The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil...

3 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil... - Page 10 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil...

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Mar 22 2012, 10:59

ooc: Take sidekick as your next power upgrade and you got him, I would think.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil... - Page 10 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil...

Post  Admin Thu Mar 22 2012, 23:52

Anyman
110htc
88htk
9 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 3 (corrected)
Dark Power XP 8/10 (level 2)

OOC The Robo Carrier in Glasgow is scrapped and falling - but still capable of spewing out thousands of robotic warriors in theory. You have one in Birmingham, being tackled by Frostbite/Lionheart/Bulletman/Gravity Girl/NoMan/Frostbot and the last (over the British Isles) approaching Manchster with Sky Eagle (and soon Nowhere Boy) tackling that. An application of say, 50 Dark power points will expand your senses and knowledge to know the EXACT location of every Robo Carrier on Planet Earth at this moment. Where they are, their speed, their destination. If you feel a need to make a grand gesture to the United States of America - or Russia or... or even Nazi Germany and potentially end this war, its a possibility. It will take Dark power points and plenty of effort, but it's a plan I'd not thought of and typical of Anymans unconventional day saving schemes. Your call.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 22 2012, 23:54

OOC Frostbite can take on Frostbot as an official sidekick with a power slot. I have not yet updated character sheets for Frostbite and Sentinel so if you'd rather have Sidekick instead of Field Manipulation, we can work something out. Or it can wait - at the moment he's a bit of a gypsy, hopping about into whatever spare Robotic body happens to be lying around, and living for the rest of the time (which seems like months ago now) inside Frostbites head. Your call...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Mar 23 2012, 00:16

OOC The Robo Carrier in Glasgow is scrapped and falling - but still capable of spewing out thousands of robotic warriors in theory. You have one in Birmingham, being tackled by Frostbite/Lionheart/Bulletman/Gravity Girl/NoMan/Frostbot and the last (over the British Isles) approaching Manchster with Sky Eagle (and soon Nowhere Boy) tackling that. An application of say, 50 Dark power points will expand your senses and knowledge to know the EXACT location of every Robo Carrier on Planet Earth at this moment. Where they are, their speed, their destination. If you feel a need to make a grand gesture to the United States of America - or Russia or... or even Nazi Germany and potentially end this war, its a possibility. It will take Dark power points and plenty of effort, but it's a plan I'd not thought of and typical of Anymans unconventional day saving schemes. Your call.

Let's expand my senses. If the others have the other carriers in hand, then pick some place else to do this. How about Washington DC and then Austrailia for the final hop?
If I really had a lot of Dark Power points, which I don't, I could see planet hopping and dropping the stack on top of another carrier and so on and so on until I had an Empire State Building stack of carriers on each other. Wouldn't that be neat? cheers
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Mar 23 2012, 07:04

Admin wrote:OOC Frostbite can take on Frostbot as an official sidekick with a power slot. Or it can wait - at the moment he's a bit of a gypsy, hopping about into whatever spare Robotic body happens to be lying around, and living for the rest of the time (which seems like months ago now) inside Frostbites head. Your call...

OOC:
Hmm No I don't want to 'waste' a power slot having him be my sidekick, I think that is what he has become - that I have been without him for months has meant I have effectively been down a power this whole time as I couldn't benefit from having him so in many respects he has been a sidekick only not at my side!!

What I wouldn't want is for me to have him as a sidekick and never be able to have him leap back into me, esp if something happened to his robotic body! If computer brain can become sidekick as well - which in effect has been happening, then all good and well if not we'll leave as is until get more power options.

Admin wrote:OOC Grade 2 Tough Skin costs 15, 2 Grades of strength costs 30 points. You have 78 Dark Power points remaining. Dark power growth is 2, Dark power experience is 1/10. If you're ok with those powers/points switch to the other thread with Lionheart/Bulletman and co to act against the Robo Carrier.[/i]

Frostbite mumbled to himself, "Enough is enough, this has to stop!"

First he made sure he was healed, he'd still be hurting but the pain had numbed his body. Then he looked around to the others and said, "Someone want to tell me what is going on around here?"

OOC:
I was all for blasting away when I realised the the virus Frostbot had launched might make me taking an action premature. So lets not go for tough skin and strength just yet, instead lets get extra vigour to heal up and then I'll hold my frames to better pick my powers to sink up with what Frostbot is doing.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 24 2012, 00:19

Anyman
110htc
88htk
9 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 3 (corrected)
Dark Power XP 8/10 (level 2)

OOC Anyman summons more Dark Power to expand his senses... assume he goes for 7 points (with extra 3 from Dark power growth) vs Ego 12... roll 16 for Anyman, 7 for Dark power. Once more he summons the darkness from within... Dark power points 9,1,7,10,4,3,7=41 x 2=82 points. 50 points expands Anymans senses...

