The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

3 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." - Page 5 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Jun 23 2021, 20:46

Admin wrote:So, without wanting to get too crunchy, decide how many APs you will use as damage (be it for blast - which is your most accurate attack or punch) and whether you will pull your punch (recommended). Also whether you are critical blow or devastating attack and target one opponent or all three.[/i][/color]

Frostbite briefed Battle Bug adding, "This is going to be tough as we don't want them raising an alarm and we don't want to break stuff. We need this evidence, or it's our word against them and I know who they'll believe. Clear!"

With a nod, the two burst in on the Eurotrash guards and Frostbite raised his arms to fire, but not before first releasing Frostbot into the computer system with barely a touch and a spark flew out and into the sophisticated equipment.

OOC: So going for all three if I can get all three, Devastating attack, but pulling my punches so I can root them to the spot rather than have them fly through a wall. SO whatever AP's I need to do that is good with me. Same with BB, have him give em a love tap, once he gets to hit. If he goes before me, then I'll coordinate with him and go for whoever is left depending on who gets to hit first.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." - Page 5 Empty Re: The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes."

Post  Admin Thu Jun 24 2021, 21:59

Moving through the door whilst Battlebug moves through the door, the Vanguard enter the crowded security control room!

"Who the hell are..."

"Ey that's..."

"FROSTBITE and the kid! Wassisname! Flea or Gnat or sommat!"

"get em!"

The heroes don't bother answering - Frostbite thrusts a hand out and a blue spark leaps from his finger into the security console, his chestplate going dim!

OOC initiative, though mostly to see who between you two goes first...

Roll(2d12)+0:
2 Frostbite,
12 Battlebug

BBug adren surge 24 + 4D accuracy + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,3,11,2,8,7,+0 Total:19 (43) vs
Highest OV8 + multi 4 + go for broke 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,5,+0 Total:12 (28) +5 (to 29) vs RV8 + Multi 4 - GFB 6 (RV6)=23 RAPs.
Dex 31 (32) Str 29 (30) Pow Res 31 (+1 to Dex and Str)

Multi on 3 Crit Blow Pulling Punch GRAPPLE using 15AP str Dex 32 + 4D M Arts (0D Acrobatics) + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,2,10,3,2,12,+0 Total:22 (54) vs
Highest OV9 + Multi 4 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,2,+0 Total:8 (25) +8 (to 23, using 15APs str) vs Highest OV10 +multi 4 + pull punch 2 - crit blow 6 (RV10)=13 RAPs. All three are knocked out, no knockback!

The youngster is a blur even as Frostbite turns and narrows his eyes to take care with his targeting! Battlebug leaps across the room, grabs one agent, spins him about to smash head first into another then somersaults over the pair of them to land on the third agents shoulders and slam a fist down in his face! All four go down in a heap and the youngster hops up, dusting his hands whilst looking about. "All good?"

Frostbite powers down and shakes his head. The youngsters natural enthusiasm and drive allied to his awesome power meant the older man had his hands full at times but when they worked together, it was always well.

They turned to the consoles and lines of words came up on a screen with instructions. A few minutes later, a cupboard opened and a hard drive was removed. It was one of several backups in the system and wouldn't be missed but it did contain a copy of the footage from the last 48 hours, enough to implicate the two UKChampions up in the study!

"So, back up there to punch some heads or get this someplace safe first boss?" asked the youngster as Frostbite called Frostbot back into his body, his chest dome lighting up again.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jun 25 2021, 19:59

Admin wrote:"So, back up there to punch some heads or get this someplace safe first boss?" asked the youngster as Frostbite called Frostbot back into his body, his chest dome lighting up again.

Frostbite nodded, but not before making sure that he had stowed the incriminating evidence in a place where it could be retrieved safely later. Checking with Frostbot, he found out where the sensitive data was stored. Wanting to make sure this was a fireproof safe which would likely be the best place to keep the hard drive for safe retrieval even if the building fell down around their ears.

With that sorted, Frostbite indicated that they could now go get the hostages to safety then tackle Stone Lord and Eurotrash.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 26 2021, 15:41

Frostbite and Battlebug moved through the basement level of the house and the Vanguard leader picked a corner to wrap up (in loose sheets for protection) the hard drive and stash it.

It would be safe here unless the house collapsed, and even then the structure of the place suggested it would be fine in a corner.

From there the two heroes moved through the house back to the floor with the hostages on. There'd been armed guards in there and stray bullets could hit any of the hapless staff who'd presumably turned up to work for Stone Lord as they might any other day and maybe - probably - didn't know of his dual identity!

