The Vanguard Play by Post Roleplaying Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

2 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Empty LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  Admin Fri Aug 28 2020, 19:02

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Lore-knights-issue-2

"What's the plan? We have two team members who have run out of magic power, another who is uncertain at best and another who is pretty much a pacifist, though a pretty one." whispered Wonder Man as he crouched next to Prof Wynde.

"We could get out of here and come back once the team has recuperated... Or I guess we can leap in there and see what we can do about taking that gate out." said the hero.

Prof Wynde looked at the gate. It flashed as he did so and he got a glimpse of somewhere else. The gate detected as magic but was also enhanced by science. This could well be a gate from the future into the past, able to transport personnel and equipment that the Nazis and their ADVENT allies could use to overthrow the British government and install a new regime, effectively ending the war just as it was starting!

Snaga shimmied over and hissed "They will be aware that the complex has been under attack and look to be on alert. I know me and Boudicea are needing a recharge but I was thinking we can't miss this opportunity. We might come back later and find this place empty!"

He had a point. ADVENT was efficient and didn't mess around!

Attack as a weakened group against dozens of soldiers and their 'hit squad' or retreat to fight another day?

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Tables_draft_v2_higher_resLORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://darkeningshadows.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Aug 28 2020, 21:16

"Faerie, let's you and I try our hand at Negating that magic gate and see what happens," Prof. Wynde finally decides.  "If it goes down, that means no more reinforcements for them.  If it stays up, we may have to retreat and try again later.  You can teleport us right back here when we need to, yes?"

ooc:  This assumes that the gate is large enough to be close enough not to have range minuses if we attack it.  If we have to move closer to avoid those, may have to rethink the plan.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Empty Re: LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man!

Post  Admin Sat Aug 29 2020, 15:04

OOC Just a heads up. To time travel 80 years back in time requires a Time Travel power of 30APs so your 10AP negate might not do it... Better to disable the machines that power the thing and remove the magical sources rather than hope for a roll of... you know what, probably hundreds. 10 vs 30 just doesn't go...

Wonder Man hissed "Wait! They may have some means of detecting you. They are already looking out for someone. Maybe we can scout about, find some other way of turning that thing off. It's a machine right? What does it run on? It may be as simple a thing as unplugging it..."

Major Oak looked at the gate. "Prof... if that gate is two way... we can get back to our own time! Maybe bring some help back!"

Snaga, keeping watch out mutters "Whatever you're doing, we need to do it fast. There's a group of soldiers headed in this direction and those beasties at the gate don't look like dummies either. Whatever that ball thing is hovering in front of the gate doesn't look a pushover either. Without our magic to power up our weapons Boudicea and I are no use in a fight."

"Are you saying we should retreat?" asked Boudicea.

Snaga looked like he was chewing a wasp. "Ack! Yes.. Yes I am. We barely got out of the factory upstairs and these things look a whole different order of getting our backsides kicked. I'd rather get back here and see if my axe can chop through those scumbags without having to hold back!"

Wonder Man winced and nodded. "He has a point. Faerie, can you teleport us back to this point?"

"Yes, maybe all the way from Caer Alwyn." she replied.

Snaga turned to Prof Wynde. "The guards are coming over here! I don't think they've found us but they will if they get any closer!"

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Tables_draft_v2_higher_resLORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Combat-Maneuver-stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Aug 29 2020, 17:42

"Dangit! Retreat and we heal up and try again tonight," Prof. Wynde decides.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 29 2020, 20:16

The soldiers got closer and Faerie gestured for the group to huddle around...

"I'll try my best!" she whispered and shut her eyes, holding hands with Wonder Man on one side and Boudicea on the other...

OOC Go For Broke +4/-6 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,9,+0 Total:11 (20) vs
OV1 + 4 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 3,4,+0 Total:7 (12)
+4 (to 13) vs RV1 -6 GFB so RV-5=18 RAPs. That'll do.

Suddenly the group were back in the grounds of Caer Alwyn!

