The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

3 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Dec 02 2022, 21:11

Admin wrote:"Sarge! You 'eard im!" said a cop with a machine gun pointed at Battlebug. "All this... it's THEIR fault! THEY are behind it, they are pullin' the wool over our eyes!"

"Down with supers!" cried someone in the crowd.

It started with a few voices and got louder, more boisterous, pushing and shoving, bellowing... pointing of guns...

Giving a warning look to the others, so as not to start anything. Frostbite raised his hands so as to ask if he could speak.

""You now you are right to be suspicious. We were masks, have powers and costumes to identify ourselves but so do the bad guys and who can tell one from another some days? You are right to be suspicious, you are right to ask questions. Remember Hitler persuaded a nation to follow his dream believing themselves superior to every other man, and look what carnage that brought, all because too few realized too late.

So yes be suspicious, ask questions, think and don't let others do the thinking for you. So let me ask you. If we were criminals as you are being told by another man on a TV screen, would we come here to a police station. Moreover, would we come here at a time when you are angry, hurting, fearful and deliberately put ourselves in harms way. And finally, would we come bringing these men, who clearly are up to no good, and instead not use them to gun you all down. Sure we could, but to what end? My young friends here, have more power at their hands than the nuclear reactor we just stopped from going up, causing untold harm for tens of years. But do you see us laying waste to you for daring to ask questions, for daring to challenge us? No, because we live in a democracy where class, colour, gender doesn't deny us the chance to ask questions and hold those in power to account. You're right to ask questions, but don't decide by answers given to you by a unknown man you've not elected on the screen. And not before you've had a chance to ask your own questions and before you've had a chance to think for yourselves, weight the evidence rather than have someone like Advent do the thinking for you.

Advent is not your friend, we are the Vanguard, and we are hear to fight for you, not against you. So you decide where you stand is it with unelected people, without a mandate telling you they've invited a foreign super power, without consent of the Government, to help us out? If I was going to ask questions, lets start there."

Frostbite waited for the people to react, wondering if he had said too much, not enough or if these people afraid and hurting where past the point of listening. He had to hope that they didn't have to fight the very people they were here to defend.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..."

Post  Admin Tue Dec 06 2022, 21:17

"He's Frostbite." said a man in the crowd. "He's OUR Frostbite. He is the Vanguard. They are OUR defenders, our protectors."

"Down with all capes!" shouted another man.

"Yeah? How's that gonna work? This man and his friends vanish and leave us to that Saladin guy and the other guy like him and ADVENT? Don't you read the papers? People are vanishing abroad..."

"...They are being helped, the treatment clinics..."

"My cousin lives in France and she said she knew someone who went for treatment. Never saw them again. She said he wasn't the only one. If anyone speaks out, they vanish too. You want that here? Go in for a routine operation, never come out?"

"That's just... rumour... hearsay..."

"And you accept ADVENT at face value?"

"Guy has a point." said Battlebug. "Listen to this man." he said, pointing to the first man who'd spoken. "Listen to this man." he said with a pointed finger to Frostbite. "Trust your instincts. For years and years the UKChampions and Vanguard and Lore Knights have..."

"Who?" asked one man in the crowd.

"Lore Knights, they... never mind. Anyway, It's all as Frostbite says. We're rushing around, whackin' moles an' puttin' fires out an' we just saved the King. Who's doing all this stuff? Eurotrash? Sure, but Eurotrash were always a bunch o losers."

"That's true." said the man with doubts. "The Vanguard kicked their..." his voice trailed off.

"They sure did. Again and again. Now they are back and causing more trouble than ever, the country is under attack. Stay in your homes, listen to the radio and tv, check the internet... wait. We got this... but we need your help. We can't kick their butts and keep you safe. They will hide behind you all, use you as shields, you'll be victims they can threaten to drag us away from our task of taking them down. We will always choose saving you over beatin' someones' teeth in cause that's our thing but... in order to stop them we need you to help us help you. Does that make sense?"

There was silence.

Then the doubting man nodded "Yeah. That makes sense. Everything you said makes sense. Not as much as the sense HE made..." he said with a nod to Frostbite "...but ... it makes sense. I'll do that. We can do that. Stay at home. Tell others the same."

The Police Sergeant relaxed. "I'm glad you sorted that out because I'm pretty sure our guns don't do anything against you people. I'd hate to be shooting the wrong guys too. OK, EVERYONE GO HOME. WE WILL PATROL THE STREETS TO PREVENT LOOTING AND MAINTAIN ORDER BUT RIGHT NOW THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS STAY AT HOME AND WATCH WHAT THE VANGUARD DO NEXT."

The Police Sergeant turned. "Good luck. Don't let us down."

Just then another cop ran in, pushing through the crowd of people. He gaped at Frostbite then breathlessly spoke up. "Sir! Supers attacking the bank!"

Battlebug crossed his arms and turned to Frostbite. "Boss? Do we need to make a point?"

Black Spider rolled her eyes. "Zet is EUROTRASH. So small minded. Zey hev ze target of taking over the country but can't help knocking off benks. Idiots!"

Her accent drew a few glances...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Dec 07 2022, 08:57

[quote="Admin"Battlebug crossed his arms and turned to Frostbite. "Boss? Do we need to make a point?"

Black Spider rolled her eyes. "Zet is EUROTRASH. So small minded. Zey hev ze target of taking over the country but can't help knocking off benks. Idiots!"

Her accent drew a few glances...[/quote]

Frostbite nodded, with a wave to the crowd and a nod of thanks, to the police, Frostbite said to the team. "If we don't look out for the people, then all the big stuff doesn't matter anyway. Lets go."

OOC: Phew...nice to know that sometimes we don't have to resort to fisticuffs. So the plan is we go in hard, and stop these guys, although our armoured friend is out of the running for now, I am hoping that this will not prove too difficult as we've got some big stuff to still take care of. I am also hoping that the lateness of the hour means the bank is empty. Certainly it seems these days banks close earlier and earlier ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15 2022, 09:05

OOC Indeed, with so many Banks closing it's easier for good guys to track down which one is being knocked off - probably the only one on the high street Sad

Frostbite took to the air with a wave to the crowd.

The People had seen they were not alone. Despite communications being patchy, the internet disrupted, mobile phone lines overloaded, TV either off the air or broadcasting "STAY IN YOUR HOMES, THERE IS A STATE OF EMERGENCY UNDERWAY. ALL CITIZENS ARE ORDERED TO STAY AT HOME. THE COUNTRY IS UNDER MARTIAL LAW. ANYONE ON THE STREETS WILL BE ARRESTED." on most channels there were still those willing to breach curfew, help themselves to the contents of shops and take advantage of the chaos!

Battlebug leapt alongside his leader for a few moments as his arc of jumping came up "Can we trust these guys boss?" he asked of Sorciere and Black Spider. "I mean, they ARE bad guys... but I dunno... maybe they think the people they work for are worse and..."

He shrugged, dropping from view and ran/jumped again to join Frostbite in the air. "I'll keep an eye on 'em, just in case..." he suggested with a shrug as he arced downwards again.

Sorciere carried Black Spider along with her, trailing after Frostbite and the youngster. Armour Man had been left behind at the Police Station with orders to stay put and make sure that Dawson of SMITE was contacted at the first opportunity. With the damaged armour and no power to move the limbs the armour was a dead weight. Even so, he was reluctant to strip it off, becoming 'just' an inventive scientist without the power of his armour!