Battlebug rolled his neck. "These guys have some kind of super serum or something in them. They have a strange scent, like ... burning." he said, nose wrinkling under his full face mask. "Without the science to confirm it, I would say that whatever gives them super strength and reflexes is killing them. Maybe they know it, maybe they don't but it seems the stuff they took is taking years of their life and channelling that energy into super powers, I guess. They just... smell wrong."

Frostbite hadn't 'smelt' anything off but then the youngster probably had the most acute sense of smell on the planet!

'Attention' said Frostbot inside Frostbite's head 'The cameras indicate there is a patrol coming down the corridor to this location and they will be hear shortly. Three people, armed, dressed head to toe in black...'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jun 26 2021, 17:36

Admin wrote:'Attention' said Frostbot inside Frostbite's head 'The cameras indicate there is a patrol coming down the corridor to this location and they will be hear shortly. Three people, armed, dressed head to toe in black...'

Frostbite indicated what Frostbot had said, and he indicated to Battle Bug what was afoot, "Let's do this quietly, we don't want to lose the element of surprise, once the hostages are safe, I'm less worried about Stone Lord and his cronies, but I want the staff out safely."

Frostbite explained his plan....

OOC: OK it's shadowy down here I will de-ice down, and draw the guards after us to a place where we can take them out with the least amount of suspicion being raised. So I will pose as a member of staff that has perhaps been missed, and either draw them to BB, or let them crowd in on me, and let BB take them from behind whilst their attention is on me.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jun 26 2021, 21:03

Frostbite changed into Joe Rigdon and moved down the corridor and around a corner.

Battlebug hopped onto the ceiling and pressed himself flat, waiting.

OOC BBug Stealth check AV16 + 3D Thief + Roll(5d12)+0: 11,6,1,12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
6,4,+0 Total:34 (50) vs
AV4 + team attack 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,7,+0 Total:16 (24)

The trio of guards turn a corner... and see Frostbite!

"Who are you!"

"Hands up!"

"Must be one of the staff."

"How'd he get out?"

"Who cares?"

The three guards look at each other, eyes widening in their ski masks. Then they turn to where Battlebug is stood. "What?" the youngster asks then BOP! BOP! BOP!

OOC Adren Surge 24 + 4D Accuracy + Roll(6d12)+0: 7,3,7,1,12,12,+0 Total:24 DOUBLE (again!) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:37 (61) vs
Highest OV 8 + Multi 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,3,+0 Total:10 (22) +9 (to 33) vs Highest RV8 + multi 4 (RV12)=21 RAPs
Dex 29 Str 27 Pow Res 29

AV29 + 4D M Arts (0D Acro) + Roll(6d12)+0: 5,8,6,7,10,2,+0 Total:18 (47) vs
OV9 - Surprise 4 + Multi 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:11 (20) +7 (to 34 using 24) vs RV10 + pull Punch 2 (RV12)=12 RAPs. All three are down and out!

SMECK!

With a hand grabbing a load of shirt Battlebug took each in turn and lowered them to the floor before the first one landed. Peeling masks off revealed... standard shaven head thugs. "They'll be out for a while." said BBug. "Let's go."

Frostbite transformed back into his heroic form and the pair of them were stood outside the door again.

Battlebug whispered "If any of the goons in there get a shot off those clowns with StoneLord will know we're here and we'll have a fight. Truth be told all this sneakin around is fun but not as satisfying as punching bad guys faces in."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jun 26 2021, 21:53

Admin wrote:Battlebug whispered "If any of the goons in there get a shot off those clowns with StoneLord will know we're here and we'll have a fight. Truth be told all this sneakin around is fun but not as satisfying as punching bad guys faces in."

Frostbite nodded, BB was right. But that gave him an idea. "What if we borrow a costume to come to the ball!"

Frostbite explained that with three downed thugs, they had three uniforms to chose from and guns with which they could get close to the gun man guarding the hostages and hopefully take them down before they could get a shot off.

They would have to act quickly. Frostbite outlined his idea of a plan.

OOC:
OK so if we stripe the thugs, take their guns and ski masks, head back to where the hostages are being kept and tell the other guards, that some supers jumped them, that they managed to get away to raise the alarm but not before they got one of the others. They lead them here because they could use the hostages as leverage and the others could take care of them. At which point we'd go to try and 'cover the hostages' all the while moving to get between the thugs and the people they are guarding and then we could go on the offensive when they least expect it. Of course, there is a lot that can go wrong, but if Frostbot has been listening in on any conversation hopefully he can supply me names or designations that I can use to sound like we are the real thing. All we need to do is get between the guards and the hostages, if bullets are aimed at us, I'll put up an ice wall to protect the hostages, and BB can pop some jaws. But I hope we can take them before Stonelord and the others get wind. If they do, whilst we are still in Eurotrash uniforms we can still pretend and maybe see if we can exploit the situation in our favour. But first things first, lets see if we can bluff our way into the others first.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 28 2021, 20:29

"Itches." said Battlebug, his own costume stashed in a safe place and he adjusted the ski mask so he could see through the eye holes.