"That was close!" said Wonder Man!

Snag "Ugh. Hate when we do that." he said, bending over and trying not to be sick.

Boudicea slumped onto a low wall. "Hopefully the magic will restore itself. It seems to be when we are too far away from this place... "

"it affects you and Snaga the most. And Swashbuckler, he was... affected too." said Major Oak, voice trailing off.

Wonder Man gathered himself and glanced at Major Oak before turning to Prof Wynde. "Kid's got a point. We seemed to be outnumbered and outgunned. When we go back to that place we'll be on the back foot, and we won't have long. They know they've been discovered. The clock is ticking."

"Ummm... excuse me?" said a voice. "Sorry I don't know what I'm doing here, but there was the weirdest thing... a booming in my head and I had to get here... but I don't know why..."

Everyone turned to the voice's owner...

OOC You're getting a new team mate (NPC) any thoughts on what kind of character you'd like it to be? It will be 675HP with a loss all (like the others) when away from Britain. You're short of a mentalist, probably have enough bricks and Major Oak is kind of the odd one out as he's not been very useful so far...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Sat Aug 29 2020, 20:27

"Ummm... excuse me?" said a voice. "Sorry I don't know what I'm doing here, but there was the weirdest thing... a booming in my head and I had to get here... but I don't know why..."

OOC You're getting a new team mate (NPC) any thoughts on what kind of character you'd like it to be? It will be 675HP with a loss all (like the others) when away from Britain. You're short of a mentalist, probably have enough bricks and Major Oak is kind of the odd one out as he's not been very useful so far...

let me think on it a bit.

Set up an OOC topic on the Lore Knights on my first idea of a new Lore Knight.

Last edited by DavidMcMahon on Sat Aug 29 2020, 22:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Aug 30 2020, 18:33

OOC yup, posted first draft of Swordsmith. take a look...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Aug 31 2020, 12:06

"Hello," Prof. Wynde says with a weary smile. "And who might you be?"

ooc; Guess we are far enough along in character creation to continue.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 31 2020, 19:14

The overweight man in threadbare tweed coat, balding and with glasses perched on his nose looked about. "Oh my. I... why am I here? I felt... compelled... to come here even though I've never been to this place in my life!"

Snaga frowned. "HE has been summoned by the land as it's protector? Bizarre."

"Appearances can be deceptive!" said Boudicea. "And we are a man down, two if you count the Earl himself."

"True." said Snaga.

Wonder Man moved forward. "I'm Wonder Man. This is Prof Wynde, our leader and we... are the LORE KNIGHTS, protectors of the land of Britain and her allies!"

Faerie appeared in human size and shook the bewildered man's hand. "I sense no evil in him. Who are you, sir?"

"Madam, I am Archibald Hunter, metallurgist and until recently Professor at Leeds university but my post was cut and I was handed my sign up papers. Unfortunately I failed the medicals so I'm at a loose end... until I woke with a need to silence a 'Booming' sound in my head and as I got nearer this place, the sound abated... Tell me... does this make any sense?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Aug 31 2020, 19:45

"Perfect sense," Prof. Wynde says with a rueful smile. "Most here experienced the same thing. It's magic. The Land of Briton has summoned you here to become the latest in a long line of defenders of the realm, going back hundreds if not more than a thousand years. You have a choice, walk away and you will never hear the summoning ever again. or accept a chance to fight for Briton, and possibly lose your life in doing so. If you choose to join us, you will be given great power to go with that great responsibility."

If he walks away, we pony up some bus fare and enough for him to get a room and a couple of meals.

If he decides to stay, we lead him down into the Meeting Room [do we have a better name for that?] and have him sit where he feels he should be sitting, taking up the sword that lies in front of that chair.

DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 31 2020, 20:36

OOC The room of swords?

"I... feel a need to do my part, if only I had the chance." said the overweight, over the hill Professor wiping off mild sweat with a handkerchief. "I would normally ask why you are so outlandishly dressed but given the nature of why I am here, feel it would be redundant."