Anyman blinked... he looked about, seeing in an instant the world as if he hovered above it. Every major country on each of the continents had its most inhabited or important population centres targeted by the Robo Carriers. In Britain, Glasgow, London, Birmingham and Manchester had been the targets. America had New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC... Germany had Berlin, Hamburg and Munich...

Millions of screaming people, about to be rounded up or slaughtered by the merciless mechanical army spreading across the Earth.

Anyman knew the location, the exact location, of each Robo Carrier. It's speed, trajectory, target... The knowledge wouldn't last long. He could find anything or anyone on Planet Earth, but right now, all of that paled into insignificance.

In the next 24 hours mankind faced slavery or extinction...

Anyman
110htc
88htk
9 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 4
Dark Power XP 9/10 (level 2)
32 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +12 grades (4fr remaining)
Teleportation Grade 4 (4fr remaining)
Ultra Senses Grade 3 (8fr remaining)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 24 2012, 00:55

Frostbite
30/60htc+72 (4fr)
20/48htk+72 (4fr)
8 Hero points
Dark power XP 0/10 (level 2)
15 energy
92 Dark power points
Vigour Grade 1 (4fr)

With a thought Frostbite empowered himself with vigour, forming about himself a shield that would absorb incoming damage! It would not last for long, and was no substitute for healing himself, but it would provide temporary protection if need be.

Gravity Girl looked over to him "Joe!" she cried. "It's good to...where have...? Did you bring...?" she looked about. "I don't see an army!"

NoMan explained "These huge vessels carry thousands of robotic soldiers. Their intention is to drop them over populated centres, presumably to enslave or destroy the people. We will stop them, or die trying."

Bulletman nodded "What he said."

Frostbite looked over to Lionheart, clad in ordinary army fatigues, and the glowing woman hovering near him. She looked familiar.

"Hello Joseph Hoskyn. Do you recall my appearance? I am... was... Elizabeth Carter. Peeler 33. My new codename is Sunburst!" she said to Frostbite.

Gravity Girl looked at the carrier, which had been silent. "Somethings happening!"

Electricity played across the ship as systems burnt out, the blue field flickered, the ship stuttered and shuddered! Frostbite could feel his electronic persona inside the vessel, battling against the leviathan which fought it at every step! He suddenly twitched, knowing Frostbot had made a breakthrough - they'd won! They...

CLONK!

The great doors opened beneath the carrier, and metal spheres fell from racks before the mechanical arms holding them in great clusters could hold them in place! Dozens, perhaps a hundred or slightly more of the spheres clanked and clattered to the unsuspecting city below! Frostbot 'jumped on it' stopping more from being released from magnetic clamps! In another minute or so, Frostbot would have control of the vessel - it was inevitable now - but the robots that had been released were out, acting independently and working to their last, final order - ANNIHILATE!

OOC this could get messy. 2m metal spheres fell from the underside of the ship towards Birmingham. There they will unfurl into a variety of automated killing machines! Meanwhile Frostbot is -slowly - winning the battle against the computer mind on board the Leviathan. If he can pull this off, Frostbite might yet trump Anyman in the 'who can capture the most/biggest ships' stakes! Over to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Mar 24 2012, 08:51

Admin wrote:Frostbite
OOC this could get messy. 2m metal spheres fell from the underside of the ship towards Birmingham. There they will unfurl into a variety of automated killing machines! Meanwhile Frostbot is -slowly - winning the battle against the computer mind on board the Leviathan. If he can pull this off, Frostbite might yet trump Anyman in the 'who can capture the most/biggest ships' stakes! Over to you...

Frostbite had to think fast, he could see that Frostbot might win, but at what cost in the meantime as these things were let loose. He had to do something improbable or risk Birmingham suffering irreparable damage, which might well loose the war.

Calling on the Dark Power, Frostbite focused on the unlikely thought of these creatures all suffering a massive a critical malfunction at once.

OOC:
Ok summon dark power to get enough grades of probability manipulation to cause a massive and systemic power failure or programme failure or mechanical failure, not only to these carry, but to spread to them all. No point messing about. All points on causing the craft to settle safely down as a consequence and power down into a non active, non confrontational state. I'll use whatever Hero points are necessary to keep the Dark Power in check.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Mar 24 2012, 11:46

Anyman knew the location, the exact location, of each Robo Carrier. It's speed, trajectory, target... The knowledge wouldn't last long. He could find anything or anyone on Planet Earth, but right now, all of that paled into insignificance.