Dressed as Eurotrash Super Agents the pair made their way back down the corridor to where the hostages were held.

Three twitchy trigger fingers turned as they entered but relaxed somewhat on seeing them. The staff, tied with cord and gagged, looked hopeful for the briefest of moments before sagging.

Frostbite noted a very pale looking still form of a waiter/staff member was keeled over and lying very still on the floor.

"Where's the other? Boss said move in threes." said one Eurotrash agent with an accented voice.

"Yeah, you heard the orders." said another as he made his way to the window and looked outside. "Seems quiet enough though."

Battlebug casually moved aside to a window and looked outside but Frostbite knew the youngster was itching to explode into action! The problem was one of his punches, or Frostbite's own blasts might give out a shockwave or go astray enough that the hostages would be hurt, or this place damaged enough to bring the roof down or a wall caving in or even the floor to collapse! The situation was balanced on a Knife edge!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Jun 28 2021, 21:19

Admin wrote:Battlebug casually moved aside to a window and looked outside but Frostbite knew the youngster was itching to explode into action! The problem was one of his punches, or Frostbite's own blasts might give out a shockwave or go astray enough that the hostages would be hurt, or this place damaged enough to bring the roof down or a wall caving in or even the floor to collapse! The situation was balanced on a Knife edge!

Frostbite acted all shaken up, and stunned, hoping the mask would disguise his voice sufficiently so that they wouldn't take notice of his poor accent. "We hit trouble, we got away just...but don't know who they are, but some kid with a big mouth and a cold one...almost took us out, got back here. Figured if they come through here then we can get 'em to surrender or else..."

Frostbite seemed to gain a bit of cockiness as he emphasised the leverage they'd have with using the hostages as human shields, should the imaginary protagonists appear as he was suggesting.

He moved over to the others, his arm he had partially covered in ice, and now as if adrenaline was wearing off, he groaned from what he hoped looked like an apparent injury. He moved forward as if in pain..."Uggh, must ah caught some of the blast..."

He said staggering a bit. He lurched forward. At this point, he was playing it out to see how the others would react. He was hoping that they'd take the threat and the obvious looking ice scab on his arm as signs that they were dealing with a super who might burst in any moment. And more so that he himself was part of the team, having taken on moments before in a feverish battle.

OOC: OK so I've sought to set things up, so that a) I can stagger toward the hostages and get between the gunmen and them. If necessary, I will add that the supes would be coming right behind them. or b) if that isn't working or doesn't look to work then I will drop to the floor and start to ice over as if the ice wound is growing over me. Hence giving the impression that things are worse. I will do this to try and lure the others toward me and hopefully allow BB to circle around and get between the hostages and the other guards to take them out, at which point I to will strike saying something like "Surprise!". Obviously, this is all assuming that we can pull the wool over their eyes with this stunt, or else it might be some combination of a and b.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 01 2021, 09:02

The three Eurotrash Agents glanced at each others ski masked face. "We got trouble?"

"Best go tell the bosses."

One of them makes their way to the exit.

"Wait you dummy! We got phones!"

The man at the door paused then nodded.

The third comes over to Frostbite. "This... kid... and the cold one... was it the Vanguard? They've been all over the news. We were told to watch for them. Our plan to discredit the UKChampions has gone great till they showed up. Where were they?" He didn't seem at all concerned about damage to his 'comarades' arm.

Battlebug came over to the window. "Man, I wanna have a crack at that Frostbite guy. I hear he's a real jerk. The kid sounds really cool though."

One of the Eurotrash agents snorted "What are you, ten? Do you know who you are talking about? Frostbite is the leader of the Vanguard. We have a file on him an inch thick and it still tells us squat about him! The boy is supposed to be some up and coming powerhouse. Those two new people we have running the show... one of them claims to be an alternate version of Frostbite. The bosses questioned him, tried to get him to give up secrets. Maybe they have some details that cross over so we can hit him where he lives, go after his friends. The 'Echelon' guy didn't spill the beans. Things got heated. Then the other guy, who I hear is even more powerful than the 'Frostbyte' guy? You know what he did?"

BB shrugged.

"He took Taurus by the throat then snapped his neck in front of all the others! That shut em up! Did you see Taurus' neck? I mean, anyone who can do that, and so quick a badass like Taurus couldn't react... well that shut the ruling council up."

Another butted in "The council are jerks anyway. Every plan they have turns to ****."

"Maybe, but these two new guys? They are killin it. Well, they were till the Vanguard showed up."

"I heard the Vanguard was just them two, and the rest make up the numbers."

