The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

3 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 8 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Aug 21 2023, 12:57

Admin wrote:"...and I suspect you know me." rasped the man in the all black face mask. "What do you know of me?"

"Well that happened faster than I expected..." Frostbite wondered at what point Nowhere Man was in his journey back and forth through time and dimension in space. "Well I know you called Nowhere Man, your real name is Caldwell. I know you're a loner who has had one very, very bad day. You've been touched by deep and painful tragedy. You also travel in and through time, as well as other spaces and it hasn't left you so very well adjusted. IN the future I guess you could stretch credulity and call us friends. But I am not sure you'd feel comfortable with that. I don't like your ways, and your probably don't like mine. But here we are, trying to stop a gang of Eurotrash wannabe's from killing a load of innocent hostages and holding europe to ransom with stolen Nuclear assets. Oh and somewhere around here is the guys responsible for this fog, Stormwarden. Who knows nothing about me until this night. OK want me to go on? Only I am afraid of breaking the space time continuum or something."

Frostbite was fighting the effects of time dilation and trying hard to recall all he knew about Caldwell, but there had been so much over the years it was piece meal and he had been two different people at two different times now somehow merged in this place and time. No wonder Nowhere Man found it hard.

But time was getting on and he had to find Dawson and not stop himself from getting a start in the line of work somehow he had continued to exist in years later.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 8 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

Post  Admin Tue Sep 05 2023, 11:19

NOWHERE MAN and FROSTBITE (In the past)

Nowhere Man held up a hand. "Enough! I'd appreciate you keep any details you know about me discreet. It would only give my enemies more ammunition if they knew more about me."

His eye slits narrowed. "In this current place and time the enemy includes the State, but you know this I suppose, seeing as..." he seems to look Frostbite up and down " 'You aren't from around here' in a manner of speaking."

"Truth told neither am I." added the Vigilante.

"We need to stop this before Eurotrash do something stupid. They are mercenaries for the most part. Many of them aren't killers, just caught up in a situation they can't get out of. Some of them are just idiots though and there are a couple of them in there." he said pointing to the floor.

"I suppose..." he considered his next words "You know about the 'Dark Power' and ... Yes. I see it in your face. You were always honest - to a fault - Joe and whilst I can't count on many who I would consider a friend, you were always one."

Frostbite is a little taken aback as Nowhere Man offers a hand to shake.

"Stormwarden can't know about you - why you are here and so on. I would normally suggest you don't say anything to spoil the timeline but both of us have been at this point before."

"me at least twenty or thirty times, I lost count after the first dozen or so where things went wrong. In some realities you died and the Dark Powers that dwell in the shadows 'won'. In others you were discredited enough that you would never form the Vanguard."

"I even came across a couple of villainous versions of yourself." he added. Tapping Frostbite on the dome on his chest - Frostbot - he elaborated. "Corrupt program ate away at your sanity and you became a bad guy. If it's any consolation you were a reluctant one right until the end, when I had to kill you..."

He pondered for a moment. "When Stormwarden returns have him ready to catch any runners when they try to get out through the roof. Go back down there and tell them you got me. We'll have to make it convincing. Sock me in the mouth. I don't think - at this point - you have strength enough to punch a battleship into orbit so other than a sore jaw I should be fine, but it will help the act. Then 'drag' me down there and make your act convincing. They may want to get in a few licks. Let them. Eurotrash hate me more than most because I foiled their best plans. Easy enough. I was 'in' on them as a costumed villain, Phasenritter. When I revealed my plan and had hordes of DICE agents and UKChampions pouring in from my tip off, I don't think they took it well."

Frostbite considered. He'd have to be convincing and when he spoke to the Eurotrash villains he'd have to make it clear that Nowhere Man had been no pushover, that he'd caught him by surprise or luck. His reputation was such that most rank and file Eurotrash villains hated and feared him in equal amounts...

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 8 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 8 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Sep 07 2023, 12:03

Admin wrote:Frostbite considered. He'd have to be convincing and when he spoke to the Eurotrash villains he'd have to make it clear that Nowhere Man had been no pushover, that he'd caught him by surprise or luck. His reputation was such that most rank and file Eurotrash villains hated and feared him in equal amounts...