The group didn't have to travel far - columns of smoke in the town centre directed them towards...

There were brightly costumed figures in the high street, helping themselves to the contents of certain shop windows... Jewellers for the most part. The large bank on the street poured smoke and several cars were alight. Thankfully most citizens were away - home hopefully - though some were helping themselves to clothing and TVs and staying away from the costumed types...

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Conductor
Classical style music could be heard from this fellow, though it sounded - and felt 'wrong' for some reason. The street seemed filled with the music and there was something... dark about it.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Elementals
This group tossed cars about, set things on fire, smashed, trashed and ice stuff up. Were they here to rob or...?

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Eurotrash-super-agents
Another kind of Eurotrash Super Agent no doubt. Equipped with power armour or enhanced by some serum or radiation perhaps that boosted their abilities to superhuman levels. Some acted as high powered goons, others adopted their own costumes and personas to try to 'make it big'. Most were losers in every sense of the word.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Stratos
Floating over the street and surveying what was going on, this man seemed to watch things. Perhaps orchestrating or a look out.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Superior
Another one, this one casual, who stood on an overturned car, seemingly waiting for something.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Target
This guy was taking pot shots at targets too far away to see. Occasionally a looting civilian would drop to the floor, crying out and clutching an arm or leg...

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Unleash

Yet another one stood in the street, waiting for something...

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Wild-joker

This guy comes out of the bank, dancing and cackling! Money flutters in his wake and he juggles a couple of bags of something. Glittering objects spill from the bags and more of the Eurotrash Super Agents spill from the bank, gathering objects up in his wake...

OOC Int 9 + 2d12+0 8,7+0 = 15 (24) vs
OV9 + 2d12+0 4,6+0 = 10 (19) +3
EV8 + 3 (EV11) vs RV9

2 RAPs reveal...

1) This seems to be an awful lot of capes and costumes to 'knock off a bank' despite the ruin they'd made of the high street with previously shuttered Jewellers, Pawn Shops and high value goods stores being opened up, trashed and looted.
2-3) Something feels 'off'. Frostbite has been doing this a while. He's been to the past, to space, battled all manner of enemies and been to other dimensions. This whole scene feels... wrong somehow.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Dec 19 2022, 15:24

Admin wrote:

2 RAPs reveal...

1) This seems to be an awful lot of capes and costumes to 'knock off a bank' despite the ruin they'd made of the high street with previously shuttered Jewellers, Pawn Shops and high value goods stores being opened up, trashed and looted.
2-3) Something feels 'off'. Frostbite has been doing this a while. He's been to the past, to space, battled all manner of enemies and been to other dimensions. This whole scene feels... wrong somehow.[/i][/color]

Frostbite knew that his evil twin wouldn't allow these capes to go and do their own thing. There was too much at stake and he'd need to keep a tight hold of them or else they'd do what they appear to be doing here. No something else must be happening, this looked like some sort of set up some way to trap them or trick them so as to stop them from building momentum. He knew that at some point they'd have to face one another and both knew that they'd want the odds tipped in their favour. Having these weaken them, or even distract them whilst other things were going down would be one way to do it.

What they needed was more information.

Turning to the others he spoke quickly as time was clearly of the essence here.

"I suspect this is a diversion or a trap, maybe both. These wouldn't be allowed to do this without a good reason. We need more information so unless you can disguise us or make us invisible I'll go in ghosted so that I can see if any of these are more likely to blab and tell us what is going on."

Frostbite nodded for the former Eurotrash allies to offer any intel they might have on the miscreants before seeking to disperse himself so as to slip through and get as close as he dared to hear or find out more.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 27 2022, 12:53

Sorciere and Black Spider glanced at each other. Though they had been - up until recently - members of Eurotrash it was (at best) a loose organisation where members would come and go.

Most of that was acrimonious. They couldn't work together in groups so putting strangers and sometimes enemies together in a group would work... how? Most of the time they'd spent arguing, falling out and in confrontation, often violent.

Egos would clash, tempers would soar and things would escalate before the whole thing broke down and everyone went their separate ways. Eurotrash only really worked when people paid in a percentage of their criminal takings and help would be supplied - to some degree or another - to get people out of jail on a legal technicality or medical grounds. There was no base of operations (a quiet pub somewhere would usually be happy for the business, but not having to clean up after the beer took hold) and everyone was wary of each other. SMITE or DICE amongst others would quite often plant agents to track their activities and suspicion was rampant, trust practically non existent.

Black Spider muttered "You may be right. For such as this - high profile with low value targets such as high street shops... makes no sense. Therefore it is bait. Bait for the UKChampions, local superhero groups and ... you." she said of Frostbite. "You have encountered Eurotrash several times as far as I know and each time have thwarted their plans. When many of the members don't get on with each other the chance, the possibility of getting revenge on the Vanguard is the glue that binds that ... that group of misfits together."

Sorciere nodded in confirmation. "Unless you want to tear up the street bringing that lot in I would suggest the easiest way of dealing with them is... leave them alone. They already look bored and have been waiting about for a while. Without cops to annoy them or - what we consider worse - DICE or SMITE agents turning up with exo skeletons and power zappers, the biggest problem they will have is each other. Some are worse than others. The worst don't care about money, they just like hitting things. The ones with a brain sneer at the others and wonder if they are better off alone."

"Like you do?" asked Black Spider.

"I still do." muttered Sorciere. "I turned to crime when my parents took ill and had to sell everything for medical expenses. It wasn't enough. They took everything from me and when my parents died, as penniless as I was in a minimal care nursing home, I vowed that the 'system' would feel my wrath somehow. Chance gave me my sorcerous abilities and ..."

"...and how has crime worked out for you?" she asked.

"Huh." muttered Sorciere. "I'm tagging along with the Eurotrash losers. Just like you Black Spider..."

Black Spider smiled. "Indeed. For those of us on the lower end of the power scale, going up against him..." she nodded at Frostbite "Or the boy would be disastrous. When Saladin and Frostbyte usurped Dr Diabolique for leader I thought things would be different. Better even. I could make enough to get out, start fresh, try to forget all that's gone on and hope I don't get my hands too dirty. Instead we are participating in a coup of the United Kingdom and my home country of France handed the keys to ADVENT without a fight."

"Germany is no better." muttered Black Spider. "They see the technology, the order, the 'better way' of ADVENT and don't ask 'what is the cost?'. You know they have 'gene therapy clinics' where people go for treatment and everyone says how great they are but I never met anyone who actually got treated. Or came back after treatment. They say it's not an instant fix but 'better than any care available to mankind' is on offer. I checked out a few things." she said. "They sign up for treatment and go to some place in the country, a retreat..."

"I've seen the videos. Country house, robot servants, exercise, good living. All free. No wonder people flock to it. A lifetime of poor health and someone dangles you golden carrot. Who wouldn't?" asked Sorciere.

"Why don't the Super Heroes of the world do that? Some can heal, they have powers." she asked. She turned to Frostbite and gave a 'well?' look.

Battlebug butted in. "Because someone somewhere will interpret it as us taking over, becoming 'overlords'. It's probably been tried and people cried foul. So here we are instead playing whack a mole with the nutjobs from Eurotrash. No offense intended to former members." he mumbled.

