and risk ruining yet another batch? She looked about the workstation with dozens of wasted batches sat about. She'd be punished for not leaving it clean too. A glance... Ureyev had finished with the soldier and was march over, two guards flanking him...

He would be here within a minute. She leaned in to check the beaker.

Come on! The crystallisation process was not... wait! Now!

She grasped the beaker, hissed at the heat on her hands and poured some solution into a tablet presser, like tongs but designed to press the substance into the shape of a tablet. Dusting the residue into a pile and putting a handkerchief on top of it, she opened the presser. Would it collapse and crystallise hard like the other samples, unusable and useless? She waited. More precious seconds.

"I told you ten minutes woman!" barked the Officer from twenty feet away as he marched over. "Disobedience!" he roared, turning about. The scientists at workstations cowed, averting their eyes. They knew what was coming. A beating, stripping, hosing then tossed in the hole. or worse this time. Their dignity was already crushed and their lives were all they had now. Even they didn't feel like living.

"I will show you now what happens to Scientists who do not obey orders!" he roared. "This woman! She shall suffer in front of you all, to teach you!"

Viktoriya looked down at the pristine pink ish pill in her hand. The only one of it's kind. Keyed to her. It would either kill her or ... or something else.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!"

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 03 2021, 13:28

Viktoriya, feeling herself backed into a corner she couldn't get out of, swallowed the pill.

"Better death than this continued humiliations and fear," she thought to herself. "I wonder if I will meet Clark if I die?"

Admin wrote:"What are you doing?" asked Captain Ureyev as he stood behind Viktoriya.

She straightened and turned. The others had left their shift and the night shift had started but Viktoriya - still filthy and smelly from another time in the 'hole' - had worked non stop at her desk as if possessed.

She explained that she wanted to help the cause better and so must drive herself to better efforts, that Mother Russia deserved only her very best and any less was unacceptable.

Ureyev smiled. "I knew you would break. They all do. Ten more minutes and go clean yourself up. Mother Russia does indeed demand and expect your best, and you look like a vagrant." he sniffed "And smell like a pig." He sneered and strode off to bully another scientist.

Viktoriya turned to the table. She'd moved from workstation to workstation gathering what she needed and analysing things, measuring amounts and adjusting them of various chemicals, proteins and powders. She glanced about then moved her coat to where a blood sample had been hidden.

Pouring specific amounts into the blood, she mixed them then put them on the burner. Glancing at the clock she saw time ticking down. She'd been told ten minutes by Ureyev. The man was cruel, evil and scum, but he was also fastidious about time keeping amongst other things. he'd have her dragged away and hosed down in ten minutes, for sure. Or rather three minutes. Where did the time go? She wiped sweat from her eyes and concentrated. A mistake, a misstep... it would all go wrong and leave her frothing at the mouth and thrashing around in her death throes!

She glanced up. Ureyev had turned at the far side of the room and checked his watch then looked up. She could feel his eyes on her.

She looked at the beaker. The mixture was drying now, into a paste. Wait... She looked up. He was making his way over...

Not ready yet. Just... another few minutes! She glanced again. He was closer, then a soldier snapped to attention in front of him and the pair were talking. Viktoriya saw him glance in her direction.

She looked back at the beaker, noting the temperature. Dare she turn up the heat? What, and risk ruining yet another batch? She looked about the workstation with dozens of wasted batches sat about. She'd be punished for not leaving it clean too. A glance... Ureyev had finished with the soldier and was march over, two guards flanking him...

He would be here within a minute. She leaned in to check the beaker.

Come on! The crystallisation process was not... wait! Now!

She grasped the beaker, hissed at the heat on her hands and poured some solution into a tablet presser, like tongs but designed to press the substance into the shape of a tablet. Dusting the residue into a pile and putting a handkerchief on top of it, she opened the presser. Would it collapse and crystallise hard like the other samples, unusable and useless? She waited. More precious seconds.

"I told you ten minutes woman!" barked the Officer from twenty feet away as he marched over. "Disobedience!" he roared, turning about. The scientists at workstations cowed, averting their eyes. They knew what was coming. A beating, stripping, hosing then tossed in the hole. or worse this time. Their dignity was already crushed and their lives were all they had now. Even they didn't feel like living.

"I will show you now what happens to Scientists who do not obey orders!" he roared. "This woman! She shall suffer in front of you all, to teach you!"

Viktoriya looked down at the pristine pink ish pill in her hand. The only one of it's kind. Keyed to her. It would either kill her or ... or something else.  
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 03 2021, 13:28

LIONHEART and YOUNG JUSTICE

"Brains over brawn?" asked Robin. "No problem!" he headed to a nearby console and fished out a small screwdriver, taking off a panel.

"Want me to take a look?" asked Kid Flash.

"Dude, these are ULTRAHUMAN androids we're talking about. Probably faster than you and stronger than me!" said Superboy.

"I can check it out." said Miss Martian, turning invisible then visible again, then changing her appearance to match that of the wall behind.

"This might take a minute." said Robin as he connected wires and crocodile clips inside the computer terminal.

Chances were the base and Atomic Champion already knew they were here and had sent the androids to tie them down. Lionheart glanced at the ceiling. Joins in the walls suggested blast doors of some kind. They would drop them down and an area would fill with gas or worse. In short they'd have to battle who was in this place AND the place itself.

'best to keep moving.' said Saladin.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 03 2021, 13:46

VIKTORIYA VOLKOV/Miss Victory

She swallowed the pill as Ureyev barked and reached for her... and everything went dark!

Distant voices...

'is she waking up?'

'Impossible. My control is absolute. By the time I'm finished she'll forget she was ever a superhero. I've done this three times, mind wiped three so called 'heroes'. They live in suburban bliss right now, unaware they can blast lasers from their eyes, fly or that bullets bounce off them. It's what I do.'

'Well she just moved her hand.'

'What? What did she do?'

'Put something in her mouth. There. Look. A pouch on her belt.'

'Where? Let me see that. What are these? Pills?'

'Let me try one. Might be something fun.'

'Quiet buffoons! I need to go back in there, sort this out before... uh oh. Something's happening...'

