The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

2 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 2 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04 2020, 18:07

Detecting Magic Prof Wynde 'saw' Swashbuckler (faintly) and Faerie (strong) along with someone else, someone who barely registered. They were about a mile away, at the edge of his range.

He looked in that direction and saw there was where the fighting was fiercest. Nazis were pounding a sandbagged area and throwing grenades, bullets and the kitchen sink at it, and his team mates were caught up in it!

OOC Air Control says you can blast a volume of 10APs (1000 cubic feet) and that you can shape that volume as required. I was never great at working out volumes into areas and such at school because I didn't have the slightest interest. Later, after school I still ran D&D and more or less turned into a human calculator because it suited me. Seriously, I beat an interviewer at long division with a calculator in an interview and he offered me the job then and there (with a £5k pay rise). I turned it down... Shocked So you can shape the air as you see fit, 1000' long, 100' wide, 200' high whatever I guess.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 2 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 04 2020, 19:45

ooc:  Dang thing confuses me.  I just looked at Weather Control and their example of changing Chicago's weather.  Puts it in the 22-24 Column but looking at 22 APs of volume, that's only 4 million cubic feet [pg 134] or a 32 story building.  I think that volume chart has to be ignored for things like weather and air.

"Wonderman!  Faerie hasn't left and she is being attacked on all sides.  That way," Prof. Wynde points.  "Take out that tank and machine gun nest here, then join me over there.  I'll try to help them in the meantime!"

ooc2:  Hmm ... 1 mile is 10 APs distance, which I can cover in 4 seconds or one movement in a round.  Guess I am going to set off one of the very first man-made sonic booms to be heard in WW2.  With Dispersal of 1, I set off a sonic boom but don't hurt myself, right?  Can't afford to hurt myself. 

So, he flies over at top speed.  Once in range, find the largest concentrate of foes, then let loose with a large area blast of wind, knocking them, their weapons, trees, grass, rubble, maybe intact buildings, maybe light tanks away from the Allies [I imagine some French, Belgium and whatnot are also in the mix with mostly Brits].

Wind is to be 1 APs high [20'], 5 APs wide [100 yds] and 4 APs [150'] deep.  That would be allowable, right?  Uses 10 APs of Air Control.  If I roll well, I could even knock over or even knock away a light tank.   bounce

I would love to land and then attack but I think having to be able to see where the largest concentration of enemy troops are would require him to be in the air when he attacks so he can see where exactly he needs his wind to go.  Then he tries to dive for cover.

ooc3:  Now if I was Wonderman, I would pick up the tank and throw it at the machinegun nest.  He only needs a 9 Str to pick up a light tank and an 11 Str to pick up a heavy [40 ton] battle tank [according to wiki, the Panzer VIII was in development but never produced and was the heaviest tank at that time, 88 metric tons in late 1944, and in 1939 the average medium tank weighed around 20 tons, going up to the 30-44 ton range by 1945].  Then using my jumping of 7 to get to "my girl" as fast as possible.

And this means we leave mister supernazi behind too.  But at least I know he isn't magic.  That leaves tech equipment or some sort of mutation used on him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04 2020, 21:04

Wonder Man looked up. "What? Where?" he didn't need telling twice and bounded off in search of the tank which had pinned down his team mates!

Prof Wynde took to the sky and flew at top speed, leaving no sonic boom (OOC Dispersal 1 exceeds the body of air at 0 or even less than that so no boom).

OOC Air Control vs everyone in the area...
AC 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:9 (19) vs
Soldiers in groups of six:
OV2 +
Roll(2d12)+0: 7,11,+0 Total:18 (20) failed
Roll(2d12)+0: 2,9,+0 Total:11 (13) +3 (13) vs RV3=10 RAPs
Roll(2d12)+0: 7,10,+0 Total:17 (19) 10 vs RV3=7 RAPs
Roll(2d12)+0: 10,6,+0 Total:16 (18) +1 (11) vs RV3=8 RAPs
Roll(2d12)+0: 9,10,+0 Total:19 (21) failed
Roll(2d12)+0: 5,6,+0 Total:11 (13) +3 (13) vs RV3=10 RAPs
Roll(2d12)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:9 (11) +4 (14) vs RV3=11 RAPs

Tanks
OV3 (speed) +
Roll(2d12)+0: 3,7,+0 Total:10 (13) +3 (13) vs RV8=5 RAPs (no effect, weight)
Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:8 (11) +4 (14) vs RV9=5 RAPs (no effect, weight)
Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:16 (19) 10 vs RV8=2 RAPs (no effect, weight)

Whipping up a wind that sent dirt, rocks and debris flying through the air Prof Wynde blasted the soldiers that failed to duck down in time sending dozens of them tumbling backwards through the air across the field and screaming as they crashed into trees.

The tanks didn't budge (too heavy) and he swooped away (no range modifier because area attack). He watched the skies for those flying ratzis, knowing full well that another, well, light tap would send him into la la land at best and the morgue at worst. He needed to heal up. Hearing the roar of planes overhead he quickly accelerated away, ignoring their bullets which fired where he no longer was.