Black Spider sighed. "We can go round in circles and it would no different from what Eurotrash do. Far better to address the problem."

"There are supervillains running amok, doing what they want."

"They aren't really interested in money - they can take what they want right now anyway."

"They ARE interested in a public show of strength and if possible, a beat down of the 'heroes' of the United Kingdom, especially the high profile targets."

She turned to Frostbite "You may not be on the news every time you save a cat from a tree but you are the current media darling of the UK. Taking you out, publicly, would send a message."

Battlebug frowned behind his mask. "So... what? Leave them to trash the place? Boss?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Dec 29 2022, 15:40

Admin wrote:Black Spider sighed. "We can go round in circles and it would no different from what Eurotrash do. Far better to address the problem."

"There are supervillains running amok, doing what they want."

"They aren't really interested in money - they can take what they want right now anyway."

"They ARE interested in a public show of strength and if possible, a beat down of the 'heroes' of the United Kingdom, especially the high profile targets."

She turned to Frostbite "You may not be on the news every time you save a cat from a tree but you are the current media darling of the UK. Taking you out, publicly, would send a message."

Battlebug frowned behind his mask. "So... what? Leave them to trash the place? Boss?"  

Frostbite mulled over all he had heard. "We aren't elected officials, more tolerated due to the nature of our powers and willingness or otherwise to work with the law. But that is the extent of what we can do, until we can get a greater understanding between us and the rest of humanity. However, with the likelihood of ever worsening threats, from within or without, then I think its going to increasingly be that we will work with the elected authorities and that works both ways. I've already seen what has been happening to imprison supers and I don't like it. Change is coming, but before then we've got more urgent matters to attend to."

Turning to the matter at hand, Frostbite said with a weary sigh, "I hate to leave these thugs to the authorities, but if this is a trap and its not sprung then I suspect they'll be recalled. If its not a trap then they will just sap our resources and our limited time. I think we'd best move on, though it chaffs me to say it. The country not just this town. If we attack the fruit and not the root, we'll be overwhelmed before we can make any lasting difference."

With one last look at the direction of the villains, Frostbite took to the sky. But as he did, he brought the temperature down around the bank area. If he gave it one terrible localised icy blast, only the hardiest of the criminals there might consider it worth sticking around.

OOC:OK reluctantly lets get back on track. But I'll use my abilities to bring in some snow, ice and frost around the area of the villains and use my power reserve to make it worth while and not just a gesture, so it would impede or and even hasten their departure from the area without hopefully spilling over to the rest of the town where ordinary folk might be adversely affected.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 09 2023, 14:43

FROSTBITE, BATTLEBUG, SORCIERE and BLACK SPIDER

As Frostbite began to - subtlety - bring down the temperature and the others kept an eye out, he used his Thermal Vision to scan the scene and gauge his effectiveness.

There.

What? What was that? He squinted, looking at a box like a cool box sitting next to a car. Innocuous, if somewhat out of place. The heat given off within that 'cool box' was warm enough to register.

'Most likely a radioactive isotope. They know of Battlebugs weakness to radiation and see to exploit it. This is, indeed, a trap. Rather than continue your efforts I would suggest leaving now. To lose Battlebug as an asset far outweighs any benefit you may get from making the villains uncomfortably cold.' said Frostbot inside Frostbites' head!

Sure enough, some of the villains were smart enough to figure out something was wrong when the windows iced up.

Indeed, one went over to the 'cool box' and opened the lid. To Frostbites vision it was white out warm, and dangerous! Hard radiation like that... in a populated area?

"Boss?" whispered the youngster as they peered over the crest of the roof. "We should totally get down there and kick their butts! Between us these guys would have no chance! Even if they attacked with mental or mystical powers we'd be fast enough to..."

Frostbite pointed to his young friend at the cool box and the glow from it.

"What is...Is that...?" spluttered Battlebug. "Radiation? This IS a trap! They want us to go down! Heck, if they pick that thing up and..."

Sure enough, one of the flying villains, conversing with the others scooped up the cool box containing the radioactive rock and took to the air!

"Arggh! If that gets close..." spluttered Battlebug, hopping into a crouch from laying down.

"I need to skedaddle Boss!"

Black Spider hissed "Are we going to fight them or not? The choice may be taken away if we are seen!"

Sorciere muttered "We are outnumbered and I for one would not relish trying to explain why we are now on the side of Eurotrashs' sworn enemy!"

OOC Your call if you want to keep dropping the temperature or cut loose!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Jan 10 2023, 21:53

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE, BATTLEBUG, SORCIERE and BLACK SPIDER

Sorciere muttered "We are outnumbered and I for one would not relish trying to explain why we are now on the side of Eurotrashs' sworn enemy!"

OOC Your call if you want to keep dropping the temperature or cut loose!

Since it was likely that the villains where there to either distract or stop the heroes, Frostbite hoped that Eurotrash would be discourage and go.  But it gulled him to leave them to chance.  But the truth was they were dealing with the fruit not the root.  Motioning to the others Frostbite took to the air and lead the way, to rejoin the others and find out what their next step was going to be.  

OOC: I hate leaving these guys taking a chance they just leave and cause no more harm, but truth is this is a side quest and I need to follow the main objective. 

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 16 2023, 19:55

Battlebug turned away. For the youngster it was hard to turn away from Criminals and every fibre of his being screamed to leap down there, fighting, kicking and punching!

Instead he nodded, biting back a reply and followed Frostbite as he flew low and away from the scene.

Having ensured that the Power Station they visited would wait for word to turn the power back on - and stopping a group of Eurotrash supers and agents from installing a device that would allow THEM to control the power - on/off and worse than that. To set the power station to melt down!

Flying away from the crime scene and the town the Vanguard leader led his rag tag group - a fledgling powerhouse with the ability to level cities with a punch and a pair of Eurotrash Villains who had changed their tune. They'd need watching but it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility they were on the level - after all not all those with super powers using them for crime were murderous maniacs intent on ruling the world. Some just wanted to get by, or wanted to strike back at the system that had laid them low. Perhaps working with superheroes would set them on the path to redemption, who knew?

He considered his options...

OOC
1) Salford, the BBC. The head of this snake will be making a nationwide broadcast to 'bring the country under martial law and instil a new government'. With just the four of you though - do you think you could take on Frostbyte and Saladin plus whoever they have in tow?

2) The villain safe house in London, one of several. Make no mistake - that will be a straight up scrap but you'll take out a chunk of the players from Eurotrashs' board of play. If you can.

3) Find Dawson and the other heads of SMITE/SPRITE/DICE and coordinate with them. They have the training and the equipment to take on villains up to a certain power level and certainly the means to incarcerate those taken down, removing them from the field of battle.

4) Find the scattered UKChampions as they whack a mole against villains and criminals all over the country. Without communications they will be limited, ineffective. Formed together, they are a formidable army of super heroes!

5) Adjutant. Injured, he's still one of the most powerful superheroes in the world! That said Frostbite isn't far behind him and Battlebug, in a straight up fist fight, can take down anyone! If he gets chance... Saladin has already proven too fast for him, taking him out in heartbeats before he can even summon up that otherworldly power that makes him invincible!

