The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!"

3 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!"

Post  Admin Fri May 06 2022, 14:42

LIONHEART

OOC initiative... The fastest opponent Lionheart may have ever faced! For once he needs to win initiative with a +3 swing over his opponents' roll!!!

2d12+0
11,5+0 = 16

Lionheart 61 + 11=72
Omega Man 64 + 5=69

Lionheart swooped in towards the bad guy who clearly had no intentions of chatting - and besides in space no one would hear anyway!

OOC DEV ATTACK Mind Blast 15 + 3D (?) Accuracy (leaves 2D Acrobatics) + 5d12+0 12,5,5,12,11+0 = 24 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 12,9+0 = 45 (60) vs
OV11 + 2d12+0 1,3+0 = 4 (ugh!)+ Dev Attack 8=23. Success +9
EV15 +9 (EV24) vs RV20 -12 Dev Attack (RV8)=16 RAPs. Omega man is on Mind 4/20 but the attack doesn't even stun him!

Despite delivering a huge psychic blast that would flatten practically any opponent the British superhero blinked in surprise when the newcomer shook his head and came at him! That wasn't supposed to...

OOC CRIT BLOW Omega Man Dex 27 + 3D M Arts + 5d12+0 10,3,10,6,12+0 = 20 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0
5,6+0 = 31 (58) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + 4d12+0 8,3,4,5+0 = 13 + Crit Blow 4 =43. Success + 5
EV30 +5 (EV35) vs RV22 -6 Crit Blow (RV16)=19 RAPs. Lionheart is STUNNED and MUST spend 28 of his remaining 41HP to remain conscious OR he can take the hit and see what happens (unconscious) to save his points (he may need them to get through this). OR... he can pay 15HP the next round (having been knocked out) to recover with a desperation recovery check.

Probably the hardest he's ever been struck. This is the guy that mopped the floor with the Ultrahumans team in South America until Miss Victory (finally) managed to knock him out. One of the most powerful Supervillains we've ever had in the game since the start.

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Empty Re: The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!"

Post  Admin Fri May 06 2022, 14:54

MISS VICTORY

Switching her energy, something she'd not really needed to practise at but was getting better at doing (through necessity) Miss Victory threw a Mental Bolt at the oncoming Villain!

OOC Switch points to Mental Blast (23) with 2D (2D Acro) + 4d12+0 5,10,4,12+0 = 22 (45) vs
OV20 + 2D Acro (0D M Arts) + 4d12+0 4,2,5,4+0 = 8 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 11,8+0 = 27 (47) Missed!

The newcomer danced aside, moving faster than could easily be tracked even for someone like Miss Victory! Worse, she was laughing!

"Thatit?Ithoughtyouweresupposedtobesomekindofhotshot!" she fired off as she swung at Miss Victory!

OOC Points switched back to Dex and Body (23/17+Skin Armour 6)
Titannica Attacks! AV20 + 2d12+0 1,7+0 = 8 (28) vs
OV23 + 2D Acro + 4d12+0 5,8,3,6+0 = 14 (37) Missed!

Despite having hundreds of punches aimed at her Miss Victory ducked and weaved every one, dancing to the side, swaying or simply moving her head to be where the villains' punches weren't!

In the background the young heroes saw a pair of blurs going at it and knew they were WAY out of their pay grade so made off as quick as they could!

"I'll be along shortly to sort you kiddies out!" yelled the Villain over Miss Victorys' shoulder. She still seemed confident but ... miffed.

OOC Initiative... you both have 41 so whoever gets the highest roll...

2d12+0
9,8+0

Miss Victory 9
Titannica 8

Just gets it! You have a possible 4 dice to throw into your Mental Blast (best attack) but that leaves you nothing for defence so choose wisely!

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri May 06 2022, 18:40

Admin wrote:LIONHEART
[/b]
Probably the hardest he's ever been struck. This is the guy that mopped the floor with the Ultrahumans team in South America until Miss Victory (finally) managed to knock him out. One of the most powerful Supervillains we've ever had in the game since the start.[/i][/color]

Lionheart had come too far and pushed himself too much to fail now. Besides which if the asteroid failed to be placed in the right place, what would happen to Miss Victory and the fight at the Ultrahuman base, let alone Silver Sentinel. Without him, Nexus would win hands down and that wasn't a vision of the future that was worth contemplating.

Summoning his best efforts he again went on the offensive, in as much as he could.

OOC: Absolutely poor everything into staying in this fight and going for martial arts and speed, devastating attack with the dice split in favour of an attack. Man, I wasn't expecting this to happen, when Miss V popped this guy last time.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 06 2022, 19:54

Since we are in hand combat range, going to go with super strength and martial arts. I forget if my accuracy is for mental blast alone or hand combat too.

So max out Strength put the rest into Dex and then back to Dex and Body after the attack.

Admin wrote:MISS VICTORY

Switching her energy, something she'd not really needed to practise at but was getting better at doing (through necessity) Miss Victory threw a Mental Bolt at the oncoming Villain!

OOC Switch points to Mental Blast (23) with 2D (2D Acro) + 4d12+0 5,10,4,12+0 = 22 (45) vs
OV20 + 2D Acro (0D M Arts) + 4d12+0 4,2,5,4+0 = 8 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 11,8+0 = 27 (47) Missed!

The newcomer danced aside, moving faster than could easily be tracked even for someone like Miss Victory! Worse, she was laughing!

"Thatit?Ithoughtyouweresupposedtobesomekindofhotshot!" she fired off as she swung at Miss Victory!

OOC Points switched back to Dex and Body (23/17+Skin Armour 6)
Titannica Attacks! AV20 + 2d12+0 1,7+0 = 8 (28) vs
OV23 + 2D Acro + 4d12+0 5,8,3,6+0 = 14 (37) Missed!

Despite having hundreds of punches aimed at her Miss Victory ducked and weaved every one, dancing to the side, swaying or simply moving her head to be where the villains' punches weren't!

In the background the young heroes saw a pair of blurs going at it and knew they were WAY out of their pay grade so made off as quick as they could!

"I'll be along shortly to sort you kiddies out!" yelled the Villain over Miss Victorys' shoulder. She still seemed confident but ... miffed.

OOC Initiative... you both have 41 so whoever gets the highest roll...

2d12+0
9,8+0

Miss Victory 9
Titannica 8

Just gets it! You have a possible 4 dice to throw into your Mental Blast (best attack) but that leaves you nothing for defence so choose wisely!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 09 2022, 23:36

LIONHEART HP 26

He woke up. It was warm.

Hot!

