The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil...

3 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil... - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil...

Post  Admin Tue Jan 24 2012, 23:21

NoMan, Guillotine and Bulletman watched as Lionheart and Anyman hefted a plane. One grabbed the tail section, the other, the nose. As bullets zipped about them the pair hefted the dead weight through the air!

OOC lifting the bomber would be ok for Bulletman, but throwing it is out of his strength range. NoMan can copy grade 1 powers (or higher grade powers but only with grade 1 effect) from someone he touches, but won't copy any of the team unless they give him permission. He would not be able to copy the Hyper-Kinesis power. Dave M, have no problem with you shifting form for 'flavour'. It's all part of the weirdness that Anyman brings to the game Smile

The plane flew through the air!

OOC I will assume Lionheart throws it, for arguments sake. DC 10 is the target, roll 9+9 (Double!) followed by 10+5, 34 total, plus WC3 plus DC10 -17. Total is 30 accuracy. Or in other words *kaboom!*

The bomber smashed into the deck and slid across it, scooping up a dozen of the walking death dealers and sliding off the edge of the carrier taking the machines with it! The others walked on, regardless, and set their sights on gunning down the intruders!

OOC Initiative 8 heroes, 7 robots. You have 1 frame. There are 8 robots remaining, all armed with these big nasty machine guns. They are 15m away, so unless you move, you'll need to use a distance attack but have only 1 frame before the robots take their 3 frames.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil... - Page 3 Empty Re: World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil...

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jan 25 2012, 04:19

HOw many more planes do we have to throw at them?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 25 2012, 06:54

DavidMcMahon wrote:How many more planes do we have to throw at them?

OOC:
Ok I am going to hold my frame to use them more effectively afterwards. For the time being assume I am dodging as a combat response, if needed.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 25 2012, 08:33

OOC 2 planes to throw to wipe them out. 1 frame to lift, another to throw. If only one of you picks the plane up the chances of that section breaking in your hands is increased (so you only throw a chunk). Lionheart - noted about saving frame. Someone list actions for Guillotine (she is taking cover behind a plane and equipped with a pistol, several grenades and her jet pack), NoMan (currently has shapeshifting powers, reasonably strong, and can stretch), and Bulletman (Dave M to call for him. Powers as listed. Against metallic foes he should be quite useful...) Also list for those characters any reactions to being struck (dodge or parry) if need be, or if they'll just take the hit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Jan 25 2012, 10:10

ooc: Holding frame as well to act on them together. Have NoMan and Bulletman do the same.

'NoMan. Bulletman. If you are not strong enough to throw a plane, roll the damn thing at them," Anyman orders the two. "One more time, Lionheart! That should wipe out most of them."

"He's bloody mad," Bulletman mutters to NoMan as he prepares to do what he is told.

actions: Hold and then attack using the two planes. If Lionheart does something else, still do it and throw chunks if that's what I get. Have NoMan and Bulletman roll their plane towards the foes.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 26 2012, 00:06

The robots walked closer. If they got any nearer Anymans' plan to attack by hurling the planes would be useless! The deadly automatons also opened fire! For some reason (well, everyone knows the reason actually) the robots seemed focussed on Anyman, but only in the way that an extra one turned their gun on him... Bulletman and Lionheart also attracted extra attention!

OOC There are 8 robots, 5 of you. Each attack by the robots takes 1 action. Lionhearts DC is down to 2 with his Grade 2 Speed, and dodge mod up to +11. Two attacks on him: 11 (+WC3+DC2-17=miss) and 11 again (no need to add up. Miss).

Lionheart
is a blur of motion, moving so fast he is simply not where the bullets speed past, yet hasn't actually gone anywhere! Guillotine splutters "What?" then has to duck as bullets come her way!

OOC Roll 13 (+WC3+DC6-17=5 accuracy, hit). Damage is as per a blaster. 1d6+3htc and 2d6+3htk, -2DD. She takes 13htc, 13htk

Guillotine cries out as her chainmail vest is punctured by a couple of bullets as they spray through the air! The robots turn their attention to Anyman and Bulletman!