In the next 24 hours mankind faced slavery or extinction...

Okay, going with my idea of teleporting the falling ships on top of each new ship, causing their shields to crash, and teleporting that mess to the next ship and the next and the next until I run out of Dark Power Points. Will re-up the use of Dark Powers to continue to do this, using hero points to not go nova, until I either pass out or become convinced that one more time would result in me losing control.

As to cities where the ships are, doing Washington DC, New York City - might get them into the war if we survive, and all the cities of the British Empire that do not have 'supers' fighting for them. After that, assuming I still can do this, any other nearby cities that need help. The Axis cities are last on my list.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 25 2012, 20:21

Frostbite
44/60htc+72 (2fr)
33/48htk+72 (2fr)
8 Hero points
Dark power XP 1/10 (level 2)
Dark Power Growth 2
15 energy
0 Dark power points (65 on Prob man, rest on healing)
Vigour Grade 1 (2fr)

Frostbite concentrated. Gravity Girl cringed, knowing what was coming, hoping and trusting that Frostbite could control that mysterious all powerful force inside as Anyman had done so often. He narrowed his eyes, then gestured. The air around seemed to grow heavy, and the Vanguardians gasped, holding their breath. What would happen next?

OOC Spend 20 points on Probability manipulation, then bung it up three grades, all costing 65 points. Roll of 13 on 1d100 so no hero points required and...

The carrier suddenly shuddered, then started to lower, aiming for a park, one of the only areas large enough for it to land! The robotic spheres landed and... nothing! They simply clattered to a stand, inert, non-functional and for the most part, simply turned off!

The carrier landed, and the team looked at the robots that had fallen to the deck, each frozen in place where they'd fallen. There was a hum, then the carrier engines powered down. The people of Birmingham, having expected doom, came outside instead to look upon this ... this thing, this impossibly large vessel that dwarfed any man made object ever seen before! It sat in a park, hydraulic legs having retracted and eased onto, and into the floor - despite the gravity field providing it structural strength and nullifying some of its weight, it was still a colossal thing!

Gravity Girl walked over to Frostbite "I don't know whether to congratulate you, or be completely terrified of you!" she laughed, relieved. "Thank you!" she added, and hugged Joe. Suddenly he twitched, and she pulled back. His chestplate started glowing, and Frostbite heard the voice in his head. 'You provided the means I needed to replace key programming in this vessels database. I have placed a number of subroutines in place that will complete the wipe and reprogram so that when the vessel powers up again, it shall respond to our commands.' Frostbot said in his head.

NoMan stood aside with Bulletman, gazing as the others did on the colossal near mile long length of the vessel. An impossible feat of engineering, it was now theirs. He looked across at Frostbite then turned to Bulletman. "You don't have to say it NoMan." said Bulletman, quietly. "But I'll voice your question anyway. What happens if the Vanguard ever turn bad?"

Lionheart stood, looking at Sunburst (Beth) who hovered feet away. "Their power still takes the breath away - if I could still breath, that is." she said, smiling sadly. "They couldn't save my body Richard. Instead they placed my mind, my memories, my feelings, into an artificial form." She finished her words at that.

Frostbite looked about. He'd, quite literally, done the impossible, again. He couldn't help but feel though that at some point, there would be a price to pay...

=========

Across the Universe

The Devourer noted the shifting of reality, the probability manipulation that had taken place. So much power in the hands of mortal beings who played with it as a god might a toy! Power the Devourer would take for itself, and add to its collective. It considered though. Whilst it was, essentially, the most powerful entity in the multiverse, these beings represented the unknown. It would take a great effort and be costly in terms of resources to get what it wanted unless...

It began to form a plan...

=========

The V-Ship landed on the deck, smoke pouring from a number of damaged places. It looked distinctly second hand!

Peelers, RAF personnel and technicians, even Skrall technicians, came out to look at the spoils of war. It was damaged after the fight, its back was broken and it would labour through the air instead of soar, but all of that was an inconvenience - once reactivated it would start the repair process that would see this thing rebuilt in the next few days.

'Frostbite? This is Wynn. Good job. Listen up. The PM has been on. We can't let the Nazis run roughshod over us like this. When you, Anyman, Sentinel and Sky Eagle have finished messing about, we need to discuss what we're going to do about the Nazis. In short...'

'The PM wants us to win the war. At any cost...'

