The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

2 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 5 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  Admin Mon Sep 21 2020, 08:33

Faerie nods and vanishes!

Prof Wynde keeps the howling wind up. In such a narrow and confined stairwell it is brutally effective. It can't blow the super dense armoured soldiers back, but they cannot move forward either and taking aim is hopeless as there are so many of them and a tangle of arms and legs.

==========

Major Oak kept firing a hail of thorns at whatever machines he could see.

Fires had broken out and the alarm continued to blare but Major Oak was standing in his newly grown forest around the compound. He was in his element. His bag of seeds still had some in but there was so much tree cover the enemies shooting at him could barely draw a bead on him. He wondered how the others were getting on when he heard a squeaky voice.

"Major Oak!" said Faerie. "We need you in there to grow some trees!"

"At least you guys are still ok!" said the young American. "Let's go!"

Major Oak and Faerie appeared in the room with the others and the newcomer gaped at the downed enemies. Wonder Man hopped over. "The thickest and strongest trees you can. This place is going to be a mess soon!"

Major Oak frowned then carefully placed acorns around the gate then doubled up on them.

Just then there was a huge CRACK! and the lift (stuck in the ceiling) bent and twisted as a gloved hand started tearing at the metal! Another of the Nazi Super Agents was about to break in!

OOC Major Oak Plant Growth 10 + Roll(2d12)+0: 5,1,+0 Total:6 POWER BURNOUT!

Major Oak waved a hand and... nothing. He rolled his eyes, tried again and ... again nothing. "Arrrgggh! It's happened again!"

Wonder Man glanced up and shook his head. "Guys, this is it. We need to pull the plug on this thing and you need to get out... whilst you still can!" he said as metal started tearing and Advent Troopers came into view. Luckily the same problem the Lore Knights had suffered (the durability of the metal) hampered the powerful Nazi Super Agents too!

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 5 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Sep 21 2020, 09:04

"No choice, everyone out except Wonderman. Faerie, grab me while I keep the winds going and everyone else form a circle around us."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 22 2020, 00:24

Snaga shook his head. "No, it cannot be like this!"

Faerie was torn but started gathering everyone in a ring. Ghost Knight paused then said "Good luck!"

OOC GFB +4/-6 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 9,8,+0 Total:17 (26) vs
OV1 + 4 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,4,+0 Total:5 (10)
+6 (to 15) vs RV1 - 6GFB so RV-5=20 RAPs. Teleport is 21 (range 28).

Wonder Man nodded to Snaga who turned away then nodded. He rushed over to the others and they watched as Wonder Man grabbed the largest two cables... then they vanished!

Wonder Man grit his teeth as Advent soldiers started pouring into the hall... he wrenched on the cables, the gate pulsed into life, then he shoved the machine at it!

The gate flashed, the machine was half in, half out when it exploded, and the building started collapsing around Wonder Man!

==========

Back at Caer Alwyn the Lore Knights collapsed onto the lawns in front of the manor.

Ghost Knight staggered to his feet. "What happened? Did Wonder Man do it?"

Snaga roared "We must go back for him!"

Major Oak looked sad. "If the explosion took out the compound, it might mean he did not survive..."

Boudicea shook her head. "Wonder Man was the toughest of us all. If anyone could survive it was him!"

Prof Wynde knew there would be deadly radiation about the place. If they went back, they'd be exposed to it...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 22 2020, 03:23

"Unless we have lead lined suits, we would get hit by the radiation," he explains.  "If it doesn't kill you within a few days from radiation poison, you are looking at cancer and other medical problems in ten years or less, depending on how large a dose you get.  Can your healing powers take care of radiation, Faerie?  If so, then pop in, grab him and pop back ... FAST!  But outside the building here.  Actually be better if you appeared by the shore  We will have to wash down the radioactive dust that will be clinging to your bodies and clothes.  So diving into the ocean should help a lot in getting rid of what radioactive dust is clinging to you.  If not, we will have to hope he can get back here on his own.  If we could get our hands on a Geiger counter we could know how close we can get and how soon.  I am really hoping the damage is only to the building and not the whole island.  I'm hoping we can save at least some of those people.  All innocents."

ooc:  Turns out the first Geiger Counter was made in 1928.  The tube to make it was first created about 20 years before that.  Who knew?  A better one was made in 1948.

