The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

3 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." - Page 10 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Feb 07 2022, 13:15

Admin wrote:OOC Getting ready for work now but ...

Incorporating the 'work around' to his weakness into the character (so it can't be taken away or destroyed) is kind of... not cheating but gaming the system so to speak. The way to do it properly would be to pay back the points gained from the weakness and that would cost a LOT. About 1025HP. He also starts to die within the presence of a naked flame so try to avoid those candlelit dinners!

In other words he's kinda stuck with the fire vulnerability, like Martian Manhunter (though various retcons and reboots probably mean he basks in flames and is strengthened by them these days, who knows...)

Doesn't have to be a suit. A ring, belt buckle whatever.

More later. I'll try to cook up some inbuilt solutions. Maybe the ability to teleport away from fire or contain fire with a low APs (it would be 2APs) of power in some way. The easiest, cheapest, 'cleanest' way without gaming the system is a gadget.

OOC: And the costume as gadget is fine with me ;-)

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." - Page 10 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

Post  Admin Thu Feb 10 2022, 09:19

OOC As well as the costume some other options for Frostbite:

1) Add Influence to Power Reserve. This means Frostbite would be more persuasive (very handy for a leader!) and be able to better avoid mystical attacks. He's had so many run ins with magic over the years it's not beyond the realms of probability that he could call on his inner reserve to boost his resistance in an area which he is well equipped to resist but not as his main focus. 9 Influence and Spirit are already very high but in terms of magic resistance about middling. Cost 50HP. Effect: Allows you to assign some/all of your power reserve to Influence to raise it, handy for persuasion of UKChampions and avoiding magic blasts!

2) Add Flight to power reserve. At 12APs (current level) he flies at around Mach 3. At 22APs he'd be (easily) capable of escape velocity and a top speed of around 4,000,000 mph give or take. It would take hours to get to the sun but that's not his favourite place anyway... Cost: 50HP. Effect: Allows you to assign some/all of your 10 point power reserve to flight to boost your speed.

3) Boost Power Reserve to 11. Costs 150HP. Adds more of those variable points you can assign to an ever increasing pool of abilities.

4) Save a pile of HP. Something tells me you'll need it in the next adventure... (no surprise there!)

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Feb 10 2022, 17:59

Admin wrote:OOC As well as the costume some other options for Frostbite:

1) Add Influence to Power Reserve. This means Frostbite would be more persuasive (very handy for a leader!) and be able to better avoid mystical attacks. He's had so many run ins with magic over the years it's not beyond the realms of probability that he could call on his inner reserve to boost his resistance in an area which he is well equipped to resist but not as his main focus. 9 Influence and Spirit are already very high but in terms of magic resistance about middling. Cost 50HP. Effect: Allows you to assign some/all of your power reserve to Influence to raise it, handy for persuasion of UKChampions and avoiding magic blasts!

2) Add Flight to power reserve. At 12APs (current level) he flies at around Mach 3. At 22APs he'd be (easily) capable of escape velocity and a top speed of around 4,000,000 mph give or take. It would take hours to get to the sun but that's not his favourite place anyway... Cost: 50HP. Effect: Allows you to assign some/all of your 10 point power reserve to flight to boost your speed.

3) Boost Power Reserve to 11. Costs 150HP. Adds more of those variable points you can assign to an ever increasing pool of abilities.

4) Save a pile of HP. Something tells me you'll need it in the next adventure... (no surprise there!)

Hmm, I like the idea of the influence to power reserve, especially as I may have to take an increasingly upfront roll. That would seem good and also because of the influence of magic, around which I have increasingly been. So with the suit that makes 159 from 333 I think I will hold off on flight and the upgrade to power reserve for now. I'm good with those, thanks mate.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 11 2022, 21:33

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." - Page 10 FROSTBITE-FEB-22-pg-1-and-2

OOC Hope this comes up on the screen ok. Might be too big. Will have to jig about a bit...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Feb 12 2022, 09:49

HI, Paul got it fine, looks good. Just off out all day, busy tomorrow to, but will get to reply to the latest threads at some point.

Thanks

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 16 2022, 00:08

OOC Looks like I messed up the costing of Frostbites' anti fire thingy. It's down as 'removable' which means it can be grabbed by someone in combat and taken away (assuming they find it of value). I think it best to make it the belt buckle and he can use it to change appearance (Chameleon) or clothes with a tap. The alternative is to take the 'removable' option away and double the cost. Gulp.

Done the same for Battlebug (a belt buckle that, with a tap, causes a costume to flow out and across his form and provides some protection against radiation).

REMAINING HP:

FROSTBITE 174HP

BATTLEBUG 41HP
Admin
Admin
Admin

Steeple_jackuk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10