"Maybe, but together? They have an 'Oh' in their record and it's not in the win or draw column. The UKChampions? We got them on the ropes, sure. Heck, there are two downstairs..."

They started to chuckle and there were gasps from hostages.

"Oh now look. You spilled da beans" said a Eurotrash Agent. "We was told we needed ta keep all this quiet..."

"Well, we'll just have to arrange for an accident... they tried ta escape and..." he made a slashing motion across his throat then cocked a powerful/large looking weapon and brought it to bear on the hostages massed on the floor of the large room...

BBug muttered "Uh, shouldn't we see what the bosses say?" and he glanced at Frostbite.

They'd gotten information out of these guys, maybe more than they'd had before, but the gig was up if Frostbite and Battlebug came out swinging!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Thu Jul 01 2021, 12:58

Admin wrote:The three Eurotrash Agents glanced at each others ski masked face. "We got trouble?"

"Best go tell the bosses."

They'd gotten information out of these guys, maybe more than they'd had before, but the gig was up if Frostbite and Battlebug came out swinging!  

Frostbite gave a low groan guttural as if something else was going on. As he doubled over he gave an obvious wink to Battle Bug as he turned, seeming in pain, away from the others. He increased the frost around his arm, stumbling towards the men and seeking to drive them to him or away from him in fear.

"Whats...whats happening to me... so...cold...."

Once he had got the men away from the hostages or at least so that Battle Bug and he could more easily intervene. He exploded into action.

OOC: OK Depending on who gets the initiative will do a multi-attack on all three. If it's me I will use Energy Attack full on but not to kill or harm the hostages nor wanting to kill the men only stun them for captivity and prosecution, with my energy blast. Or if BB gets in there he can team attack and whoever goes first if there are any left over, the other can mop up. If that all goes smoothly we will need to take a communication device to listen in and also get downstairs to see whom else they've got captive before we think about going for Stone Lord and crew.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 09 2021, 22:01

OOC Apologies for the delay Dave. You know what's going on (but if you forgot - new house, decorating/working/occasionally sleeping, repeat. I have another week or so of 25 hour a day shifts before the house *should* be finished and ready to move into. Then another week of back and forth emptying one place and filling another. By August the dust should have settled, all being well) so thanks for your patience/understanding.

Frostbite glanced to Battlebug with a knowing glance and saw the youngster suck in a breath - something he seemed to do before 'powering up' it seemed.

OOC Roll(2d12)+0:
5 Frostbite (37),3 Battlebug (33)

Frostbite acts first

Energy Blast 26 + Accuracy 4D + Roll(6d12)+0: 8,1,11,11,7,6,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,10,+0 Total:43 (69) vs
Highest Ov4 + Multi 4 (on three targets) + 4 trick shot (to avoid hitting hostages) - Surprise 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (28)

+9 (to 35) vs Highest RV5 + Multi 4 + Pull Punch 4=22 RAPs. All three are DOWN and OUT and will be for a LONG time!

Faster on the draw than his young protégé (OOC did we ever figure out how old Joe Hoskyn/Rigdon was?) Frostbite fires at the three targets simultaneously, concentrating on accuracy over fire power. Though Eurotrash operated with 'enhanced' agents with superhuman reflexes strength and durability it seemed that was a state which was temporary, granted via an injection or pill. They were in fabulous shape, Olympic fitness levels and durability to rival a special forces soldier but against an energy blast that could level a mountain?

No chance!

"Pffft. Dunno why I bother tagging along sometimes..." muttered Battlebug with a touch of humour in his voice.

The hostages gasped, but were unsure of quite what was happening - Frostbite and BB were dressed as Eurotrash terrorists.

Moving quickly to one of the downed agents Frostbite rummaged about and took a wireless communication device off one.

'Interfaced' said Frostbot, immediately. 'We can monitor and communicate with them. This operative was 'Number 9'

"Everyone keep calm and we'll get you out of this." said BBug to the hostages. Immediately that prompted an avalanche of questions muffled by gaffer tape over mouths and the youngster sighed "Ever wish you'd kept your mouth shut?" he muttered as he came alongside Frostbite. The Hostages were all zip tied at ankle and wrist so couldn't make their way out but that posed no obstacle to two Class 5 Superhumans! Or 3, depending on Battlebugs' status.

"Think we should get this lot clear first boss? I'm thinking get them out, let Dawson or the cops know and get stuck into Stone Lord and his buddies so they are all wrapped up once SMITE gets here." asked Battlebug.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 09 2021, 22:22

Admin wrote:OOC Apologies for the delay Dave. You know what's going on (but if you forgot - new house, decorating/working/occasionally sleeping, repeat. I have another week or so of 25 hour a day shifts before the house *should* be finished and ready to move into. Then another week of back and forth emptying one place and filling another. By August the dust should have settled, all being well) so thanks for your patience/understanding.