Wonder Man bounded across the battlefield ignoring the gasps, shouts and bullets of the nazi soldiers. Landing next to the tank he kicked at it!

OOC DEV ATTACK Dex 12 + M Arts 3D (0D Acro) + Roll(5d12)+0: 9,4,10,11,8,+0 Total:21 (33) vs
OV4 (speed) + 8 Dev Att + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (26) +4 (to 17) vs RV9 - 12 Dev Att so RV-3=20 RAPs

With a WHAM then a BAWHOOOM!!!! Wonder Man kicks the tank over and sends it tumbling across the field, spinning, bouncing and falling to bits before fuel sprayed out and burst into flames, then igniting the munitions! As it exploded he came under fire but the shots either went well wide or pinged from his body, flattened and useless.

=========

Watching through Binoculars the white coated Nazi Officer hissed. "Are they the ones?"

The two men holding binoculars stood next to - and towering over - him pulled them down. "I do believe they are. What are they doing here?"
asked Baron Blitzkrieg.

Captain Nazi snarled "Who cares? There are only two of them and they are whipping our forces, delaying us. Our revenge is at hand!" he said, taking a gulp of the strange gas that allowed him to fly.

"Do not underestimate the one in red! He moves like lightning!" said the Scientist.

"It is the other one we must watch. Their leader. He possess occult powers and masterminded our defeat at the battle in Wales." said Baron Blitzkrieg.

"Hmmm. Embarrasing." said the Scientist, a glint in his eye.

"Mind your tongue Herr Böse." snarled Captain Nazi. "You are an intelligent man, but mortal. Your ADVENT masters have granted you an opportunity to aid us, but you can be replaced."

The man stared then nodded, submitting.

He watched as the two Nazi super agents soared off towards the battlefield. Then he smiled. "Heil ADVENT." he hissed under his breath.

=========

Prof Wynde saw two dots flying through the air some distance away whilst he scoured the sky for more flying Nazis. They were brightly coloured, one gold the other green, and reminded him very much of...

"Oh No." Two of the Nazis that had battered the team at Caer Alwyn, headed this way!

OOC they are a 1/4 mile distant but closing in fast!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 04 2020, 21:25

"Wonderman!  Throw something at them," Prof. Wynde yells, pointing at the two rapidly approaching super Nazis.

He then looked around for Faerie.  He used his Magic Sense to help spot her and the other two.  Spotting her, he flies down to have her heal him and then bawls her out for not teleporting herself, Swashbuckler and the Earl away.

ooc:  I'm going to make a pretty big assumption that the Earl refused to leave his men behind and Faerie couldn't bring them all with her and that's why they are still here.  So he is not going to bawl her out too hard.  If what I think happened happened, then he says this next thing.  If not, then we will see what he does if it is otherwise.

"I don't care you don't want to leave your men, Earl," Prof. Wynde snarls watching to see how Wonderman is holding up against the two super foes.  "The Land wants you and the Prime Minister himself has ordered your return.  You will return now or be called TRAITOR for disobeying a direct order from the Prime Minister!  Faerie!  Get yourself, the Earl and Swashbuckler back home.  NOW!  Wonderman and I will stay and try to help out these men as long as we can."

"Understand!  This is a sideshow!  We can lose this whole war, the whole of mankind if we don't complete the mission we had to run from.  NOW MOVE!"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04 2020, 23:55

The Earl, a Captain in the Army, splutters and looks shocked. He's already seen a tiny woman and flying Nazis, and his men and he are pinned down by relentless fire!

The man looks exhausted and he's wounded but still fighting on. "I don't care what you call me, I'm not leaving a single man behind! Whoever you are... I don't care, you can tell Bloody Churchill to stuff it up his jacksie too! I'll happily face the firing squad... IF I make it home alive!" he said, reloading his service revolver and popping the odd shot off over the sandbags.

Faerie looks downcast but offers "He wouldn't come with us. I can teleport someone if they resist but its much much harder and things might go wrong."

"Teleport? What are you saying? What are you doing here anyway? This is no place for a woman!" splutters Captain St John.

Faerie lays hands on Prof Wynde, healing him. (OOC PROF WYNDE ON FULL 6/6 BODY)

Swashbuckler shimmies over and hisses "Captain, you need to go, NOW! A lot of people will die if you don't We came here to rescue you and take you home and there you will play a much, much larger role in the war, believe me!"

St John shook his head and shouted an order for his men to start pulling back. One got tagged and spun, dropping into the mud face down. "Damn it! Who ARE you people? You say you can... whisk us away? I've already seen things my eyes scarcely believe... men flying, killing soldiers with a single blow, ignoring bullets and grenades... flipping a tank onto its top... now you lot turn up dressed for a party. This has been the strangest day of my life and I suspect it will be my last!"

Faerie turned to Prof Wynde. "If he's unwilling to go... I can still try but..."

Meanwhile Wonder Man heard prof Wynde shout and rolled his eyes. "Who does he think I am? Babe Ruth?" Instead he crouched... then leapt at a nazi agent as they passed overhead!

