The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

3 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Mar 26 2022, 11:05

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE and BATTLEBUG

"You need to get to Downing Street." he rasped from behind the mask, adding "Pronto."

OOC Could only use some of your post to get that point across but hope it wasn't too much of a slog to read!

Turning to Bombardier and the other's Frostbite said in clipped tones, "So do you want to get on track here or do we go another round fighting between ourselves whilst your Queen's government is about to be hung, drawn and quartered? Your call, your up? But this..." Frostbite said indicating the treatment and the cell, let alone who else was detained here, "This has to be answered for. This is not who we should be or we are know better than those who threaten us even now!"

OOC: OK let's go to it, I'm happy to let Bombardier take the lead here, but I don't imagine that will last for long, given the way that Eurotrash let alone Saladin and Frostbyte will chew us up, if we're not careful. Besides, they also know Battle Bug's weakness. This could go south very quickly.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 2 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

Post  Admin Mon Mar 28 2022, 10:22

Bombardier looked shaken, noting the dust falling from the ceiling. "He could have told us... this is his fault..." he muttered, glancing at Nowhere Man.

"He DID tell you. You just didn't listen, or believe him." said Battlebug.

Varangian, still dazed by Battlebug's blow, growled "If you are to be a part of this team boy, you need to know we do not attack team mates!"

The armoured guardsmen had been spectators during the last couple of minutes and one of them spoke up with uncertain tones "We can't raise anyone on the radios. it's all gone... dark!"

"The weapons Eurotrash accessed will have been from the SMITE armoury. Expect explosive, EMP and anti-superpowered munitions." growled Nowhere Man.

He turned to Frostbite. "I'm needed elsewhere." he muttered... then he vanished!

"Wait!" shouted Robins, grasping at thin air. "We can't just let him... go."

Shamrock shook his head. "That creep had a way out all the time. He took your beatin' Robins an' Frostbite is right. We ain't doin' stuff your way."

"But he's a terrorist... a criminal..." spluttered Robins, fearful as the lights flickered in the cell and corridor.

"Takes one ta know one." answered Shamrock. "I'm nae good tae ya like this." said Shamrock "But I'll keep tryin' ta raise UKChampions HQ an' let 'em know what's goin' on here."

"They'll have figured it out by now." muttered Varangian. "Assuming they are even still alive."

Bombardier shook his head. "No, NO! Everything is falling apart! Adjutant should never have... wait! Adjutant! He's powerful, he can turn this around!"

"Adjutant is laid up an' not likely ta be around anytime soon." said Shamrock.

"What do you mean? We can just go and..." started Bombardier.

"Do you know what Adjutant is? He's a being made o energy. He only assumes human form cause that's what he was before. Right now he's in ..." he glanced at Frostbite and Battlebug as if letting out some great secret "A holding facility that's stoppin' his energy form from dissipatin' completely. That goes no further dan dis room." he warned the DICE guards and Robins as well as the gathered heroes.

"Then we're on our own." said Battlebug. "Nowhere Man said our team would have escaped the mansion bombing. Man I really liked that place! it had a swimming pool and everything!" he said.

"No time for that now, boy!" said Varangian, raising his axe. "Bombardier, I shall carry you." He turned to Frostbite. "Lead on, Frostbite."

=========

It took minutes to fly towards London from the DICE base.

The group had climbed/flown/punched their way out of the lift shaft of the bunker and gotten to the surface level to a scene of devastation! Fires burning, flattened buildings and vehicles, torched DICE operatives...

Though localised within a few hundred metres around the compound this military facility would no longer serve a purpose having been smashed into rubble by the targeted drone strike. Black smoke rose in thick columns and Frostbite was glad for his new suit, as Battlebug was for his as Frostbot confirmed the presence of radiation. Their suits were no guaranteed protection but the pair of them wouldn't instantly keel over as before so long as they kept their suits in decent shape.

"Look at ... at this..." said Robins, pulling on a breathing mask from his belt pouch. "This is all... I can't..."

"Keep it together." said Shamrock, pulling a mouth cover from his half face mask down to cover the lower half of his face. "We need ta find survivors, get word out, let everyone know Eurotrash are goin' fer it." He turned to Frostbite, Bombardier, Varangian and Battlebug. "Whatever issues we got wid each other can wait. If Eurotrash succeed now the publics' faith in the UKChampions will be shattered forever... assuming they don't take over the whole darned place!"

Now the group was nearing London they saw columns of smoke rising from Westminster, the Houses of Parliament, Downing Street... Buckingham Palace... in other words, the seat of power and symbols of authority!

"This just got real!" said Battlebug as he bounded along in easy jumps whilst Frostbite flew.

Varangian, with Bombardier hanging from an arm shook his head "I hope they heeded the criminals' warning." he said, referring to Nowhere Man.

"He must have been in on it!" shouted Bombardier.

"Don't be a fool!" barked Varangian. "After all you've seen and heard? This is EUROTRASH and they are staging a coup!"

Battlebug landed on a flat top roof of a skyscraper and the others floated to gather about. "Boss!" he said. "Do we head for Downing Street or the other places?"

"UKChampions HQ ... there!" said Bombardier. He pointed to a distant column of smoke and fire raging on a tall mirrored tower block! "Our base Varangian! We're under attack!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 28 2022, 13:44

Admin wrote:"UKChampions HQ ... there!" said Bombardier. He pointed to a distant column of smoke and fire raging on a tall mirrored tower block! "Our base Varangian! We're under attack!"

Turning to Bombardier Frostbite with clipped tones asked, "OK you've got us, now what? Downing Street has to be our first port of call followed by the queen, both high targets one cripples the brains of the nation, the other the heart of the nation, the champions are going to have to fight for themselves right now."

OOC: I thought Atomica was with us as well in the bunker, maybe I missed her on the ride down, don't know. Thank goodness I saw the thread had been changed, as I went on to check the other threads and didn't get any email notifications of them being updated. OH well at least I had the sense to check.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 28 2022, 14:45

FROSTBITE and the UKCHAMPIONS

OOC Atomica was with you before the 'break' where Frosty, BBug, Varangian, Bombardier and Shamrock were accompanied into the bowels of the DICE base (old 1950s bomb shelter adapted into a base) along with two armoured DICE goons to go see/interrogate Nowhere Man. She'll have been called away (as the other UKChamps have) to deal with the 'breaking out everywhere at once' disasters that the EUROTRASH lot and your 'buddies' Saladin and Frostbyte are orchestrating.

Without the Vanguard, the UKChamps would be UKChumps, no doubt about it. Even with you guys, is it possible to stop the tidal wave of chaos and evil washing over the land... and what is EUROTRASH's endgame? Twisted Evil

Bombardier scowled. "We MUST protect the Queen and the Royal Family but..." he looked at Downing Street "For superhuman terrorists to strike at the heart of our democracy that sends a clear statement that we aren't fit for purpose!"