OOC on Bulletman, two attacks. Double 1. That doesn't come up often. Next attack is 8+1 (+WC3+DC6-17=1 accuracy, hit) Damage is 5htc, 5htk. You can state whether his field is up or not (he'll have done this in flight) but with lousy damage like that it's not worth bothering about. On Anyman: Double 6! Plus 4+6. 22 rolled (+WC3+DC6-17=14 accuracy, hit). Damage is 23htc (reduced by dividers to 11) and 29htk (reduced by dividers to 14). Response? Second attack: 13 rolled (+3WC+DC6-17=5 accuracy, hit). Damage is 13htc (reduced to 6 from dividers) and 13htk (reduced to 6 from dividers) Response?

One of the Robots fires on Bulletman, but looks confused as its weapon jams. Then it goes off! The robots arm is blown clean off and the thing stumbles backwards and over the edge of the carrier! The other fires at Bulletman but he rolls to the side, glancing as a bullet skims his shoulder (OOC unless his field is up in which case it'd do nothing) Anyman isn't so lucky! The robot targeting him seems to be deadly accurate, and its comrade isn't far off that either!

The last robot attacks NoMan

OOC Roll 8 (+WC3+DC6-17=0 accuracy, miss)

The alien is quick enough to move out of the way though, and prepares to grab hold of one wing of a plane.

OOC 7 robots left. Anyman took some hits, as did Guillotine and Bulletman. If there are no responses from Anyman he will be on 68/88htk and 93/110htc. Guillotine is on 27/40 htc and htk. Bulletman is on 83/88htk and 61/66htc if he doesn't respond. Your frames. Forgot to add - they are 10m away now. Any closer and they won't be vulnerable to the tossing of planes.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 26 2012, 07:14

Admin wrote:OOC 7 robots left. Anyman took some hits, as did Guillotine and Bulletman. If there are no responses from Anyman he will be on 68/88htk and 93/110htc. Guillotine is on 27/40 htc and htk. Bulletman is on 83/88htk and 61/66htc if he doesn't respond. Your frames. Forgot to add - they are 10m away now. Any closer and they won't be vulnerable to the tossing of planes.

'Forget tossing planes for a laugh...'Thinks Lionheart as he speeds up to the closest Robots and starts to punch away seeking to hit them in such a way, as to knock them into one another.

"Robots, huh, they must be saving the good stuff for later Anyman. Some kind of welcome party, knowing you're onboard! Lionheart quipped as he sought to make sure that the Robots didn't get another round off at the more vulnerable members of the party.

OOC:
Ok so move to attack, use hero points (here they are still hero points right - not effort points? And not sure what I've got!) to smash one robot so hard, it is knocked back into another like a domino effect. So that I can maximise the disruption caused, more than I am worried about damage. I figure if we can disrupt their aim, giving other a chance to get closer we'll even out the odds and lesson the chances of the more vulnerable members being hit.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Jan 26 2012, 13:54

OOC: Bulletman and Anyman will take the damage to keep their frames. Anyman continues with his plan of attack and expects NoMan and Bulletman to do the same.

Anyman quickly morphs his form so that any sign of the attack hurting him is hidden and then throws the plane at the robots, expecting the really now very fast Lionheart will easily get out of the way.

"You thought that would hurt me," he says with a laugh. "Try this for hurt!"

Hurl plane or plane parts. [that extra level of Vigour is sooooo NICE!]
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:31

Anyman simply closes the holes in his skin, though he wishes the wounds would heal like that! The radiation inside his body meant that he would shrug off the effects of bruising and blunt trauma easily enough, but he would need medical attention - or the dark power - to heal his tortured body!

Nonetheless he hefted the plane from under the belly, then tossed it at the nearest group of robots!

OOC 1 frame to lift, 1 to throw. Roll of 4+6 +WC3+DC10 (area attack)-17=6 accuracy (hit). It didn't so much as damage the robots as catch them up with its bulk and drag them over the side with it!

The plane smashed down then slid across the deck with several robots caught up with it! When it had gone, and left a hole in the railing with it, only two robots remained! Lionheart grinned, then delivered a terrific blow to one of his foes!

OOC move 1/2 frame, hit. Using a hero point. Lionheart has been out of the loop for a while and never really used hero points much before then, so is on 15 now. I shall try to do a colour status chart in the next post with htc/htk/hp/dark power experience and so on. Roll to hit... 10+2. Hero point adds 2+3. Not great. 17 rolled, +3WC+DC6-17=9 accuracy, hit. Will assume he's doing Htk damage on robots. +12htk +43 from strength 64htk total reduced by dividers. I will apply another -1 Divider as he's going for knockback rather than damage.