Frostbite having considered Nowhere Man's words said, "OK, I need to rough you up, but so do you me, or else I will look to clean. They know you are tough, it's better I make it look as if I didn't have it too easy either."

With that in mind, Frostbite said that he had to go bring Stormwarden in on this and then, at least their plan had all its players assembled. Whether it could work or not is anyone's guess.

OOC: OK let's go make sure Stormwarden is up to speed before we embark on making one another look pretty roughed up. And then we go below to see if we can't persuade the others, before we go on the offensive and try and free the hostages, recover the stolen nuclear material and find a lead on Dawson all without giving the game up that I am from the future. Sounds like a usual day's work Very Happy

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 17 2023, 19:31

FROSTBOT 'Spoke' INSIDE FROSTBITES MIND

'Rather than punch your ally or tear up his costume may I suggest some kind of 'ice shackles'? Nowhere Man's costume should protect from the cold for a reasonable length of time and he can phase - as you can - at any time to free himself. The Eurotrash villains will see their enemy and you will have a short time to enact your plan before they apply the knowledge they have on Nowhere man and his abilities, many of which are not widely known at this time.' said the artificial intelligence inside Frostbites' head.

'Or at ANY time.' admitted Frostbot, adding a fair point.

"He's coming." said Nowhere Man, looking up into the fog.

Stormwarden arrived moments later.

"Frostbite! I've been looking for... whoa!" he said, striding towards Nowhere Man. "That's NOWHERE MAN! He's wanted by the police and the press say that..."

"The Police also want YOU, and anyone else who wears a mask and has superhuman abilities." rasped Nowhere Man, arms crossed.

Stormwarden was about to make a grab at Nowhere Man but paused. "Where did you go? I see you with my eyes but..." he wafted a hand about and it swept through Nowhere Man.

"We don't have time for this." rasped the Vigilante. "Sort out your friend. We need to get in there and sort those idiots out before their ride out of here arrives."

"Wait..." said Stormwarden, flicking from Nowhere Man to Frostbite "You KNOW this guy? Are you working with him? What else haven't you told me?" he growled...

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 8 Tables_draft_v2_higher_resThe NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 8 Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 19 2023, 13:00

Admin wrote:"Wait..." said Stormwarden, flicking from Nowhere Man to Frostbite "You KNOW this guy? Are you working with him? What else haven't you told me?" he growled...

Frostbite held up his hands, "know, no know one and I mean know one knows this man. Not truely. And I am not being some level cryptic here. But in as much as one can know I do know him to a degree. Stormwarden I haven't showed all my hand. But you've not got me wrong. I am a hero. Briefly, I not from this time. I'm from the past..." Frostbite wasn't telling a lie, he was from the past and the future, he wasn't, couldn't reveal all. But he felt the hero deserved the truth he could reveal.

"You can tell from my accent I am an American, I served in WW2 when our country was dragging its feet about helping in the war. I got these strange powers and well here I am. This sort of thing happens to us. I've got a mission and I suspect Nowhere Man, is here because somehow he's been pulled into this moment as well. The goons below bought my story, about wanting to be in with them. I felt it safe I try and get between them and the hostages. But as a show of good faith they want me to bring in Nowhere Man. So we we're going to do that. But I insisted we brought you up to speed. Things may get crazy and I want you to know what is going on. I owe you that."

Frostbite waited for the hero to respond, hoping he'd done and said enough to win him over.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 25 2023, 10:25

STORMWARDEN

"Wha...?" spluttered Stormwarden. "You expect me to believe that load of..."

"What's so hard to believe? You are dressed in spandex, can fly, control the weather, lift a transit van off the floor... Time travel shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp when you know there are hundreds, thousands even, of people around the world who can do things that science cannot easily explain." rasped Nowhere Man, clearly impatient. As usual.

"Sure but TIME TRAVEL is... wait. What? You said Transit Van. How did you... have you been spying on me?" said the big man, stepping up to loom large over Nowhere Man!