"I shall go to Buckingham Palace. Shamrock, are you...?" said Varangian.

Shamrock chuckled "Do I LOOK like I'm in any fit state tae help? Ah'll do what ah can big fella, as always. Bombardier. Take Frostbite and Battlebug to Downing Street. See what's going on there. Whatever else happens, get tae UKChampions HQ or get word tae them, see what's goin' on."

Bombardier frowned then nodded. "I'll need a lift..." he said...

=========

Battlebug landed at the end of Downing Street, Frostbite hovered in the air.

Varangian and Shamrock had headed to Buckingham Palace and communications - still patchy after the attack not long ago - were going to be hit and miss.

The place was relatively quiet aside from a burning police van on it's side, four upturned unmarked police cars (with blue lights still flashing. They looked like an elephant had sat on them though) and the still forms of over a dozen Police officers and the same again in civilian clothing.

"Boss! This is... crazy!" said Battlebug.

"We should have been here to stop this." hissed Bombardier. He continued to press a button on a wrist communicator sending out an 'all points' emergency broadcast... and got not response. "Have to assume the team has it's hands full..."

"If there IS still a team." muttered Battlebug. "Typical. We join and everybody leaves."

"Not funny, boy!" hissed Bombardier. He scowled and shook his head. "Sorry. I'm ... strung out."

The heroes looked about, careful and with eyes peeled but trying their best to assess the situation.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 2 Downing-Street

OOC Those orange blobs on the maps are things that are on fire, have been burning or sites where a battle has taken place.

1) There has been a gun battle at this point. The overturned and burning cars, the downed police and plain clothes Police and DICE officers (DICE plays a much lesser role in our campaign world but is still knocking about. SMITE is the preferred anti super bad person organisation of choice and SPRITE are the 'spooks' who deal with the things man was not meant to find out about). A quick check reveals casualties. Some are still alive but in need of immediate medical attention but burn marks, severe bruising, cuts and slashes as if from razor sharp weapons are evident on the downed forms. Hundreds of spent ammunition casings litter the floor. There's been a fire fight, and the defenders lost. Up against the wall is a wet smear and an armoured DICE agent like the ones in the prison is in several pieces, the armour being little protection against the superhumans he battled. Another DICE Armoured agent is across the road having been flung against a tree. Bombardier checks - she's alive but in a bad way.

2) This building is on fire, and it's a big one. Black smoke and flames reach for the skies and it's spreading. If not controlled this will (eventually) consume the entirety of the street. There is a smell of gas and a water main has ruptured spraying water in an arcing fountain in the air.

3) Another fire, not as severe as 2) but still in need of putting down. This building has been severely damaged and one of the walls looks ready to collapse with a 6' across hole punched through it. On this side of the road half a dozen dismembered armoured DICE agents lay scattered about. It's too late for them.

4) Here a fire fight took place with a dozen DICE conventional agents having given their all. Four look to have no physical wounds but have a vacant stare and drool, seemingly lobotomised. The others have fought inch by inch to hold the line and fell where they stood. Thousands of spent ammunition casings litter the floor and several burning cars here were used as cover but are now burning scrap.

From point 4) you can see the area of 10 Downing Street itself. Across the road the camped out reporters normally there every day are absent save for a few bodies. Desperate to report the story, they paid with their lives. Eurotrash are stepping up their actions and can no longer be viewed as the amateur hour buffoons who regularly bungled and fell out with each other whilst committing crimes.

Across London sirens and alarms ring out. If his hearing was even slightly on the superhuman level, Frostbite would hear screams...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Mar 28 2022, 19:49

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE and the UKCHAMPIONS

Across London sirens and alarms ring out. If his hearing was even slightly on the superhuman level, Frostbite would hear screams...[/i] [/color]

"My best guess right now to is secure the sight, I can put out the fires and we'd best then secure any falling masonry before taking a look around and see if there is any members of the government left to rescue. Bombardier, your call?"

OOC: I'm holding back from giving the orders till Bombardier either gives way or ends up incapacitated. But if he doesn't I don't mind making suggestions which he can add, take away or rubber stamp as he sees fit. I would suggest BB, takes a look-see as he is less likely to be bothered by flames, but that way leads to trouble. I'd rather have him with me to secure the site and then we go at it together with Bombadier.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Mar 30 2022, 19:01

THE UKCHAMPIONS

Bombardier spun. "Dammit. Communications down, this place a warzone... we have to assume the worst."

He turned to Battlebug. "Up there!" he said, pointing to the rooftop of one of the buildings at the end of Downing Street. "See anything? Let us know, FAST! Do NOT engage! We need to know what we're up against!"

Battlebug turned to Frostbite (OOC Your call on whether to give the nod) looking for confirmation.

Bombardier ignored that, expecting his orders to be followed. "Frostbite! We need those fires under control and that gas leak sealed otherwise this whole place could go up at any moment! Our files suggest you may have a weakness to naked flames... if that is the case keep your distance and pour it on. Once that is doused get back here."

He looked about then fished from his belt pouch. "I hope I have enough instafix gel capsules to keep the survivors alive." he muttered as he knelt next to a fallen DICE agent and felt for a pulse. Scowling he moved to the next, felt for a pulse then spiked the neck of the agent and squeezed the tiny capsulet.

A heartbeat later the Agent gasped, arched his back and opened his eyes.

"Steady, Agent." said Bombardier. "You're in shock and..." he looked at the gaping wound on the right side of the Agents' ribcage "in a bad way."

"Huh, huh, huh, huh..." said the DICE agent, breathing too quickly and gasping for breath. "Euro... Euro... Trash. A ... a group..." he gasped. "One of ... one of them... too ... too fast to see..."

Frostbite heard that.

Frostbot gave thought to what Frostbot had probably figured out [A speedster or Saladin? If it is Saladin I suggest gaining some height and distance to give you a chance at a shot before he's on top of you. Battlebug could - in theory - defeat him but he would need to beat him to the punch and that is practically impossible. In a straight up fight Saladin may prove impossible to defeat. You need to make things more... difficult... for him.]

"Frostbite?" barked Bombardier. "The fire!"

The DICE agent gasped, slower and slower. "Hang on soldier!" said Bombardier, pulling bandages from another pouch. "We'll get you..."

The Agent gasped his last and sagged to one side. "Damn." muttered Bombardier as he got up to move to the next downed agent.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Mar 31 2022, 08:58

Admin wrote:THE UKCHAMPIONS

"Frostbite?" barked Bombardier. "The fire!"

The DICE agent gasped, slower and slower. "Hang on soldier!" said Bombardier, pulling bandages from another pouch. "We'll get you..."