He blinked, then shook his head as the fire around him flared! Willing his forcefield on Lionheart blinked again and looked about.

He was in the upper atmosphere, falling towards the Earth! It would take quite a while from this height to get anywhere near the ground but he wasn't interested in getting down there...

OOC Lionheart has been falling for a few rounds and uses a Desperation Recovery check (the most cost effective solution in this situation!).

Lionheart Body 13 + 2d12+0 11,10+0 = 21 (34) vs
OV0 + 2d12+0 4,4+0 = 8 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 2,7+0 = 17. Success +6
EV13 +6 (EV19) vs RV0=19 RAPs. Lionheart wakes on full body and is stunned for a round when he wakes up.

With his head spinning the hero engages his flight, slowing his tumble and righting himself. Then he uses his telescopic vision to look up... up... up... Against the inky blackness of space he sees the dot that is the giant asteroid and zooms in further. There!

The powerful super who'd one shotted him! Who was powerful enough to do that? Omega Man. Had to be.

Sucking in a breath of really thin/non existent air he poured on the speed to leave the atmosphere and shot up back towards the asteroid and his powerful enemy!

OOC initiative...

2d12+0 6 LH (67) ,2 Omega Man (66)

The villain seemed to know that Lionheart was back and turned to meet the hero head on! Normally Lionheart would act so fast he opponents wouldn't even know he was there!

This time they were so evenly matched even Lionheart appeared normal!

OOC M Arts 3D/Acro 2D

Devastating Attack!

AV26 + 3D M Arts + 5d12+0 11,3,10,12,10+0 = 20 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 1,9+0 = 30 (56) vs
OV27 + 8 Dev Attack + 1D Acro (2D M Arts) + 3d12+0 7,7,11+0 = 14 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 1,9+0 = 24 (59) Missed!

Was... was the bad guy grinning?

Lionheart swung with all his might and speed... and didn't land a single blow! Again and again, faster than the eye could normally follow but this guy was faster still!

Omega Man Crit Blow 2D M arts
Av27 + 4d12+0 8,6,9,10+0 = 19 (46) vs
OV26 + 2D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + 4d12+0 4,4,3,9+0 = 8 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 2,3+0 = 13 (43) Success + 2
Ev30 +2 (EV32) vs RV22=10 RAPs
Lionheart takes 10 damage and is on Body 3/13!

2d12+0
12 LH (73)
2 OM (66)

Lionheart wins initiative. This guy seems to be enjoying himself! Devastating Attack would certainly wipe that smile off his face but is very very hard to hit when up against someone slightly your superior! Crit Blow easier to hit but would it harm him? Dare you throw all of your dice into attack? You have five dice to play with and can split them how you see fit on attack/defence...

You're up.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 10 2022, 08:31

Admin wrote:LIONHEART HP 26

Lionheart wins initiative. This guy seems to be enjoying himself! Devastating Attack would certainly wipe that smile off his face but is very very hard to hit when up against someone slightly your superior! Crit Blow easier to hit but would it harm him? Dare you throw all of your dice into attack? You have five dice to play with and can split them how you see fit on attack/defence...

You're up.[/i][/color]

OOC: Whoops I thought I'd be a bit better off having used the HP - oh well can't win them all. This has certainly been a lesson, not that I feel invincible but nonetheless, the O man has really given me a pasting I'd hate to think what would happen if I fail here because Miss V and the whole plan would go south from here. That would be frustrating after trying to get ourselves to this point all along. OK go for a Devastating attack but switch all points to Psi blast since he has speed on par with me, trying to one-up him there seems a mistake. Instead, I'll aim to try and get him mentally since he seems less able to defend himself there.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 11 2022, 08:17

DavidMcMahon wrote:Since we are in hand combat range, going to go with super strength and martial arts.  I forget if my accuracy is for mental blast alone or hand combat too.

So max out Strength put the rest into Dex and then back to Dex and Body after the attack.

OOC Apologies for the delay. Spending much of my time boarding out the loft - a job I've been putting off since July last year. Ironically enough that has left me 'stiff as a board'. Ahem. best I could do with the material at hand.

In terms of attack Miss V is best off using Mental Blast every time, no question. 23 attack, 23 damage, 4D accuracy (She gets 4D with M Arts too but 'only' has 16 Damage). I will assume you go for the best attack but will repost if you say otherwise!

MISS VICTORY

The Heroine thinks to move in to hand to hand range - she wants to dole out some pain! Thing was, with her Mental Blast all she had to do was 'think' the target in pain and it happened!

So she did!

OOC I will assume 2D attack 2D defence. Only going with what I consider the best options and if you overrule I will repost going with your 'no leave it alone as I posted dammit!' option instead!

CRIT BLOW Mental Blast 23 + 2D Accuracy + 4d12+0 3,12,7,12+0 = 24 DOUBLE (boom!) plus 2d12+0
4,6+0 = 34 (57) vs
OV20 + Crit Blow 4 + 1D Acro (1D M Arts) + 3d12+0 3,1,8+0 = 11 (35) Success +7
EV23 + 7 (EV30) vs RV20 - 6 Crit Blow (RV14)=16 RAPs. That more than overwhelms the villain and she goes DOWN and OUT with 6RAPs 'over the top' (which is 4 minutes, so she recovers in 64 mins)

With a potent mental blast Miss Victory sweeps the speedster off her feet and tumbles her down the corridor back the way she'd come!

She doesn't have time to reflect on her victory though - she can hear running footsteps and a 'woooshing' sound coming from somewhere down the smooth metal panelled corridor and around a corner. There are plenty of doors to duck into here but can she afford to get in a toe to toe slugging match with bad guys who might slow her down enough that Atomic Champion turned up on the scene? She glanced at the ceiling and knew there were would be micro cameras everywhere.

They'd know where she was at any point. Only her speed and keeping moving meant Atomic Champion hadn't caught up with her yet!

And yet... she was MISS VICTORY! She was bowed, beaten sometimes but NEVER stayed down! Would she run from these villains or make a stand???

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu May 12 2022, 06:36

They are closing in, Miss Victory realizes, but it is not yet time to go on the attack. Soon, hopefully very soon, but not just yet. So time to withdraw and strike elsewhere. How soon? Five minutes? Ten? Half hour? Soon!

ooc: I wasn't thinking of my Dex when I wanted to go to hand combat range. I would have missed if we had gone with my idea since I would have been 23 Str and 17 or 18 Dex to attack. Thanks

Admin wrote:
DavidMcMahon wrote:Since we are in hand combat range, going to go with super strength and martial arts.  I forget if my accuracy is for mental blast alone or hand combat too.