OOC Surprise Attack Dev Attack Dex 12 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 7,11,8,11,9,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:38 (50) vs
OV10 - Surprise 4 - flank attack 2 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,3,+0 Total:14 (28)
+7 (to 20) vs RV10 -12 Dev Att so RV -2=22 RAPs. Baron Blitzkrieg has nowhere near enough Hp to absorb enough damage so is DOWN and OUT!

Suddenly all turned as there is a sound like a thunderclap, even over the roar of battle! Wonder Man leaps straight up delivering the mother of all uppercuts to baron Blitzkrieg who flies straight up, tumbling like a rag doll another 150' straight up! Then he starts to tumble and fall to the ground!

Wonder Man's leap arcs and he falls, then rights himself and crashes through a house roof with a puff of dust and rubble!

OOC initiative...
Roll(4d12)+0:
11 Prof Wynde (36)
6 Wonder Man (34)
8 faerie (32)
10 Captain Nazi (42)

Captain Nazi swoops down after Wonder Man and attacks!

OOC AV12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (23) vs
OV12 + 1D Acro (2D M Arts) + Roll(3d12)+0: 10,9,1,+0 Total:19 (31) attack Missed

Captain Nazis' missed attack destroys a supporting wall and the house falls in on the pair of them!

"Fred!" gasps Faerie, hand to mouth as the smoke cloud rises from the house a hundred feet away! "We must help him! Oh we must!" she gasps.

Bullets ripped about and started chopping the sand bags to smithereens as the soldiers huddle to the floor. The Soldiers were intensifying their attack!

Sounds of smashing could be heard from the fallen house as the two superhumans toss brick walls aside and bat wooden beams away like they were matchsticks and lay into each other! It's impossible to separate them with the smoke, dust and noise of the battle all about from a hundred feet away.

OOC Prof Wynde then Wonder Man and faerie.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 05 2020, 02:51

"You men! I'm Prof. Wynde and I will be staying with you for a bit. However, Captain StJohns needs to leave you in order to save England! But he says he would rather die here than do his proper duty," Prof. Wynde yells to the men around him as he readies his attack. "Can any of you convince him otherwise? Quickly? This woman can get him out of here, if you do!"

Prof. Wynde pops up into the air to do another wind blast at a group of soldiers. 1 AP high, 6 AP wide, 3 AP deep. The wind to knock them all in random directions except closer to us. Then dives back down to cover.

ooc: If the good captain is well-liked by his men I'm pretty sure some crusty ole sergeant or even a corporal with come up behind him and smash the butt of his rifle to the back of the Captain's head. Or smash him with an uppercut to the jaw. If he is unconscious, he can't resist. cheers
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 05 2020, 09:09

Sure enough a grizzled looked Sergeant, all blood, mud and smears, shimmied up. "Captain, one man here ain't gonna make a difference. If you CAN make a difference you need ta go."

"Forget it Sergeant! The longer we hold here, the more time we buy for those behind us!" argued StJohn as he popped his head over to fire at a German soldiers.

"Sure, but we're running outta ammo and men." he snarled. "If you can get outta here, do it an' come back ta make it count!"

"Forget it Jones, I'm not going... THUD!" started StJohn.

The Sergeant, a burly fellow who was the Battalions boxing champion, delivered a stunning blow to the jaw and Faerie didn't need telling twice! She moved over, placed a hand on StJohns' shoulder as he fell back, dazed and reached out to Swashbuckler.

"I'll be back." said Faerie.

OOC Go for broke +4/-6 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (20) vs
OV1 + GFB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,8,+0 Total:19 (24) FAIL

"But not yet." she muttered. "Give me a moment."

Prof Wynde rose into the air and summoned another wind to blast at the soldiers who this time hit the dirt and stayed flat to avoid the worst of it. Still, some tumbled away and were taken out of the fight. The machine guns trained on the Prof who decided getting riddled by bullets wasn't a great career choice.

OOC Let's see how effective he is:

Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (23) vs
Groups of six OV2 +
Roll(2d12)+0: 1,1,+0 Total:2 FAILURE +7 (17) vs RV3=14 RAPs
Roll(2d12)+0: 11,2,+0 Total:13 (15) +4 (14) vs RV3=11 RAPs

The remaining soldiers on the field were flung away, tumbling and flying through the sky. Some were flung way, way up, screaming as they passed a mile or more and fell to their dooms!

The tanks trained on Prof Wynde and blazed away!

OOC this might sting. Three tanks trained on you...

Bomb 9 +
Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:16 (25) vs
OV8 + Range 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 (19) +3 (12) vs RV10=2 RAPs Prof Wynde on Body 4/6
Roll(2d12)+0: 5,11,+0 Total:16 (25) vs
OV8 + Range 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,7,+0 Total:17 (31) attack Missed
Roll(2d12)+0: 12,11,+0 Total:23 (32) vs
OV8 + Range 6 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (32) Ev10 vs RV10=No damage.

Faerie, StJohn, Swashbuckler and the sergeant are tagger by the edge of the tank shell explosion that whacked Prof Wynde and smoke covers the battlefield as the RATATATATA roars out.