The Agent gasped his last and sagged to one side. "Damn." muttered Bombardier as he got up to move to the next downed agent.

Frostbite didn't need to be told twice, with a swift nod to Battle Bug he was already moving to quell the fires and floating up so that he could gain a strategic position from which to do so. He had his suit to protect him from the flames, but he didn't need to test its capabilities or exhaust them with needless risk. Besides that Bombardier knew about his weakness meant he wanted to keep something to himself, for now at least.

As he moved from one to the other, cool, freezing, and on create bulwarks to stabilise masonry, or cap venting gas mains. He looked about at the devastation. This was clearly more than for show. It was shock and awe, hit 'em hard, no monologing, no grandstanding in and out surgically. In fact, it would be the sort of thing he'd suggest, if he was cold, calculating and utterly devoid of morals save that which served his own ends. He could imagine that Eurotrash was brought on with grand promises some wouldn't need. The chance to create mayhem and destruction would be enough for them. Others might have second thoughts about the level of violence, but then would be ruled by fear or fear of becoming Frostbyte and Saladin's enemies. So all in all, they had managed to bring a team together, who were a joke as regards effectiveness but not in terms of raw power. But the real test would be facing Saladin, Frostbyte's attack dog. He would be without compunction and once the nation was his, probably kill Frostbyte in a heartbeat. Something his duplicate would be aware of. He had to wonder then, what backup plan he'd have for such a situation.

With the fires now out, and the area, at least outside stabilised, Frostbite looked to Billy to see if he had detected anything with his amazing senses and back to Bombardier in confirmation of orders carried out. Now what, he wondered...

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 31 2022, 21:40

THE UKCHAMPIONS starring FROSTBITE

'Pouring it on' Frostbite concentrated on the fires until steam started rising from the burning buildings, then that began to cool and it began to snow!

Without letting up Frostbite buried the ruptured gas main until steel hard ice that would take hours to thaw and hopefully give time for the authorities to get here. The fact that this place was not crawling with Police, heck, the armed forces suggested that once again the Eurotrash attack had set off devices that blanked out communications.

Frostbot confirmed. [The drones stolen from the armouries of the British Special forces - DICE and SMITE - are not only high explosive but equipped with a measure of power sapping capability and electromagnetic pulses to temporarily overload electronic devices. I'm detecting nothing within close range that I can utilise. His methods may have been... unconventional ... but Nowhere Man may have saved my 'life' of existence at any rate. It is unknown what would happen if you, or we, were engulfed in something that could 'blank' me out whilst reducing or nullifying your superhuman abilities. Extinction, I would think.]

Frostbite let that sink in. For Nowhere Man to be effectively 'doomed' to act in the best interests of people who did not believe him to be anything other than a meddling terrorist or traitor it seemed pointless for him to continue to do what he did, yet he did at great personal sacrifice.

Battlebug bounded over. "That Bombardier guy sure has a stick up his butt Boss, but if you say to follow him, I'll follow you following him." He paused then "If that makes sense."

"Someone was here Boss, but I don't think it was Saladin." said Battlebug. "A whole bunch of mixed up scents which were tricky to pick out from the gas and stuff but I don't recognise them."

OOC Adren Surge 24 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (38) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,5,+0 Total:11 (19) Success +6
EV24 + 6 (EV30) vs RV8=22 RAPs.
Power Reserve boosted to 30, all slapped onto Analytical Smell/Tracking Scent (34)

Analytical Smell 34 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,6,+0 Total:16 (50) vs
OV15 + Multi 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (34) Success +6
EV24 + 6 (EV30) - RV15+ Multi 8 (RV23)=7 RAPs.
Success.

"Got em."

"FIFTEEN supers boss, no one I've encountered before, or at least that I got the scent of. If there was a speedster here it wasn't Saladin." said Battlebug.

"In a way I'm glad. He's that guy you know has a cheat mode to bypass whatever you can do. No matter how strong or fast I get, he whacks me in the mouth before I can use my abilities. Only way is to take him by surprise and I guess that's not easy."

Frostbite knew that because his friend, Lionheart, had the same abilities and an uncanny knack of sensing danger. However, Frostbite was smart and ...

OOC Int 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:8 (17) vs
OV6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,8,+0 Total:9 (15) Success +2
EV8 + 2 (EV10) vs RV6=4 RAPs

1) Saladin not only shares the same abilities as Lionheart but he seems to have them at a heightened level
2-3) That is down to being older and effectively spending his time in a wartime footing whereas Lionheart was a peacekeeper. Saladin was more than that. He was a soldier, headhunter, General, secret agent and anything that was required of him to get the job done without any limits from law or morals.
4-6) With that in mind to effectively circumvent Saladins' senses an attack from out of the range of those senses would be the best bet. Battlebug could leap from... well, anywhere. His abilities were, to put it bluntly, astonishing. Frostbite too could operate from a distance but would need binoculars or some enhancement to his costume that would allow him to see from afar and achieve total surprise. Heck, Frostbite could attack from outer space with pinpoint accuracy if he could see his target...

Bombardier was busy so Frostbite, having quelled the fires and directed Battlebug to keep an eye out on the rooftops for attacks.

The Vanguardian... no, UKCHAMPION... stepped into the smashed doorway of 10 Downing Street. Looking about he crouched and felt for the pulse of the smashed bodies of armed policemen and women who been steamrollered and smashed aside. The spent casings suggested they'd made the invaders fight for every inch of the way. Some of the Police were still alive but in a bad way. The others... he didn't need to check those. Flattened bullets were scattered about. Holes in the plasterwork, smashed fittings, the door itself which was reinforced and thoroughly, utterly destroyed...

OOC Frostbite doesn't use his detective skill very often...

Power Reserve boosts Intelligence (INT) to 19
AV19 + 2D Detective + Roll(4d12)+0: 3,10,5,5,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 2,10,+0 Total:22 (41) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,6,+0 Total:8 (18) Success +7
EV8 + 7 (EV15) vs RV10=5 RAPs

1) Battlebug was right. A whole bunch of assailants were here.
2-3) The state of the place suggests super strength, invulnerability, speed, energy blasts... the downed cops ... some of those don't have visible wounds but they are to all intents and purposes dead. A mentalist or mystic then, or both. The sparking electrics suggest the EMP zapped the street or someone in the group has the ability to disrupt electrics. They were messy about it too. Downing Street would need some serious renovation after this.
4-6) Picking up one of the flattened shells, looking at the position of the cops where they'd fallen, the distance to the door... how much the bullets had been flattened, almost to the thickness of a coin. Someone was incredibly dense and practically immune to physical harm. Not unusual but such a person... Frostbite knelt, feeling the trashed and rumpled up carpet... Frostbite peeled that aside and saw the floor. Reinforced concrete cracked and broken up, as if some massive weight had been applied to it even more than someone pounding at it with a sledgehammer. So, someone super dense, really heavy or able to make themselves dense, like Frostbite himself could.