OOC Apologies for the delay. Spending much of my time boarding out the loft - a job I've been putting off since July last year. Ironically enough that has left me 'stiff as a board'. Ahem. best I could do with the material at hand.

In terms of attack Miss V is best off using Mental Blast every time, no question. 23 attack, 23 damage, 4D accuracy (She gets 4D with M Arts too but 'only' has 16 Damage). I will assume you go for the best attack but will repost if you say otherwise!

MISS VICTORY

The Heroine thinks to move in to hand to hand range - she wants to dole out some pain! Thing was, with her Mental Blast all she had to do was 'think' the target in pain and it happened!

So she did!

OOC I will assume 2D attack 2D defence. Only going with what I consider the best options and if you overrule I will repost going with your 'no leave it alone as I posted dammit!' option instead!

CRIT BLOW Mental Blast 23 + 2D Accuracy + 4d12+0 3,12,7,12+0 = 24 DOUBLE (boom!) plus 2d12+0
4,6+0 = 34 (57) vs
OV20 + Crit Blow 4 + 1D Acro (1D M Arts) + 3d12+0 3,1,8+0 = 11 (35) Success +7
EV23 + 7 (EV30) vs RV20 - 6 Crit Blow (RV14)=16 RAPs. That more than overwhelms the villain and she goes DOWN and OUT with 6RAPs 'over the top' (which is 4 minutes, so she recovers in 64 mins)

With a potent mental blast Miss Victory sweeps the speedster off her feet and tumbles her down the corridor back the way she'd come!

She doesn't have time to reflect on her victory though - she can hear running footsteps and a 'woooshing' sound coming from somewhere down the smooth metal panelled corridor and around a corner. There are plenty of doors to duck into here but can she afford to get in a toe to toe slugging match with bad guys who might slow her down enough that Atomic Champion turned up on the scene? She glanced at the ceiling and knew there were would be micro cameras everywhere.

They'd know where she was at any point. Only her speed and keeping moving meant Atomic Champion hadn't caught up with her yet!

And yet... she was MISS VICTORY! She was bowed, beaten sometimes but NEVER stayed down! Would she run from these villains or make a stand???
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 14 2022, 23:24

LIONHEART

Knowing he faced an opponent who was faster and stronger than he was Lionheart had to fight smarter. Even there Omega Man was incredibly intelligent and mentally resistant and this would be a close run thing!

OOC Mind Blast 15 DEV ATTACK + 4D Accuracy (1D Acro) + 6d12+0
2,6,3,4,8,4+0 = 8 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 6,10+0 = 24 (39) vs
OV11 + Dev Attack 8 + 2d12+0 11,7+0 = 18 (37) Success (just!) +2
EV15 +2 (EV17) vs RV20 - 12 Dev Attack (RV8)=9 RAPs

Omega Man was on 4 Mind and this time is rendered unconscious! he goes down to 0/20 Mind with 5 Aps of time over the top (out for 62 minutes).

The villain arcs back, clutching his head! Then he drifts in space....

OOC Given how tough this guy is (Lionheart would struggle to make a dent physically) you might want to toss him into the sun or something. Well maybe not that but at least put some distance between you because when he wakes up he's going to be a little mad...

Lionheart glanced about, scanning near space.

There. The Ultrahumans space station. That must be where the villain had come from. Of course it would have scanners that could detect an object like the asteroid approaching Earth. The heroes would use that sort of thing to advise them of world shattering threats they needed to put down!

That meant that there might be more villains who, if not on a par with Omega Man, might certainly provide a stiff challenge to Lionheart and foil the plan to weaken Atomic Champion! He didn't have much time!

OOC Leave O Man floating about and get on with positioning the asteroid or dispose of the guy first?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 14 2022, 23:38

MISS VICTORY

The Heroine was the only thing remaining as a thorn in the villains side. They were too powerful, too much for the army of young superheroes that had gone into this place.

The more powerful ones, like Anchor Man and others like him, would only last so long as it seemed there were physical, mental and mystical challenges that the villains brought to bear. Though she couldn't see through the building and into space, she hoped that Lionheart would accomplish his mission to position that asteroid and get down here to help her deal with the traitorous Atomic Champion.

She moved on, zipping about, setting microwaves to explode, snapping fittings off heating pipes to fill corridors with steam and generally making a nuisance of herself.

Screeching to a halt past a slightly open doorway she doubled back and looked inside.

A dozen superheroes. Some in real bad shape. They'd taken a beating and the others had managed to get them away into... She looked about. It was like, the worlds' ultimate gymnasium! machines designed to push and stretch the worlds most powerful superheroes to their limits and measure them. The temptation to test what must be some kind of... gravity press weight bench was almost overwhelming! To know - finally - what she could do... But that would have to wait.

The heroes hadn't noticed her and had broken out the medical supplies in the gym. A side door was open and steam filled much of the large sports hall style room. Handy for obscuring any cameras but maybe obvious to whoever was on the end of the camera screens that it was being used to hide in. That said Miss Victory had caused enough disturbances around this vast place that they would be chasing ghosts for a few minutes yet.

One of the heroes looked up, eyes glowing and hands spread with energy forming around them. He grimaced in pain and his costumed was scorched on the left hand side, the skin underneath raw and burned. When he saw Miss Victory he sighed in relief and nearly collapsed.

"Thank goodness you're here." he said. "Terramaid and Sapphira are in a bad way. The others not much better. We came across them being beaten up in a corridor and managed to help turn the tide. The bad guys retreated but I think they just went for help. We came in here because there are machines to hide behind and... well, we're running out of places to hide."

"Atom... Atomic champion..." gasped an older looking hero who was lying on the floor with towels under his head. He was blackened, as if subjected to some ferocious heat! if he'd been attacked by Atomic Champion it was a miracle he was alive at all!

"I'm... I'm Immortal Man but... I think Atomic Champion found my limits..." he wheezed. "I thought nothing could hurt me... even a nuke but... never felt such power. The others... gone. Burned to ash! He's too far... far gone." he coughed. Miss Victory could see that the mans' body was trying to heal rapidly but the amount of damage was overwhelming it.

"Thought I'd... live forever but I was wrong... have to stop him..." he wheezed. "Don't... let... him win..." he coughed.

One of the other heroes at the doorway now keeping watch called out from forty feet away "Someone's coming!" There was an edge of panic in his voice.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun May 15 2022, 15:01

Miss Victory moves over to the door to determine if it is someone or someones coming. If it is only one person, she might stick around and try to take them down, unless it was one she didn't think she could take on. If multiple people coming, best she could do is get out and close the door behind her to make it less obvious the room was being used and run some more. Maybe let herself be seen, leading them away from the others and hope she could outrun them.