Shaking the dizzying effect from his head Prof Wynde looks down. There was a crater where the group had been near and Faerie was wobbling about, blood streaming from a cut on her scalp. Swashbuckler was dragging StJohns up and limping to a fallen wall.

The Sergeant lay where the crater had landed, his body a scattered mess.

"The Sarge! He's gone!" shouted one soldier. "No! NOOOO!!!" screamed another, and he got up to run, before being cut down in a hail of bullets! More bullets rang out and the sandbags ripped out, men crying out.

=========

Wonder Man knew he was in trouble.

Baron Blitzkrieg was strong but had something of a glass jaw, relatively speaking.

This guy? Different prospect!

Still, he had to give his all!

OOC Crit Blow Dex 12 + 2D M Arts + Roll(4d12)+0: 1,5,4,11,+0 Total:15 (27) vs
OV12 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,2,+0 Total:30 (46) missed

=========

Faerie stumbled, ears ringing and wobbled towards StJohn, laying hands on him.

The man gasped, becoming conscious and she swayed. "We have to... go..." she mumbled. "Sergeant dead... ammo... gone..."

StJohn looked at the advancing tanks and shouted "PULL BACK! PULL BACKKKKK!!!" to his men who started to move back to the town for shelter in the ruins but it would soon become a full rout. The Stukas were circling and coming in for another dive!

Shaking his head StJohn snarled "I need my head testing for this. Alright. You say if I go with you i can make a difference? You have to promise to help my men away!"

Swashbuckler stumbled over. "Get behind cover. Prof Wynde and Wonder Man will sort out the escape of your men."

OOC Initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 2 Prof-Wonder-rnd-2

Captain Nazi tries to drop Wonder Man!

OOC He buys 3 Dice to attack... Cap Nazi HP 49

DEV ATTACK Dex 12 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,9,2,9,10,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,2,+0 Total:24 (38) vs
OV12 + 2D Acro (1D M Arts) + Dev Att 8 + Roll(4d12)+0: 8,2,11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
3,12,+0 Total:37 (57) Attack Missed

The punch smashes a remaining wall to rubble and Nazi snarls, knowing he is stronger than his foe!

Undaunted, Wonder Man strikes out at Captain Nazi!

OOC CRIT BLOW Dex 12 + 1D M Arts + Roll(3d12)+0: 12,11,6,+0 Total:23 (35) vs
OV12 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,12,+0 Total:18 (34)
+1 (to 14) vs RV15 - 6 Crit Blow so RV9=5 RAPs damage. Nazi absorbs all of this and is now on HP34

Despite landing a terrific blow on his opponents chin, Wonder Man pales as Nazi simply smiles, wiping his chin. "Nice punch, Amerikaner, but you are without help here! The Baron may fall to your might but your power is NOTHING to me!" he laughs.

=========

The Tanks still rumbled across the field and sprayed the fleeing troops with bullets, firing freely with machine guns and cannons at the routed soldiers.

Faerie tries again. "You coming Prof?" she shouted, her head cleared a little. She saw he was intent on fighting off the tanks.

OOC GFB +4/-6 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,3,+0 Total:13 (22) vs
OV1 + GFB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (16)
+3 (to 12) vs RV1 - 6GFB so -5RV=17 RAPs.

Prof Wynde glanced down. Faerie, StJohns and Swashbuckler had vanished!

Those tanks were too heavy for him to blow away, he had to concede. The soldiers he could deal with, but now he had a stuka to deal with as well!

OOC Three tanks and a Stuka honing in on Prof Wynde.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 05 2020, 10:22

The Tanks still rumbled across the field and sprayed the fleeing troops with bullets, firing freely with machine guns and cannons at the routed soldiers.

Faerie tries again. "You coming Prof?" she shouted, her head cleared a little. She saw he was intent on fighting off the tanks.

OOC GFB +4/-6 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,3,+0 Total:13 (22) vs
OV1 + GFB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,10,+0 Total:11 (16)
+3 (to 12) vs RV1 - 6GFB so -5RV=17 RAPs.

Prof Wynde glanced down. Faerie, StJohns and Swashbuckler had vanished!

Those tanks were too heavy for him to blow away, he had to concede. The soldiers he could deal with, but now he had a stuka to deal with as well!

OOC Three tanks and a Stuka honing in on Prof Wynde.

===========================================

ooc:  Before Faerie teleported out and the men fled there was one thing Prof. Wynde wanted to ask the remaining men.  Basically, did any of them hear some kind of weird booming inside their heads and felt a strong compulsion to go to Wales?  Hey, there are 12 swords, it is possible that one or more of StJohns men might also be Lore Knights in the waiting.   sunny flower
If so, he was going to have her teleport those men too.