With the power out any message sent by Eurotrash would hardly reach the full populace. In addition Eurotrash would spend time and resources checking out what had happened at the power station at some point. The other power stations needed checking out but Frostbite ran the risk of running into more Eurotrash groups. Heck, it wasn't even a risk, it was a certainty! He and his rag tag group might be able to take down more bad guys and eventually the head guys - the most powerful including Frostbyte and Saladin themselves, would have to intervene...

OOC You can visit another power station or check out one of the other options above...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jan 19 2023, 16:19

Admin wrote:4) Find the scattered UKChampions as they whack a mole against villains and criminals all over the country. Without communications they will be limited, ineffective. Formed together, they are a formidable army of super heroes!

OOC You can visit another power station or check out one of the other options above...

Frostbite considered his options, only by gathering a sufficient force to stop his enemies, and at the same time linking up with Dice, Dawson and Smite et el, could he hope to gather the firepower needed to tackling this crisis. They had to get out in front of this, if they could take the root they could take all down. It was all about winning the war, not individual skirmishes, and if along the way they could bring in Adjutant, or any other allies, so much the better.

With a battle plan in mind, the next step was to locate, gather and review their options to stopping this chaos before it caused more loss of life and or Advent to swoop in whilst Britain lay divided ripe for conquest.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 31 2023, 22:13

"London Boss?" replied Battlebug to Frostbite as the Vanguardian weighed up the options. The youngster shrugged and nodded "Yup, sounds good."

It still grated to leave those villains there in the street so brazen but it was a clear and obvious trap that they'd hoped to lure Frostbite and Battlebug into.

The hero looked at Sorciere and Black Spider. Two former villains now working with him. Could he use that to his advantage? Did Eurotrash know yet that they had 'turned'?

He took off, expecting the others to keep up. Battlebug extended his leaps and appeared to be flying until his course sloped downwards. The other two flew by means of Sorcieres' magic. Magic that might well be very useful on the moon and hopefully to rescue Reflex, Steph. He grimaced as he realised she'd been forgotten about during all this, but it couldn't be helped. Unless the country could be restored to order and law then Reflexs' fate would be a moot point unfortunately.

=========

The innocuous looking building appeared to be a standard mirror glass tower block in the centre of the London financial district.

Frostbot had gleaned the location by scanning the SMITE frequencies and though they were scrambled to the nth degree, proved no obstacle to the sentient computer program. 'The transmissions bounce around but the trail leads here. I must admit the ghost trails took time to track down and determine their legitimacy. 0.2 seconds, practically an eternity to a computer mind like my own. Impressive work by SMITE. I suspect Wandafar will have had a hand in the creation of such a network. It would be advisable to not inform him that we have unscrambled the code frequency otherwise he will build a new network to make it impenetrable even to me.' explained the Computer Program.

Phasing through the glass revealed... empty offices. Well, empty of people but there was a facade about the place suggesting it was normally a busy insurance centre and buzzing with people.

'The inner wall.' suggested Frostbot. 'Unusual'

It looked like more desks and terminals. Frostbite shrugged and walked forward across the open plan office and 'thud'.

He stopped, putting a hand out. 'A holographic projector' suggested Frostbot. 'Sophisticated enough to show people working in the office to such a degree that they would appear to be real. With London evacuated the illusion is in keeping with the rest of the situation.'

He'd left the others outside on a rooftop several streets away with Battlebug watching. No use telling the Eurotrash refugees where SMITE had their secret HQ in case they weren't legit.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" shouted a modulated voice!

Frostbite spun, instantly phasing and floating above the floor, ready for anything.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Power-suit

Two large armoured figures stood amidst the desks and terminals - which were really holograms - and levelled weapons at him.

"We know who you are appearing to be - but there is another person out there just like you and dopplegangers, who knows what out there. Identify yourself, how you know where this place is and your intentions!" stated one of the power suit wearers...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 02 2023, 08:26

Admin wrote:"We know who you are appearing to be - but there is another person out there just like you and dopplegangers, who knows what out there. Identify yourself, how you know where this place is and your intentions!" stated one of the power suit wearers...

Frostbite nodded, "At ease soldier, I am Frostbite working with Dice and Smite, and Major Dawson to stop my counterpart from another earth. We've just stopped them at a nuclear power plant after rescuing the prime minister and royal family. We're here to unit with government forces and anyone else from the UK Champions to face my counterpart and his murderous muscle Saladin, before they succeed in giving this nation over to Advent. Now what proof do you require of me, since I am not exactly a card carrying official."

Frostbite waited for the response mindful that he did have two Euro trash wanted members in tow and Battle Bug, who could never sit still for long. He hoped that whatever they required would similarly be expedited without delay.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 08 2023, 21:12

"You hit the nail on the head right there mister!" said one of the Armoured figures.

"We know there are two of you out there and aside from slight differences you are the same person! Dawson confirmed all of that before he vanished - we think he was snatched by Agents of Eurotrash but he left a message." said the trooper.

The other looked ready to shoot and Battlebug was tensed, ready to pounce.

The other two were wary, aware that they faced what had been up until a short time ago, the 'enemy'.

"He told you his brothers name once. Dawson is top level secret. He told us the brothers name but assured us it wasn't on any file anywhere. If you turned up we were to ask you... and start shooting if you get it wrong!"

OOC You'd be forgiven for not remembering Dawsons' brother name. It was mentioned one and only time in our campaign way back in August 2020... Frostbite would remember though because in comic book land real life time is only weeks or months!

CHECK OUT HERE
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 15 2023, 08:50

Admin wrote:"You hit the nail on the head right there mister!" said one of the Armoured figures.

"We know there are two of you out there and aside from slight differences you are the same person! Dawson confirmed all of that before he vanished - we think he was snatched by Agents of Eurotrash but he left a message." said the trooper.

The other looked ready to shoot and Battlebug was tensed, ready to pounce.

The other two were wary, aware that they faced what had been up until a short time ago, the 'enemy'.

"He told you his brothers name once. Dawson is top level secret. He told us the brothers name but assured us it wasn't on any file anywhere. If you turned up we were to ask you... and start shooting if you get it wrong!"

OOC You'd be forgiven for not remembering Dawsons' brother name. It was mentioned one and only time in our campaign way back in August 2020... Frostbite would remember though because in comic book land real life time is only weeks or months!

CHECK OUT HERE

Although Frostbite recalled the meeting and the discussion, the details were still sketchy. His thoughts at that time were so muddled on account of his grief over Battle Bug, and his demise at the time. But once again, Frostbot, detached from such thoughts and feelings, gave him the answer.

Leaning forward Frostbite said, "Owen. His brother is Owen."

And then lent back, reassured that he'd got the right name and that they at least would be on terms that would help them start to coordinate their efforts together as allies rather than enemies. And right now they were all sorely in need of allies.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 16 2023, 20:13

The Agents looked at each other and one nodded.

The other turned and both lowered weapons. "Alright. You're who you say you are. I'm Jacobs, this is Fenwick. We are some of the new armoured agents SMITE was training as a strike squad to take down rogue supers. Dawson was against it but he got overruled. Turns out he's a big fan of yours and reckoned given time he could have you on speed dial assuming that the top brass could be convinced not to mess things up."