She would dearly love to stand and fight but she, unlike some of the other powerful heroes, didn't have regeneration. She was already hurt, being hurt some more BEFORE clashing with Atomic Champion, aiding Lionheart in that fight might mean they lose everything!

What she did all depended on who or how many were coming.

The Heroine was the only thing remaining as a thorn in the villains side. They were too powerful, too much for the army of young superheroes that had gone into this place.

The more powerful ones, like Anchor Man and others like him, would only last so long as it seemed there were physical, mental and mystical challenges that the villains brought to bear. Though she couldn't see through the building and into space, she hoped that Lionheart would accomplish his mission to position that asteroid and get down here to help her deal with the traitorous Atomic Champion.

She moved on, zipping about, setting microwaves to explode, snapping fittings off heating pipes to fill corridors with steam and generally making a nuisance of herself.

Screeching to a halt past a slightly open doorway she doubled back and looked inside.

A dozen superheroes. Some in real bad shape. They'd taken a beating and the others had managed to get them away into... She looked about. It was like, the worlds' ultimate gymnasium! machines designed to push and stretch the worlds most powerful superheroes to their limits and measure them. The temptation to test what must be some kind of... gravity press weight bench was almost overwhelming! To know - finally - what she could do... But that would have to wait.

The heroes hadn't noticed her and had broken out the medical supplies in the gym. A side door was open and steam filled much of the large sports hall style room. Handy for obscuring any cameras but maybe obvious to whoever was on the end of the camera screens that it was being used to hide in. That said Miss Victory had caused enough disturbances around this vast place that they would be chasing ghosts for a few minutes yet.

One of the heroes looked up, eyes glowing and hands spread with energy forming around them. He grimaced in pain and his costumed was scorched on the left hand side, the skin underneath raw and burned. When he saw Miss Victory he sighed in relief and nearly collapsed.

"Thank goodness you're here." he said. "Terramaid and Sapphira are in a bad way. The others not much better. We came across them being beaten up in a corridor and managed to help turn the tide. The bad guys retreated but I think they just went for help. We came in here because there are machines to hide behind and... well, we're running out of places to hide."

"Atom... Atomic champion..." gasped an older looking hero who was lying on the floor with towels under his head. He was blackened, as if subjected to some ferocious heat! if he'd been attacked by Atomic Champion it was a miracle he was alive at all!

"I'm... I'm Immortal Man but... I think Atomic Champion found my limits..." he wheezed. "I thought nothing could hurt me... even a nuke but... never felt such power. The others... gone. Burned to ash! He's too far... far gone." he coughed. Miss Victory could see that the mans' body was trying to heal rapidly but the amount of damage was overwhelming it.

"Thought I'd... live forever but I was wrong... have to stop him..." he wheezed. "Don't... let... him win..." he coughed.

One of the other heroes at the doorway now keeping watch called out from forty feet away "Someone's coming!" There was an edge of panic in his voice.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon May 16 2022, 08:22

OOC Leave O Man floating about and get on with positioning the asteroid or dispose of the guy first?

Lionheart had to position the asteroid and then potentially defend it.  All the time he tried mopping the floor with the villains flung at him, the more Miss V and her team would be whittled down.  But that didn't mean he had to stand around waiting to be attacked again.  Especially since the like of Omega Man, could come barrelling back at any moment and kick him seven ways to Sunday.  Taking a moment he flung the now helpless being into the sun, he wasn't sure if he get there by himself but right now Lionheart couldn't afford the time to leave the asteroid unattended.  All their plans, perilous as they were, seemed suddenly more so.  Like seeking shelter under an umbrella in a tornado, or trying to flap his arms and fly, it seemed that it wouldn't be long before Nexus and his cohorts sent out ever more wicked cronies to try and stop their plan from unravelling.  Truth be told it was probably a long way from getting to that point, yet.  But having come so far and having marshalled such resistance as to make it all but impossible to stand up to them, the ball was very much in their court and Lionheart and the team, were playing catch up.  

If they couldn't bring Silver Sentinel back in from the sidelines, they were surely doomed.  He and Miss Victory were, despite their considerable abilities, still not sufficient for the task alone.  

OOC: OK so I will try and first get rid of OM and then reposition the asteroid and this time use some HP if need be for accuracy, to try and get this right.  

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

DavidMcMahon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 24 2022, 05:58

MISS VICTORY

OOC Apologies for the delay! Last day on holiday today. All the fun of packing and transfers and flight etc to come...  Crying or Very sad  On the flipside should get back to some kind of normality at some point on Wednesday...

The heroine knew she was the only thing standing in the way of total victory for the villains!

If the last of the heroes fell in this place there'd be no one to work 'from the inside'. For all she knew America was - right now - being shown images of beaten superheroes whilst the conventional police and armed forces were battered by powerful supervillains due to the majority of superheroes being cooped up in this place, this 'reverse prison!'

Glancing back at the wounded heroes she debated on her next course of action then peered out of the crack of the doorway...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Villains

Five (two women) and one of them towering above the rest, head scraping on the ceiling as they prowled down the corridor, powers 'up' and ready. They were steady and thorough, checking every door. That meant there was some time - a minute or so - before they got to this door but they'd get here.

Occasionally one of them (OOC Numbered left to right 1 to 5 it's number one referred to here) would speak quietly into some device and move on with the others.

Miss Victory noted they wore no 'Prison Orange' meaning they'd taken the time to change their attire or never broken out of the Ultramax in the first place. Anyone still at large in a country teeming with superheroes and especially the Ultrahumans must be able to look after themselves.

She'd not been at this 'game' for long enough to know who any of them were or their powers. For her. mentalists and mystics would be most dangerous but even then the big fellow - who was probably strong and tough - might be able to slow her down enough for the others to finish her. And then...?

OOC So you have a minute or so whilst they methodically check and lock/seal the doors behind. The villains are finally organising - no doubt Atomic Champions' doing - and sealing off the rooms they'd checked....

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 24 2022, 14:01

LIONHEART

The hero tossed Omega Man towards the sun. He might get there - eventually - but unless the hero threw with serious intent the villain would wake before he ended up in the corona of the fiery orb.

Omega Man was about as a powerful an opponent there was - at least since Lionheart had been in the United States... That said, there were probably worse, more serious threats out there that couldn't be put down by punching them...