"Nice thing that tanks can't fire into the air," Prof. Wynde says with a grim combat grin on his face. "Well, except for the machine guns but anyone sticking their heads out to use them might find it blown off."  He took off into the air to face down the Stuka.  Once in range, he blasted it with a concentrated wind blast.

ooc2:  Not sure but I think he is actually faster than the planes of this era, until they get jets that break the sound barrier, that is.  He is definitely more maneuverable. And after he deals with the Stuka, will his negate power work on the tanks?  The engines at least?  Batteries as a second?  No power, no traversing of the cannon, leaving it only able to fire in one direction and not even change elevation  geek

ooc3:  have you worked out how much the amulet costs?  He is going to have to buy it since it looks like he isn't returning it as a loaner, which was one of his options when it was given to him.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 05 2020, 10:56

The men were too busy running to hear Prof Wynde's shouts over the gunfire. Chances of any of them being 'summoned' were low however Prof Wynde had a point.

With so many in the British Expeditionary Force chances were at least one or two might have been 'called' though they'd not know what that meant. Most would end up in the infirmary with a headache/booming they just couldn't shake, and be taken for trying to dodge combat. He might want to check up in the military prisons back home!

Summoning up a wind Prof Wynde fires it at the incoming plane!

OOC Air Control 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,7,+0 Total:12 (22) vs
Speed 7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:6 (13) +4 (14) vs RV7=7 RAPs.

With a gesture Prof Wynde sends the plane tumbling backwards! The powerful wind is too much for the planes engiens to counter and it stalls, tumbling and crashing into a field in a fiery ball, mushrooming smoke to the sky!

Floating in the air he is somewhat safer than being on the ground for the Tanks to pound and the tanks think so too - they concentrate on chasing the soldiers.

OOC Initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 2 Prof-Wonder-Rn-3

Captain Nazi snarls. "Time to put you down, Amerikaner! Tell me your name, that I may place it on your tombstone!"

"I'm Wonder Man, you Nazi pig, don't you forget it! I'll stamp it on your head with my ring!" replied Wonder Man.

OOC Captain Nazi attacks!

Dev Attack! Dex 12 + 3D Hp (leaving 13HP for Captain Nazi) +Roll(5d12)+0: 4,4,11,9,5,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 1,11,+0 Total:20 (32) vs
OV12 + 8 Dev Att + OD Acro (3D M Arts) + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,9,+0 Total:13 (33) Attack Missed!

"You're too wild, too unfocused, Nazi!" laughed Wonder Man. He was trying to goad the Nazi into making a mistake but knew that punch - had it landed - would have taken his head off! he was playing with fire!

It wasn't hard to see where Wonder Man was tangling with Captain Nazi! Prof Wynde also saw another problem...

OOC Baron Blitzkrieg spends 15HP for a desperation recovery check...

Body 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,1,+0 Total:7 (17) vs
OV0 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 +5 (15) vs RV0 Baron Blitzkrieg wakes on full Body (10)

Wobbling to his feet Baron Blitzkrieg looks about through the smoke and debris. He hasn't seen Prof Wynde yet in the air - but he will! Meanwhile another house collapsed around Captain Nazi and Wonder Man as the Nazi smashed another wall through with a punch! "DIE!" he snarled.

OOC Prof Wynde then Wonder Man...

AMULET Cost 110HP
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 05 2020, 14:42

Diving to get into range and blast Captain Nazi with Magic Blast.

"That other guy you punched out is getting back on his feet," he yelled a warning to Wonderman.

ooc: and ok on the 110, let's put that down to what he buys with his HP, if and when he survives to get some.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 05 2020, 19:42

Prof Wynde swoops to within 40' and blasts at the Nazi... (OOC Any closer and you'd get your block knocked off)

OOC Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 (22) vs
OV9 + Range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,1,+0 Total:8 (19)
+2 (to 13) vs RV9=4 RAPs. Captain Nazi is on Spirit 5/9

Grunting in pain Nazi snarls up at Prof Wynde. "I remember you! I shall enjoy twisting your head around!" he snarled.

"Gotta get through me first Ratzi!" spat Wonder Man, leaping at the powerful enemy super agent!

OOC CRIT BLOW AV12 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 5,7,12,11,11,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0:
3,10,+0 Total:35 (47) vs
OV12 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,1,+0 Total:5 (21)
+7 (to 20) vs RV15 - 6 CB so RV9=11 RAPs damage. Captain Nazi is on Body 4/15

With another teeth jarring blow Wonder man sends Captain Nazi crashing into a pile of bricks, crushing them and sending a cloud of dust up! Angry, the Nazi snarls, getting to his feet. "I have never met a more worthy foe! Your power rivals my own! It will avail you nought but know that I respect you, even as you die, Amerikaner."

OOC Initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 2 Round-4-Prof-Wonder

Captain Nazi leapt at Wonder Man once more, swinging time after time at the American!

OOC Crit Blow AV12 + 2D HP (Captain Nazi now on 0HP) + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,9,2,9,+0 Total:18 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:32 (44) vs
OV12 + Crit Blow 4 + 3D Acro (0D M Arts) + Roll(5d12)+0: 8,5,6,5,9,+0 Total:10 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 4,12,+0 Total:26 (42)
+2 (to 17) vs RV15 - 6 Crit Blow so RV9=8 RAPs damage. Wonder Man absorbs 3 points (6HP) and is on 14HP/Body 9/12

Wonder Man reels from a tremendous blow that shakes the already shaky walls in this building and stray bricks fall. Prof Wynde winces. That blow would have knocked him spark out and maybe even killed him! The nazi was incredibly powerful, probably more so than his friend. They were in trouble!