Lionheart CLANGED the robot in the chin with a terrific punch and sent it flying into it's comrade and both went sliding backwards over towards the ledge! He turned and dissappeared, standing beside Anyman as Bulletman/NoMan pushed the plane they were stood next to towards the robots...

OOC Roll of 5. Oops.

The plane rolled harmlessly across the deck and clattered through the rail, plummeting thousands of feet to the fields below! With a grin Lionheart sped up again to a robot...

OOC another frame to use movement 1/2, then attack twice and move away 1/2 frame. Roll of 7+1, miss, 7+6 hit (5 accuracy, +51htk=56htk reduced by dividers) It doesn't down the robot but it does knock it off the deck of the carrier...

"Fire in the hole!" shouted Guillotine, and she pulled the pin of a grenade, counted, then tossed the grenade...

OOC roll of 5...

She curses as the grenade sails over the head of the remaining robot and explodes harmlessly in the air. "Must have been that wound affected my aim." she muttered.

Anyman grinned, then stretched an arm to come up behind the robot, tap it on the shoulder to get its attention, then pull his arm back before pushing the robot from behind.

OOC Roll of 7. eeek. What's going on. He has another attempt. 2+8 not much better, but at least it hit

The robot is shoved by Anyman and teeters on the edge of the carrier. A gust of wind then takes it over the edge, leaving the Vanguard alone with smoking robot parts, smashed planes, and a deadline to meet! The group turned to see London in the distance. It looked a fair way off, but this thing was travelling at hundreds of miles an hour!

Guillotine came up to Lionheart. "I'm not the history buff Boadicea is, but this looks awfully like mid 22nd century* technology to me. The manufacturing processes available in this time, even with the Skralls help, should not be able to build this! Oh those planes are advanced, perhaps what the Nazis had on the drawing board at the start of the war but never made in the history you described before it was changed, but something worrying is happening here. Is this thing here to bomb London, or something else? And they must know we would try to stop it. Despite our... rustiness... with you and him..." she nodded to Anyman "the Nazis must surely know they are wasting their time!"

OOC I've lost track of Agent Spartan. Unless someone is sure he died at some point (sometimes even I have trouble tracking this spaghetti of a plot, but you can't really get a feeling that the war is going on all around without keeping things moving. I'll do some digging, but assume he's at Bletchley.) You can enter the carrier through the (closed) hatches the robots used, make your own door by smashing throug hthe deck or look for some sealed hatchway.

*Richard King/Lionheart was active as a PSI agent towards the end of the 22nd century in 2193 AD, so this tech looks like it's from 50 or so years before

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:44

Anyman looks over at Bulletman and NoMan and mouths quietly, "I have no idea what they are talking about. Before my time with them ... or after, if you consider time travel."

"This thing is moving too fast and time is too short to stop it before something goes BOOM," he tells the others. "Lionheart? With your great speed, do you think you could find the engine on your own faster or with carrying someone with you? If you can, the rest of us will head for the Bridge of this place while you take out the engines."

occ: Depending on Lionheart's answer, we will either all go after the engine room or split and he will go by himself or pick one of the other three, doesn't really matter to me which one he takes, if he does, while the rest of us go to the Bridge. If I think I can make a hole faster than using my skills to open a door, that's what I will do.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:13

DavidMcMahon wrote:"This thing is moving too fast and time is too short to stop it before something goes BOOM," he tells the others. "Lionheart? With your great speed, do you think you could find the engine on your own faster or with carrying someone with you? If you can, the rest of us will head for the Bridge of this place while you take out the engines."

Lionheart grinned, "Sure thing...but just before I go, do you think this ship is one giant decoy. Do you think Bletchley is the real target?"

And with that he sped over to one of the hatches, ripping its cover off he dove inside and started back toward where the Engines were most likely to be.

OOC:
I'm not liking what Guillotine said, but not sure what else could be going on without further evidence. So I guess we'll have to carry on. But someone ought to keep an eye out on the home front - radio in or something!

As for Spartan, I believe he was on the V ship when they got the Lunarium out with Anyman, I think he must have piloted the ship into the space battle and then we've not heard from his since then. That is my shaky recollection anyway.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Jan 27 2012, 13:26

Lionheart grinned, "Sure thing...but just before I go, do you think this ship is one giant decoy. Do you think Bletchley is the real target?"