Frostbite stood. They might still be in the building, possibly in some panic room or equivalent. The best bet would have been to get the Prime Minister out but... with so many powerful Supers probably attacking from all around there might have been no wait out.

OOC Continue into 10 downing street or wait for the others or look further into the building?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 01 2022, 19:50

Admin wrote:THE UKCHAMPIONS starring FROSTBITE

Frostbite stood. They might still be in the building, possibly in some panic room or equivalent. The best bet would have been to get the Prime Minister out but... with so many powerful Supers probably attacking from all around there might have been no wait out.

OOC Continue into 10 downing street or wait for the others or look further into the building?

Turning from the scene back to Bombardier, Frostbite relayed the information to him and said he had a concern that they might not be alone and awaited orders.

OOC: I'm playing this the straight guy for now. I could go in but we're a team and I don't like it when others go off and do their own thing so I'm not going to go off and do my own thing either. So for now, as long as Bombardier is in charge I'll keep coming back to him unless circumstances dictate otherwise.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 03 2022, 13:17

THE UKCHAMPIONS starring FROSTBITE!

Bombardier shook his head. "This place should be crawling with the emergency services!" he hissed. "My communications are down, heck even my mobile phone is showing no service! We're dead in the water here!" he said, wringing his hands which were covered in blood.

Battlebug was about to offer a suggestion but a look from Frostbite told him 'wait'.

Bombardier sucked in a breath. His arrogant, boorish attitude was gone now. This was a man hanging on to the situation with his fingertips!

"You two are ... clearly... the biggest hitters here. I want you to go into Number 10 and 11, see who's alive. If there are any bad guys still in there, engage them as best you can. I will continue to try to raise... well, anyone really, and treat the people here as best I can."

Frostbite could apply medical knowledge (thanks to Frostbot) at a level that would astound the world's best surgeons (OOC with some decent rolls) but he was careful not to undermine Bombardiers' position as team leader so kept quiet.

"There's another option." said Bombardier as he shook his head, rising from a stricken DICE agent and knowing there was little he could do. "Battlebug, get to Buckingham Palace. Alert Varangian and Shamrock. Tell them where we are and to get Shamrock to continue to raise the alarm and enact the 'DOWN' protocol. That's our plan for dealing with things like this."

The trio turned to see a few dazed civilians wandering by at the end of the road and Bombardier shook his head again. "Have to secure the site. Civilians are on their own. Listen... listen to that..."

London had a 'roar' about it. The sounds of the city were constant during the day and died down to be replaced by different sounds on a night. Right now the roar had gone, if not silent then extremely quiet. Somewhere screams and cries were ringing out, their echoes bouncing amongst the streets.

"Eurotrash!" hissed Bombardier. "I don't doubt for a moment they have called open season on London! They are really going for it now... We were already reeling but now?"

"I'll get to Buckingham Palace..." said Battlebug.

"Then get back here. Fast as you can young man." he said. Shaking his head he continued. "You two... I'm... .I'm sorry. For my conduct, for ..."

"You don't have time for that." rasped a voice.

Battlebug looked up, Frostbite looked over. Stepping from the Shadows the all black form of Nowhere Man came into view.

"You!" hissed Bombardier. "Did you have something to do with all..."

"Be quiet, idiot, and listen." rasped the Vigilante.

"If you engage Frostbyte and Saladin you will lose. They are the equivalent of our heroes but hardened by war in ways you can't imagine. All you can do is fight the fires, restore order." growled the anti-hero. He turned to Frostbite. "I'll go in there with you. Bombardier I suggest you get to Greenwich Power Station and have them perform a full grid system reboot. The grid is overwhelmed thanks to an EMP bomb that has gone off. It needs resetting. Once that is up and running this place will come back to life."

"You must know more about this! I'll beat it out of..." snarled Bombardier.

Frostbite stepped slightly in the path of Bombardier. His mere presence made Bombardier reconsider. "Alright! Alright." he shook his head. "Battlebug. The Palace then back here. I'll get to Greenwich."

"Drop him off." Nowhere Man growled at Battlebug.

Bombardier was about to speak again but bit his tongue.

"Shall we?" asked Nowhere Man with a sweep of his hand towards 10 Downing Streets' entrance.

OOC Anything you want to add, interject, say/do and what defensive precautions are you taking for delving into the heart of British Government?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 03 2022, 21:29

Admin wrote:THE UKCHAMPIONS starring FROSTBITE!

"Shall we?" asked Nowhere Man with a sweep of his hand towards 10 Downing Streets' entrance.

OOC Anything you want to add, interject, say/do and what defensive precautions are you taking for delving into the heart of British Government?

Frostbite nodded to Battlebug but put a hand on Bombardier, "Nothing we've done prepares us for this, but together we will find a way through. Our strength comes from being united together, I can see you pulling it together already. For now, Nowhere Man is our enemies enemy, so let's treat him as an ally for now we can't afford to be too choosy. Good luck, we'll need."

And then turning back to Nowhere Man, he nodded to go forward and lead the way.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 09 2022, 10:13

UKCHAMPIONS!

Battlebug gave a nod to Frostbite then looped an arm around Bombardiers' waist before springing off.

Nowhere Man glanced around at the agents propped against walls or those that were laid in a more respectful manner than simply being a dead rag doll at the scene of a battle.

"Strange even though I have seen so much death and destruction... so much... despair ... over the years... that I can still be affected by it. These brave men and women died protecting their government head. Despite the man's politics, he doesn't deserve to be grabbed up by Eurotrash. Let's go take a look."

The pair moved into 10 Downing street. The place was trashed. It was as if hooligans had run riot for hours but in actual fact it was minutes and the 'hooligans' were super powered.

Everywhere were signs of a running gun battle as desperate police and protection agents tried to fend off the irresistible force heading their way.

"When ADVENT took charge of most of Europe the Eurotrash idiots were effectively outcasts from their own country. Without direction and focus they would eventually have been picked off, picked up and thrown in jail. Unfortunately your counterpart and that devil Saladin have given them the focus they need." said Nowhere Man. "There are pieces of this puzzle I don't understand though."

He stood in the ruins of what had been a drawing room, shelves cleared and smashed, a table overturned and destroyed, windows broken, dripping liquid from overturned bottles pooling on the floor.

OOC Power Reserve 10 to Intelligence (boosted to 19)

Int 19 + Detective 2D + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,7,10,4,+0 Total:17 (36) vs
OV10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 (15) Success +6
EV8 +6 (EV14) vs RV10=4 RAPs. Success.