He followed Prof Wynde and the others through the house and into the hidden stairwell to lead down into the lower level, through the catacombs and into the room of swords.

Twelve places there were around the table and seven swords remained, lying on the table in front of each chair. Where swords had been taken up there was no sword but a name was carved into the chair with "Faerie, Snaga, Boudicea, Major Oak, Swashbuckler" etched into the ancient worn chairs. In front of Swashbucklers chair was the ghostly outline of a sword. As Prof Wynde watched it became - minutely and very very slowly - more distinct.

"What can that mean?" asked Faerie?

OOC infl 10 + 3D Occultist + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,4,1,7,5,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,5,+0 Total:16 (26) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (18)
+4 (to 15) vs RV7=8 RAPs

1) Each sword grants the summoned wielder magical powers
2-3) The land provides the magical power and abilities, and the further away you get from the land the weaker the link to the magic becomes.
4-6) Eventually the link becomes so weak over a matter of hours that the sword is transported back (gradually) to this place, the Sword Room at Caer Alwyn leaving the wielder powerless and reduced to the status of an ordinary human. To regain their powers the wielder must return to this place and take up the sword again.
7-10) judging by the look of that sword and the way it is slowly changing from a ghostlike image to become more solid Prof Wynde figures that the process of Swashbuckler losing his abilities has begun and in a few short hours he will be powerless and behind enemy lines! If he were on the island of Britain that sword would not be there at all...

Archibald moves around the table then stops and moves back two seats, sitting down next to the one etched "Snaga". He sits in the chair, looks around the table then at the others. "This feels... right..." he breathes quietly.

He reaches for the sword...

There is a flash of light and a hulking armoured figure stands in the place of the portly Professor, examining his armoured hands and flexing the fists. "I feel... stronger..." said a deep voice from within the helm. "This is ... POWER!" he exclaims...

He turns slowly, looking at the Lore Knights. "There must be some use for this power!" he says. "Do we... go to fight the Nazis overseas or ... are there dangers closer to home?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Aug 31 2020, 21:53

ooc: The Room of Swords is kind of weak. It should have some kind of stately name burdened with history. I just don't have a good idea at the moment. We could call is the Round Table Chamber. Or Knightly Meeting Place. [bleh!] Chamber of Lore! How about that? Isn't many of the journals of previous Lore Knights also in this room? If so, that names seems to have the weight of history to it.

Oops! Dinner time, will answer later to our new member.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Mon Aug 31 2020, 22:57

Admin wrote:OOC The room of swords?

"I... feel a need to do my part, if only I had the chance." said the overweight, over the hill Professor wiping off mild sweat with a handkerchief. "I would normally ask why you are so outlandishly dressed but given the nature of why I am here, feel it would be redundant."

He followed Prof Wynde and the others through the house and into the hidden stairwell to lead down into the lower level, through the catacombs and into the room of swords.

Twelve places there were around the table and seven swords remained, lying on the table in front of each chair. Where swords had been taken up there was no sword but a name was carved into the chair with "Faerie, Snaga, Boudicea, Major Oak, Swashbuckler" etched into the ancient worn chairs. In front of Swashbucklers chair was the ghostly outline of a sword. As Prof Wynde watched it became - minutely and very very slowly - more distinct.

"What can that mean?" asked Faerie?

OOC infl 10 + 3D Occultist + Roll(5d12)+0: 4,4,1,7,5,+0 Total:8 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 3,5,+0 Total:16 (26) vs
OV7 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,4,+0 Total:11 (18)
+4 (to 15) vs RV7=8 RAPs

1) Each sword grants the summoned wielder magical powers
2-3) The land provides the magical power and abilities, and the further away you get from the land the weaker the link to the magic becomes.
4-6) Eventually the link becomes so weak over a matter of hours that the sword is transported back (gradually) to this place, the Sword Room at Caer Alwyn leaving the wielder powerless and reduced to the status of an ordinary human. To regain their powers the wielder must return to this place and take up the sword again.
7-10) judging by the look of that sword and the way it is slowly changing from a ghostlike image to become more solid Prof Wynde figures that the process of Swashbuckler losing his abilities has begun and in a few short hours he will be powerless and behind enemy lines! If he were on the island of Britain that sword would not be there at all...