Turning to the task at hand he grunted and pushed/flew the asteroid into position whilst continually checking the shadow it was to cast on the specific part of the Earth, even if only for a short time. That would be - hopefully - the window needed to tackle Atomic Champion AND to stop the drain he had over Silver Sentinel who remained in the sun probably unaware of why he wasn't/couldn't heal.

OOC Apologies for the delay Dave. Been a non stop holiday and only now on the last day with the sun blazing down outside has it been a good idea to get out of it (as well as the other half kipping on the hotel foyer sofa next to me. Peace! At last! Laughing )

Lionheart switches Power reserve to Int (8 points to 18) and 7 points to Will (up to 14).

Int 18 + 2d12+0 7,8+0 = 15 (33) vs
OV15 + 2d12+0 1,12+0 = 13 (28) Success +3
EV14 +3 (EV17) vs RV15=2 RAPS

1) The asteroid will remain in the right spot momentarily.
2-3) The asteroid will remain in place for a minute and then need repositioning...

With his mind boosted to Alien levels of intelligence Lionheart worked out the angle of the sun against the Earth, the distance of the asteroid, the orbit and height required to avoid space furniture like satellites... Finally, after a fraction of a second he was satisfied and scanned about.

By his best reckoning, beyond any normal 'genius' level thinking on Earth, he had about a minute. Normally that would be a lifetime to someone as fast as him but with the stakes so high he couldn't be sure...

OOC Couple of things - how much effort did he put into punting Omega Man into the sun? If he uses his full strength it is theoretically possible to kill Omega Man as he'd wake up (for a fraction of a setting) in the sun itself after 15 minutes or so...then melt.

Is a minute enough? You have to get back to Ultrahumans HQ and - somehow - get inside the place to help Miss Victory out. Remember Lionheart couldn't do that on his own - he needed help last time (and had no chance unless Wandafar had supplied the code to drop the forcefield). At his speed though... he could in theory fly around the world to England, look for Wandafar, speak mind to mind to his buddy to get another code - if there is one - and get back in about one minute... At full speed.

Or perhaps he might rev up to full speed and deliver a punch to the forcefield reinforced walls of the Ultrahumans HQ. If that goes wrong he could go squish...

Finally he might want to fly down, push his strength and have a go at breaking in again. Lots of HP cost and risk in that...

Or... he could try something else!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue May 24 2022, 18:42

ooc: Just had to pop in on this with a weird idea - with his powers how about going below the HQ and propelling it into space, forcefield and all so it is totally behind the asteroid?

OOC Couple of things - how much effort did he put into punting Omega Man into the sun? If he uses his full strength it is theoretically possible to kill Omega Man as he'd wake up (for a fraction of a setting) in the sun itself after 15 minutes or so...then melt.

Is a minute enough? You have to get back to Ultrahumans HQ and - somehow - get inside the place to help Miss Victory out. Remember Lionheart couldn't do that on his own - he needed help last time (and had no chance unless Wandafar had supplied the code to drop the forcefield). At his speed though... he could in theory fly around the world to England, look for Wandafar, speak mind to mind to his buddy to get another code - if there is one - and get back in about one minute... At full speed.

Or perhaps he might rev up to full speed and deliver a punch to the forcefield reinforced walls of the Ultrahumans HQ. If that goes wrong he could go squish...

Finally he might want to fly down, push his strength and have a go at breaking in again. Lots of HP cost and risk in that...

Or... he could try something else!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue May 24 2022, 21:13

DavidMcMahon wrote:ooc:  Just had to pop in on this with a weird idea - with his powers how about going below the HQ and propelling it into space, forcefield and all so it is totally behind the asteroid?

[b]OOC:
Oh blow this is so frustrating, left a bit, right a bit, up a bit. Ughhh.

Right as regards Omega man, full strength. To be honest, I'd be surprised if he died, and more importantly, this is war. Guys like him are a continual plague on mankind so he long forfeited any right in a situation like this. Lionheart wouldn't normally take jurisdiction into his hands like this, but this isn't a defensible situation. I suspect OM will come back crispier and possibly more humble, but I suspect he won't die.

Right Dave's suggestion is worth considering, there is no way I can get in the building defeat Atomic Champion and save the day in a minute, not with having to slow down for things like atmosphere and buildings and people etc. If all else fails I will have to reposition the asteroid for a longer period. After all this time, to get this wrong and have Atomic Champion suddenly power up just as I get in the building would be a disaster. The only bright spark is even a minute of me running around might give Sentinel the chance to heal sufficiently to stop the drain, but who knows if that would work. NO you know me, Paul, I am the cautious one, so I'd rather make sure the asteroid gave us 15 mins, not just 1.

Glad you had a good time away, as you know things are hotting up for me, won't be long now, 11 days. bounce Very Happy

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri May 27 2022, 12:50

ooc: Well shoot, only 4 showed up on my computer unless the 5th wasn't in the pic you posted?

Miss Victory didn't like the odds and didn't like the situation. If it had been those villains alone, she might have tried taking them down starting with the gal on the left. But she was in a building filled with villains and she didn't have regeneration like so many others did. If she beat them and was badly injured in the process, she would be no good against Atomic Champion except as a one-hit shield for Lionheart. She hated the idea of abandoning these injured heroes but that stupid saying of "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" ran through her head. She told her head to shut up because carrying out that idea too far would result in "the ends justify the means" and she didn't want to become that kind of woman.

She turned to the closest conscious hurt hero.

"There's five crooks in costume coming this way," she told the hero. "I don't know who they are or what powers they have but they are checking all the rooms as they come. I can't take the risk of fighting them, even if I somehow beat them, that will attract numerous other villains here and everyone will get caught or worse."

"So unless one of you can make everyone invisible or can do an illusion that there is no one in this room or shrink everyone down to bug size, the only thing I can think of to keep you folks safe for a bit longer is to let them spot me while I run away at subsonic speed and hope they chase me and forget about the rest of the rooms in this hallway."

actions: So unless there is someone with the powers to make every not seem to be in the room, she is going to dash out of the room about 30-40' in front of the crooks, making sure they see her and follow her, then try to lose them with her Running speed. Dex is going to have to be maxed out for this and the rest into Running.

OOC Apologies for the delay! Last day on holiday today. All the fun of packing and transfers and flight etc to come...  Crying or Very sad  On the flipside should get back to some kind of normality at some point on Wednesday...

The heroine knew she was the only thing standing in the way of total victory for the villains!

If the last of the heroes fell in this place there'd be no one to work 'from the inside'. For all she knew America was - right now - being shown images of beaten superheroes whilst the conventional police and armed forces were battered by powerful supervillains due to the majority of superheroes being cooped up in this place, this 'reverse prison!'