Frostbite glanced to Battlebug with a knowing glance and saw the youngster suck in a breath - something he seemed to do before 'powering up' it seemed.

"Think we should get this lot clear first boss? I'm thinking get them out, let Dawson or the cops know and get stuck into Stone Lord and his buddies so they are all wrapped up once SMITE gets here." asked Battlebug.

OOC: Mate I said take the week off, and if you needed to more besides. I certainly don't mind one bit - so no apology needed, I did remember on more than one occasion what you had falling off your plate, so no worries from me.

Frostbite nodded, pulling his mask off he addressed the crowd. "We are friends, I am Frostbite and this is my companion Battle Bug we are with the Vanguard. We are here to rescue you. We need you to be quiet and get off the grounds without alerting the others to our presence. Do you think you can head out quietly? We can make sure you get out safely and then call in some help?"

With that Frostbite had Frostbot communicate to SMITE and mark it for Dawson's attention. He also made sure that he got a text message on his personal line as well.

With that he had Battle Bug move among the crowd and take off the bindings and help them up to their feet. Once Frostbite had made sure that the thugs were unable to be a problem. He also helped them moved forward, using Frostbot's abilities to communicate with the cameras and find the most expedient way out. 'Keep an eye out for any more guards' he thought to the sentient AI, he didn't want them running into an ambush. He couldn't direct Battle Bug ahead as he would wish because he had no easy way to communicate without compromise. So he had him take the rear whilst he took the front and they move forward on his command, looking for his silent hand signals as they went.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 16 2021, 22:15

OOC Short house update - getting there. I should have taken a week off work for the stuff I'm doing but chances of that being granted were zero. Anyway, carpets in today, I have wood floor to install tomorrow (before work) and in the afternoon tomorrow should have internet/tv/phone installed so a big step towards normalcy. Getting there! One of the biggest challenges I have is getting rid of rubbish. The old carpets/underlay need to be taken to the tip which needs an appointment because of covid. These things are sent to try us etc...

As the pair of heroes moved to crowd control one of the former captives came alongside Frostbite and asked for a quiet word.

"I don't know if I should tell you this, but the guy who owns this place is like you, a super hero. What's more, he's one of the UKChampions! If you can contact the UKC and let them know this place is under attack they should pile over here all guns blazing to help one of their own!" said the man, some kind of gardener in his sixties and clearly unaware that his employer seemed to be in league with the kidnappers!

Frostbite chewed on the idea of telling the old guy until Battlebug hissed "Boss! Out the window!"

Frostbite moved to one of the many windows and saw distant dots in the sky - helicopter gunships most likely from SMITE! He looked back. The hostages had been tied up for hours and some were elderly and very slow moving. If SMITE (assuming it was they who'd sent the helicopters) opened up on the bad guys these unsuspecting former hostages might get caught in the crossfire!

BB kept them moving, helping the slowest up then moving to a window. He waved Frostbite across.

Two black garbed people from the ground floor had moved onto the expansive driveway and were looking at the helicopters which were still a couple of miles distant. One took to the air, shouting something to the other who ran back in the house, and the flier soared up and towards the copters!

Battlebug watched the flier go and muttered "Want me to get after em? bear in mind we are dressed like the bad guys too..."

Frostbite glanced back. The oldest of the household staff were shuffling slowly towards the exit and being helped by others. This could get nasty, fast!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Jul 17 2021, 20:58

Admin wrote:Frostbite glanced back. The oldest of the household staff were shuffling slowly towards the exit and being helped by others. This could get nasty, fast!

Frostbite wanted to hold BB in reserve with himself till the primary mission was safely completed. The difficulty was that there was always unforeseen side objectives and opportunities. "Unless he is ultra-fast he is just a delaying tactic, with delusions of grandeur, the helicopters should give him trouble for a bit. Help me get these people to safety where I can erect an ice barrier to keep them safe, then we can clean up with prejudice." He grinned a brief smile that had no humour in it. Frostbite hated civilian casualties and keeping people as collateral didn't sit well with him. Especially elderly people who had probably served faithfully and didn't deserve treatment like this.

As soon as he could he would create a barrier within which the people could remain safe, and hopefully not too cold. At least huddled together they could keep each other warm. Which would leave him and Battle Bug the chance to take out the bad guys and find out who was stowed away in the basement. Something about this worried him, was Stone Lord who he truly appeared to be, or had an imposter been behind this? Was there some other sinister player at work? Only now they had rescued the hostages did he feel at ease to tackle whatever Eurotrash remained in the house. But there was still the final hostage that remained below and the incoming helicopters.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 29 2021, 22:16

Battlebug and Frostbite ushered the hostages from the room and down the stairs, watching out all the while and helping those who found the situation too stressful...