OOC spent the rest of your Dark Power points on healing. Anyman has taken out the Glasgow Robo Carrier and plans to take out several in America. That will be costly and dangerous. Sentinel is taking on the Nazi bombers, Sky Eagle is taking on (with Nowhere Boy) the Manchester Carrier (but with his Real Life issues/posting rate that will probably happen 'outside' of main game continuity in some way). The rest of the world is under siege from Robo Carriers, and every time the Dark Power is used, the Devourer takes notice. There's a reckoning coming... Does the team want to return to Bletchley, or head off towards another Robo Carrier - perhaps in France where there are two, one heading for Paris, the other towards Lyon? Bentham and Trowers have, once more, sneaked off leaving someone to clear up their mess, and intend to leave the timeline. The Devourer is on its way, the Nazis are still invading Britain (its the tail end of the battle of Britain) unaware that behind them, Robo Carriers will conquer their home. The world is in a mess - but it's not a clear cut thing, with disaster assured. The power of the Vanguard stands between the World and Oblivion, always assuming the Vanguard don't trigger the oblivion they seek to avert!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 26 2012, 00:47

Anyman
110htc
88htk
9 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 4
Dark Power XP 9/10 (level 2)
32 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +12 grades
Teleportation Grade 4
Ultra Senses Grade 3 (4fr remaining)

Anyman stooped, taking a good handful of metal. Were it possible without the thing disintegrating, he could easily heft the thing, despite its weight. The power that coursed through him was not meant to be wielded by mortal man. His power was beyond the comprehension of man, or computer mind. The Robo Carriers had fallen to his might relatively easily - no Earthly thing could stand against such might as he wielded! Anyman glanced at his fist, knowing that he had the power to shatter mountains. Power enough to save this world?

'Or conquer it? James Caldwell, the man from Nowhere, has resisted the power, the call of the power, longer than anyone. He is a fool, and weak, not to use the might that we give. Your power is greater than that of ANY man right now. You can save this world and mould it to your will, make it the most powerful world in the multiverse!'
said the Dark power inside his head.

Anyman paused for a second then looked at the length and breadth of the vessel he'd conquered.

A heartbeat later, it vanished, along with Anyman!

OOC 40htc taken...

With another thought he teleported again, a safe distance to watch an incalculable weight drop upon a Robo Carrier headed to Washington DC. The sound of the vessel smashing into the other was absolutely deafening, like a mountain range being detonated by a trillion tons of TNT!

Despite the nigh on impregnable shields protecting the Robo Carrier, they could not withstand the all encompassing destruction that reined down on it from above!

Feeling the power drain from him, Anyman knew he had moments to summon the Dark power again and pull off the same trick over New York and the cities of Chicago and Los Angeles...

OOC Hero point at the ready. This has the very real potential to get EXTREMELY messy depending on Dice rolls. Washington DC stands ready to be saved from TWO falling Robo Carriers... or to die in a rain of fire and fury! Anyman has 12 Ego, he needs a mountain of points to pull off this stunt, so I'll assume he wants 10 Dark power (and that may well be not enough, depends on rolls). He needs teleportation grade 4 (65 points) and strength grade +12 again in order to lift the weight he's trying to teleport...Best make it 12 Dark power points and hope for the best. Roll of 7 for Anyman (+12)=19, Roll of 12 for Dark power (+16)=28. Hero Point adds another roll... best hope for a good one... Roll of 4+6 (10) means total is 29.

So, 1 point saves the people of Washington DC from death by Dark Power... 12d10 Dark power points... 6,1,8,4,6,6,7,3,10,6,7,1=65 x 2= 130 points. Teleport Grade 4 is 65, leaving 6 grades of Strength to add (+72 points). Not enough. However, you are now Dark Power Level 3

Anyman
70/110htc
88htk
8 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 5
Dark Power XP 10/10 (level 3) now 0/20
7 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +6 grades (8fr remaining)
Teleportation Grade 4 (8fr remaining)
Ultra Senses Grade 3 (4fr remaining)

Teleporting again underneath the attacking Robo Carrier, Anyman grabbed a fist full of metal, then heaved! His strength wasn't enough! Glancing down at the city below he grunted, wondering if... He had only moments to decide!

OOC Dark power again... I assume he'll need another 90 points to buy 6 grades of strength. He is Dark power level 3 so only needs a roll of 30, so 8d10 should suffice. Hero Point at the ready... Ego 12 + Roll 9=21. Dark Power ego 8+Growth 5+Roll 15 (after a double of 2)=28. Hero point again gives 15 Rolled for a total of 36. 8D10 Dark power gives 10,7,3,1,6,7,2,3=39 x 3=107 points. That buys him his extra strength and gives a total of 24 points left over.