And a second thought, since we have new folks joining us and I was planning on having Prof. Wynde leave the Lore Knights after this adventure, if any of them want to join him in WW2 they could join him then.  Since a couple of them are from the old All Stars Squadron PBEM game I was in, which was based off that old DC comic from the 80s, they might want to play in this time period too. [DANG!  Just realized I am now thinking of 1980s comics as old!  I was in my 20s then!]  drunken drunken drunken
That way they could play in 1940 and/or 1953 depending on their choices and you would still have the same number of adventures to try and handle, just more people in each one.    sunny
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 22 2020, 15:30

OOC I'll concentrate on the 50s game (statting up bad guys today and tomorrow so hopefully a start tomorrow) and see how the new players fit in/post. Some take to regular play by post others don't and you/Dave E set a punishing pace sometimes so it will take some adjustment! if they want to take on an existing character in the Lore Knights game that would be easier but no issues taking on a new character either. Should be more up to date by tomorrow onwards as I'm working afternoons/evenings and not rushing about so much.

Major Oak, a student in the 21st Century, called out "Prof! What if the radiation is too strong for Faerie? Fred might survive because... well, he's Wonder Man but if Faerie goes in there and succumbs, she and Wonder Man could both be stuck. I can teleport there now because of the trees I planted but I don't think I could withstand the radiation..."

"COWARD!" roared Snaga. "Send me back! I will help our comrade!" he roared.

Boudicea bristled "Now hold on a minute you can't call..."

Ghost Knight stood "ENOUGH! Only Prof Wynde and it seems Major Oak know anything about this... 'Radiation'. These suits you mention that are made of lead. How do they work? Would it not be cumbersome to be covered in such a metal?"

"When my powers return I can manipulate it, make these suits from a kind of chain mail I suppose." said Swordsmith.

Swashbuckler, quiet so far put up a hand. "We need to get back there when we recover. Ghost Knight is in no fit state, Snaga and Swordsmith have suffered from the same magic loss that afflicted me... we would be wandering into the place at half or less power and if this radiation stuff, whatever it is, really causes so much harm then we have to take a look from a distance first."

Major Oak stood near Snaga and muttered "I've had just about enough of him..." under his breath.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 22 2020, 16:13

"The problem is I don't know how close we can get before we are affected by the radiation.  100'?  A mile?  30 miles?  And you have all heard of Madame Curie, so you know about Radium as well as X-Rays.  Those are all forms for radiation.  Small doses, like when you get an X-Ray are not harmful but large doses can kill."

"Universities might have lead-lined suits if they are using radiation in experiments.  And yes, it's LEAD, so it is bulky and heavy.  And they might have Geiger counters too.  So ... we wait.  We wait until you all get your powers back.  We wait to see what happens.  Can anyone get their hands on a Geiger counter?  You have any pull with a university or laboratory that works with radium, Ghost Knight?  If so, borrow one and then we can teleport in about 50 miles away and move closer by increments, checking for the radiation levels to make sure that they are not at lethal levels."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 22 2020, 20:46

Swordsmith pondered. "The university I worked at will have had one. I wasn't considered important enough to use it but I'm sure I can find it."

He started to describe the location of the place and Major Oak/Faerie pondered their options to get there quickly.

The Earl took off his damaged amulet. "Until this gets replaced or repaired I'm pretty much useless old boy. No idea what sort of process that involves but I'll head down to the room of Lore and place it at the head of the table. Then wait I suppose. That means you're in charge though I suppose you never really stopped being in charge. They follow you and rightly so. It will take me time to adjust, to get used to this."

Snaga looked like a bear with a sore head and Prof Wynde saw him pacing about then he sighed and marched over to Major Oak. "Lad... I'm sorry... I just... I just don't want to leave a man behind. I feel the call of combat in my veins and running from a fight is against my nature. I lashed out at you and I'm sorry. I was wrong."

Major Oak shook his hand and the big warrior moved away. Waiting was required...

==========

Swordsmith regained his power, as did Snaga and the Lore Knights were ready to move on.