=========

Ureyev grasped Viktoriya up from the floor where she'd fallen, foaming at the mouth!

"Stupid woman! Now you will suffer as no one else has... arggh!"

Viktoriya grasped his wrist and squeezed, eliciting the cry! She opened her eyes and Backhanded the cruel Russian Captain across the room! Such strength, coursing through her! She grew, swelled out, became ... more...!

The guards started for her but she grasped one rifle, bent it at a strange angle then swung rifle and wielder at the other guard! With a crash they tumbled in a heap!

Suddenly an alarm blared and she looked at the large one way mirror that oversaw the room. These scientists... all would suffer unless she helped them escape!

Leaping to the high wall side walkway running around and overlooking the room she crashed through the one way mirror and landed in the control room, seeing for the first time the dozens of soviet scientists and agents that oversaw the project. Guards levelled guns at her but she moved - easily - between their shots and closed the distance in a blink of an eye, pounding them against the wall behind with a shove, seeing them slide down unconscious!

Something sparked inside Viktoriya's head 'Clark is your husband. You met him when you fled to Europe then in England at a science show. He courted you and you moved to America with him. You married him. He's your husband. You escape from this place and go to the science expo where you meet him in a hotel in Prague. If you don't you'll never meet him. You never freed the scientists...'

What? She glanced back into the room at the dozens of petrified scientists. Something was messing with her memories. If she made the wrong move right now she might be steered down a path which never happened and might - just might - mean she never became... Miss Victory!

========

'I think I have her! Just... a little more pushing...' said a voice from somewhere.

'Should I drop a truck on her?'

'What?'

'Squish her, like a bug.'

'Are you insane? She's an ULTRAHUMAN. We got an inside guy, says she not to be tackled physically. Way too tough! Let Hallucinator do his thing...'

Viktoriya heard something from somewhere. Who? What? And what was that about an 'inside guy'...?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 03 2021, 20:10

Admin wrote:LIONHEART and YOUNG JUSTICE

'best to keep moving.' said Saladin.

Lionheart nodded, despite himself. "Common, I think you guys are right, if we go up against these things we might end up trapped here or worse. Speed is our ally, so let's move it, people."

Lionheart wasn't about to try and give the kid speedster a run for his money, literally. But he wasn't above grabbing the slower ones and legging it as they said in England.

OOC: OK let's try and keep ourselves moving, and try and gain some ground.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 04 2021, 08:53

Never having heard the name Hallucinator before, Miss Victory realized that she was being attacked somehow. Either mentally or thrown in time or ... something. She attempted to lash back with her mind and with her body, failing at anyone nearby, if she could.

Admin wrote:VIKTORIYA VOLKOV/Miss Victory

She swallowed the pill as Ureyev barked and reached for her... and everything went dark!

Distant voices...

'is she waking up?'

'Impossible. My control is absolute. By the time I'm finished she'll forget she was ever a superhero. I've done this three times, mind wiped three so called 'heroes'. They live in suburban bliss right now, unaware they can blast lasers from their eyes, fly or that bullets bounce off them. It's what I do.'

'Well she just moved her hand.'

'What? What did she do?'

'Put something in her mouth. There. Look. A pouch on her belt.'

'Where? Let me see that. What are these? Pills?'

'Let me try one. Might be something fun.'

'Quiet buffoons! I need to go back in there, sort this out before... uh oh. Something's happening...'

=========

Ureyev grasped Viktoriya up from the floor where she'd fallen, foaming at the mouth!

"Stupid woman! Now you will suffer as no one else has... arggh!"

Viktoriya grasped his wrist and squeezed, eliciting the cry! She opened her eyes and Backhanded the cruel Russian Captain across the room! Such strength, coursing through her! She grew, swelled out, became ... more...!

The guards started for her but she grasped one rifle, bent it at a strange angle then swung rifle and wielder at the other guard! With a crash they tumbled in a heap!

Suddenly an alarm blared and she looked at the large one way mirror that oversaw the room. These scientists... all would suffer unless she helped them escape!

Leaping to the high wall side walkway running around and overlooking the room she crashed through the one way mirror and landed in the control room, seeing for the first time the dozens of soviet scientists and agents that oversaw the project. Guards levelled guns at her but she moved - easily - between their shots and closed the distance in a blink of an eye, pounding them against the wall behind with a shove, seeing them slide down unconscious!

Something sparked inside Viktoriya's head 'Clark is your husband. You met him when you fled to Europe then in England at a science show. He courted you and you moved to America with him. You married him. He's your husband. You escape from this place and go to the science expo where you meet him in a hotel in Prague. If you don't you'll never meet him. You never freed the scientists...'

What? She glanced back into the room at the dozens of petrified scientists. Something was messing with her memories. If she made the wrong move right now she might be steered down a path which never happened and might - just might - mean she never became... Miss Victory!

========

'I think I have her! Just... a little more pushing...' said a voice from somewhere.

'Should I drop a truck on her?'

'What?'

'Squish her, like a bug.'

'Are you insane? She's an ULTRAHUMAN. We got an inside guy, says she not to be tackled physically. Way too tough! Let Hallucinator do his thing...'

Viktoriya heard something from somewhere. Who? What? And what was that about an 'inside guy'...?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 09 2021, 20:03

The group moved from where they'd been, Lionheart using his danger sense as a 'don't go this way, go that way' type indicator.

"But I think we should go THAT way." said Robin. "I think if we get to the computer mainframe centre - which will be in the most defended part of the complex, probably in the middle - we can start the process of reprogramming the computers and..."

"Dude." said Superboy. "you said it yourself. Most Defended. We'll totally get our asses kicked. Remember the pay grade thing? The Ultrahumans and their bad guys are above it. Us. I know what I meant."

"You scared?" countered Robin. "Because just to remind you, clone of the original Superman, I'm the grandson of the original Batman and have like, no powers, only training..."

"...that's been going on since you were four years old." countered Superboy. "I'm just saying we should be smart about who we pick our fights with."

"Makes sense to me. Say, could we swing by the canteen area? I get peckish when I use my speed." said Kid Flash.

The green skinned girl rolled her eyes. "Always the food. One day it'll catch up with you. I mean, come on, we ordered six family sized pizzas for the team and you ate four of them."