1) The Eurotrash attack will trigger martial law in the UK and shatter what remains of the public trust in the UKChampions
2-3) Rioting on the streets, skyrocketing crime levels, runs on banks, queues and looting at supermarkets and petrol stations running dry combined with gridlocked streets and people pushed beyond the edge of panic will see UK Society break down!
4-6) Into this step... Advent. They have the numbers, the resources, the motivation to 'step in' restore order and government (albeit a puppet under their control) and within hours make things 'better' seemingly. Frostbite has the intelligence and will (with Frostbots' boost) to see through the anarchy and the mess to determine the end goal. Frostbyte and Saladin are handing the country over to Advent in return for... what? Possibly the means to return home or set themselves up here and open up a gateway to their own dimension for their version of heroes, villains and Advent to pour through!

Frostbite blinked. his mind ran through a million different scenarios near instantly, discounting most of them and focusing on the likely, following the threads and reaching a near certain conclusion!

Nowhere Man shook his head. "Eurotrash won't form a government. They'll trash the place and eventually the UKChampions will regroup and restore..." he looked at Frostbite. "What?"

Suddenly the pair of them heard something. A noise, from downstairs somewhere.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Apr 10 2022, 22:13

Admin wrote:UKCHAMPIONS!

Nowhere Man shook his head. "Eurotrash won't form a government. They'll trash the place and eventually the UKChampions will regroup and restore..." he looked at Frostbite. "What?"

Suddenly the pair of them heard something. A noise, from downstairs somewhere.

Frostbite shook his head, not wanting to talk if there was still someone in the building.  But the likelihood of his findings and his surmising left a deep pit in his stomach.  He didn't have time for philosophies the details or debate strategies or ethics right now though.  Signalling to Nowhere Man, seemed somewhat pointless as he'd only do his own thing anyway.  So Frostbite effortlessly floated so as not to create any sound, and moved toward the noise.  

OOC: OK I'll fill in Nowhere Man when we get the chance if we get the chance.  In but meantime I will float toward the sounds.  Being aware not to be trigger happy as there are many civilians and others who might be moving around.  I will phase if need be to look through walls and doors etc if that is an easier way to scout.  I have no doubt Nowhere Man will do his own thing, but be nice if he clued me in rather than just disappearing.  But hey, we'll see.  Anyway on high alert as take point and scout ahead.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 12 2022, 07:28

FROSTBITE and NOWHERE MAN

The glow from Frostbites' chest plate lit the darkened corridors of power in the famous old house. With the power cut across the city in most places the streets would be full of cars and people. The cars would find their ECUs affected or even fried in some instances and those that didn't would be gridlocked from traffic as signals went dark and a thousand fender benders happened all at once!

Listening, the pair moved towards a thudding sound...

Downstairs, then down another flight the thudding got louder. The pair were now several levels below the street and in a bare concrete corridor with a number of doors off. Each of the doors was painted to look like wood but in actual fact heavy reinforced steel and capable of withstanding some severe punishment. Though painted to look new they had been there a while...

The first door in the corridor was where the thudding was coming from, loud now that the pair were down here.

[There is no power to the door, so it cannot be opened without force.] said Frostbot. Only the blue glow illuminated the corridor now. [I suspect this floor to be one big 'panic room' capable of running certain key functions of the government for a short time in the event of an attack. The independent power generator for the building is non functional and the grid supply as we know has been disrupted. Whomever is in that room will asphyxiate in a short period of time.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 12 2022, 07:50

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE and NOWHERE MAN

[There is no power to the door, so it cannot be opened without force.] said Frostbot. Only the blue glow illuminated the corridor now. [I suspect this floor to be one big 'panic room' capable of running certain key functions of the government  for a short time in the event of an attack. The independent power generator for the building is non-functional and the grid supply as we know has been disrupted. Whomever is in that room will asphyxiate in a short period of time.]

Without the benefit of Lionheart's warning senses, Frostbite had to hope that whoever was behind this wall was intended to be there. In any case, looking at the door wasn't going to solve the problem. Solidifying his form, taking a stand and increasing his strength and mass more, Frostbite took hold of the door and sought to wrench it open.

OOC: Assuming I can, in a world of supers, one wonders if this door is meant to withstand the likes of me, and therefore prove more difficult. In any case, I will seek to try and get it open, but be on standby for any traps that might be behind the door.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Apr 13 2022, 21:23

Frostbite forms ice on his body. He swells in every direction - up out - with increased super dense mass!

"brrrr." muttered Nowhere Man. He stood well clear.

Frostbite crunched over to the door. Literally crunched. The reinforced floor broke up with every step! With a wince he used his flight to hover slightly off the floor and then increased his density to its maximum level!

His flight was unable to counteract all of that extra weight (he now weighs 17APs which is around 3125 tons!) but did dull most of it. He weighed around 3.25 tons effectively on the floor which was still enough to compact and fracture the reinforced concrete but not to the extent that his full weight of thousands of tons in a tiny area would do!

The door would be as strong as any vault and designed to withstand not just terrorist attacks but superhuman as well!

OOC But not 'Ultra' human attacks.

Str 25 + rolls 2d12 = 6 +7 (13)=38 vs
OV14 + rolls 2d12 = 12 +12 (24) DOUBLE plus rolls 2d12 = 9 +6 (15)=53 FAILED

With a grunt Frostbite pushed and pulled at the door. Despite scoring the surface and making some dents, the door remained resolute!

"Thought you were strong." muttered Nowhere Man. Frostbite turned, an icy giant not looking much like a human and definitely not looking happy at that snarky comment!

"Whoa big guy." muttered Nowhere Man. "Hang on a second."

He phased, becoming ghostlike and thrust his head through the door. Muffled screams rang out and he popped his head out again.

"I told them to get back and away from the door." rasped Nowhere Man. He stuck his head through the door again. Frostbite heard muffled words on the other side though he supposed they were actually shouts!

"That got 'em moving. There's no one in danger on the other side. HIT IT!"

Frostbite considered then pulled a fist back, slamming it hard into the vault door!

OOC Equivalent of a Devastating Attack!

Str 25 + rolls 2d12 = 7 +4 (11)=36 vs
OV14 + 8 Dev Attack + rolls 2d12 = 4 +3 (7)=29 Success +4
EV25 +4 (EV29) vs RV14 - 12 Dev Attack (RV2)=27 RAPs. Success. And then some!

The door explodes inwards like tin foil, torn clear off its hinges and wrapping itself around Frostbites' fist! He tore it from his arm like paper and scrunched it into a ball.