Working from descriptions of the university grounds Major Oak had teleported himself and Swordsmith there. Then they'd worked together in their civilian identities to break into the labs and retrieve the hefty box, though of course it weighed nothing to a Lore Knight.

Now they stood looking at it in a group.

"Doesn't look like much." said Swashbuckler, still subdued and sheepish as he tried to reintegrate into the group after his initial defection.

"The batteries won't last long." said Swordsmith. "Hope it works."

"I have my power back. I could... convert lead into a chainmail suit, if we can get enough of it."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 22 2020, 21:22

"Doesn't look like much." said Swashbuckler, still subdued and sheepish as he tried to reintegrate into the group after his initial defection.

"The batteries won't last long." said Swordsmith. "Hope it works."

"I have my power back. I could... convert lead into a chainmail suit, if we can get enough of it."

"I've never used one but these dials will tell us if we are in a high radiation area," Prof. Wynde says, pointing out the features he remembers from old sci-fi movies and such.

He looks over to the Earl.  "Think we can get enough lead for three suits," he asks.  "I don't know how much we need but maybe 45 lbs worth, so 15 lbs for each spread over our costumes or better yet, suits of armor.  We have lots of old suits of armor around here we can try wearing with the lead over it.  Major Oak, Snaga and I will go and look for Wonderman while the rest of you are here on stand-by." 

"There's still some lead mines around England that we could get some at if we can't find that much in the village or here.  Old Lead pipes, paint, toys and other such things ought to be around here.  Tell the folks its for the war effort and see what they can get us."

"Not sure how to remove radiation but my best guess is all three of us should take a long dip in the ocean to remove radioactive dust from our clothes and our bodies so we need to return there.  It's best you keep folks away from there and leave us strong harsh soap to use and  some heavy warm clothes to change into after our swim."

He looks over at Major Oak, "think you can teleport us outside the base where we can check the radiation and see how much damage has been done?  I want to be at least 3 miles away from the base when we first arrive.  I plan to use my wind powers to blow the wind away from us when we arrive to keep the radioactive fallout from ... falling on us, as much as possible."

ooc:  Originally I was just going to go with Major Oak but looking over the character sheets, Snaga is the only one with Sealed Systems which can be used to defend against radiation, so bringing him along in case one of us has to run into a high radiation area, gives him the best chance to survive.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 23 2020, 10:28

Ghost Knight nods. "That much I can do! We'll get the lead flashing from rooftops and the church. Oh there'll be some grumbles but I'll have more ordered and be on the roofs by the end of the week. Leave that to me!"

He marched off barking orders to the Butler who appeared as if by magic from around a corner and listened astutely.

That would take some time.

"Can I not go?" asked Swordsmith. "I can change the properties of the lead suit into chain mail for sure but if you need to make another suit we could bring metal with us and fashion it on the fly."

Snaga rolled his neck. "It stuck in my throat to leave Wonder Man behind. My natural aggression saw him as a rival but nothing could be further from the truth. I am proud to fight alongside him and call him a team mate. He is an example to us all and I will not rest until we discover his fate!"

Thornhill brought trays of food in and suggested those who were not going on the mission help with the lead retrieval as their superhuman abilities would make if far easier than estate workers pulling away with crowbars and hammers. They changed into their civilian clothing and got to it.

Prof Wynde sipped from a fine brandy looking out over the sculpted grounds of the estate. There was no sign of the recent battles and Caer Alwyn was peaceful. For now.

=========

A bath, an evening meal and a few hours sleep was ended with a tap on the door of Prof Wynde's room.

"Sir? Swordsmith has taken the lead and crafted chainmail suits for four of you." said Thornhill through the door. "You are ready to go."

Downstairs the Lore Knights were gathered in their civvies aside from Snaga, Major Oak and Swordsmith.

Ghost Knight, in a fine tweed suit, spoke up. "Until such time as the magic of this place restores my amulet I am out of action. That makes you de facto leader. Yours is the responsibility of bringing Wonder Man back to the fold, dead or alive." he said. Prof Wynde saw Faerie twitch as she heard that. Boudicea was head bowed and Swashbuckler lounged in a chair rolling a drink around.