"Like his father and his brother, Dawson is a bit of straight lace, down the line, good and evil type guy. Old fashioned really. He said in every report he thought you were the same and that the UKChampions needed a closer eye on them. The Vanguard? Could do no wrong in Dawsons' book and he was always glad you stayed out of the media spotlight. When you did start to make the front pages and the news hour on BBC and Sky he was disappointed, said he didn't want you guys ruined like the UKChampions."

The agent sighed. "We failed him. A few hours ago he said he was checking out a lead but for us to keep watch, a low profile, and pick off any Eurotrash that were operating in few numbers. His communicator went dead and we headed to Battersea Power Station."

OOC in our reality the site was sealed off and abandoned but preserved as a listed building. These days I believe its flats and shops/malls...

Jacobs shook his head. "We found nothing. We looked about, scoured the place, there was no sign. So we headed back to our safe houses and kept watching, hoping he'd turn up. Dawson was more of a politician than his old man, who was a soldier. He smoothed out the wrinkles, kept things from getting too heated in the Supers debate. Remember that debacle when capes were outlawed?"

OOC Way back when we started the game in October 2009 for a year or two... But that was a different reality from the one Frostbite now inhabits...

"The suits wanted ALL supers banned unless they worked for the Government. Major Dawson, the father, threatened to quit DICE and the Government formed SMITE as a result. Commander Dawson, the son you know, knew he had to give a little whereas his Father was unbending. He's juggled the budgets, political landscape, media, various supers groups and other organisations to this point, now we're at a critical stage. Without Dawson leading SMITE we think the Government will ask ADVENT to help against EUROTRASH and discredit the UKChampions forever! Dawson was trying to promote the VANGUARD to 'Britains Premier Superhuman Guardians' status with us as back up to you!"

"We're running out of time! Unless Dawson can be found the Government will cave and declare Martial Law with ADVENT calling the shots, and Dawson said he thought that was Frostbyte and Saladins plan all along, that the Eurotrash lot have been played as puppets and ADVENT installed as the new regime was the ultimate goal!"

The two former Eurotrash agents looked at each other. Black Spider cursed in German. Sorciere shook her head, muttering "The official line, confirmed, from the horses mouth. Some of us suspected we were simply being used as fodder in some grand plan, and even the authorities suspect that! Most of the Eurotrash members are too stupid to realise!"

Jacobs turned to view the ladies. "Are these two new members of the Vanguard Frostbite?" he asked and added "We need your help to find Dawson and get him to convince the Government to hold out for longer otherwise..."

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Advent-eclamation he exclaimed!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Feb 22 2023, 19:56

Admin wrote:The Agents looked at each other and one nodded.

Jacobs turned to view the ladies. "Are these two new members of the Vanguard Frostbite?" he asked and added "We need your help to find Dawson and get him to convince the Government to hold out for longer otherwise..."

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Advent-eclamation he exclaimed!

Advent must not be given a free hand to walk in under the pretence of aided Britain, not at least on Frostbite's watch. And it seemed that the former members of Eurotrash that now accompanied him, also realised what their net worth was in this whole tangled web.

"Advent must not be given a chance to set one foot on God's green earth, not if I have anything to say about it. I understand the politicians needing a win, and needing it urgently. But surely their intelligence can see or in the absence of seeing surmise that what is going on in Europe is what they are wanting to be told, nothing more than a sophisticated smoke and mirrors. But if Dawson is the way to get the government to back down then its Dawson we need to rescue. Its altogether possible that our enemies know this and that is why he has gone missing."

It didn't need to be said that Dawson had to be retrieved at all costs. Without Justin St John's acting as the voice of reason, the reasonable had taken the wrong time to be absent at the wheel.

The problem was, what could Frostbite find even if he went to Battersea that the trained operatives couldn't, not unless this was some way to trap him and find a way to capture him with Dawson as the bait

Turning to the others, Frostbite then addressed the assembled officials, "You've got to stall for time, tell them how we rescued both the PM and his Cabinet and the Royal Family, and we will yet pull this together. Meanwhile I need all the intel you have on Dawson's last known whereabouts and any forensics you gleaned at the site. Its a long shot, but unless anyone else has any bright ideas that is where we must start. Agreed?"

Frostbite waited for the others to chime in or offer suggestions, whilst he also took any comments from his onboard sentient AI. Frostbot always thought out side of the normal box, his abilities far outstripping Frostbites own, to make it possible for them to exceed the intelligence the Government and Dice could muster. But even he had limits, raw intel was what they needed, that and a really good lead. But still it gnawed at him, that the government had taken fright so easily, something that Frostbyte had clearly factored in with his hit and run tactics and taking to the air waves. They needed a strategic win and they needed it soon.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 23 2023, 16:22

FROSTBITE and THE VANGUARD

The two SMITE armoured operatives seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. One spoke up "Dawson always said you could be relied on when the UKChampions were off promoting their new book or reality TV show! We'll get the word that we need time and that Dawson has something the powers that be need to see. The PM is a fan of yours and put the word out that the UKChampions could do with your 'steadying hand' at the helm but he will be facing pressure at all sides to act."

The other agent added "Yeah, the longer this chaos goes on, the greater the chance that ADVENT will just steam in and 'save us' all without being asked and set their propaganda machine into motion!"

"Zet is what happened to my homeland." said Black Spider. "The people could see only the fast, easy solution and any dissenters were invited to private quorums to quell their concerns."

"Let me guess." said Battlebug. "Never seen again, right?"

The former villain crossed her arms and turned away before nodding. "Fools." she spat.

Sorciere added "France media was quickly overrun with ADVENT shills and mouthpieces. The news became a rolling 24 hour festival of how ADVENT had changed things for the better, getting things done in half the time and slashing waiting lists. Strange though, their gene clinics had people queuing up for treatment but I never heard of anyone being fully cured. Excuses, misdirection... anyone who got too loud or poked in the wrong place..."

"Never heard of again?" asked Battlebug.

Sorciere shrugged. "I may be a..." she looked at the SMITE agents "...lesser known operative." she said with a glance at Frostbite "but if I can help save this country from a fate possibly worse than death and in doing so, form a plan to rescue France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the other EU countries, I think it is a better goal than any previous that I had."

Black Spider glanced at Sorciere and turned to Frostbite. "If you'll have us, we'll help you ... IF you promise to find a way to help our home countries!"

"Times a wastin!" said Battlebug. "Between my senses, your super brain Frosty and these talented ladies I reckon we can find Dawson in no time!" he said, sniffing the air theatrically.

The Agents nodded "Right. Contact SMITE at any of the safehouses when Dawson is safe and we'll set up a meet with the PM and the Cabinet."

=========

Sorciere used a spell to transport herself and Black Spider through the dark skies of London as the group sped across the city.

For Battlebug and Frostbite it was a short easy hop or flight but they reined in to wait for the other two (who at mere 'hundreds' of mph still didn't take long).

As soon as the group came in sight of the old power station, they knew something was wrong!

Earmarked for redevelopment and housing/retail the place was still fenced off and locked in legal red tape as it had been for a while.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Battersea-Power-Station-And-Chel

However, even from this distance (almost a mile) the group could see flashes in and around the place, as if from laser fire or ... super beings attacking each other!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Feb 27 2023, 15:03

Admin wrote:FROSTBITE and THE VANGUARD

However, even from this distance (almost a mile) the group could see flashes in and around the place, as if from laser fire or ... super beings attacking each other!