The Helicopter gunships were doing a good job of distracting the bad guys and one of the staff lead the way down to the wine cellar, with only one entrance.

It was sparsely stocked and Frostbite covered the doorway with a foot thick of steel hard ice!

"NOW can we punch some bad guys heads in?" asked Battlebug.

'Please note that the villains are 'on the move' and Stonelord - Arthur Pennington-Richmond - is with them. There can be no doubt that he is in league with the 'kidnappers'. The Helicopter crew are in some danger.' said Frostbot inside the heroes' head...

'And one of them is not showing up on any cameras either inside or outside of the mansion...'

OOC You are in the basement of the Mansion, gunships are closing in and the villains are accounted for... except for one (flying towards the gunships) and another (not visible on the cameras at all...) The hostages are 'safe' in the wine cellar which is protected with a door sealed by a foot thick of ice (harder than steel)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Fri Jul 30 2021, 19:10

Admin wrote:OOC You are in the basement of the Mansion, gunships are closing in and the villains are accounted for... except for one (flying towards the gunships) and another (not visible on the cameras at all...) The hostages are 'safe' in the wine cellar which is protected with a door sealed by a foot thick of ice (harder than steel)

Frostbite nodded, "Yeah I think it's way past time for some heads to roll. Let's do what we can but I want that helicopter crew safe as well."

Frostbite realised he probably stood a better chance of catching the flyer and leaving BB here meant he could take on Stone Lord and stop him. He had no doubt about that, but before he took off to stop the reinforcements from being downed, he had to make sure that Battle Bug was powered up so he could safely take care of things. He didn't want to leave him vulnerable if by some fluke the others had one over them.

OOC: OK up top go for a surprise attack, assuming that things go our way, I'm thinking of leaving BB to mop up (he could clear them better than me) and take out that flyer before he reaches the copter crews. But we'll see what we'll see first.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 04 2021, 00:48

Frostbite flies through the wall hearing a muttered "Show off!" as Battlebug has to open a window and hop onto the sloped roof of the grand old house.

Outside, the ice cold hero accelerates towards the villain heading towards the helicopter...

Something... some sense perhaps, or some feeling, warns the villain of the incoming threat!

The man turns in the air and hovers, all black garb identical to that which Frostbite wore... His hands glowed orange with energy, and Frostbite knew if this guy fired heat he'd be in trouble!

"Who are you? I'm getting a weird feeling about you!" shouted the villain as he levelled an arm at the incoming Vanguardian. It seemed impossible to surprise this villain but Frostbite was a heavy hitter - chances were, surprise or not, he'd be able to flatten this guy!

The helicopters came on in the distance behind the floating villain, less than half a mile away now and noisy as they WHUPP WHUPP WHUPPED! through the air!

OOC You are about 50 yards from the bad guy who isn't quite sure what to make of you despite what his danger sense is telling him. You are dressed like he is and that probably confuses him - why should he be in danger from his own comrade? So, you're up, but if you attack it'll be initiative (with a bonus for you). Battlebug hasn't engaged the others yet - he's watching/making sure you are ok first.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Wed Aug 04 2021, 12:19

Admin wrote:OOC You are about 50 yards from the bad guy who isn't quite sure what to make of you despite what his danger sense is telling him. You are dressed like he is and that probably confuses him - why should he be in danger from his own comrade? So, you're up, but if you attack it'll be initiative (with a bonus for you). Battlebug hasn't engaged the others yet - he's watching/making sure you are ok first.

Frostbite didn't want to get into a fight, but he was struggling to think of a way that could 'fool' what appeared to be either some uncanny sense or something like Lionheart's precognitive ability to second guess danger. The truth was if he attacked he knew the other would react, but if he didn't could he fool his advisory to return with him? With the Helicopters closing in, he had to do something. And he doubted he'd keep the upper hand, but for now he had a momentary moment of potential hesitation.

"Your chasing the wrong crowd. The kid and that Frozen fella, are loose and the boss wants help getting extracted before the whole house comes down..."

Frostbite waited, chances are he might have given up the initiative, but he wanted to see if he could end this without having to fight especially if this guy did fire flame or heat of any kind. That would only leave him and the Helicopters vulnerable.

OOC: OK going to see what happens, but if it comes to a fight, then so be it. I'll react with full impunity if he doesn't respond and go for a Dev attack with energy attack. I've not got time to play if this doesn't work.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 07 2021, 09:57

"What?" yelled the man with glowing hands - and eyes Frostbite noticed as he drifted closer.

The helicopters were getting much louder now and the Eurotrash villain had to shout "What is your name? Where did you come from?"

'Launch detected' said Frostbot.

Frostbite looked past the villain and saw several plumes of smoke flying from small firework type rockets launching from the underside of the helicopters! He counted a dozen, more... and they were aimed at the Eurotrash guy ... and Frostbite!!!