With a colossal effort Anyman summons extra strength from somewhere, then grunts with the effort! He teleports again, over Chicago... Falling away he teleports to safety, watching TWO Robo Carriers smash into another and nigh on flatten it! Unfortunately it's over the city, and it will require even more strength to grab all three and teleport them away! Did Anyman have anything left to give?

OOC Costs 15htc to teleport this lot across the country.

Anyman
55/110htc
88htk
7 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 6
Dark Power XP 1/20 (level 3)
24 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +12 grades (6fr remaining for 6 grades, 4fr for others)
Ultra Senses Grade 3 (2fr remaining)

OOC I predict disaster at the next attempt. Your senses are running out, the Dark power has come close already to taking over. The people of Chicago were already staring up at the sky in fear and terror. Will their doom come from their supposed saviour instead? Still want to try to shift three of these things? That's more weight than even your current strength level can handle, so you will need more Dark power. If you somehow manage it and go to Los Angeles, four of the things will probably look quite impressive, stacked atop one another, but I predict it'll all end in tears... I'm liking the way its going so far though Smile You're really getting into the swing of godlike power Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 26 2012, 04:10

ooc: Let's stop with these three. Drop them into the Grand Canyon giving myself the strength to do so. Then reassess what needs to be done.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 26 2012, 12:56

Anyman
55/110htc
88htk
7 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 6
Dark Power XP 1/20 (level 3)
24 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +12 grades (6fr remaining for 6 grades, 4fr for others)
Ultra Senses Grade 3 (2fr remaining)

Struggling to keep in control, Anyman summons yet more Dark power from within!

OOC For every grade of strength at this level you add over 200,000 tons. You'll need around 700,000 so lets say 3 grades of extra strength. Go for... 4 points of Dark power (+6 growth)+ Roll 5 vs 12 Ego+Roll 12. made it. 32 rolled, x3, means 96 extra points. Easily enough to buy 4 grades of strength (60 points) and make it look easy whilst healing up to 100htc after the teleport...

The miniscule figure of Anyman teleported under the bottom Robo Carrier, concentrated for a second then the whole lot vanished!

And reappeared over the grand canyon! It started to fall to pieces under the collected weight, and Anyman teleported away as the combined mass of millions of tons smashed into the ground, filling a canyon! A second later a COLOSSAL explosion rang out, causing the canyon sides to burst outwards and the canyon itself to fill with fire for hundreds of metres in every direction! Thick black smoke filling the sky in a massive choking column and a fire raged that would burn for days!

A mile away, Anyman sagged back into the sand. He healed himself and rose, dusting himself down. He still retained the strength he'd just gained and had time enough for one last teleport before that power faded too.

Watching with satisfaction at the burning mountain of metal, he knew there was one more to stop before the United States was safe - over Los Angeles.

Anyman
100/110htc
88htk
7 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 7
Dark Power XP 2/20 (level 3)
0 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +4 grades (10fr) +6 Grades (4fr)
Teleportation Grade 4 (2fr remaining)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Mar 26 2012, 15:06

"Right! Time to finish this," he said to himself. Remembering hearing about a comic book character catching fire in the United States, he shifts into the form of Superman! He then teleports to the ship near Los Angeles.

"If Los Angeles goes, then Hollywood would go too," Lance the actor mutters. "Can't have that!"

He ignores the dark voice in his head ... this time.

actions: Teleport to LA, Hit ship, break force field, teleport the mass to the burning Grand Canyon, where he probably killed a few people with his actions - forest rangers and visitors - but he couldn't think of anyplace to drop them where they might not cause problems later on and still get their hands on either the technology or metals from that ship.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 26 2012, 16:31

OOC Does the team want to return to Bletchley, or head off towards another Robo Carrier - perhaps in France where there are two, one heading for Paris, the other towards Lyon?

Feeling a whole lot better, Frostbite called everyone together. "Listen up, we've got more of these things still attacking major areas - France for one. But Wynn and the PM want us back for the war. Trouble is the war we signed up for isn't the same one. Stand by will I work out with HQ what we need to do."

Calling on Wynn, Frostbite took a moment to get to his old friend and companion. Besides himself Wynn had been the oldest member of the Vanguard, only Nowhere Man beat them in terms of how long they'd carried the dark shadows within them and even now he worried about what they may yet have to do in order to stop the many menaces still ranged against them. He was still deeply troubled by what his power had done recently. Something he wasn't keen to repeat again here.