"Well this doesn't look good..." Frostbite said wondering what ill wind had caused this clash to come together and indeed who was fighting who and why?

"We need to take a better look and hope they don't damage whatever evidence there might yet be to stop us tracking down Dawson. Lets get closer, but not give ourselves away."

Frostbite signalled for the others to follow him as he went higher, looking to get a view from above, so as to better assess the situation.

OOC: OK strictly recon here, but wanting to get a good idea of who is fighting whom and if we know any of them. Also I figure since the ladies formally associated with Eurotrash are onboard, I ought to have a squint at their powers and abilities to best know how to direct them.

Sorry for the slow posting, like you things have been a bit busy, but its not all work some is pleasure as well ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 27 2023, 21:25

OOC Black Spider is a German martial artist/acrobat with the ability to jump, stick to surfaces and deliver kicks which would put a dent in a battleship. She is superhuman, but on the lower scale.

Sorciere is a mid level mystic. A wide variety of magical abilities allows her to manipulate matter, move things about (mystical telekinesis) and blast eldritch energy but she's vulnerable to physical attack.

The group kept a low profile as they approached the abandoned power station.

When they got closer they stuck to the shadows though Frostbite was painfully aware of his blue glowing chestplate!

"Someone's fighting in there boss." said Battlebug. "See?"

He pointed to where bright flashes went off in one section of the building.

The group moved closer still.

Closing in on a window Frostbite and Battlebug peered in, Sorciere and Black Spider at another window.

Though it was pitch black the fight that was going on did indeed light up the area.

Four costumed figures and four armoured humanoids had surrounded a single person clad all in white and protected by what appeared to be a diminishing force field!

In the large open hall there was what looked like an archway made of a metal frame covered by coiled of wires and hooked up to several machines about the size of a transit van.

With every blast or punch against the field the figure in white winced, but seemed resolute still. Unfortunately being on the defensive so much meant he couldn't fight back easily and it seemed only a matter of time before...

Frostbite frowned. That was the White Warlock, the United Kingdoms foremost mystical master!

Black spider hissed "Those four are Eurotrash! There's Quake, Rage, Nullifier and Quantum Queen!"

Sorciere cringed. "Rage and Quake... they are animals! Most of Eurotrash don't like working with them, they are crazy and dangerous!"

Indeed, the building shook with dust billowing up with every strike and the concrete floor of the huge hall which had once been covered by machines was smashed up as if some great weight had been dropped on it repeatedly.

"Permission to beat up bad guys boss?" asked Battlebug, who seemed eager to get in on the fight. "Who are those others in the armour?" he asked the two former villains.

"Don't know." said Black Spider.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Black-armoured-robots

Seven feet tall, powerfully built and identical, the armoured figures fired constant energy beams at the forcefield of White Warlock, which combined with the powerful blows of Rage and Quake whilst Quantum Queen and Nullifier fired yellow and white energy beams at the Field.

White Warlock staggered, the field flickered and he cried out in pain. The field held... but for how long?

OOC At the moment I've been able to check in every day for a week! Rare indeed! David is on a hiatus and everyone else seems busy with real life stuff but hopefully I can keep up the checking in for the foreseeable. All about time management I guess but (fingers crossed) I seem to be managing!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Tue Feb 28 2023, 15:11

[quote="Admin"]Seven feet tall, powerfully built and identical, the armoured figures fired constant energy beams at the forcefield of White Warlock, which combined with the powerful blows of Rage and Quake whilst Quantum Queen and Nullifier fired yellow and white energy beams at the Field.

White Warlock staggered, the field flickered and he cried out in pain. The field held... but for how long?

OOC At the moment I've been able to check in every day for a week! Rare indeed! David is on a hiatus and everyone else seems busy with real life stuff but hopefully I can keep up the checking in for the foreseeable. All about time management I guess but (fingers crossed) I seem to be managing!

"Yes, indeed!" Frostbite said to his erstwhile friend, "But lets make the most of surprise. You take the robots, the rest of us will take what's left and try and protect the Warlock long enough to give us a hand."

Taking position so that they could all make best use of sweeping surprise, whilst their attention was focused on the Warlock, the others prepared to go to it. Frostbites last words, where to look out for traps or counter surprises. Though they may have chanced on something, then again their enemy had shown a desire to trap them before, this might not be any different.

OOC: OK going to blast at the two Quake and Rage with my energy blast, and put all in for devastating attack using all my available points. I don't want to miss the opportunity to lay these low if I can before things get nasty - as I am sure they will ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 28 2023, 22:26

Battlebug theatrically rolled his neck and popped his knuckles. "Robots? Bah! Oh well, you're the boss!" he cackled.

Sorciere and Black Spider glanced at one another. "Quake and Rage are powerful!" said Black Spider. "Don't underestimate them!"

Frostbite glanced at Battlebug who'd crept in through one of the open (glass long since shattered thanks to a vandals brick) and hopped up to the high ceiling in the huge long hall. It was the largest brick structure in Europe, measuring over 500' x 500' and 160' high!

The blasts echoed throughout the abandoned structure and the energy blasts lit up the reinforced concrete floor which wasn't strong enough it seemed.

Where one of the Villains - Quake, Frostbite presumed - had walked every footstep had a small crater and splintering cracks spiderwebbing from it suggesting the villain weighed a lot.

Rage, smaller than the 7' tall and nigh on as wide Quake, was a man in black leather biker gear with a half face mask. He looked like a throwback to the 70s... and then he wasn't there, instantly reappearing somewhere else as a blur.

A speedster. He wouldn't be easy to hit.

The one known as 'Nullifier' threw blast after blast at the force field of White Warlock and called out in French at the others.

The silent Armoured figures poured energy at the dome of protection around the beleaguered mage and seemed to act as one. As tall as Quake but not as wide, they appeared to be robots of some kind but if they were Advent, chances were there'd be some living element to them.

Floating twenty feet off the floor was a glowing energy figure that was difficult to focus on. She was human, albeit 'vague' with her energy form shimmering with rainbow colours and sparks coming off it. The air around her shimmered too, and Frostbot surmised 'That one emits energy, possibly a radiation of some kind'. She was Quantum Queen and... wait. Radiation? He glanced about. Where was Battlebug? He looked up in the darkness of the roof and switched to Thermal vision. There he was, clung to the ceiling. Hopefully he'd stay away from the energy woman...

Covering his chest plate with his hand, Frostbite moved into the rafters of the hall, glancing at Black Spider and Sorciere. The 'Sorceress' had chosen to stay at the open window and would cast a spell to attack from there. Black Spider had vanished from sight and by her own admission she was better close up and against slower opponents. Rage would be a bad match for her with his astonishing superhuman speed...

Satisfied they were in place Frostbite took aim...

OOC Power Reserve into Energy Blast, DEVASTATING ATTACK!

AV26 + Accuracy 4D + 6d12+0 5,6,1,8,4,11+0 = 19 (45) vs
Highest OV ... but wait!

2d12+0 1,7+0 = 8 +11 Danger Sense (19) vs
OV2 (greater threat) + 2d12+0 1,5+0 = 6 (Cool

Success +5

EV11 +5 (EV16) vs Rv2=14 RAPs. Rage's Danger Sense warns him about the danger and where it is coming from!