Wonder Man, blood running from his nose and with a swelling eye, grit his teeth and swung at Captain Nazi!

OOC AV12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,9,+0 Total:14 (26) vs
OV12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,10,+0 Total:13 (25)
+1 (to 14) vs RV15= No damage.

"Your blows are weakening!" laughed Captain Nazi. "I can tell! You are almost finished! One more blow should do it!"

"Then deliver the blow and stop boasting Captain!" shouted Baron Blitzkrieg.

"Ahhh Baron, you rise again! There is more to you than meets the eye, though your chin is suspect!" laughed Captain Nazi, enjoying himself now.

"I owe you, schwein!" said Baron Blitzkrieg and and swooped in to deliver a blow against Wonder Man!

OOC Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,1,+0 Total:3 FAILED attack missed.

Wonder Man stepped aside against the clumsy blow!

OOC Does it hit Captain Nazi?

Dex 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,6,+0 Total:13 (23) vs
OV12 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,1,+0 Total:13 (25) Missed, just

"You fool! Mind yourself Baron!" hisses Captain Nazi as he narrowly dodges the wild blow. "Go get the other one, Wonder Man is MINE!"

OOC Prof Wynde is up. You are 40' away up in the air looking down in the ruined building (no roof, upper floor smashed, walls wobbling and crumbling) from the three combatants.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 05 2020, 20:41

Magic Blast Captain Nazi.

"Oh Boy! Do I hate being the weakling in the party," Prof. Wynde grumbles, knowing that he could never go solo against either of these two men therefore very thankful that Wonderman is sticks with him and does all the heavy lifting - literally. Basketball
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 05 2020, 20:50

"You'll get no complaints from me if you zap one of these clowns!" said Wonder Man, feeling distinctly battered and aware the next punch could put him down!

OOC Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,8,+0 Total:20 (31) vs
OV9 + range 2 + Roll(2d12)+0: 6,7,+0 Total:13 (24)
+4 (to 15) vs RV9=6 RAPs damage! Captain Nazi is DOWN and OUT!

Prof Wynde lays low the arrogant nazi and Wonder Man lets out a "WHOOP!" before turning to Baron Blitzkrieg. "Your turn... again!" he says, flexing his fists!

OOC Initiative...

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 2 Prof-Wynde-rnd-5

Prof Wynde is up. Crit Blow or stick to the standard zaps? You can also close the range to make chances to hit better...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 05 2020, 21:07

Dice hate me but let's try getting in closer and then Crit Blow with Magic Blast.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 05 2020, 21:28

OOC Oh I dunno, Wonder Man struggled but you battered/finished off Captain Nazi with just two blasts...

CRIT BLOW Magic Blast 11 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,3,+0 Total:12 (23) vs
OV8 + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:7 (19)
+3 (to 14) vs RV8 - 6 CB so RV2=12 RAPs. Baron Blitzkrieg absorbs 5 damage putting him on 1/8 Spirit and 45HP and is STUNNED

Prof Wynde swoops down to land in front of Baron Blitzkrieg and blasts him point blank with a potent magic blast! The baron reels, stumbling about and looking decidedly ill!

Encouraged, Wonder Man loads up and delivers an uppercut!

OOC Dev Attack Dex 12 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 12,8,12,11,11,+0 Total: 24 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:40 (52) vs
OV10 + Dev Attack 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,3,+0 Total:5 (23)
+8 (21) vs RV10 - Dev Att 12 so RV -2=23 RAPs. Nowhere near enough HP to keep him conscious, Baron Blitzkrieg is DOWN and OUT ... again!!!

With a thunderous blow Baron Blitzkrieg is sent a 100 yards straight up and away, quite unconscious!

"Phew! That guy has a glass chin, thankfully. Not like the other guy." said Wonder Man. Prof Wynde somewhat doubted that. His friend had tended to doubt himself somewhat since he'd been woken from his stasis. The truth was Wonder Man was a terrific fighter with almost as much power as his opponents and more determination, making him a formidable opponent!

Prof Wynde peered through the gaps in the wall to see the allied positions had been completely overrun. They were now behind enemy lines!

German soldiers swarmed from half tracks and started rooting through the village for Allied soldiers. It wouldn't be long before Prof Wynde and Wonder Man were discovered!

"Hmm. We can't fight ALL of them, can we? There are hundreds... We need to make our way towards the coast." said Wonder Man.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 05 2020, 21:38

"Yeah, we are supposed to lose this fight, unfortunately," Prof. Wynde sighs sadly.  "Tens of thousands of men are about to spend a handful of years in captivity and there is nothing we can do about it.  Or rather there is nothing we should do about it if we want the timeline to stay whole.  The best we can do is knockout any Nazi supers we run across and maybe save a handful here and there.  We got to get back to Wales and get on with our original mission of stopping the Advent back home."