Inside the room was large, square and much as you'd expect a bomb shelter/panic room to be though it was pure darkness aside from someone holding up a cigarette lighter. There must be... thirty or more of the Prime Ministers' staff in here, all petrified and huddled together. The walls were lined with shelf upon shelf of tinned food and supplies. Several of the aides were near a portable generator that looked dead.

Frostbite thudded into the room.

Nowhere Man moved to the side of him and someone called out "That's Nowhere Man! He's one of the terrorists!"

People started to scream...

Nowhere Man shook his head in disgust and turned to leave. "They are all yours." he growled as he marched out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Apr 14 2022, 08:18

Admin wrote:[b]FROSTBITE and NOWHERE MAN

Frostbite thudded into the room.

Nowhere Man moved to the side of him and someone called out "That's Nowhere Man! He's one of the terrorists!"

People started to scream...

Nowhere Man shook his head in disgust and turned to leave. "They are all yours." he growled as he marched out.  

Frostbite immediately moved back into his more recognisable state and held his hands up to help those who were panicking see he meant no harm. "OK people, stay with me I am Frostbite..." He was going to add 'of the UK Champions', but right now that name didn't carry the weight he wanted and might add additional baggage. "We are here to help, admittedly a little late. But it's 'safe' as it can be upstairs. Does anyone need medical attention? Can anyone tell me what has gone on and where the Prime Minister is? "

Frostbite was aware that taking time to get information here might be fruitless, the Queen and Country were facing a barrage to soften them up for Advent to come and that alone was going to mean a heavy price to pay. And all this at a time when Thoth was wanting to gather forces to withstand the patristic menace from the Moon! And all the while his own counterpart from another Earth was running rings around him. Someday, he was going to get a day off and when he did there'd be a list of catching up to do...

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 17 2022, 20:01

One of the staff turned and shouted out, raising his hands. The others, panicked men and women, calmed and the fellow turned. "I'm Crispin Denham-Ford, one of the ministerial aides for the Prime Minister. When it became clear that we were under attack we retreated down here. Unfortunately something happened to the power, which shouldn't have. Some kind of localised electro magnetic pulse we think but can't be sure. It cut the power to the room and we couldn't get the generator restarted - the board is fried."

[Clearly one of the super villains is able to disrupt electrical circuits and the flow of energy. You must beware of such a foe. It is unknown what the effect of an attack of this kind could have on us, more specifically my program.] stated Frostbot.

"Frostbite, we know you, of course." said Denham-Ford. "Are the rest of the Vanguard here? What are you doing with Nowhere Man? Is he mixed up in this? We have a file a mile long on the man and he's top of most of Europes' wanted list. I don't understand. What is...?"

"Frostbite!" rasped Nowhere Man from the corridor. "Get out here. There's someone else down here..."

Frostbite turned to leave and heard a voice "Wait!"

"Sir! You can't you musn't" hissed a woman in a suit, her hand tucked in the jacket coat.

A man stepped forward. Frostbite frowned. With the light from a cigarette lighter and his own blue chestplate casting a glow across the room near where he stood. The man was in his early fifties, balding, non descript. Shirt straining with a paunch. What the...?

[There is an electrical field around the man] stated Frostbot.

The 'field' shimmered and the image of the man changed! Changed into... the Prime Minister of Great Britain, Callum Hinds!

OOC Set in the near future we don't mess about with current politics in our game! That way lies madness!

Callum Hinds was just a year into his first tenure as Prime Minister and had already ruffled feathers by embracing the superhuman community for defence and development of the country. He'd had to deal with the fact that Advent had more or less taken over the majority of the continent though they would say it was a partnership to better the lives of the EU Citizens... With a slim parliamentary majority he'd still nonetheless managed to draw enough rebels from the other parties to back several key bills. Employment was up, crime was down, key projects were going to come in under budget and ahead of time thanks to cooperation with the superhuman community.

And then... and then Frostbyte and Saladin took over Eurotrash and all of Hind's work was undermined, undone in places. The country was in disarray, the reputation of the UKChampions in tatters...

Hinds finished shimmering into view and was immediately flanked and shielded by two smart suited agents (one of whom was the woman). Both had chunky looking pistols in hand and looked like they knew how to use them.

"Please..." said Hinds to his bodyguards. "This man just punched through a door designed to stop anything short of a nuclear detonation. If he wanted to hurt anyone, we'd already be dead."

[Hinds must be using a self powered holographic appearance kaleidoscopic electronic device. HACKED for short. One of Wandafars' designs if I am not mistaken, which explains why it was better able to resist the emp that disrupted the power supply. He will have used one of his decoys using another device like this to pose as himself. There may be more than one of them. A clever ploy seeing as they are using one of the few devices immune to the EMP effect.] said Frostbot.

"Frostbite!" hissed Nowhere Man from the corridor...

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 2 Frostbite-vs-Eurotrash

"Is now a good time to mention I'm not that much use in a fight?" muttered Nowhere Man...

OOC bad guys are at the end of the corridor from upstairs where you came from. They've clearly figured out that the Prime Minister they took was a decoy and have sent someone back to find the real one!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 17 2022, 20:03

OOC I have to shrink the page (Ctrl+Scroll Down on the mouse) to 80% to see the picture. Depending on what device you are using you may need to do the same. Unfortunately that means I need a microscope to see the text so I'm happy to see just half the pic on my screen!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Apr 19 2022, 21:10

Admin wrote:OOC I have to shrink the page (Ctrl+Scroll Down on the mouse) to 80% to see the picture. Depending on what device you are using you may need to do the same. Unfortunately that means I need a microscope to see the text so I'm happy to see just half the pic on my screen!

OOC: No it's fine, I got the main part of the picture.

Moving head of the cowering staff of No10 Frostbite erected a wall of ice behind him, to protect them from stray blasts. As he did he spoke, "Nowhere Man what is this have you led me into a trap. You better not have set me up, just so you can get in with whoever happens to be on the up and up."

It was a desperate ploy, one that relied on Nowhere Man to play along. Frostbite wasn't sure he could take down the whole group, but he couldn't just let them take the prime minister either. The violence and callousness with which they had fought the troops outside suggested that they were not going to be gentle. But since Nowhere Man was next to useless in a fight, Frostbite intended to make this look good, and if it did go south, seek to see if he couldn't plant Nowhere Man in the group to cause harm later if he should fail.

OOC:OK so we've not rolled for int so I am hoping that the I can change into my (I am going to regret calling it this) my slushy form, after making the ice hard wall behind me will be a free action, if I win initiative seek to blast them with an area attack, I'll put all my points into it to see if I can overwhelm them before they can get back at me. If not try and dodge and stay in the fight for as long as I can.

Sj

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 22 2022, 09:04

NOWHERE MAN twitches with the inference he is some kind of turncoat despite being used to that kind of accusation (and more) but is more than smart enough to apply the words from a man he trusts and the current situation.