Archibald moves around the table then stops and moves back two seats, sitting down next to the one etched "Snaga". He sits in the chair, looks around the table then at the others. "This feels... right..." he breathes quietly.

He reaches for the sword...

There is a flash of light and a hulking armoured figure stands in the place of the portly Professor, examining his armoured hands and flexing the fists. "I feel... stronger..." said a deep voice from within the helm. "This is ... POWER!" he exclaims...

He turns slowly, looking at the Lore Knights. "There must be some use for this power!" he says. "Do we... go to fight the Nazis overseas or ... are there dangers closer to home?"

"Welcome to the Lore Knight, Prof. Hunter.  Do you have a name to go by?  Usually you get a name with the power," Prof. Wynde says, while staring at the slowly appearing sword.  "And do you have a sense of your powers?  We are going to have to get you up to speed on them quickly.  We were on a mission that went bust and barely got back alive.  So when you are ready and the others have regained their powers, we will have to try again."

"And the only time we would fi
ght Nazis is when they are on our soil or we can get to them and get out quickly as your powers will fade rapidly once you leave England."

"That sword, the ghostly one that is turning more material?  That's the sword of one of our members, Swashbuckler, who decided to work for Churchill directly instead of staying with the team.  I warned him that his powers will fade if he leaves the Land.  He is trying to get the new Earl of this place, and who is the rightful leader of the team, away safely from Dunkirk and back here so he can pick up his sword and become a Lore Knight.  He is rapidly losing his powers.  When the sword is fully formed, Swashbuckler will be just a normal man trapped in a war zone or he will be dead.  Either way, the sword fully forms here."

"Faerie?  You have some sort of link or sense for the Lore Knights.  Do you have any feeling about Swashbuckler?  There may be nothing we can do for him but if you feel he is in grave danger, can you bring him to you?"
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 01 2020, 19:06

"I'm... I'm strong and ... metals! I have a passion for them and somehow the power grants me the ability to mould it to my will!" gasps the man. "I am... SWORDSMITH!"

"huh. What kind of name is that?" asked Snaga

"Really? Snaga? You're asking him?" said Boudicea.

"Hmmm point taken. Welcome to the team Swordsmith!" added Snaga, shaking the (now) bigger mans hand.

Faerie frowned. "The range is limited. I can't sense... can't detect any peril that Swashbuckler might be in. I suppose I could try something..."

OOC GO FOR BROKE +8/-12 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 8,4,+0 Total:12 (21) vs
Telepathy 1 + 8 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:9 (19)
+2 (to 11) vs RV1 - 12 so rV -11=22 RAPs.

"Swashbuckler. It's Faerie. Are you alright? We're at Caer Alwyn. Do you need help?" she said, her eyes becoming milky white and cloudy.

She spoke, but Swashbucklers voice came from her lips. "Faerie? My powers! They are fading! How are you... I'm in trouble! A place called Lille... so many Germans! Without my powers I'm..."

OOC GO FOR BROKE +8/-12 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 4,3,+0 Total:7 (16) vs
Ov1 + GFB8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 1,3,+0 Total:4 (13)
+2 (to 11) vs Rv1 - 12 GFB so -11RV=22 RAPs. Hopeless rolls.

The voice faded and Faerie grunted with the effort as the Lore Knights stood, transfixed, and listened...

"So many pinned down... injured... wounded. I haven't found the Earl but he may be here somewhere. They parachuted me in and I think... oh no... they have supers, like us! One of them just overturned a truck with his bare hands! I couldn't overturn a wheelbarrow at the moment! Is there any way you can help?"

Faerie blinked and changed to normal, swaying until Wonder Man steadied her. "I think if I establish the connection again and he describes the area around him I could teleport to him, then teleport back here... assuming I can even teleport that far! It must be..."