"AND the one he left had anchovies on." muttered Robin.

"Who likes anchovies? Which idiot ordered them?" countered Kid Flash.

The teenagers continued to bicker as Lionheart got his bearings. They'd been walking/jogging for a few minutes and he'd figured out that the cameras - whilst active all the time and pointing in a wide well placed angle along every corridor - were not always being watched by someone. When his danger sense was being set off by some cameras and not others his super genius intellect had quickly figured that out and they'd made good progress.

The problem was... to where? The computer centre, likely heavily defended but maybe the key to upsetting Atomic Champions' plans and regaining control of this place... The Ultrahumans Core sanctum, where Atomic Champion was likely to be ... or... or perhaps the vaults several levels below. A small prison facility where super heroes caught inside the place when it was locked down were likely to have been taken.

Just then his danger sense told him something was...

What? He spun about. There was nothing...

"Interesting."

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 4 Savage10

About twenty feet away a crouching man appeared. He'd not been there only seconds before - Lionheart's senses were superhuman and covered a wide spectrum of types - visible, audible and more besides...

OOC I'm having trouble seeing images hosted on postimage.org which is the one I use by default. Hopefully it'll sort itself out but that includes character sheets as well as forum headings and so on.

"Yeah. This is Savager. I found em. What I wanna know is... how did YOU find ME?" he snarled at Lionheart.

"Great! Action at last!" said Robin.

"Don't go hogging it all like you usually do!" shouted Kid Flash.

"Get behind me, all of you!" said Superboy.

"Remember our training!" said Miss Martian, and she promptly vanished!

"It was Anchovies." snarled the newcomer. "I smelled anchovies, and tracked it."

"Ooops." said Superboy. "What can I say? I like Anchovies!"

There was a HISS down the corridor and CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP of heavy metal feet as half a dozen tall powerful looking robots stepped into view!

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 4 Hammer-drones

"Tell ya what." snarled the crouched man. "You surrender, Limey, and I'll make sure they don't hurt the kids. Too much." he cackled.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 09 2021, 20:13

VIKTORIYA VOLKOV/Miss Victory

Viktoriya shook her head. There was a mental fog, some kind of ... attack going on, that made her thoughts jumbled, mixing things up that had happened, with memories that were being changed, twisted, as if to convince her mind that the new memories were the actual events and the real events that were as dreams that vanish like smoke when you try to grasp them!

Clark. Clark Wylde. Her Husband. They'd met at a science expo, met again in Britain, a whirlwind romance, they'd married and moved to America where she'd perfected the vita pill and the process that gave her vast superhuman abilities and she was...

She opened her eyes.

She was Miss Victory!

"She's awake."

"I can see that."

"Hallucinator! You gonna put her under or... uh oh..."

Miss Victory groaned. Everything ached, but that was starting to fade as the vita pill she'd just taken fired through her body, igniting specific synapses and turning her body into something that would dwarf the power output of a nuclear power station!

With an acrobatic flip to her feet into a crouched fighting stance she looked about.

The floating man she'd seen before. Hallucinator... was there still. Except he looked flustered, uncertain and was starting to drift away in the air, backing off. All around her she saw smashed buildings. Signs of a fight. Even unconscious her thrashing about could cause huge damage! There were three men in orange jumpsuits, one of whom was huge and hulking, nigh on seven feet tall and just as wide with muscle piled on muscle!

The other two were average height, looked to be in the late thirties, unshaven, and recently released from a supermax villain penitentiary!

"How's it gonna go girl?" snarled the big man. "Looks like we get ta have some fun after all boys!" he cackled.

"Restrain her! I'll put her under again!" squeaked the villain she knew as Hallucinator!

No! If he managed to do that, she might forget ever having gotten super powers, or becoming Miss Victory!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 10 2021, 09:14

Admin wrote:"Tell ya what." snarled the crouched man. "You surrender, Limey, and I'll make sure they don't hurt the kids. Too much." he cackled.

Lionheart knew that this was a do or die moment and he wasn't about to die or leave these young heroes to their fate and rush on to his. So mentally he prepared himself the robots Superboy could take with Kid speedster setting up interference the others could help where the heavy hitters might get tangled up, providing support. But this...hunter before him, Lionheart would have to take a swipe out. Using his considerable mind powers first if not strength and speed second.

But worried him more, was that by searching for a possible way in to where the traitor had gotten to, they ran the risk of just being worn down by a succession of enemies who might at some stage get the better of them. But without backup, what chance did they have against the Nuclear empowered backstabber?

That would have to wait for now, barking out his orders, Lionheart gave this cocky villain his answer with the mind blast that roared at him in his distinct Lion like blast.

OOC: OK mindblast on the sabbertooth wanna be. Go for Devastating attack and put all into it - as I don't want to leave the others exposed to the robots for too long. As I said in my thoughts above, so I direct Super Boy, Kid Flash and the others to go on the offensive.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 10 2021, 13:06

"I don't have time to fool around with the Three Stooges," Miss Victory snarls at the trio. "Your compatriots have launched nuclear missiles heading this way. And thanks to you three I may have missed stopping them. So get out of my way!"

With that, she scoops up some debris or small car that's nearby and hurls it Hallucinator to try to keep him from continuing to mess with her mind. Then checks to see where the missile is and if she can still catch it and destroy it. She will ignore the other two if she can get to the missile in time.

Admin wrote:VIKTORIYA VOLKOV/Miss Victory

Viktoriya shook her head. There was a mental fog, some kind of ... attack going on, that made her thoughts jumbled, mixing things up that had happened, with memories that were being changed, twisted, as if to convince her mind that the new memories were the actual events and the real events that were as dreams that vanish like smoke when you try to grasp them!

Clark. Clark Wylde. Her Husband. They'd met at a science expo, met again in Britain, a whirlwind romance, they'd married and moved to America where she'd perfected the vita pill and the process that gave her vast superhuman abilities and she was...

She opened her eyes.

She was Miss Victory!

"She's awake."

"I can see that."

"Hallucinator! You gonna put her under or... uh oh..."