"How do you think the hierarchy of EUROTRASH know that the people in their custody aren't the real deal? Besides, do you blame me?" he adds, moving away somewhat from Frostbite. "The British Government, Press and People all treat me like a criminal! You are on the losing side here Frostbite! Hand over the Prime Minister and surrender!"

A couple of the villains look at each other.

The first (OOC from left to right numbered as follows...)

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 2 Frostbite-vs-Eurotrash-numbered

Narrows his eyes. "I don't know... Nowhere Man has always been a grey area, for us AND the other side. He may be playing us..." he says (OOC viz an accent I don't hef time to apply)

"Get over there." barked <5> "SKREE!" he shouted to <2> "Watch him!"

"You don't tell me vat to do!" hissed Skree.

"Give it a rest!" barked <3> "We're here to do a job! You two can continue your personal feud elsewhere!"

"Who put you in charge?" hissed Skree.

<1> rolled his eyes and stepped forward. "Nowhere Man, if you deceive us in any way you will suffer as no one else has, ever!"

"Story of my life Drachenmeister" rasped Nowhere Man. "How do you think I got my name? I'm wanted Nowhere..."

"Oh boo hoo!" said <4> "What the Dragon guy said Nowhere Man. If you cross us I will seal you up in an icy prison whilst the skin is peeled from you."

Nowhere Man glowered but didn't reply.

Having raised a wall of ice sealing off the room and morphed into his lower density form (OOC Mr Slushy) formed up of ice crystals Frostbite stood ready to defend the Prime Minister and his staff.

Nowhere Man turned to face him. "Frostbite, you're outnumbered. If you didn't listen to my reasoning, listen to theirs! Surrender and I'll see that... Actually I can't guarantee anything. If you surrender I'll try to make sure your team are recruited rather than killed outright. I expect that Saladin and Frostbyte will want a word with you..."

Dropping those names caused the Eurotrash group to look at each other.

"You know zem?" hissed <4>

"Indeed I do Iceburn. I play both sides when it suits my purposes. They'll pay me well for delivering the location of the Prime Minister AND the biggest thorn in their sides!"

"What? We were sent here to make sure that..." started <3>

"Maître de l'épée (OOC sword master) how do you suppose I know all of you, where you would be at this time and what the plan was? Maybe if Saladin and Frostbyte shared their plans with you more rather than use you as mere 'errand boys'..." said Nowhere Man.

"What? You dare!" snarled Iceburn.

"He's right!" barked Drachenmeister. "They tell us where, when and who to hit. Nowhere Man... you might be useful. Perhaps you can tell us what's really behind all the plans our 'glorious' leaders make. Join us then. "

Nowhere Man looked at the bald german then glanced at Frostbite "I told you I'm on my own side and not to trust anyone in this business. I know a winner when I meet one and in this case it's Saladin and Frostbite."

He walked over to the villains who, still unsure and trusting, grudgingly allowed them amongst their ranks. He seemed to switch from German to French and English seamlessly.

"So now, Monsieur Frostbite, we are six and you are one. How would you like to play this? I am a civilised man. These others have more... intense emotions..."

"He's all rep!" snarled Iceburn. "I'm the coldest there is!"

"Great nickname." drawled  Maître de l'épée.

Iceburn flicked a glance at sword master and snarled. Drachenmeister stepped over and shouted "ENOUGH!"

At that moment Frostbite saw Nowhere Man flick a finger at his side pointing to his left where Drachenmeister (1), Iceburn (4), Swordmaster (Maître de l'épée) (3) and <5> were. That left Skree (2) on his left...

OOC Frostbite is an old hand at this, especially with Nowhere Man. With the exception of the other PCs he's had a longer association with James Caldwell/Nowhere Man than anyone. Mind you, you never quite know what you are going to get with him as his own agenda is first and everyone else a distant second...

How you interpret his hand gesture and the fact you can partially see through him (he's turned intangible) is up to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Apr 22 2022, 22:25

Admin wrote:

At that moment Frostbite saw Nowhere Man flick a finger at his side pointing to his left where Drachenmeister (1), Iceburn (4), Swordmaster (Maître de l'épée) (3) and <5> were. That left Skree (2) on his left...

OOC Frostbite is an old hand at this, especially with Nowhere Man. With the exception of the other PCs he's had a longer association with James Caldwell/Nowhere Man than anyone. Mind you, you never quite know what you are going to get with him as his own agenda is first and everyone else a distant second...

How you interpret his hand gesture and the fact you can partially see through him (he's turned intangible) is up to you...

"Why you dirty schemer...I can see that if you are against me the game is up..."

Frostbite made to lower his guard before suddenly aiming to the side where Nowhere Man had pointed aiming a wide burst of his blizzard chilling cold blasting powerful energy attack. Pouring in all the considerable power and experience he had built over the years of being the second man to bear that name.

OOC: OK going with what Nowhere Man suggests and firing a wide burst to catch as many to the left and then right. Whilst I'd like to go for crit or devastating attacks I think going wide like this will be hard enough to hit them, so let's go for accuracy and pour the points we have from our power reserve to do damage. This has got to thin the ranks or I am going to know it. At least Nowhere Man played his part to a tee.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 26 2022, 11:43

OOC Apologies blah blah for delay. Last day today then a few off. Trying to juggle a few things at the moment and this game is my only 'me' time if that makes any sense so my enforced absence should explain how much of that I'm (not!) getting!

OOC Frostbite just about wins initiative...

Accuracy 4D (0D Defence) AV26 (pow Res into En Blast) + 6d12+0=11,12,1,10,6,5+0=23 (No doubles, good job you'd not gone for more power) Total 49 vs
Highest OV 12 + 3D Acro + Multi on 5 (+6) + 5d12+0=3,4,10,10,11+0=20 DOUBLE (uh oh) plus 2d12+0 11,10+0 = 41 (53) Total MISSED!

You've been undone by a double there and possibly going for too many targets!

Frostbite blasted out but the villains scattered! One was especially agile (#3) and ducked, weaved, rolled and twisted aside from the beam that Frostbite unleashed!

"Sacre Bleu!" shouted one villain. "Ee is as powerful as zey say!" he said as he saw the Energy Beam neatly carved pin sharp lines in the reinforced concrete!

OOC I assume Frosty switches his points to his Fluid Form to be practically invulnerable. In this form he's a living collection of ice crystals that flows and moves like water. Mr Slushy then. Power reserve 10 to Fluid Form 5 (15).