"ALARM!" shouted Rage as he blurred about! He pointed to the blue light shining, floating in the darkness of the roof!

Frostbite bit back a curse and adjusted his aim. No matter. They'd have to be faster than lightning to dodge this!

OOC Power Reserve into Energy Blast, DEVASTATING ATTACK!

AV26 + Accuracy 4D + 6d12+0 5,6,1,8,4,11+0 = 19 (45) vs

(Rage wins initiative (easily). Rage Adrenaline Surge 20 + 2d12+0 12,9+0 = 21 (41) vs OV14 + multi 2 + 2d12+0 2,11+0 = 13 (29) Success +5 (to EV25) vs RV14+2 (RV16)=9 RAPs. Dex and Str boosted by 9APs this round).

Highest OV 23 + Multi 2 + Dev Attack 8 + 2D Acro (3D M Artist) + 4d12+0 8,4,1,12+0 = 20 (53)

Frostbite misses! Not by much but his powerful blast smashes into the wall, floor, in a path... and missed the speedster who moves about like a blur!

"Sorry Boss!" shouted Battlebug as he dropped from the ceiling. "Mind if I have a crack at that guy?"

OOC Go for Broke +4/-6, Adren Surge 24 + 4D Accuracy + 6d12+0 5,4,7,7,12,7+0 = 14 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 5,8+0 = 27 (51) vs
OV8 + Multi 4 (on three) + Go for broke 4 + 2d12+0 10,4+0 = 14 (30)

Success +6

Adren Surge 24 +6 (EV30) vs RV8 + 4 Multi - GFB 6 (RV6)=24 RAPs

Dex boosted to 32, Str to 30, Power Reserve to 32 (16 split to Kinetic Absorption 20, Energy Absorption 21)

Dex 32 + 2D M Arts (2D Acro) + 4d12+0 4,5,9,8+0 = 17 (49) vs
OV23 + 2D Acro (3D M Arts) + 4d12+0 8,3,8,8+0 = 16 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 11,1+0 = 28 (51)

Battlebug Misses!

What follows is a blur!

Rage is in several places at once, and Battlebug follows him like a shadow with multiple swings per second! Many hundreds of missed blows later, Battlebug spins about "Huh! Darn! You're Fast!"

Rage skids to a halt, frowning, his face a mask of snarls. Then he launches himself at the youngster!

OOC AV23 + 3D M Arts + 5d12+0 3,10,7,11,1+0 = 21 (44) vs
OV32 + 2D Acro + 4d12+0 5,8,7,10+0 = 18 (50)

Rage misses!

Once again the pair blur and Battlebug appears to be in several places at once! Rage is frustrated as he swings thousands of times in the blink of an eye, making a hummingbirds wings seem glacial in terms of speed. It's not enough.

Battlebug seems to be somewhere else when every blow swings and he flips back with a somersault and a grin behind that full face mask. "Too slow. Now I know how fast you are... I can really turn up the juice!"

Sorciere fires at Nullifier, suspecting the villains ability to drain superhuman powers (amongst other abilities he has)...

OOC Magic Blast 12 + 2d12+0 2,9+0 = 11 (23) vs
OV8 + Range 4 + 2d12+0 1,3+0 = 4 (yeowch!) (16)

Success + 4

EV12+4 (EV16) vs RV10=6 RAPs

Nullifier is on Spirit 4/10

"Yearrrrgh!" screams the villain, bathed in eldritch light that clearly burns albeit not in the physical sense. The villain turns and green mystical smoke wisps off him.

Black Spider leaps from the darkness at the villain as he calls out to the others. "Al..." he starts...

OOC CRIT BLOW Black Spider Av13 + M Arts 3D (2D Acro) + 5d12+0 1,3,1,10,6+0 = 4 BURNOUT narrowly avoided (by 1!) instead 16 rolled (29) vs

OV9 + Crit Blow 4 + 2d12+0 8,10+0 - Blindside 2 = 18 (29)

Success +0

EV13 vs RV20 - 6 (Crit Blow) (RV14)= No Damage!

Despite landing a powerful blow Black Spider thuds against an invisible energy field!

The villains are all aware that their target (White Warlock) is no longer alone and turn their attention on the newcomers!

OOC Mixed first round. You and the Boy wonder both missed the speedster (not by much) and Sorciere struck a blow against the Nullifier. However, initiative might mean that this battle hangs in the balance! State your actions and initiative will determine the order of action and we'll see how it pans out!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Mar 02 2023, 08:00

Admin wrote:The villains are all aware that their target (White Warlock) is no longer alone and turn their attention on the newcomers!

OOC Mixed first round. You and the Boy wonder both missed the speedster (not by much) and Sorciere struck a blow against the Nullifier. However, initiative might mean that this battle hangs in the balance! State your actions and initiative will determine the order of action and we'll see how it pans out!

Seeing that the Speedster was a challenge even for Battle Bug, Frostbite turned his attention to the glowing form that could take him out of the running. Should Battle Bug fall, then it would follow so might they all. He couldn't take that chance. Their combined vulnerabilities made her now the best target at the top of his urgent "to do" list.

Re affixing his aim and taking into account what he could, he again let lose with his devastating energy attack, putting all he had into it. He had to hit, if this battle wasn't going to suddenly become one sided. But more than hitting he had to severely hamper in order to attempt to turn things around.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 02 2023, 22:29

OOC Noticed this too late to do a full post but I'll see what I can get done...

INITIATIVE

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Initiative

Hmm. At some point my ancient (2007) version of Excel lost support and as a result some functionality. It forgot all the 'recently opened files' and continues to forget them every time you open up again. Microsofts subtle way of getting you to pay for an upgrade...

Eyeballing that the old fashioned way has Rage, Black Spider, Battlebug, Sorciere, Advent#1, Frostbite then the rest so I'll resolve that and finish up the post tomorrow evening when I get home from work...

RAGE attacks BATTLEBUG

Adren Surge 20 + 2d12+0 10,2+0 = 12 (32) vs
OV14 + Multi 2 + 2d12+0 7,9+0 = 16 (32)

Success +0

EV20 vs RV14+2 (RV16)=4 RAPs

Dex and Str boosted by 4 APs

AV18 + 3D M Arts (2D Acro) + 5d12+0 6,5,5,2,6+0 = 12 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 4,1+0 = 17 (35) vs
OV16 + 4D Acro (0D M Arts) + 6d12+0 10,5,12,11,1,8+0 = 23 (39)

Missed!
LET BATTLE COMMENCE!

Once more Frostbite sees Rage vanish and appear next to Battlebug, swinging, punching, kicking, butting... and hitting air every time! The youngster is amazing, albeit far slower than he usually would be because he needed to summon his own energy up to 'boost' him as Rage did. That was the weakness he suffered against Saladin. His speed was on a different level and he could take out the youngster before he could even think about using his powers!

Black Spider changed tack. Her previous blow against Nullified had been, well, nullified. She really put some zing into her next kick!

OOC Black Spider goes for a devastating attack!

AV13 + (all dice on M Arts, 5D) 7d12+0 5,9,3,1,10,6,9+0 = 18 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 8,2+0 = 28 (41) vs
OV9 + 2d12+0 10,7+0 = 17 +8 DEV Att =34

Success +4

EV13 + 4 (EV17) vs RV20 - 12 DEV ATTACK (RV8)=9 RAPs

Nullifier is reduced to 1/10 Body!