Wynn, listen, sir. This war has just got a whole lot more complicated. We've managed to stop these Robo carriers from destroying us here, but there are many more around the globe. If they are not stopped they will get a foothold that will make us welcome the Nazi's with open arms in preference. We have to shift our priorities sir, France is under attack. I'm minded, sir, to send Lionheart and the Justicars to help Silver Sentinel and for me to Join Anyman taking out the rest of these Robo carriers, Sir!"

Frostbite waited for Wynn's response.

OOC:
Priority is the Robo Carriers and Frostbite has a mind to go do this unless Wynn can convince him otherwise. He knows this is a terrible risk, but letting the pencil pushers protect our own back yard whilst the rest of the world goes to hell in a handbasket, is a terrible idea.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 27 2012, 23:17

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a crazed Englishman with an overdeveloped 'dramatic gland'?

Anyman/Superman
teleported to Los Angeles (OOC cost 15htc) taking his best guess and getting reasonably close.

He stood on the hill overlooking Hollywood in the shadow of the letters, and cringed at the thought of appearing inside a solid object! Something, some...

'Dark Sense' chuckled the voice inside.

'Don't listen to it!' said the other voice inside Anymans head. 'There's only so much one man can do Lance! If you call on the dark power you could destroy all of these...'

'Ah be quiet. The mortal FINALLY figured out what the Dark power is for. You are amongst the most powerful beings in the whole of reality! Only now are you beginning to realise that the power you are wielding is the tip of a very large iceberg! What lies below the waves is hidden from the light, yes, but once you open your eyes to it.... Then, THEN will you realise your true potential. Caldwell denies it but he alone in the multiverse has the potential to wield the power! Or so I thought. You, too, have that potential... USE THE POWER!'

With his teleportation gone, strength waning and soon not able to dent that nigh on impervious shield about it, Anyman looked on at the distant vessel in the sky, lumbering towards the heart of the vast metropolis that was L.A. 'Superman' swirled his cape around himself. Could he emulate the hero who'd driven the sales of millions of comic books across America?

OOC For starters the Carrier is two miles away, and about 1 mile up. It's as large as life, and Anyman can hear the screams from here! Tiny dots buzz about it - the US Air Force - and the black trail of smoke from dozens of planes before they slam into the floor confirms what Anyman knows already. Only the Vanguard, with the Dark Power, can stand a chance against these murderous death machines! Dark power or get closer and see if there's some way to sort this thing out up close and personal?

Anyman
85/110htc
88htk
7 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 7
In effect: Super Strength +4 grades (8fr) +6 Grades (2fr)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 27 2012, 23:40

Frostbite pulsed his thoughts to General Wynn who paused, then replied.

'We're running around like headless chickens Joe. The World will have to watch out for itself. Our priority is to stop the Nazis from bombing Great Britain back into the stone age. Once we secure our people, we Vanguard will have to act to save the world. The Nazis, or at least Lionhearts friends Mr Trowers and Bentham, are responsible for this mess. So long as they don't have what they want - Lionheart - they are in as much of a mess as the rest of us. And thanks to you, we have one of these bloody great ships! Who knows what secrets it could hold? Good job Joe, good job. For now, we'll get Peelers out there to see the latest toy, and doubtless the Boffins won't have the first idea of what to do with it...'

There was a pause.

'But I do. We'll use it as a b... what the bloody hell is...?'

Frostbite narrowed his eyes, then pulsed a thought which came out loud. 'General Wynn? Clive?'

Lionheart looked over from where he stood with Beth. "Something up?"

'Bletchley Park is under attack!'
shouted Wynn inside Frostbites head! Frostbites heart jumped - Wynn was an old man. Oh he was a Vanguardian, but how much could his old frame take when the Dark Power was used?

NoMan, Bulletman and Gravity Girl waited (they couldn't hear what went on in Frostbites head). They were still trying to take in the length and breadth of the vessel they stood on!

Nearby, the V-Ship sat, still smoking from the various strikes on its hull. It was ready to transport the Vanguard to wherever they needed to go. In the meantime police started to arrive on the scene, as did the army. This place would soon resemble the worlds strangest circus!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Mar 28 2012, 03:45

OOC For starters the Carrier is two miles away, and about 1 mile up. It's as large as life, and Anyman can hear the screams from here! Tiny dots buzz about it - the US Air Force - and the black trail of smoke from dozens of planes before they slam into the floor confirms what Anyman knows already. Only the Vanguard, with the Dark Power, can stand a chance against these murderous death machines! Dark power or get closer and see if there's some way to sort this thing out up close and personal?

ooc: Actually, it is still the Army Air Corps. The Air Force isn't formed until either the very end of the war or just after it. I forget which

Since Allard doesn't have Frostbot's ability to reprogram the ship. Not even sure how you would do that. Would probability maninpulation be the way to do that? It can't just be a computer programming skill? If it is and since that is listed under the power set, could he use that with Dark Power? Putty would be the one who would know a bit about computer programming.