Glancing back at the wounded heroes she debated on her next course of action then peered out of the crack of the doorway...

The Ultrahumans! Issue #3 starring Miss Victory and Lionheart "And there came a reckoning!" - Page 11 Villains

Five (two women) and one of them towering above the rest, head scraping on the ceiling as they prowled down the corridor, powers 'up' and ready. They were steady and thorough, checking every door. That meant there was some time - a minute or so - before they got to this door but they'd get here.

Occasionally one of them (OOC Numbered left to right 1 to 5 it's number one referred to here) would speak quietly into some device and move on with the others.

Miss Victory noted they wore no 'Prison Orange' meaning they'd taken the time to change their attire or never broken out of the Ultramax in the first place. Anyone still at large in a country teeming with superheroes and especially the Ultrahumans must be able to look after themselves.

She'd not been at this 'game' for long enough to know who any of them were or their powers. For her. mentalists and mystics would be most dangerous but even then the big fellow - who was probably strong and tough - might be able to slow her down enough for the others to finish her. And then...?

OOC So you have a minute or so whilst they methodically check and lock/seal the doors behind. The villains are finally organising - no doubt Atomic Champions' doing - and sealing off the rooms they'd checked....
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01 2022, 09:31

LIONHEART

OOC So, if I get this right, you plan to... swoop down to Earth, dig underneath the Ultrahumans HQ (which is probably the heaviest building on this version of Earth because of the metal construction) and scoop the whole lot up and into space?

That's some serious Superman level out of the box thinking - I like it!

The only problem is figuring out what such a building would weigh. A skyscraper weighs 23 APs supposedly. This is heavier than that. Like, lots heavier. Probably 10x heavier. Luckily in this game that equates to an extra 4 APs of weight (up to 27APs). Superman couldn't lift it (or at least, he'd have to push his Strength every round) but Lionheart can lift it with Strength to spare!

Well if you are going to do that, you may as well just lift the thing and fly it to the dark side of the moon and use that to block the building from the sun. Heck, you could've saved yourself a trip to the asteroid belt!

Heh this is making me chuckle but it seems quite obvious now. I've read a few Superman comics where he lifts <big thing> and parks it somewhere else like space or a new planet or whatever. In the Byrne run he scooped up a graveyard (after solidifying the base with his heat vision to stop it from falling apart) and parked it in space.

You'll not have to do that. This is probably the worlds' most durable building. Nukes wouldn't scratch it.

Lionheart had a 'lightbulb' moment (OOC with a lot of help from David M) and forgot the asteroid, leaving it in place. It might serve as a distraction to the bad guys or ... or some enterprising type might mine it for minerals.

No matter. Lionheart was already a flaring comet blazing down into the atmosphere and slowing down as he zoomed in on the Ultrahumans HQ.

Switching to Superspeed with a boost to Strength he slowed, ignoring the distant police/army cordon and the army of onlookers with phones and the various tv crews.

He was too fast to see anyway.

THWACK!

OOC Roll to make sure you don't fumble...

2d12+0 12,10+0 = 22 vs
2d12+0 9,10+0 = 19

That's fine. Basically just a make sure no fumble or double pops up. The ground is no barrier to Lionheart.

Switching to his intelligence boost (OOC he doesn't have the advantage of X Ray Vision like Superman has) he figured the depth of the building and kept digging down in total darkness then turned...

THWACK!

He struck forcefield reinforced metal. Time to keep going down and feeling his way in the darkness! Rock, soil, ore, nothing could slow his superspeed spin-like-a-drill as he kept blasting down, down... hoping to finally (OOC even though its only been seconds) find the bottom.

This building was a marvel of construction. Completely self contained from top to bottom with its own recycled water and power supplies, it could exist anywhere on Earth. It could exist in space. It could ONLY be built by the most powerful superheroes on the planet with the greatest minds guiding them, of which Wandafar had been one.

Having reached the bottom he went down a fraction further then across, keeping in his minds eye the image of the entire site and its dimensions. By his reckoning he'd gone down about a dozen floors. This place was as big as a shopping mall and almost as tall as a skyscraper! Luckily it wasn't solid, but even so it would prove something of a challenge to...

He hefted with all his power poured into Strength. He'd probably not be able to....

The building CRACKED and started rising from the ground!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 01 2022, 09:41

MISS VICTORY

Outnumbered and outgunned, Miss Victory knew she was in trouble. She couldn't fight off this lot AND save the battered kids. Rather she'd be better off drawing the bad guys away if she could...

OOC You earn an extra Standard Award for the 'lift the whole darn thing into space' idea and - hopefully - saving the day. Remind me at HP award time.

Miss Victory sped off into the corridor, stopping to make herself visible, then took off again!

She didn't know if the villains were following but had to...

WHOA!

The ENTIRE structure tilted slightly to one side!

Taken by surprise Miss Victory adjusts her running and slides to a halt with a hand against a wall...

The whole... her stomach lurched.

The entire building was rising. Not just rising, but flying, going up, and getting faster!

She heard distant cries - it seemed that the villains weren't prepared for this either! That meant someone else on the outside was doing this. Friend? Or Foe? She didn't know anyone powerful enough to even attempt such... ah. But she did. Omega Man had been powerful enough to pretty much lift anything short of a full size mountain. When he punched something, it was a seismic event. There were others along those lines, maybe more powerful still. Some of the Ultrahumans could do this. A lot of the villains in the nastiest levels of the supermax would have a chance.

Miss Victory, as powerful as most normal superheroes could even imagine, wouldn't be able to do this. The sheer mass, the weight, the size of this thing would prevent her from even trying! Was the building flying under its own power? No, it would be level, steadier, slower. The way her stomach was telling her, this thing would be breaking the sound barrier - multiple times - shortly! Luckily Gs didn't effect her and the worst that would happen in this place is that someone might suffer an upset stomach thanks to that force field surrounding and reinforcing it.

OOC Pitch in with your thoughts and plans and I'll post in here later on today. Got to get ready for work. Truth told I haven't stopped since I got back from holiday!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 01 2022, 09:47

He hefted with all his power poured into Strength. He'd probably not be able to....

OOC: Only in this game could we even contemplate such power levels. I wish we had thought of this before, it is just to show sometimes we don't know what we could do, with what we can do. The solution to this problem was staring us in the face, but I'd never thought of this, simply because it seems so outrageous to even contemplate. However, I now realise that with his in play, suddenly AC and his cohorts are going to try and stop me.