Major Oak spoke up. "I can get us there in two hops. No problem."

"I can do it in one!" said Faerie, hopeful though she knew she wasn't going. "We'll be ready to help when you get back."

OOC Lead is very soft. I'm giving it a body of 1 for purposes of changing its shape for Swordsmith in these thin rolls.

MULTI on 3 Metal Manipulation 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 (25) vs
OV1 + 4 multi + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,7,+0 Total:10 (15)
+4 (to 18) vs RV1 + 4 Multi (RV5)=13 RAPs. Success.

Each chain mail suit has a body of 1 and sealed systems (vs radiation) of 14APs that stays in that form for 12 Hours.

With a wave of his hand Swordsmith changes a pile of lead into four made to measure suits.

"Amazing." muttered Ghost Knight. "Every time I see one of your abilities in action it astonishes me." said the Earl.

OOC Any preparations?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:23

OOC Lead is very soft. I'm giving it a body of 1 for purposes of changing its shape for Swordsmith in these thin rolls.

MULTI on 3 Metal Manipulation 14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,3,+0 Total:11 (25) vs
OV1 + 4 multi + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,7,+0 Total:10 (15)
+4 (to 18) vs RV1 + 4 Multi (RV5)=13 RAPs. Success.

Each chain mail suit has a body of 1 and sealed systems (vs radiation) of 14APs that stays in that form for 12 Hours.

With a wave of his hand Swordsmith changes a pile of lead into four made to measure suits.

"Amazing." muttered Ghost Knight. "Every time I see one of your abilities in action it astonishes me." said the Earl.

OOC Any preparations?

ooc: That's why I was figuring on layering it on some old suits of armor, give it a stronger base to latch onto.

"Let's find a tree on the beach so we know where to teleport back to," Prof. Wynde said as they readied themselves. "Then you folks put up a tent with some changes of clothing and towels. Some strong hot tea set on a small stove would be nice too. Make sure to put some strong soap outside the tent near the water line. Hmm... maybe some sandwiches as Wonderman might not have eaten in awhile."

"Can anyone think of anything else we need to do?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 23 2020, 12:35

With a wave of his hand Swordsmith arranged the armoured suits to have a layer of lead over them instead!

"They won't hopefully tear under their own weight this way." he said. "But the suits of armour might be a squeeze. They were shorter back in the middle ages."

With a wave of his hand the suits were now snug and more formed to each person with a decent guess for Wonder Man's build.

Thornhill the Butler looked aghast and the Earl face palmed at seeing antique priceless armour so casually modified.

"Oh, I can transform them back!" said Swordsmith nervously with a casual wave.

"yes, you can." said Thornhill the butler, with as much frost on his voice as he could muster!

"I shall pack food sirs." said the Butler who left after a glance at the now - to his eyes - ruined armour!

Swashbuckler came up "I know I let you down by leaving, I just wanted to say I'm going nowhere now. Churchill can find someone else to do his dirty work."

Faerie waited until Swashbuckler had gone and spoke quietly to Prof Wynde. "I... can you make sure to bring Fred back safely? There's something I have to... to say to him." she smiled weakly and walked away.

Snaga had a drink in his hand. "Lets be off before this lot start blubbing." he muttered.

=========

Two jumps later and they were overlooking the shore on the Isle of Harris under the shade of a tree, although it was knight time.

Swordsmith had Wonder Man's armour in a fishing net and there was no way to move quietly with it, nor in it as the team donned the suits.

"Want me to wait here or get closer with you?" asked Major Oak. "I have a whole bunch of acorns and seeds with me. I'm thinking of coming back here and foresting the place."

Snaga slid some leg pieces on and fumbled with ties. "Laddie, we need someone ta get us out if it goes south. No telling who or what is in there after we trashed the place for em. Fred's alive, I know it, and we need ta get in an out. You just be read and make sure you do yer bit. I have every faith in ye."

Swordsmith added "What of me? Do you want me in there too? I'll make a sword, make myself useful." he said.