"Too bad you can't swim as fast as you can run, guess I am going to have to carry you across the Channel."

ooc:  And with a 6 Str, shouldn't be too bad a burden.  Good thing I know I can just drop him if enemy planes show up.  He'll survive the fall and can tread water while I tangle with them.   sunny
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 05 2020, 22:20

The pair took to the sky, Prof Wynde leaving only a hand solid which held onto Wonder Mans and he summoned a wind that lifted them higher above the range of the bullets.

Wonder Man looked down on the battlefield, seeing the Nazis having overrun the Allied lines and fleeing soldiers running for their lives, trying a valiant rearguard action or surrendering.

"We could... shouldn't we... maybe help?" said Wonder Man quietly. Prof Wynde looked on sadly and knew they could.. .but shouldn't.

OOC high speed flight won't hurt Wonder Man. At 10APs speed it will take only 1/2 an hour to get back to Caer Alwyn...

=========

Faerie teleported back to the battle site, ducking behind a low wall.

There were German soldiers everywhere! Where were Prof Wynde and Wonder Man? She started to sense magic to detect them. The soldiers were not in any hurry, walking now through the ruins of the town and she stayed low. 'Can't sense anything' she muttered. 'But my range isn't as good as Prof Wyndes. I should...'

"Fraulein..." said a voice behind Faerie.

Too late Faerie started to shrink and turn, but a backhand across the face sent her flying, crashing into a wall and hitting her head...

The Nazi super agent who'd been downed had been looking for the British and American super agents, determined to somehow exact revenge. This woman he didn't know, but she was with those two he was sure, and the scientists would get the answers to their questions from her!

==========

The pair landed and Wonder Man stretched. "Uhhh. I prefer jumping. Did you see all those boats? Man, that was more boats than I'd ever seen." he said referring to the private boats that came in their hundreds to rescue trapped troops.

Snaga and Boudicea came out to meet them. Major Oak and Swashbuckler joined them, followed by Swordsmith.

"Great to see you guys. It was touch and go for a while there." said Wonder Man. "Say, where's Faerie?"

Boudicea frowned. "She went to get you. Where is she? She should have been there and back straight away with you..."

Snaga scowled. "What happened? Didn't you see her?"

Wonder Man went pale and slumped to the floor, onto his knees. "Oh no..." he muttered.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 05 2020, 22:37

"Dang IT! I TOLD her DIRECTLY that we would get back ON OUR OWN," Prof. Wynde raged. "Why can't any of you listen!? THIS IS WAR!!!! YOU WILL DIE FASTER IF YOU IGNORE ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!! GOT IT????????????????????????????????"

He glares at everyone then takes a deep breath.

"Two things. Unless someone here can sense her, there is no way to find her. If we can't find her, we can't save her. Second, how is the new Earl? Did he take up a sword?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 06 2020, 11:59

Everyone stood quiet. Then Wonder Man stood. "The hell with that. I'll go on my own." he started for the door.

"Wait!" said Boudicea. "The Earl is sleeping. He'd not slept for days. Swashbuckler is the same. They need it. Both are famished and exhausted."

Snaga stepped to the door. "You can't go Wonder Man."

"You going to stop me Snaga? That axe of yours won't help you when you're picking teeth up off the floor."

Snaga bristled then sighed "Laddie. Think about it. If she can get back with her own power, she will do. If not... we'll be going back to a warzone that you two barely got out of!"

Wonder Man started forward, pushing Snaga back despite his strength, then sighed and stopped, head bowed. He turned to Prof Wynde. "Sorry Oliver but I have to do this. I know I'm needed here but Katherine needs my... our help."

Major Oak spoke up. "I might be able to get us there. There were trees, right?"

Prof Wynde nodded.

"I can do it then, but will need shorter hops than what Faerie can manage." replied the youngster.

"Ummm can I...?" asked Swordsmith. "the others told me of the Nazi base in Scotland. Isn't time running out?"

Wonder Man pulled a face and banged a fist against the wall, spider webbing the plaster.

Just then the exhausted Captain/Earl still in his messed up uniform, stood in the doorway. "Does someone want to tell me what's going on?" he asked. "Seeing as you're all in my house, and all that."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Sep 06 2020, 12:27

"Let's go downstairs to the Chamber of Lore," Prof. Wynde replies, deciding to name the room that, "get you to pull the sword that has selected you and then explain everything. Wonderman, it's a war zone. Unless you can sense her, how are you going to find her? Things are too chaotic and everyone is moving everywhere. And we need to stop Advent. They could be firing off another rocket anytime now."

"Let's go, your lordship. This is going to be one long explanation. OH year, food. We need food and drink."

He looks around for one of the servants so that they can fulfill that request.

ooc: Okay, Earl gets his sword, gets his powers, gets his name. Then Prof. Wynde goes into the very long winded revelation that he, Major Oak and sort of Wonderman are from the 21st Century, sent back here in time by a magical trap. Oh yeah, dragon from hell is trapped here too, might want to keep an eye on it. Tells him about Advent. Tells him about their failed mission to save the people and the rocket and other advanced technology there that needs to be destroyed. Tells him about the attack here when the Lore Knights first formed. Gets everyone to add in their two bits. Food and drink better arrive during all this. Get everyone to explain to him what their powers are and how they work. Tells him how they have to be careful not to muck up time or the world can be conquered by Advent, who are helping the Nazis.

