The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat about the game...

+3
DavidMcMahon
dunecat
Admin
7 posters

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next

Go down

Chat about the game... - Page 14 Empty Re: Chat about the game...

Post  Admin Sat Sep 20 2014, 08:49

Time passed? 1 Day, enough to recover from your exertions and for the authorities to swarm all over the Castle site like flies.

Captain Claymore and Grey Druid remain MIA. The Demon in the ruins at Coldstream seemed to 'give in' too easily for Stormbreakers' liking though. More than anything else, be it power, intelligence, treachery, Demons, in Stormbreakers experience, are cunning opponents. This one, being a noble of some kind in their hierarchy, more than most.

Stormy has a few options:

1) Go back to the site look for clues
2) Take what he knows about the Demon (appearance etc) and hit the books, contacts, cook up a gadget in the workshop etc to get some idea of what happened/might yet happened
3) Patrol North of England/Scotland for more potential sites this thing might 'come through'. With two gates discovered, chances are more will be opened from the spirit world into this one.
4) Join up with the other Vanguard - he's only known them for a day (game time) but there is the beginning of trust and friendship there
5) Reestablish his civilian life/identity and keep watch in his own way
6) Contact the authorities and register his interest as a guardian for Justice and Order. At the moment he is a Vigilante, and whilst Scotland is more forgiving to those who tear up the streets in the pursuit of defending citizens, the UK as a whole remembers a few years ago when things built to a head and a superhuman 'civil war' broke out.
7) Something else
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 24 2014, 23:58

I *might* be busy tomorrow night ('homework' I've put off all week Sad ) so possibly no update. If that's the case, have no fear, there will be an update on Friday evening instead, but we'll see how it goes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Sun Sep 28 2014, 03:20

I'm just rebuilding from the ground up Paul.. at this point it's probably simpler then working from an old draft. I just want to check how many HP to use.. I think I was building with 1100 before?

dunecat
Class 2 Hero (Low level superhuman)

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 28 2014, 22:13

That rings a bell. I will dig through the old posts but go with that and see how you get on.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Sun Oct 05 2014, 00:42

I'll work with 1100 then. In the mean time, I can still do strictly roleplay stuff.. so where's my thread at! =P

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Mon Oct 06 2014, 17:11

I'm working my sheet up here at the moment and got curious about something. Do we still know how many HP I picked up in play at this point? I think it was 150 something? I should have my first redraft done up today. I'll throw it up here when I'm ready Very Happy

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07 2014, 09:49

Will dig that out too. A lot of players (well, actually, mostly just Dave E cause the dice always seem to despise him, and it's definitely not me being nasty) didn't have many/any HP to carry over.

The only problem with the 'carry over' points is that they are worth far less than the original character creation points, so once you've made the character, then you can spend the carry over. And yeah, 100-150 sounds familiar. That's what you get when you post on a desktpo, then laptop, tablet etc. Files tend to be scattered. I have backups of loads of stuff (including the entire old forum we played on before we set this one up) but I know where the HP totals are and will take a look.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07 2014, 10:55

Updates this evening for all, ALL I tell you, so get your replies in chaps!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 23 2014, 12:20

Update tonight Smile (Just about to go to work)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 23 2014, 12:54

Admin wrote:Update tonight Smile (Just about to go to work)

Looking forward to it mate, btw have you seen the Avengers trailer out early. WOW.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Oct 23 2014, 13:12

I'm soooo far behind. I just now got Captain America Winter Soldier from Netflix. Haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy either. Got to catch up soon. Razz
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 23 2014, 13:14

DavidMcMahon wrote:I'm soooo far behind.  I just now got Captain America Winter Soldier from Netflix.  Haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy either.   Got to catch up soon.   Razz

Yeah I've not seen GoG either, Netflix here isn't what it is over there. We get a tiny percentage of what you've got available. Shame that so much is locked down in proprietary contracts. Still Capt American is excellent, really made the first ones loose ends tie up well.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Oct 23 2014, 21:29

I just rewatched the first one last month and caught a few things I missed in the theater. The joys of living alone and being able to pause and rewind to my heart's content. Razz
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 23 2014, 22:12

Didn't know about Avengers trailer, looks good. As far as I knew Robert Downey was contracted for 6 films (@megabucks per film) which means Avengers 2 & 3, but there may yet be Iron man 4... Hulkbuster suit looks good.