Prof Wynde looked around and got his bearings. They were a few miles from the compound as far as he could tell and could walk - avoiding patrols - or teleport closer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Wed Sep 23 2020, 13:33

"Let's see what the radiation counter says," he replies, slinging out the device and activating it.  "And I'm really reluctant to split us up.  We may have to move fast and teleport out of there.  And your metal control may help in digging Wonderman out if he is buried under the debris."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 16:13

Fiddling with the device the counter showed... nothing.

Prof Wynde frowned. The Aliens used technology not invented yet in the 21st century (at least to a commercial level, super scientists had been coming up with gadgets that were far beyond conventional science for decades.) but they'd have to get closer to pick up the radiation.

"Does that mean there isn't any of this ready shun?" asked Snaga from within the bulky metal armour.

Major Oak said "Gather closer. I'm teleporting us to those distant trees, then we'll keep checking."

Three hops later and they were in sight of the compound. The geiger counter registered a flicker more than normal. The base itself was a mess. Smoke spiralled into the sky, Advent soldiers/Citizens scurried around like ants, removing rubble to dump outside of the base and one of those Giant Robots that had attacked at Caer Alwyn was helping with the REALLY heavy lifting. The main (very large) building had collapsed where the roof and walls had fallen into where the gate had been. Jets of water were pumped into the place.

"They ripped my trees up." muttered Major Oak. He placed an acorn on the floor and grew it instantly to eight feet high. "We can teleport back here when needed. In fact... " he crouched down in the darkness and hopped off, 200 yards at a time to quickly arrive on a distant hillside, plant another acorn, grow it to a reasonable height and teleport back to where the group was.

"Get to a tree if you get separated. Give me a couple of minutes and I'll have scattered a few more trees about in strategic locations..." he said before bounding away into the darkness.

"The boy is more useful than I thought." said Snaga. "He just needs to find his way. Not the best fighter but all round? Useful."

They would have to get closer for the Geiger Counter to be of use and tell them how bad things were. Prof Wynde suspected Wonder Man would be alright from radiation but couldn't be sure. From their current location - half a mile away crouched on a hill looking down in the valley from behind a dry stone wall - the base was a hive of activity as they sought to clear the mess and the damage and get to Wonder Man, at the heart of it... the clock was ticking...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 17:59

Detect Magic to see if the magic power source is still there or not and if Wonderman is there or not.  Yay Magic Ring with no defenses against detection.

"Not sure why the Advent is still here if their power source has dried up," Prof. Wynde muttered to the others, "Or why the civilians are still under mind control.  Let's see if I can find Wonderman's magic signature down there.  IF it's not there, then we have to figure out where he is."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 18:24

Sharper eyed than the others (OOC Int9/Will 6) Swordsmith points out "That's odd."

"Where?" asked Snaga. Swordsmith pointed and all eyes drew to where he was pointing. An Advent solider face down on the floor. A few feet away, another.

Glancing about the compound, there appeared to be a dozen or more of the Advent Soldier suits which had simply 'turned off'.

Prof Wynde detected magic. He could sense there was magic there, but not the strength or type (OOC as per Magic Sense description. A more useful power would be to add +FC but able to determine all magical abilities, strength and type whether artefact or not etc).

It was - as before - located in the the now mostly collapsed main building where the Giant Robot was pulling at I beams and walls and moving them to the side of the compound.

"I wonder if I could take down that robot." said Swordsmith.

Snaga grinned and held up his axe. "I know I can. Say the word Prof. We'll clank into action in these suits..."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 19:03

ooc  Can I determine if there is two or more sources of magic?  And how many foes do we have in sight?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 24 2020, 19:28

OOC one source of magic or two very close to each other so as to be indistinguishable. A quick count reveals around thirty Advent soldiers scattered across the compound. They have superhuman strength (about 20 tons) and are lifting/moving rubble rocks and machines to clear a space.

There is a giant robot moving the heavier stuff and it towers over the compound. There are guards in the towers and Prof Wynde counts four towers that might be able to draw fire on targets. A straight up fight against the four of you would I think go badly for the Lore Knights... That said, Swordsmith doing his thing against weapons, that robot, maybe even the Advent suits...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 24 2020, 20:00

"Swordsmith, what's your range for your powers," Prof. Wynde asks.  "If you can take out the robot and then their weapons, we can take them.  If not ...?"