"You silly wo-oooooof!" started the arrogant German until Black Spider connected with a kick so powerful he felt it through his force field and staggered backwards twenty feet!

Breathing heavy, he coughs and straightens albeit with a pained expression. "You vill pay for they, Fraulein!" he hisses.

"He's tottering! Someone finish him!" cried Black Spider.

"No problem ma'am!" said Battlebug, breathing a little hard from his acrobatic exertions but thankful the speedster hadn't connected!

OOC Adren Surge 24 + 4D Accuracy + Go For Broke +4/-6

AV24 + 6d12+0 9,1,7,8,7,6+0 = 14 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 11,3+0 = 28 (42) vs
OV8 + Multi on three +4 + GFB 4 + 2d12+0 2,7+0 = 9 (25)

Success + 6

EV24 +6 (EV30) vs RV8 + Multi 4 - GFB 6 (RV6)=24 RAPs

Battlebug boosts Dex and Str by 24 and Power Reserve by the same, split between Kinetic and Energy Absorption

Multi Attack on Rage and Nullifier

AV32 + 2d12+0 4,5+0 = 9 (41) vs
OV18 + 2D M Arts + Multi 2 + 4d12+0 8,9,2,12+0 = 21 (41)

Success, JUST!

EV30 vs RV20 + Multi 2 (RV22)=8 RAPs

Nullifier goes down! Rage is on 5/13 Body

With a punch that would crumple an aircraft carrier the youngster bounces past Nullifier, sticking out a fist that pings through the forcefield and drops the arrogant villain! Rage is a different prospect though and once more the youngster finds it almost impossible to lay a hand on him! The fact that Rage staggers and spits blood on the dusty concrete floor suggests that Battlebug did indeed land a blow...

"I don't believe this!" splutters the youngster. "I mean, normally I just punch and they cave! Who IS this guy?"

"I am your undoing boy!" hissses Rage! He seems to be enjoying this!

Sorciere turns, seeing her target taken out and takes aim at Rage, forming shapes with her hand and uttering incantations under her breath. An Eldritch beam lances out at the speedster...

OOC Crit Blow

Magic Blast 12 + 2d12+0 9,5+0 = 14 (26) vs
OV9 +4 Crit Blow + 2d12+0 4,12+0 = 16 (29)

Missed!

Even with magic the speedster is tough enough to avoid a potentially game ending blast on him!

He grins. "Once I have taken the boy out, you are next, Witch!" he snarls.

One of the Advent Enforcers fires beams of light from its eyes and tries to blind Frostbite!

OOC Flash 14 + 2d12+0 2,3+0 = 5 CATASTROPHIC BURNOUT!

Advent #1 has NO Flash power for the remainder of the fight!

Something goes wrong and the Robot goes dark. It still moves but the light beam winks out.

"Blown a fuse?" laughs Battlebug.

Frostbite swoops over and takes aim at Quantum Queen who looked up. "You! I know you! You are FROSTBITE, leader of the Vanguard! There is a bounty on you!"

OOC Power Reserve 10 into Energy Blast (up to 26)

AV26 + Accuracy 4D (0D Acro) + Dev Attack + 6d12+0 2,10,2,9,1,9+0 = 18 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 3,3+0 = 6 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0 2,9+0 = 35 (61) vs

OV25 + Dev Attack 8 + 4D Acro + 6d12+0 5,10,10,5,12,1+0 = 20 DOUBLE plus 2d12+0
8,4+0 = 32 (65)

Missed!

Faster than lightning the energy woman zips about as Frostbite 'follows' her, scything into the concrete and brick, lighting up the huge empty hall!

"Woah, woah, woah! Nice shootin' Tex!" laughs Battlebug, quoting a line from Ghostbusters...

The youngster isn't so glib when he realises that his Boss, Friend and Mentor has actually missed!

"What the... Who ARE these guys?" he splutters...

OOC Advent#2
Q Queen
Nullifier
Quake
Advent#3

Still to act! Dare I say... TO BE CONTINUED!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 03 2023, 21:40

OOC Picking up where I left off...

Advent #2 fires energy blast at Black Spider!

Av14 + 2d12+0 10,9+0 = 19 (33) vs
OV13 (no defence dice!) + 2d12+0 6,2+0 = 8 (21)

Success +5

EV14 +5 (EV19) vs RV8=11 RAPs

Black Spider goes DOWN and is dying! Body -3/8

"Watch out!" screams Sorciere! Black Spider spins and tries to leap aside but the blast from the robot catches her full on, throwing her limp form across the cavernous hall and thudding into the wall like a rag doll!

"No!" screams the French former villain!

Quantum Queen swoops about and takes aim at Frostbite!

OOC Critical Blow!

Av21 + 2d12+0 3,9+0 = 12 (33) vs
OV17 (Fluid Form) + Crit Blow 4 + 2d12+0 4,8+0 = 12 (33)

Success +0

EV21 vs RV16 - 6 Crit Blow (RV10)=11 RAPs

This will knock Frostbite out! He'll need to absorb at least 1 point of damage. You have 174HP so it's not much of an issue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Last-ditch

Frostbite is fast, agile, smart... but the blast which catches him is similar to being blasted by himself! There's nowhere to run as the beam catches him full on and he crashes to the ground with Frostbot squeaking 'Error! System failure! Reboot!'

"BOSS!" roars Battlebug as he's tussling with Rage.

"Hold dat runt still Rage!" roars Quake as he steps up and swings at the youngster with a fist nearly as big as his target! The concrete floor shatters with every super dense footstep!

OOC Av9 + 2d12+0 11,1+0 = 12 (21) vs
OV32 + 2d12+0 2,10+0 = 12 (44)

MISSED!

"In your dreams clown." snarls Battlebug.

The remaining Advent Enforcer blasts at Sorciere!

OOC CRIT BLOW!

AV14 + 2d12+0 7,10+0 = 17 (31) vs
OV8 + 2D Acro + Crit Blow 4 + 4d12+0 12,4,1,5+0 = 29

Success +2

EV14 +2 (EV16) vs RV16 - 6 Crit Blow (RV10)=6 RAPs

Sorciere goes DOWN! She is on Body 0/6

"The Sacred shield of Saint Agn... Arrrgh!" screams the Sorceress as the energy blast punches through her magical shield and crashes her to the floor, unconscious!

"We ain't fergot bout you!" snarled Quake with a look at White Warlock. The UKs foremost mage looks battered, singed, dazed, exhausted... he was on his knees with trembling hands held out to form the protective field around him which is wavering...

All of a sudden Frostbites team was down to two, he himself was STUNNED (OOC assuming you absorb at least one point of damage) and White Warlock was on his last legs!

OOC Initiative for round 2

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #13 "Heavy is the head that wears the crown..." - Page 5 Round-2

Frostbite is STUNNED this round and cannot perform a dice action (attack, in other words). You can move, use powers which don't attack (like defensive powers) and form things like ice production to form ice domes and the like. His most defensive ability is to boost Fluid Form by his power reserve and boost his defence up to near invulnerable levels.

I'll update when you decide how much damage you want to absorb and action...

Ignore Nullifier. He's down and out too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next