OOC They will take some seconds to close the distance but presumably are of some lock on/heat seeking type...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sat Aug 07 2021, 15:22

Admin wrote:'Launch detected' said Frostbot.

Frostbite looked past the villain and saw several plumes of smoke flying from small firework type rockets launching from the underside of the helicopters! He counted a dozen, more... and they were aimed at the Eurotrash guy ... and Frostbite!!!

OOC They will take some seconds to close the distance but presumably are of some lock on/heat seeking type...

Well, that kind of decided it for him. The Helicopters thought them equal targets and to be honest he couldn't blame them. Dressed as they were. But he didn't need a battle on two fronts. Besides which, even if he phased out to avoid contact with the rockets, their heat trail would quickly undo his phasing.

There was no time to down the rockets with his powers as this would most likely give him away as the very super they were afraid was onto them. No time came for him to bring down the super goon and quickly before he was brought down as well.

Levelling his arms he fired, for accuracy and damage this had to be over quickly or this could get messy very fast.

As he levelled he instructed Frostbite to send a message to the copters so that as he attacked they knew who was firing back - back at the villain though not them.

OOC: I wanted to do Dev attack but thought if I miss this, it could be good night for me too. So going for accuracy and then pile points in to make the damage as effectively as possible.

Sj

Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 14 2021, 12:26

OOC been a rough week, still living out of boxes and every time I think about starting something on the house work rears its head! These things are sent to try us... Even now I'm on call and after being called in yesterday I'm not going to tempt fate and start work on the garden as guaranteed the phone will ring as I'm getting my hands mucky.

I can see what I can get done with updates though Very Happy

Frostbot indicated he'd sent a message to Dawson through his phone but with the situation in London concerning the EMPs and the outages it may be some time before he got it... or it might go through instantly!

He could get closer and let Frostbot work his magic. With a touch Frostbot could leap into the computer systems of a helicopter - including the communication channels - and get the job done.

He had this dark clad Eurotrash member in front of him to deal with first though...

Eurotrash were a real mish mash of powerful and puny members. Their lack of team work, cohesion and loyalty worked against them and they were as likely to square up against each other than against their enemies. Frostbite's Echelon counterpart, Frostbyte, as well as Echelon Saladin had taken over the group by some kind of coup and threatened to turn the mass of disparate superhuman thugs and criminals into a cohesive whole.

They'd brought London to its knees.

Now they were working to cement their power and influence.

Frostbite was determined to stop them!

OOC initiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:
9 Frostbite (41)
4 Strom (31)

Frostbite uses points into his Energy Blast (up to 26) and is in his 'Fluid Form' which provides the best balance of defence.

Energy Blast 26 + Accuracy 4D + Roll(6d12)+0: 3,7,11,8,6,3,+0 Total:6 DOUBLE (close to choose between that and 8+11) plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,12,+0 Total:25 (paid off) (51) vs
OV10 + Range 2 + 2D Acrobatics (1D accuracy) + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,8,2,11,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:25 (37)
hit +5 (to 31) vs RV32 (!)=No damage!

Frostbite blasted his opponent and... watched as the energy flowed over and around his target! The force of the blast pushed him backwards through the air but he was surrounded by a powerful personal force field which seemed to be more than enough to stop Frostbite's normally unstoppable blast!

"You are ... powerful." said the villain as the energy blast dissipated. "It matters not. I am INVULNERABLE! I was Denmark's most powerful superhero until I saw an opportunity and came here. Now? This place is here for the taking and I am ready to claim my share! You had your shot - whoever you are. Now... taste mine!" he swoops closer to within ten feet to blast at point blank range!!!

OOC Strom Attacks!

CRIT BLOW Energy Blast 15 + 1D Accuracy + Roll(3d12)+0: 9,6,4,+0 Total:15 (30) vs
OV12 + Crit Blow 4 + Fluid Form 5 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (32) Attack MISSED!

Whilst his own attack had been repulsed Frostbite simply flowed around his opponent's blast and noted that the man could hand it out as well as take it! He needed to get this guy out!

OOC intiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:
6 Frostbite (38)
12 Strom (39) Strom attacks first!!!

Strom attacks again! Want to change anything? Use any of your points into defence (robbing them from your energy blast)? Using any of your 2 dice to defend (which would then reduce the four dice you use for accuracy)? When it's your attack, going for Crit Blow (hard to hit, good chance of damaging) or Devastating Attack (much harder to hit, the most powerful blast you have)?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Sun Aug 15 2021, 16:14

Admin wrote:Strom attacks again! Want to change anything? Use any of your points into defence (robbing them from your energy blast)? Using any of your 2 dice to defend (which would then reduce the four dice you use for accuracy)? When it's your attack, going for Crit Blow (hard to hit, good chance of damaging) or Devastating Attack (much harder to hit, the most powerful blast you have)? [/i][/color]

OOC: NO worries mate, I've been busy too.