"How about you, Major Oak?  Do you think you can grow some big trees and vines and use them to dig down to Wonderman and the magic source down there? Dig them out while the rest of take on all these foes?  We hit them first and then you move in and take the Geiger Counter with you to make sure you are not getting a lethal dose of radiation when you appear there."

ooc:  And if both answer to those questions with "yes" then we will attack.  With Prof. Wynde stating, "I will try to blow away the largest group of them [2 APs high, 4 APS wide and 4 APs deep, if possible or alter to best fit for the numbers he is going after].  The rest of you take out those towers, knock them down.  Then hit targets of opportunity."

If no, then ...  take out the robot and then teleport away.  With the idea of hit and run tactics for the rest of the day until we achieve superiority.

ooc:  And just you watch, I'm totally convinced both those guys are going to burn out their powers once we do this. I'm just that negative on the whole "burn out" disad.    Neutral
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 01:56

Swordsmith frowned. "My eyes are pretty good but targeting from here wouldn't be too successful." he admitted. "The closer the better."

"My plants are strong but not enough to move all that lot." said Major Oak.

Snaga frowned. "Maybe... we should wait and let them do the digging for us. Otherwise we'll scrag that lot then have to do it ourselves."

"I could make us all shovels!" said Swordsmith, helpfully.

"Great." muttered Snaga. He turned to Prof Wynde. "We could attack them and draw them away or... look."

The group looked again. More of the Advent soldiers had slumped, fallen down where they stood. The others ignored them but now at least half of the Advent soldiers/enslaved citizens were lying prone on the floor.

"What's happening?" asked Major Oak. "It's like... like they are turning off."

Snaga raised an eyebrow. "Maybe all we have to do is wait. Hopefully that Robot will keel over, but if it doesn't..." he narrowed his eyes and thumbed the edge of his axe.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 25 2020, 03:00

"Yeah, lets wait and see. Maybe we can get in just a bit closer while we wait," Prof. Wynde decides. "Just got to remember to check the Geiger Counter to make sure there's not more radioactivity than is safe. Though honest, I'm not a nuclear scientist, I'm an assistant to a millionaire Antiques Dealer. If you want to know how much an antique is worth, including these very ancient suits of armor we "defiled" then I'm your man. Ask me what is a safe level of radiation and for how long, haven't a clue. If the Counter starts clicking wildly, we need to get out. That's about all I know."

"Still, I figured that there should be more radiation than there is. Maybe ... a lot of it went through the gate into the future?"

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 25 2020, 11:32

Major Oak pondered. "I think this thing." he said referring to the box "must have a limited range. Plus these guys must know that their rank and file troops - the ones in the armour who are keeling over - aren't resistant to radiation so the priority must be limiting it or getting rid of it completely."

They watched as another few soldiers collapsed into the rubble without warning.

"At this rate there'll be no one left to fight!" hissed Snaga. "I got dressed up for nothing! At least that Robot hasn't keeled over yet."

They settled down to watch from behind the cover of a dry stone wall and saw even more of the Advent/Nazi troopers/Civilians drop. They might have been lifting something or carrying it, or walking to the next clean up place, but they collapsed and soon the only thing left moving was the fifty foot high robot which methodically moved rubble and debris, a huge hand at a time.

"Looks like it's time to move." said Snaga, itching to swing his axe. "First dibs on th' beastie!" he grinned.

Calm before the storm? A trap? Or... had taking the gate out somehow severed some connection or other so that the means of controlling the civilians inside those suits was gone? Furthermore, with so much radiation about would they be protected inside the suits or would they perish as time went on?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 25 2020, 12:05

ooc: How about the guys in the tower? Did they collapse too or still "on duty"?
If they are still up, then have Swordsmith handle the robot while the rest of us handle the men still in the towers. Otherwise, pile on the robot and if possible, team attack it.

Prof Wynde using magic blast against guards, and directed wind blast against robot.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 26 2020, 11:27

OOC The guys in the towers are also slumped over. The only thing anyone can see moving is the giant robot but there are dozens of buildings and someone could be lurking in there...