Miss Victory groaned. Everything ached, but that was starting to fade as the vita pill she'd just taken fired through her body, igniting specific synapses and turning her body into something that would dwarf the power output of a nuclear power station!

With an acrobatic flip to her feet into a crouched fighting stance she looked about.

The floating man she'd seen before. Hallucinator... was there still. Except he looked flustered, uncertain and was starting to drift away in the air, backing off. All around her she saw smashed buildings. Signs of a fight. Even unconscious her thrashing about could cause huge damage! There were three men in orange jumpsuits, one of whom was huge and hulking, nigh on seven feet tall and just as wide with muscle piled on muscle!

The other two were average height, looked to be in the late thirties, unshaven, and recently released from a supermax villain penitentiary!

"How's it gonna go girl?" snarled the big man. "Looks like we get ta have some fun after all boys!" he cackled.

"Restrain her! I'll put her under again!" squeaked the villain she knew as Hallucinator!

No! If he managed to do that, she might forget ever having gotten super powers, or becoming Miss Victory!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12 2021, 12:59

Pointing to the robots advancing down the corridor Lionheart barked "Sort those out!" and unleashed his own 'energy lion' on the crouching feral villain who - Lionheart noted - left claw and nail marks in the metal floor with the merest brush of a hand!

OOC Would normally be Splitting attack with 2 Dice and 3 dice on defence (standard) unless you say otherwise. You say 'all in' so 4 dice and 1 die for defence. Devastating Attack.

Mind Blast 15 + 4D + Roll(6d12)+0: 11,8,6,3,9,10,+0 Total:21 (high roll no doubles) (36) vs
OV8 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,9,+0 Total:17 (33) Hit +2 (to 17EV) vs RV22 - 12 (Dev Attack) so RV9=8 RAPs damage. Savager is on Mind 5/13

Despite a staggeringly powerful mind blast that would flatten most opponents Lionheart sees the villain grunt, twist his head and shrug it off? Aside from the trickle of blood from his nose and bloodshot eyes, the villain still appears active!

"I don't... know who you are or how you... did that..." he breathes, clearly affected. "I'm supposed to be immune to mental attacks! Still, you won't get a second chance!"

OOC He leaps at Lionheart with a Critical blow

First off, Adrenaline surge on Dex.

Go for Broke +2/-3

Adren Surge 22 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,11,+0 Total:17 (39) vs
Dex 15 + GFB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,12,+0 Total:20 (39). Success. Just. +0EV (to 22) vs RV15 - 6 (GFB)=12 RAPs.

Dex 27 + M Arts 4D + Roll(6d12)+0: 3,9,9,9,8,6,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,9,+0 Total:37 (64) vs
OV26 + 1D Acrobatics + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(3d12)+0: 6,6,9,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,8,+0 Total:31 (61) Hit + 2 (to 27 EV) vs RV22 - 6 (Crit Blow) so RV16=11 RAPs.

Lionheart is on Body 2/13. This is Killing Combat. If you drop to zero Body or lower you will start to die.

With speed best described as 'on a par with his own' Lionheart is caught by claws that could - in theory - cut through anything! He sees blood droplets spray from his body and the inhuman speed the villain used shows him as a blur of motion!

Lionheart staggers back a few steps. That might have been one of the most powerful hits he'd EVER taken, especially since he merged with Saladin!

Speaking of which, Saladin hissed 'Your strength and speed should be enough to finish this cretin, King! Use them! Or you'll get us BOTH killed!'

"That..." said the villain, glancing at the blood on his claws. "Should not have happened."

"How can you resist my claws? They compare favourably to Adamantium and Promethium! No one, save perhaps the accursed Thunder Woman and her mate Silver Sentinel, ever withstood a blow from me before!" snarls the villain who seems a mixture of pure anger and confusion. It's clear he expected to put you down with a single blow and that result was NOT what he expected!

"Your speed..." muttered the Villain. "I ask again, foe, WHO ARE YOU?" he roared.

OOC You have 222HP. You can absorb some damage (click on the gaming tables link at the bottom of this post and reference the Blue column for last ditch defence costs) or hope/trust the dice will be kind next round and you can put this guy down. Meanwhile...

Superboy leads the assault against the robots! He lands a crushing blow that CLANGS against the chest of a robot and sends it staggering backwards! "Young Justice! Att...oooof!"

The Robot levels an arm which opens at the end to reveal a wide barrel! That FWASHES! a beam of energy that catches Superboy and sends him bouncing down the corridor back to where Young Justice was sprinting towards the robots!

"Kon!" shouted an invisible voice from somewhere.

"Keep moving! These things are too big to fight side by side!" shouted Robin.

Kid Flash was a blur, running towards the robots then weaving and turning around to sprint to Superboys' side! he weaves, dodges, ducks and avoids the blasts that zap at him! "ComeondudegetupIcan'tkeepdodgingthesetincans!"

Robin tosses a grenade which fills the corridor with gas, then throws something else, which beeps ever more rapidly...

FFFFFWANG!

There is a flash of electrical light and crackling as an EMP goes off! The lights in the place suddenly wink out, plunging the corridor into darkness! Despite his vast repertoire of powers Lionheart can see no better than anyone else!

"Dude!" shouted Kid Flash. "I can't see!"

"I can..." grunted Superboy as he staggered to his feet!

It was pitch black - too dark to see whether the robots were affected! However...

"Can you see, Lion man?" asked Savager. "I can." he cackled.

OOC Lionheart wins initiative. This is a very dangerous opponent in case you hadn't guessed!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 12 2021, 13:29

MISS VICTORY

Scooping up a small Hyundai Miss Victory flicked it at Hallucinator without stopping to see if it struck before she flipped her energy and raced off!

"Get her!"

"I'm...."

"She'd too..."

"Gone!" said the villains in her wake!

The world became blur to Miss Victory as she blasted across the landscape running faster than the eye could follow! Mindful of environmental effects she still had to consider the fact that if the missile struck it would kill most superhumans and quite a few ordinary humans within its vast range!

New York would be effectively devoid of Superhuman life. Thousands of innocent casualties whose genetic codes fell into the missile's effect range.

And it had a head start.