"No. I think London is their target and they have some kind of Lunarium bomb," Anyman tells the afterimage of Lionheart, not sure if he heard him or not.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 27 2012, 18:52

Anyman led Guillotine, Bulletman and NoMan over to the main tower situated aft on the deck of the carrier, passing row after row of parked planes. The wind howled past their ears, and Bulletman was somewhat amazed they weren't blow off the near flat deck!

"Aerodynamics. It's a concept that will come into its own during the mid twentieth century and be refined thereafter. The science of 'cutting through the air'" said Guillotine.

"If you say so lady" said Bulletman, unaware that the bullet shaped hat on his head was an example of that self same science!

"Quiet!" hissed Anyman. "you hear anything?" They were stood in the shadow of the carriers superstructure, the jutting building rising several storeys above the deck. "No?" said NoMan. "Aside from the hum of the engines, the howl of the wind and us talking."

"Exactly." said Anyman. "Now keep your eyes peeled!"

=========

Lionheart tossed the torn hatch away, then dropped 50 feet to the floor of a darkened room.

His eyes adjusted, cat like sight showing row after row of those robots on racks! A robotic arm hung from the ceiling and would pluck one to place on a lift, that would rise and when the lift hissed down another would be placed on the lift again. There were hundreds of these things. So why send only two dozen against the most dangerous foes the Nazis would ever face? Still, that strange gut feeling, his intuition or danger sense, wasn't screaming at him yet. His agility and reactions would help, but he was only just getting used to his amazing speed! Saladin leaving him appeared to have been the final catalyst in his transformation! With a last glance about, he moved to a metal sealed hatch, pushed at it, then threw both arms at it. CLANG! The door clattered into the corridor and he stuck a head out. Corridor running both ways along the ship. He guessed the best direction to the rear where the engines for this thing were likely to be, and sped off, opening and checking every room as he went at hyper speed!

A camera on every corner watched in silence...

=========

Anymans group entered through the impromptu hole their leader made with a modification to a 'locked' door

Pulling his foot back, Anyman looked in at a control room, banks of machines along the walls all humming, beeping and twinkling with lights. "Automated system" said Guillotine. "In the mid 22nd century war was fought by machines. The opposing sides realised their mistake too late when the machines figured the best way to break the stalemate was nuke the other side. The surviving cities - those with protective shields - changed their ways and learned to get on, but it was too late for the world at large. Most of the Earths land mass was turned into a radioactive wasteland, populated by slowly dying mutants with an understandable grudge against the so called 'civilised' society of the time. Africa was a lifeless, toxic desert."

"Nice place to grow up." quipped Bulletman.

"I didn't. Those memories were implanted in me. I was grown in a vat. I didn't 'grow up' at all." replied Guillotine as she looked over the machines. She turned to Anyman. "This thing might not have any human crew at all. The problem is, how did it get here? The sheer size of the thing is beyond 1940s ability to build. The largest known ship of this time was nowhere near..." she paused. "What?" asked NoMan. "You were saying about ... is there a smell in here?"

Bulletman coughed. "I bathed this... hey, wait a minute."

"Gas!" cried Guillotine. She moved to the doorway Anyman had kicked through onto the deck. "Why isn't it..." she reached out a hand and BUZZZZZ! an invisible electrical field sparked, throwing her back several feet into Anymans' arms! NoMan moved to the other door in the room. "Same!" he said, shaking his hand after touching the door. "These walls and floors look solid! Whatever that gas is, it will soon be all we have left to breathe!"

OOC you have only moments before whatever gas is pumping into the room starts to effect you! It's a large room, 20mx10m and 3m high, the walls lined with machines made of solid looking steel and the two doors in the place are protected by an invisible energy field of some kind.

=========

Lionheart paused, listening intently. "Engine room. This way." he said to himself

Suddenly his intuition went haywire! Something was approaching? He looked about. He stood in the middle of a 10'x10' metal corridor running the length of this enormous deck and several sealed hatchways went off from it. There was nothing he could see... he switched to normal vision from ultraviolet and looked about. About 10m down one end of the corridor, a field buzzed! He glanced the other way. Another field! he moved up to it, reaching a finger towards the field... he felt the electrostatic energy build and knew, somehow, that this energy would follow certain principles. The harder he hit it, the more power it would use to resist! Then he heard a hiss behind, and saw a sealed door hatch open, light pouring out from a room...