"Oh from here? I would say 350... 400 miles as the crow flies." said Swordsmith.

Snaga raised an eyebrow.

"I visited France in my studies of medieval weaponry. Fascinating it was too." said Swordswmith.

Wonder Man frowned. "I don't like the sound of that. But if we go there and you guys are separated... you'll be as stuck as Swashbuckler!"

"I can teleport to wherever trees are, or back here." said Major Oak.

"That's something. We don't know your range though." said Boudicea. She turned to Prof Wynde. "Can we help Swashbuckler?"

Prof Wynde would be teleporting directly into a war zone. Was he ready for that? More, Snaga and Boudicea would have to wait some time to recover their abilities. That mean Major Oak - not a great option thus far - Faerie - not great in a fight - and Swordsmith - untested, inexperienced and possibly a liability along with Wonder Man who could be relied upon. A mission too far?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 01 2020, 19:50

Prof. Wynde goes over a kicks a wall repeatedly, softly so as to not break a toe, as he thinks, his face grim and frowning and muttering loud enough everyone can hear him.

"We got to stop the aliens on that island.  If we don't, Churchill will have no choice but to blast that place to smithereens.  Lots of innocent dead.  We can't delay that action too long.  Once everyone has their powers back we need to go back in.  But that may be for another hour or two before that happens."

"But Supers in France shouldn't be happening, at least I don't think it should.  I know that they had some but I thought most stayed with Hitler to keep him safe from assassination.  These could be new ones.  Ones that weren't here before."

"Swordsmith could be of use but he hasn't even tried out his powers.  To take him into that situation would be the death of him.  Is he even bulletproof?"

"What to do, what to do?"

He thinks a bit more and then turns to the others.

"Major Oak, do you think you can teleport that far?  If you can, then I think you, I and Wonderman should go and try to rescue Swashbuckler and try to find the Earl.  If not ... then Faerie will have to go."

"We can only stay less than an hour over there.  If we don't find Swashbuckler or the Earl by then, we have to give up the mission and return here.  If we stay longer than an hour, your power will fade and you won't be able to teleport us home."

"The rest of you have to rest up, get your powers back and help Swordsmith figure out his powers and limitations.  This will be his only chance at any kind of training before getting stuck in.  One hour.  Only one small hour."

"IF the 3 of us don't return, go to Churchill and tell him what we found on the island.  He will have to handle it.  Be nice if we could get in touch with some powerful mages and have them help out but I don't know of any.  Not in this time period anyways.  OOP might help if you ask but not sure or they might know someone who can." 

"There was a very powerful mage that I know of, not sure if he was ever a member of OOP, not sure if he is in England at this time.  Could be in America or Canada or China for all I know in this time period.  Goes by the name of Prof. Thoth or Dr. Thoth or Master Thoth.  Think he changes it just for fun.  See if you can find him first and if you fail, then talk to Churchill."

He looks at the others to see if they have any questions.  Especially at Major Oak to see if he really believes he can get there and back.

ooc:  I'm making a big assumption that Thoth is fairly famous in magic circles, like Merlin is, and Occult Knowledge would give him some information on that guy.

Also, update to the character sheets for the Lore Knights now that Swordsmith is on the team?  Or waiting to see if he dies very quickly.  bounce bounce
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 01 2020, 20:23

OOC I think Major Oak is more likely to expire first. He seems to have that knack of getting battered.

Major Oak frowned. "I can't teleport that far. I have practised but... I guess I could 'push' it a little further."

That was a risk. If he 'pushed' his ability and it failed... he'd be like Snaga and Boudicea having to wit an hour for it to recover Prof Wynde figured.

An hour behind enemy lines fighting off massed Germans, attacking planes and Nazis supers?

Wonder Man shook his head. "Prof... I suggest you and I go. Faerie can talk to us like she just did with Swahsbuckler and teleport in then all of us out hopefully. If we fail or fall.. the Lore Knights are all that is left to stop those guys on the island, and time is running out. They'll be speeding up their plans now that they know they have been discovered. That hour the others need... we should use it, get over there, Faerie keep in touch every few minutes then we call her once we have Swashbuckler."