There was a KRAKA BOOM! behind her as she sped up, tearing through fields and across roads, up hills and through woodland even as she winced at the trees bending in her wake, the fields setting alight and the asphalt melting!

=========

A hand pulled at the Hyundai and Hallucinator blinked as daylight shone down on him. He glanced about, fearful, then regained his composure. "You dolts! You let her escape!"

"Let...? That broad was WAY off our pay scale dude!" snarled one of the villains. "I'm GLAD she's gone! I thought you had her trapped in her own little happy world? What happened to 'I'll make her forget she ever had superpowers' crap you spout all the time?"

"You dare question my... urk!" started Hallucinator as a hand grabbed his throat and hoisted him into the air. He started turning blue as the big escaped villain grinned at him. "Way I see it, we were here as 'the hired help' and YOU told Nexus and those other bad hombres that you would be able to stop any attempt on the missile. That means they are comin' after YOU when the dust settles if that Super Bitch stops the missile!"

Hallucinator, now purple, kicked and thrashed feebly as the hand squeezed... then released!

Breathing hard, gasping, he crashed to the floor and thrashed about like a fish, clutching his neck. The big villain stood. "You guys... if anyone is near that bomb when it goes off, best you get is loss of powers. Worst?" he pulled a finger over his throat. "Sayonara suckers!" he declared and leapt away!

The other two glanced at each other, with one turning to run off and another flying away!

Hallucinator, gasping for breath, gurgled and rolled to his knees. They'd pay! Oh how they'd... oh. The bomb. He staggered to his feet and looked around the place for a taxi!

OOC the missile has a SUBSTANTIAL head start on Miss Victory. How fast are you willing to travel to try and catch it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Nov 12 2021, 15:11

Admin wrote:"Can you see, Lion man?" asked Savager. "I can." he cackled.

OOC Lionheart wins initiative. This is a very dangerous opponent in case you hadn't guessed!

OOC: Wow when stuff like this happens I am always curious to see what you'd do if I did drop to 0 and what the outcome would be. Would I be mourning a death or would something else happen? It's never been the case, for some time, that I've been hit so badly. Well, it's the big leagues now. I'm going to switch to dex and martial arts, and use my sense of smell, hearing and danger sense etc, to find my way about as best as I can. And use my power reserve to keep me alive to beat this punk down before the others get hammered by the robots.

As for last-ditch, I'll use 55 HP to bring me right back up.

Lionheart inwardly nodded to Saladin, 'Heard and understood' he said in thought too fast for words to utter. Then summoning on his great reserves of power, power he was going to need he increased his abilities around speed, agility and put them back into his fists, to try and finish this.

OOC: OK again with Dev attack on this dude.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 12 2021, 18:32

ooc: Leaping might be better than running. Less damage to the ground and people on the ground. So .. max out if she can with the leaping.

Admin wrote:MISS VICTORY

Scooping up a small Hyundai Miss Victory flicked it at Hallucinator without stopping to see if it struck before she flipped her energy and raced off!

"Get her!"

"I'm...."

"She'd too..."

"Gone!" said the villains in her wake!

The world became blur to Miss Victory as she blasted across the landscape running faster than the eye could follow! Mindful of environmental effects she still had to consider the fact that if the missile struck it would kill most superhumans and quite a few ordinary humans within its vast range!

New York would be effectively devoid of Superhuman life. Thousands of innocent casualties whose genetic codes fell into the missile's effect range.

And it had a head start.

There was a KRAKA BOOM! behind her as she sped up, tearing through fields and across roads, up hills and through woodland even as she winced at the trees bending in her wake, the fields setting alight and the asphalt melting!

=========

A hand pulled at the Hyundai and Hallucinator blinked as daylight shone down on him. He glanced about, fearful, then regained his composure. "You dolts! You let her escape!"

"Let...? That broad was WAY off our pay scale dude!" snarled one of the villains. "I'm GLAD she's gone! I thought you had her trapped in her own little happy world? What happened to 'I'll make her forget she ever had superpowers' crap you spout all the time?"

"You dare question my... urk!" started Hallucinator as a hand grabbed his throat and hoisted him into the air. He started turning blue as the big escaped villain grinned at him. "Way I see it, we were here as 'the hired help' and YOU told Nexus and those other bad hombres that you would be able to stop any attempt on the missile. That means they are comin' after YOU when the dust settles if that Super Bitch stops the missile!"

Hallucinator, now purple, kicked and thrashed feebly as the hand squeezed... then released!

Breathing hard, gasping, he crashed to the floor and thrashed about like a fish, clutching his neck. The big villain stood. "You guys... if anyone is near that bomb when it goes off, best you get is loss of powers. Worst?" he pulled a finger over his throat. "Sayonara suckers!" he declared and leapt away!

The other two glanced at each other, with one turning to run off and another flying away!

Hallucinator, gasping for breath, gurgled and rolled to his knees. They'd pay! Oh how they'd... oh. The bomb. He staggered to his feet and looked around the place for a taxi!

OOC the missile has a SUBSTANTIAL head start on Miss Victory. How fast are you willing to travel to try and catch it?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 17 2021, 11:29

LIONHEART

OOC I've long held it in my thoughts that death in comics is unnecessary. The world is perilous enough without introducing it into something we do for fun. That said there is a strong element of risk and peril and an 'out of the park' roll or deadly situation might lead to a characters' demise... and yet how many times have we seen in comics that characters return? Some should stay dead, because to bring them back lessens the impact that their passing made. Others shouldn't have died in the first place. At some point I expect every character who passes in the comic books to be brought back, so they are simply 'shelved' for a while. We model this game on the comic books so I wouldn't normally expect death to be the final frontier, simply another hurdle to overcome.

No one is immortal though, so don't get complacent! Laughing

LIONHEART spends 55HP (if you want to soak up the final point it will cost you another 11HP) and is on 167HP leaving him on Body 12/13

Rolling with the blow as best he could Lionheart grunted but toughed it out!

The 'Savager' was about to speak again when the world slowed down.

With it being pitch black (almost) Lionheart knew his normally impeccable aim would be hampered but took a swing anyway!