Frostbite stepped forward but NM held a hand up. "Don't need to." rasped the black clad Vigilante. "We've had this conversation before. We've met before. More than once. You don't know it but we've been on the same side for a while. It's as he says." Nowhere Man stated with a nod towards Frostbite. "You can trust him with your life. In all the time I have known the man he's never betrayed a friend nor given cause to mistrust him. Me on the other hand... I have my own agenda. 'Big Picture' so to speak. That means I have to break a few eggs to make the omelette and it gets messy along the way."

"I still don't..." started Stormwarden.

Nowhere Man sighed. "You are Guy Saint Ives. Your wife and son were killed in a car crash after your car was shot in a police chase with armed robbers. You have been hitting the bottle hard and on the sick from work - where you are employed in the 'Investments' section at the local Council. They aren't particularly understanding and your six months sick pay is almost up. Bills to pay, no direction, about to lose your job and the family home. On the side - as a hobby - you write 'bulk fiction' for magazines and short story compilations. You're not bad at it but can't stick to deadlines. A couple of weeks ago you fell asleep on the sofa and woke up a foot and a half taller and on a smashed sofa. You can bench press a transit van and fly as well as control the weather. You can fight, well. You put the costume on to go after the criminals who destroyed your life, the mask to protect your family. In your first outing you stopped a people trafficking set up where vulnerable people were about to be left high and dry having been fleeced by criminal gangs. It felt good. Despite the media and government dead set against masks you feel you can make a difference. You will, as Stormwarden. For a time with this man then you'll go your own way. Primarily a lone wolf you work with others and gain the respect of the superheroic community. Eventually you meet someone, settle down. You will be happy again, but always haunted by what happened. Right now you need to straighten up, suck it up and be a hero instead of the stumbling buffoon in purple and yellow who can't move on. Get a grip. Lives are on the line. If you can't do what needs to be done, get out of here, burn that costume and get back to the bottle..."

Stormwarden blinked, pale face and looked like he'd been struck.

"How... how do you...? That... you know." he spluttered.

"Frostbite here is the nice way of telling you things. I say it straight. It's my 'thing' and most don't like me for it." growled Nowhere Man.

The big man sagged, slumping to sit on the wall on the edge of the roof. "I have... it's true. The bottle I mean. Since... this happened I haven't wanted any..." he muttered.

"That's because you have no money, booze has a reduced effect and you're too honest to use your powers for crime. You're desperate though and need direction." said Nowhere Man. "The pair of you. New to your powers and not the only ones. I knew you were coming... don't ask how." he said with a hand raised. "And you both along with others will save the world from itself. You'll gain more power than you ever dreamed, with what you have now just scratching the surface. You'll suffer loss, tragedy. beyond all that you'll save lives, bring hope and inspiration to an under fire nation and help end this..." he waved a hand about "Madness where the nation is set against those who protect her. All that and more. But right now we need to get in there and grab a suitcase full of depleted uranium and save those hostages."

He walked forward, through Stormwarden who gasped and moved up to Vitesse, still frozen on the rooftop. "Don't think I don't know you are playing possum, scumbag." he snarled. He plunged a hand into Vitesses' chest and the man gasped, eyes bulging.

He slumped to the ground and Nowhere Man turned to the shocked heroes. "He's alive. I gave his heart a squeeze. He'll be out for hours and ill for days. Too dangerous to leave out here unguarded. His fast metabolism means he was about to recover and speed off."

He marched back over. "So." he said to Stormwarden. "We good?"

The big man looked down at the two heroes he towered over, chewed his lip then nodded. "Yeah. I'm in."

Nowhere Man nodded. "When you hear screams and shooting, get in there, fast as you can." he turns to Frostbite. "Hit me, on the cheek." He whips off his mask revealing a mass of unkempt hair, straggly beard hack short at the chin and haunted eyes. Shaven, hair cut, he'd look like a different man.

"Your secret identity..." spluttered Stormwarden.