I'll take each villain in turn and stat out their most important stuff here in the thread. Haven't quite got enough time to stat out all of them (only partially done) and you have the habit of one shotting my bad guys so as to make all my hours of carefully crafting backgrounds and histories to blend with the carefully selected powers and skills/abilities somewhat of a waste of time Laughing

#1 Aura Of fear 11 + 2d12+0 2,10+0 = 12 (23) vs
OV9 + 2d12+0 12,12+0 = 24 DOUBLE (Boom!) plus 2d12+0 11,4+0 = 39 (48) Missed!

Frostbite feels a wave of ... something wash over him but he neither freeze on the spot in fear nor runs off!

"It is not... how can he...?" splutters the bald German.

OOC #2 SENSORY BLOCK (Sound) 15 + 2d12+0 11,5+0 = 16 (31) vs
OV9 + 2d12+0 1,2+0 = 3 FAILED (yeowch!) Success +8
EV15 +8 (23) vs RV9=14 RAPs. Frostbite is DEAF for 16 Hours!!! (Somewhat reduced by his Regeneration) OV vs physical attacks reduced by -4 (balance shot)

Suddenly the world went silent! Frostbite saw mouths moving but couldn't hear anything! He heard Frostbot though [We have been deafened. Your bodys' natural processes will repair the damage to your inner ear but it may take some minutes of recovery. If we have them.]

OOC #3 The agile villain who'd been dancing about and proved so hard to hit (compared to the others) stepped up and delivered a pitch perfect karate kick!

AV12 + 2D M arts (already had 3D Defence) + 4d12+0 3,8,11,9+0 = 31 (43) vs
OV27 - 4 (deaf) - 2 flank attack + 2d12+0 12,11+0 = 23 (44) MISSED! Just...

"Owww can eee be so fast?" says the villain, but of course Frostbite can't hear it!

OOC #4 The icy villain who was cocky enough to think he was more powerful than Frostbite!

Ice Production 11 + 2d12+0 9,10+0 = 19 (30) vs
OV27 - 4 (deaf) - 2 flank attack + 2d12+0 8,3+0 = 11 (32) Missed! Just...

Ice forms up in the corridor all around Frostbite and he casually lifts a leg, snapping off from where this chump had tried to ice him to the floor! Some of them won't learn...

OOC #5 uses his Telekinetic force field as a kind of SNARE

Snare 15 + 2d12+0 4,5+0 = 9 (24) vs
OV27 - 4 (deaf) - 2 flank attack (21) + 2d12+0 11,5+0 = 16 (37) Missed!

Frostbite sees his mouth move but can't tell what the telekinetic is saying!

He DOES see something else. Nowhere Man vanishes!

Of all the times to run out on him! Frostbite stands alone against five villains of Eurotrash!

OOC You win initiative. By switching points around instead of moving you can boost energy then fluid form. Not much can help against those mental attacks though and they may do you in!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Apr 27 2022, 13:26

Admin wrote:OOC You win initiative. By switching points around instead of moving you can boost energy then fluid form. Not much can help against those mental attacks though and they may do you in!

Frostbite had long factored in that as a soldier, let alone a fantastically powered superhuman, standing in the way of death would one day get you killed. If that was so, then as much as any man could come to terms with this being his last day, he'd done so.

Being able to swiftly change from his more solid-state to his viscous form meant he could avoid the worst physical attacks, but not mental. That was where he had to go first. As he shifted around seeking to avoid being hit, he also needed to hit, and again shifted gears within himself to fire at those who were the biggest threat.

OOC: OK let's go for the mentalist Drachenmeister I believe, and if there is one standing nearby, I'll go for those two and no more. I overdid it last time and don't want to this time. So pour my points into energy attack and seek to go for accuracy this time.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 30 2022, 23:20

FROSTBITE

Targeting the worst threat that he could discern, Frostbite levelled an arm and blasted the mentalist Drachenmeister!

OOC Should be an easy takedown...

Energy Blast 26 + 2D Accuracy (2D Acrobatics) + 4d12+0 5,4,7,4+0 = 8 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0
5,6+0 = 19 (45) vs
OV7 + range 1 + 1D Acrobatics + 3d12+0 8,4,10+0 = 18 (26) Success +6
EV26 + 6 (EV32) vs RV20=12 RAPs. Drachenmeister is DOWN and OUT!

Despite being protected behind a forcefield Drachenmeister is flattened and slides along the floor after a blast with the power to scythe through a mountain punches through the defensive field and drops the mentallist!

Frostbite mentally switches his energy to becoming fluid once more as the villains try to gangpile the 'lone' hero!

OOC Villain #2 Flash attack!

Flash 14 + 2d12+0 3,4+0 = 7 (21) vs
OV12 (Fluid Form won't help against a sensory attack) - Deaf 4 + 2D Acrobatics + 4d12+0 12,4,5,3+0 = 17 (25) Missed!

Frostbite spins, covering his eyes and avoiding the blinding flash aimed at his eyes! Not much he could do about the ringing in his ears though!

OOC Villain #3 launches a martial arts attack with blistering speed delivering fists and kicks at the slippery/slushy superhero!

AV12 + 5D M Arts (0D Defence) + 7d12+0 12,3,11,10,4,9,8+0 = 23 (no doubles???) (35) vs
OV27 - 4 (deaf) - 2 flank attack + 2D Acrobatics + 4d12+0 4,6,11,9+0 = 20 (41) Missed!

Despite being deaf and the Martial Artist having staggering skill Frostbite flowed and weaved around every blow calmly! Indeed, even when blows struck his body parted where the blow landed and reformed around it.

OOC #4 The icy villain.

Ice Production 11 + 2d12+0 12,1+0 = 13 (24) vs
OV27 - 4 (deaf) - 2 flank attack + 2D Acrobatics + 4d12+0 6,3,9,4+0 = 15 (36) Missed!

The blasts from the icy villain were powerful but relatively clumsy in comparison to Frostbite. It took minimal effort to avoid the cold blasts and chances were that he wouldn't feel it anyway.

OOC #5 villain tries again to use his Telekinetic force field as a kind of SNARE

Snare 15 + 2d12+0 9,11+0 = 20 (35) vs
OV27 - 4 (deaf) - 2 flank attack (21) + 2D Acrobatics + 4d12+0 11,12,4,8+0 = 23 (44) Missed!

It becomes clear that Frostbite is powerful not only to hold off the attacking villains on his own but also that he could pick them off at his leisure even through a powerful force field!

The villains started shouting in French and suddenly Nowhere Man appeared near the force field villain! The guy stumbled, crying out in fear but Nowhere Man simply said "You have no chance against this man. Say the word and I will help you to escape."

OOC Was Nowhere Man switching sides???

You should be able to aim for at least a couple of them if you don't go for any acrobatics dice (and pour it all in attack) to take out these guys. Nowhere Man seems to be trying to persuade the telekinetic guy to accept his help and vamoose.

You're up...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next