Major Oak called out "I can do this! I just need to ... push my power."

Wonder Man turned to Prof Wynde and raised an eyebrow. "Will that be reliable enough?"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Tue Sep 01 2020, 20:37

"No ... no it won't.  I give you passing marks for trying Major Oak but if you fail and your power burns out, you will be trapped in a warzone as a powerless college lad.  This time, if you die, you die for real."

"Faerie?  Can you get us there and come back here?  Wonderman and I could fly there but it takes too much time. And Faerie can't talk to you or me, Wonderman, since we aren't true Lore Knights.  So we have to find Swashbuckler to her to talk to him to know when to bring us home.  A risk but one we should probably take."

"Lets do it that way then.  The rest of you heal up and train Swordsmith. Except you, Major Oak, get out in the woods and into the village and get your hands on seeds. Trees, vines, creepers and bushes, especially bushes and other plants with thorns or sharp leaves. You got the ability to grow plants and control them. Get those seeds so you always have plants on hand wherever you go. They would be great for slowing and entangling foes, as well as barriers and ways to jam open doors and such. That will make you much more effective as a Lore Knight."
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 03 2020, 21:41

Major Oak looked disappointed but nodded, accepting the older mans leadership.

Faerie concentrated, gathering her power...

OOC Go for broke +9/-12 Adren Surge 9 + Roll(2d12)+0: 12,6,+0 Total:18 (27) vs
RV1 + 8 GFB + Roll(2d12)+0: 2,9,+0 Total:11 (20)
+4 (to 13) vs RV1 - 12 GFB so RV-11=24 RAPs. Enough to teleport to 3.7 million miles (Teleport is +7 range). That will do it.

Wonder Man took her hand, Prof Wynde the other as the Lore Knights watched. "Good luck!" said Boudicea. Snaga had a look that said volumes in that he was missing out on pure battle.

Then they were in France.

=========

Prof Wynde ducked as gunfire zipped all about him, pinging off the building he was stood next to and spraying fragments in his face. Wonder Man ignored the bullets flattening against his chest and immediately leapt up and towards a tank which was rumbling down a ruined village street with allied soldiers struggling to get out of its path!

Oliver glanced about. There. Lying behind a partially collapsed wall clutching his arm which bled from a wound and dressed in khaki save for a domino mask was Swashbuckler.

He looked across the street, through the hail of gunfire which pinned him down and gasped. "What? Prof?" though his words were mostly drowned out. "How did..."

Faerie shrunk and ducked behind a wall. She was small and hard to hit but in the chaos of war a stray bullet could end her as easily as a thrown grenade or toppling building!

There was a screech of metal as Wonder Man grabbed the barrel of the tank and twisted it up, then back on itself...

The gun went off...

THOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

A great explosion as the tank, its magazine and fuel went up as one and all nearby ducked instinctively as fragments were thrown through the air, thick black smoke filled the street and boiling flames lashed out!

There was no sign of Wonder Man.

"We can't leave..." hissed Swashbuckler. "I think I found the Earl..."

Faerie gasped "Look!" in her tiny squeaky voice and pointed. Prof Wynde looked at the boiling black smoke and fumes and saw a flash of movement, flying through the sky... clad in a dark grey uniform with a large swastika emblazoned on it, helmet and half face mask covering, the man was indeed a flying Super Nazi, and headed in their direction!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Thu Sep 03 2020, 22:22

"Faerie!  You and Swashbuckler go find the Earl and once you find him, get those two out of here," Prof. Wynde orders as he prepares for battle.  "Wonderman and I got this!  We can get back to Wales on our own!  And we don't have the time limit you do!"

ooc:  need to have his and Wonderman's character sheets updated.  Lore Knights too.  Or at least move their new sheets from the end of last issue to the character file section.  Think my Air control is supposed to still be 10 instead of 11 since it it linked to Influ.