OOC Lionheart AV26 (Superspeed+power reserve) + 3D M Arts (2D Defence) + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,10,3,8,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:35 (61) vs
OV15 + 2D Defence (2D Attack) + Dev Attack 8 + Darkness 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 4,2,11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
5,9,+0 Total:36 (63) Attack Missed!

Astonishingly, Lionheart swung and the opponent with lightning fast reflexes ducked aside! Rueful, Lionheart knew the darkness had hampered his aim and braced himself for a return blow!

OOC Adren Surge on Dex 22 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,9,+0 Total:21 (43) vs
OV15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9 (24) +6 (to 28EV) vs 15=13 RAPs

Dex boosts to 28 + 2D M arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 9,8,9,7,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:26 (54) vs
OV26 + Crit Blow 4 + 2D Defence + Roll(4d12)+0: 5,9,1,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:30 (60) Attack Missed!

Robin, with night vision lenses in place, saw only a blur as the two ultrapowerful opponents duked it out! he had to admit they were WAY ouot of their league here and the best tactic would be to retreat and strike again from the shadows or a more advantageous position!

"Young Justice! We can't win this fight! We need to go!" he barked.

"What?Wegotthisdon'tsweatitbutwhoturnedoutthe... offf!"

Kid Flash raced about and a sudden burst of light from an energy beam lancing out towards Superboy blinded him! He stumbled and covered his face only to run headlong into an outstretched arm with a CLANG! The arm didn't give... but something on Kid Flashs' face did!

The poleaxed youngster spun in the air and crashed to the floor, tumbling over and over before thudding against the wall. He tried to rise but with a grunt sagged, face down!

More light beams went off as the robots marched on Superboy, an obvious threat! He faced two of them down and left a dent as his fist came away.

"What are these things made of?" he shouted. "I hit them, they bend, then it pops right back out again!"

"Promethium, or a variant!" shouted Robin as he went on the defensive, the Robot he faced having fired off round after round of incapacitating rubber bullets from its arm! "It uses the energy from your attack to heal itself!"

"Then how... uhhh!"

A robotic hand clamped on Superboys' head and squeezed! Then it started to glow as he used his heat vision!

Meanwhile with the battlefield lit up sporadically from the blasts Lionheart faced off against his foe... who frowned and twisted to the side!

"Who... ah. The girl." muttered Savager. "SURRENDER, 'hero' NOW!" snarled Savager to Lionheart. "Or I turn my 'attentions' to the children!"

"He's too fast!" said a disembodied voice near Lionheart and Savager. "And he can see me, somehow!"

OOC Lionheart HP 167

In times of stress supers quite often figure out new ways to do things... Lionheart has an array of senses but doesn't see in the dark any better than anyone else. Unless... he adds something like Thermal Vision (Cost 50HP plus 10HP per AP up to 8 ) or Ultra Vision (Cost 100HP, plus 10HP per AP up to 8 ) or Sonar (Cost 100HP plus 20HP per point up to 8 ). The last would be quite logical seeing as his hearing is incredibly sharp (but pretty useless in a combat situation otherwise with all this racket going on).

Lionheart wins initiative (the day he doesn't you know he's REALLY up against it)

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 17 2021, 12:00; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 17 2021, 11:58

MISS VICTORY

Switching from running to leaping and following the now distant trail through the sky Miss V covered miles... tens, HUNDREDs of miles, with every leap! She still couldn't... no wait. There!

Seeing a dot in the distance and altering her course, the Maiden of Might adjusted her leap and was soon only a few bounds behind the missile, albeit 10 miles or so below it!

OOC Miss Victory Int 8 + Scientist 3D + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,11,9,8,3,+0 Total:20(28) vs
Ov6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (19) Success +4 (to 12 Will) vs RV6=6 RAPs

1) The missile is intended to kill (or at least neutralise) the Ultrahumans and every other superhuman/super powered individual within range.
2-3) It doesn't discriminate. The energy it lets off irradiates all of those cells considered 'more than human' and destroys them. However the nature of humans in our Vanguard universe means that many have unrealised abilities (and they never will, unless they are bitten by a radioactive Moose or whatever) which means - very probably - thousands of ordinary people will be killed in its blast radius.
4-6) The missile itself was designed by people who realised that superhumans may try to stop its use. Therefore when activated (and in flight, as this is) the missile will give off a certain amount of very harmful background radiation that is designed to stop and dissipate the energy superhumans use to break the laws of physics. Laser beams from the eyes stop short of it, Strength levels drop to ordinary human levels, flight cuts out and so on. The main weakness this thing has is magic, or the energy type we call magic, because it comes from a different source than a superhuman who has been irradiate/zapped/powered up by a near infinite number of sources to gain their powers. Note it doesn't turn off that energy, just severs the link between the human (or close to human) form and the energy to depower and in most cases kill the superpowered target (because of the hard tearing off of the energy from their cells)

All that technobabble means Miss Victory is smart enough and aware of the problems she faces in taking down this missile!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 17 2021, 18:31

Admin wrote:In times of stress supers quite often figure out new ways to do things... Lionheart has an array of senses but doesn't see in the dark any better than anyone else. Unless... he adds something like Thermal Vision (Cost 50HP plus 10HP per AP up to 8 ) or Ultra Vision (Cost 100HP, plus 10HP per AP up to 8 ) or Sonar (Cost 100HP plus 20HP per point up to 8 ). The last would be quite logical seeing as his hearing is incredibly sharp (but pretty useless in a combat situation otherwise with all this racket going on).

Lionheart wins initiative (the day he doesn't you know he's REALLY up against it)[/i][/color]

OOC: OK so I would love Sonar as with danger sense and my Psi powers it fits well, however, the cost means I'd only end up with 3 AP is that worth it? I don't want to spend 160hp (eek nothing much in the bank for later either) and find that the 3 ap it gives me really doesn't make it worthwhile. Otherwise, I guess it's ultravision, which I can take up to 6 points if I spend all I have. But as it stands I guess if I don't do something I am going to struggle to make any kind of a dent here whilst the others get battered to the ground and I am back to square one recruiting allies to take down our traitor. So let's go for the best option and then go for the best go at hitting this fella and knocking him out. At least for now, if he is anything like the Sabertooth he is based off, he'll regen in a split second. But I'll cross that bridge when I and if I come to it.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 19 2021, 10:51

LIONHEART (HP 167)

OOC I have no problems with buying a new power in game so there's that. However I have faith in Lionheart! if he foregoes extra dice to defence and throws EVERYTHING he has into the attack and tries possibly a Critical Blow (instead of Devastating Attack) he will have a better chance of hitting. But ... he may leave himself open to an opponent who fights even better than he does!

