The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

2 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 10 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 26 2020, 19:47

Looks okay and I like
1) Reduces the effective range of someone trying to sense the Obscure character by the APs of Obscure. So if Prof Wynde with Magic Sense 10 uses it against someone with Obscure 7 he would need be in 10-7=3AP or 80 feet distance to detect him...

Of course if someone took that +1FC of Know Strength I think that the second one comes into affect ... or not. Though they do seem to have come up with an interesting way to see how connected to the world of magic you are, if you do it. That magic sense strength gauge table looks interesting.

Looking it over [pg 84-85], I think Prof. Wynde would wind up like this:
OV/RV - 11 [magic blast]+2 [High Connection or Omni-Connection for him]+3 [Occultist skill]+0[Obscure]= 16 which just puts him inside the "Strong" Mystic Strength category. Getting Obscure kicked him over into it, otherwise his Mystic Strength would be "High".

So if he gets back to the 21st Century and proves his strength, he will no longer be an OOPS[econd class] Mage but an OOPF[irst class] Mage or maybe higher like an OOPM[aster class] Mage. lol! lol!

I would like to see Wonderman get Obscure too so his magic ring isn't blaring out to everyone that he has magic on him, well reduce the range to detect him, maybe raise a point each time we get the end of adventure HP. Give him some Accuracy with his punch unless it can be used on his Martial Arts skill, which amounts to the same thing. IF he has the points, buy Systemic Antidote with the +1 Old Age Defense. Then just kind of follow the Captain Marvel path for powers and stats.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 10 Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 21:24

OOC Wonder Man gets 192HP. take a look if you get chance at his character sheet and see if there's anything that stands out as being worthwhile to boost...
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Nov 26 2020, 21:53

Admin wrote:OOC Wonder Man gets 192HP. take a look if you get chance at his character sheet and see if there's anything that stands out as being worthwhile to boost...

Since Wynde's best stat and attack is 11 and Wonderman's is 13, I don't want to raise his Phys Stats above 13 until I am ready to get Prof. Wynde up to that level.

So suggestions are, no real order:

1. Dex and Body to 13.
2. Accuracy in Martial Arts.
3. Systemic Antidote with +1FC Old Age Defense.
4. Get Obscure
5. Raising Acrobatics, Martial Arts, Military Science, Thief.
6. Raising all listed powers up to 8 if they aren't there yet.
7. Get Flight with 0-1 APs in it. Superman started Jumping as has Wonderman, then learned to kick his feet at superspeed to halt his rise in the air if he jumped too high. He also was able to stay halted in one place at the top of his jump for longer than normal before falling Then used that kicking and holding out his cape to sort of direct his fall. From there, he slowly learned to fly. Could do the same with Wonderman.
8. Invulnerability
9. Superspeed
10. Telescopic Vision
11. Invisibility

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Nov 26 2020, 22:58

OOC Thoughts...
1. Dex and Body to 13.
Wonderman is a supporting NPC for P Wynde so no problem with throttling his progress to stop a gap forming up in power but Prof Wynde has been heckuva lot more effective thus far!
2. Accuracy in Martial Arts.
Martial Artist IS accuracy for punching with fists. Accuracy is for other dice actions for powers and perception
3. Systemic Antidote with +1FC Old Age Defense.
Rarely used, probably one to buy base cost for and increase slowly
4. Get Obscure
Need a few more points but yeah, it's on the list o stuff to get
5. Raising Acrobatics, Martial Arts, Military Science, Thief.
Very Pricey!
6. Raising all listed powers up to 8 if they aren't there yet.
Something to aspire to
7. Get Flight with 0-1 APs in it. Superman started Jumping as has Wonderman, then learned to kick his feet at superspeed to halt his rise in the air if he jumped too high. He also was able to stay halted in one place at the top of his jump for longer than normal before falling Then used that kicking and holding out his cape to sort of direct his fall. From there, he slowly learned to fly. Could do the same with Wonderman.
How about ... Air Walking?
8. Invulnerability
Hopeless power and mis-named in my opinion. You need stack loads of APs for it to be useful
9. Superspeed
Costs looooaaaaaaadddddssss
10. Telescopic Vision
Not as useful as it is for Prof Wynde but it is useful
11. Invisibility
Hmmm. Left field. I was thinking Telekinesis as its the kind of power a 30s Super guy would learn doing after a while anyway and at 5APs without the ring he drops to 2APs, still handy to retrieve the ring from a table when he's locked up in a cell. And he can fly with it, and it sort of explains his super strength. If the character lasted any length of time I'd expect new powers to pop up every issue...

I'll have a look and see what I come up with. Maybe best holding onto the points for Flight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 27 2020, 01:46

PW been more effective because he has more than one attack and both are at range. WM only has punching. What WM needs is Accuracy in some power so he can do multi-attacks without having to take so many minuses.