Lionheart marvelled at the simplicity of this plan, so simple even a genius could make the mistake of overlooking it. That and the strength needed to do it was something he'd never thought of before. But he realise he had to get this thing to the far side of the moon and fast before the villains got to realise what was happening and made to stop him. He had to act with urgency, they wouldn't care if he dropped the building to that inside, but the damage to life would be terrible, let alone what a building of this size and weight would do if it hit the earth from a great height. But the need was both desperate and urgent and thinking out of the box might, might just be the ticket that one the day. He had to hope so even as he took the strain and started to lift as he had never lifted before.

OOC: OK no time to be nice, got to get this thing out of the atmosphere and toward the shadow of the moon, asap and hope the oxygen and atmosphere within lasts

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 01 2022, 12:21

ooc: Holy COW! I didn't really really think it was possible, not knowing just how strong Lionheart was. I just knew he was stronger than Superman. Shocked I mean Superman has sliced mountains and flown them into space, so yeah, in hindsight, it was an easy thing to do. Idea

I mean, we are in Dragonball Z territory now where our heroes and villains can easily destroy the Moon and probably Earth itself if they go all out. Makes me wonder just what can we do in the future adventure-wise. You've already pointed out that Miss Victory, who is weaker than Lionheart, can beat Thor. Lionheart can easily beat Superman. Darkseid? Thanos? Lionheart can probably handle those guys easy-peasy. What other kind of menaces are out there that would be a challenge to him?

Maybe way back when, we should have put a limitation on how high stats, skills and powers should have been allowed to go?

Steeple_jackuk wrote:

OOC: Only in this game could we even contemplate such power levels.  I wish we had thought of this before, it is just to show sometimes we don't know what we could do, with what we can do.  The solution to this problem was staring us in the face, but I'd never thought of this, simply because it seems so outrageous to even contemplate.  However, I now realise that with his in play, suddenly AC and his cohorts are going to try and stop me.  

Lionheart marvelled at the simplicity of this plan, so simple even a genius could make the mistake of overlooking it.  That and the strength needed to do it was something he'd never thought of before.  But he realise he had to get this thing to the far side of the moon and fast before the villains got to realise what was happening and made to stop him.  He had to act with urgency, they wouldn't care if he dropped the building to that inside, but the damage to life would be terrible, let alone what a building of this size and weight would do if it hit the earth from a great height.  But the need was both desperate and urgent and thinking out of the box might, might just be the ticket that one the day.  He had to hope so even as he took the strain and started to lift as he had never lifted before.  

OOC: OK no time to be nice, got to get this thing out of the atmosphere and toward the shadow of the moon, asap and hope the oxygen and atmosphere within lasts

Sj
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jun 01 2022, 15:49

Miss Victory hoped that help had arrived. Maybe she could find a solo villain that she could take down easily and see if the villain knew what was going on? Grab his communicator and listen in perhaps?

Outnumbered and outgunned, Miss Victory knew she was in trouble. She couldn't fight off this lot AND save the battered kids. Rather she'd be better off drawing the bad guys away if she could...

OOC You earn an extra Standard Award for the 'lift the whole darn thing into space' idea and - hopefully - saving the day. Remind me at HP award time.

Miss Victory sped off into the corridor, stopping to make herself visible, then took off again!

She didn't know if the villains were following but had to...

WHOA!

The ENTIRE structure tilted slightly to one side!

Taken by surprise Miss Victory adjusts her running and slides to a halt with a hand against a wall...

The whole... her stomach lurched.

The entire building was rising. Not just rising, but flying, going up, and getting faster!

She heard distant cries - it seemed that the villains weren't prepared for this either! That meant someone else on the outside was doing this. Friend? Or Foe? She didn't know anyone powerful enough to even attempt such... ah. But she did. Omega Man had been powerful enough to pretty much lift anything short of a full size mountain. When he punched something, it was a seismic event. There were others along those lines, maybe more powerful still. Some of the Ultrahumans could do this. A lot of the villains in the nastiest levels of the supermax would have a chance.

Miss Victory, as powerful as most normal superheroes could even imagine, wouldn't be able to do this. The sheer mass, the weight, the size of this thing would prevent her from even trying! Was the building flying under its own power? No, it would be level, steadier, slower. The way her stomach was telling her, this thing would be breaking the sound barrier - multiple times - shortly! Luckily Gs didn't effect her and the worst that would happen in this place is that someone might suffer an upset stomach thanks to that force field surrounding and reinforcing it.

OOC Pitch in with your thoughts and plans and I'll post in here later on today. Got to get ready for work. Truth told I haven't stopped since I got back from holiday!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 03 2022, 14:08

OOC All being well should update later. In terms of power level Miss V and Lionheart are the most powerful PCs by far though Frostbite is knocking on the door of those two and Battlebug (npc) in the right circumstances could be even higher.

As for Campaign power level, we've done street level (Golden Heroes) and over time the campaign has morphed so you aren't too bothered about saving cats from trees or bank robberies and the like. It's save the world stuff. The Ultrahumans have some more powerful members but the level of threat they face is increased to suit. Figure on this - Silver Sentinel is probably somewhere around Pre Crisis Superman. As for smashing the moon, moving the Earth etc that's still out of the question. Everest weighs around 43APs (I think, it was listed in 1e so it's been a while since I checked in there) and the Earth was in the 70s I think. Need to check if it comes up but let's just say that in no way possible can Lionheart lift Everest so the Moon and Earth are out of the question. It is technically possible to boost stats via pushing but even so, it'd cost a fortune.

When this issue is concluded (not too long now) I'm going to give you options going forward. You can guide the kind of challenge and adventure/campaign going forward much as the individual Justice League characters would in their own book and come together in the JLA to save the Universe.

Anyway, aside from work kicking my ass this week I have my son to entertain today and he's teaching me how to play Iron of Hearts 4 or whatever its called to conquer the world. Or something. I remember a time when I could soak up/absorb new stuff like a sponge. Now it's like my head is a breeze block and new stuff needs whacking in with a hammer. Age. Sad

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 03 2022, 23:59

LIONHEART

It was something the thousands of onlookers and millions of viewers on TV wouldn't have thought possible in this day and age.

The Ultrahumans HQ, something long considered impregnable, unassailable and invincible, had fallen to super villains and now was - impossibly and literally - rising into the air.

Not slowly either.

Rock and soil fell from underneath and Lionheart angled so he was quickly over the ocean. Gritting his teeth and hoping he didn't break too many laws he accelerated quickly to around 28 miles per second to achieve escape velocity in a shorter time than Nasa's space shuttle. Considering escape velocity was 6.96 miles per second, he was going some but even so it was some way short of his maximum speed.