Checking armour and nervous about radiation the Lore Knights teleported into the shadow of a tree thanks to Major Oak and stood just outside the chain link fence that surrounded the compound.

The Robot worked methodically, uncaring of the fact the others who had been aiding it were now lying prone.

Snaga hissed "I'm going in to take that thing out! Everyone stand clear when it falls!"

OOC Charging in or hanging back? The weight of the robot may well hamper your ability to blow it backwards, mind...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Sep 26 2020, 14:33

ooc:  I'll let Snaga and Swordsmith take it on while the rest of us hang back, ready to take on whoever might come out. I would probably do zero damage to it unless I did a dev attack and got double 12s.

"Swordsmith, you and Snaga take it on. We will keep our eyes out for anyone else that might pop out of the buildings and take them on if they do."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 28 2020, 09:25

Swordsmith says "I can turn it's metal body into..."

"No!" hissed Snaga. "Follow my lead! Your power IS effective, but you need to fight too! Create a sword then hack at the thing! Yo9u'll find it SO satisfying!"

Major Oak glanced at Prof Wynde and shrugged. The easy way to take the thing down would be Swordsmith but Snaga seemed eager to use that mighty axe!

OOC initiative... the Robot can't win so the Lore Knights leap/run across to it. Not bothering with stealth they pull their weapons out and start smashing at the robot!

Snaga Adren Surge GFB+4/-6 AS14 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,8,+0 Total:20 (34) vs
OV6 + GFB 4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,7,+0 Total:14 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 5,10,+0 Total:29 (39) Adren Surge Failed

"Ach!" cried Snaga, shaking the Axe... "The magic is playing up again!"

OOC He swings anyway!

CRIT BLOW AV9 + 4D weaponry + Roll(6d12)+0: 1,10,10,4,5,11,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 8,5,+0 Total:33 (42) vs
OV5 (grown) + CB4 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,7,+0 Total:18 (27)
+5 (to 11) vs RV19 -6 CB so Rv13=0 Damage

The Axe PINGS off the robot's hide and ... doesn't really leave a mark though the paint is scuffed.

"Should I still use my sword?" asks Swordsmith. Looking up at the RObot towering over them Snaga shouts "Yes! Remember, practise!"

With a shrug Swordsmith swings at the robot!

OOC Dev Attack AV9 + 4D Weaponry + Roll(6d12)+0: 11,2,11,3,4,12,+0 Total:22 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,5,+0 Total:37 (46) vs
OV5 + Dev Att 8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 11,5,+0 Total:16 (29)
+6 (to 20) vs RV19 - 12 D Att so RV7=13 RAPs. Kinetic Absorption is burned out and the robot is DOWN and OUT!

With a series of slashes Swordsmith smashes the Robots giant legs from underneath it then leaps on its chest smashing and slashing! A moment later he stands next to it and turns to Snaga. "How was that?"

"No one likes a braggart." muttered Snaga. He looked around at the downed Advent soldiers and nudged one with his foot. Then he waved Prof Wynde and Major Oak over.

"Whatever else happened when taking the gate out, it seems to have 'turned off' the suits they wear. We should try to get the people out and away from this place." said Snaga.

Prof Wynde was operating the machine and though radiation registered it wasn't too far into the red zone. Still alright for humans to endure but long term exposure would be dangerous.

"We're not alone here." said Major Oak. "I can still detect evil." he said as they stood in the ruins of the main large building but there were dozens of other untouched buildings. "Somewhere over there." he said pointing at a set of two storey buildings.

"More enemies to smite!" said Snaga.

Swordsmith looked doubtful. "The robot was slow and easy to hit. Let's not get ahead of ourselves!"

Prof Wynde looked about. Then he saw them.

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 5 Nazi-Super-Agents-team

Stood on a rooftop looking about at the devastation wrought by the collapse of the main building one of the grey suited Nazi Super Agents shouted "What have you done? Fools! You shall pay for your meddling!" The others stood near him were adjusting uniforms and helmets as if they were suddenly plunged into a situation they were not ready for.

OOC Five Nazi Super Agents albeit GREEN/Untested and Untrained. They stand 100' away and ready to attack the Lore Knights! The place is otherwise littered with prone Advent soldiers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next