I was thinking telescopic so Wonderman doesn't take minuses when he leaps to punch someone in the air but if that isn't factored in for leaping into combat at range, he wouldn't need it.

Air Walking sounds like a good idea too.

I think him eventually getting some kind of ranged power would also be a good idea too.

Invisibility just popped into my head as it is a classic power since times past - rings of invisibility, cloaks of invisibility, potions of invisibility, the Invisible Man, etc.

Need Charisma skill to help make Shouting a better power. Add in Super-Ventriloquism and/or Sonic Blast/Beam. If I am reading it right, someone with this power can Shout even before his initiative and try to "freeze" a higher init person with his oratory, as long as they are in 2 APs of them. In a team, this would be good as it could "freeze" a higher init villain in place long enough for the others to then team attack said villain. With Charisma added in, its possible WM could use it to convince groups of enemy soldiers to run away or surrender. But it is probably a pretty weak power overall by itself. But ... as "in", wouldn't be a bad thing to develop Sonic Beam.

So how about we give him Sonic Beam and Accuracy with that power? 15BC, 4FC. So 150 + 0 for 0 APs and the remaining points 42 HP into that power.
He won't be able to do anything with it this next adventure but will be set up to raise it a 1-3 AP ever adventure after that until it becomes useful.

OR

He could get Mental Blast 15BC/3FC or Lightning - same cost or Energy Blast - same cost. So one of those would be 150 BC + 30FC per AP. He could get 1 AP of the power and have 12 HP left to buy Accuracy with the power. Or just buy the power and have 42 HP to spend on Accuracy with that power, then next adventures buy as many APs of the power as he can until it reaches 13 APs of power.

OR

Turn him into a super strong Iron Fist.
Give him Energy Blast with the -1FC No Range or No AV Limitation [pg 58 - kind of confused by the explanation]. So it would be 2FC [or 20] per AP to 8. Still get 1 ap of power but have 22 HP to buy Accuracy with. Then at the end of the next adventure, he could dump 140 AP into the power to give himself 8 AP of Energy Blast Fist with. Then the adventure after that, he could spend another 90 HP to give himself 11 AP of Energy Blast Fist or 150 HP for 13 Energy Blast Fist.

Any of these will allow him to buy Accuracy for the power, which means he will be way more effective doing multi-attacks. And with his running and jumping, he can multi-attack 5-6 foes at a time.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Nov 27 2020, 09:21

OOC No range means touch and using Dex which he can use with Martial Arts. That old shtick Burn Out is probably a much cheaper bet dropping it to factor cost one and getting a few APs next time round. Food for thought. Will have a look through stuff see if there is something that can be added that might be of some use in this adventure but I suspect that it will be a next adventure thing. Besides, a mountain dropped on top of him! He might not be alive!

I'll get a new issue up in the next day or so, just juggling house hunting, will have my son today and also what to buy for Wonder Man...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Nov 27 2020, 09:52

Yeah I just woke up wide awake going "Dang! No Range attack is the same as using strength with Martial arts!" Sleep Sleep affraid affraid

So better to go Mental Blast/Energy Blast/Lightning with enough burn out to drop the FC from 3 to 1. Have 0 APs in it, spend the points on Accuracy and then next adventure use most of the HP to buy up the blast.

Now to read what you've written on the other adventures and back to bed for a few more hours.

geek geek
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 30 2020, 15:21

OR

He could get Mental Blast 15BC/3FC or Lightning - same cost or Energy Blast - same cost. So one of those would be 150 BC + 30FC per AP. He could get 1 AP of the power and have 12 HP left to buy Accuracy with the power. Or just buy the power and have 42 HP to spend on Accuracy with that power, then next adventures buy as many APs of the power as he can until it reaches 13 APs of power.

192 HP to spend.

How about Wonderman gets either Lightning Blast or Energy Blast and he gets the low level burn out that gets him -1FC? So that would be 150 BC, 20FC.
I'm thinking energy blast would be best. Let's go with Force Beams from his eyes, like Cyclops. Buy at 0 AP and spend the remaining 42 HP on Accuracy with the power. Only time it will be that cheap. Won't help him with the upcoming adventure but it is in place for a big reveal in the next one.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 30 2020, 16:29

OOC Went with a serious burnout as #4 instead of #3 is pretty unlikely (but much less than #6 which springs up every adventure).

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! - Page 10 Wonder-Man-NOV-2020

It will cost 140Hp to get to Accuracy 7 and 10/point to 8 15/point to 15 for Wondy but it's a start.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Nov 30 2020, 16:47

yep, gives him a ranged attack and a better chance to do mutli-attack when he finally gets points into it. cyclops
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 02 2020, 18:32

OOC I'll lock this off. New issue has been up a couple of days Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10