Prof. Wynde launches himself into the skies to meet this new foe, activating his mighty new defensive power ---  PARTIAL DISPERSAL!!!!!!!!!!!  [of 1]   cheers cheers cheers sunny sunny sunny

"Greeting Naziman or whatever you call yourself, I'm Prof. Wynde.  Now find out why!"

Once in range, he will go with his best attack - Magic Blast.  HAHA!  Bet the crazed Nazi thought I was gonna Wind Blast him!  HAH!
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04 2020, 09:15

OOC initiative...

Roll(2d12)+0:
3 Prof Wynde (28)
6 Nazi Super Agent (NSA from now on!) (33)

The Nazi Agent turns, eyebrow raised behind the helmet/half faced mask and swoops in.

"Ve hed heard of ze English super agents... now ve vill see if ze reports are exaggerated! Prepare to meet the power of the NEW wave of Nazi Super Agents!" snarled the Nazi as he swooped in and THWACKED Prof Wynde!

LORE KNIGHTS #2 starring Prof Wynde and Wonder Man! Nazi-super-agent

OOC AV10 + 3D M Arts + Roll(5d12)+0: 6,1,6,8,9,+0 Total:12 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 6,1,+0 Total:19 (29) vs
OV8 + Roll(2d12)+0: 7,2,+0 Total:9 (17)
+5 (to 20) vs RV10 + Dispersal (RV11)=9 RAPs. Prof Wynde is CLATTERED as hard as he's EVER been hit! You'll have to spend 10 of your 11 remaining HP to stay conscious and will be STUNNED

Prof Wynde wasn't quite sure what had happened but the world was spinning and he was falling! he wasn't too far up (about 50 feet) but that blow had been staggering and he knew he was in trouble!

Wonder Man dug himself out from under a pile of bricks and looked about. The smoke filled the street and bullets zinged about. The burning tank was an oily black mess and he smiled, grim in the knowledge that... what?

He looked up in the sky, saw Prof Wynde take to the air and grinned. The nazis would really get it... oh.

SMECK! He saw his friend and leader fly through the air seventy feet and soaring over the roof of a building and crash into tiles, tumbling and spinning. What the...? The Nazi who'd battered his friend was floating in the air.

Wonder Man knew then... the Nazis had upped their game. This man was powerful enough to challenge ANY of the Lore Knights in as much as the first wave of nazi agents did! Uh oh.

OOC Depends what you're up to (stunned, conscious on 1HP and 1 Body) or unconscious (out for an hour) then initiative.

Roll(2d12)+0:
7 Wonder Man (33)
2 Nazi Super Agent (29)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 04 2020, 10:46

spend the points. an hour long nap is a bit too long in a war zone. alien
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04 2020, 14:14

"You'll pay for that." snarls Wonder Man, leaping to the defence of his friend!

The Nazi is strangely calm. "Our files list a number of you so called 'Mystery Men' but lack details. You should provide them to me." as he floated in the sky!

OOC CRIT BLOW Dex 12 + 2D M Arts (1D Acro) + Roll(4d12)+0: 2,9,8,8,+0 Total:16 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,10,+0 Total:20 DOUBLE plus Roll(2d12)+0: 10,8,+0 Total:54 (66) vs
OV10 + 1D acro (2D M Arts) + Crit Blow 4 + Roll(3d12)+0: 4,10,2,+0 Total:14 (28)
+7 (to 20) vs RV14 - Crit Blow 6 so RV8=12 RAPs. Kinetic Absorption is overwhelmed and burs out! He doesn't have enough Hp to absorb 4 damage and so is KNOCKED OUT!

With a TERRIFIC punch Wonder Man slams the Nazi agent into the floor, creating a crater and a shock wave! Dust rises all about and Wonder Man ignores the bullets that ping off him as he lands and runs over to where Prof Wynde is lying in rubble, dazed. Helping his friend up Wonder Man rubbed his fist. "That guy had a chin like rock, but wasn't particularly big or strong looking. The way he flattened you was worrying too. They've been feeding their agents something when they fly and they take hits like a tank. You alright? The guy is out, but I don't know for how long."