If that won't work then I guess we try something else. Not sure which is cheaper because I want cheaper at this point. Too much Dark Power too often. Something is going to blow.

I want to either teleport to the ship, hit it as hard as I usually need to hit it to break the force field and amke the ship start to fall apart. Then teleport it away, probably towards the ocean since it is so close and let it fall into the ocean. Continental Shelf is only a mile or so off shore so it can go deep not far away, unlike the Atlantic Ocean side of the US.

Or I want to use super flight and strength, come at it from the land side and smash into it and head it out to the ocean for the same kind of result.

Or I want to get on the ship and use probility manipulation to reprogram the ship to our side and all the robots inside it.

Again, whatever is cheapest to do in Dark Power points.

Hero Point to keep from losing control

I also assume I am getting the same telepathic message that all the other Vanguards are getting so I need to get back to England as fast as I can after dealing with this ship.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Mar 28 2012, 07:04

'Bletchley Park is under attack!'

"Saddly up, we're off to Bletchley, Wynn and the others are under attack. Best Speed Spartan and don't spare the Horses!"

Frostbite said as he phased straight into the ship allow the others bare moments to catch up before the ship was again rising into the air and speeding as best its battered body could manage to Bletchley.

OOC:
I would have teleported us all there, but right now since we don't know what we're facing I decided it might be best to just get their before I start throwing power around willy nilly.

Did you see my note that I am away from Sat to Maundy Thursday? Not sure what that means in terms of the thread whilst I am gone?

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 28 2012, 10:55

OOC will be doing full updates later today (about to go out again) but I'll be starting a new thread for:

Frostbite
Lionheart
Sunburst
Gravity Girl
Bulletman
NoMan
(Frostbot if he gets another body) so will PM you when it's up, as opposed to the usual head scratching when there's no replies after 3 days. No worries about the away part - I'll still be here, and the breather will allow me to get more stuff written up (including the character sheets. Done Sentinels, everyone else needs theirs updating)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Mar 31 2012, 03:55

Does Lance Allard, Actor, Save Hollywood? Somebody wants to Know! Shocked
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Mar 31 2012, 11:14

OOC update today, sorry. Just about to go to work but will either update from there or later today. Yours is up next
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 01 2012, 00:09

OOC Frostbot is a 'living computer' and as such isn't really a sit down and type programs in sort of thing. That said, it has its downsides - essentially Frostbite has been 'down' a power for big chunks of the game whilst it gallivants about having adventures of its own. So the Computer Skills thing is out, but you are right - Putty would be of help with computer programming, coming from the computer and having been taught in school, plus being an alien and having an innate interest in such things.

That leaves Dark Power. We are coming to a time where you'll not be able to rely on the Dark Power, but until then it is your best hope against the world shattering enemies you are ranged against.

Anyman
85/110htc
88htk
7 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 7
In effect: Super Strength +4 grades (6fr)

The Question is, how much Dark Power to go for? Probability Manipulation you have used before with great effect. It's a good idea. Strength in the levels required is expensive, but you will have 88 Strength to start with.

I assume you will use a Hero Point if needed. Playing it safe right now is probably the best option buts adds another Dark Power Growth for little gain.We'll try for 8 Dark Power points (with the growth, 15 Dark Ego). Anyman 12 Ego + Roll 14=26. Dark Power 15 Ego + Roll 15=30. Hero point for Anyman Roll 14. Dark Power check passed.

8D10=7,2,5,1,8,3,8,7 (39 x 3=117 points)

Teleport Grade 3 is 50 points.
Probability Manipulation grade 4 is 65 points OR
4 Extra Grades of Strength - which might not be enough.

We'll go with Probability Manipulation...

=========

Anyman
55/110htc
88htk
6 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 8
Dark Power XP 3/20 (level 3)
2 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +4 grades (2fr)
Teleport: Grade 3 (8fr)
Probability Manipulation: Grade 4 (8fr)

Anyman took a deep breath, then teleported, started to fall, then teleported again. (OOC Health reduced above)

Drawing in deep breaths he landed on the deck of the vast Robo Carrier, knowing that in moments the thing would be over the centre of the city and would spew out thousands of Robots! The defenceless people below would be slaughtered! Around him dozens of spheres popped from the deck, bulging then forming into 2m high metal mirrored spheres which started to unfold, growing arms and becoming the deadly killing machines that would attempt to scythe Anyman down!