OOC Up to you if you follow what is clearly an intended route. The corridor is unlit aside from the light issuing from the room.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jan 27 2012, 21:31

Admin wrote:OOC Up to you if you follow what is clearly an intended route. The corridor is unlit aside from the light issuing from the room.

'In for a penny...'
Lionheart thought to himself, quoting and oft used phrase from one of the Peelers. He headed toward the light, as right now he seemed to have little other choice, save ripping up the floor or ceiling. Truth be told that was still an option, but one that might take him where he didn't want to go or get him more attention that he could deal with, time was running out. London was in real danger.

OOC:
Ok several scenarios running through my mind, here. Will I be trapped, knocked out, and forced to watch another place be blown back to the Stone Age?

Lionheart edges cautiously toward the door. I'm only going in if my danger sense diminishes. Should that not be the case, we go through the floor! I'm not going to attempt the fields unless there is an obvious switch one can throw telekinetically from this side of the field.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 29 2012, 05:28

Lionheart moved carefully towards the door.. then stopped. Was that... a rolling sound?

A metal ball, some 2.5m high and across, rolled into the corridor only metres from where he stood! Then it transformed, unfurled into another killing machine, one rather more threatening than the previous ones though!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil... - Page 3 Killer_bot

OOC initiative Lionheart 2, Robot 5. 2 frames to the 'bot. It opens fire immediately! WC3 attack, -2DD x3 damage. 5+2 +WC3 + DC2-17= miss. 2+8+WC3+DC2-17=miss. You have 5 frames.

The robot opened fire with some kind of pulse laser cannon! Lionheart moved to be elsewhere rather than where the cannons fired. Then the robot seemed to pause, re-evaluate its strategy, and Lionheart knew this would be a much tougher prospect!

OOC your move...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Jan 29 2012, 16:14

Admin wrote:The robot opened fire with some kind of pulse laser cannon! Lionheart moved to be elsewhere rather than where the cannons fired. Then the robot seemed to pause, re-evaluate its strategy, and Lionheart knew this would be a much tougher prospect!OOC your move...

"I do not have time for this!" Lionheart snarled, undeterred by the robot, but weary all the same. Rushing up he punched straight out, hoping to push the robot back straight into the bulkhead behind it.

Though he realised this might be some sort of upgraded creature, capable of learning, he had to be careful.

OOC:
1. ok going for maximum damage from rushing in and lashing out, but hoping as well that the resulting pushback (all HTK) sends it back to be embedded in the bulkhead behind.

2. If that doesn't work, I'll rip its arms off.

With London in danger, fineness goes right out the window.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 30 2012, 02:17

Lionheart, feeling that time was of the essence (which it was) lashed out with all his considerable might!

OOC Roll 9+6 (+WC3+DC6-17)=hit 7 accuracy. Damage is +10htk +43 strength mod. 60 damage, reduced to 12 (!) from dividers of 5! (Armour grade 2 and 30 strength).

Lionheart gave the robot an almighty THWACK! only to find he'd dented several of its armour plates and very little else! He swung again!

OOC roll of 5, miss. Roll of 12, hit for 4 accuracy, 54htk/5=10htk, roll of 9, hit for 1 accuracy, 48htk/5=9htk, roll of 5, miss

Despite pounding away on the robot, he felt like it was soaking up his blows! Finally he must've made some impact as sparks flew from behind a chest plate. It was still alive and kicking though, and raised it arms. The air in the immediate vicinity charged with static, and the robots eyes glowed!

OOC Special attack. 2d10 x2 damage (split htk/htc with -1dd) attacks all in a 5m radius around the robot. Useful for when its dropped in the midst of an enemy army to thin out their ranks... Roll 15, 15htc, 15htk damage. Lionheart drops to 110/125htk and 135/150htc

There was a bright flash and Lionheart felt a jolt of electricity through his system! He imagined ordinary human soldiers would drop like flies when this thing zapped them a couple of times, allowing these robots to mow down thousands of troops with just a few dozen of them!