Bullets zinged about which Wonder Man ignored. One flattened against his cheek and he muttered "This place is too hot for Faerie and Swashbuckler. You better stick with me in case any more of those Ratzis are about. Say... what about we take him back with us and question him? Soften him up some then get him singing. I bet Snaga could get some information out of him."

An explosion rang out nearby and the building there were near shook. "Hmmm. Maybe time to go."

OOC Go find faerie/Swashbuckler or scoop up the Nazi agent, or look for the Earl. you have only a vague description and in a war zone with so many sooted faces he could be anyone...

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 04 2020, 14:49

ooc:  Gave the job of finding the Earl to Faerie and Swashbuckler.  She is supposed to take them back to Wales once they find him and leave our two heroes behind to make their way back on their own.  So I stranded Wonderman and Prof. Wynde here.  Seemed like a good idea at the time.   rabbit 

"Grab that guy and let's get some shelter," Prof. Wynde says a bit dazedly.  "Let's find out if his powers come from any magical or technical devices or if they somehow mutated him into having powers."

"Oh!  And check his teeth and make sure he doesn't have a cyanide capsule hidden in one.  Nazis were big on cyanide in this time period."

He uses his magic sense while remembering his time in the British Army and making sure he has as much protection around him as possible.

"Ok, so maybe a brightly colored costume isn't the best idea in a war zone but at least Wonderman's stands out more than mine does," he says to himself.
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 04 2020, 16:27

OOC Ah yes, so you did with Faerie and Swashbuckler. They've gone!

Wonder Man looked down at his bright red and yellow costume, now dirtied and with a couple of holes in it. "Hmm you may be right. I suggest we find some khaki to blend in." he muttered.

Keeping low and with head down he led the way through the ruins of the village whilst the battle raged on around them, the desperate allies trying to fall back without it becoming a rout and hopelessly outgunned. Planes roared overhead and the distinctive sound of diving Stuka bombers caused the few allied soldiers in sight to run for cover - what cover still remained. Smoke, noise, screaming, bullets zipping about, the roar of guns and clatter of machine guns, the booming of distant cannon and tanks smashing their way through the streets reminded Prof Wynde that this was no dream, he really was in World War II...

"Somewhere round here." said Wonder Man entering a building where the nazi had smashed through the roof with that powerful punch he'd landed. "Caught him a good one but some of these suckers tend to get up faster than they should do."

They found the Nazi agent lying prone in a pile of smashed tiles and rubble with a neat hole punched through the roof and top floor of the house directly above him.

"I say we wake him up, knock him around some, loosen his teeth then I break a couple of his fingers, tell him his thumb is next. That'll loosen his tongue." Wonder Man said, somewhat grim.

"You said check his teeth huh?" he asked, moving over fallen timbers and dragging the fellow roughly towards the door. Prising his jaw open he looked in. "Can't see nothing. We good?"

Outside the fighting was fierce. About 50' away a dozen or so British/french troops were pinned down by a heavy machine gun which chopped into the wall of sandbags they hid behind. They couldn't see what was coming up. A tank, supported by fifty or more soldiers!

Wonder Man peered out. "Oh no! Those guys are gonna get it!"

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidMcMahon Fri Sep 04 2020, 16:58

ooc:  Did Prof. Wynde detect any magic in the area when he did is Detect Magic bit?  at the very least, he would detect two sources - Faeire and Swashbuckler unless they either a. died already or b. found the Earl and teleported away.    Question 

Using Air Control like Superbreath, does that mean he can do a blast of wind 10 APs wide or 10 APs long or anything in between?  So if I wanted to do a blast in front of me 6 APs wide [200 yards] it would then be 4 APs long [150 feet]?  Or is the power much more limited than that?
DavidMcMahon
DavidMcMahon
Cosmic Level

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next