Answers questions. Then sits back and lets the guy take it in. Figure that easily 5-6 pages of normal writing so skipping it. alien pale

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Sep 06 2020, 23:17

In the 'Room of Lore' the Earl looks about. "I had no idea this was here! All these years! Mind you, I was at boarding school then got my own place, left the old man to his dusty suits of armour and never ageing servants. Which did seem a bit odd at the time."

He moves to the table, looks at everyone then walks round to the head of the table. "Ghost Knight. Huh." he says. Reginald Bonaparte Charlemagne StJohn reaches for the sword.. there is a bright FLASH and suddenly he's transformed!

OOC Not sure what into as I haven't statted him up. Will look at what you suggested but he team is lacking a mentalist.

Transforming back into his civilian form StJohn shakes his head. "I got visions, sounds, words, coming into my head. Think they were speaking German. This woman who has gone missing, was she captured by the Germans?"

"Yes, YES!" said Wonder Man, racing up and grabbing the earl by his arms.

"Steady on old chap, I'm not made of stone you know!" said the Earl.

Wonder Man let go "My apologies, but we need to help her, and if you can find out where she is...?"

OOC Go for broke +8/-12 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,9,+0 Total:20 (29) vs
Ov1 + 8 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,8,+0 Total:18 (27)
+2 (to 11) vs RV1 -12 GFB so RV-11=22 RAPs

'Prof Wynde. It's Faerie. Can you hear me?' says a voice in Prof Wyndes' head. 'I'm conscious, they took me prisoner and my powers are draining... I have only minutes left before I can't use many of my abilities... I can teleport back to Caer Alwyn I think but there's a chance they may be taking me to their lair in France where they make super soldiers... what do you want me to do?'

Prof Wynde blinked. The others were talking amongst themselves and to the new Earl and hadn't heard what he'd just heard.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sun Sep 06 2020, 23:19

"Get back here ... NOW!"

That problem will have to wait for another day.  They need to get back to the first case and finish it.

ooc: Just thought of this but having a mentalist that can detect those who could be Lore Knights would be useful. There are supposed to be a dozen of them. Or, you know, give him Sorcery and that takes care of a lot of problems. cheers rabbit
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 11:51

OOC Go for broke +8/-12 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 10,4,+0 Total:14 (23) vs
OV1 + GFB 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,7,+0 Total:8 (17)
+3 (to 12) vs RV1 - 12 so -11RV=23 RAPs

"You Nazi filth will get nothing from me!" gasps Fairie as the Nazi super agent hauls her up from the floor by her throat. She'd played possum and hoped to find out where the Nazi would be taking her - she was in the back of a truck.

"Ze Scientists vill study your powers woman. A most painful process Fraulein. You vill..."

His hand held... nothing.

Faerie appeared in the Room of Lore, slightly dirty and with a bruise under her eye but otherwise none the worse for wear!

Wonder Man gasped, ran over and hugged her, causing her to gasp as he squeezed a little too much. "Fred!" she gasped. "I can't..."

"Oh sorry!" he said, releasing her and then kissed her.

Everyone else looked about, checked their nails, shuffled feet, adjusted sleeves...

Finally they broke off and Faerie flushed. "Sorry Prof Wynde but I couldn't just leave you two there. When I saw them dragging the bodies of the two nazi super agents form the rubble I knew you'd beaten them, but I was blindsided by the other guy, the new one. I just about stayed conscious and planned to find out where they come from so we could... I don't know, shut them down. When I got in touch with you I was reminded that the power leaks away when we are too far away from this place." she said, looking around. Boudicea, Snaga and Major Oak moved in to hug her and the new Earl raises an eyebrow. "There'll be more discipline around here if I'm to be in charge!" he said, rapping the hilt of the sword on the oak table, getting peoples' attention.

Snaga glowered then glanced at Prof Wynde. "Until I hear otherwise, Prof Wynde is the leader."

The Earl turned to Prof Wynde. "And what do you say?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 07 2020, 14:13

Snaga glowered then glanced at Prof Wynde. "Until I hear otherwise, Prof Wynde is the leader."

The Earl turned to Prof Wynde. "And what do you say?"

Prof. Wynde Smiles at everyone.

"You forget, Snaga, I'm not a true Lore Knight. Neither is Wonderman. We just came along and took over because all previous Lore Knights were dead and you were starting cold and knew nothing about the job. And being from the future, I knew things that you didn't. The Earl here was always the one destined to be the leader of the team."

"We give him 3-4 hours to sleep then I will bring him more fully up to date as to what is going on and our previous actions, as well as a rundown on what each of you can do. I imagine after that, he will want to interview you and decide how best to use you. Then, we need to take down the Advent base in Scotland and free those people. After that ... well, I guess it would be time for me to move on. Either try to get back to my present or something else. OOP will help with that."

"So your Lordship, what say you get back to sleep and then I'll officially turn over the team to you after your rest and the briefing?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07 2020, 15:39

OOC See the Lore Knight thread for the first draft of The Ghost Knight (of WWII)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next