OOC Initiative... 8 Lionheart 3 Robot. 3 frames to the Lion Hearted one.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Jan 30 2012, 04:18

Gas!" cried Guillotine. She moved to the doorway Anyman had kicked through onto the deck. "Why isn't it..." she reached out a hand and BUZZZZZ! an invisible electrical field sparked, throwing her back several feet into Anymans' arms! NoMan moved to the other door in the room. "Same!" he said, shaking his hand after touching the door. "These walls and floors look solid! Whatever that gas is, it will soon be all we have left to breathe!"

OOC you have only moments before whatever gas is pumping into the room starts to effect you! It's a large room, 20mx10m and 3m high, the walls lined with machines made of solid looking steel and the two doors in the place are protected by an invisible energy field of some kind.

"Where's the gas coming from," Anyman asked, figuring to use his body to block the nozzles, like he did the last time he was exposed to a gas chamber. "If the door is out, try making a hole in the floor and dropping down. NoMan, Bulletman, combine your strength with mine to try to make the hole. Guillotine, you try to find the nozzles and see if you can block them or slow the gas down somehow."

Effort into smashing through the floor, ignoring the damage I will take if the field covers it as well as the door.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 30 2012, 07:17

Admin wrote:Lionheart, feeling that time was of the essence (which it was) lashed out with all his considerable might!
OOC Initiative... 8 Lionheart 3 Robot. 3 frames to the Lion Hearted one.

"My my they clearly have spent their money wisely, building you handsome!"

Lionheart quipped as he sought some way to slow the robot down without being held himself.

OOC:
Ok look at my Hyper Powers, I wanted to find some way to bypass its damage dividers. Can I use my telekinesis on its internal functioning equipment so that up close I can deliver a punch, rip out circuits, or rip off arms and legs etc, without its armour (which I assume is designed to confront external attacks) slowing me down. I am thinking what is the weakness of this creature and what can I use to get at it. So if I can hyper Telekinesis it from within to by pass armour dividers I will. If this seems like a no no, then I want to rip its arms off! Despite quips or otherwise, I want to try and take this thing out asap.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 30 2012, 12:48

Guillotine, covering her mouth with her sleeve muttered "Gas like this is generally heavier than air. That means..." she glanced up. "The ceiling. Hard to reach for most, the gas sinks down and gets you."

NoMan
and Bulletman combined to start tearing at the floor. Both were strong, but the going was slow. "If only I could fly at it!" said Bulletman. "It would part, I'm sure of it!" he said, tapping his helmet. "I could drop you and see what happens?" answered NoMan. Bulletman was just about to dismiss the idea but shrugged. "We haven't got long. May as well try it." Anyman stretched up and spread himself across the ceiling, blocking the gas for now.

NoMan stretched, lifted Bulletman up by the ankle where he dangled rather like a caught fish, and then dropped him!

The helmet CLANGED! when it struck the floor and seemed to shatter like glass! Unfortunately the energy field protecting the doors caused Bulletman to light up like a christmas tree and fall to the side, slightly dazed! Guillotine moved over to take a look. "Smash one of those panels." she said, voice muffled and pointing at a computer panel along the wall. NoMan obliged, and Guillotine moved closer, selected a thick length of wires and yanked them free with sparks. By now Anyman was starting to bulge as the gas continued to pump and the pressure was too much for his stretched body to hold back for much longer! Around the edges he felt the gas escape, and Guillotine staggered. Directing NoMan to stand ready with one end of the wire, and she held the other end at the door. Pressing her wire into the field and NoMan doing the same caused it to light up and throw the pair across the room with a loud BANG!

The lights went out, something stopped pumping, and the doors hissed open.

"She's alright." said a slightly charred Bulletman helping Guillotine up. NoMan rubbed his head and confirmed he was ok too. When the small group made its way out of the room Anyman peeled himself from the ceiling and got out before the gas filled it!

The corridor leading into the ship was 10' x 10' and metal, with doors set in the walls and leading off. From down the corridor (around 20m away) where it bent to the side there was a rolling siound, like a ball bearing coming closer...

"What now?" asked NoMan.

The group saw a metal sphere, 2.5m high and across roll into view! It unfolded into a robot!

World War II - The Vanguard Issue #6 Deal with the devil... - Page 3 Killer_bot

Bulletman grinned. "More metal! Time to test the helmet!"