Otherwise your options for seeing in the dark are:

Thermal Vision Base Cost 50HP plus 10HP per AP up to 8 - works like D&D Infra Vision so details aren't possible just heat signatures
Ultra Vision Base Cost 100HP, plus 10HP per AP up to 8 - night vision like a Dog or Cat. Or Owl etc.
Sonar Base Cost 100HP plus 20HP per point up to 8 - like a Bat, or Daredevils' sonar sense. Tricky with details even though everyone has a distinct shape but darkness would have no effect on you.

I'd recommend taking a swing with all of your attack dice and none on defence, see what happens. You'll be rolling 7D to attack. That's a good chance of a double, but no guarantee what kind of double (obviously double 1=not good!). Your call.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Nov 19 2021, 12:08

Admin wrote:LIONHEART (HP 167)

I'd recommend taking a swing with all of your attack dice and none on defence, see what happens. You'll be rolling 7D to attack. That's a good chance of a double, but no guarantee what kind of double (obviously double 1=not good!). Your call.[/i][/color]

OOC: OK right you are, critical attack all on attack non on def, let's see if I can lay this sucker out before we all get a beating back to next week.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Nov 20 2021, 08:08

Quickly mulling it over, Miss Victory came up with two ideas.
1. Throw something heavy like a boulder at it from outside its range or something slightly aerodynamic at it.
2. Time her leap to be over it when it saps her powers and land on the thing and hope to be able to hang on long enough to tear out any and all wires or circuits she could get her hands on.

Preferring to keep her powers as long as possible, she decided to try the first option. She looked for any stop signs or single pole road signs. She planned to rip a couple of them out of the ground and slightly bend the signs to make it a bit more aerodynamic and throw them at the missile. If that didn't work, couldn't penetrate the missiie, then she would try hurling boulders at it, ones big enough that she could make an AOE attack on it.

Switching from running to leaping and following the now distant trail through the sky Miss V covered miles... tens, HUNDREDs of miles, with every leap! She still couldn't... no wait. There!

Seeing a dot in the distance and altering her course, the Maiden of Might adjusted her leap and was soon only a few bounds behind the missile, albeit 10 miles or so below it!

OOC Miss Victory Int 8 + Scientist 3D + Roll(5d12)+0: 2,11,9,8,3,+0 Total:20(28) vs
Ov6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (19) Success +4 (to 12 Will) vs RV6=6 RAPs

1) The missile is intended to kill (or at least neutralise) the Ultrahumans and every other superhuman/super powered individual within range.
2-3) It doesn't discriminate. The energy it lets off irradiates all of those cells considered 'more than human' and destroys them. However the nature of humans in our Vanguard universe means that many have unrealised abilities (and they never will, unless they are bitten by a radioactive Moose or whatever) which means - very probably - thousands of ordinary people will be killed in its blast radius.
4-6) The missile itself was designed by people who realised that superhumans may try to stop its use. Therefore when activated (and in flight, as this is) the missile will give off a certain amount of very harmful background radiation that is designed to stop and dissipate the energy superhumans use to break the laws of physics. Laser beams from the eyes stop short of it, Strength levels drop to ordinary human levels, flight cuts out and so on. The main weakness this thing has is magic, or the energy type we call magic, because it comes from a different source than a superhuman who has been irradiate/zapped/powered up by a near infinite number of sources to gain their powers. Note it doesn't turn off that energy, just severs the link between the human (or close to human) form and the energy to depower and in most cases kill the superpowered target (because of the hard tearing off of the energy from their cells)

All that technobabble means Miss Victory is smart enough and aware of the problems she faces in taking down this missile!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24 2021, 09:59

LIONHEART HP 167

Faster than the foe he faced Lionheart still knew he was up against it. This guy could boost his reflexes to a state even to make Lionheart seem slow! A novel - and a dangerous - feeling!

'Concentrate, King! For too long you balance your skills to protect and defend. If you want to survive... ATTACK!' said Saladin inside Lionheart's head!

So he did.

OOC All in, Crit Blow (easier to hit, less damage but better than missing entirely!)

Lionheart Dex 26 + 7D M Arts (0D Defence) + Roll(7d12)+0: 4,10,4,12,8,6,5,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE (not the best let's see what the follow up brings) + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,1,+0 Total:21. Actually worse than simply taking a 10 and 12. Oh well. Total 47 vs
OV15 + 2D Defence (2D Attack) + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(4d12)+0: 12,10,8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,5,+0 Total:22 (41) Success +3 (to 17 EV) vs RV17 - Crit Blow 6 (RV11)=6 RAPs. Absorbed by Kinetic Absorption. NO DAMAGE!

Despite striking dozens of times the savage foe facing him ducked, weaved and avoided the worst of them! Then he started to laugh...

"A wolf... vs a lion... it seems Lion's reputations are overrated!" Savager snarls. "My turn." he hisses!

OOC Adren Surge 22 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,4,+0 Total:15 (37) vs
OV15 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:13 (28) Success +4 (to 26) vs RV15=11 RAPs

CRIT BLOW Dex boosted to 26 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,9,4,8,+0 Total:17 (43) vs
OV26 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,11,+0 Total:21 (51) Missed!

Despite the faster than lightning swipes the savage villain could deliver, Lionheart himself was faster still and avoided those deadly claws which could scythe through his force field!

He glanced at the teens of Young Justice.

Kid Flash was down, dazed, with a robot closing in on him.

Robin was facing off against one which was sparking and crackling with static as the teen tossed every machine nerfing device he could produce from his utility belt, but it seemed to be a holding action (at best!) and he would soon succumb!