Knowing he had no time to waste, Anyman closed his eyes, even as the enemy closed in on him! He thrust out a hand, concentrated, then called upon a power of the universe, a primal force that was hard to quantify or measure, to predict or make allowance for. The power of chaos, luck, fortune, chance...

"What are the chances of this ship suddenly and completely falling under my control, rejecting its programming and denying access to anything out there that might be able to turn it against me?" muttered Anyman under his breath, even as a robot raised a large calibre gun to his head, only inches away!

Impossible. It was *almost* impossible.

Anyman smiled. Impossible was part of everyday life!

OOC Roll 86... not low enough...

CLICK! He heard the weapon arm, as if time had slowed, and felt nothing happen underneath him. The ship was still heading towards the centre of the city... He felt rather than saw the robots around him close in, all raising weapons!

OOC Use a hero point... Roll 22... Near enough.

Ankyman felt something happen. Some strange field, a shimmering of energy, the fabric of the universe as it twisted and reformed to do Anymans will!

The Robots stopped. The ship stopped.

Anyman saqged back, sitting on the deck of the ship. A robot slowly turned its head, then asked "WHAT ARE YOUR ORDERS?"

Anyman
55/110htc
88htk
5 Hero Points
Dark Power Growth 8
Dark Power XP 3/20 (level 3)
2 Dark power points remaining
In effect: Super Strength +4 grades (2fr)
Teleport: Grade 3 (8fr)
Probability Manipulation: Grade 4 (8fr)

Anyman only wished it were possible to affect the entire world with the probability altering power he'd used a heartbeat before... if only there were...

He stopped. Looked about. The Robots stood waiting for his orders. The surviving Army planes buzzed about, staying well clear of the ship but wondering why those deadly guns had stopped! With the help of the others - Nowhere Boy, Frostbite, Silver Sentinel, Sky Eagle, General Wynn... might it be possible to somehow alter reality, reversing the effects of the time travel and all the damage Bentham and Trowers had done?

He felt exhausted, elated, aware that he'd saved the United States of America single handedly. The Grand Canyon was full of smashed metal, burning and spewing black smoke into the sky. There might still be robots moving through the wreckage, seeking a way to escape and bring death to Americans. There wouldn't be many of them, but chances were that there would be some.

Allard eased himself to his feet and walked to the edge of the deck, quite a walk on the vast vessel. He looked down at the sprawling city below, the distant sign on the hill, all the famous landmarks. Across the world other cities were being killed, destroyed, burnt by the murderous Robot invaders. If things carried on as they were, would there be much of a world left to save?

OOC Lance Allard saves Hollywoodland! What next for our hero? He has another Robo Carrier, obedient to his wishes and ready to do his bidding...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Apr 01 2012, 06:05

OOC Lance Allard saves Hollywoodland! What next for our hero? He has another Robo Carrier, obedient to his wishes and ready to do his bidding....

Still looking like Superman, Anyman waves to the planes.

"This is Anyman," he pulses to all the Vanguard. "I have taken over a ship that was heading for Hollywood. I also control its robots. What do you want me to do with it? Also came up with an idea on how to save everyone and put things back in place. Dangerous idea. Tell you later about that."

ooc: Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with it. Do I go to the Grand Canyon and make sure those ships and robots are dead? Do I go to England to help out the fight there? Do I go to France? Egypt?

Also, do I have any Dark Points left over for healing?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 01 2012, 11:35

OOC 2 points left over for healing...

With regards 'where next', perhaps a trip over to Washington DC and meet with President Roosevelt might be in order. Presenting this leviathan of a vessel to him and congress and telling them that you stopped four of these things wiping out the entire country might well persuade them that it's time to get into the war early. On the other hand, with two of these things now under the Vanguards control (one in England one in America) you are, perhaps, representative of the most powerful nation on planet Earth! Does Britain still harbour dreams of Empire? Perhaps the Vanguard should let the robots have their way with their enemies, and save only their friends?

Or that 'final solution' whereby the team gathers, pools their power and warps reality on a scale not seen before to restore the timeline to the natural way of things? Might that also head off the threat of the Devourer, or increase its pace towards the Earth? Might be something you want to chat to about with the others before plunging in head first...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next