OOC Initiative. Heroes 6 Robot 1. 3 frames to you guys. It's 10m away.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 30 2012, 13:04

OOC I think I know exactly what you want to do with TK - effectively make a bubble inside the robot and expand it? Unfortunately it's kind of beyond the remit of the power (and certainly beyond anything in the GH rules as written). Think of TK as an invisible arm stretching out from you with a big hand that can pick stuff up. The arm isn't solid until the hand closes around an object which you can then throw, use as a weapon or squeeze with your strength -1 per m in between the target and you. TK as you're trying to use is more fine control, a thin arm sneaking into the robots innards then growing. In time (with practise) that may be possible but Lionheart can't do that with TK at the moment - it's too big, clumsy and lacks finesse. If it was his only power, and he concentrated on that to the deficit of everything else, I'd say it could be done without problem. Or we could stick with the GH version allowing you to move 1kg weights about Razz nah, didn't think so Smile

Instead it's brute force time I guess... Roll 11+WC3+DC6-17=3 accuracy. +6htk +43 strength, 52htk/5=10htk. Another attack... Roll 16+WC3+DC6-17=8 accuracy +11htk +43 strength, 62htk/5=12htk

Lionheart stepped up, kicked the shoulder of the robot, then again, and the arm came off! Scooping it up he used it like a club and smashed the other arm off! Smoking, sparking and making strange noises, the robot sank to its knees. "There. You're 'armless now." said Lionheart. If the robot could groan, it would've done. He finished up with "batter up!" and smacked the head clean off, sending it bouncing off walls and leaving the torso to clatter into a useless pile on the floor!

That left the corridor it'd come from or find a way past the energy fields that reinforced the steel corridors and doors of this place...

OOC Brute force wins out. The robot was tough, but Lionheart is a Class 4 super. It was only ever going to delay him, at best...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jan 30 2012, 14:38

Admin wrote:OOC Brute force wins out. The robot was tough, but Lionheart is a Class 4 super. It was only ever going to delay him, at best...

Lionheart wasn't best pleased that the occupants of the ship, clearly could track his movements, funnelling him to who knows where. Somehow he had to find a way past, but for now that solution wasn't presenting itself. "Shame Frostbot's not with us!" He mused suddenly aware that he wasn't even sure what had happened to his owner, let alone the robot.

Pressing forward, Lionheart sped off down the corridor the Robot had come from, hoping that he might yet be able to double back and find his way to the heart of the ship. "At this rate," He thought, "the only other way to get himself where he needed would be to allow himself to be captured." He shivered, not a thought he wanted to dwell on.

OOC:
Ok head down the corridor the Robot came from and look for a way to turn this to my advantage.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 31 2012, 12:13

OOC thanks for the reminder... Frostbot is knocking about in a robot body - and with Spartan if I recall. That clears up that mystery so thanks for that!

Lionheart sped down the corridor, noting that there were no doors off. It was a plain corridor, like a 'feed' tube from somewhere to the rest of the ship...

It bent upwards sharply, though the corners were smoothed and rounded, as if meant for the ball/robot to roll towards where it had eventually come out. Lionhearts' intuition started 'tingling' again as he looked up into the darkness. His eyes adjusted and he saw a metal sphincter style door, closed at the moment.

That was some 20m upwards. Suddenly a light came on around the circular door, then another, with a ring of them forming around the door itself! It was clear the door was about to open again...

OOC Lionheart is about to come face to face with another ball bot... but he is fast enough now to run vertically straight up the smooth metal shaft and get through the doorway into the room beyond - if he wants to. Either that or he can clobber this thing as it comes down so he doesn't have an enemy at his back...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 31 2012, 12:46

Admin wrote:OOC Lionheart is about to come face to face with another ball bot... but he is fast enough now to run vertically straight up the smooth metal shaft and get through the doorway into the room beyond - if he wants to. Either that or he can clobber this thing as it comes down so he doesn't have an enemy at his back...

"Hmm, let the robot try and pummel me in this confined space or jump up past the door and into the inner workings of the ship. No contest really."

Lionheart got himself ready for the short gap when the door would open and drop the Robot, so that he could speed past it and hopefully find his way into the guts of the ship where some service hatches or other maintenance portals might speed him away from danger and back on course to the engines.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Jan 31 2012, 13:49

"Roger, Bulletman. You attack first and we will follow up," Anyman ordered.

actions: Let Bulletman attack first and then stretch and punch the robot.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next