Slightly taken aback that the villain Strom was more prepared for his energy attack than he'd given him credit for, Frostbite found himself revising his strategy. He felt confident that his lith fluid form gave him the defences he needed to throw all he had into overwhelming his opponent's considerable defences. It was becoming and a all or nothing game. And there was too much at stake for him to come up empty.

OOC: Carry on as I am with DEV ATT to counter if I manage to get over his attack on me.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 16 2021, 18:20

OOC Strom switches 10 points of power reserve into Energy Blast... (uh oh) and blasts Frostbite!!!

Energy Blast 25 (!) + Accuracy 3D + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,10,7,7,5,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,6,+0 Total:30 (55) vs
OV12 + Fluid Form 5 + Range 2 + CRIT BLOW 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,4,+0 Total:10 (33)
Hit +7 (to 32) vs RV16 - Crit Blow 6 (RV10)=22 RAPs! Even if Frostbite absorbs 11 points (his maximum) in last ditch defence he is DOWN and OUT! Very lucky roll and not so great for Frosty, but an energy blast of 25 (almost the match of Frosty at 26) suggests this guy is nigh on a par with Frostbite!

Strom switches his power reserve (10 pts) back onto his Force Field

GM wrote:Amendment to HOUSE rules with damage 'Over the top'.

In bashing (standard four colour combat) every point of damage over and above dropping the target character's body of zero adds to the time before the character can make a recovery check.

Example: Frostbite has 11 body and takes 22 damage. Even if he absorbs 11 points with last ditch defence he is still reduced to zero and rendered unconscious. Because this is a 4 colour game characters are rendered unconscious instead of being splattered all over the floor. However going 'over the top' with extra damage increases the time that the character is knocked out. Normally this is one hour (10APs of time). Now each AP 'over the top' of what is required to KO a character counts as extra time the character is knocked out. For example if a character with 6 Body takes 10 damage then 4 APs of time (1 minute) are added to an hour to make 61 Minutes knocked out. Not much of a difference.
In Frostbite's example 11 APs of time is two hours plus the standard hour meaning Frostbite is knocked out for a total of 3 hours.

This is going in the house rule document (mostly so I don't forget).

Don't despair though Dave! Frostbite has 8 Regeneration that shrinks those hours down to a paltry 4APs of time (1 minute)!

There is a blinding flash and Frostbite knows this is going to hu...OOOF!!!

The NEW Vanguard! FROSTBITE ISSUE #12 "Something bad this way comes." - Page 5 Strom-triumphant

Frostbite's limp form tumbles through the air and he THWUMPS to the floor in the grounds of the mansion! As the dust clears Strom levels an arm... "We were told to use non lethal force... but out here... who will know?"

OOC Meaning you get to run Battlebug as he turns and...

Billy knew the helicopters would complicate things.

Still, he also knew the boss would take that into account and deal with it. He was great at that sort of thing. All the details, dealing with people. Sorting things out. Heck, there was nothing he could do, and to cap it all off he seemed to have more powers than Battlebug could keep track o..oh no!

He saw a dark clad figure face off against Battlebug and though the battle was too far away to make out details he felt sure that Frostbite would NEVER take aim at a downed foe! That meant his friend and mentor had run up against a heavy hitter who'd gotten the drop on him! With helicopters moving in and more villains spilling from the house the youngster knew he'd only get one chance at saving his friend!

OOC Typically Battlebug boosts his stats and punches stuff. What he does in this case is up to you...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steeple_jackuk Mon Aug 16 2021, 20:44

Admin wrote:OOC Typically Battlebug boosts his stats and punches stuff. What he does in this case is up to you...

OOC: Opps that was a bit unforeseen. Oh well let the dice fall where they may. I guess now I get to play with some chaos.

I Strom on the floor near us, if so yes will boost stats and jump at him with his usual flurry of blows.

Battle Bug was only slightly stunned, he wasn't sure what had just happened but anyone raising an arm to fire, meant trouble and unless he was mistaken there was no subtle blue glow about the man. Frostbite, he thought, he ain't. With his usual bravado slightly modified by the sudden loss of his mentor and friend, he blasted into action. It was up to Battle Bug to save the day. He thought he needed a battle cry as he let his unearthly powers surge through his apparent puny looking body and then thought better of it. Battle Crys were so 800' and 90's that was then and perhaps ought to stay then, as well.

But as the figure looked ready to fire, Battle Bug was ready to retaliate with extreme prejudice.

Sj
Steeple_jackuk
Steeple_jackuk
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next