"So you've seen my face? So what? All the people I love are dead or think I'm dead. It's better that way. I wear the costume and mask because it strikes fear into bad guys. No one is afraid of some scruffy bloke in a cape and black tights. With the mask on, the voice, the attitude... it's all about fear. The rest I leave to idiots like Eurotrash to embellish and grow. Did you know I took out a whole squad of armed and armoured goons with just my fists, and I can blast rays from my eyes? I didn't know that until some Eurotrash goon squealed." He huffed and gave a rare half smile, something that Frostbite wasn't fooled by. he'd seen those haunted eyes too many times, for too long. "Bloody nose and black eye. Make it look good." he said to Frostbite.

"I could..." started Stormwarden.

"I said I wanted a bloody nose, not my head knocking off!" said Nowhere man in a rare show of humour as he clapped Stormwarden on a hugely muscled arm. "Do me a favour when you drag me in. Keep me mostly in shadow. I don't mind if the 'Trash idiots get a partial look at my face but wouldn't want too many civvies getting a good look. I do occasionally have to go to the shops to buy food and such."

OOC plan is for Frosty to sock NM and drag his groggy body into the building to present to the villains. Next post will have you into the lions den!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Sep 26 2023, 12:55

[quote="Admin"]

OOC plan is for Frosty to sock NM and drag his groggy body into the building to present to the villains. Next post will have you into the lions den!

Setting himself with grim resolve, Frostbite set about doing deliberately what he would otherwise only ever do if he had no other choice. Beating up an allie to fool the villains below was an extreme stretch of this very thing. It made Frostbite angry, but he had to direct that anger in the right way or else he might just give the game away.

OOC: OK I assume since NwM isn't resisting the chances of failing this are pretty low. No critical misses which mean I accidently decapitate myself type of thing ;-). Once we're set, we'll get to it, taking onboard what we agreed about the shadows and all that. I will descend where they are thickest to give me the best chance of protecting NwM and yet showing him in a beaten state. And hopefully start to winkle our way into a more advantageous situation.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 15 2023, 20:32

OOC Gah! Nearly 2 weeks since I posted last in here. Mind you this is proving the busiest time of year for me on the Trains so not much I can do. Let's see how many replies I can sort out... (also, apologies for tardiness)

FROSTBITE was a hero, the most basic, noble kind.

There was right and wrong. Shades of grey didn't sit easy with him. Nowhere Man was all grey and quite often the darker shades of it. In order to succeed frostbite would have to be convincing...

SMECK! He backhanded Nowhere Man who grunted. "Another." he muttered. Sucking in a breath and tempering his blow, Frostbite cuffed the anti hero again. This one knocked the man down, and he got to his feet. "I said to make this look convin..."

SMACK!

The punch in the face sent Nowhere Man sprawling and he grunted. "Aye, that'll do 'Slugger' " he said as blood ran down his face and into his beard. He ruffled his hair up, smeared the running blood about and asked Stormwarden "How do I look?"

"Like a homeless bloke who got into a scrap." replied the big man.

"Not far from the truth." huffed Nowhere Man. He turned to Frostbite and gave a nod, tucking his mask into his belt. "Right then, let's be at it. Stormwarden be ready."

"Ready for what?"

"Anything! ANY shooting AT ALL and get yourself in there to get hostages out!" grunted Nowhere Man through swelling lips. He rubbed his chin and grinned. "Bet that felt good eh? If you know me like you say, must've been more than one occasion that you wanted to sock me in the mouth!" He spat a gobbet of blood to the rooftop and nodded again. "Let's bet at it. Don't be gentle. Remember. Convincing. Stop the Trash and protect the hostages. Grab the radioactive material."

Frostbite phased through the roof into the shadows of the abandoned power station into the huge hall, Nowhere Man dragged about by his cape.

With the pair undetected they settled onto the concrete floor and took in the view.

What light there was came from flickering emergency bulbs. A group of hostages sat in a circle, huddled, whimpering, frightened. Gunmen were stood about, some training AK47s on the hostages, others stood about speaking quietly, smoking, listening to a radio give details of the siege from the Press point of view outside and so on. They would get some kind of warning (they expected) from their guards on the rooftop and others dotted about.

Or so they hoped.