If I were to spoil it (from what I saw from the trailer)... Hulk goes nuts, Thor, Iron Man and the team get stuck in to stop him, and Black Widow does her getting under your skin thing to calm him down, because I can't see any scenario that has Iron Man actually beating Hulk.

Thor on the other hand...? That would be a rematch worth watching.

Quicksilver is an odd character. Fox use him in the X men films, and here he is in Marvels film. Be nice to see Marvel/Disney get their characters back, but the whole license deal thing Fox and Sony have is that so long as they keep churning out the films, they keep the license.

Even if they are mostly garbage Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 30 2014, 10:43

OOC Rushing about (going to work) plus kids are off this week so free time=zero so excuse the typos (bound to be some!) Will be home around 21.00 and most of tomorrow off so everything up to date by then!

David and Dave, updates tonight on Haunt, Frostbite (and probably Lionheart as well assuming you update in the meantime)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Sat Nov 08 2014, 19:09

So, I had a flurry of inspiration to get Stormbreaker finished back up again. It's a little different then before but the numbers are about where I remember them and I think he'll work more smoothly. I'll get it all moved over from my notebook onto the computer later today and be back to posting again! Huzza!

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 09 2014, 12:03

Yup, updates later today. Just one day off work this week (so 6 days at work, long ones at that) and the coming weekends will be a little bit unreliable for posting because of various bits and pieces on (Classic car show next Saturday, a 40th birthday party all weekend 2 weeks after, then 3 Saturdays before Xmas out in the pub - I took it on myself to arrange the work do. Even if no one else turns up to the pub, I'll have to be there I guess :S *hic*)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dunecat Mon Nov 10 2014, 18:25

Quick thought that might help us all out Paul. Could you make a thread and post up the AP benchmark tables? That way we can all have an idea of what exactly we can do with our characters. I had to work out what Lionheart could lift using a calculator.. and I might have been off a little.

dunecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 12 2014, 21:55

Chat about the game... - Page 14 AP_Benchmark_cropped

When I get chance I'll work out what values 21-30 are and put the whole thing into an excel spreadsheet. Basically (for Dave and Ross' benefit really as David and Ryan know the DC Heroes system) each AP (Attribute point) is worth up to 100% more than the previous one. e.g. 2 Strength lifts 200lbs. 3 strength lifts 400lbs.

It's not exact - to avoid odd fractions and strange values things are rounded every so often, but generally speaking someone with 1AP more is up to twice as good at that thing (stats, skills, powers etc).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Nov 12 2014, 21:59

Thanks mate, just downloaded it to save for a rainy day ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 12 2014, 22:42

Just seen a typo (in the book) - 11AP strength should be 52 tons, not 2 tons Smile Another reason to sort out the spreadsheet...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 23 2014, 12:34

Been a bit of a rubbish week - if not at work had kids/wife/dog/mates nattering at me meaning my time hasn't been my own. Happens. On nights this week which usually means I get left alone, which should hopefully translate into a proper posting regime Smile Fingers crossed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 30 2014, 09:51

Will be caught up today (later on). When I do (finally!) get a day off work got family coming round, or kids climbing all over me, or both :S
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 14 2014, 12:11

Update later today. Got the whole kids/chores/hangover from last night to deal with. Plan to be on every night over coming week as thee week after (Xmas week) will probably be afk (not through choice!) Cheers, Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Dec 14 2014, 14:44

Admin wrote:Update later today. Got the whole kids/chores/hangover from last night to deal with. Plan to be on every night over coming week as thee week after (Xmas week) will probably be afk (not through choice!) Cheers, Paul

Always glad of an update or two as and when Paul ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 39 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 26 ... 39  Next