Superboy was grappled by two of the robots and one was throwing thousands of volts into the teen! The other still gripped his head but the arm was looking decidedly orange by now as Superboy used Heat Vision to try and escape the grapple!

Another robot was having problems with walking and Lionheart guessed it was the invisible Miss Martian wrapping herself, snake like, around its legs...

That left one more and that waited in the wings to attack Lionheart!

He needed to put this villain down. Clearly hand to hand/melee was the guys speciality and he seemed mentally resistant but... maybe another shot with his mind blast might finish the job?

OOC Initiative to Lionheart. You are at an impasse and the bad guys are beating the youngsters! Mental or Melee...? You can put up to 4 dice in Mental and that leaves 1 die for defence. Or play about with 5 dice in defence as you see fit (so use 1 for mental 4 for defence or whatever). Melee you can use up to five dice in attack. Crit Blow (easier to hit) or Dev Attack (harder to hit, a lot more damage)?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 24 2021, 10:09

MISS VICTORY

Glancing about, Miss Victory moved to rocks at the roadside and hefted one. With her superhuman strength it was difficult to gauge how heavy something was - it pretty much weighed like nothing! Still, it was about the size of an armchair so would have to do!

Turning, she saw the missile had blasted on towards it's target in New York - Ultrahumans HQ!

The villains had sent teams out to stop any interference and their plan had almost worked - only Miss Victory had a chance of stopping this thing now, and she'd almost been taken out by that mentallist!

She leapt into the air, the wake BOOMING as she increased her speed with every powerful leap! Timing it so she was mid leap she switched her vita energy to toss the rock at the missile!

OOC Dex 23 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (30) vs
OV 12 (speed of this thing, much faster than a conventional rocket) + Range (to be safe from the field) 4APs + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,7,+0 Total:19 (35) Missed!

As she landed from her leap Miss Victory stifled a curse. The Missile would be at its target in moments!

Glancing about, she scooped up another rocket and saw the dot that was the missile. She could try again... or she could try to land on it but without her powers she would be but a passenger!

OOC Try again with the rock? Dice stuffed you there but it's still tricky. You can also buy dice to attack with using HP.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Nov 24 2021, 11:06

ooc: Was her telescopic vision added in that roll? I think I would have missed by one if the power hadn't been added in.
Anyways, try again and add some dice in if I have the HP to do so.

Glancing about, Miss Victory moved to rocks at the roadside and hefted one. With her superhuman strength it was difficult to gauge how heavy something was - it pretty much weighed like nothing! Still, it was about the size of an armchair so would have to do!

Turning, she saw the missile had blasted on towards it's target in New York - Ultrahumans HQ!

The villains had sent teams out to stop any interference and their plan had almost worked - only Miss Victory had a chance of stopping this thing now, and she'd almost been taken out by that mentallist!

She leapt into the air, the wake BOOMING as she increased her speed with every powerful leap! Timing it so she was mid leap she switched her vita energy to toss the rock at the missile!

OOC Dex 23 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,5,+0 Total:7 (30) vs
OV 12 (speed of this thing, much faster than a conventional rocket) + Range (to be safe from the field) 4APs + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,7,+0 Total:19 (35) Missed!

As she landed from her leap Miss Victory stifled a curse. The Missile would be at its target in moments!

Glancing about, she scooped up another rocket and saw the dot that was the missile. She could try again... or she could try to land on it but without her powers she would be but a passenger!

OOC Try again with the rock? Dice stuffed you there but it's still tricky. You can also buy dice to attack with using HP.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 29 2021, 14:39

OOC You're right, missed Telescopic vision. You missed by 1 (instead of 5).

MISS VICTORY HP25

Scooping up another TV sized rock Miss Victory bounded off after the missile again, each leap taking her miles at a time and she had to angle her descent so as not to land on cars or houses!

There would be a heck of a clean up bill on the roads and pavements of course but the Ultrahumans would cover that.

If there WAS an Ultrahumans after this?

With her speed and jumping ability she once more caught up and passed the missile. It travelled around 60 miles a minute, well within her capabilities...

Taking careful aim and zooming in on the target with her incredible vision Miss Victory hefted the rock again, putting some force behind it but aiming with the background of hills and trees rather than any built up areas in case she missed again!

OOC

Dex 23 (str 16) + 2 dice (13hp) + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,9,7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,11,+0 Total:27 (50) vs
Speed 12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,12,+0 Total:24 BOOM double plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 FAILURE! OV Zero! Talk about contrasting fortunes! Probably first time we've had a max and minimum roll on doubles!
Success + 10 (to 26 EV) vs RV16=10 RAPs The missile is reduced to zero (or below) and explodes!

There was a blinding flash as something - an energy field protecting the missile - flashed bright white then crackled out and the rock punched through the side of the missile!

Somewhere inside a fuel line ruptured and there was a blinding flash as orange fire mushroomed outwards... but at least the main warhead itself - the superhuman equivalent of an electromagnetic pules - hadn't gone off!

The missile fragments began tumbling to the ground with smoke and debris and Miss Victory breathed a sigh of relief. She'd reached the smaller towns on the outskirts of New York and realised that her throw had been perhaps her last, only shot at taking this thing out!

MISS VICTORY HP 12

OOC Heading to the Ultrahumans HQ or are you doing something about the warhead which is currently lying in someone's field with smoke drifting from it...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Nov 30 2021, 09:08

Admin wrote:OOC Initiative to Lionheart. You are at an impasse and the bad guys are beating the youngsters! Mental or Melee...? You can put up to 4 dice in Mental and that leaves 1 die for defence. Or play about with 5 dice in defence as you see fit (so use 1 for mental 4 for defence or whatever). Melee you can use up to five dice in attack. Crit Blow (easier to hit) or Dev Attack (harder to hit, a lot more damage)?

He knew his foe was deadly but that only meant he had to fight harder, since he was at least his equal in every way physically he had to try for a break through mentally and see if he could push his foe beyond what he might be able to otherwise manage.

OOC: OK mental attack go for dev attack, 4 dice and 1 defence, and I am going to spend 21 HP on three bonus die 2 more for attack 1 to defence, if this fails I could easily fall here if he gets another attack on me like before.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next