Between the heroes they had taken out the villains 'eyes' and 'ears'.

As they quietly walked towards the dim light circle Nowhere Man chuckled. "Fools. They think someone is jamming their radio signals. I used to be a computer tech in a former life. Still know a few tricks. Little do they know that everyone on the other end of the radio is snoozing, eh? Remember Frostbite. Make it look good!"

They got closer to the light and one of the guards noticed movement, then saw the blue glow of Frostbites chestplate.

"Halt! HALT! Who goes there?!"

The costumed villains spun and stared, looking towards the silhouettes of the pair - one walking, the other being shoved and dragged.

OOC Over to Frostbite! Remember, convincing!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Oct 19 2023, 14:10

[quote="Admin"]"Halt! HALT! Who goes there?!"

The costumed villains spun and stared, looking towards the silhouettes of the pair - one walking, the other being shoved and dragged.

OOC Over to Frostbite! Remember, convincing!

Dumping Nowhere Man in front of him, Frostbite wiped his face, spitting to one side and putting his foot to rest atop Nowhere Man, and then leaned forward on his raised knee. "Job done..." he almost growled it out. Looking none too pleased. He then stepped over the prone victim and before stepping forward, kicked back hard so that he rolled toward the shadows from which he had come. "You sent me out to mop up and I did. Nearly got myself killed taking this monster down. Now I've played my hand, how about you show me yours!"

Frostbite said, as he stepped forward showing no quarter and given none either. This was high stakes, but he was doubling down on his 'win' and hoping that this carried credibility with the villains before him. He sure hoped they didn't have anyone reading his thoughts right now, or they'd probably seen he was faking it but he hoped he wasn't showing a hint of weakness as far as these goons were concerned.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 27 2023, 19:19

FROSTBITE with NOWHERE MAN and STORMWARDEN (waiting in the wings)

On his knees, spitting blood, Nowhere Man kept his face down at the edge of the circle of light in the once power station. The hostages strained to look but were cowed by the armed guards who waved AK47s in their faces, quietening them.

"Sacre Bleu!" spluttered Chevalier Noir, the French armoured villain at first recoiling in shock - Nowhere Man had a fearsome reputation - then moving closer, ready for any trick/ "Can it be? I recognise the costume... all black... but the hair, the beard... ze man is as sans-abri..."

Dominator snarled "Vas?"

"Homeless! Eee is nothing but as vagabond!" said Chevalier Noir, growing bolder and walking up to where the downed Vigilante was on his knees.

Matador laughed. "Ha! We shall get a better payment for this one than what is in ze box!" He swished his sword about then added "I shall delver ze death blow and ze reward shall be more zan ze sixty thousand euro I am being paid for zi..."

"Vat? Sixty thousand?" laughed Dominator. "I am being paid ninety!" he laughs. "You are being paid vat you are vorth!"

Matador whirled. "Vat? You DARE?"

Chevalier Noir muttered "Zey are only paying me fifty."

Dominator marched up to Matador, standing inches taller than the brightly dressed masked spaniard. "I say again, 'peacock', you are here just to make up ze numbers. if you strike ze Nowhere Man down I shall strike YOU down! Surely he is worth more alive, to torture, parade as a trophy, find out all he knows!"

Chevalier Noir clanked a few paces away. "Fifty. Do zey sink so poorly of me?"

Nowhere Man, long hair and fringe covering most of his face and the beard the rest, turned aside. "You see why these idiots are so hopeless?" he said in a low voice.

OOC See how it plays out or make your move? Two of the villains are about to square off, the third is stood apart, somewhat deflated. The hired goons are nervous looking, sensing it's all about to kick off. The hostages are petrified...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Oct 29 2023, 15:39

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE with NOWHERE MAN and STORMWARDEN (waiting in the wings)

OOC See how it plays out or make your move? Two of the villains are about to square off, the third is stood apart, somewhat deflated. The hired goons are nervous looking, sensing it's all about to kick off. The hostages are petrified...

Frostbite needed to take the heat out of the situation before they got reckless, but then again, if they fought each other surely that would make it easier to take down the others...