Not surprising given his burden. There were few if any other massive objectives on Earth that could be lifted in this way. The super alloy reinforced by force field held the massive structure together without even so much as flexing slightly and all those inside were protected appropriately by the Gs of the flight. The hero looked down. He could already see the curvature of the Earth and knew in a few more seconds he'd be in space.

=========

Somewhere in the massive structure...

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!?" roared Atomic Champion.

Anchor Man, the massive superhero famed for his strength and invulnerability, was lying battered at his feet. All about were battered supers in torn up and singed costumes. Atomic Champion had come down on their position hard. They'd held their own against the villains that had come against them and even begin to push back. Then he'd turned up and unceremoniously mopped the floor with them, enjoying it and taking his time.

Now even his own villainous compatriots were shrinking back from his rage as the former hero floated in the air in the corridor. He'd used his massive strength to push against a wall and use his flight to reverse the direction of the huge structure but it hadn't worked. The structure itself was invulnerable to most force and simply soaked up what Atomic Champion threw at it.

"Ummm..." said one of the villains, leaning in to one of the few comm panels not smashed by heroes. "Sensors say we're in the air and..."

"I KNOW THAT! WHAT'S HAPPENING! WHO IS DOING THIS?" roared Atomic Champion.

"Ah... your... I mean your former buddies didn't update the database so it must be a new guy but scans are showing..."

"WHAT?" spluttered Atomic Champion. He dropped to the corridor floor and looked about. "New guy? Not... Miss Victory is in here - somewhere being very very annoying so that must mean - LIONHEART." he snarled. "He can't do this! His records didn't say he could do THIS!" he roared.

"Can't you...? I mean, can you stop him?" asked one of the villains.

"Of course I can! I need to get out first! Even with my power that will take time! This building not only reinforces every load bearing wall with a powerful forcefield it heals the metal near enough as fast as it is damaged! It shrugs off nuclear weapons! To burn my way out of this place I'd have to use my nova heat..."

The villains in orange jump suits looked at each other with some nervousness.

Anchor Man looked up, croaking through broken teeth. "And... you'd fry everyone... in here... including your buddies..." he spluttered.

Atomic Champion looked at him and considered slamming a foot down on his neck but sucked in a breath. "If that's what it takes..." he hissed, and left the room and the frightened/confused inhabitants behind...

=========

MISS VICTORY

The heroine ducked inside a doorway as she heard someone coming.

The structure was definitely moving, be it under its own power somehow or from someone else. It was hard to believe but she suspected it was Lionheart. That said, even she didn't know her own limits - it was impossible to test them when so few things were capable of being a challenge.

Peering through the crack she saw... oh no.

Atomic Champion flying down the corridor coming towards her! This was it. Amped up as he was even Omega Man would seem like a training session compared to what this monster could churn out! She'd have to be at her best, consider surrendering, running... No use in dying because of some macho fist...

He flew past.

Waiting a moment she pulled the door open and looked out. He'd gone down a corridor and around a corner. There were dozens of doors on the corridor he could have checked but he passed and ignored them all.

=========

The structure rose into the edge of space and the burden seemed to shift in Lionhearts' hands.

He could speed up.

So he did.

Using his astonishing speed he flew out from underneath the vast structure, around, scanned the near space area and flew back underneath to push some more.

The moon loomed large, then the structure was past it, in the shadow of the dark side...

=========

He opened his eyes.

By now of course he knew what Atomic Champion had done. His 'buddy' had used his power to somehow manipulate and corrupt or pollute the wound and set up some kind of invisible intangible energy stream from Silver Sentinels' wounded body across the distance from the Sun to the Earth and into Atomic Champion. He was being siphoned from, leeched off.

And something, someone, had just blocked or turned off the tap.

Silver Sentinel was in the centre of the sun, the only place with enough pressure to stop him from 'bleeding out'. Despite his eyes adapting to the intense glare it was tricky to see but he pressed the wound together as best he could and concentrated.

It closed, healing, finally. It wouldn't need much to split it again but the most powerful superhero in the world was no longer bleeding or dying any more. He was, however, angry.

=========

"Any change in the status?" asked Thunder Woman.

She stood on the bridge of the small interstellar spacecraft the Ultras used for away from Earth missions. One of the other heroes, Poseidonis, turned about in his chair. He was encapsulated in his suit filled with sea water which maintain his huge power levels. Said to be 'as powerful as all the oceans on Earth' and a direct descendant of the god Poseidon who was himself an Alien as all the Greek 'Gods' had been, few could match the heroes' power when he was in his home element.

Even now only some of those gathered on the bridge of the vessel and a few left on Earth could compare favourably to the mans' power. Yet he, and the others on the ship taking shifts to watch out for Silver Sentinel, felt helpless.

"Thunder Woman, we need to pull back, check on Earth. It's been hours. The solar radiation is blanking all our signals out and..." he started.

She raised a hand to cut him off. "I know. I just... Sentinel is one of us. We can't leave him. We can trust those left on Earth to handle things. Mentat! Any contact?"

The 'worlds' most powerful mentalist (though some villains would dispute that) turned in her chair. "He went quiet a few moments ago. I re-established contact but he asked for quiet because he was concentrating." she said, frowning. "I didn't think Silver Sentinel NEEDED to concentrate? He was... he just... does things."

Thunder Woman smiled. The man she loved - or more accurately the being, because he was only humanoid in as much as that was the form he used - seemed so good at everything there was no any reason to question or doubt him. Only the limitation that even he couldn't be in two places at once seemed to be the only reason he needed a team about him, but she kept that to herself. In fact... she wasn't even sure he was limited to being in just one place at once...

"Wait!" said Mentat. "He's... something's happening."

All eyes turned to the screen which had a filter over it. Just then there was a distant 'dark spot' on the sun (relatively speaking) and a blur shot past the vessel, shaking it!

"That's him!" said Poseidonis. "Alert the others. Setting in a pursuit course. Translate to warp drive..."

Mentat called over from her station as her hands danced across the keyboard. "Coordinates set! He's too fast to track but Earth has to be the destination. Countdown in four, three, two, one... TRANSLATION!"

The ship turned, engines fired, then an energy field flared up around it!

A second later the ship had gone!

OOC Last post of the issue next!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Jun 04 2022, 14:48

Miss Victory decided that now might be the time to take action against Atomic Champion or would be in minutes. She decided to follow the traitor and see where he was going. Odds were, Lionheart would be wherever the villain was heading.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next