Sidling over to Chevalier Noir and spoke quietly,"50 yet your the one who recognised Nowhere Man was the genuine article. If you ask me, whilst these two are squaring off ready to beat each other up, here you are still doing what you were paid to do and yet their getting more? Something has seriously underrated you my friend. But what can you do? I guess if you turned up with Nowhere Man, and the Box, and left these two 2nd raters to answer to the police, then who'd be looking at a big fat payout then? I'm siding with you my friend, you've already shown you've got more brains than these two put together? But hey, look you're the intelligent one, I wouldn't know what to do here, but I'm willing to learn from someone as talented and clearly savvy as you."

Frostbite was trying hard to sound star struck and not make the man think he was being fooled, but his ego and his pride would surely be things he could stoke to his advantage if he could just make the man feel as if he was worth more than the others put together. He sure hoped that he could. Then a thought occurred to him..."look I'm going to let you into a secret, I took Nowhere Man down with mind control, I can use him to help us take the other two and keep him sweet as a puppy, so that we can out number them. That is how I took him down, I need to just be close to him, so I can keep him under control, this is your chance, and mine. With you running this show, your employer will have to see that he was wrong to misjudge you, or underestimate your powers. But look we've not got long, what do you say?"

Although speaking quietly, Frostbite made sure that he was close enough to Nowhere Man that he could overhear what he was saying that he might play along. If together they could take out the other villains - risky though it was, it might mean the other mean guarding hostages would be draw away from them, giving Stormwarden chance to rush in and get them away before they could be harmed. Frostbite was praying his desperate plan would work.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 03 2023, 21:08

FROSTBITE and NOWHERE MAN (with STORMWARDEN waiting in the wings)

Chevalier Noir in his black metal/alloy/plastic armour was impossible to read but the fact he was stood there considering was hopeful, surely?

"I don't know you but... HIM, we all know." he hissed, nodding his head at Nowhere Man. "We're not getting paid to kill anyone, just get ze box to the pick up point and split in separate directions. Those DICE or SMITE or Police or whoever they are mob out there don't worry us and ze only issue if if... " he spits the next word "heroes decide to show up. Zis is ze best situation for us - ze Cops are likely to shoot at zem as vell as us!"

"What is your cut in zis? I em only being paid..." he went quiet, clearly resentful.

Matador and Dominator were almost coming to blows!

"...clearly am ze most experienced and I deserve..."

"You? You are a joke! Your costume is a joke! You hef no real power! It is I who iz ze big player here! I shell hand over ze box und Nowhere Men und if you are lucky I shell cut you in on ze bonus!"

"Vat!?!? Why you..."

"Ummm..." started one of the armed goons who was taking a few steps back, clearly fearful of being caught in any crossfire between superhumans.

Chevalier Noir turned to Frostbite. "If you can really control Nowhere Men... have him take down ... Dominator!"

Frostbite glanced at the black clad vigilante. He was gesturing with his hand and in it was his mask. Clearly before he was 'commanded' or 'compelled' to act under Frostbites instructions he wanted to put his mask back on...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Nov 13 2023, 09:07

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE and NOWHERE MAN (with STORMWARDEN waiting in the wings)

Frostbite glanced at the black clad vigilante. He was gesturing with his hand and in it was his mask. Clearly before he was 'commanded' or 'compelled' to act under Frostbites instructions he wanted to put his mask back on...

OOC: Sorry post got buried in an avalanche of posts...

Frostbite agreed, and gestured so that he stood up as if under his influence. "The mask is part of his power set or something. No good without it!" he offered to explain why Nowhere Man was once again the vision many feared or kept a weary eye over their shoulder for.

With a few muttered words, including the word Dominator. Turning back to Chevalier Noir Frostbite said, "We'll need a distraction, I can control Nowhere Man, but I don't want the hired muscle turning on us. If you can take care of them, or at least stop them from siding with us, I can go for the others. Agreed"

He then added, "We've got this, this is our chance to strike for the big time and get the payout you deserve."

Frostbite certainly did hope he agreed, it wouldn't surprise him if the villain might turn on him, as likely to turn on his one time team. But he had no choice, he was in now whether he liked it or not. He just hoped they could protect the civilians.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 01 2023, 21:03

OOC Don't ever worry about not replying - I'm checking in when I can but even when I check in, I'm having to rush out. Tis the time of year. Every time I think I'm getting on top of stuff something else pops up, it's like whack a mole...

FROSTBITE

Listening in, Nowhere Man, now in deep shadow and 'masked up', suddenly vanished!

Joe gaped. Nowhere Man had a nasty habit of doing a vanishing act and at the most inappropriate times! As far as he knew it was never voluntarily - the powers that had been granted to him were at a cost and the 'higher powers' that granted them would regularly whisk him away to wherever he was needed even at the cost of family, friends, team mates... it made him the most unreliable of allies and so...

"Vat?" spluttered Chevalier Noir as he spun about. "FIND HIM!" he barked at the hired goons who started spreading out in the darkness.

"I thought you said you controlled him! He was under your power!" hissed the armoured criminal. Frostbite looked about. Had Nowhere Man left him high and dry? The plan was in tatters if...

Dominator snarled and towered over Matador. The pair railed at each other in their native tongues and suddenly Dominator spluttered "URK!"

A black clad glove/fist jutted from the Villains chest! What had Nowhere Man done now?!?!

Dominator stumbled forward, clutching at a ghostly hand that fell back. "Vas...?" he spluttered, voice croaking.

Matador whirled, whipping out his sword and pointed "He's THERE!" pointing at Nowhere Man who had reappeared in the darkness, intangible, then thrust a hand through the back of the villain, Dominator, solidifying it and that - as Frostbite knew - was a very, VERY dangerous thing to do.

If you were a 'regular' hero.

"He'll survive, but the heartburn will be hell to live with for a month." rasped Nowhere Man. "I'll do worse to you - I'm going to reach inside your head and give you the mother of all migraines for the rest of your life!"

"Wha...what?" spluttered Matador. "No, you're supposed to be a... a hero!"

CRISH!

All of a sudden the skylight exploded inwards as the large powerful muscled form of Stormwarden plunged into the room, sending glass scattering about, hostages to scream and jumpy hired goons to fire blindly at the roof and track the newcomers progress!

Landing in a crouch with his fist splintering the concrete in a circle around it Stormwarden called out "RIGHT YOU IDIOTS! STAND DOWN OR I'M GONNA BEAT YOU ALL TO A PULP!"

Frostbite winced. The timing was off somewhat but the games was up - Chevalier Noir spun to Frostbite and raised an arm, the wrist mounted blaster spinning up. "VAT? WHO IS THIS? WHO ARE YOU?"

"We are your worst nightmare, punk!" snarled Nowhere Man as he advanced on Matador. "FROSTBITE!" barked the Vigilante "Secure the hostages, take out the hired help!"

Stormwarden laughed "I hope you DON'T surrender! I'm going to enjoy beating you lot up!"

OOC Actions?

Initiative will be determined after. You are in melee range of Chevalier Noir and stunning whip range of four armed goons or can fly about and punch them as you pass, taking the whole lot out (which will be much, much more difficult).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 07 2023, 16:46

[quote="Admin"]Stormwarden laughed "I hope you DON'T surrender! I'm going to enjoy beating you lot up!"

OOC Actions?

Initiative will be determined after. You are in melee range of Chevalier Noir and stunning whip range of four armed goons or can fly about and punch them as you pass, taking the whole lot out (which will be much, much more difficult).

With a shrug Frostbite wasn't about to explain himself, things had gone on long enough. Where it not for the fact he was severely outgunned and desperately trying to hold things together, things wouldn't have gone on as they had. As it had happened though, now they stood a fighting chance. Ignore Noir, he flew toward the goons, mindful to put himself between their bullets and the hostages. It wouldn't take them long to gain the upper hand and start firing indiscriminately. Frostbite was still getting used to a prior himself who'd never been. He wasn't used to this form of his powers and hoped he didn't at this time, of all times, fail.

OOC: OK so whatever it takes to render the goons senseless with the powers that I have got or otherwise remain out of the fight. Either using my wind whip, frost powers or just fists, my aim is to try and make sure the enemy doesn't catch an civilian unwittingly with their gunfire. Also not to over stretch myself, I realize doing a group attack isn't going to work with my power set and abilities, so I'd rather punch one into another or keep them focused on me so they don't focus on the civilians.

I know FB at this stage was terrible, we upgraded his powers almost in the first fight, they were so ineffective - So glad that isn't the case these days. Anyway so I am hoping that they are going to be a help rather than handicap with me just acting as a punching bag for these guys. Paul I am happy for you to take whatever action is most strategically advantageous given the situation.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 21 2024, 00:47

OOC Apologies for the delay. Feels like whenever I find time to sit down and update someone either turns up or I have to drop everything to head out. on the plus side the Blood Pressure is down to less dangerous levels. Negative side is I may have to take pills for the rest of my life. Is what it it is.

Anyhow, quick update before I hit the sack and more updates tomorrow...

FROSTBITE headed towards the armed goons, intent on stopping them from hurting innocents.

Ignoring their screams the hero sized up his best options and applied them.

In his normal (previous) incarnation none of the villains or the goons would be in the vicinity of even thinking about being in his league. He moved in a different universe.

Here?

Day one, effectively? He grimaced, trying to remember how he'd struggled when he started, getting his head around abilities that made him roughly as effective as someone with a baseball bat. Dangerous, sure, but against someone with a high calibre machine gun you'd need to be sure you were on your toes and plenty of cover.

Still, this was the job.

He smiled to himself. He was an old hand at this. An expert by any measure of the word.

Forming the psychic 'wind' whip he moved forwards, lashed it out at the goons and concentrated on taking all four down.

OOC

Paralysis 9 is your (marginally) best attack.

AV 9 + 2D Weaponry + 4d12+0 7,9,1,7+0 = 14 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 9,7+0 = 30 (39) vs
OV3 + Multi Attack 4 + 2d12+0 2,4+0 = 6 (13)

Success +7

EV 9 + 7 (EV16) vs RV3 + Multi Attack 4 (RV7)=9 RAPs

All four goons cry out, go rigid then clatter to the ground in a heap, their weapons forgotten!

The costumed villains started but didn't get long to react.

Nowhere Man leapt at Chevalier Noir and the pair were lost in the darkness of the hall.

Stormwarden moved to attack Dominator and Matador, laughing as he towered over the pair. "You two are in fer a right kicking!" he laughed.

From somewhere could be heard a sound like wind screaming, a high speed plane or something shooting through the sky.

OOC Somebody else turning up? You can find more armed goons to put down or go help:

Nowhere Man with Chevalier Noir or

Stormwarden with Dominator and Matador

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jan 24 2024, 13:55

Admin wrote:
OOC Apologies for the delay. Feels like whenever I find time to sit down and update someone either turns up or I have to drop everything to head out. on the plus side the Blood Pressure is down to less dangerous levels. Negative side is I may have to take pills for the rest of my life. Is what it it is.

Anyhow, quick update before I hit the sack and more updates tomorrow...

From somewhere could be heard a sound like wind screaming, a high speed plane or something shooting through the sky.

OOC Somebody else turning up? You can find more armed goons to put down or go help:

Nowhere Man with Chevalier Noir or

Stormwarden with Dominator and Matador

OOC: No worries I've been a bit slower than usual in responding with lots going on.

Frostbite remembered well that Nowhere Man was no easy target, he'd eluded capture and defeat many times. Who knew what iteration of his life this one was anyway. But they all seemed to have seen and faced too much in any case. Frostbite was more worried about Stormwarden. His inexperience and overconfidence gave him reason to aid his companion. So He rushed to his aid, all the while concerned if the jet brought reinforcements and more trouble.

OOC:
OK Putting myself between the hostages and the villains I will seek to aid where I can. Using my powers to aid Stormwarden as best I can with my stunning wind whip. I know I was working with a low powered game rules and set of powers but man it is a wonder I survived this long -my offensive/defensive powers seem so little compared to now.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8